Official 2010 NBA Free Agents:
-LeBron
-Wade
-Bosh
-Joe Johnson
-Amare
-Carlos Boozer
-Dirk Nowitzki

And we've heard rumors that Yao might opt out too. This must be great news for a team like the Knicks, even if they missed on LeBron, they could still make up with it for two other superstars.

SouljahPhil...
05-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow!!!!!

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow. Haha. I guess he's tired of staying on a team that's not getting anywhere in the Playoffs. *Not a knock on Maverick fans*

North Yorker
05-22-2010, 03:10 PM
was just gonna post this.

I wonder where he would go? Lots of teams are looking for PFs, and there are 4 legit ones available in Bosh,Amare,Boozer, and now Dirk.

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Any ideas on takers?

Becks2307
05-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Lebron and Dirk...hmm

leftie5
05-22-2010, 03:16 PM
He may have opted out, but I don't see him leaving. Cuban will not let him go. However, crazier stuff has happened. It would kind of be cool to see if the Suns could sign him if Amar'e leaves so Nash and Dirk could finish their careers together.

This certainly helps Dirk out though by securing a long-term deal and driving up his price.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:17 PM
He will be a Maverick so don't bother speculating.

29$JerZ
05-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Would be great in NY but I don't see Cuban letting him go for nothing.
Also if Dirk couldn't win in Dallas he certainly won't be winning in any of the eastern teams who have cap space unless Miami/NY/NJ get some serious talent to pair with him.

IversonIsKrazy
05-22-2010, 03:19 PM
I just dont see Dirk's GM NOT being Cuban. Impossible. He is going to be a MAv legend, mav for life. I just can't see him leaving.

Stunner
05-22-2010, 03:20 PM
:dance: 2010 looks huge some many options

FlakeyFool
05-22-2010, 03:22 PM
wow

Storch
05-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I want to see Amare Lebron and Wade all in the same team. That has to be the the most athletic 3 some ever.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I just dont see Dirk's GM NOT being Cuban. Impossible. He is going to be a MAv legend, mav for life. I just can't see him leaving.

The Mavs GM is Donnie Nelson. Cuban is the owner.

AI4MVP
05-22-2010, 03:24 PM

thanks for the inside info

gmm902
05-22-2010, 03:25 PM
i say either he stays in dallas if he doesn't see players go to the teams he wants

SouljahPhil...
05-22-2010, 03:25 PM
A way to get more money from cuban..

Stunner
05-22-2010, 03:26 PM
I would think even Dirk gets tired of losing. Maybe he might move?

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:27 PM
He can get a 4 year 100 million dollar deal from the Mavs if he opts out. Hes set to make 21.5 million this year. So this is not a surprise so once again you guys can't stop speculating. Dirk and Cuban will reach an agreement soon.

the nightman
05-22-2010, 03:27 PM
looks like the bulls are just going to be able to handpick who they want on their team :dance: these free agents arent dumb, they can see that the bulls are clearly the best option for winning.

hmm, now who to choose...? lebron and bosh would be good, but i would fancy lebron and dirk on the bulls too.

i guess ill just be surprised. have fun fans of other teams, because the bulls are going to be dominating the league for years to come.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:28 PM
:facepalm:

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:28 PM
looks like the bulls are just going to be able to handpick who they want on their team :dance: these free agents arent dumb, they can see that the bulls are clearly the best option for winning.

hmm, now who to choose...? lebron and bosh would be good, but i would fancy lebron and dirk on the bulls too.

i guess ill just be surprised. have fun fans of other teams, because the bulls are going to be dominating the league for years to come.

delete post, ban user.

still1ballin
05-22-2010, 03:30 PM

If he would stay as a Maverick, he would of not opt out. How are you so sure he is staying? Do you know him personally?

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:32 PM
4 years 100 million dollar deal. Its a max deal for him. I would opt out too if it meant getting an extra 3.5 million next year. Your little jokes are ****ing stupid btw. Its just common sense guys. Quit looking too far into things.

SouljahPhil...
05-22-2010, 03:35 PM
just a thought though..why opt out? why just add more years to your contract..Just what pau and kobe did..

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:36 PM
He opts out to get an extra 3.5 million next year. Its seriously that simple.

jimbobjarree
05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
holy ****

smart man

Montana_Rob
05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
start the Dirk to LA S&T rumors!!!

td0tsfinest
05-22-2010, 03:41 PM
I'd be surprised if Yao opts out. He's not going to get that money. The only reason I could think of him opting out is he doesn't like it in Houston anymore.

I initially thought this off-season was going to be a flop but some noise can definitely be made this summer.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:45 PM
start the Dirk to LA S&T rumors!!!

It will be a cold day in hell when Cuban agrees to that bull ****. I am not worried one bit. Cuban will do anything to keep Dirk a Mav.

smith&wesson
05-22-2010, 03:46 PM
i wonder how long before all the lakers fans start thinking dirk is theres for bynam. lol

or bulls fans think he is theres for deng.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Cuban and all mavericks fans especially mavrix are now in panic mode!:ohno:

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:47 PM
^ Not in the slightest.

