PDA

View Full Version : The Official LeBron James FA Speculation Thread Part III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Kakaroach
05-22-2010, 09:31 AM
You guys rip through these fast. Here are the previous two.

The Official LeBron James FA Speculation Thread Part I (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485249)

The Official LeBron James FA Speculation Thread Part II (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486531)

http://i39.tinypic.com/qyz8sw.png

arkanian215
05-22-2010, 09:48 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13350711#post13350711:bs:

ManRam
05-22-2010, 09:49 AM
We have to be approaching a record here. People complain how much LeBron talk there is, but in reality, it's the fans (love or hate) that fuel the fire. I'm beginning to actually believe this is way bigger than the actual games right now.

arkanian215
05-22-2010, 09:53 AM
We have to be approaching a record here. People complain how much LeBron talk there is, but in reality, it's the fans (love or hate) that fuel the fire. I'm beginning to actually believe this is way bigger than the actual games right now.

hmm Clippers, Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Nets. That's a large portion of PSD's basketball forum posters. Considering none of them are in the playoffs still, I don't see what else there is to talk about for them. There's nothing bigger than James for most of them right now.

ManRam
05-22-2010, 09:55 AM
hmm Clippers, Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Nets. That's a large portion of PSD's basketball forum posters. Considering none of them are in the playoffs still, I don't see what else there is to talk about for them. There's nothing bigger than James for most of them right now.

I love LeBron talk. It doesn't bother me. It just baffles me how much people complain, when they are just feeding the monster themselves.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/feature/index?page=LeBron-Tracker

^And yes, ESPN now has an entire page devoted to him...the same amount of focus ESPNBoston, ESPNNY etc. have. He is a monster.

arkanian215
05-22-2010, 10:01 AM
I love LeBron talk. It doesn't bother me. It just baffles me how much people complain, when they are just feeding the monster themselves.

^And yes, ESPN now has an entire page devoted to him...the same amount of focus ESPNBoston, ESPNNY etc. have. He is a monster.

Maybe they want folks to concentrate their attention on the playoffs and their team that's still in the playoffs. For a lot of folks, they couldn't care less. A lot of folks are fixated on their team and the playoffs don't concern them unless they're in it.

Niro
05-22-2010, 10:08 AM
somehow get lebron to the warriors

BAMF
05-22-2010, 12:21 PM
part 2 isnt closed yet so y make a 3?

BAMF
05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
opps part 2 is closed :horse:

Hustla23
05-22-2010, 12:26 PM
I am going to complain about all the Lebron talk while continuing to post in here numerous times. :mad:

NBAfan4life
05-22-2010, 12:28 PM
If the Lakers had cap space along with the rest of those teams we would be on thread 4 or 5 by now :p

drobe86
05-22-2010, 02:14 PM

It is bigger than the games. TV rating are extremely low for this years playoffs. Nobody wants to see Celtics-Lakers again. I mean the problem with the NBA is that somehow "cough cough" the same teams win championships. Only 7 teams have ever one a championship in the NBA and that's highly questionable at best. That being said Lebron James impending free agency is biggest thing to EVER happen in the NBA, which is why people love to talk about it. Who wouldn't want to talk about a guy that could conceivably win the MVP award for the next 8-10 years. I mean who's close? You could make an argument for Durant. Wade im sure will get an MVP before he retires, and that's it. James is clearly the best NBA player since Jordan and I can make the argument that at this stage in his career he is ahead of Jordan. Bottomline: when the King is done playing it will have been a pleasure watching him dominate NBA competition for the likes of 15 years.....

Heater4life
05-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Part 3 already?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:clap:

Wow...this is nuts!

Pistol_Pete
05-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I mean the problem with the NBA is that somehow "cough cough" the same teams win championships. Only 7 teams have ever one a championship in the NBA and that's highly questionable at best.

Here is a list of NBA championship teams: http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html

Beginning with the 68-69 season going until now, there have been 14 different champions. But yes, there are a lot of repeats.

Back to the LeBron point. Yes, of course it's overshadowing the the playoffs. I think people are assuming that it's going to be Lakers v. Celtics again (which I do think people are interested in since they are both very very good teams with star players). But it will end and the LeBron free agency story will continue. It's something that pertains to the entire league and how it will be shaped for years to come.

The fact is that there are 2 stories here. 1) the superstar moves to a new team and changes the face of the franchise and possibly conference, and 2) the hometown star, playing for the hometown team, could possibly leave for the bright lights of a bigger city. It's all very interesting.

I for one enjoy seeing all the stories and theories here.

tredigs
05-22-2010, 03:36 PM
If this goes to 3,000 posts, I am so quitting PSD foreverz.

ko8e24
05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Here is a list of NBA championship teams: http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html

Beginning with the 68-69 season going until now, there have been 14 different champions. But yes, there are a lot of repeats.

Back to the LeBron point. Yes, of course it's overshadowing the the playoffs. I think people are assuming that it's going to be Lakers v. Celtics again (which I do think people are interested in since they are both very very good teams with star players). But it will end and the LeBron free agency story will continue. It's something that pertains to the entire league and how it will be shaped for years to come.

The fact is that there are 2 stories here. 1) the superstar moves to a new team and changes the face of the franchise and possibly conference, and 2) the hometown star, playing for the hometown team, could possibly leave for the bright lights of a bigger city. It's all very interesting.

It's weird, since the showtime lakers in the late 80's, we had repeat champions for like 15 yrs

Lakers 87,88
Pistons 89,90
Bulls 91,92,93
Rockets 94,95
Bulls 96,97,98
Spurs 99 (lockout season)-->the only exception
Lakers 00,01,02

We haven't had a repeat champion for 8 yrs, but I guess that trend of having repeat champs is gonna start again this yr. :)

td0tsfinest
05-22-2010, 03:40 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13350711#post13350711:bs:

lol.

Where's RadiantShot?

Ovratd1up
05-22-2010, 04:05 PM
There is a Lebron thread in the Bulls' forum and it's getting up there, on Part II and soon to be Part III.

balla11
05-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Nowadays on ESPN we always hear about LeBron and places he might end up in the summer. You always hear the Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Heat, and now even the Clippers. But the team no one is talking about is the Wizards. They have just as much cap space as anyone. And Washington DC would be appealing to Lebron because it is a big city and he wants a big city. And he wants to win. Out of all the teams i just named Washington would be the best next season. If he comes to Washington and gets paired with Gilbert, John Wall, Blatche, and Mcgee!!!! WATCH OUT!!!!!!

asandhu23
05-22-2010, 06:34 PM
LeBron and Gilbert Arenas on the same team? do they have enough basketballs?

RaptorsFanatic
05-22-2010, 06:35 PM
So you joined in August 2008 and managed to scratch in 4 posts with this one being a thread that is going to be closed in a matter of minutes.

Bye.

PostingMachine
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
I've actually been thinking about this myself, and the Wizards might have a valid shot at getting LeBron. My question would be, how would they get him? They don't have the money to sign him, and in a sign-and-trade who would Cleveland want for him? I can almost promise you they won't want to deal with Gilbert Arenas, although he could fit very well in Cleveland as their shooting guard, but that's the only question I have....but Washington would be a great fit for LeBron James, especially because from what I'm hearing John Wall and him are fairly good friends. Definitely a good topic for discussion.

Sixerlover
05-22-2010, 06:37 PM
LeBron and Gilbert Arenas on the same team? do they have enough basketballs?

I was JUST about to say that.

But as far as the idea. Why not none of us are LeBron or his agent and know where he is going so who is to say DC isn't a possibility? But I highly doubt it. No one in the NBA is running to go play with Gilbert Arenas.

balla11
05-22-2010, 06:38 PM
But LeBron is unselfish and Gilbert has something to prove. So i think they would embrace eachother rather quickly.

OA SLAY
05-22-2010, 06:40 PM
cuz you guys always treat him with such a warm welcome

balla11
05-22-2010, 06:40 PM
So you joined in August 2008 and managed to scratch in 4 posts with this one being a thread that is going to be closed in a matter of minutes.

Unlike you i have a life and dont write a post everyday. So if u dont like the idea dont comment on it.

AI4MVP
05-22-2010, 06:44 PM
the fortune teller or future teller or watever that come on ESPN's "Sportsnation" said that LeBron James is gunna go to the Wizards

thescore53
05-22-2010, 06:44 PM

Unlike you i have a life and dont write a post everyday. So if u dont like the idea dont comment on it.

you know you coulda just press the quote button

smith&wesson
05-22-2010, 06:48 PM

Bye.

why do you care how many posts he has ?

didnt we all start at 0 ??

fadedmario
05-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Wizards are ok by me. I love your coach, wish he still coached in Detroit. Wall will really bring some game next season.

mia305king
05-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Nowadays on ESPN we always hear about LeBron and places he might end up in the summer. You always hear the Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Heat, and now even the Clippers. But the team no one is talking about is the Wizards. They have just as much cap space as anyone. And Washington DC would be appealing to Lebron because it is a big city and he wants a big city. And he wants to win. Out of all the teams i just named Washington would be the best next season. If he comes to Washington and gets paired with Gilbert, John Wall, Blatche, and Mcgee!!!! WATCH OUT!!!!!!

lmao

smith&wesson
05-22-2010, 06:51 PM
The thing about gilbert arenas is that he hasnt been healthy in 3 seasons. And in this past season he proved that he was not the same player when he did play.

