PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Chicago Bulls Have Reached Out To Phil Jackson

ko8e24
05-24-2010, 11:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5216961

The Chicago Bulls have reached out to Phil Jackson through back channels to gauge his interest in returning to the franchise he won six NBA titles with, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.

There has been no direct contact between Bulls officials and Jackson, according to the sources, but people close to both parties have spoken and come away with the belief that Jackson would be open to a potential reunion in Chicago next season.

Gar Forman, the Bulls' general manager, refused to comment on the club's coaching search when reached Monday night by telephone.

Chicago could be on the verge of its biggest offseason since the Michael Jordan Era, when Jordan and Jackson led the club to double three-peats from 1991-1993 and 1996-1998.

With roughly $23 million to spend in free agency, the Bulls are one of the more probable landing spots for LeBron James. James is intrigued by the possibility of playing with Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, according to sources, and the return of Jackson would only make the Bulls that much more attractive to the Cleveland Cavaliers' two-time MVP.

Jackson, who is in the final year of his contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, would likely only be interested in coaching Chicago if James signed there. If Jackson and James joined the Bulls, Jackson would have the unparalleled opportunity to have coached Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal and James.

The Bulls are one of six teams in the league with a head coaching vacancy and one of several believed to have interest in Jackson.

Jackson, whose Lakers lead the Phoenix Suns 2-1 in the Western Conference finals, has said recently there's a "90 percent chance" that if he coaches next season it will be with the Lakers. But Lakers owner Jerry Buss reportedly wants Jackson to take a pay cut from the $12 million salary he's receiving this season.

That could open the door for the Bulls, as well as the Cavaliers or New Jersey Nets, to make a run at Jackson.

Jackson, the NBA's all-time leader with 10 championships, coached the Bulls from 1989-1998. Since leaving the Bulls, Jackson has maintained a friendship with team owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

chitownbulls
05-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Sayy whatt?????

SaimoNETS
05-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I thought he was gonna retire after this year

chitownbulls
05-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't like how they didn't mention that he coached Pippen

PHX2daDEATH
05-24-2010, 11:24 PM
talk about distractions.. what happened last time Phil and Lakers were put in this position

barker
05-24-2010, 11:25 PM
cant this be considered tampering?? Even though I don't really care :D

Draco
05-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Everything that has transpired has done so according to Paxson's design

duce5858
05-24-2010, 11:27 PM
The Lebron to Chicago pipe dream is getting closer to reality every day!

NYtilIdie
05-24-2010, 11:30 PM
I think Phil's going to retire a Laker, but I think Larry Brown is willing to coach Rose and Noah, hell its better then staying in Charlotte being trapped in the 7-8 spot for the next few years.

kntresistheheat
05-24-2010, 11:30 PM
The Lebron to Chicago pipe dream is getting closer to reality every day!

It sounds like it:(

kntresistheheat
05-24-2010, 11:31 PM
cant this be considered tampering?? Even though I don't really care :D

I do think so, but one of boys thinks it not:confused:

JordansBulls
05-24-2010, 11:37 PM
This would be good. Maybe we can get Shaq as well.
:)

IAmKira
05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
where the hell is ANTI TAMPERING in this?!

Draco
05-24-2010, 11:44 PM
where the hell is ANTI TAMPERING in this?!

What are you talking about.. it never happened. :confused:

IAmKira
05-24-2010, 11:47 PM
What are you talking about.. it never happened. :confused:

nvm, didnt even read the article. "Parties close to the 2" Frigging loop hole.

abe_froman
05-24-2010, 11:47 PM
I do think so, but one of boys thinks it not:confused:

they didnt publicly speak on it,not have offered a deal.

Draco
05-24-2010, 11:48 PM
nvm, didnt even read the article. "Parties close to the 2" Frigging loop hole.

It's what you can prove ;)

lakerboy
05-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I can already see Phil Jackson using this as a leverage to avoid a paycut.

ko8e24
05-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Under no circumstances does Phil Jackson deserve a pay-cut. BS. Old Man Buss, you better sign him and give him whatever he asks for or else! :mad:

td0tsfinest
05-24-2010, 11:55 PM
are you allowed to talk to a coach even though he's under contract and still working?

leftymo
05-24-2010, 11:56 PM
funny, Phil ain't going back to Chicago...

Once you are in LA, you are not going back east. It doesn't work that way... Phil will coach the Bulls right after Kobe plays for them...

that would be sometime after never.

zambo4president
05-24-2010, 11:57 PM
He wouldn't...:eyebrow:

still1ballin
05-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Ew!! Stay away Chicago! Phil ain't leaving Kobe

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Buss is gonna screw the Lakers, and a new Bulls dynasty will be born.

ARMIN12NBA
05-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Under no circumstances does Phil Jackson deserve a pay-cut. BS. Old Man Buss, you better sign him and give him whatever he asks for or else! :mad:

Don't hate on Buss. His only current business endeavor is the Lakers. He has everything tied to the Lakers and even Phil said earlier this year that Buss is financially tied and shouldn't be spending the money he's spending on the Lakers, but wants to win badly.

Phil makes an obscene amount of money for a coach. He should take a pay-cut to about 10 million dollars. Not to mention the fact that he has preached that the game of basketball shouldn't be about greed or money or selfishness (see: Sacred Hoops written by Phil Jackson).

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Jennie buss better start getting a head-start on phil:D

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:07 AM
ok good luck chicago

RaysFan
05-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Damn....this could either be a REALLY good summer for the Bulls or this could be just a HUGE tease.

itsripcity32
05-25-2010, 12:09 AM
lebron to .... CAVS BALL
no shooter and legit big = fail

shep33
05-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Don't think this probably even happend, but I don't see Phil leaving. Phil's girlfriend is the Lakers owner's daughter, i think he lives in Montana which ain't too far from Cali, so i just don't see him doing it. Especially at his age now.

OT Thriller
05-25-2010, 12:11 AM

:facepalm: weak

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 12:13 AM
:facepalm: weak

You know you like that:p

JNA17

not really good but i'll give u a nod for trying :)

Cubsfan365
ok good luck chicago
You do realize we had him first right :facepalm:

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:14 AM
You do realize we had him first right :facepalm:

you do realize that was 12 years ago and a whole different team?

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Either Chris Broussard is going to get fired, or he has the best sources I have ever seen in the history of sports??? No one, is coming out with the reports of Lebron, Bulls, Phil, ect....Except Mr Broussard:rolleyes:

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 12:16 AM
you do realize that was 12 years ago and a whole different team?
6 rings says it all

Jonathan2323
05-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Leverage to get the Lakers not to cut to much from his salary?

I think so.

Bruno
05-25-2010, 12:17 AM
I don't like how they didn't mention that he coached Pippen

Scottie has never gotten enough credit. One of the bigger flaws in the way we view the history of the game is not giving Pippen his due. He was no doubt the best SF of the 1990's, and an indisputable top 5 SF ever.

People forget how good he was that first year without Jordan in 1993-1994. That year, he earned All-Star Game MVP honors and led the Bulls in scoring, assists, and the entire league in steals, averaging 22.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals, 1.9 three-pointers, and 0.8 blocks per game, while shooting 49.1% from the field and a career-best 32% from the three-point line

In 1993-1994 Pippen finished 3rd in MVP voting, and had a higher PER than Kobe Bryant did in 2009-2010 (to put it in perspective). The Bulls finished that season with 55 wins, only two fewer than they did the previous year with Jordan; they finished 3rd in the east, two games out of first place.

If it weren't for the Hollins-Hubert Davis touch foul incident, the Bulls would have won the series vs NY, and challenged the Houston Rockets for the championship, IMO. That 1994 Bulls playoff squad has three players who had a PER of higher than 20.0 over that 10 game playoff stretch (Pippen, Grant, Toni)

This is why I get so pissed when people talk about Jordan not having a great talented team around him. They almost made the finals without him, Scottie was an MVP caliber player, and they were extremely deep. They didn't fair as well in 1995, but that's because Horace Grant left for Orlando.

People also forget that the TrailBlazers were one fourth quarter miracle by the Lakers away from being the NBA champions in 1999-2000, Pippen was the veteran leader of that squad.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 12:18 AM
not really good but i'll give u a nod for trying :)

:up::up: I am trying to make a story as much as Chris Broussard:p

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:22 AM
6 rings says it all

What do they say? Am i missing something?

kid, bulls fans here already have a really terrible rep, please don't make it worse.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:23 AM
:up::up: I am trying to make a story as much as Chris Broussard:p

that's better :laugh:

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 12:26 AM

kid, bulls fans here already have a really terrible rep, please don't make it worse.
It says he accomplished more with the Bulls than he has with the Lakers. It's really simple math kid.

RipVW
05-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Leverage to get the Lakers not to cut to much from his salary?

I think so.

Could be. But it also could work in Chicago's favor because this news creates buzz and shows the Bulls are all in. News of this is mutually beneficial even if its false.

I also think its interesting timing. It kind of pre-empts Cleveland. I also dont think Phil would leave LA to go to Cleveland, especially not if Chicago's an option.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:34 AM
It says he accomplished more with the Bulls than he has with the Lakers. It's really simple math kid.

6 rings vs 5 rings (soon to be anyway), wow. 1 ring better, opps daisy.

However you can humor me with your reasons if you like on why you think he would go to the bulls? Unless 6 rings is all you got? Then that's a real shame :facepalm: .

If you do, please try to not make me laugh, it would really make the argument much less debatable.

whitekimbo
05-25-2010, 12:35 AM

i HATE the bulls but the kid has a point. so i dunno y ur even talkin. the only thing worse then a PSD bulls fan is a PSD lakers fan

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:37 AM
i HATE the bulls but the kid has a point. so i dunno y ur even talkin. the only thing worse then a PSD bulls fan is a PSD lakers fan

you know what's even worse, a dolphins/bulls fan, very very bad combination.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Hahaha yes, thank you.