NYtilIdie
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Wade and Dirk in MIA?
Lebron and Dirk in NY?
Rose and Dirk in Chi?

Possiblities are endless

tangent12
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
"Come on LeBron put your Mavericks jers... *SCRATCH* Chick e Chi .. clank :down:

Like someone already mentioned, Chicago can just hand pick their lineup for the 2010-11 season. It looks like the best option and situation for any available free agent this summer.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:49 PM
i wonder how long before all the lakers fans start thinking dirk is theres for bynam. lol

It's already begun. :facepalm: Man lakers fans are ridiculous. Its awesome.

NYtilIdie
05-22-2010, 03:52 PM
"Come on LeBron put your Mavericks jers... *SCRATCH* Chick e Chi .. clank :down:

Like someone already mentioned, Chicago can just hand pick their lineup for the 2010-11 season. It looks like the best option and situation for any available free agent this summer.

Same with NY.

ko8e24
05-22-2010, 03:53 PM
This was posted 10 minutes ago on ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5210625

Wow.

Official 2010 NBA Free Agents:
-LeBron
-Wade
-Bosh
-Joe Johnson
-Amare
-Carlos Boozer
-Dirk Nowitzki

And we've heard rumors that Yao might opt out too. This must be great news for a team like the Knicks, even if they missed on LeBron, they could still make up with it for two other superstars.

Amare is still in the playoffs, he has an early termination option, he has not exercised his contract yet. He has not given an indication of whether he'll opt out because he's waiting for a big contract max extension by Kerr.

So for now, these are the guys that are automatically going to be unrestricted free agents or guys that have already said they are opting out for sure. I'm just listing the big names and popular names.

Unrestricted Free Agents

1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Chris Bosh
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Joe Johnson
6. Ray Allen
7. Carlos Boozer
8. Raymond Felton
9. Shaquille O'Neal
10. Brendan Haywood
11. Jermaine O'Neal
12. Udonis Haslem
13. Al Harrington
14. Tracy McGrady
15. Allen Iverson
16. Louis Amundson
17. Kyle Korver
18. Mike Miller
19. Steve Blake
20. Travis Outlaw

Guys you may be able to add on to the list if they decide to opt out before July 1st.

1. Paul Pierce (ETO)
2. Tyson Chandler (ETO)
3. Kenyon Martin (ETO)
4. Vladimir Radmanovic (ETO)
5. Yao Ming (ETO)
6. Michael Redd (ETO)
7. John Salmons (ETO)
8. Peja Stojakovic (ETO)
9. Amare Stoudemire (ETO)
10. Richard Jefferson (ETO)

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Last time I am saying this. Dirk is not going anywhere. He is opting out to get more money from the mavs. He is set to make 21.5 million dollars. If he opts out and get his max deal which is 4 years and a 100 million bucks he can make 25 million dollars next year. If you were him would you want to make 3.5 million more next season? I know I sure as hell would want to.

Jays Claw
In my opinion, Dirk Nowitzki will be playing for the Mavericks next season.

tangent12
Same with NY.

Only they don't have the team and their franchise has been a mess for the past decade. The city is attractive but you'd think it twice before signing with the team.

the nightman
05-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Same with NY.

right, since they have SOOOO much talent there. all you have is gallinari (which contrary to the beliefs of knicks fans, ISN'T the second coming of christ).

bulls are in a much, much better situation than the knickercockers. we have better pieces around us and almost as much cap room. worst comes worst, we can trade deng or hinrich for lesser value while eating up some of their contracts, and then we would have enough for two max free agents and would still have great pieces.

jackdawson
05-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Cuban has a man crush on Dirk. No way he lets Dirk walk. I just can't picture a divorce between them atm.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Finally some sensible people in this thread. Dirk will be a Dallas Maverick next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, and so on and so on.

AlexTmz2
05-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Finally some sensible people in this thread. Dirk will be a Dallas Maverick next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, and so on and so on.

We get the point...

NYtilIdie
05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
See the difference between us is we don't have to worry about a damn S&T, we can just through max money at Dirk and Lebron and sign both of them. So our starting 5 would be

Barron,Dirk,Lebron,Gallo/Chandler, and Douglass

You constantly ignore the fact we have a huge trading chip in Curry and you guys always bring up S&T options for Deng/Hinrich, but who the hell would agree to take on those two horrible contracts? Cuban is even smart enough to know not to take that horrible offer. He's better off rebuilding

I don't care what we did last decade, this is a new decade and new management with a **** load of cap space.

blacknell
05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Wow. Haha. I guess he's tired of staying on a team that's not getting anywhere in the Playoffs. *Not a knock on Maverick fans*

he could be in orlando going nowhere as well and be playing witht he most overrated player in the nba

AlexTmz2
05-22-2010, 04:08 PM
I really can't see Dirk in a different uniform other than the Mavs. But its going to be a crazy summer.

97NYer
He would be great in NY...

Douglas
LeBron
Gallo
Tyrus
Dirk

97NYer
^But i don't think he's leaving at all

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Alex, you get the point but these other guys obviously don't. They just jump to conclusions.

AlexTmz2
05-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Alex, you get the point but these other guys obviously don't. They just jump to conclusions.

