PDA

View Full Version : The NBA Playoffs is rigged

davids22
05-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Think about this for a second.The NBA has been dieing to have a Lebron/Kobe final for the past 2 years. Obviously the refs can't make the basket go in the hoop for the players, and Lebron's team took a **** in the playoffs against the old Celtics. The Magic have straight DOMINATED the competition in the early rounds and everyone expected them to march straight into the finals, even against the Cavs had the Cavs gotten to the Conference finals.

A Lebron/Kobe final would draw attention from your casual NBA fan. They might not know all the teams and players, but everyone knows who Kobe and Lebron are, including Shaq.

Think of it like this. I propose that since the NBA couldn't get the finals that they wanted, they just chose to have the bigger market teams make the finals, i.e. Boston vs. LA. Orlando is not a big market and doesn't have the fanbase the Celtics do.

Think back to 2001, Milwaukee vs Philly. Miwaukee was up 3-2 in the series but the A.I. led Philly team won 2 straight to make it a LA-Philly finals, an east coast west coast final.

It's plausible at least, and don't tell me that none of you have never thought about it.

NBAfan4life
05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
The NBA is rigged to have the two teams that are playing the best in May meet in June. Corrupt bastards

ZebraCity916
05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Think about this for a second.The NBA has been dieing to have a Lebron/Kobe final for the past 2 years. Obviously the refs can't make the basket go in the hoop for the players, and Lebron's team took a **** in the playoffs against the old Celtics. The Magic have straight DOMINATED the competition in the early rounds and everyone expected them to march straight into the finals, even against the Cavs had the Cavs gotten to the Conference finals.

A Lebron/Kobe final would draw attention from your casual NBA fan. They might not know all the teams and players, but everyone knows who Kobe and Lebron are, including Shaq.

Think of it like this. I propose that since the NBA couldn't get the finals that they wanted, they just chose to have the bigger market teams make the finals, i.e. Boston vs. LA. Orlando is not a big market and doesn't have the fanbase the Celtics do.

Think back to 2001, Milwaukee vs Philly. Miwaukee was up 3-2 in the series but the A.I. led Philly team won 2 straight to make it a LA-Philly finals, an east coast west coast final.

It's plausible at least, and don't tell me that none of you have never thought about it.

Every NBA Finals is East Vs. West.

ZebraCity916
05-24-2010, 01:16 PM
The NBA is rigged to have the two teams that are playing the best in May meet in June. Corrupt bastards

:laugh:

maddBat
05-24-2010, 01:16 PM

:clap:

sep11ie
05-24-2010, 01:17 PM

:facepalm:

unleashthebeast
05-24-2010, 01:17 PM
x2.

/thread

x3

DMasta718
05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
OP, ban yourself

JNA17
05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
OP, ban yourself

That option would be awesome to have. Just something to add in the User CP, the "ban youself" button :laugh:

jimbobjarree
05-24-2010, 01:25 PM
nice grammar genius

29$JerZ
05-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Epic

JoeSchroeduh
05-24-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm sure David Stern was behind the Spurs Dynasty, we all know that is a such a huge market.

With quite possibly the most BORING player in NBA history, haha.

I don't see how you could even make an argument that the BOS/ORL series is rigged, Boston is clearly the better team and has had the lead for all but like 3 minutes in the entire series.

RadiantShot
05-24-2010, 01:31 PM
So basically, there's always a way to twist words to your advantage? You have no clue what you just said, my friend. Make it more apparent, please.

thescore53
05-24-2010, 01:32 PM
in before the close

AntiG
05-24-2010, 01:33 PM

You just gave an argument that the NBA is NOT rigged.

tMoNEy24
05-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I think Stern has Messed with some things but no . Lol NO

NBAfan4life
05-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Honestly if the league was really rigged like the guy above just mentioned the spurs never make it to the finals let alone 4 times.

Kobe and Lebron would of squared off at least once by now. If they ever do it needs to happen next year or it wont matter because my guy Kobe wont be the match up everyone wants to see. Not that Kobe will be done by any means he just wont be in the debate for number 1 in the league. No shame in that he still will be a top tenif he not injured.

ManRam
05-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah...This isn't going down a nice path. Closed.