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 12:39 AM
If I were a Lakers fan, I'd be mad too.

knickerbockerny
Either Chris Broussard is going to get fired, or he has the best sources I have ever seen in the history of sports??? No one, is coming out with the reports of Lebron, Bulls, Phil, ect....Except Mr Broussard:rolleyes:

Chris Broussard is the same man that said today that the Dallas Mavericks are a very likely destination for Lebron James, if Cleveland wants to do a sign and trade.

He is just spitting out Bull ish (pun intended)!:rolleyes:

Scottie has never gotten enough credit. One of the bigger flaws in the way we view the history of the game is not giving Pippen his due. He was no doubt the best SF of the 1990's, and an indisputable top 5 SF ever.

People forget how good he was that first year without Jordan in 1993-1994. That year, he earned All-Star Game MVP honors and led the Bulls in scoring, assists, and the entire league in steals, averaging 22.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals, 1.9 three-pointers, and 0.8 blocks per game, while shooting 49.1% from the field and a career-best 32% from the three-point line

In 1993-1994 Pippen finished 3rd in MVP voting, and had a higher PER than Kobe Bryant did in 2009-2010 (to put it in perspective). The Bulls finished that season with 55 wins, only two fewer than they did the previous year with Jordan; they finished 3rd in the east, two games out of first place.

If it weren't for the Hollins-Hubert Davis touch foul incident, the Bulls would have won the series vs NY, and challenged the Houston Rockets for the championship, IMO. That 1994 Bulls playoff squad has three players who had a PER of higher than 20.0 over that 10 game playoff stretch (Pippen, Grant, Toni)

This is why I get so pissed when people talk about Jordan not having a great talented team around him. They almost made the finals without him, Scottie was an MVP caliber player, and they were extremely deep. They didn't fair as well in 1995, but that's because Horace Grant left for Orlando.

People also forget that the TrailBlazers were one fourth quarter miracle by the Lakers away from being the NBA champions in 1999-2000, Pippen was the veteran leader of that squad.

True.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 12:40 AM

However you can humor me with your reasons if you like on why you think he would go to the bulls? Unless 6 rings is all you got? Then that's a real shame :facepalm: .

If you do, please try to not make me laugh, it would really make the argument much less debatable.
Not to mention he had 6 rings with the Bulls in one less season.

MaHaRaJaH
05-25-2010, 12:41 AM
I think he would come if Lebron was going there to

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:42 AM

As i suspected, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 12:42 AM

So what?

The past doesn't mean anything, Phil is going to go the best situation where he will get appropriate pay. The Lakers are paying a lot of $$$ in luxury tax so I can understand them not wanting to pay $12 million for a coach.

I'm sure Phil would rather coach Lebron over Kobe, but will he want to leave Odom/Gasol/Bynum?

Pierzynski4Prez
05-25-2010, 12:43 AM
whatever this "source" is, it's 100% false. The guy is playing in the conf. finals and about to be in the finals. He is in no way talking to anybody about coaching elsewhere. All he cares about at this point are the Suns, and the Celtics/Magic.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 12:45 AM
As i suspected, you are the weakest link, goodbye.
Cool comeback from ten years ago dude. How about the fact that the Bulls core is just entering their prime now, and have a good chance of adding LeBron as well. That, and more money, are more appealing than a quickly aging franchise.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 12:46 AM
whatever this "source" is, it's 100% false. The guy is playing in the conf. finals and about to be in the finals. He is in no way talking to anybody about coaching elsewhere. All he cares about at this point are the Suns, and the Celtics/Magic.

Thank you:clap:

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 12:49 AM
You're right, he isn't talking to anybody else. The report said the Bulls are talking to sources that are close to Phil.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Cool comeback from ten years ago dude. How about the fact that the Bulls core is just entering their prime now, and have a good chance of adding LeBron as well. That, and more money, are more appealing than a quickly aging franchise.

Are you kidding me:confused:The lakers can easily win 2 more rings with the core they have with an upgrade at PG

RipVW
05-25-2010, 12:51 AM

Yeah, like he hasnt had time to think about other things like the % likelihood that he will retire or about the political issue in Arizona involving immigration.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Are you kidding me:confused:The lakers can easily win 2 more rings with the core they have with an upgrade at PG
And if the Bulls add LeBron and another piece, we could win a whole lot more than 2 rings.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:56 AM

zzzzzzzzz.....*finally wakes up* Wait what now? Oh you said something different all of a sudden? I applaud you :clap:

But unfortunately, you made many mistakes.

Bulls entering their prime? Interesting, derrick rose moving to his 3rd year, taj gibson now going into his 2nd year, noah going into his 3rd year i believe. James johnson 2nd year, etc etc. All those players that i mentioned that are any good are all under 25, prime years are you joking? Jeez i know people overreact when a player turns 30 all of a sudden is called old but i mean prime years at 24 or 23? WTF?

except you still don't have lebron do u? Is he wearing a bulls jersey yet? Did he sign his name in that dotted line in the contract? No. The only person in any major source that thinks bulls have the best shot at lebron was chris bussared who has a terrible rep as it is and apparently bulls fans took it way too seriously. Except the real fact is that chances are he stays with the cavs, or knicks or bulls. Bulls have a shot, but it's also unlikely.

more money.....Im confused more cap money or more money as a team? Because lakers are currently the biggest money maker right now so not sure what your talking about?

more appealing? What's appealing about chicago over california? Did 2012 come already?

quickly aging franchise? you mean the core of kobe, gasol, bynum, artest and odom being 29, 30 or 31? Bynum at 23, That's quick aging? Jeez do you know the difference between an old player, veteran, or young player?

Your posts are quite disappointing.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:58 AM
And if the Bulls add LeBron and another piece, we could win a whole lot more than 2 rings.

and since the heat can sign lebron, wade and bosh, they can win rings every year and talk about making T-Mobile commercials all day.

See what i did with your logic ;)

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 12:59 AM
More money meaning our owner won't lowball a guy with 10 damn rings. The fact that they want to drop his salary from 12 Mill to 5 Mill is ridiculous. And Broussard is certainly not the only guy who said the Bulls have a good chance at LeBron.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 01:00 AM
zzzzzzzzz.....*finally wakes up* Wait what now? Oh you said something different all of a sudden? I applaud you :clap:

Bulls entering their prime? Interesting, derrick rose moving to his 3rd year, taj gibson now going into his 2nd year, noah going into his 3rd year i believe. James johnson 2nd year, etc etc. All those players that i mentioned that are any good are all under 25, prime years are you joking? Jeez i know people overreact when a player turns 30 all of a sudden is called old but i mean prime years at 24 or 23? WTF?

except you still don't have lebron do u? Is he wearing a bulls jersey yet? Did he sign his name in that dotted line in the contract? No. The only person in any major source that thinks bulls have the best shot at lebron was chris bussared who has a terrible rep as it is and apparently bulls fans took it way too seriously. Except the real fact is that chances are he stays with the cavs, or knicks or bulls. Bulls have a shot, but it's also unlikely.

more money.....Im confused more cap money or more money as a team? Because lakers are currently the biggest money maker right now so not sure what your talking about?

more appealing? What's appealing about chicago over california? Did 2012 come already?

quickly aging franchise? you mean the core of kobe, gasol, bynum, artest and odom being 29, 30 or 31? Bynum at 23, That's quick aging? Jeez do you know the difference between an old player, veteran, or young player?

Yeah!! What he said:mad:

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:02 AM
Yeah!! What he said:mad:

oh and i forgot to mention the heat as another team. IMO the heat would be the best to go if the heat. Wade, Lebron and possibly bosh along with Beasley if he can get his act together would be beast.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:04 AM
^Yeah, I'm sure LeBron is going to want to go to a city nicknamed "Wade County." :rolleyes:

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:06 AM
More money meaning our owner won't lowball a guy with 10 damn rings. The fact that they want to drop his salary from 12 Mill to 5 Mill is ridiculous. And Broussard is certainly not the only guy who said the Bulls have a good chance at LeBron.

first of all were not even sure how much the pay cut would even be. That whole all the way down to $5 million has been proven to be pure speculation.

2nd, please show me proof from credible sources that there people that thought lebron would go to the bulls over cavs and knicks before broussard made his claim on espn. I'll be waiting, but i feeling once again you will disappoint me.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:08 AM
^Yeah, I'm sure LeBron is going to want to go to a city nicknamed "Wade County." :rolleyes:

and I'm sure lebron would want to go to a city with MJ's shadow written all over it :rolleyes: .

Once again, your logic used against you. That and the fact none of us have any clue what the **** lebron wants to do.

kntresistheheat
This just in, The Chicago Bulls are interested in Mike brown and that make's lebron james a lock to the bulls
-Chris Broussard

lol.:rolleyes:

ChiSox219
2nd, please show me proof from credible sources that there people that thought lebron would go to the bulls over cavs and knicks before broussard made his claim on espn. I'll be waiting, but i feeling once again you will disappoint me.

Bill Simmons has been saying Lebron to Bulls for months.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:09 AM

he was supposed to find that out for himself :p. He's a bigboy right?

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:11 AM
first of all were not even sure how much the pay cut would even be. That whole all the way down to $5 million has been proven to be pure speculation.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/suddenly-everybody-thinks-lebron-is-headed-to-chicago-everybody.php

There you go. Do your homework buddy.

kntresistheheat

Bills simmons, Heard that from Broussard:p

ko8e24
Question: Does LeBron Know What The Shape of a Triangle Looks Like? :confused:

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 01:12 AM
and I'm sure lebron would want to go to a city with MJ's shadow written all over it :rolleyes: .

Once again, your logic used against you. That and the fact none of us have any clue what the **** lebron wants to do.

Don't see how it's the same logic or how you used it effectively "against" the other guy.

Going to Miami is a good option for Lebron the only downside is if/when he whens a title, his legacy will be he needed to play with Wade.