Yeah, its difficult to see him leave the Mavs this year. But hey, anything could happen. Who knows whats going through Dirks mind right now.

knickerbockerny
05-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Only they don't have the team and their franchise has been a mess for the past decade. The city is attractive but you'd think it twice before signing with the team.

Here we go with the BS. Though the Bulls made the playoffs a couple of times they were not that good during the past decade.

You can't even call the current Knicks roster a team. There are only four people under contract.

Looks like Bosh is not thinking too hard, let only twice while considering NY.

The Bulls can not sign to max free agents flat out, they need a sign and trade partner. Who in their right mind are taking on Deng or Hinrich contract let only both to replace their lost superstar. For all of that the teams might as well save their money and rebuild. Or save their money and make a run at free agents who are better than Deng and Hinrich.

Now in regards to the article, I believe Dirk is going to stay in Dallas, he is just using this as a ploy to get more money than what Dallas is offering behind closed doors.

But then again there is no loyalty in sports, and he could just take Garnett's words of wisdom.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Last time I am saying this. Dirk is not going anywhere. He is opting out to get more money from the mavs. He is set to make 21.5 million dollars. If he opts out and get his max deal which is 4 years and a 100 million bucks he can make 25 million dollars next year. If you were him would you want to make 3.5 million more next season? I know I sure as hell would want to.

you are not a dirk

And how in the hell are you 100% sure that dirk will stay with the mavs

I'd say that the chances are 50-50

AlexTmz2
05-22-2010, 04:16 PM
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Even if his intention is to stay with the Mavericks as opposed to testing the market, Nowitzki has at least two contractual incentives to opt out and sign a new deal, as opposed to extending his current contract on top of his successful history with Cuban and the team's intention to flank him with a major sign-and-trade acquisition.

Opting out to sign a new deal, for starters, would lock in terms based on the NBA's current collective bargaining agreement through the life of the next contract. Under the league's current system, Nowitzki is eligible for a four-year maximum contract from Dallas worth $96.2 million once he opts out. The most he could receive from another team is a four-year deal worth $93.1 million.

Signing a three-year extension to the last remaining season on his current contract, by contrast, would expose Nowitzki to potential after-the-fact reductions to his annual wage if league owners are successful in their attempts to lower the value of maximum salaries in the next collective bargaining agreement.

Players with max-salary extensions that start in 2011, such as those signed earlier this season by Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol of the Los Angeles Lakers, might be facing unforeseen rollbacks depending on how drastically salaries are reduced in a new CBA.

Dirk Nowitzki would join what is expected to be the best free-agent class in NBA history.
Another motivation for Nowitzki to opt out as opposed to signing an extension is the ability to secure a no-trade clause in a new contract.

Only players with at least eight years of NBA service time and four seasons with the same team are eligible to have a no-trade clause in their contracts, but such clauses can only be added to new deals. NBA rules prevent major changes, such as adding a no-trade clause, to an existing contract or an extension to a contract, which is largely why Bryant possesses the league's only active no-trade clause.

Bryant secured a no-trade provision when he became an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2004 and received a new seven-year, $136 million deal from the Lakers. Yet most star players such as Nowitzki and Boston's Paul Pierce -- who will also have to decide by the end of June whether to opt out if he doesn't negotiate an extension -- sign extensions before they ever get to unrestricted free agency, denying them the opportunity to score a no-trade clause.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5210625

Hawkeye15
05-22-2010, 04:16 PM
I would bet there is a 90% chance he resigns with the Mavs.

Iodine
05-22-2010, 04:23 PM
I would bet there is a 90% chance he resigns with the Mavs.

only 90?

I would be really surprised if he doesnt stay with the mavs unless he is on his last legs and still doesnt have a ring, so he has about 3 more years till I even consider that happening

1-800-STFU
05-22-2010, 04:28 PM
He'll sign with the Bulls because I ****ing say so.

Why would be want to stay in Dallas in the land of oversized hats and cheap Mexican labor.

JDMVP
05-22-2010, 04:29 PM
gonna LMAO if he sign with the spurs but soembody tells me hes gonna sign with NY or PHX

Jays Claw
05-22-2010, 04:34 PM
It would be cool to see Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash team up in Phoenix.

However, it won't happen because Mark Cuban will go all out to keep his star player.

Lakers4ItAll
05-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Dirk would be a great fit with the Bulls

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 04:35 PM
asmarks, be quiet. You're very defensive. This is just a discussion thread. He DID opt out of his contract. I don't know why you're getting so hostile. Calm. Down.

1-800-STFU
05-22-2010, 04:36 PM
asmarks, be quiet. You're very defensive. This is just a discussion thread. He DID opt out of his contract. I don't know why you're getting so hostile. Calm. Down.