I dont see him ever being an elite player in this league again.

the thought of james and wall together is interesting though.

kntresistheheat
05-22-2010, 08:39 PM

:facepalm::crazy::bla::laugh2:

Are you freaking kidding me, Why would he want to leave Cleveland to go to a terrible team like the wizards??? Why?? Cause they are possibly getting wall?

drobe86
05-22-2010, 09:21 PM

I should have put 6 in the last 20 years which is what I was thinking but ok. But i was merely trying to say that there is no parity in the NBA. It's the Lakers, Celtics, Cavs (with Lebron), Magic, and thats it. Nobody in the NBA is really a factor and won' be. the problem is that NBA doesn't seem to mind either....

ko8e24
05-23-2010, 06:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5212674

If LeBron James isn't sure he can win in Cleveland, President Barack Obama thinks there's an opportunity with his hometown Chicago Bulls.

"You know, like I said, I don't want to meddle," Obama told TNT. "I will say this: [Derrick] Rose, Joakim Noah it's a pretty good core. You know, you could see LeBron fitting in pretty well there."

Obama was interviewed about a number of basketball subjects by broadcaster Marv Albert on the White House basketball court. The interview will be shown Tuesday night at 8 p.m. ET.

James can become a free agent this summer, and his decision whether to leave the Cavaliers is one of the hottest topics in sports. Though he's never said he wants out of his native Ohio, there's speculation he'd consider it after the Cavaliers were knocked out of the playoffs in the second round by the Boston Celtics.

"I think that the most important thing for LeBron right now is actually to find a structure where he's got a coach that he respects and is working hard with teammates who care about him and if that's in Cleveland, then he should stay in Cleveland," Obama said. "If he doesn't feel like he can get it there, then someplace else."

Obama compared James' situation to the Bulls not winning until Michael Jordan had confidence in Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen and the rest of his teammates. Once that happened, Chicago won six NBA championships in the 1990s.

"It wasn't until you got that framework around you that you could be a champion," Obama said. "Same thing happened with Kobe [Bryant]. You know, I think that, first with Shaq [O'Neal] then later with [Pau] Gasol, you know, he's gotten that sense of a team around him and I think LeBron hasn't quite been able to get that yet. That's what he needs to find."

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Three threads...For one guy...Just wow.

Dougger316
05-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow, this thread has really died down, no tirades in a while. Anyway I was reading this article and there has been a lot of talk about how he can make more money in New York and according to this it's not true. Just talks about some facts and fiction going on with the rumors about Lebron.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2303840,CST-SPT-jax23.article

raptor fan
05-23-2010, 07:20 PM
if Lebron goes to Chicago, and Chicago S&T for Bosh (Deng, Gibson, Johnson and 2 picks for Bosh & Turkoglu), the bulls would be instead contenders for many years to come.

PG: Rose
SG: James
SF: Turkoglu
PF: Bosh
C: Noah

PatelJ1010
05-23-2010, 07:40 PM
I believe Lebron James will stay in the Eastern Conference. And this is the order I believe is the most favorite to least favorite in the east.

1. Miami Heat- Wade and Lebron
2. Chicago Bulls- Rose, Noah, and Lebron that's Talent
3. Cleveland Cavs- Lebron has respect for his hometown but Shaq, MO, and Jamison is not the players to build a championship
4. New York Knicks- Jay-Z song - Empire State of Mind... Plus they have cap room for 2 max players (that is if they trade David Lee)
5. New Jersey Nets- Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, # 3 pick in 2010 1st round..they have a chance esp. if Evan Turner goes #3 instead of Favors
6. Washington Wizards- Wall is going to be better than Rose but not now biggest Dark- Horse to get him. PS: WIZARDS FANS- MS. Cleo the Jamaican Fortune teller sees is her Crystal Ball that Lebron James will be a Wizard so it might be true

RaptorizedKevin
05-23-2010, 07:58 PM
sign and trade lebron james and antawn jamison for

andrea bargnani
demar derozan
13th pick in 2010 draft
marcus banks
reggie evans

this gets the cavs young talet with very great potential. it also gives them expirings for jamisons contract since hes old and the cavs are losing lebron.

bargnani has a very nice contract and isnt even in it yet. hes averaing 16 and 6 and will only get better in time. hes still young , he can really pay off.

fin_frenzy_84
05-23-2010, 08:02 PM
if Lebron goes to Chicago, and Chicago S&T for Bosh (Deng, Gibson, Johnson and 2 picks for Bosh & Turkoglu), the bulls would be instead contenders for many years to come.

PG: Rose
SG: James
SF: Turkoglu
PF: Bosh
C: Noah

Id do that but I dont see Turk coming to us... I believe we will do a 3 way trade so you guys can send turk somewhere else and bosh to us. I believe thats the only way

RipVW
05-23-2010, 08:05 PM
nm

RipVW
05-23-2010, 08:07 PM
sign and trade lebron james and antawn jamison for

andrea bargnani
demar derozan
13th pick in 2010 draft
marcus banks
reggie evans

this gets the cavs young talet with very great potential. it also gives them expirings for jamisons contract since hes old and the cavs are losing lebron.

bargnani has a very nice contract and isnt even in it yet. hes averaing 16 and 6 and will only get better in time. hes still young , he can really pay off.

Are there candy cane trees in Toronto? Are people showing off their pet unicorns?

RipVW
05-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Wow, this thread has really died down, no tirades in a while. Anyway I was reading this article and there has been a lot of talk about how he can make more money in New York and according to this it's not true. Just talks about some facts and fiction going on with the rumors about Lebron.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2303840,CST-SPT-jax23.article

Yeah, especially when you consider the first two pages werent about people talking about LeBron James and not actually about LeBron James.

ChaseHamels
05-23-2010, 09:03 PM

Yea god forbid we don't spend hours and hours bickering on sports threads all day.

nbafan63
05-23-2010, 09:04 PM
lebron is going to the nets. its already a done deal man.

jeter 2
05-23-2010, 09:29 PM
To all the Toney Douglas haters. I just want to say that he was decent when he had significant playing time. In the months of March and April, Mr. Douglas averaged a little over 12 points and 3.6 assists. Yes, his assists are low, but thats not to say he is horrible. Kobe Bryant always had Derek Fisher. Douglas could play the Derek Fisher role on the Knicks. Like I said before, an all star big man is a necessity for Lebron and an all star point guard is a luxury for Lebron.

smiddy012
05-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I think its between Chicago and NY.

I really dont see him going to Miami. Why would he go join Wade when Wades already won a championship? Lebron wants to lead a team to a championship himself, he wont be able to do that with Wade.

I grew up watching Jordan and the Bulls so I am going to be a bit biased. However, if Lebron wants to win now, and I think he does, his most probable choice is the Bulls. I could go down the laundry list of reasons why, but really what it all boils down to is that the Bulls already got two young stars who would fit very well with Lebron. Rose is the leader by example type, the good, disciplined, and quiet soldier. Noah sets the intensity level and is just as determined to win as anybody. Now, you throw in the idea of Bosh following Lebron wherever he goes, and you got a dynasty in Chicago that could very well rule the decade. Really the only reason Lebron wouldnt come to Chicago is if he didnt want to make it too easy on himself.

nbafan63
05-23-2010, 09:40 PM
I think its between Chicago and NY.

I really dont see him going to Miami. Why would he go join Wade when Wades already won a championship? Lebron wants to lead a team to a championship himself, he wont be able to do that with Wade.

I grew up watching Jordan and the Bulls so I am going to be a bit biased. However, if Lebron wants to win now, and I think he does, his most probable choice is the Bulls. I could go down the laundry list of reasons why, but really what it all boils down to is that the Bulls already got two young stars who would fit very well with Lebron. Rose is the leader by example type, the good, disciplined, and quiet soldier. Noah sets the intensity level and is just as determined to win as anybody. Now, you throw in the idea of Bosh following Lebron wherever he goes, and you got a dynasty in Chicago that could very well rule the decade. Really the only reason Lebron wouldnt come to Chicago is if he didnt want to make it too easy on himself.

thank god your not a GM...cuz you can not be anymore wrong.

arkanian215
05-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Washington and Toronto fans, would you do this deal?
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13405811&postcount=1004

Minny and Toronto fans, would you do this deal?
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13405639&postcount=993

oak2455
05-23-2010, 09:45 PM
lebron is going to the nets. its already a done deal man.