This Jordan's shadow nonsense is just that. It's been over a decade since Jordan left and Lebron is already above the "next Jordan" label. Does Paul Pierce suck because he couldn't win as many titles as Larry Bird?

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:12 AM

Really???? MJ is LeBron's idol and he was a Bulls fan growing up. It should be common sense that he would want to carry on the legacy of his idol, rather than play second fiddle to one of his peers. I guess I expected too much of you.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:13 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/suddenly-everybody-thinks-lebron-is-headed-to-chicago-everybody.php

good job except that article was made after the chris claim. Another +1 fail point for you. :facepalm:

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:16 AM
good job except that article was made after the chris claim. Another +1 fail point for you. :facepalm:
What does it matter who said it first?? You said Broussard was the only guy thinking this, and it is completely clear other people are as well, other general managers in fact. Charles Oakley, who is also close to LBJ, said Chicago over Cleveland and NY.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Really???? MJ is LeBron's idol and he was a Bulls fan growing up. It should be common sense that he would want to carry on the legacy of his idol, rather than play second fiddle to one of his peers. I guess I expected too much of you.

carry on the legacy? How about trying to be better then your idol? Trying to overcome and be the best you can ever be? That's practically common knowledge for any player, oh but wait when it comes to chicago we just want the legacy to carry on.

I guess neither common sense nor knowledge is your best suits.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 01:17 AM

One GM went a bit further in a phone call a few minutes later. "I think the Bulls are really going to go for it. Look for them to offer the Cavs Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade for LeBron. That will allow them to retain most of their cap space. Then they'll go after Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh as well."

This is one of those dum *** thinks of :rolleyes::facepalm: Like the cavs are really going to take deng in a sign a trade or better yet!!! Help the team that is trying to take their franchise player with in their own division:facepalm:

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:18 AM
What does it matter who said it first?? You said Broussard was the only guy thinking this

please show me proof from credible sources that there people that thought lebron would go to the bulls over cavs and knicks before broussard made his claim on espn.

reading comprehension ftw.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:19 AM
One GM went a bit further in a phone call a few minutes later. "I think the Bulls are really going to go for it. Look for them to offer the Cavs Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade for LeBron. That will allow them to retain most of their cap space. Then they'll go after Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh as well."

This is one of those dum *** thinks of :rolleyes::facepalm: Like the cavs are really going to take deng in a sign a trade or better yet!!! Help the team that is trying to take their franchise player with in their own division:facepalm:
English translation?

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:20 AM

x2, i swear the people here on this board don't seem to use logic now a days, it's annoying.

metsbulls1025

It is simple really. I am sure the Bulls have sent what ever messages they could to both Lebron and Phil about each other and how badly they want both of them. Chicago said they are going to give the FA a say in the coach. Now Phil Jackson is no idiot and knows there is a really good chance Lebron comes to Chicago. Then he has to make a decision. Stay in LA where Kobe will start to decline or come to Chicago where you can have Rose, Lebron, and Noah who have yet to hit their primes and would give him a better opportunity going forward as far as winning.

RipVW
Guys, stop beating up on JNA. He's an OK guy.

kntresistheheat
What does it matter who said it first?? You said Broussard was the only guy thinking this, and it is completely clear other people are as well, other general managers in fact. ,Charles Oakley is also close to LBJ, said Chicago over Cleveland and NY.

I will take this one, He said Miami or Chicago;)

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:21 AM
reading comprehension ftw.
Wow, you have misinterpreted so many things I have written.

hugepatsfan
If CLE does a S&T w/ Lebron it makes more sense to do it with a team like DAL. They can take on Mo's God awful contract.

Lakersfanla24
So what?

The past doesn't mean anything, Phil is going to go the best situation where he will get appropriate pay. The Lakers are paying a lot of $$$ in luxury tax so I can understand them not wanting to pay $12 million for a coach.

I'm sure Phil would rather coach Lebron over Kobe, but will he want to leave Odom/Gasol/Bynum?

i know that ur a lebron nut hugger from previous posts but do u honestly think phil, the smartest coach in nba history, is going to leave a team with kobe, a proven winner, for lebron, a proven loser? and if you do u honestley dont know ***** about basketball or are to young to know the way it works. Phil will coach another three peat with la no matter what hes being paid and then retire.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:22 AM
I will take this one, He said Miami or Chicago;)
Once again, LBJ is definitely gonna go to Wade County...not

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Guys, stop beating up on JNA. He's an OK guy.

How is he getting beat up on? Because he isn't buying the garbage that Bulls fans are spitting out their ***es.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 01:23 AM
English translation?

Im sorry, did I embarrassed you:confused:

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:24 AM
It is simple really. I am sure the Bulls have sent what ever messages they could to both Lebron and Phil about each other and how badly they want both of them. Chicago said they are going to give the FA a say in the coach. Now Phil Jackson is no idiot and knows there is a really good chance Lebron comes to Chicago. Then he has to make a decision. Stay in LA where Kobe will start to decline or come to Chicago where you can have Rose, Lebron, and Noah who have yet to hit their primes and would give him a better opportunity going forward as far as winning.

finally a decent argument.

Now i understand what you are saying for the long term but your forgetting that it's not just kobe, there's gasol, odom, artest, bynum that are headed on their way to their 3rd straight finals appearance and a great chance on a 11th ring for his toe. With a simple MLE that is used for an upgrade at PG, you got the next potential 2 or 3 more championship years covered.

That, and the fact phil does not want to coach much longer, if anything at this point, he would lean towards retiring before heading to another team.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Im sorry, did I embarrassed you:confused:
Haha oh yeah, I'm sorry I can spell words from elementary school.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:27 AM

Now i understand what you are saying for the long term but your forgetting that it's not just kobe, there's gasol, odom, artest, bynum that are headed on their way to their 3rd straight finals appearance and a great chance on a 11th ring for his toe. With a simple MLE that is used for an upgrade at PG, you got the next potential 2 or 3 more championship years covered.

That, and the fact phil does not want to coach much longer, if anything at this point, he would lean towards retiring before heading to another team.
OMG, unbelievable hahaha

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Once again, LBJ is definitely gonna go to Wade County...not

Accepting that your in denial is a start;)

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Accepting that your in denial is a start;)
you're*

Draco
If CLE does a S&T w/ Lebron it makes more sense to do it with a team like DAL. They can take on Mo's God awful contract.

Why would Lebron want to go to Dallas? Dallas isn't on Bosh's list why would it be on Lebron's?

How is he getting beat up on? Because he isn't buying the garbage that Bulls fans are spitting out their ***es.

What does it matter which reporter came out with the first article about Lebron going to the Bulls?

JNA17
Wow, you have misinterpreted so many things I have written.

please explain what you were trying to say because it seems now your just not making sense and your just trying to hard to be smart with yourself.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Why would Lebron want to go to Dallas? Dallas isn't on Bosh's list why would it be on Lebron's?

What does it matter which reporter came out with the first article about Lebron going to the Bulls?
Exactly...someone had to come out with it first.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:30 AM
please explain what you were trying to say because it seems now your just not making sense and your just trying to hard to be smart with yourself.
For example, I said Jackson would have more money with the Bulls and you interpreted that to mean salary cap room or something. Nope, I meant the Bulls will offer him a higher salary.

Draco
05-25-2010, 01:31 AM

Where did you learn about this?

I listened to Russilo's podcast earlier tonight. He and Bucher were talking about the Bulls being a team that probably wouldn't let players make those kind of decisions.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Haha oh yeah, I'm sorry I can spell words from elementary school.

So you are going to be a little NIP PICKER....Huh???

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:33 AM

Please tell me you are kidding. Because Bosh doesn't want to go to DAL Lebron can't? :facepalm: I have seen you say the Knicks are not an option in Lebron's mind. But they are on Bosh's list. You seem to have contradicting opinions depending on which fits the Bulls case better.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:34 AM
I believe you mean nit picker hahahaha

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 01:35 AM
i know that ur a lebron nut hugger from previous posts but do u honestly think phil, the smartest coach in nba history, is going to leave a team with kobe, a proven winner, for lebron, a proven loser? and if you do u honestley dont know ***** about basketball or are to young to know the way it works. Phil will coach another three peat with la no matter what hes being paid and then retire.

Whatever man, your a Lakers fan it's not like you will listen to any opinions different than your own in this discussion.

The Lakers have a lot of pieces that would make Phil stay but if we were just talking Kobe vs Lebron, I don't see why Phil chooses to stay with a guy headed for decline, a guy who has been petty and difficult his entire career over the opportunity to coach the best player the league has seen since Jordan left.

You swap Kobe for Lebron and the Lakers are still headed for the Finals.

JNA17
For example, I said Jackson would have more money with the Bulls and you interpreted that to mean salary cap room or something. Nope, I meant the Bulls will offer him a higher salary.

they could. Do they have more money then what the lakers COULD offer phil? absolutely not. However, it is possible the bulls will offer something big to outbid phil's potential pay cut, yet at the same time, the contract the bulls would most likely offer will not be that much of a big difference then what the lakers would offer even with the pay cut.

Sadds The Gr8
don't see why Phil would leave and go to Chicago when he already has a championship team atm...especially seeing as he's almost ready to retire and this may be his last season.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Whatever man, your a Lakers fan it's not like you will listen to any opinions different than your own in this discussion.

The Lakers have a lot of pieces that would make Phil stay but if we were just talking Kobe vs Lebron, I don't see why Phil chooses to stay with a guy headed for decline, a guy who has been petty and difficult his entire career over the opportunity to coach the best player the league has seen since Jordan left.

You have an obvious bias for Lebron over Kobe. Also, as someone who has talked about retirement, why would Phil want to give up a better team now for one that has a better future. Doesn't make sense to me.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:38 AM
they could. Do they have more money then what the lakers COULD offer phil? absolutely not. However, it is possible the bulls will offer something big to outbid phil's potential pay cut, yet at the same time, the contract the bulls would most likely offer will not be that much of a big difference then what the lakers would offer even with the pay cut.
There is no real way of proving that though

hugepatsfan
don't see why Phil would leave and go to Chicago when he already has a championship team atm...especially seeing as he's almost ready to retire and this may be his last season.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!! WINNER!!!!!