The internet: Serious Business

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 04:38 PM
he could be in orlando going nowhere as well and be playing witht he most overrated player in the nba

The most overrated player in the NBA? Try a top 5-10 player in the NBA. You need to learn your facts. Nobody even overrates Dwight Howard, they talk about him, and they give him bull. And Orlando IS going somewhere. Back to back Conference Finals. That's going somewhere. Call me when you guys can get back to the Finals, and not lose 4-2 after being up 2-0. ;)

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 04:39 PM
The internet: Serious Business

Pretty much, to some people I guess. Haha at your signature. Gave me a laugh.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
05-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Dirk wants to win.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 04:49 PM
I am not being defensive. And I am very calm. I just can't stand people who live a pipe dream and actually think Dirk would leave Dallas, especially for Chicago :laugh:. Not happening. No way, no how. Cuban would sell Dirk a portion of the team for cents on the dollar to keep him here if thats what it takes. Cuban would literally do anything for Dirk.

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I guess. Cuban is a die-hard. I just don't think you can rule out the possibility of him leaving. There's ALWAYS a possibility, even if it's slim-to-none. I'm not even saying I think he'll leave, I just think you can't ever rule out the option. There's always a small chance, and because people are saying so, don't get mad. Just keep believing what you want to, nobody can force you to think otherwise.

1-800-STFU
05-22-2010, 04:53 PM
I am not being defensive. And I am very calm. I just can't stand people who live a pipe dream and actually think Dirk would leave Dallas, especially for Chicago :laugh:. Not happening. No way, no how. Cuban would sell Dirk a portion of the team for cents on the dollar to keep him here if thats what it takes. Cuban would literally do anything for Dirk.

Anything.......??????;)

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 04:53 PM
You can't rule it out but I would say its less than 5% chance that he leaves.

Edit: And Dirk wants to win. Chicago does not give him a great chance at winning. Dirk and Rose together is nice but come on. The rest of the team is mediocre. Rose and trash is just as good as what he has in Dallas. Good not great. And he loves this franchise and this city so why leave? Mavs are 1 or 2 pieces away from being contenders again and not pretenders. We have trade chips to make a serious move.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Anything.......??????;)

I knew somebody would say that. :sigh: FML

thedfactor
05-22-2010, 05:03 PM
It's definitely news when a player like Dirk is expected to opt out of a last year worth 21.5 MIL, but we Dallas fans shouldn't worry too much.

The reason could be that a deal will be worked out as a new 4 yr like asmarks said.

I believe it's actually a smart move by Dirk because, yes, he wants to win. It gives him the upper hand and put pressure on Dallas to make something happen after July 1 to really improve the team. If Dirk opted in, he runs the risk of being stuck without any drastic upgrade.

We will see what happens, but for now this news makes for interesting convo and I look forward to the "Official Dirk Nowitzki FA Speculation" thread lol

thescore53
05-22-2010, 05:06 PM
holy ****

smart man

not really that what every free agent does

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Very shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the nightman
05-22-2010, 05:15 PM
bulls > mavs
bulls > knicks

that's why he will sign with us. the bulls will be the ****ing powerhouse of the nba for years to come. im predicting 10 straight championships when we sign lebron and dirk.

thescore53
05-22-2010, 05:16 PM
He'll sign with the Bulls because I ****ing say so.

Why would be want to stay in Dallas in the land of oversized hats and cheap Mexican labor.

cause everything is bigger in texas

RaiderLakersA's
05-22-2010, 05:19 PM
No one knows what Dirk is thinking, but Dirk. Really, it's as much conjecture to say that he's staying with the Mavs as it is to say that he plans to leave. Either way, it's a good move for Dirk to opt out, whether he stays OR leaves. It's a no brainer: /opt out. Anyone with a pulse would do the same thing.

Having said that, if Dirk were inclined to leave, I think behind LeBron and Wade, he'd probably be the most pursued FA.

PrettyBoyJ
05-22-2010, 05:22 PM
If he does opt out.. this summer gonna be real crazy.. I jus hope it doesnt turn into a disappointment and players start re-signing wit their teams..

JDMVP
05-22-2010, 05:26 PM
i hope a lot of movement will happen, new year, new decade start over

RaptorsFanatic
05-22-2010, 05:27 PM
What if all the big free agents make a secret committee of some sort and then decide to all sign on one team for 1 million a season each and then win championships for the next 10 years.

RaiderLakersA's
05-22-2010, 05:28 PM
I jus hope it doesnt turn into a disappointment and players start re-signing wit their teams..

I think this is exactly what will happen. There are only so many teams that can offer a max contract or that have the pieces for a sign and trade deal. That means that some of these outstanding free agents will either (a) take less money to play on a championship caliber team or (b) re-sign with their current team, Birds rights ensuring that they still make top dollar, even if a championship is not likely.

DeyAce
New York bound

m26555
I can't see him leaving Dallas.

_KB24_
05-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow, did not expect this coming at all.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 05:29 PM
He's not going to so this thread can be closed anytime a mod is ready.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Why is this such a shock to people? It's a financial move for Dirk. He wants to get the most money he can get before the new CBA is made. I have to go to work... but everyone needs to not get ahead of themselves. If Dirk leaves the Mavs, i'll fly to Dallas and go streaking downtown.

RipVW
05-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Dirk probably wants to come to Chicago too.

asmarks18
05-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Dirk probably wants to come to Chicago too.

Yeah, and Rosie Odonnel wants to sleep with Donald Trump.

