PDA

View Full Version : Why so many blowouts/sweeps in this years playoffs?

fairandbalanced
05-24-2010, 05:31 PM
The most competitive series in this playoffs so far is Lakers/Thunder series in the first round. This years playoffs haven't been interesting at all. Are most teams looking forward to this off season free agents and not even trying to win now?

ko8e24
05-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Free agency is a part, and I think it's also the fact that young leaders and superstars are not able to lead their team to victories when they get very deep into the postseason.

I think the lack of maturity of players is hurting the league and hurting the chances of having competitive playoff series.

There is also the lack of competition in the East, with the inferior Bobcats and the overrated Hawks.

The NBA needs to pick the top 16 teams and make the playoffs from their accordingly.

GspLAL
05-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Too many miss matches. Orlando's first two rounds they had a huge advantage because their opponents didn't have bigs. Lakers and Jazz, we had a huge advantage because Boozer never plays well against taller players. Miami and Boston, Miami is a one man team so that was expected I think. Cleveland and Bulls was also expected. Suns and Spurs, I don't even know what happen to the Spurs there.

GspLAL
05-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Thunder and LA wasn't the only good series, the Dallas/Spurs series was pretty entertaining.

fairandbalanced
05-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Free agency is a part, and I think it's also the fact that young leaders and superstars are not able to lead their team to victories when they get very deep into the postseason.

I think the lack of maturity of players is hurting the league and hurting the chances of having competitive playoff series.

There is also the lack of competition in the East, with the inferior Bobcats and the overrated Hawks.

The NBA needs to pick the top 16 teams and make the playoffs from their accordingly.

Talking about lack of competition, the Lakers will have a harder time getting to the finals 3yrs in a row in the East. The West is just as horrible, if not more than the East.

Akshay
05-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Too many mis matches. I mean you have sub 500 teams in the East, though the Bulls made it a good series against the Cavs. But that wasn't the case for the Bobcats or usual 6-8 Eastern Conference teams. Plus, not many of the teams have a leader like Kobe or LeBron. So that is a cause for concern and the teams looking toward July 1st then what's the task at hand.

rockets-fan
05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Talking about lack of competition, the Lakers will have a harder time getting to the finals 3yrs in a row in the East. The West is just as horrible, if not more than the East.

:crazy: stop smokin....WEST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EAST

Raoul Duke
05-24-2010, 06:42 PM
A lot of the top teams in the west fell apart at the end of the season for various reasons, most of them injuries. Portland lost like half of their team, Utah was missing Memo and AK47, Robin Lopez got hurt right there at the end, Denver was missing their head coach and dealing with K-Mart's injury and then they lost Nene... it was pretty brutal.

The east just turned out to be weak in general. Only three teams had a chance of getting to the finals, and two of them basically quit.

Bishnoff
05-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Because underdogs aren't/can't be physical like in yesteryear, and home court doesn't seem to have as great of an advantage anymore.

JordansBulls
05-24-2010, 07:25 PM
The most competitive series in this playoffs so far is Lakers/Thunder series in the first round. This years playoffs haven't been interesting at all. Are most teams looking forward to this off season free agents and not even trying to win now?

Bad matchups in the 2nd round. The first round you only had the Orl vs Char that was a sweep.

Now had Dallas and Denver out west won their first round series then those series in round 2 go at least 6 games.

Kakaroach
05-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah the only way to explain is it bad match-ups.

Jazz big men couldn't hope to guard the Laker big men.

Nobody could guard Jason Richardson, Steve Nash, or Amare on San Antonio.

LeBron went back to having his teammates not help him at all and KG dominated Jamison.

The Hawks couldn't score on the Magic defense and Dwight was able to get their big men in foul trouble.

td0tsfinest
05-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah the only way to explain is it bad match-ups.

Jazz big men couldn't hope to guard the Laker big men.

Nobody could guard Jason Richardson, Steve Nash, or Amare on San Antonio.

LeBron went back to having his teammates not help him at all and KG dominated Jamison.

The Hawks couldn't score on the Magic defense and Dwight was able to get their big men in foul trouble.

I have to agree as well. Hopefully the Suns can still make it a series against the Lakers.

Jahari Kavi
05-24-2010, 07:46 PM
:crazy: stop smokin....WEST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EAST

not so sure about that...the west might be deeper, but the east is tougher at the top imo

Jahari Kavi
05-24-2010, 07:46 PM
lack of great teams....great players but not great teams.....

MacFitz92
05-24-2010, 10:59 PM

There have been a handfull of competitive series. Dallas and San Antonio, L.A and Oklahoma City, Milwaukee and Atlanta and so far Phoenix and L.A. looks to be headed that way. Last year, possibly the best playoffs in recent memory occured, including the incredible Chicago-Boston series. I don't think it was any less competitive than I expected, except for the Orlando-Boston series.

iFYouSeekAmy
05-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Because Warriors aren't in it.

still1ballin
05-25-2010, 12:06 AM
then don't watch

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:15 AM
then don't watch

Jenceman
05-25-2010, 12:30 AM
then don't watch