PDA

View Full Version : Richard Hamilton?

PistonsFan14
05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
What would you give for Richard Hamilton? He is 32 but one of the best conditioned athletes in the game and has said multiple times he expects to play into his late 30s without decline in his game.

With that said what would you offer to the Detroit Pistons, a team who is rebuilding?

I expect to get those cocky, stupid and unrealistic offers.. so whatever but you just make yourself look dumb so try to be serious.. I really think he could help a contending team.

ramansingh3
05-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Hedo Turkoglu + Filler

sep11ie
05-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Jermaine Taylor and Jared Jeffries or Shane Battier.

thescore53
05-24-2010, 03:07 PM
hedo turkoglu

abe_froman
05-24-2010, 03:07 PM
the picture will become clearer after the fa frenzy

JNA17
05-24-2010, 03:09 PM
sasha

PistonsFan14
05-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Keep in mind we either want to get younger or a filler with draft picks! hedo is good but doesnt help us.. especially with us having Prince.

JNA17
05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Keep in mind we either want to get younger or a filler with draft picks! hedo is good but doesnt help us.. especially with us having Prince.

Your the pistons gm? Then why did you sign ****ing kwame brown and pick darko miltic over melo, wade and bosh?

PistonsFan14
05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
haha if i was i can assure you that would not have happened my friend :) but seriously thats what most people say..reffering to their team.

thekmp211
05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
when does his contract expire? at the end of this year or next?

he definitely has value, i could see a team like the hornets or the jazz being interested. free agency will make a lot more sense out of it

RadiantShot
05-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Vince Carter.
Haha.

thekmp211
05-24-2010, 03:17 PM
sasha

sasha is worth two bags of red doritos. one bag of blue doritos. one small bag of milk chocolate flips.

smith&wesson
05-24-2010, 03:19 PM

how many years does richard have on his contract ? and how much does he get per year ?

id give you sonny weems. i dont know if you watched this kid but he is really good and really yonge. problem is the raps also have derozen.

but sonny doesnt even make a mill, so other players would have to be involved. care for a half court point gaurd with a great assist to turn over ratio ? jose calderon ?

he can back up stucky or vice versa, and sonny give you youth and a sg who can start on your team for the next 10 years ... i like sonny alot, i wish managment in toronto would let him start of over hedo. hedo is really messing things up over in toronto so i cant imagin you wanting him in the motor city.

PistonsFan14
05-24-2010, 03:19 PM
rips contract expires in 2013 i believe and he makes a little over 11 million a year... not too bad

smith&wesson
05-24-2010, 03:20 PM
i like rip alot, i think he is fundementally sound.

PistonsFan14
05-24-2010, 03:22 PM
how many years does richard have on his contract ? and how much does he get per year ?

id give you sonny weems. i dont know if you watched this kid but he is really good and really yonge. problem is the raps also have derozen.

but sonny doesnt even make a mill, so other players would have to be involved. care for a half court point gaurd with a great assist to turn over ratio ? jose calderon ?

he can back up stucky or vice versa, and sonny give you youth and a sg who can start on your team for the next 10 years ... i like sonny alot, i wish managment in toronto would let him start of over hedo. hedo is really messing things up over in toronto so i cant imagin you wanting him in the motor city.

I like it. We have an abundance of Small Forwards in Prince Daye Jerebko and Summers but we could use whatever as trade bait. And we would have 0 interest in Hedo... unless you guys would consider taking Charlie V hahaha

JNA17
05-24-2010, 03:23 PM
sasha is worth two bags of red doritos. one bag of blue doritos. one small bag of milk chocolate flips.

Paris Hilton says differently!

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/1948-2/sasha-vujacic-paris-hilton-full_getty-72271756mc014_vip_reception_10_47_05_pm.jpg

awwwwwwwwww snap!

PistonsFan14
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Sasha for rip? get real..... you could not even pull that off in the NBA 2K series hahaha

JNA17
05-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Sasha for rip? get real..... you could not even pull that off in the NBA 2K series hahaha

oh yeah? Well i turned on trade override and the pistons accepted so there! :cool:

eugene
05-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Hinrich for RIP

Raoul Duke
05-24-2010, 03:33 PM
His contract is for around 11 million a year through 2011 and 2012, but it's only partially guaranteed in 2013. Don't quote me on this, but I heard he's only guaranteed like 3 million that year.

thekmp211
05-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Paris Hilton says differently!

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/1948-2/sasha-vujacic-paris-hilton-full_getty-72271756mc014_vip_reception_10_47_05_pm.jpg

awwwwwwwwww snap!

paris hilton is worth one bag of red doritos and one small bag of pretzels without chocolate on them.

2013 is kinda a lot a team would have to trade other expensive veteran contracts to make it work out. most teams aren't looking to add older guys to the payroll right now. teams like the hornets and the jazz have a need a shooting guard and some big contracts to play with. we'll see.

97NYer
05-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Eddy Curry/Wilson Chandler/Toney Douglas for Rip + Stuckey

ChiSox219
05-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Hinrich for Gordon

thekmp211
05-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Eddy Curry/Wilson Chandler/Toney Douglas for Rip + Stuckey

why would the knicks make that trade????????