Draco
Please tell me you are kidding. Because Bosh doesn't want to go to DAL Lebron can't? :facepalm: I have seen you say the Knicks are not an option in Lebron's mind. But they are on Bosh's list. You seem to have contradicting opinions depending on which fits the Bulls case better.

No, I meant Dallas isn't seen as a preferred destination by Bosh.. not by me, not by the media, not by former players (at least that I know of), there's been no report of any GMs thinking Dallas is a great destination.. so why Dallas?

Having the Knicks on Bosh's list (why it's there, who knows) is one of the few reasons I can think of that NY might be appealing to Lebron. What are some others? Fricken Danilo Gallinari?

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:39 AM
No, I meant Dallas isn't seen as a preferred destination by Bosh.. not by me, not by the media, not by former players (at least that I know of), there's been no report of any GMs thinking Dallas is a great destination.. so why Dallas?

Having the Knicks on Bosh's list (why it's there, who knows) is one of the few reasons I can think of that NY might be appealing to Lebron. What are some others? Fricken Danilo Gallinari?

If he gets to DAL w/ Kidd and Dirk it is probably the best spot for LBJ.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:39 AM

that's pretty much it and similar to what i said before.

Looking at this logically, you got a championship team already, you got one of the best players in the league with you, your practically ready to retire either this season or next season, and bulls fans talk about long term with their core when it's pretty obvious that phil is not exactly looking for long term.

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 01:43 AM
You have an obvious bias for Lebron over Kobe. Also, as someone who has talked about retirement, why would Phil want to give up a better team now for one that has a better future. Doesn't make sense to me.

Lebron is a better player right now and will be the better player in five years. If preferring the better player is what is considered "biased" then I'm the most biased fan you will ever talk to.

Then you get into the issue of Kobe's difficult attitude that Phil has had to deal with, I'm sure it gets old telling the guy to stop chucking.

Why would Phil leave? If he's going to get paid $12 million to coach Lebron in Chicago vs $5 million to coach the Lakers, I think there's a chance he'd considered it. Lebron on the Bulls makes them an instant title contender so it's not like he's going to a lottery-bound team.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:43 AM
There is no real way of proving that though

True, were not sure what type of contracts either team will offer, for all we know bulls could offer 20 ****ing million which then i definitely see phil leaving lol.

However, looking at this from a financial stand point, since the bulls need to save money to try and get lebron anyway, is proof alone that the bulls can't just offer a huge contract to phil or any other coach.

Lakersfanla24
05-25-2010, 01:45 AM

im always open for opinions when it doesnt involve annoiting lebron king when he hasnt done anything to prove his worth. I was simply stating that phil is more likely to choose a proven winner and championship caliber team over a bulls team that could possibly have 2 ball dominators in lebron and rose. plus lebron has proven time and time again he cant deliver when it matters most. phil has enough money and fame and all that, plus his gf works within the lakers organiztion. C'mon yall be realistic now.

Draco
05-25-2010, 01:45 AM

I also doubt Phil leaves. I don't think the article suggested leaving was a certainty. In fact, it quotes Jackson saying there's a 90% chance he'll say. The issue seems to be about money as much as the opportunity to coach a young Bulls team. Chances are probably greater that Jackson takes less money or L.A. pays him, before going to the Bulls.

Why some fans have their panties in a wad over this (not you) I have no idea.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:46 AM
True, were not sure what type of contracts either team will offer, for all we know bulls could offer 20 ****ing million which then i definitely see phil leaving lol.

However, looking at this from a financial stand point, since the bulls need to save money to try and get lebron anyway, is proof alone that the bulls can't just offer a huge contract to phil or any other coach.
IMO if the Bulls get LeBron, we would be just as likely to win a title as the Lakers, and at that point it might come down to the difference in dollars whatever that may be.

Draco
05-25-2010, 01:47 AM
If he gets to DAL w/ Kidd and Dirk it is probably the best spot for LBJ.

Dirk is 6 years his senior and Kidd is already past his prime. They aren't good enough reasons for the best player in the league (at 25 y/o) to commit years of his career to. James could stay on a team with Jamison and Shaq if he wanted that. And yes, I'm aware Dirk is better than Jamison..

metsbulls1025

I understand, but you also have to figure that what is Bynum really going to do for your future. He is 23 years old and already has had eight arthroscopic knee surgeries (five on the right knee and three on the left) is a bit scary for a 7 footer. He has only played in 61% of their games in the past 2 and a half season. I don't see why a team would sign and trade for him or why the Lakers would even trust him. Him not wanting to coach or go to another team is complete opinion until he says he retires because he has before changed his mind on coaching. If they are having contact back and fourth then you also have accept that there is interest and LBJ is in the center of all that. You also can't expect your role players of Odom and Artest to continue their good play heading into their mid 30's. It will be tough choice for him either way and I don't see how he can go wrong.

JNA17
Then you get into the issue of Kobe's difficult attitude that Phil has had to deal with

Ok usually i never try to quote or even argue with you since almost 80% of your posts is pure rubbish, but this alone takes the cake.

Basically for comparing better attitudes sake, your saying either take the wise veteran player, over the arrogant young player? Yeah i'm sure phil would love to have lebron at a sleep over party with his gloomy attitude right? :rolleyes:

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Lebron is a better player right now and will be the better player in five years. If preferring the better player is what is considered "biased" then I'm the most biased fan you will ever talk to.

Then you get into the issue of Kobe's difficult attitude that Phil has had to deal with, I'm sure it gets old telling the guy to stop chucking.

Why would Phil leave? If he's going to get paid $12 million to coach Lebron in Chicago vs $5 million to coach the Lakers, I think there's a chance he'd considered it. Lebron on the Bulls makes them an instant title contender so it's not like he's going to a lottery-bound team.

I'd take Kobe for the playoffs. Lebron is better over the course of the full season because he's younger. But Phil knows LAL or CHI (w/ Lebron) is guaranteed a playoff berth - Kobe is the guy you want at that time.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:52 AM
IMO if the Bulls get LeBron, we would be just as likely to win a title as the Lakers, and at that point it might come down to the difference in dollars whatever that may be.

Not even close.

Lakersfanla24
05-25-2010, 01:53 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh:
anyone who thinks lebron is going to make any team he goes to, besides staying with the cavs, a title contender is a joke. Basketball takes time
to develop chemistry it doesnt happen overnight. Lebron will wndup like malone, hell of a player just couldnt get it done when it mattered.:rolleyes:

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 01:55 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh:
anyone who thinks lebron is going to make any team he goes to, besides staying with the cavs, a title contender is a joke. Basketball takes time
to develop chemistry it doesnt happen overnight. Lebron will wndup like malone, hell of a player just couldnt get it done when it mattered.:rolleyes:
So you're saying that the Cavs without LeBron are better than the Bulls without LeBron....not a chance in hell.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 01:56 AM

it could, yet think of it this way. On the lakers, you already have players that know the triangle pretty well including kobe, gasol, and fisher have it down from every dot and digit. You know your team is ready and is familiar to the system, now why go to another team that has no clue how the hell to preform that kind of offense in a spam of....1 season?

Because the fact of the matter is this, the triangle offense, takes years to even understand, lamar odom still hardly understands it lol. The only case where a player managed to master the triangle so quickly in recent memory was...pau gasol. It had to be a player with tremendously IQ to preform that offense well. It was practically insane how he was able to even preform above average level in a matter of half a season with that type of offense.

And you except young guys like rose, noah, gibson, even lebron with no disrespect but neither having the highest IQs in basketball exactly, being able to preform decently in that system in a matter of 1 year?

In fact Rose would probably kill Phil Jackson since that system makes almost every point guard useless and does almost nothing except either carry the ball up the court or shoot from the outside. Really that's pretty much it.

ChiSox219
im always open for opinions when it doesnt involve annoiting lebron king when he hasnt done anything to prove his worth. I was simply stating that phil is more likely to choose a proven winner and championship caliber team over a bulls team that could possibly have 2 ball dominators in lebron and rose. plus lebron has proven time and time again he cant deliver when it matters most. phil has enough money and fame and all that, plus his gf works within the lakers organiztion. C'mon yall be realistic now.

Kobe has proven he can win with great teammates. Gasol, Bynum, and Odom are all better than any Cav not named Lebron. I suppose you could make the case for Artest as well. When Kobe sat out some games in the middle of year the Lakers blasted teams including the Jazz @ Utah, who were playing the best basketball in the league at that time.

Lebron played outstanding basketball these past two playoff runs, he tore up the Eastern Conference last year in one of the greatest playoff runs we'll ever see. I'm not going to knock him because he hasn't won a title, teams win championships. He simply is the best player in the league and the gap is not small.

As for two ball "dominators", both Rose and Lebron are incredibly unselfish and when they do look to score, they do so in contrasting ways. I'm excited for the possibility of them playing together, it's not like we're talking about Steve Francis and Jamal Crawford.

nbafan63

Bro, let me give you some advice as a fellow Lakers fan. Some of these guys on PSD will argue and attack you over their "pipe dreams." There is no way you can convince them that Phil Jackson is staying with the Lakers. You will just get attacked for saying it is unlikely to happen. Just think about it, Phil Jackson came out and said there is 90% chance he will stay with the Lakers. Yet these PSD guys are telling us there is a good chance he will go to the Bulls. So if 10% is considered a good chance that Phil returns to the Bulls, what else is there for you to say?

