PDA

View Full Version : NBA Cares!

RapOZo
05-23-2010, 11:31 PM
do they really care?
is that a considerable caring help
go and play with kids for the cameras, read books, and help plant some trees and build some houses!

I live in new york, I don't see no caring help for none of the communities i've been playing basketball at, nothing on coney island, sunset park, ozone park, bedstuy, harlem, east new york, etc, etc, and that's nothing at all!

a few parks has some decent courts thanks to our own tax money, NOT the NBA
I mean, any basketball player, NBA Fan gonna spend a few hundreds every year either on jerseys, nba basket-Balls, Collectibles, Game tickets, or League pass. and what do we get back? besides entertainment?
If you are lucky and your city wins you get to see them for free in the celebration parade, That's it!

Does any of you has actually seen around your community at least some zhit provided by the NBA?

NBA Cares!
to me that statement is more overrated than Lebron James winning capabilities!
Jk!
your throne at the Garden is ready Your Majesty!

RaptorizedKevin
05-23-2010, 11:32 PM
not all of them do. they do it for them to look good like role models. just like women in beauty padgents where they talk a buncha bullshiet about " FOR THE CHILDREN" when answering questions.

clutchski
05-23-2010, 11:39 PM
It's like many charitable organizations. It's not like it does any harm.

wileyisTOFU
05-23-2010, 11:45 PM
nba cares about advertising nba cares a lil to much, other that couldn't be a bad thing

IAmKira
05-23-2010, 11:47 PM
When i was a 8th grader, Yao ming was suppose to come to my school and talk to my class because we were the best out of all school :D. i believe this was his 2nd or 3rd year and his book just came out. On the day he was suppose to come, this bum arse ditched that plan and went straight to the NBA store. Does this answer ur question?

magichatnumber9
05-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't want most of these scum bags near children.

_KB24_
05-23-2010, 11:54 PM
The NBA actually does the most for the community of all professional sports. I don;t even care if it's publicity, all I care is for the MILLIONS of kids who benefited over the time and get to have the smile on their face. The "Read to Achieve" program is just amazing if you ask me. You have to give credit even to the biggest dicks of them all, the Stephen Jackson, the Kenyon Martins, for putting their time in.

IAmKira
05-23-2010, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't want most of these scum bags near children.

Ya? I'm sure the state of massachusett will disagree with you. I mean like, the team u support the most is full of scum bags. *Cough* KG *Cough*
:whistle: :whistle:

RapOZo
05-24-2010, 12:05 AM
The NBA actually does the most for the community of all professional sports. I don;t even care if it's publicity, all I care is for the MILLIONS of kids who benefited over the time and get to have the smile on their face. The "Read to Achieve" program is just amazing if you ask me. You have to give credit even to the biggest dicks of them all, the Stephen Jackson, the Kenyon Martins, for putting their time in.
yup, but where are those kids??
not in my community!!
here the KNICKS Earns almost a billion a year, what do I get to see in new york?
have you actually seen one of these guys in a community near you?
no! right?

Korman12
05-24-2010, 12:17 AM
They have to "care," it's part of the job.

Caps1989
05-24-2010, 12:33 AM
do they really care?
go and play with kids for the cameras, read books, and help plant some trees and build some houses!

I live in new york, I don't see no caring help for none of the communities i've been playing basketball at, nothing on coney island, sunset park, ozone park, bedstuy, harlem, east new york, etc, etc, and that's nothing at all!

I mean, any basketball player, NBA Fan gonna spend a few hundreds every year either on jerseys, nba basket-Balls, Collectibles, Game tickets, or League pass. and what do we get back? besides entertainment?
If you are lucky and your city wins you get to see them for free in the celebration parade, That's it!

Does any of you has actually seen around your community at least some zhit provided by the NBA?

NBA Cares!
Jk!

I think they avoid fixing up courts in New York because they'd just get trashed in a weeks time. Dont you get it!?They cant keep going back to these ghetto backsetball courts every week for the sake of your pickup games! Geez

RapOZo
05-24-2010, 12:35 AM
I think they avoid fixing up courts in New York because they'd just get trashed in a weeks time. Dont you get it!?They cant keep going back to these ghetto backsetball courts every week for the sake of your pickup games! Geez

but same happened when I lived in Orlando and Jersey :confused:

_KB24_
05-24-2010, 12:43 AM
not in my community!!
here the KNICKS Earns almost a billion a year, what do I get to see in new york?
no! right?

Yes, I live in LA in fact. Back then when I use to live in Dominguez Hills, the NBA did its part their. I remember back in 03 or 04, I got to go and see this huge function they HAD just for the kids. They gave out so much stuff, and I personally met Shaq at the event, along with Kareem Rush and Devean George. I saw Kerry Kittles and heard J Kidd was in the house.

I've seen em' as high as even Chino Hills, the Lakers went up their to help build a playground for one of my little cousins school.

Ray_R
05-24-2010, 12:44 AM
do they really care?

NBA Cares!
Jk!

Maybe the NBA cares, but the Knicks don't.

IversonIsKrazy
05-24-2010, 01:50 AM
NBA does care. U HAVE to appreciate the time and effort they put in, that isn't included on their contracts. Think abt it, they do this during the season as well, I mean they got games, practices, working-out, on the road often, I'm pretty sure they'd MUCH RATHER go home and spend time with their families, but they spend their time doing the charity, because NBA CARES

:)

FOBolous
05-24-2010, 10:13 AM
not in my community!!
no! right?

are you seriously expecting the NBA to go to every single community in the United States and help them out? that's impossible for ANYONE or ANY ORGANIZATION to do. how bout you learn to help yourself out you bum? if you want a better basketball court to play on, be a community activist and raise money to help renovate the courts. better yet..write a letter to your mayor and demand him to renovate public parks. that's part of his job. take things into your own hands. stop expecting handouts. it's not the NBA's job to go to every single neighborhood and renovate their basketball courts for them.

the fact of the matter is, no matter what you say,
of all the professional sport organizations, NBA does the most charitable work. this is a FACT that cannot be disputed.

RapOZo
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
are you seriously expecting the NBA to go to every single community in the United States and help them out? that's impossible for ANYONE or ANY ORGANIZATION to do. how bout you learn to help yourself out you bum? if you want a better basketball court to play on, be a community activist and raise money to help renovate the courts. better yet..write a letter to your mayor and demand him to renovate public parks. that's part of his job. take things into your own hands. stop expecting handouts. it's not the NBA's job to go to every single neighborhood and renovate their basketball courts for them.

the fact of the matter is, no matter what you say,
of all the professional sport organizations, NBA does the most charitable work. this is a FACT that cannot be disputed.

could you please show me the sentence that gives you the impression of me expecting the NBA To go to EVERY SINGLE Community??
I was very clear, I went on most NEW YORK CITY areas playin ball and have never seen "NBA Caring" around NYC, as I said, Some parks are decent because of our tax money, that's the mayors job. I called the city already a few times regarding Brooklyns Mclaughlin Park's lightning issues.

and that's why I came up with the Thread, to see who has actually seen some caring in their community, and to share that I haven't in mine, or none I visited.
whoa!
And I just been called a Bum and got insulted?!
Internet is such a wonderful place to get away with things like this.
:clap:

gwrighter
05-25-2010, 12:44 AM
NBA CARES........about your money.

USMCLaker
05-30-2010, 05:17 AM
do they really care?

NBA Cares!
Jk!

I think a more important question is:

Do you care?

And

If so name some of your favorite charities or places to volunteer.

There are children in India that have seen terrible suffering, anybody know any good organizations in India to contribute to?

05-30-2010, 06:45 AM
NBA CARES........about your money.

:D:D:D so true... :D