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2010, 03:50 PM
I think Boston should call up Detroit and see if they cant pry away Rip and Gordan for Allen's expiring contract and some draft picks. Gordon has a similar game as Eddie House, only much better, so he'd be a great guy coming of the bench to rest Rondo while Pierce is handling the ball. Like House, Gordon is a shooting guard in a point guard's body, and with Pierce's ball handling skills, would be the perfect compliment off the bench in Boston, while Rip would be a great replacement for Allen, younger, but still enough experience to help out on a contender and extend their window a couple of seasons.

Pistons over paid Gordan and still have a couple years left on Hamilton's contract, so I think freeing up cap space and getting some draft picks would help the Pistons out a lot and the move would help Boston as well.

Of course, I thought the Cavs should have offered up Big Z for Hamilton since I saw the Cavs weakest position at shooting guard, but..... didn't happen.

Chronz
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Hinrich for Gordon
NVM

I repeated what I wrote to myself and immediately took back my words. BG > RIP

Wade_County
05-24-2010, 03:56 PM
I think Boston should call up Detroit and see if they cant pry away Rip and Gordan for Allen's expiring contract and some draft picks. Gordon has a similar game as Eddie House, only much better, so he'd be a great guy coming of the bench to rest Rondo while Pierce is handling the ball. Like House, Gordon is a shooting guard in a point guard's body, and with Pierce's ball handling skills, would be the perfect compliment off the bench in Boston, while Rip would be a great replacement for Allen, younger, but still enough experience to help out on a contender and extend their window a couple of seasons.

Pistons over paid Gordan and still have a couple years left on Hamilton's contract, so I think freeing up cap space and getting some draft picks would help the Pistons out a lot and the move would help Boston as well.

Of course, I thought the Cavs should have offered up Big Z for Hamilton since I saw the Cavs weakest position at shooting guard, but..... didn't happen.

doesnt Allen expire this year, and he becomes a FA?

n83417
05-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Magic fans would give anyone other than Howard, and Cleveland would trade anyone outside of LeBron right about now. (assuming he re-signs)

Chronz
05-24-2010, 04:00 PM

PS Rips contract is hideous.

I like the idea of Bron+Rip but I dont like your Ray Ray swap. Are you sure Ray will decline faster than Rip? I know hes got like 3 years on him but after the year Rip just had, and considering the past 3 years it doesnt seem like it would be an upgrade any time soon. His range doesnt extend to the 3pt line like most long lasting SG's, he would have to recover to damn near his peak form to be a real upgrade imo.

VIP1349
05-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I'd give you JR Smith & Chris Andersen for Rip', would be sweet to have Billups/Hamilton back together.

Kakaroach
05-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Just like the Jazz, there are a lot of teams that could use him. It all depends on Detroit's asking price, and chances are they were pretty high which why he didn't get move any time in the past year.

fadedmario
05-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Hinrich for Rip. It helps both teams. Detroit get's a PG. Chicago get's a SG. I also think Rip could help the Hornets. If you put Hamilton in a good situation, he would absolutely help a team until the end of his contract.

ChiSox219
05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd give you JR Smith & Chris Andersen for Rip', would be sweet to have Billups/Hamilton back together.

I wouldn't do that if I was Denver, not even if DET included their pick.

Hinrich for Rip. It helps both teams. Detroit get's a PG. Chicago get's a SG. I also think Rip could help the Hornets. If you put Hamilton in a good situation, he would absolutely help a team until the end of his contract.

No thanks, Hinrich for Gordon would work for us.

unleashthebeast
05-24-2010, 05:17 PM
oneal(sign and trade), daequan cook and james jones for stuckey and rip

ManningToTyree
05-24-2010, 05:18 PM
he has already started to decline. don't expect much maybe a young bench guy and a 2nd round pick?

fadedmario
05-24-2010, 05:19 PM
oneal(sign and trade), daequan cook and james jones for stuckey and rip

Stuckey isn't going anywhere

unleashthebeast
05-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Stuckey isn't going anywhere

Than no deal!:)

ladyhawksfan
05-24-2010, 05:24 PM
marvin wilams and mike bibby

JWO35
05-24-2010, 05:29 PM

marvin wilams and mike bibby

Two best deals in this thread
(But in the hawks trade I'll throw in Prince too for the Hawks 1st)

AI4MVP
05-24-2010, 05:32 PM
barbosa

ladyhawksfan
05-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Two best deals in this thread
(But in the hawks trade I'll throw in Prince too for the Hawks 1st)

I would definantly take that deal but the hawks woud be taking back to much money.We probaby could sign and trade Chidrees for that to work.I would like to see this happen if we dont resign j.j.

joe j.09
05-24-2010, 05:45 PM
32 ill pass, id tak him 4 cheap, if not you can keep him

joe j.09
05-24-2010, 05:47 PM

rofl :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

itsripcity32
05-24-2010, 05:53 PM
the cavs shoulda went for rip instead of shaq or jamison

ryder78c
05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
i'd give joel pryzbilla and martell webster 2nd round pick for rip and jason maxiell

Pryzbilla
Charlie
Webster
gordon
stuckey

arkanian215
05-24-2010, 07:14 PM

You can't trade an expiring contract.
The only way this can happen if Allen goes through a S&T.

dodie53
05-24-2010, 07:36 PM
barbosa for hamilton

lakersdude
05-24-2010, 07:43 PM
how about Sasha+Luke Walton

RadiantShot
05-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Some of these trades, I must say, are hideous. The guy isn't a scrub.