Just relax and let them dream a little...
No need to get all worked up.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Bro, let me give you some advice as a fellow Lakers fan. Some of these guys on PSD will argue and attack you over their "pipe dreams." There is no way you can convince them that Phil Jackson is staying with the Lakers. You will just get attacked for saying it is unlikely to happen. Just think about it, Phil Jackson came out and said there is 90% chance he will stay with the Lakers. Yet these PSD guys are telling us there is a good chance he will go to the Bulls. So if 10% is good chance, what more is there to argue with them about?

Just relax and let them dream a little...
No need to get all worked up.

not quite worked up as you think i am. It's just since as you said about PSD, i'm just making a decent attempt at trying to make some of these posters back to reality or at least use logic to make decent arguments instead of simple pipe dreams so that PSD would not be filled with just homers and hypocrites.

But i appreciate the advice :)

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 02:00 AM
it could, yet think of it this way. On the lakers, you already have players that know the triangle pretty well including kobe, gasol, and fisher have it down from every dot and digit. You know your team is ready and is familiar to the system, now why go to another team that has no clue how the hell to preform that kind of offense in a spam of....1 season?

Because the fact of the matter is this, the triangle offense, takes years to even understand, lamar odom still hardly understands it lol. The only case where a player managed to master the triangle so quickly in recent memory was...pau gasol. It had to be a player with tremendously IQ to preform that offense well. It was practically insane how he was able to even preform above average level in a matter of half a season with that type of offense.

And you except young guys like rose, noah, gibson, even lebron with no disrespect but neither having the highest IQs in basketball exactly, being able to preform decently in that system in a matter of 1 year?

In fact Rose would probably kill Phil Jackson since that system makes almost every point guard useless and does almost nothing except either carry the ball up the court or shoot from the outside. Really that's pretty much it.
The last thing the Bulls want is to make Derrick Rose a non-factor. I don't even know if that is really possible. The Lakers would probably benefit Jackson short-term, but once the Bulls understood the offense and begin to hit their stride, I think it would be hard to argue that we would be tough to compete with. With that said, it would also depend on how long Phil would plan on sticking around.

metsbulls1025
05-25-2010, 02:01 AM

Lets see. A team without a pure SG, a 2 year PG, a rookie PF, and a 3 year C still makes the playoffs with a .500 record and plays the Cavs tough. Not to mention an even younger team the year before went 7 games with the Celtics with a few OT games. You are crazy to think a Cavs team without Lebron is better then the Bulls. The reason the people around LBJ are so good is because LBJ draws so much attention out on the court and is such a great passer that they pretty much have open looks every time down the floor.

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 02:03 AM

haha Fail :facepalm:

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 02:03 AM
I'd take Kobe for the playoffs. Lebron is better over the course of the full season because he's younger. But Phil knows LAL or CHI (w/ Lebron) is guaranteed a playoff berth - Kobe is the guy you want at that time.

Lebron has been outstanding in the playoffs his stat line is mind boggling, I don't see how you could take Kobe or anyone in the league over Lebron during the playoffs or any other part of the season.

For the record, Lebron ranks third in NBA history in PER during the playoffs, Kobe is 22nd.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 02:06 AM
The last thing the Bulls want is to make Derrick Rose a non-factor. I don't even know if that is really possible. The Lakers would probably benefit Jackson short-term, but once the Bulls understood the offense and begin to hit their stride, I think it would be hard to argue that we would be tough to compete with. With that said, it would also depend on how long Phil would plan on sticking around.

we have our own legit reasons on which team is better long term, however, you pretty much answered the question with that last sentence you made. Phil already said himself that most likely he will either retire this year or next year. If he comes back for another year and assuming that would be his last year, how or why would phil have to basically start teaching the whole offense all over again with a whole different group of players, forgetting how good or bad they are, when he's got a perfectibility fine team that knows their ****?

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 02:07 AM
Not even close.

See your obviously a hater. It actually would be close. But i don't think Lebron is leaving the Cavs so in reality it dosen't matter. I hold a very slim hope that Lebron does come to Chicago (but i really doubt it).

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Lebron has been outstanding in the playoffs his stat line is mind boggling, I don't see how you could take Kobe or anyone in the league over Lebron during the playoffs or any other part of the season.

For the record, Lebron ranks third in NBA history in PER during the playoffs, Kobe is 22nd.

Because I appreciate true greatness over someone whose hype exceeds his production come crunch time. The stats you gave me are loser stats. I've seen Kobe dominate games and WIN. Lebron did it once vs. DET.

nbafan63
05-25-2010, 02:09 AM

If PER = championships than I don't know what else to tell you bro. While Lebron has put up awesome numbers, it does not mean it equals championships. Lebron plays in a system while everything revolves around him, so he will get good stats. If lebron played in Mike Dantoni's system, he will put up even crazier stats, but it might not mean Championships. Look at the Celtics. Not a single player on that team puts up Lebronish numbers, but they are a Championship caliber team. Rando is the only one that puts up close to lebron's #s, without the points.

Cubsfan365
we have our own legit reasons on which team is better long term, however, you pretty much answered the question with that last sentence you made. Phil already said himself that most likely he will either retire this year or next year. If he comes back for another year and assuming that would be his last year, how or why would phil have to basically start teaching the whole offense all over again with a whole different group of players, forgetting how good or bad they are, when he's got a perfectibility fine team that knows their ****?
I'm not saying it is likely that Phil comes back to Chicago, but there is a possibility that he may be lured by the intrigue of LeBron James and the Bulls. There is no way he is coming to the Bulls if he doesn't truly believe we can contend for a title right away.

hugepatsfan
See your obviously a hater. It actually would be close. But i don't think Lebron is leaving the Cavs so in reality it dosen't matter. I hold a very slim hope that Lebron does come to Chicago (but i really doubt it).

Really? The Lakers are about to go to a third straight finals. The Bulls w/ Lebron are far less likely to win a title than the Lakers. That doesn't involve being a hater - just common sense.

gocubs2118
05-25-2010, 02:10 AM
Damn....this could either be a REALLY good summer for the Bulls or this could be just a HUGE tease.

Thats why I'm burning down Chris Broussard's house if none of this happens.

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Really? The Lakers are about to go to a third straight finals. The Bulls w/ Lebron are far less likely to win a title than the Lakers. That doesn't involve being a hater - just common sense.

Common sense? If the Bulls can land Lebron it opens up the door to bring another All-Star in via sign and trade.

A core of

Rose
Allen
Lebron
Amare or Bosh
Noah

Would challenge the Cavs. So yes, you are obviously a hater.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Thats why I'm burning down Chris Broussard's house if none of this happens.
He will lose all his credibility, which isn't much imo, if none of this happens.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm not saying it is likely that Phil comes back to Chicago, but there is a possibility that he may be lured by the intrigue of LeBron James and the Bulls. There is no way he is coming to the Bulls if he doesn't truly believe we can contend for a title right away.

yes it is definitely a possibility since a lot of crazy **** has happened in the past, but as a lakers fan AND a nba fan, i really don't see phil leaving for another team. IMO, either lakers for another year, or retirement.

Raph12
05-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Idk how effective Lebron or Rose would be off-ball, Phil would probably find a way make it work, but I think LBJ goes to NYC.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 02:15 AM
Common sense? If the Bulls can land Lebron it opens up the door to bring another All-Star in via sign and trade.

A core of

Rose
Allen
Lebron
Amare or Bosh
Noah

Would challenge the Cavs. So yes, you are obviously a hater.

But the poster I responded to just said Lebron. And he wasn't talking about the Cavs either. So either read up and learn the entire context of an argument or just stay out.

ANd how do you get Allen (I assume Ray) AND another max.

Cubsfan365
05-25-2010, 02:16 AM
yes it is definitely a possibility since a lot of crazy **** has happened in the past, but as a lakers fan AND a nba fan, i really don't see phil leaving for another team. IMO, either lakers for another year, or retirement.
I agree that is the most likely scenario.

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Idk how effective Lebron or Rose would be off-ball, Phil would probably find a way make it work, but I think LBJ goes to NYC.

You haven't lost your sigbet yet. Keep some hope.

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 02:22 AM
If PER = championships than I don't know what else to tell you bro. While Lebron has put up awesome numbers, it does not mean it equals championships. Lebron plays in a system while everything revolves around him, so he will get good stats. If lebron played in Mike Dantoni's system, he will put up even crazier stats, but it might not mean Championships. Look at the Celtics. Not a single player on that team puts up Lebronish numbers, but they are a Championship caliber team. Rando is the only one that puts up close to lebron's #s, without the points.

It's not just about Lebron's raw numbers, it's about his efficiency, ability to create for himself and others, and him keeping his team in games they wouldn't otherwise be in.

People are saying they'd rather have Kobe, I'd rather have Lebron because he's the better player and if he ever had a supporting cast close to Kobe's, he'd be playing for a ring.

TEAMS win championships.

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 02:23 AM
But the poster I responded to just said Lebron. And he wasn't talking about the Cavs either. So either read up and learn the entire context of an argument or just stay out.

ANd how do you get Allen (I assume Ray) AND another max.

Another fail on your part. If we sign only Lebron the Bulls would have a roster of around 6 players. It's common sense....use it, if the Bulls sign Lebron it obviously opens up other doors. That's what this whole thread is about :facepalm:

As for Ray Allen, Korver or JJ Reddick (or pretty much any shooter) we'd offer him the mid level exception. This could only be done if we move Deng or Kirk in a sign and trade. My point was we'd sign a shooter

Raph12
05-25-2010, 02:25 AM
You haven't lost your sigbet yet. Keep some hope.

I've lost my sigbet already, trust me.

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 02:27 AM
I've lost my sigbet already, trust me.

When you hate Boston fans like i do...you have to believe :(

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 02:28 AM
Another fail on your part. If we sign only Lebron the Bulls would have a roster of around 6 players. It's common sense....use it, if the Bulls sign Lebron it obviously opens up other doors. That's what this whole thread is about :facepalm:

As for Ray Allen, Korver or JJ Reddick (or pretty much any shooter) we'd offer him the mid level exception. This could only be done if we move Deng or Kirk in a sign and trade. My point was we'd sign a shooter

For the sake of the argument you felt the need to stick your nose into, Lebron was the only given. Add 3 all stars to any team and they will compete. Don't comment on what you are not a part of or have not taken the time to look over - fail on your part.