Sixerlover
05-22-2010, 05:35 PM
I expected this to happen. He's been in Dallas forever, and has no rings to show for it. But at the same time Dirk and AI are the two hardest stars to build a team around that I've ever seen.

He should be the star to either re-sign with his team, or go to one of the random teams with cap space (Sac-Town, LAC, Oklahoma City etc). That'd be a sight.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-22-2010, 05:37 PM
4 years 100 million dollar deal. Its a max deal for him. I would opt out too if it meant getting an extra 3.5 million next year. Your little jokes are ****ing stupid btw. Its just common sense guys. Quit looking too far into things.

your jokes are to hilarious why would he opt out if he was going to get a max deal wouldnt he have just signed an extension which would have changed what he gets paid next year anyways:confused:...
Hes in the same predictament were in with bosh he wants to win and get that ring before his careers done...
But on the real the one team who is getting happier by the day are the thunder they need a PF and now they have plenty to choose from that team can be a serious contender if they choose the right guy

thedfactor
05-22-2010, 05:37 PM
What if all the big free agents make a secret committee of some sort and then decide to all sign on one team for 1 million a season each and then win championships for the next 10 years.This. lol

Eagles4Lyfe
05-22-2010, 05:39 PM

why are you getting so emotional and offended and getting your panties up in a bunch..He opted out and you have no source saying hes going to resign so people are having a real discussion on what theyll think is going to happen so getting so hurt

defender4m
05-22-2010, 05:41 PM

I see your taking this pretty hard.

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 05:43 PM
And stay High all the time, I smoke that good ****. G-unit, are you ready?

Sorry, anyway, yeah, there's always a possibility. I'd say 90% Nowitzki stays, the other 10% can be distributed to Chicago, Miami, etc.

RaiderLakersA's
05-22-2010, 05:48 PM
What if all the big free agents make a secret committee of some sort and then decide to all sign on one team for 1 million a season each and then win championships for the next 10 years.

I don't know about 1 million, but I suppose they could all collude to get as many dominant pieces on one team as possible.

But even if they did that, it still wouldn't guaranty a title. Life still happens in dream scenarios. Players get hurt, chemistry fails, egos don't align, etc.

And all of those men have families to look after. A player might be willing to accept a $1m payday to win a title, but I'm pretty sure his family's needs come first.

Better to earn max dollars and ensure that your great grandchildren will have a life of relative luxury, than to walk around with a ring and have your children's children struggling to pay for college.

OT Thriller
05-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Guaranteed, Nets new owner persuades Dirk to come to the Nets. Step one in the new owners plan to go global!

ll_eric_ll
05-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Lebron leaves Cleveland and teams up with Dirk in Dallas, or Dirk leaves Dallas to Join Lebron in Cleveland,... hu..? I see Lebron leaving Cleveland, Cuban will never let Dirk walk...

Didnt Dirk make a comment a while back about resinging for cheaper so that the MAVS will have more money to work with..... Who wouldnt wanna play with a player like this..?

JNA17
05-22-2010, 06:00 PM
surprising. Does not mean dirk will leave the mavs just yet but very surprising never the less.

D Blue987
05-22-2010, 06:01 PM
you know I think he wont be back with Dallas. This could be the surprise of the summer imo but thinking about it from his perspective, He just might be tired of being on the wrong end of things when he is so close to winning championships. This year has to be a huge burden on his conscious knowing they had a team that many thought could make it to the WCF or Finals to win a championship and they flat out failed miserably. They got beat by an old Spurs team that admittedly played out of their mind but got swept by PHX who in all likelyhood will be demolished by the Lakers. You think back and the players he has had have only let him down in the end when he is so close to success. The epic failure first round loss to the warriors which has had to be hard to endure. This year obviously and to boot being 2 games away from a championship only to see D wade and a near prime shaq destroy them in four games straight. There is only so much a competitior can take in terms of embarrassment and sometimes folks money isnt everything and I believe that Dirks situation is just that. He wants to win and maybe Dallas is cursed in his mind and he gave everything he could to that team. Who knows maybe I am wrong but think back to his team's failures along the way and in your own minds does this not make sense to come out when other teams are willing to gut their teams to have some of these huge superstars since Dirk is obviously that? It isnt far fetched that Dirk could get a huge contract elsewhere not far from his current deal. Mavs fans may not like it but the reality is that that organization has come short countless times with Dirk leading the way and imo it isnt his fault. We will see but dont be so sure that he will be back...

TheWatcher34
05-22-2010, 06:01 PM
A way to get more money from cuban..

Wrong! Dirk is not like that.

thescore53
05-22-2010, 06:07 PM

1 mill or 130 mil hmmmmm hard to decide , is a ring worth 129 mill

fishfan79
05-22-2010, 06:12 PM
amare, yao and wade could be interesting wouldnt mind dirk but expect him to sign back with the mavs he wont get a max deal since his age already but amazing player

RaptorsFanatic
05-22-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't know about 1 million, but I suppose they could all collude to get as many dominant pieces on one team as possible.

But even if they did that, it still wouldn't guaranty a title. Life still happens in dream scenarios. Players get hurt, chemistry fails, egos don't align, etc.