2_Trill
05-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Rip for Tony Parker!!

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2010, 07:55 PM
I think Utah would be a perfect fit for him. Great PG, great offense, great coaching/play running team. Rip would get many easy looks. Utah should look into acquiring him.

2_Trill
05-24-2010, 08:09 PM
the spurs should make a move for Rip they need help scoring, and with the sudden merge of G.Hill they can due with-out Parker. I hate to see Rip leave the city he brought a ring to, but that was back in 04' and this is 2010' and having Parker on the squad I won't be to upset lol we need a pg why not Parker??

itsripcity32
05-24-2010, 08:22 PM
^^spurs need to blowup their roster. and they aint getting older in doing so

IversonIsKrazy
05-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Kirk Hinrich

Sinattle
05-24-2010, 09:29 PM
How about Rasheed Wallace :D

Kakaroach
05-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I think Utah would be a perfect fit for him. Great PG, great offense, great coaching/play running team. Rip would get many easy looks. Utah should look into acquiring him. Trust me, we have discussed it to death in the Jazz forum and thats another trade that we would LOVE to see happen this off-season. Rip is a Sloan type of player and would fit in amazingly with our offense. Problem is, what do we do with all of our wings? Already Matthews, CJ, and AK-47.

And I'm sure they won't trade Rip unless they lower their asking price, or else he would have been dealt by now.

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Trust me, we have discussed it to death in the Jazz forum and thats another trade that we would LOVE to see happen this off-season. Rip is a Sloan type of player and would fit in amazingly with our offense. Problem is, what do we do with all of our wings? Already Matthews, CJ, and AK-47.

And I'm sure they won't trade Rip unless they lower their asking price, or else he would have been dealt by now.

yea u even forgot Korver in that list. But AK has been in some trade rumors so they can probably get rid of him. But yea you're right about Detroit wanting alot for Rip. Maybe if Boozer re-signs, they can trade Millsap and AK for Rip and someone else...

itsripcity32
05-24-2010, 10:46 PM
yea u even forgot Korver in that list. But AK has been in some trade rumors so they can probably get rid of him. But yea you're right about Detroit wanting alot for Rip. Maybe if Boozer re-signs, they can trade Millsap and AK for Rip and someone else...

i would do ak47 and 9th pick rip and maxiel

0nekhmer
05-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Turkoglu/Calderon!
pistons need a playmaker with all of those scorers.

aZekuiS
05-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Trust me, we have discussed it to death in the Jazz forum and thats another trade that we would LOVE to see happen this off-season. Rip is a Sloan type of player and would fit in amazingly with our offense. Problem is, what do we do with all of our wings? Already Matthews, CJ, and AK-47.

The reason he wasn't dealt is because the team was never healthy last season and Dumars wanted to see how they'd look with a complete roster, but it never really happend. I believe I read near the end of the season that they'll look to trade Rip before next season. I agree though, he's a great fit for Utah. I think he'd work well on the Hornets, Celtics, & Spurs also.

PHX2daDEATH
05-24-2010, 11:42 PM
barbosa

i wanted to agree but i think it depends on whether Grant Hill retires because we could use another vet if he does.. hell I'd throw in Channing Frye also if it meant us getting Maxiel. but Channing is expiring.

Would say J-Rich but he's turned his game up this post-season and I hope he resigns for a few years here and we don't know if Rip is going to stay healthy because the last two years have been hell for him..

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:03 AM
^ Suns would be great w/ him at SG and J-Rich at SF.

PrettyBoyJ
05-25-2010, 01:34 AM
when does his contract expire? at the end of this year or next?

he definitely has value, i could see a team like the hornets or the jazz being interested. free agency will make a lot more sense out of it

he wud be a good fit in the Jazz.. mayb tht missing piece they desperately need

thekmp211
05-25-2010, 02:06 AM

okur and a pick would be pretty decent. jazz need a real center anyway, boozer or no boozer.

Chronz
05-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Teams are scared of his contract, the Pistons just want to move on

DengelBerry
05-25-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't see him going anywhere, but what ever team does have him has an athletic player who has the best endurance in the game.

PistonsFan14
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Rip, Dajuan Summers and 2nd rounder to the Jazz for Okur and Jazz 9th overall.

Jazz:
Williams
Rip
Korver?
Boozer
FA.. Shaq?

Pistons:
Stuckey
Gordon
Prince
(Trade up 7th and 9th overall )take Cousins
Okur

Pistons would prolly end up trying to send prince or kirilenko out then is possible.

All in all i think its agreed the pistons and jazz would be great trade partners. Pistons have what the Jazz need (rip) and the Jazz have a lot of what Pistons need. (Could be Boozer, Milsap, Picks.. ect..)