Why would TOR take on Deng's long term deal for Bosh when they already have a SF locked up long term in Turk (overpaid) - fail on your part

You don't get a MLE if you start out under the cap - fail on your part.

ko8e24
05-25-2010, 02:29 AM
It's not just about Lebron's raw numbers, it's about his efficiency, ability to create for himself and others, and him keeping his team in games they wouldn't otherwise be in.

People are saying they'd rather have Kobe, I'd rather have Lebron because he's the better player and if he ever had a supporting cast close to Kobe's, he'd be playing for a ring.

TEAMS win championships.

If LeBron is King, then Kobe is God.

Plain and simple buddy. That's the TRUE HIERARCHY OF THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION as we speak!

Oh btw, whoever says that LeBron will be playing for Phil next yr are dead on!......b/c LeBron is signing with the Lakers for the mid-level.

/thread

Raph12
05-25-2010, 02:33 AM
When you hate Boston fans like i do...you have to believe :(

What can I say lol, I'm a realist.

Draco
05-25-2010, 02:34 AM

Plain and simple buddy. That's the TRUE HIERARCHY OF THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION as we speak!

Oh btw, whoever says that LeBron will be playing for Phil next yr are dead on!......b/c LeBron is signing with the Lakers for the mid-level.

/thread

Kobephiles are funny.. but how did this turn into that kind of a thread?

ko8e24
05-25-2010, 02:35 AM

Don't ask me, ask ChiSox219.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 02:35 AM

when some bulls fans in the thread had to mention his name is what :laugh:

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 02:36 AM
For the sake of the argument you felt the need to stick your nose into, Lebron was the only given. Add 3 all stars to any team and they will compete. Don't comment on what you are not a part of or have not taken the time to look over - fail on your part.

Why would TOR take on Deng's long term deal for Bosh when they already have a SF locked up long term in Turk (overpaid) - fail on your part

You don't get a MLE if you start out under the cap - fail on your part.

If Bosh said he wants to go to Chicago, what choice do they have? And it dosen't have to be Toronto. It can be the Cavs, Suns, Jazz, Hawks. So fail on your part

For the sake of the arguement? Your argument made no sense. If the Bulls only signed Lebron we'd have 7 players on our roster. Obviusly we'd lose to the Lakers with half a roster. Are you really that stupid? This whole thread is based on hypotheticals.

As for the Mle i may be wrong about that. But either way we could sign a shooter. But i guess that is also going against your 'argument', since the Bulls would be playing with 7 players next season.

Draco
05-25-2010, 02:37 AM
A Bulls source downplayed an ESPN report that claimed the Bulls are working back channels to gauge Phil Jackson's interest in returning to the franchise he led to six championships.

The report, citing two sources, claimed there has been no direct contact between Bulls officials and Jackson, whose Lakers contract expires after this season. But the report claimed the back channel contacts sensed Jackson would be open to the Bulls' job.

That seems unlikely, not only because of the team source downplaying the story but also from Jackson's words on May 4.

"No, I'm not," Jackson said, when asked if he'd be interested in succeeding Vinny Del Negro. "I think it's a wonderful job for whoever takes it. It's a team on the rise and there's some young talent that showed their ability to come back after probably a devastating first two months. Then from January on they played pretty well."

Jackson has said Lakers management will reduce his $12.5 million salary should he return to Los Angeles.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/report-bulls-interested-in-phil-jackson.html

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 02:44 AM

/thread

That's cool.

If he had to chose, in a vacuum, whether to coach Lebron or Kobe, I don't think he'd hesitate to choose Lebron. Better player, not as selfish, easier to deal with.

Enough with the "King" nonsense, I don't understand why Lakers hang on to this so hard, if his last name wasn't James there would be no play on words and his nickname would be something else, regardless of how many titles he did or didn't win.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 02:46 AM
If Bosh said he wants to go to Chicago, what choice do they have? And it dosen't have to be Toronto. It can be the Cavs, Suns, Jazz, Hawks. So fail on your part

For the sake of the arguement? Your argument made no sense. If the Bulls only signed Lebron we'd have 7 players on our roster. Obviusly we'd lose to the Lakers with half a roster. Are you really that stupid? This whole thread is based on hypotheticals.

As for the Mle i may be wrong about that. But either way we could sign a shooter. But i guess that is also going against your 'argument', since the Bulls would be playing with 7 players next season.

If they signed Lebron, they would have LBJ, Rose, Noah, Hinrich, and Taj as starters. Deng would be a reserve. I'm sure they have a few more guys. Obviously I assumed the Bulls would add players to their roster. But filling out the roster and adding 3 all stars (like you listed) are two totally different things. We already squashed your Ray for MLE idea. Now for the S&T...

Teams do have a choice in making S&T. If Bosh wants to go to CHI, TOR doesn't have to make a deal. The only possible deal I can see the Bulls making is Deng for JJ (S&T), and even that is pushing it.

DCB/LAL
05-25-2010, 02:52 AM
Kobe>Lebron really its that simple there is no question about I dont know why people still choose to argue that.

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 02:54 AM
If they signed Lebron, they would have LBJ, Rose, Noah, Hinrich, and Taj as starters. Deng would be a reserve. I'm sure they have a few more guys. Obviously I assumed the Bulls would add players to their roster. But filling out the roster and adding 3 all stars (like you listed) are two totally different things. We already squashed your Ray for MLE idea. Now for the S&T...

Teams do have a choice in making S&T. If Bosh wants to go to CHI, TOR doesn't have to make a deal. The only possible deal I can see the Bulls making is Deng for JJ (S&T), and even that is pushing it.

Let me spell it out for you. The first player we sign (Bosh, Lebron, Boozer, JJ, Amare, Wade). Pretty much any of the big name free agents. Will tell their team they are leaving. It is then up to each of the teams if they want to complete a sign and trade with the Bulls. This would allow them to get something in return for their player eg(deng+Taj+a first). Obviously all could say no. And choose to lose their star player for nothing. The 2nd max player the Bulls can sign outright. That allows us to sign two max players.
My original point was, that the only way i see us signing two Max players is if we land Lebron. That opens up alot of doors for the organisation. That's why i commented that we could 'come close' to challenging the Lakers with Lebron.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Let me spell it out for you. The first player we sign (Bosh, Lebron, Boozer, JJ, Amare, Wade). Pretty much any of the big name free agents. Will tell their team they are leaving. It is then up to each of the teams if they want to complete a sign and trade with the Bulls. This would allow them to get something in return for their player eg(deng+Taj+a first). Obviously all could say no. And choose to lose their star player for nothing. The 2nd max player the Bulls can sign outright. That allows us to sign two max players.
My original point was, that the only way i see us signing two Max players is if we land Lebron. That opens up alot of doors for the organisation. That's why i commented that we could 'come close' to challenging the Lakers with Lebron.

I understand what you're saying, but the Bulls don't have anything attractive to offer. I like Deng, but any team that loses a star is going to have to rebuild and his deal would hold them back. Like I said, MAYBE ATL takes him for JJ. But Bosh os out of the question and so is LBJ (as far as S&T scenarios - either could sign outright and I expect one to).

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 03:04 AM
I understand what you're saying, but the Bulls don't have anything attractive to offer. I like Deng, but any team that loses a star is going to have to rebuild and his deal would hold them back. Like I said, MAYBE ATL takes him for JJ. But Bosh os out of the question and so is LBJ (as far as S&T scenarios - either could sign outright and I expect one to).

Yeah i agree. But i'd take Deng (who is only 25) + a young PF + say 2 future first rounders over nothing. I don't know the cap situation for all those teams, but that's not a bad deal for a team with no capspace.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 03:05 AM
Yeah i agree. But i'd take Deng (who is only 25) + a young PF + say 2 future first rounders over nothing. I don't know the cap situation for all those teams, but that's not a bad deal for a team with no capspace.

Doesn't work w/ TOR and Bosh - Turk. But I can see ATL and JJ going for it. (maybe they want Hinrich too but no 1st rounders)

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 03:09 AM
Doesn't work w/ TOR and Bosh - Turk. But I can see ATL and JJ going for it. (maybe they want Hinrich too but no 1st rounders)

First rounders are always good to have. Why would they not want them?

But it all goes back to my original post. If the Bulls land Lebron it allows for all these possible scenarios to take place.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 03:20 AM
First rounders are always good to have. Why would they not want them?

But it all goes back to my original post. If the Bulls land Lebron it allows for all these possible scenarios to take place.

I meant a deal like Hinrich and Deng for JJ. If CHI offered 1st rounders of course ATL would take them, but maybe they won't be necessary is what I meant.

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2010, 03:22 AM
I meant a deal like Hinrich and Deng for JJ. If CHI offered 1st rounders of course ATL would take them, but maybe they won't be necessary is what I meant.

Ahh i see. Well that would be an ideal scenario for the Bulls. But who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

RipVW
05-25-2010, 03:27 AM

Toronto's a bigger candidate for Hinrich or a draft pick.

Minnesota and Memphis are possible destinations for Deng...maybe also Phoenix.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 03:36 AM
Toronto's a bigger candidate for Hinrich or a draft pick.

Minnesota and Memphis are possible destinations for Deng...maybe also Phoenix.

Trust me as a Celts fan - if the Bulls can get Big Al from MIN for Deng they should jump all over it. He has huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge potential (if healthy).

I don't see a match w/ TOR - just don't think the fit isn't there. So no Bosh for CHI, IMO.

Windy
05-25-2010, 03:58 AM
This all really kind of sucks for everyone that doesn't bleed Bull Red...

I felt like the 90's Bulls teams were so greatly constructed and colorful that everyone all over loved them...