And all of those men have families to look after. A player might be willing to accept a $1m payday to win a title, but I'm pretty sure his family's needs come first.

Better to earn max dollars and ensure that your great grandchildren will have a life of relative luxury, than to walk around with a ring and have your children's children struggling to pay for college.
Why do people take all comments so seriously, lol. I may have been joking.

kjdills13
05-22-2010, 06:17 PM
it opens up cap space for the mavs to sign Lebron. Or for them to try and sign Lebron.

Giantwarrior
05-22-2010, 06:22 PM
25 mil a year for dirk is dumb. he is not worth max money.

kjdills13
05-22-2010, 06:23 PM

haha a team like the knicks could sign

WADE- 10 million
Lebron-10 million
Bosh-10 Million
Joe Johnson- MLE
Dirk - 10 million
David Lee- claim bird rights for however much another team will offer

pg- wade
sg- Johnson
sf- Lebron
pf- Bosh
C- Dirk

David Lee 6th man

And to be honest the 10 million a year they would lose would be made up in comercals with the 5 of them together. All 5 of them would be signed to do work together and make the money back lol

This wont happen but fun to think about lol

loki34
05-22-2010, 06:26 PM
has nash been mentioned at all?
amare leaves phx needs a PF, nash and dirk are best friends forever, bff...lol

OT Thriller
05-22-2010, 06:28 PM
it opens up cap space for the mavs to sign Lebron. Or for them to try and sign Lebron.

Enough cap to sign a max player? That would be huge.

king4day
05-22-2010, 06:28 PM
I can't see him leaving. He's getting in on the action before the new CBA takes affect.
Cuban will give him a 4 year max deal and that'll be it.

Though I'd love to see the Suns do a 3 way sign and trade with Amar'e and another team if necessary.

Gotta believe Nash is talking to him

ryder78c
05-22-2010, 06:34 PM

he can make $96.5mill compared to other teams who can offer $91.5 thats $1,250,000 a year more on the mavs i dont think he cares with the money he has as i can tell your a mavs fan by the way you been hostile towards everyone about dirk leaving dirk wants a good team to play on not a team who gets dominated by the old spurs! adding butler and haywood wasnt that big of a move i think Dirk go's else where, suns i think is his first choice if amare leaves to team up with Nash or Chi would be a good fit for him he wants a championship not a first round knock out i could see dallas getting another big name though if dirk leaves maybe even Bosh...Mark Cuban Cant make dirk stay and he cant give dirk some of the team! and from the looks of it cuban cant get dirk a championship either! if i was dirk i would go with the suns after Amare leaves there all older and hungry dallas teams are choke artist's

Noah
Dirk
Deng
Hinrich
Rose

Lopez
Dirk/Frye
Hill
Richardson
Nash

Haywood
Dirk
Butler
Terry
Kidd

thescore53
05-22-2010, 06:40 PM

WADE- 10 million
Lebron-10 million
Bosh-10 Million
Joe Johnson- MLE
Dirk - 10 million

pg- wade
sg- Johnson
sf- Lebron
pf- Bosh
C- Dirk

David Lee 6th man

And to be honest the 10 million a year they would lose would be made up in comercals with the 5 of them together. All 5 of them would be signed to do work together and make the money back lol

you think lebron need new york to make money in endorsements ?????????

ryder78c
05-22-2010, 06:48 PM

WADE- 10 million
Lebron-10 million
Bosh-10 Million
Joe Johnson- MLE
Dirk - 10 million

pg- wade
sg- Johnson
sf- Lebron
pf- Bosh
C- Dirk

David Lee 6th man

thats like playing for the yankees buying a championship ring they wouldnt add to there legacy on that team! and not many people would wanna watch BBall Except Knicks fans

blacknell
05-22-2010, 06:49 PM
don't do it dirkalicious

GSRaider
05-22-2010, 06:49 PM

yea, i think thats the plan... they'll restructure his deal and re-sign him...

blacknell
05-22-2010, 06:51 PM

actually it is believed he will opt out and sign a contract taking a pay cut so dallas could bring in some championship talent and this is what he has been saying for the last few years

OA SLAY
05-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Who is this Guy:confused:

Hunter48MVP
05-22-2010, 07:01 PM
He opts out to get an extra 3.5 million next year. Its seriously that simple.

He didn't opt out to get more money. He is just tried of losing all the time. Dirk is at the end of his career. He wants to win a championship so bad that he would could sign mid-level exception to a true contender like the Lakers, Boston, or the Magic. Dirk chances of returning to the Mavs is "50-50" right now.

OT Thriller
05-22-2010, 07:14 PM
He didn't opt out to get more money. He is just tried of losing all the time. Dirk is at the end of his career. He wants to win a championship so bad that he would could sign mid-level exception to a true contender like the Lakers, Boston, or the Magic. Dirk chances of returning to the Mavs is "50-50" right now.

The Mavs are a legitimate contender. They have better pieces to win a championship than Chicago imo.

thescore53
05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
The Mavs are a legitimate contender. They have better pieces to win a championship than Chicago imo.

really please elaborate

SouljahPhil...
05-22-2010, 08:28 PM

LOL..we don't want Dirk on our team...you can have him..

drobe86
05-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Not a single sane poster here really thinks Dirk is leaving. He's looking to get that new 4 year deal so that he doesn't have to worry about that CBA. Phoenix probably has the best chance at getting him if he leaves, but that being said Dirk isn't that big of an upgrade over Stoudemire. So they wouldn't be any better than they are now, and truth is they overachieved this year so them getting better or going any further than they are right now is not realistic.

OT Thriller
05-22-2010, 09:26 PM
really please elaborate

The mavs have Kidd, butler, terry, marion and dampier. A pretty solid core if you add Nowitski as well. They were competitive this year and although they had an early leave in the playoffs, i think theyre still a team that could make a run with just this lineup in tact.

Now if Cubans as good as his word, look for the mavs to be active in the sign and trade game. A package deal based around marion/butler and terry might be enough to land Nowitski and even better star to play along with. That leaves Kidd, Nowitski, marion/butler, dampier (whichever one isnt dealt) and and star player (Lebron?, Bosh?). Thats a scary lineup and that would definitely make them a legitimate contender.

Never count out Cuban!

Kakaroach
05-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I think there is no doubt he is staying in Dallas. Just gonna get a new deal.

Nirvanaskurdt
05-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Not a single sane poster here really thinks Dirk is leaving. He's looking to get that new 4 year deal so that he doesn't have to worry about that CBA. Phoenix probably has the best chance at getting him if he leaves, but that being said Dirk isn't that big of an upgrade over Stoudemire. So they wouldn't be any better than they are now, and truth is they overachieved this year so them getting better or going any further than they are right now is not realistic.

Whether the Suns get Dirk or Stat in the offseason.. they will be a better team next season with the emergence of Dragic and Lopez this season :)

CANOWNED
05-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Do the Mavs still even want Dirk? He's hardly worth the max and they aren't winning anytime soon, a S&T could set them up for the future.

boolish
05-23-2010, 12:28 AM
just a thought though..why opt out? why just add more years to your contract..Just what pau and kobe did..

ever watch that show called LEVERAGE?

boolish
05-23-2010, 12:33 AM
actually it is believed he will opt out and sign a contract taking a pay cut so dallas could bring in some championship talent and this is what he has been saying for the last few years

I will believe that when I see it. Not holding my breath. Rings don't put food on the table. And "chances" at rings for sure don't.

blastmasta26
05-23-2010, 12:35 AM
ever watch that show called LEVERAGE?
No, what about it? :p

But yeah, Dirk is most likely doing this for a contract. I don't see him leaving Dallas at all, never crossed my mind.

boolish
05-23-2010, 12:46 AM
No, what about it? :p

But yeah, Dirk is most likely doing this for a contract. I don't see him leaving Dallas at all, never crossed my mind.

I don't either. but if he didn't opt out he would just have to accept the extension offer that cuban puts on the table. opting out forces cuban to put a market offer on the table and it will cost him. why should Dirk give up millions when nobody else on the team is going to give up dollars. NBA players don't think that way unless they are on one year end of career deals and their big earning days are over. the only guy I think who gave up money was Duncan. that was when the league was rolling in dough, however. the new CBA changes things.

xbrackattackx
05-23-2010, 12:52 AM
last time i am saying this. Dirk is not going anywhere. He is opting out to get more money from the mavs. He is set to make 21.5 million dollars. If he opts out and get his max deal which is 4 years and a 100 million bucks he can make 25 million dollars next year. If you were him would you want to make 3.5 million more next season? I know i sure as hell would want to.

it's already begun. :facepalm: Man lakers fans are ridiculous. Its awesome.

^ not in the slightest.

it will be a cold day in hell when cuban agrees to that bull ****. I am not worried one bit. Cuban will do anything to keep dirk a mav.

he opts out to get an extra 3.5 million next year. Its seriously that simple.

umad?

dtmagnet
05-23-2010, 12:52 AM
I think he stays in Dallas.

asmarks18
05-23-2010, 01:27 AM
umad?

I don't like the people who know very little about the Mavs and their relationship with Dirk and just start speculating. Dirk is extremely loyal to this franchise and to Cuban. He and Cuban are friends. Dirk is not going to be anything but a Mav. And what I thought was laughable was the idea of the Bulls signing him. Rose and Dirk by themselves isn't any better than his situation in Dallas. In fact... its worse.

HeirCanada
05-23-2010, 02:03 AM
bulls > mavs
bulls > knicks

that's why he will sign with us. the bulls will be the ****ing powerhouse of the nba for years to come. im predicting 10 straight championships when we sign lebron and dirk.

10 Championships? Are you kidding me?

Let's be realistic here, it's more like 20-30! When all of the world's most sought-after FA's end up in Chi-City, the NBA will crumble under the hooves of the bulls.

Rose
Wade
Lebron
Dirk
Bosh

6th Man: Joe Johnson
Striker: C. Ronaldo
Cleanup: Pujols

Head Coach: Vince Lombardi Jr.

Team Doctor: Sanjay Gupta from CNN

CHAMPIONSHIP!

hugepatsfan
05-23-2010, 02:06 AM
10 Championships? Are you kidding me?

