PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Lewis: Most Difficult Contract?

sixerfixer
05-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Some people here say that the 76ers E.Brand has the most unmoveable contract in the league. Even more so then Arenas deal..( Which is BS )
But to me, R.Lewis has easily the WORST NBA deal of everyone. The dude is a one-trick pony who HAS to have Dwight Howard taking away defenders down low so that he gets uncontested jump shot after jump shot...and STILL the dude can't hit the ocean with the ball if he shot it out of a BOAT!!

I mean his contract is ridiculous. And to compare Brand's as being anywhere near as bad as Lewis and his Cancer of a contract is ridiculous! What say you all ?

Illa215
05-22-2010, 10:17 PM
As a fellow 76ers fan, who the hell cares? Fact is, Elton Brand blows. He is robbing the Sixers of their money. Please stop trying to tell everyone otherwise.

*Superman*
05-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I would trade Shard for Brand.

iggypop123
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
otis smith will find out soon enough

sixerfixer
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
How can he be robbing them when THEY offered him the money ? Think before you mke silly statements Forrest Gump!! Brand has never even been given the opportunity to show what he has done in the past. Yes his first year wasbecause of a shoulder Injury. But this season, when he was completely healthy, Brand was hindered by a stupid Coach who was BORN to be selling me my favorite Chicken at Churches, rather than have ANY sort of job in the NBA. As a 76er fan,,,you SHOULD know this. You also shoul know that Lewis has the easiest job in the world. He gets nothing but wide-open shots, and for the most part, he " TANKS " them. And he is going to make more money next year alone then Dwight will see in any one season for the next three years.

And you say that Brand's deal is worse ?....Okay dude...WHATEVER!!!

jackdawson
05-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Areans contract is better than both lewis and brand. That gun incident made arenas contract look this bad. The guy is still young and can produce like ~25ppg and ~8apg.

JordansBulls
05-22-2010, 10:37 PM
As a fellow 76ers fan, who the hell cares? Fact is, Elton Brand blows. He is robbing the Sixers of their money. Please stop trying to tell everyone otherwise.

:speechless:

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Sixerfixer, you may want to learn about punctuation.

icon1914
05-22-2010, 10:47 PM
For better or for worse at least Orlando has become a better team with Lewis... Washington, for a time, was better with Arenas.... But the 76ers have been terrible since Brand suited up.... Brand has done nothing but collect fat checks.

I'm not saying Lewis deserves the money he is getting, but he was part of a team, an important part, that made it to the Finals last year and the Conference Finals this year... That has to say something.

Bottom line, I'd rather be diagnosed with Lewis cancer than Brand Cancer... I think I can live with Lewis, but Brand is a death sentence for sure.

yojoe792
05-22-2010, 10:54 PM
I kinda don't like this "cancerous" word.

Wiz kids
05-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Areans contract is better than both lewis and brand. That gun incident made arenas contract look this bad. The guy is still young and can produce like ~25ppg and ~8apg.

He's never been close to 8 assists per game, averages good ppg's but field goal % is putrid

Run&Gun
05-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Shard's contract is bad but yeah Orlando was stupid to offer him max money when he didn't even deserve it back then, I mean he only averaged 22 and 6.6 rebounds and nothing else that was significant. So Orlando is stupid for offering him that when no body else really wanted him back then. Brand's pretty bad too, but in some sense he offers more than Shard, plus Brand does have stretches where he plays good could be a sign he's misused in the Sixers and the Princeton offense certainly wasn't helping anyone. Gilbert can still play but doesn't change the fact that he's an idiot and he's doesn't make anyone around him better and you never know when he's going to get arrested and probably one more incident and he's out of the league.

Slimsim
05-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Why is there always a thread about a certain individual after a couple of bad games? Know one complained about Lewis last year and during the first 2 rounds in this year playoffs so STFU. Boston was just the better team.

RaptorizedKevin
05-22-2010, 11:03 PM
ottis smith spent too much cash on this guy. and wouldnt resign turkoglu.. i wish he did..

Hawkeye15
05-22-2010, 11:03 PM
um, yes. I have been saying his deal was the worst deal in the NBA for a while

RaptorizedKevin
05-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Why is there always a thread about a certain individual after a couple of bad games? Know one complained about Lewis last year and during the first 2 rounds in this year playoffs so STFU. Boston was just the better team.

lewis is past his prime and his contract is way too big for his value. btw boondocks ftw (Y)

Slimsim
05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
lewis is past his prime and his contract is way too big for his value. btw boondocks ftw (Y)

You watch the Boondocks to ?

Huge Uncle Ruckus fan and I'm Black go figure.

RaptorizedKevin
05-22-2010, 11:16 PM

course. im not fully black though. barely. im alot of sstuff

hugepatsfan
05-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Rashard is way overpaid but he is still a good player.

RaptorizedKevin
05-22-2010, 11:43 PM
reshard made some huge clutch shots last year, but he isnt worth the contract. the magic look like theyre gonna get swept.

njnets825
05-23-2010, 02:57 AM
he's not being used right. he killed in the playoffs last year and carried them in some games. he never gets plays called for him. his job is just to sit out there and never gets in rhythm.

Hugbees
05-23-2010, 03:20 AM
How can he be robbing them when THEY offered him the money ? Think before you mke silly statements Forrest Gump!! Brand has never even been given the opportunity to show what he has done in the past. Yes his first year wasbecause of a shoulder Injury. But this season, when he was completely healthy, Brand was hindered by a stupid Coach who was BORN to be selling me my favorite Chicken at Churches, rather than have ANY sort of job in the NBA. As a 76er fan,,,you SHOULD know this. You also shoul know that Lewis has the easiest job in the world. He gets nothing but wide-open shots, and for the most part, he " TANKS " them. And he is going to make more money next year alone then Dwight will see in any one season for the next three years.

And you say that Brand's deal is worse ?....Okay dude...WHATEVER!!!

Wtf?

JiffyMix88
05-23-2010, 03:24 AM
lewis is playing out of position he still a beast just doesnt match his contract though

Raph12
05-23-2010, 03:33 AM
VC+Shard for Iggy+Brand... Good for both sides, VC is an expiring after next season, Shard will be of more use to them than Brand.

New Sixers:
PG - Lou Will
SG - Turner
SF - Thad
PF - Shard
C - Dalembert

Then trade Gortat+Bass for Boozer and Nelson for Hinrich, try to get Avery/Hubie/Larry Brown and then fire Stan.

New Magic:
PG - Hinrich
SG - Iggy
SF - Barnes
PF - Boozer
C - Dwight
6th - Brand
Coach - Avery/Hubie/Larry

That looks much better to me...

Jenceman
05-23-2010, 04:37 AM

The **** ya'll lookin at?!

francium34
05-23-2010, 05:03 AM
lewis is playing out of position he still a beast just doesnt match his contract though
Agreed. When the Magic are in rhythm, like last year, Lewis played a huge role. He spreads the floor and create mismatches. It was kind of stupid, even at the time, to pay him that kind of money (the Rockets tried to sign him to a mid-level exception, if I remember correctly)
But there are definitely worse contracts.
Lewis is having an redoubtably horrible series, but Garnet isn't that hot either.

JiffyMix88
05-23-2010, 05:18 AM
Agreed. When the Magic are in rhythm, like last year, Lewis played a huge role. He spreads the floor and create mismatches. It was kind of stupid, even at the time, to pay him that kind of money (the Rockets tried to sign him to a mid-level exception, if I remember correctly)
But there are definitely worse contracts.
Lewis is having an redoubtably horrible series, but Garnet isn't that hot either.

what it was is the sonic wanted to keep him but they couldnt so they had to get something in return so they did a sign and trade so thats one reason his contract is so much that and the magic overvalued him

PHX2daDEATH
05-23-2010, 05:25 AM
What a difference a year makes.. Last year everybody was praising Lewis and saying maybe his Contract was worth.. now everybody is nailing him to the Cross

kblo247
05-23-2010, 08:13 AM
I'll be the one to say it:

Damn he sucks without his roids, I mean "supplements"

unleashthebeast
05-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Anderson Varejo has gotta be pretty close

kblo247
05-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Anderson Varejo has gotta be pretty close

He didn't get the kind of money Kobe, T-Mac, AI, JO, Kidd, Duncan, Shaq, KG, and those guys got though