Now if Phil, LeBron, Bosh and whoever else comes and the Bulls win gazillions of championships, the Bulls will be the most hated team in the world...

Oh well.
:p

abe_froman
05-25-2010, 04:12 AM

depends on the ownership situation.the capspace taken up by deng's salary is what has people confused into think thats his annual salary,which its not.he's only getting paid 70% of the value of that contract(so say 10 mil a year,they are only paying 7 mil of it that year),the rest is deferred til after he retires(paid out from a trust,and not the future owners)

they also have pieces besides that,thats wouldnt be a bad haul in a s+t scenario.

also keep in mind the team that signs over the player almost always gets a horrible haul(rashard lewis for a 2nd round pick comes to mind)..think the ray allen one was the only half way decent return in the history of the nba.so fans of any team that are thinking of it,really should tamper their expectations

RipVW
05-25-2010, 04:18 AM
Trust me as a Celts fan - if the Bulls can get Big Al from MIN for Deng they should jump all over it. He has huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge potential (if healthy).

I don't see a match w/ TOR - just don't think the fit isn't there. So no Bosh for CHI, IMO.

I wasnt purely talking from the stand point of a 3 way deal. I think draft picks is potentially what some of these S&Ts could come down to. Yeah, Toronto could potentially involve Jefferson. Memphis also has a couple of bigs.

But Minnesota is in good shape where the cap is concerned and has draft picks. I know that GM is only in his second year on the job but they stunk last year and need help. Someone like Deng would make sense there. He's a solid citizen and plays defense. If we could get a pick out of Minnesota for Deng, that would give us two that we can use in S&Ts since most teams want to build from the ground up.

NYK_kidd77
05-25-2010, 04:50 AM

They actually would have a choice. Since you guys already have Lebron on your roster you only have like 8mil left to spend. Toronto can say we are not S&T you for Deng so take the 8mil if you want to go there.( dont see Bosh taking a pay cut)

abe_froman
05-25-2010, 05:02 AM
They actually would have a choice. Since you guys already have Lebron on your roster you only have like 8mil left to spend. Toronto can say we are not S&T you for Deng so take the 8mil if you want to go there.( dont see Bosh taking a pay cut)

even putting deng aside for the moment.that begs the question,for them is it better to let him walk or at least get something in return

no matter the team they are dealing with

NYK_kidd77
05-25-2010, 05:05 AM
even putting deng aside for the moment.that begs the question,for them is it better to let him walk or at least get something in return

no matter the team they are dealing with

For any team you just dont take something just for the sake of taking it. If accepting the S&T will hurt a team imo they should just let the player walk.

PraiseJesus
05-25-2010, 05:47 AM
this makes no sense because phill needs 3 years to implement his triangle offense. He already complains about having to travel all the time, he says he is tired of it, why would he want at least 3 more years of that? starting over is a beetch

He has mentioned that he gives all of his money to his children and grandchildren, so he wants to get paid.

I just dont think Phil has any intentions of coaching again if he leaves the Lakers. He just wants to get paid the same 12 mil as this year

kblo247
05-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Has anyone thought about how hard it would be to teach the young Bulls led presumably by Rose and Lebron, who while very talented don't have near the complete skill set Kobe, Pippen, or Jordan had at this stage, the triangle without Tex Winters to help in less than a year to compete for a title like his current team is doing on their 3rd trip to the Finals?

If Tex Winters was healthy and able to be with the team like he was those 2 different Bulls teams or the 2 LA squads sure it is plausible to make an easy transition, but he isn't there to help Phil teach.

Tex teaches first, while Phil micromanages and teaches later. That has always been the dynamic and if you think Phil in his 60s when he admittedly wants to take everything year by year so he can have the option to retire if his body and heart aren't willing wants to change that now I honestly think you need to re-think what you are saying.

Phil isn't 50 or 40 with good hips, a good back, or a good heart. He just isn't and you expect him to leave his coaching staff, his championship caliber players, Kobe and Fisher who he openly admits cracks the whip for him at time so he doesn't have to do during the season, Vitti who helps him manage his body, and his girlfriend behind on a whim.

It is possible but certainly not likely just from a logical standpoint at this stage of his life.

kblo247
05-25-2010, 06:18 AM
That's cool.

If he had to chose, in a vacuum, whether to coach Lebron or Kobe, I don't think he'd hesitate to choose Lebron. Better player, not as selfish, easier to deal with.

Enough with the "King" nonsense, I don't understand why Lakers hang on to this so hard, if his last name wasn't James there would be no play on words and his nickname would be something else, regardless of how many titles he did or didn't win.

You do realize Phil didn't even try to go and coach a young Lebron right?

He chose to coach a player that he called uncoachable for a second time. He chose to start over with Kobe, and you can't name a time where those 2 have even had a public spat or badmouthed eachother in their second stay. In fact Phil has called him a delight to coach after they sat down and talked their problems out.

So why are you babbling about something that happened when Kobe was a kid as opposed to now when we both know he was younger than Lebron is now playing for Phil back then and winning?

Also if you want to go to better player, lets be real here. Kobe is the better all around player than Lebron even now. Lebron may do certain things better but he is nowhere close to being as complete a player as Kobe is or even was at 22. He still has the same holes in his game that he entered the league with, and if you want to go to the "selfish" point lets just look at history.

Most of Kobe's teammates historically have played better with him than they have without him, including Shaq. Lebron's teammates on the otherhand all play significantly worse becacuse they all get neutered to fit his ball dominant style since he can't play without the ball in his hands, can't post up, and can't work the mid range game to allow them to be comfortable with making plays and decisions for themselves and for him.

Kobe historically whether you like it or not at 21-24 ran through the Spurs, Blazers, Kings, Wolves, and Suns regularly in the playoffs when they were all good out west. You can say well he had Shaq, but check his numbers which would be option 1 numbers everywhere else throughout the 1st 3 rounds of all those playoff runs he and Shaq had together.

Lebron has beaten 1 good team during the postseason in his career. That was the Pistons who lets face it were nowhere near the same with Flip coaching as they were with Larry. He has lost to every good team that he has ever faced in the postseason while dominating cannon fodder like he should in the Bulls, Hawks, and Wizards.

Kobe is more proven than Lebron plain and simple in the postseason. Kobe has shown a willingness to do more to win and change his game for the good of others on his team than Lebron has. Phil knows that he can count on Kobe to play hurt, take every bit of criticism after a loss, work hard, be professional (jigging on the sideline is something you won't see), and to be the bad guy who doesn't give a damn about even his own guys feeling late if need be which is all something that Lebron hasn't shown the tendency to do at this stage of his career.

Yet you say give that up for the future and what Lerbon might be able to do. Why in the hell should he when he knows what Kobe actually can, will, has, and is doing for him even as we speak?

Tell me oh wise one, does that make any ****ing sense to you really to give up a sure thing for "the future" when he could very well decide to retire next year?

JOSKOMANG4
05-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I'd go nuts if Phil Jackson went back to the Bulls.. but I honestly believe he's gonna re-up with the Lakers.

People may think its a money issue.. but the Lakers owner Jerry Buss has something that no other owner has.. a daughter that's married to PHIL JACKSON!!!!! HE'LL BE A DISGRACE TO THE FAMILY! IF HE LEAVES LA HE WOULD HAVE TO HEAR IT FROM HIS WIFE!!!!!! NOBODY LIKES WHEN WOMEN COMPLAINING! "BUT HONEY HE'S ONLY OFFERING ME 5 MILL PER SEASON".. DUDE STFU IT'S 5 MILLIONS DOLLARS YOU ALREADY HAVE MONEY!!! BRING BACK THE MUSTACHE!!!

zadora5
05-25-2010, 08:45 AM
next thing you you know chicago is gonna end up with lebron, wade phil jackson shaq and kobe **** even bring scotty and jordan back to chicago and they will have a **** storm...

a line up like this

PG: derrick rose/ kirk hinrich
SG: dwayne wade/ micheal jordan
SF: Lebron james/ Scotty pimpin
Pf: Joah-kim noah/ B.J armstrong
C: Shaq/ ???

coach phil jackson

:facepalm:

come on now

krest213
05-25-2010, 08:47 AM
**cheese on bread**follow the leader.. Twitter @krest509
the revolution will not be televise.

cubs0707
05-25-2010, 08:50 AM
next thing you you know chicago is gonna end up with lebron, wade phil jackson shaq and kobe **** even bring scotty and jordan back to chicago and they will have a **** storm...

a line up like this

coach phil jackson

come on now
were gonna start mj and bring wade off the bench

zadora5
05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
were gonna start mj and bring wade off the bench

yeah makes sense :violin:

pebloemer
05-25-2010, 09:14 AM

He chose to coach a player that he called uncoachable for a second time. He chose to start over with Kobe, and you can't name a time where those 2 have even had a public spat or badmouthed eachother in their second stay. In fact Phil has called him a delight to coach after they sat down and talked their problems out.

So why are you babbling about something that happened when Kobe was a kid as opposed to now when we both know he was younger than Lebron is now playing for Phil back then and winning?

Also if you want to go to better player, lets be real here. Kobe is the better all around player than Lebron even now. Lebron may do certain things better but he is nowhere close to being as complete a player as Kobe is or even was at 22. He still has the same holes in his game that he entered the league with, and if you want to go to the "selfish" point lets just look at history.

Most of Kobe's teammates historically have played better with him than they have without him, including Shaq. Lebron's teammates on the otherhand all play significantly worse becacuse they all get neutered to fit his ball dominant style since he can't play without the ball in his hands, can't post up, and can't work the mid range game to allow them to be comfortable with making plays and decisions for themselves and for him.

Kobe historically whether you like it or not at 21-24 ran through the Spurs, Blazers, Kings, Wolves, and Suns regularly in the playoffs when they were all good out west. You can say well he had Shaq, but check his numbers which would be option 1 numbers everywhere else throughout the 1st 3 rounds of all those playoff runs he and Shaq had together.

Lebron has beaten 1 good team during the postseason in his career. That was the Pistons who lets face it were nowhere near the same with Flip coaching as they were with Larry. He has lost to every good team that he has ever faced in the postseason while dominating cannon fodder like he should in the Bulls, Hawks, and Wizards.

Kobe is more proven than Lebron plain and simple in the postseason. Kobe has shown a willingness to do more to win and change his game for the good of others on his team than Lebron has. Phil knows that he can count on Kobe to play hurt, take every bit of criticism after a loss, work hard, be professional (jigging on the sideline is something you won't see), and to be the bad guy who doesn't give a damn about even his own guys feeling late if need be which is all something that Lebron hasn't shown the tendency to do at this stage of his career.

Yet you say give that up for the future and what Lerbon might be able to do. Why in the hell should he when he knows what Kobe actually can, will, has, and is doing for him even as we speak?

Tell me oh wise one, does that make any ****ing sense to you really to give up a sure thing for "the future" when he could very well decide to retire next year?

Good post. I do agree on virtually every point. The only reason I could see Jackson being interested in coaching the Bulls if he wanted another project. Much of what you said about Kobe's character and ability to win came from Jackson's teaching. Kobe wasn't always like that. And while I do believe Kobe is the better all around player (this is a very debateable topic, but I'm not here to debate it), LeBron still has potential to be better. And if Phil wants to add to his legacy, coaching LeBron would be quite the way to do so. All this said, with his health concerns, age, etc it just doesn't seem to make much sense at this time. I don't see it happening.

Southsideheat
05-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Has anyone thought about how hard it would be to teach the young Bulls led presumably by Rose and Lebron, who while very talented don't have near the complete skill set Kobe, Pippen, or Jordan had at this stage, the triangle without Tex Winters to help in less than a year to compete for a title like his current team is doing on their 3rd trip to the Finals?

If Tex Winters was healthy and able to be with the team like he was those 2 different Bulls teams or the 2 LA squads sure it is plausible to make an easy transition, but he isn't there to help Phil teach.

Tex teaches first, while Phil micromanages and teaches later. That has always been the dynamic and if you think Phil in his 60s when he admittedly wants to take everything year by year so he can have the option to retire if his body and heart aren't willing wants to change that now I honestly think you need to re-think what you are saying.

Phil isn't 50 or 40 with good hips, a good back, or a good heart. He just isn't and you expect him to leave his coaching staff, his championship caliber players, Kobe and Fisher who he openly admits cracks the whip for him at time so he doesn't have to do during the season, Vitti who helps him manage his body, and his girlfriend behind on a whim.

It is possible but certainly not likely just from a logical standpoint at this stage of his life.

The Bulls have never stopped running the triangle.

RaiderLakersA's
05-25-2010, 11:38 AM
:clap:

:clap:

DengelBerry
05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I think Phil's going to retire a Laker, but I think Larry Brown is willing to coach Rose and Noah, hell its better then staying in Charlotte being trapped in the 7-8 spot for the next few years.

agreed. Larry will be a great coach for Rose

OT Thriller
05-25-2010, 12:05 PM

Wow... that was fantastic! Great post.

fin_frenzy_84
05-25-2010, 12:14 PM
I strongly believe Chicago will get Lebron...
I would love Jackson but I dont think we will

RaiderLakersA's
05-25-2010, 12:23 PM
LeBron still has potential to be better.

LeBron has incredible potential to grow as a player and a leader. There's no denying that. Even LeBron haters secretly fear this to be true.

However, Phil Jackson may not be the one who teaches him. That task may fall to someone else. The only way that LeBron is going to learn from Phil (and truly, from his field general, Kobe) is if some miraculous change of event occurs and LeBron becomes a Laker. (Sidebar: What if the reason why Dr. Buss cut Phil's salary was so that he'd have more money to pay LBJ and cap penalties? Hmmm, something to ponder.)

The salary differences aside, Phil loves it in LA. He gets along with the front office and loves the players. He's dating the boss's daughter, and he never has to worry about a blustry Chicago chill to bring pain to his old bones.

And then there is Kobe.

Seriously, ask yourself: would Phil have left Jordan to go coach a young Kobe? No, he wouldn't.

Jordan was on the path and to the extent that Phil knows loyalty, he was determined to walk the path with Jordan for as long as he kept the road.

Now it's Kobe that is on the path, and to the extent that Phil appreciates loyalty, he will remain on the path with Kobe. I don't see Phil deviating from this course...not until Phil is ready to hang up his bō.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-25-2010, 12:37 PM

a line up like this

coach phil jackson

come on now

Scottie Pimpin, nice

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Now the nets are reaching out to Phil Jackson:rolleyes:

NYK_kidd77
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Now the nets are reaching out to Phil Jackson:rolleyes:

And the Russian is gonna offer him 100mill for one year.

Jonathan2323
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM

:speechless:

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 02:31 PM

I will take that job, I know how to draw triangles!!!!!

NYK_kidd77
05-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Me 2 hell ill even make up my own. We can run the pentagon!!! I know the new owner said he loves surprises.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM

crap, bye phil :(

JNA17
05-25-2010, 02:52 PM

http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/triangle%20offense.jpg

i win :D

daleja424
05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
isnt this tampering?

ecorrea
05-25-2010, 03:16 PM
bron, rose, noah, phil = dynasty

ko8e24
05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
bron, rose, noah, phil = dynasty

Of course.

Phil = Phil

LeBron = MJ

Rose = Pippen

Noah = Rodman

:facepalm: :pity: :rolleyes:

ecorrea
05-25-2010, 03:21 PM
lol, i never make those kind of comments, but havnt posted on this thread yet and just had to...

ecorrea
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
id pack my bags and move back to chi if that happens

ko8e24
05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
id pack my bags and move back to chi if that happens

lol, with all this speculation and stuff, I still feel the Zen Master will stay put in LA to win another 2 rings after this yr's title, and retire with 13 titles in 15 finals appearances. :)

ecorrea
05-25-2010, 03:27 PM
jeez what an animal he is. helps to coach jordan, pipp, kobe, shaq... but damn man!

nbafan63
05-25-2010, 06:00 PM
I'll tell you what. If the $15 billion Russian owner offered Phil Jackson $18 million a yr for 3 yrs ($54 total) Phil is a goner. With Phil signed on with the nets, they will have a good run at Lebron. Money can buy you things you really want.

xabial
05-25-2010, 06:12 PM
If Phil Signs For the money to the Nets, he will ruin his legacy. In his 10+ years NBA Coaching year he has never had a losing season.

nbafan63
05-25-2010, 06:17 PM
If Phil Signs For the money to the Nets, he will ruin his legacy. In his 10+ years NBA Coaching year he has never had a losing season.

And who said this team will have a losing record? I see a playoff team...

Devin Harris
Terrance Williams
Lebron James
Derick Favors
Brook Lopez
+1 FA

GoatMilk
05-25-2010, 07:57 PM
for the dreamers:

Phil just had his pregame media meeting

Phil about reported Bulls feelers: "I have no -- at all -- desire to go back and coach the Bulls."

Phil did not close door on coaching another team but Lakers yet said: "I just can't imagine it."

On why he doesn't close that door on options but Lakers or retirement, Phil said, smiling: "I've always had trouble committing."
from a Laker beat reporter's twitter
http://twitter.com/KevinDing

xabial
05-25-2010, 08:12 PM
And who said this team will have a losing record? I see a playoff team...

Devin Harris
Terrance Williams
Lebron James
Derick Favors
Brook Lopez
+1 FA

THat FA is a complete gamble. Lebrons a long shot...My Knicks, Your Nets, Chicago... Nobody knows where he goes As much as people want him he could stay in cleveland and dissapoint. What if all the Type A FA's resign? (Nowitzki, Wade, LeBron,..) Then you could waste valuable cap space on a 'second tier' Type B free agent like lets say Ben Gordon/Hedo Turkuglu(Both good players but overpaid) and that may not necessarily rebound you from last years awful 70 loss season. Last season may force New Ownership to make a splash and 'overpay' a Free Agent whose signing looks good only on paper.
The draft and wise Free agent signings are your hope.

whitemamba33
05-25-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't understand how people make a living writing these garbage articles. There are no direct quotes or sources..and the only possible source of information declined to comment. So from that, i'm supposed to take this piece of crap seriously?

Why in the blue hell would Jackson care about "being the one to coach Jordan, Shaq, Bryant, and James"??? There is no award given for that...that's not something to be proud of or something that will further is rep as a coach. IF ANYTHING, saying he has coached the leagues top talent has always been a knock against Jackson, so this would just further it.

Phil obviously cares about winning. He has already said that his chances of coming back to coach again relys on how the Lakers do in the post season. If he cares THAT much about winning, do you really think he would relocate to Chicago...a team that got KO'ed out of the first round this season?

There is absolutly no solid ground to write this article on, and to make a thread about it is even worse. It just encourages it. I really wish people would stop and think before they decide to write.

EDIT...AND Phil is a triangle man...which takes a long time to perfect. That doesn't really make coaching a new team a conveniant thing to do.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 11:11 PM
I wonder where are all the bulls fans???:confused: I am telling you dont get to excited on the reports broussard does, he is like a sam smith...As you can see Marc Stein had to step in to clarify the reports:D

"I have no, at all, desire to go back to Chicago and coach the Bulls," Jackson said, responding to an ESPN.com report from Monday night that the Bulls had reached out to Jackson through back channels to gauge his interest in a return.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5220247

JordansBulls
05-25-2010, 11:25 PM
for the dreamers:

Phil just had his pregame media meeting

from a Laker beat reporter's twitter
http://twitter.com/KevinDing

I don't see why he would want to go back and coach the Bulls.

Bulls_fan90
05-26-2010, 02:48 AM
I wonder where are all the bulls fans???:confused:

Most likely in the Bulls forum :shrug: