PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose vs. Skip Bayless: Who's better?

sportsman22
05-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Article I found blasting Jalen Rose and his debating skills on ESPN compared to Skip Bayless. It also looks at Hanley Ramirez and his recent troubles. What do you guys think?

http://redbirdrants.com/2010/05/23/hanley-ramirez-and-others-may-be-stars-but-they-dont-know-everything/

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't know. Skip is pretty subjective at times, but he's usually right. I like Jalen overall, more.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-23-2010, 03:23 PM
I know one thing, skip is hilarious:laugh:

but I like jalen rose more, he knows more about the game

69centers
05-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Rose isn't the most eloquent of analysts, but I'd take his word over Skip's anyday. Skip talks all sports and basketball is probably his weakest of every sport he covers.

ko8e24
05-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Rose isn't the most eloquent of analysts, but I'd take his word over Skip's anyday. Skip talks all sports and basketball is probably his weakest of every sport he covers.

But he's the one guy on FirstTake/Sportscenter/BSPN that says it like it is about LeBron James. He's aint scared of what the big network guys might think.

Sox Appeal
05-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Jalen Rose. At least you can take what he says seriously. The majority of the things Skip says on First Take, are just to bring in ratings.

Sox Appeal
05-23-2010, 03:35 PM
But he's the one guy on FirstTake/Sportscenter/BSPN that says it like it is about LeBron James. He's aint scared of what the big network guys might think.

The high ups at the 'big network' absolutely love Skip. Besides Simmons, he's probably the most recognizable person at ESPN. Like I said below, he just says what he says about LeBron, to drive ratings. It amazes me that there are people out there, that actually take his opinion seriously.

smith&wesson
05-23-2010, 03:39 PM
ive always had love for jalen rose. my loyalty stays with him.

DeyAce
05-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Jalen Rose AKA Team Cancer said that the Cavs with Lebron are a better team than the Bulls with Lebron. Enuff said. Skip is da truth

LA_Raiders
05-23-2010, 03:46 PM
rose knows the game...

Korman12
05-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Jalen Rose played basketball, so I'll take his opinions on ... basketball.

thescore53
05-23-2010, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuReEL7cDc nuf said this guys is a psychic

jim51990
05-23-2010, 04:03 PM
i know skip is payed to say exactly what he says but i have to say 1st and 10 is my favorite thing to watch on espn along with pti

thescore53
05-23-2010, 04:09 PM
jalen rose is just like all the other eson anlyasts they all make up **** pisses the **** out of me

Evolution23
05-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Jalen Rose AKA Team Cancer said that the Cavs with Lebron are a better team than the Bulls with Lebron. Enuff said. Skip is da truth

Jalen Rose is better without a doubt.. btw most anylists are saying the same thing about Lebron not fiting in well with the Bulls, except the albino crackhead Chris Brousard. :rolleyes:

the nightman
05-23-2010, 04:34 PM

no, he is a moron. what he says about lebron just appeals to delusional kobe fans like you that dont want to fathom the fact that lebron is creeping up on and just might have overtaken kobe as the best player in the league.

C_Mund
05-23-2010, 04:36 PM
I seem to be in the minority on this issue, but I really don't care for most of the player-turned-broadcasters.
I respect their opinions, and they're often right. But I find that just because they laugh and smile doesn't mean that they have any charisma or talent. I watch tv to be entertained, and I don't think Rose, C-Webb, Payton, Reggie (ESPECIALLY REGGIE), and guys along those lines provide any entertainment value. Chuck does.
But that's just me....and I think Bill Walton is hilarious, albeit unintentionally. So what do I know?

the nightman
05-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I seem to be in the minority on this issue, but I really don't care for most of the player-turned-broadcasters.
I respect their opinions, and they're often right. But I find that just because they laugh and smile doesn't mean that they have any charisma or talent. I watch tv to be entertained, and I don't think Rose, C-Webb, Payton, Reggie (ESPECIALLY REGGIE), and guys along those lines provide any entertainment value. Chuck does.
But that's just me....and I think Bill Walton is hilarious, albeit unintentionally. So what do I know?
ditto. baseball especially. my favorite analysts/broadcasters are the ones like buster olney, tim kurkjian, peter gammons. most of the players turned analysts on baseball tonight are horrible. dont get me started on joe morgan.

saintdrew
05-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Everything Jalen Rose says sound extremely over-rehearsed and fake. Skip Bayless actually sounds like he means what he says, and doesn't have some ESPN Intern writing his opinions for him like Rose.

MSG34
05-23-2010, 04:55 PM

I agree 100%. Although I think Shaq would be pretty good.

BradyIsTheMan12
05-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't really care if Skip knows anything, he's number one in my book based on sheer comedy.

SluggeR
05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Worst Things About ESPN: Skip Bayless/Mike & Mike/the fact they have like 12 daily sports shows that cover the exact same topics...:facepalm: I don't even use facepalm.

TheKing23
05-23-2010, 07:20 PM

Lol.

"Say's it like it is with LeBron James"

If anyone was to take what Skip Bayless says about LeBron seriously then you'd have people thinking LeBron shouldn't even be a starter in the league.

The guy straight up hates him, and to be honest it's got him recognized so he's gonna keep it up. If he was gonna be realistic about LeBron and praise him like all the other analysts do, he'd just become that... Another analyst.

His hate for LeBron is his gimmick and he's gonna run with it.

m26555
05-23-2010, 07:23 PM
The high ups at the 'big network' absolutely love Skip. Besides Simmons, he's probably the most recognizable person at ESPN. Like I said below, he just says what he says about LeBron, to drive ratings. It amazes me that there are people out there, that actually take his opinion seriously.
No self-respecting journalist would spout stuff like that just for the sake of higher ratings.

flea
05-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Jalen Rose is an idiot. Even a troll like Bayless is better than he is.

xabial
05-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Jasen Rose Is very articulate when he speaks

ItsTheLastAce
05-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Worst Things About ESPN: Skip Bayless/Mike & Mike/the fact they have like 12 daily sports shows that cover the exact same topics...:facepalm: I don't even use facepalm.

you dont like mike and mike? i love their talk show

ElMarroAfamado
05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Jalen is cool
but I gotta go with Skip
people swear he is a bonafide hater but he is right so often that i give him credit
plus hes hilarious
hhaa

tdunk21
05-23-2010, 08:38 PM
both are idiots...lol

NBAfan4life
05-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Jalen Rose is better without a doubt.. btw most anylists are saying the same thing about Lebron not fiting in well with the Bulls, except the albino crackhead Chris Brousard. :rolleyes:

I want to know exactly how Lebron would not fit in with the bulls? Even though Kobe is my favorite Lebron is the best basketball player in the world he would fit in with ANY team.

I totally agree with you about Reggie. I dont mind the TNT crew when it is Charles Kenny and Cwebb. I cant miller he needs a front office job somewhere so I dont have to hear him.

That is why you pick the best one to watch and skip the others. I like around the horn

nbafan63
05-23-2010, 09:03 PM
JRose has low IQ. Talks like a half ******. Skip is the better analyst by far...

briansc88
05-23-2010, 09:29 PM
theres a reason why skip bayless consistantly keeps a job on espn becuase he knows what he's talking about and speaks what he feels,the minute they fire skip bayless and hand the show over to jaylen rose ill never watch another espn program in my life

CowboysKB24
05-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Skip for sure. He is usually right.

CowboysKB24
05-23-2010, 09:48 PM
theres a reason why skip bayless consistantly keeps a job on espn becuase he knows what he's talking about and speaks what he feels,the minute they fire skip bayless and hand the show over to jaylen rose ill never watch another espn program in my life

x2. I didn't like Skip at first, but once you watch his and realize he is usually right, you start to like it.

nbafan63
05-23-2010, 09:55 PM
he picked celtics over orlando...which to me was pretty obvious with the way celtics disassembled Cleveland.

he picks suns over lakers...which was pretty ********.

WickedBadMan
05-24-2010, 12:00 AM
He also picked Celtics over Cleveland before the series started, which is more than I can say for most.

ChiSox219
05-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Jalen Rose vs. Skip Bayless: Who's better?

Suicide is a better option than listening to either one.

ldc62
05-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Skip is better.... :)

SluggeR
05-24-2010, 02:02 AM
you dont like mike and mike? i love their talk show

Regardless of the topic, they always find away to make it about them. They try to be the sports shows version of Seinfield; especially in the beginning. Jalen Rose has improved dramatically. Can't stand bayless he is ESPN's pg-13 version of a shock-jock.

heathonater
05-24-2010, 02:10 AM
alot of the time i think bayless puts out opinions to drive the ratings up. some of the time he is right, but i think rose knows more about the nba than bayless. but, i enjoy listening to bayless in small doses because he does offer a different opinion from typical analysts, and i have grown to find his lebron rants to be amusing.

ldc62
05-24-2010, 02:47 AM
alot of the time i think bayless puts out opinions to drive the ratings up. some of the time he is right, but i think rose knows more about the nba than bayless. but, i enjoy listening to bayless in small doses because he does offer a different opinion from typical analysts, and i have grown to find his lebron rants to be amusing.

Rose is alright... but his predictions never come true (his Bosh and Lebron to Knicks prediction is currently still running). Bayless.. [look below]..enough said.

Lloyd Christmas
05-24-2010, 02:54 AM
Skip is all an act. He pretends to get angry about everything because its way more entertaining to watch then a guy like Jalen Rose say the same things with the same cliche sayings as every other ex-athelete turned analyst. Lets just say if Jalen got fired, nobody would notice.

ldc62
05-24-2010, 02:56 AM
Skip is all an act. He pretends to get angry about everything because its way more entertaining to watch then a guy like Jalen Rose say the same things with the same cliche sayings as every other ex-athelete turned analyst. Lets just say if Jalen got fired, nobody would notice.

And even if they do... they would be happy

FinsFoLife
05-24-2010, 03:14 AM
"Antawn Jamison basically needed Mapquest to find the hoop." - Jalen Rose FTW on Jamison's 0-12 debut with the Cavs.

WickedBadMan
05-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Regardless of the topic, they always find away to make it about them. They try to be the sports shows version of Seinfield; especially in the beginning. Jalen Rose has improved dramatically. Can't stand bayless he is ESPN's pg-13 version of a shock-jock.

I strongly agree with this. I used to like them and over time I began to notice exactly what you are saying. I want to add to what you are saying but it's just one of those things you have to see to understand.

_KB24_
05-24-2010, 05:00 AM
After watching 1st and 10 over the past couple of years, more and more people are agreeing with Skip on certain topics. I just watch him for sheer entertainment. He does have a couple of screws loose in his head.

Take a look : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYsRH6Jozi0

"WHHAAAT!??"

Jalen Rose is a dumb@ss as well. He is probally one of the worst, if not the worst NBA analysts out there.

flea
05-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Yeah, a troll. Even if you knew nothing about baseball you'd know what he said was ********, so he was just going for devil's advocate/troll position. Still though, he's a pretty poor baseball analyst. He talks about watching games all the time but it's like he doesn't learn anything. I'm not saying he needs to be sabre'd out, but some awareness of, you know, accurate statistics would be nice.

DMasta718
05-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Skip Bayless. I'm watching ESPN First take and they were arguing about Mike Brown being fired. Skip Bayless was 100% right.

I watched him for entertainment purposes but he does knows his stuff even if he comes off kinda crazy.

fadedmario
05-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Skip Bayless is a punk. Rose all the way. Fab Five baby