Let's be realistic here, it's more like 20-30! When all of the world's most sought-after FA's end up in Chi-City, the NBA will crumble under the hooves of the bulls.

Rose
Wade
Lebron
Dirk
Bosh

6th Man: Joe Johnson
Striker: C. Ronaldo
Cleanup: Pujols

Head Coach: Vince Lombardi Jr.

Team Doctor: Sanjay Gupta from CNN

CHAMPIONSHIP!

And don't forget that even after signing those guys they could still deal Deng and Hinrich in a S&T for Boozer.

kikeyanez
05-23-2010, 02:56 AM
ill give up monta ellis,corey maggette an are 6th pick in the draft for dirk an brandon hayward

Becks2307
05-23-2010, 03:00 AM
And don't forget that even after signing those guys they could still deal Deng and Hinrich in a S&T for Boozer.

dude that was friggin hilarious

Sadds The Gr8
05-23-2010, 03:12 AM
bulls > mavs
bulls > knicks

:laugh2: :facepalm:

I hope you're joking...

metsbulls1025
05-23-2010, 07:42 AM
If I was the Mavs I would let him go and try my hardest to get Lebron. I mean why wouldn't Lebron want to go to a team that consistently trades for pieces at the deadline to try and improve the team. They keep building around Dirk and failing.

drobe86
05-23-2010, 10:30 AM
ill give up monta ellis,corey maggette an are 6th pick in the draft for dirk an brandon hayward

And I would say hell no.... Are you kidding me? Ill give you hayward for that but not Dirk. There is a reason GS wins 20 games a year, and ellis and magette are mostly the two reasons why.

pressy95
05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Golden State People is where Dirk is heading!!

Panetella
05-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Dirk would be a great peice to the puzzle of a Dominating Dynasty.. As Chris Bosh may be younger and granted more athletic.. However I need a good tried and true gun slinger, one with deadly accuracy and proven consistancy...As you can see that theory is tried and true through out this playoff run, ie Boston's aging gun slingers....If I were Dirk and their was an opportunity to get a ring my thoughts are the Nicks may be able to offer more money but How many more years do you want to rebuild.. I have only one word of advise if you can't beat em; join em...... Great Nimisists make even greater allies... and as for Le Bron keep this in mind Dwayne knows his way to the mountain top...

Jays Claw
05-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Why do many of you live in the fantasy world? :facepalm:

the nightman
05-23-2010, 03:16 PM
hes as good as gone. he will be on the bulls next season. his great shooting at the PF position, plus the good SG we are going to draft will spread the lane wide open for rose and lebron. the next 5 championships are as good as ours.

have fun rest of the league, you guys are screwed.

Panetella
05-23-2010, 03:19 PM
With him signing with the bulls would be like jumping out of the frying pan and directly into the fire...

BOSTON617
05-23-2010, 03:32 PM
dallas does a sign and trade for ray allen and perk gives us dirk and butler lol jk who knows this is so unpredictable

Hunter48MVP
05-23-2010, 07:33 PM

Actually there are not. Jalen Rose said in NBA Fastbreak that it is time for Dirk to leave. He also said that the Mavericks are not a true contender to win a champioship. The Bulls have wall better pieces than the Mavs. Next season Mavs will NOT make the postseason. Memphis Grizzlies will.

Jason Kidd: 10.3PPG 9.1APG 1.8 SPG < Derrick Rose: 20.8PPG 6.0APG 0.7 SPG
Dampier/Haywood: 7.9PPG 8.2RPG 1.9BPG < Noah: 10.7PPG 11.0RPG 1.6BPG

I'm not saying that Dirk will go to Chicago, I just hate the Mavericks.

Angel2Maverick
05-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Hunter48MVP how about a sig bet, Next season if mavericks don't make the playoffs then i will change my sig to whatever you like but if they do, then I can tell you to change your sig to whatever I would like. Fair Enough. Your Not scared, are you?

maddBat
05-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Why do many of you live in the fantasy world? :facepalm:

right? people cant tell the difference between wishful thinking and reality in this so called society. :shrug:

christexaport
06-01-2010, 12:33 AM
do people not realize he only opted out so he could sign a new deal, which makes him eligible for a no trade clause. an extension wouldn't allow a clause to be added.

Young2Kinsler
06-01-2010, 01:03 AM
No one really knows whats going to happen, but Dirk knows Cuban, and Mark is going to do everything he can this offseason to land Dirk a true All-Star to play with. I think this most likely Dirk letting himself get max money from Dallas, but I could be wrong.

JJ_JKidd
06-01-2010, 04:31 AM
ESPN says that Dirk maybe would have a reunion with Nash in Phoenix.

Young2Kinsler
06-01-2010, 12:45 PM
ESPN says that Dirk maybe would have a reunion with Nash in Phoenix.

That's a pretty blind statement considering there was so much more behind the actual "theory" some one just pulled out of their ***.

ZioAx
06-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Celtics

JJ_JKidd
06-01-2010, 10:07 PM
That's a pretty blind statement considering there was so much more behind the actual "theory" some one just pulled out of their ***.

I cant paste a link that is an ESPN Rumor. Just scroll down here http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors