PDA

View Full Version : Time to blow this 'team' up!!!

missing23
05-23-2010, 10:36 AM
I am sick of Lee and Ram...they are single handedly killing this team!

Time to bench these guys and/or put them on waivers to see if there is any possible way to move them. I'd like to see Sorry put on waivers too since he is going decent now and maybe we can get lucky and unload him. Let Fat Z start and hopefully get a good one out of him and put him on the wire too.

Then bring up Tracy and let Colvin learn 1st.

Drastic and unrealistic, yes but this team needs to be blown up in a big way...I'm sick of the same old, same old...let's move on to the kids.

Jilly Bohnson
05-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Why'd you put team in quotes?

missing23
05-23-2010, 10:41 AM

Because I believe true teams have leaders and there is no true leader on this team now and there hasn't been one since DeRo.

Lee, Ram and Fat Z are guys you would look to for that but none has every stepped up in that way...Lee and Ram are emotionless stone faces...and Ram won't work with Rudy even if he is hitting his wife's weight.

Matchstckman
05-23-2010, 10:43 AM
But you do know this is still officially a team though, right? It's not like a metaphor or anything.

PunkShizzle
05-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Let's blow this "thread" up instead.

Jilly Bohnson
05-23-2010, 10:44 AM
How was Derosa any more of a team leader than Lee or Ramirez or Z?

1908_Cubs
05-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Because I believe true teams have leaders and there is no true leader on this team now and there hasn't been one since DeRo.

Lee, Ram and Fat Z are guys you would look to for that but none has every stepped up in that way...Lee and Ram are emotionless stone faces...and Ram won't work with Rudy even if he is hitting his wife's weight.

What would you call this congregation of players who all wear similar uniforms and are paid by a similar employer then? A "congregation-of-players-who-all-wear-similar-uniforms-and-are-paid-by-a-similar-employer"? Because that's just too ****ing long.

Jilly Bohnson

I imagine missing23 is one of those guys that goes to a diner and gets a turkey on rye and goes "You call this a 'sandwich'?!?"

missing23
But you do know this is still officially a team though, right? It's not like a metaphor or anything.

Yeah it is a team...but a dysfunctional one with no leader and an aging imbecile for a manager...hence my 'team'.;)

Yagyu+
05-23-2010, 10:46 AM

The Pittsburgh Pirates.

They are a baseball team.

missing23
05-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Ok, no intelligent responses so far to my thoughts of putting some high salary slugs on waivers in an attempt to change this team.

The Cubs need to make some moves or they are going to be very, very bad for very, very long.

Matchstckman
05-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah it is a team...but a dysfunctional one with no leader and an aging imbecile for a manager...hence my 'team'.;)

But you do know that people like Lou and Hendry and Crane Kenney and Tom Ricketts are, like, official leaders? Like their job is to lead the team/organization? And its not a metaphor either?

Matchstckman
05-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Ok, no intelligent responses so far to my thoughts of putting some high salary slugs on waivers in an attempt to change this team.

The Cubs need to make some moves or they are going to be very, very bad for very, very long.

Okay but you know these guys aren't really slugs right? Like, they are still totally human beings? Slugs are different animals.

Jilly Bohnson
05-23-2010, 10:51 AM

If you don't bring up intelligent points why should we give you intelligent responses?

Jilly Bohnson
05-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Okay but you know these guys aren't really slugs right? Like, they are still totally human beings? Slugs are different animals.

'Slugs'

???

Yagyu+
05-23-2010, 10:52 AM

Do you work for The Score? They mentioned putting Zambrano on waivers a few times toward the end of last week.

1908_Cubs
05-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Do you work for The Score? They mentioned putting Zambrano on waivers a few times toward the end of last week.

It is all coming full circle now.

missing23
05-23-2010, 10:54 AM
But you do know that people like Lou and Hendry and Crane Kenney and Tom Ricketts are, like, official leaders? Like their job is to lead the team/organization? And its not a metaphor either?

Wow, ever heard of clubhouse leaders? Guys that actually play?

Byrd may be one in time...hopefully even Castro.

missing23
05-23-2010, 10:55 AM

No, I don't...but why not put these guys on waivers? What is there possibly to lose? And maybe a chance to work some kind of deal to get out from under horrible Hendry contracts.

Ron!n
05-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Wow, ever heard of clubhouse leaders? Guys that actually play?

Byrd may be one in time...hopefully even Castro.
Nah Castro doesnt have enough 'spunk'.

man man
05-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Panic Thread 4.7.

Matchstckman
05-23-2010, 11:29 AM
No, I don't...but why not put these guys on waivers? What is there possibly to lose? And maybe a chance to work some kind of deal to get out from under horrible Hendry contracts.

I'm not sure I follow you. Could you go into greater detail.

Mell413
05-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I was hoping the Derosa stuff would have died down after his sub par year last year and his poor start this year

CubbieSteve
05-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Cool thread

zambo4president
05-23-2010, 11:46 AM
You said then Bring up Tracy as if you thought he was one of our younger prospects:laugh2:

PunkShizzle
05-23-2010, 11:48 AM
You said then Bring up Tracy as if you thought he was one of our younger prospects:laugh2:

Let's bring up that Chad Fox kid too. He's never gotten a fair shot with this club.

I mean "club".

BDawk4Prez
05-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Even in my drunkest, most desperate state yesterday/last night would this have been even remotely funny.

cowboydoc45
05-23-2010, 01:21 PM

Thats because, 1. The thread isn't intelligent, so there is no need for intelligent response, 2. It has been discussed before in the "rebuilding" thread. Are Lee and Ramierez slumping, yes. Is it hurting our offense, maybe, but more because Lou insists on batting them 3 and 4... lower them in the order and put some guys higher who are producing (Soto, Soriano, Byrd).

This team doesn't need to blow up, Colvin doesn't need to learn to play 1b (if we did anything crazy like that, Nady would be our 1b, or possibly Soriano).

CubsRule08
05-23-2010, 01:26 PM
/thread

Diehardcub
05-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Thats because, 1. The thread isn't intelligent, so there is no need for intelligent response, 2. It has been discussed before in the "rebuilding" thread. Are Lee and Ramierez slumping, yes. Is it hurting our offense, maybe, but more because Lou insists on batting them 3 and 4... lower them in the order and put some guys higher who are producing (Soto, Soriano, Byrd).

This team doesn't need to blow up, Colvin doesn't need to learn to play 1b (if we did anything crazy like that, Nady would be our 1b, or possibly Soriano).

Its funny how some people say move Colvin to first. I guess since he's left-handed that means he could be a first baseman. Can't really figure that logic out.

Diehardcub
05-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Do you work for The Score? They mentioned putting Zambrano on waivers a few times toward the end of last week.:laugh2:

Yagyu+
05-23-2010, 03:30 PM

Then you must be Phil Rogers. I read your article when you brought this up last year.

Derrek Lee still has solid value for us defensively, and his swing is nice. His K% isn't up beyond career numbers, neither is his GB%. His BB% is average and his LD% is up, which is good, but his BABIP is .248 -- denotes some bad luck; his numbers will climb. Lee should be involved in a deadline deal, unless Cubs sign him to an extension, which I'd rather they not.

I'd write more, but the Hawk's game has started.

No thank you, though.

Dmac
05-23-2010, 09:16 PM

How do you know they didn't? Alot of players get put thru waivers, and all players with bad contracts are put on waivers, you just don't hear about it. Nobody is going to bite on Sorianos or Zambranos contract. If they are interested in them, they are going to want the Cubs to pay a good portion of their salary. They aren't going to take a chance and claim them and have the situation that happened to the White Sox last year where they claimed Alex Rios to try and block a team from getting him, only to get stuck with his entire contract.

LaToyaHawkins
05-23-2010, 10:30 PM

Why don't you actually pose a legitimate rebuttal to OP's suggestion instead of a passive-aggressive sarcastic single sentence? I agree 100% that we need to blow this team up immediately. We don't have a 3-hole or a 4-hole hitter. Teams with out legitimate middle-of-the-order hitters don't go anywhere. We have good hitters but we don't have any consistently great hitters. And in the end, that will haunt us (that and our bullpen obviously). We'll hover around .500 all year in a weak division....

The decline of Aramis has been rapid, stunning, and devastating. We're in BIG trouble with him hitting .194.