He'll play for the Mets before the Nets:eyebrow:

RipVW
05-23-2010, 11:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5211940

Yeah, its from the "Sorry, New York" Guy.

Draco
05-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Not getting love from Chris Broussard? Chris Sheridan throws Knick fans a bone...

And as of now, May 23, one would have to consider the Knicks the favorites because they would be willing to offer more, barring a Lakers flameout in the playoffs, than any of those other teams.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/54/the-bosh-list-and-how-lbjs-timing-could-impact-a-bosh-lee-deal

kntresistheheat
05-23-2010, 11:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5211940

Yeah, its from the "Sorry, New York" Guy.

Its funny, How all these reporters have different opinions....I do believe he has a big chance of Joining the bulls, But I still have tons of hopes for the Heat:D I dont think the knicks or nets have any chance, Maybe 1%???

ttomea
05-24-2010, 03:43 AM
One place I really don't think he is going to is Chicago. I just don't think he'd want to be playing in a city, knowing full well he will constantly be compared to MJ (Jordan got us 6 rings, what has LBJ gotten us? etc.) Taking Chicago out of the mix, I'm really interested to see where he goes, like the rest of the universe.

Anyway, I am a student at American University entering my sophomore year this fall and am writing for the American University television station's sports blog at sportszone.auatv.com. I'm trying to build my readership and would encourage you guys, the ProSportsDaily community, to head over and check out my post on the '09-10 Cavs. I'd like to hear your comments/thoughts/criticisms/likes/dislikes on my post and future posts all throughout the summer. Feel free to contact me on this site, or directly through my email, tylertomea@gmail.com. Thanks a bunch and keep making this site what it is- I look forward to hearing from you and your thoughts!

NYK_kidd77
05-24-2010, 03:57 AM
Its funny, How all these reporters have different opinions....I do believe he has a big chance of Joining the bulls, But I still have tons of hopes for the Heat:D I dont think the knicks or nets have any chance, Maybe 1%???

YESS 1%!!! lol.

tredigs
05-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Three threads...For one guy...Just wow.

A good chunk of the makeup of a few soon-to-be elite organizations in the NBA over the next 5-10 years rides on his decision, it is a big deal.

PHX2daDEATH
05-24-2010, 04:33 AM
If Lebron goes to the Bulls does that mean no more dancing and show-boating.. ? If so Im all for it

abe_froman
05-24-2010, 04:35 AM
If Lebron goes to the Bulls does that mean no more dancing and show-boating.. ? If so Im all for it

at least turn it down,i'm hoping

Vee-Rex
05-24-2010, 05:35 AM
I'm going to officially make my claim to where Lebron goes. That's right, it's going in my sig as well as the date. When the next season start we can look back and see if I was right.

1. Lebron is not going to New York. They don't have enough talent and like Mark Cuban said, Lebron wants to win. Even if the Knicks managed to get Lebron and Bosh, those 2 with a team full of bums wouldn't get a ring.

2. Lebron is not going to Chicago. They have a nice young team as of now but Lebron will not live in MJ's shadow in Chicago, trust me.

3. Lebron is never going to pair up with Wade or Kobe.

4. Clippers are out of the equation - Lebron won't run L.A. because of Kobe.

This is my prediction for LBJ's 2010 offseason:

A.) Lebron stays with Cleveland and try his hardest to persuade Bosh to come to town. Lebron signs a 2 year (player option on the 3rd) contract with Cleveland to see how it works out.

Vee-Rex
05-24-2010, 05:39 AM
Oh... and no way he's going to the Wizards lol

aperichak
05-24-2010, 10:45 AM
The main problem LeBron had with the Cavs is now gone. He's criticized MB for the greater part of 2 seasons now. Picking a new head coach was a small leverage the Bulls and Nets had, now that is gone. The Bulls offer the best player LeBron can play along with in Rose, but the Cavs still have the best team around him. At this point there's going to be a lot of unhappy, upset people in New York, New Jersey, Miami, Chicago, ect when LeBron signs his 3 year deal with the Cavs. He isnt going to leave Cleveland on a bad note. He's always said winning and winning that title in Cleveland is something special to him and he said it was one of his priorities. If people watched every Cavs game, then you would know that he takes his jersey off like that after EVERY game, especially losses. Heres why he wont go to these teams:
Bulls- Yes they have Rose and I can throw Noah in there too, but after that the roster is worse than the Knicks. Hienrich, Deng, and Gibson are ok, but are not better than what the Cavs can offer. With Lebron, they wouldnt be better than a 3rd seed more than likely. They can make a sign and trade with the Raptors for Bosh, but why would you want to deplete your roster more. The Raptors will want decent players for him.
Knicks- Well they play 0 defense, which LeBron says is a priority. The roster is terrible, with the exception of Lee, who will probably be gone anyways. Yes they can possibly bring in a Wade or Bosh, but there isnt any way they can build a good enough roster around them. Plus they dont really have a strong, smart organization. Two stars and 75% of a D-League roster will not get it done.
Heat- Two words, Dwayne Wade. Anyone who thinks either him or LeBron will take a back seat to one another is delusional. They also have to build a team around these 2 as well and theres only so much money out there.
Nets- Good young core, but remember they did win 12 games last year. I never saw New Jersey as a threat for LBJ as it was. Playing in Newark for 2 years isnt that appealing to me and I know it isnt for LeBron. Not being able to draft Wall or Turner didnt hurt their chances that much, but it affects them a little bit.
Clippers- The name says it all and I know LeBron knows his NBA history haha
Cavs- Well the biggest reason was Mike Brown, but now that he's gone, it increases LeBrons chances of staying. Also, I know he's frustrated that the Cavs have underachieved in the playoffs the past 2 years.

ldc62
05-24-2010, 11:50 AM
^ Wrong... Lebron is gone.

aperichak
05-24-2010, 12:05 PM
He's gone if he doesnt care about winning. All of those teams have major flaws to fix. Not one of those teams mentioned above can build a full roster around him in one year. He wants to win now and Cleveland is his only chance at that right now.

smiddy012
05-24-2010, 12:22 PM
thank god your not a GM...cuz you can not be anymore wrong.

Great argument. Most GMs would not want a core of Lebron/Rose/Noah/Bosh.

He's gone if he doesnt care about winning. All of those teams have major flaws to fix. Not one of those teams mentioned above can build a full roster around him in one year. He wants to win now and Cleveland is his only chance at that right now.

Right, because Mo & Sideshow Bob > Rose & Noah. And its not like Lebron gave up on his team game 5 or anything...

Pierzynski4Prez
05-24-2010, 12:29 PM
The main problem LeBron had with the Cavs is now gone. He's criticized MB for the greater part of 2 seasons now. Picking a new head coach was a small leverage the Bulls and Nets had, now that is gone. The Bulls offer the best player LeBron can play along with in Rose, but the Cavs still have the best team around him. At this point there's going to be a lot of unhappy, upset people in New York, New Jersey, Miami, Chicago, ect when LeBron signs his 3 year deal with the Cavs. He isnt going to leave Cleveland on a bad note. He's always said winning and winning that title in Cleveland is something special to him and he said it was one of his priorities. If people watched every Cavs game, then you would know that he takes his jersey off like that after EVERY game, especially losses. Heres why he wont go to these teams:
Bulls- Yes they have Rose and I can throw Noah in there too, but after that the roster is worse than the Knicks. Hienrich, Deng, and Gibson are ok, but are not better than what the Cavs can offer. With Lebron, they wouldnt be better than a 3rd seed more than likely. They can make a sign and trade with the Raptors for Bosh, but why would you want to deplete your roster more. The Raptors will want decent players for him.
Knicks- Well they play 0 defense, which LeBron says is a priority. The roster is terrible, with the exception of Lee, who will probably be gone anyways. Yes they can possibly bring in a Wade or Bosh, but there isnt any way they can build a good enough roster around them. Plus they dont really have a strong, smart organization. Two stars and 75% of a D-League roster will not get it done.
Heat- Two words, Dwayne Wade. Anyone who thinks either him or LeBron will take a back seat to one another is delusional. They also have to build a team around these 2 as well and theres only so much money out there.
Nets- Good young core, but remember they did win 12 games last year. I never saw New Jersey as a threat for LBJ as it was. Playing in Newark for 2 years isnt that appealing to me and I know it isnt for LeBron. Not being able to draft Wall or Turner didnt hurt their chances that much, but it affects them a little bit.
Cavs- Well the biggest reason was Mike Brown, but now that he's gone, it increases LeBrons chances of staying. Also, I know he's frustrated that the Cavs have underachieved in the playoffs the past 2 years.

So much wrong with this post. I'm sure most all teams wouldn't be as good if you removed their top 2 players. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out, but guess what, Rose and Noah ARE on the Bulls, so why even say that?

mser58
05-24-2010, 12:52 PM
he's prolly gonna go to LA with Kobe and D-Wade and Howard and CP3 and MJ and the Rock

Double_R
05-24-2010, 03:23 PM

I just saw this and thought it was kinda crazy that ESPN has dedicated an entire page to Lebron... hahaha it will soon be LESPN

JNA17
05-24-2010, 03:26 PM
espn never seizes to disappoint :pity:

_KB24_
05-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Wow.......... :facepalm:

ManRam
05-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Whine all you want, but the LeBron thread in this very NBA main forum collectively might have been the longest thread that ever existed here...and that just shows how much people, even your peers here, care.

Fans eat it up. It's the biggest story in basketball right now until the Finals start. ESPN is making the savvy move here. It's a business. They are trying to appeal to the masses, and right now, that entails LeBron hype. If you want your favorite player to be all anyone talks about, check your local sports channel.

ManRam
05-24-2010, 03:34 PM
And on that note, this is getting moved to the LeBron thread. Like ESPN, we're consolidating all the LeBron talk here to one tidy place.

unleashthebeast
05-24-2010, 03:55 PM
If he doesnt come to miami (which i am praying for), than i hope he just stays

97NYer
05-24-2010, 04:00 PM
As of right now I say:

1.Chicago/New York
3.Cleveland
4.New Jersey
5.Miami
6.Washington

dbeastly
05-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Next time I hear Rose is the only "real" star that can pair up with Lebron from another Bulls fan and I'm gonna lose my ***** mind. Don't forget Dwyane Wade is still in the league and it just so happens that his team is in contention to get Lebron. Think guys think

unleashthebeast
05-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Next time I hear Rose is the only "real" star that can pair up with Lebron from another Bulls fan and I'm gonna lose my ***** mind. Don't forget Dwyane Wade is still in the league and it just so happens that his team is in contention to get Lebron. Think guys think

this

Akshay
05-24-2010, 05:43 PM
LeBron should sign w/ a team by doing it College Football Signing Day style. Pick a hat from the bunch. Do you imagine the ratings on that. Would draw, a double of the attention then the finals.

fin_frenzy_84
05-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Out of all the teams that Lebron may play on, Chicago has the best star in Rose...
I will keep saying that because Wade is a free agent and once he does sign then we can say Wade is the best star but untill then Rose is.

D1JM
05-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Why play with Wade when he can play with kobe.

chitownbulls
05-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Out of all the teams that Lebron may play on, Chicago has the best star in Rose...
I will keep saying that because Wade is a free agent and once he does sign then we can say Wade is the best star but untill then Rose is.

this

ko8e24
05-24-2010, 08:57 PM
So Has LeBron Signed With A Team Yet? :hide:

jackdawson
05-24-2010, 09:13 PM
^^Yes!!! With the bulls. Not been announced yet but bulls fans had dinner with LeBron last night and he informed them. ****ing retards! PSD seriously stinks now!

ElMarroAfamado
05-24-2010, 09:14 PM
haha no one mentions the Clippers poor clippers
:(

Draco
05-24-2010, 09:30 PM
haha no one mentions the Clippers poor clippers

I think Heat fans are feeling left out too lol

Jonathan2323
05-24-2010, 09:35 PM

Nah we have quiet confidence.

kntresistheheat
05-24-2010, 09:45 PM

Nah, Heat fans thinks realastic...bulls fans think they are in a dream world:rolleyes:Bulls fans already think they have bosh and lebron signed in there team:rolleyes:

Draco
05-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Nah, Heat fans thinks realastic...bulls fans think they are in a dream world:rolleyes:Bulls fans already think they have bosh and lebron signed in there team:rolleyes:

Tell that to the guy in the Heat forum who asked whether the Heat should chase John Wall. lol

kntresistheheat
05-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Tell that to the guy in the Heat forum who asked whether the Heat should chase John Wall. lol

Okay, Well I cant speak for all heat fans..lol!:p

chitownbulls
05-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Okay, Well I cant speak for all heat fans..lol!:p

LOL, i cant even speak for myself, I wanted Beasley over Rose:facepalm:

kntresistheheat
05-24-2010, 11:28 PM
lol, i cant even speak for myself, i wanted beasley over rose:facepalm:

ouch!

J$mo0th_3o5
05-24-2010, 11:53 PM
We're on the DL:shush:

ElMarroAfamado
05-25-2010, 02:48 AM
ideally lebron james goes to the heat
and wade comes to the clippers
HAHA

jackdawson
05-25-2010, 03:11 AM
I heard a rumor today that LeBron James has a friend who is a Chicago native! That friend also said LeBron actually voted for Obama because he was from Chicago!

J-Relo
05-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Lebron to Orlando!

Melo15
05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry but Joakim Noah is being vastly overrated on this forum. Hes a good young player, but not nearly as good as some of you guys are making him out to be. You act like he's one of the top big men in the game today.

effen5
05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry but Joakim Noah is being vastly overrated on this forum. Hes a good young player, but not nearly as good as some of you guys are making him out to be. You act like he's one of the top big men in the game today.

He is our MOST IMPORTANT player on the team...Not sure where he ranks in the league but he definitely reminds me of Dennis Rodman when he was with the Bulls.

arkanian215
05-25-2010, 11:20 AM
He is our MOST IMPORTANT player on the team...Not sure where he ranks in the league but he definitely reminds me of Dennis Rodman when he was with the Bulls.

Quoted.

Now who would you rather give up? Rose or Noah?

effen5
05-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Quoted.

Now who would you rather give up? Rose or Noah?

Neither. BTW, just becase Noah is our most important player doesn't make him the best player...our best player is obviously Rose which is why those two compliment each other very well.

gocubs2118
05-25-2010, 11:32 AM

Agreed. Most Bulls fans vastly overrate him. A lot of them wouldn't trade him for Bosh :facepalm:.

effen5
05-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Agreed. Most Bulls fans vastly overrate him. A lot of them wouldn't trade him for Bosh :facepalm:.

Yes we overrated him, him being out for 10 games we lost 10 straight....absolutely no correlation between the two.

BTW I would much rather have a trio of Bosh Rose and Noah then Bosh Rose ______.

oak2455
05-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Yes we overrated him, him being out for 10 games we lost 10 straight....absolutely no correlation between the two.

BTW I would much rather have a trio of Bosh Rose and Noah then Bosh Rose ______.

Overrated yes he is.....BTW I have a friend who cuts Lebrons uncles hair and he said hes coming to the Knicks:eyebrow:

effen5
05-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Well Lance Briggs told me that Brian Urlacher told him that Lebrons coming to Chi.

oak2455
05-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Well Lance Briggs told me that Brian Urlacher told him that Lebrons coming to Chi.

good one, btw if you read some of these threads its like please stop....

arkanian215
05-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Neither. BTW, just becase Noah is our most important player doesn't make him the best player...our best player is obviously Rose which is why those two compliment each other very well.

If you had to give up one, who would it be?

Isn't the most important player the one that contributes the most wins to the team?

ldc62
05-25-2010, 11:45 AM

Thats says more about the Bulls lack of depth than anything... also I assume you rather have Lebron, Noah and Rose over Bosh, Lebron and Rose?

effen5
05-25-2010, 11:48 AM
If you had to give up one, who would it be?

Isn't the most important player the one that contributes the most wins to the team?

I wouldn't give either one up unless it was for Kobe, Lebron, or Dwade.

Then I would hate to say this but give up Noah for any of those three.

effen5
05-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Thats says more about the Bulls lack of depth than anything... also I assume you rather have Lebron, Noah and Rose over Bosh, Lebron and Rose?

Obviously I would much rather have Lebron Noah and Rose. IMO (im going to get crucified for saying this) I think Bosh is a bit overrated.

As for the lack of depth, that may have been true for the 10 game losing streak but one thing that was obvious to all Bulls fans was the lack of energy and Noah just brings that energy in a heart beat. He really does remind me of Rodman.

RipVW
05-25-2010, 12:03 PM

What are you talking about?...or do you even know?

deke173
05-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Wizards are ok by me. I love your coach, wish he still coached in Detroit. Wall will really bring some game next season.

You dont care about hockey, but yet the Red Wings have more championships than all your other fav pro teams combined! :facepalm:

hugh1130
05-25-2010, 12:33 PM
You dont care about hockey, but yet the Red Wings have more championships than all your other fav pro teams combined! :facepalm:

not true for any yankee fan

footballer2369
05-25-2010, 01:27 PM

What are you talking about?? He's 100% right....

Noah isn't a top big man...He's not a top 5 center. He doesn't have some kind of crazy potential....

Very good rebounder, solid defender, good energy guy, PERIOD.

Meet Anderson Varajao+

RipVW
05-25-2010, 01:34 PM
What are you talking about?? He's 100% right....

Noah isn't a top big man...He's not a top 5 center. He doesn't have some kind of crazy potential....

Very good rebounder, solid defender, good energy guy, PERIOD.

Meet Anderson Varajao+

Ill say the same to you: What are you talking about?...or do you even know?

Southsideheat
05-25-2010, 01:34 PM
How many players average a double double every night?

Melo15
05-25-2010, 02:32 PM

I'm sorry I don't see why you guys feel that hes the type of player that will make LeBron want to leave Cleveland to come to Chicago. As it was mentioned before me LeBron already has been playing with the type of player Noah is in Varejao. Granted Noah is a better defender though. Noah is a solid rebounder and defensive player, a great role player. Yet, he is not the type of player that makes another player want to switch teams. The only advantage about joining the Bulls is really Derrick Rose and a bunch of solid role players. That is not such a bad thing either, with LeBron yes they would be a very good team. But in my opinion not much better than the Cavaliers are now, if even any better.

NYK_kidd77
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
^ im gonna say around 20.

RipVW
05-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry I don't see why you guys feel that hes the type of player that will make LeBron want to leave Cleveland to come to Chicago. As it was mentioned before me LeBron already has been playing with the type of player Noah is in Varejao. Granted Noah is a better defender though. Noah is a solid rebounder and defensive player, a great role player. Yet, he is not the type of player that makes another player want to switch teams. The only advantage about joining the Bulls is really Derrick Rose and a bunch of solid role players. That is not such a bad thing either, with LeBron yes they would be a very good team. But in my opinion not much better than the Cavaliers are now, if even any better.

So? He highly impacts winning. Thats why he's highly regarded. Beyond that, you can spare us your analysis from afar. Do you actually think youre throwing us a bone with youre better than Varejao comment? Like we havent heard that before. Like I said, he highly impacts winning. And he doesnt need to take a lot of shots to do it. Simply put, the guy is a winner. So spare us your novice analysis.

If people who follow the team dote on him, that should be your first clue that youre missing something.

violetuniverse
05-25-2010, 02:53 PM
tbh, i could care less about the playoffs. i want to get it over with. im more eger to see where lbj will go.

ecorrea
05-25-2010, 03:01 PM
to all you noah haters... he is not varjeaou 2.0. he is far from it. already a better offensive game, a much better defensive game, and a guy who plays with the fire and intensity to inspire a team. he doesnt take cheap flops, he doesnt wine about not getting calls that he obviously shouldnt have... noah is a winner and he is contagious with it.

also he is a vocal leader who is articulate and passionate when he speaks about basketball. i have never heard varaejaeo say a word...

RipVW
05-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Why is a Noah discussion being merged into a LeBron thread?

Draco
05-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Eddie (Hoboken, NJ)

Chad, great piece on the NY wooing LeBron story. Now, with all that you had said, do you think it will work?
Chad Ford
(1:04 PM)

I've been skeptical for months that he'd go to the Knicks. I think the Bulls have more talent to work with and I thought Miami could also be a great destination. But I have to say, I was pretty intrigued when I heard the full pitch. All of my sources that I have say they believe he's heading to Chicago ... but the truth is no one really knows.
Matt (Milwaukee)

We talk about Lebron so much. Any chance Wade surprises everyone and bolts for someplace else???
Chad Ford
(1:06 PM)

I think he will bolt if Miami can't land a top tier free agent. If LeBron and Bosh both go elsewhere ... he's going to be tempted to move to either Chicago or NY. With that said, I think Wade will lead the charge to convince one of those two guys to come to Miami. If they won't, I just don't see Amar'e Stoudemire or Carlos Boozer being enough to make the Heat title contenders.
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/32617

Melo15
05-25-2010, 04:54 PM
So? He highly impacts winning. Thats why he's highly regarded. Beyond that, you can spare us your analysis from afar. Do you actually think youre throwing us a bone with youre better than Varejao comment? Like we havent heard that before. Like I said, he highly impacts winning. And he doesnt need to take a lot of shots to do it. Simply put, the guy is a winner. So spare us your novice analysis.

If people who follow the team dote on him, that should be your first clue that youre missing something.

You have your beliefs and I have mine. Just because were disagreeing doesn't mean you have to try and act like a tough guy and put my opinion down. Whenever I have watched Noah play he hasn't impressed me. I have watched a good amount of Bulls games over the past two years and hes a high energy player who works harder than almost everyone but not a highly talented player.

BAMF
05-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Why is a Noah discussion being merged into a LeBron thread?
Cause Noah is the best center in the nba along with lbj being the best sf.

RipVW
05-25-2010, 06:34 PM
You have your beliefs and I have mine.

Again, its not so much me as much as its we. Like I said before, your first clue should have been what several of the people who watch him most tell you. In the Bulls forum, JB created a poll asking whether we'd rather have Noah or Bosh. While almost any Bulls fan would admit Bosh is a better player, 60% of the Bulls fans preferred to keep Noah. Before you want to say that everyone is being a homer, you should know that Bulls fans know what great basketball looks like and they know what bad basketball looks like. And theyre also some of the biggest fatalists there are.

Just because were disagreeing doesn't mean you have to try and act like a tough guy and put my opinion down.

You got called out. Thats what happens on message boards...this just in.

Whenever I have watched Noah play he hasn't impressed me. I have watched a good amount of Bulls games over the past two years and hes a high energy player who works harder than almost everyone but not a highly talented player.

None of your semantics really matter. In the end, the guy has a big impact on winning and shows up huge when the games matter most. With that in mind, your semantic tango of "not highly talented" doesnt mean squat. Its about results and showing up when it counts.

What youre saying about talent, on its face, is debatable, but again, it would be silly to go down the road youve chosen because its irrelevant.

RipVW
05-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Cause Noah is the best center in the nba along with lbj being the best sf.

Sarcasm...what a new tactic.

arkanian215
05-25-2010, 08:04 PM
So RipVW, where's that S&T w/ Deng that conceivably works? Looks like the ones you suggested before weren't appealing to the Wolves or the Wizards.

When you find one, let Paxson know.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 08:22 PM
RipVW:

Why do you get so offended at the idea that Noah isn't a GREAT player? He is what he is - great rebounder, energy guy, team defender, emotional leader. But his offensive game is limited. Not saying he sucks, but he not a great scorer. Just like you said, he "has an impact on winning." But that is true of a lot of players (Vareajo, Perkins, etc.). You seem to take the notion of him as a very good role player and not a star as an insult to him - it isn't. He is a great guy to have on a team, but he is not the type of elite player that you say he is.

chitownbulls
05-25-2010, 08:30 PM
RipVW:

Why do you get so offended at the idea that Noah isn't a GREAT player? He is what he is - great rebounder, energy guy, team defender, emotional leader. But his offensive game is limited. Not saying he sucks, but he not a great scorer. Just like you said, he "has an impact on winning." But that is true of a lot of players (Vareajo, Perkins, etc.). You seem to take the notion of him as a very good role player and not a star as an insult to him - it isn't. He is a great guy to have on a team, but he is not the type of elite player that you say he is.

Thing is with fans around the league, is that you guys don't know how badly we need this guy. Without him our team, we would be a totally different team. Thing is we don't consider as an elite player like an amare stat., but we consider him at most an elite center.

And if he is not an elite at his position he is at least better than a role player. There is a reason we are not willing to part with this guy

JNA17
05-25-2010, 08:44 PM
it's official, bulls fans have taken over this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cUa5JsXh6w

Pierzynski4Prez
05-25-2010, 09:04 PM
I would just like to know RipVW's post count before the LBJ Speculation threads began.

RipVW
05-25-2010, 09:16 PM
RipVW:

"Great" is a classification that youve created that really doesnt mean anything. I think youre lazy the way you classify things.

RipVW
05-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Thing is with fans around the league, is that you guys don't know how badly we need this guy. Without him our team, we would be a totally different team. Thing is we don't consider as an elite player like an amare stat., but we consider him at most an elite center.

And if he is not an elite at his position he is at least better than a role player. There is a reason we are not willing to part with this guy

I dont consider Amare an elite player.

I think the way people value centers is warped.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 09:48 PM
I dont consider Amare an elite player.

I think the way people value centers is warped.

I agree with that. I think in the new NBA, centers need to be defensive oriented. I had this discussion in another forum with a different Bulls fan. We discussed how people undervalue the contributions of guys like Noah, Perkins, and Vareajo because they are not superstars. I view all 3 as "championship players" (even though only Perk has an actual ring). But they are not superstars. There has to be a middle ground - a player isn't elite or garbage. Why can't we just clasify the type of player those guys are as limited in some areas but crucial to the success of their teams.

Truheatfan
05-25-2010, 09:56 PM
If the Lakers had cap space along with the rest of those teams we would be on thread 4 or 5 by now :p

lmao so true!

Dougger316
05-26-2010, 02:16 AM

Really? Do you know anything about the NBA? Ur gonna say that the Knicks have a better roster than the Bulls without D Rose and Noah? Ummm ok, well the Bulls have a better roster then the Cav's without James and Williams. Not to mention, if you watched that series you would know that the only thing keeping the Bulls from beating the Cav's was in fact James. This whole post is just rediculous.

D Roses Bulls
05-26-2010, 05:29 AM
RipVW:

noah is only 3 years into the league. calm the F down. besides.....pierce knows all about noah and it says something that the bulls wont include noah in a side and trade for bosh. every team wishes they had noah

effen5
05-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Really? Do you know anything about the NBA? Ur gonna say that the Knicks have a better roster than the Bulls without D Rose and Noah? Ummm ok, well the Bulls have a better roster then the Cav's without James and Williams. Not to mention, if you watched that series you would know that the only thing keeping the Bulls from beating the Cav's was in fact James. This whole post is just rediculous.

:laugh:

effen5
05-26-2010, 10:03 AM
tbh, i could care less about the playoffs. i want to get it over with. im more eger to see where lbj will go.

x2

This years playoffs = :sleep:

hugepatsfan
05-26-2010, 11:23 AM
noah is only 3 years into the league. calm the F down. besides.....pierce knows all about noah and it says something that the bulls wont include noah in a side and trade for bosh. every team wishes they had noah

I have already said that. Noah is a guy that every team would love to have him. But that doesn't make him a great player. It makes him a very solid role player - a very valuable part of a championship team. I think he is the perfect C to pair up w/ a PF like Bosh, because they compliment each other (offense from Bosh, rebounding/toughness from Noah).

effen5
05-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I have already said that. Noah is a guy that every team would love to have him. But that doesn't make him a great player. It makes him a very solid role player - a very valuable part of a championship team. I think he is the perfect C to pair up w/ a PF like Bosh, because they compliment each other (offense from Bosh, rebounding/toughness from Noah).

I think he is more then a solid role player but I totally agree with you with pairing Noah with Bosh.

hugepatsfan
05-26-2010, 11:39 AM
I think he is more then a solid role player but I totally agree with you with pairing Noah with Bosh.

I think that depends on your personal definition of role player vs. star vs. good player etc. I view Noah as a better offensive version of Kendrick Perkins (although Noah will never be the defender Perk is because of the size difference). To me, that is a solid role player (starter but not a main option on the team as far as stats go).

oak2455
05-26-2010, 11:39 AM

Cant wait for LBJ in a Knick Uniform:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap

fin_frenzy_84
05-26-2010, 11:47 AM
RipVW:

Dennis Rodman was not a scorer.... He is still great. Noah and Rodman's game are alike.
Im guessing becaus Rodman was not a big scorer then he is not a elite player???:facepalm:

hugepatsfan
05-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Dennis Rodman was not a scorer.... He is still great. Noah and Rodman's game are alike.
Im guessing becaus Rodman was not a big scorer then he is not a elite player???:facepalm:

Rodman was an elite player. But he was a better player than Noah. Every good rebounder is not Dennis Rodman.

I have already stated my opinion - Noah is a key piece to a championship team. But that doesn' make him elite. Just because a guy contributes to winning doesn't mean he's elite. But a guy that isn't elite isn't crap either. Noah is a good player, but not elite. That isn't a slight at him at all, and I don't understand why so many Bulls fans take it as one.

fin_frenzy_84
05-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Rodman was an elite player. But he was a better player than Noah. Every good rebounder is not Dennis Rodman.

I have already stated my opinion - Noah is a key piece to a championship team. But that doesn' make him elite. Just because a guy contributes to winning doesn't mean he's elite. But a guy that isn't elite isn't crap either. Noah is a good player, but not elite. That isn't a slight at him at all, and I don't understand why so many Bulls fans take it as one.

All im saying is Noah and Rodmans game are so much alike... Rebounding,Defense,Leader...(Although we all know who the leader of the bulls was then) I dont know what your definition of elite is but elite to me is like allstar to border allstar I say if they make it into the allstar and there is no question about him being in it then that makes him a superstar. Do you kind of understand what im saying?

hugepatsfan
05-26-2010, 12:00 PM
All im saying is Noah and Rodmans game are so much alike... Rebounding,Defense,Leader...(Although we all know who the leader of the bulls was then) I dont know what your definition of elite is but elite to me is like allstar to border allstar I say if they make it into the allstar and there is no question about him being in it then that makes him a superstar. Do you kind of understand what im saying?

I understand your point. My favorite Celtic is Perkins for the same reasons (I love intangible guys). I think our issue here is classification of players, rather than how good Noah is. That's fine because everyone has a different definition of elite, great, good, role player, etc.

The only players I consider elite are: Kobe, Dwight, Wade, Lebron, D-Will.

Great: Melo, Durant, CP3

oak2455
05-26-2010, 12:02 PM
I dont think that LBJ to the Knicks thing you said is a big deal but lay off on telling someone about Meds... Some people think its funny but some people can take it personal... I personaly dont care but im just warning you to watch out for the mods.

Gotcha I hear yah......

arkanian215
05-26-2010, 12:16 PM
lol.

Where's RadiantShot?

He's still here lol. Folks will need to remember they can't have sig bets against that guy since he doesn't keep his word.

amoore87
05-26-2010, 12:38 PM
if he does stay in clevland they NEED a big man..shaq/z contract's r up and i know they dont want either of them back

loki34
05-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Shaq contract won't put them under cap will it? What quality big are the cavs going to get with the mid-level if he does stay?

Southsideheat
05-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Cavs will be over the cap if they resign Lebron. They have zero flexibility.

clehmun
05-26-2010, 01:40 PM
i hate to compare players who play different positions, but in this case i'm comparing their roles to the team.

i think noah is like shane battier but in a C body. perfect glue guy, extremely important to a winning team, under the radar, just a difference maker.
they won't be superstars, but will compliment their stars very well.
and because noah plays C, he's a more valuable player than battier.

Southsideheat
05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
i hate to compare players who play different positions, but in this case i'm comparing their roles to the team.

i think noah is like shane battier but in a C body. perfect glue guy, extremely important to a winning team, under the radar, just a difference maker.
they won't be superstars, but will compliment their stars very well.
and because noah plays C, he's a more valuable player than battier.

I would agree with that. In today's game, there's just so much value in a guy that will do the dirty work so the star players can focus on executing. That's why the Bulls seem to be a difference maker in these sweepstakes.

RipVW
05-26-2010, 02:09 PM
I would agree with that. In today's game, there's just so much value in a guy that will do the dirty work so the star players can focus on executing. That's why the Bulls seem to be a difference maker in these sweepstakes.

Yeah, when I think of the 2nd 3 peat Bulls teams, I dont think of Jordan and Pippen. I think of Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman. Rodman deserves full acknowledgement. To me, Rodman is a superstar and probably the most underrated player in the history of the game. When you look at that second 3 peat, youre looking at the greatest scorer in the history of the game, possibly the greatest perimeter defender in the history of the game (and added with Jordan the best tandem at perimeter defense) and the best rebounder in the history of the game who was also the best at trench warfare.

With Rodman it was the rebounds, the loose balls, frustrating other players, etc. When he went to the Lakers, he made Shaqs life a lot easier. He had other problems that got in the way, but he did so much dirty work, he made life easier for others.

There's just nothing in the history of the NBA that matches that and, like I said, Rodman's presence was HUGE, especially for that style of play at that time.

I think one of the problems is that there's an outdated idea of what a center is or should be and it goes back to the 60s and 70s.

I think in terms of today's NBA, because of the rules changes, you see more 3 points shooting which means more long rebounds and Noah is really mobile for a 7 footer. The mobility that you see in this play, is also evident in chasing down longer rebounds that a lot of 7 footers have problems getting to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpgMHUHJZNU

To me, "dirtywork" is a distinct category and it goes back to seeing what Rodman brought to the table. But its something I rarely discuss with others because I know they dont value it the same way.

Robbw241
05-28-2010, 01:53 AM
There wasn't a single post in here yesterday :speechless:

asandhu23
05-28-2010, 12:39 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A band of Los Angeles Clippers fans has taken to the streets outside Staples Center to show love for LeBron James.

At least 75 Clippers fans in red-and-blue gear waved signs and chanted slogans as they marched up and down Chick Hearn Court on Thursday night in the hours before Game 5 of the Western Conference finals between the Lakers and the Phoenix Suns.

With signs displaying the No. 6, which will be James' uniform number next year, the fans chanted "We want the King!" and "L-B-J!"

Although the Clippers are a longshot in the LeBron sweepstakes after 17 losing seasons in the last 18 years, they're among a handful of NBA teams with a combination of salary cap room, a solid supporting cast and a major media market to entice James. The two-time league MVP is eligible for free agency July 1.

The march was organized through Facebook by Darrell Bailey, the self-proclaimed "Clipper Darrell" who taunts opposing teams with clever comments from the lower bowl at Staples Center. Wearing a suit with one blue leg and one red leg, Clipper Darrell marched in front of the pack, shouting through a megaphone.

"LeBron versus Kobe, four times a year!" Clipper Darrell yelled to cheers from his fellow fans.

Most Lakers fans streaming into Staples Center paid little attention to the march, although a few mumbled about disrespect from Los Angeles' perpetual second-banana franchise.

Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are expected to be back next season with the Clippers, who haven't hired a coach after the midseason dismissal of Mike Dunleavy, the winningest coach in the franchise's sorry history. Interim coach Kim Hughes is among the candidates for the full-time job, and is still working at the Clippers' training complex in Playa Vista.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/27/clippers.lebron.march.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

JNA17
05-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Most Lakers fans streaming into Staples Center paid little attention to the march, although a few mumbled about disrespect from Los Angeles' perpetual second-banana franchise.

that is all

drobe86
05-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Noah is nowhere near great. He's merely a little more than a guy. Dwight Howard is great, Noah is just ok.......

JasonJohnHorn
05-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm sure most of you have read some of the Onion's "reports" in the past, this one ranks among the best. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/president-obama-mentions-hed-like-to-see-lebron-ja,17512/

Paulliwali
05-29-2010, 01:15 PM
halirious,
i remeber first time reading the onion and thought it was real =P

Strumpy
05-29-2010, 01:16 PM
"Let's just say I think it would be in his best interest," Obama said. "And I say that purely as somebody who remembers how great it was when Michael Jordan played for the Bulls. Not at all as one of the handful of individuals on the planet who can order a deadly predator drone attack with a single telephone call. Those drones are very precise, I've found. I told LeBron as much during a conversation last week."
:laugh:
Very funny article

asandhu23
05-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Lolonion

DaBUU
05-29-2010, 01:40 PM
thats good, love the onion.

soonabooma
05-29-2010, 11:49 PM
It's time for people to quit making this dude out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Whether people like Kobe Bryant or not, they better start accepting the fact that he is the ONLY player in the league that is actually capable of playing at the level that MJ played at. When you think about the way Jordan played, it's a whole different level. Kobe continues to show that he is in that mold. Sorry folks, but James is a piece of junk compared to the Black Mamba. It's not even close.

ShakeN'Bake
05-29-2010, 11:50 PM
ok

OG "Dee" LOCc
05-29-2010, 11:51 PM
ill agree

gcoll
05-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Not really. Kobe played a fantastic series and all. It's easy to knock Lebron since his team got bumped, but Kobe's team used to get bumped pre-Gasol.

RaptorsFanatic
05-29-2010, 11:52 PM
As much as I love Kobe, please don't make threads like this, it only degrades fans like us a tad bit more on this site. It makes us look like whiny little babies.

JNA17
05-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Not really. Kobe played a fantastic series and all. It's easy to knock Lebron since his team got bumped, but Kobe's team used to get bumped pre-Gasol.

except kobe gets bumped when the lakers were the much lower seed team.

lebron get's bumped as the best team in the league for 2 straight years and get's bumped out of the playoffs in the east finals and east semi finals, not even making the finals.

JNA17
05-29-2010, 11:54 PM
anyway, thread won't last long, and it will get ugly. so please lock

fredo832
05-29-2010, 11:55 PM
As much as I love Kobe, please don't make threads like this, it only degrades fans like us a tad bit more on this site. It makes us look like whiny little babies.

I totally agree with you bro I think this thread will get closed and the reason will be cause it will only start a baiting problem. I hope the Mods are awake to close this thread.

Montana_Rob
05-29-2010, 11:56 PM

lebron get's bumped as the best team in the league for 2 straight years and get's bumped out of the playoffs in the east finals and east semi finals, not even making the finals.

excellent point. Kobes team got bumped when smush parker and kwame brown were starting :facepalm:

gcoll
05-29-2010, 11:56 PM

Eh. Playoffs are a small sample size.

Just do a thought experiment. Exchange Lebron and Kobe. With Kobe instead of Lebron, do the Cavs have the best record in the East? With Lebron instead of Kobe do the Lakers have the best record in the West?

basketfan4life
05-29-2010, 11:57 PM
I totally agree with you bro I think this thread will get closed and the reason will be cause it will only start a baiting problem. I hope the Mods are awake to close this thread.
you are right, bu dude has a point too..

RapOZo
in before closed

JNA17
excellent point. Kobes team got bumped when smush parker and kwame brown were starting :facepalm:

don't forget sometimes brian cook when lamar odom get's injured. and during that time, odom got injured A LOT. and of course, as much as i like him at the bench, but starting.....

luke walton :facepalm:

AsiandudePH
05-29-2010, 11:58 PM

This.

Bron Bron's still the futures of the league. But yeah, people should give credit where credit is due.

Kobe said he feels physically more healthy as the playoffs goes on thus playing better (or playing like he should have been if not for his injuries). LeBron and Kobe plays differently, but talking about basketball skill-wise and the will to win no one can compare to Kobe.

soonabooma
05-29-2010, 11:58 PM

I knew somebody would say this....but I stand by what I say. I'm completely neutral, I'm an OKC guy, I don't have an emotional attachment to anybody, and I don't have any allegiance to anybody except my own team and my guys. I'm telling the truth, Bryant is STILL the better player. I'll take him over Lebron any day of the week. Lebron is very gifted athlete, but he's more of a gimmick than people want to admit. I'll take the Black Mamba.:cool:

LakerKB24Fan
05-29-2010, 11:59 PM

Just do a thought experiment. Exchange Lebron and Kobe. With Kobe instead of Lebron, do the Cavs have the best record in the East? With Lebron instead of Kobe do the Lakers have the best record in the West?

but would'nt you say that the Lakers are built around Kobe and Cavs are built around Lebron. So swaping players would'nt make sense

JNA17
05-29-2010, 11:59 PM

no and no. If you actually think it's that simple for any player to just switch teams like that without even a 2nd thought about how the 2 teams work and system, the teammates, how the teammates play, coach, etc. Your out of your mind.

With all due respect, you need to do a thought experiment.

lakersrock
05-30-2010, 12:00 AM

Ummmm yeah.

West > East

Smush < Mo
Vlad < West
Odom > Jamison
Kwame < Z/Varejao

Walton/Cook < Parker/Hickson

LeBron is in the easier conference and had a MUCH, MUCH better team than Kobe. New argument time....

jeter 2
05-30-2010, 12:36 AM
This is not a Kobe vs Lebron thread. I think Lebron has to win a few to reach the level of Kobe. I think the best way for Lebron James to reach that level is if he leaves. I think the best place for him to win 4-5 championships is New York. They could add another superstar along with him. If they do not win a championship next year, they have the cap space to get another star player like Carmelo Anthony or Tony Parker. I believe no team currently could provide such security. People act like the Knicks have nobody. However Gallinari and Chandler are both good young players. Douglass averaged 12 points and 3 assists. If they can add a quality center for the midlevel exception (Shaq maybe), I think that would be a top 3 team in the league. Like I said again, if this team fails to win next year, they would be in the market for a star the following year. Thoughts?

christexaport
05-30-2010, 07:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-freeagency-100529/lebron-combo-edition

Notice who is number three...

Chill_Will_24
05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
This is not a Kobe vs Lebron thread. I think Lebron has to win a few to reach the level of Kobe. I think the best way for Lebron James to reach that level is if he leaves. I think the best place for him to win 4-5 championships is New York. They could add another superstar along with him. If they do not win a championship next year, they have the cap space to get another star player like Carmelo Anthony or Tony Parker. I believe no team currently could provide such security. People act like the Knicks have nobody. However Gallinari and Chandler are both good young players. Douglass averaged 12 points and 3 assists. If they can add a quality center for the midlevel exception (Shaq maybe), I think that would be a top 3 team in the league. Like I said again, if this team fails to win next year, they would be in the market for a star the following year. Thoughts?

Says the guy who dissed the Cavs fans by going in their forum and making a thread telling them all his idiotic reasons why Lebron will be a Knick... And you make less sense now than you did then. Your singing the same song, Chandler is good... Gallinari has been praised by Carmelo... NY is the mecca... you really need to stop man. Bulls have more talent in Rose than your whole Knicks squad. And my Nets arent far behind

_KB24_
05-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Well, this involves Lebron in way kind of.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2RqyV8cBis

fin_frenzy_84
05-31-2010, 12:17 AM
Well, this involves Lebron in way kind of.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2RqyV8cBis

Shoot I forgot about the boss's daughter!!!!!! :D

jeter 2
05-31-2010, 12:32 AM
Says the guy who dissed the Cavs fans by going in their forum and making a thread telling them all his idiotic reasons why Lebron will be a Knick... And you make less sense now than you did then. Your singing the same song, Chandler is good... Gallinari has been praised by Carmelo... NY is the mecca... you really need to stop man. Bulls have more talent in Rose than your whole Knicks squad. And my Nets arent far behind

I only talk because you only make me look smarter. ;) I think the fact that we can get 2 superstars makes us a competitor. I was right about Cleveland. Their supporting cast was not good enough. The fact that the Nets have talent close to the Bulls is ludicrous. I did not say Rose was bad. I am just saying the Knicks cap situation and supporting cast makes them the favorite.

netsgiantsyanks
05-31-2010, 12:38 AM
this thread says the official LEBRON JAMES fa speculation thread so stop the ******** with kobe vs. lebron its getting annoying

netsgiantsyanks
05-31-2010, 12:41 AM
I only talk because you only make me look smarter. ;) I think the fact that we can get 2 superstars makes us a competitor. I was right about Cleveland. Their supporting cast was not good enough. The fact that the Nets have talent close to the Bulls is ludicrous. I did not say Rose was bad. I am just saying the Knicks cap situation and supporting cast makes them the favorite.

but when you sign 2 max free agents, what are you going to do with the other 6 remaining spots on your team? just shut up please

jeter 2
05-31-2010, 12:48 AM
but when you sign 2 max free agents, what are you going to do with the other 6 remaining spots on your team? just shut up please

Well I think the notion that he would go to Newark for 2 years is ridiculous. If they were going to Brooklyn this year, I think the Nets would discussed. Newark is purgatory. I mean you are saying that Lebron and signing David with the left over cap space will put over the top. You must be crazy.

Those 5 remaining will be taken up by 3 players with the veterans minimum and 2 second round picks. There could be some talent with the veterans minimum. Its rumored that Shaq could had at the veterans, Grant Hill and Shaun Livingston. Don't forget that the Knicks will be under the cap in 2011 so the rumors will just keep happening next year.

Chill_Will_24
05-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Well I think the notion that he would go to Newark for 2 years is ridiculous. If they were going to Brooklyn this year, I think the Nets would discussed. Newark is purgatory. I mean you are saying that Lebron and signing David with the left over cap space will put over the top. You must be crazy.

Those 5 remaining will be taken up by 3 players with the veterans minimum and 2 second round picks. There could be some talent with the veterans minimum. Its rumored that Shaq could had at the veterans, Grant Hill and Shaun Livingston. Don't forget that the Knicks will be under the cap in 2011 so the rumors will just keep happening next year.

Your just a another media puppet. Answer me these questions:

1- Why? I mean WHY? is Newark purgatory? The Prudential Center just opened in 07 and its a state of the art facility. Newark is the larget city in NJ and its within minutes of NYC and all the richest neighborhoods in NJ. I keep hearing that Newark is purgatory stuff that tools repeat because it sounds cool.

2- When has Lebron EVER said ANYTHING about him not liking any particular city? What are you like the Lebron mind reader? What do you know about what Lebron likes and dislikes?

3- You say Lebron will come to NY because you can offer him another max guy. What if you cant get that first max, how you gonna get Lebron then? You say you can fill out the rest of your roster with veteran minimums, but what makes you think any quality veterans will go there? You are not the only team with CAP and not every FA wants to come to NY.

4- You really think the Nets wont be over the top with David Lee and Lebron? Hypothetically

PG Devin Harris
SG Courtney Lee
SF Lebron James
PF David Lee
C Brook Lopez

plus Terrence Williams, Derrick Favors, Chris Douglas Roberts, and the rest of their guys

This team is a deep playoff team. Maybe even a contender. I think its safe to say that the Nets are way better than their 12 wins. Most of their losses were by 10 points or less. Some were by buzzer beaters. They had no coach. Only fools see a 12 win team in the Nets. Im not saying we are getting Lebron or that we are the front runners. Im saying were better than the Knicks, our talent is not far behind the Bulls and we shouldnt be dismissed in the Lebron talk.

jeter 2
05-31-2010, 01:25 AM

1- Why? I mean WHY? is Newark purgatory? The Prudential Center just opened in 07 and its a state of the art facility. Newark is the larget city in NJ and its within minutes of NYC and all the richest neighborhoods in NJ. I keep hearing that Newark is purgatory stuff that tools repeat because it sounds cool.

2- When has Lebron EVER said ANYTHING about him not liking any particular city? What are you like the Lebron mind reader? What do you know about what Lebron likes and dislikes?

3- You say Lebron will come to NY because you can offer him another max guy. What if you cant get that first max, how you gonna get Lebron then? You say you can fill out the rest of your roster with veteran minimums, but what makes you think any quality veterans will go there? You are not the only team with CAP and not every FA wants to come to NY.

4- You really think the Nets wont be over the top with David Lee and Lebron? Hypothetically

PG Devin Harris
SG Courtney Lee
SF Lebron James
PF David Lee
C Brook Lopez

plus Terrence Williams, Derrick Favors, Chris Douglas Roberts, and the rest of their guys

This team is a deep playoff team. Maybe even a contender. I think its safe to say that the Nets are way better than their 12 wins. Most of their losses were by 10 points or less. Some were by buzzer beaters. They had no coach. Only fools see a 12 win team in the Nets. Im not saying we are getting Lebron or that we are the front runners. Im saying were better than the Knicks, our talent is not far behind the Bulls and we shouldnt be dismissed in the Lebron talk.

1. I've been to Newark. There is nothing special about it. Also look at the ratings when you made the finals. They were awful. The Nets do not have a strong fan base and they have difficulty filling up their arena. The Knicks were fourth in attendance with a bad team. Also you proved my point

2- I just wonder how much time Lebron spends in Newark.

3-I did not say that every free agent wants to go New York.Like Wade, I think he would prefer to stay in Miami. However, New York is on Bosh's list.

4- I think you proved my point. They may be a contender. Lebron has to go to a team that will be a contender. If the Nets do not vastly improve from their 12 win season, I think that is an embarrassment in itself.

Personally I think the Nets are a tough sell. The city, the support and their 12 win season does hurt their chances. I know that you are very high on your team, but they were awful. They also did have a real coach under Frank for some time and how did that turn out?

Sixerlover
05-31-2010, 01:30 AM

Doesn't mean much when NYC, Chicago and Miami are also in the running. Newark is like Cleveland in that it isn't an attractive city to play for.

ProdigyI
05-31-2010, 01:51 AM
The LeBron to Chicago Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf1bQ6klpAA

Chill_Will_24
05-31-2010, 12:15 PM
1. I've been to Newark. There is nothing special about it. Also look at the ratings when you made the finals. They were awful. The Nets do not have a strong fan base and they have difficulty filling up their arena. The Knicks were fourth in attendance with a bad team. Also you proved my point

2- I just wonder how much time Lebron spends in Newark.

3-I did not say that every free agent wants to go New York.Like Wade, I think he would prefer to stay in Miami. However, New York is on Bosh's list.

4- I think you proved my point. They may be a contender. Lebron has to go to a team that will be a contender. If the Nets do not vastly improve from their 12 win season, I think that is an embarrassment in itself.

Personally I think the Nets are a tough sell. The city, the support and their 12 win season does hurt their chances. I know that you are very high on your team, but they were awful. They also did have a real coach under Frank for some time and how did that turn out?

The Nets are a tough sell? Our selling point is players we already have and will have thru the draft. Your selling point is players your HOPING to get. And the city play for. How stupid is that? The Bulls, Clips and Nets all offer him talent. The Knicks offer him the possibility of joining with another player and some scrubs.

I dont care if Lebron doesnt spend any time in Newark. I would either if i had that type of money. I dont care if he lives i NYC like the New Jersey Devils do, or Richard Jefferson and JKidd did when they played here. Whats that gotta do with him playing his home games here? Hes within minutes of NYC. He can have the city whenever he wants without ever playing for the Knicks. Lighting up the garden for 60 points is one thing. Playing there full time with the pressure of winning all around him is something no one would want. Your team is on Boshs list because he want to follow Lebron wherever he goes. He believes all the BS that the media is putting out so CHI and NY are two of his preferences. But when did Lebron ever say he would follow Bosh wherever he goes? When did Lebron say that he believes he and Bosh could win it all? Bosh would definitely jump on the Knicks if Lebron goes there, but will Lebron do the same just because Bosh is there? Even with Bosh on your team the Bulls have more talent than you.

And like i said only idiots see a 12win team in the Nets. Injuries, inept coach, more injuries, and game winning buzzer beaters... i mean most of their losses were by 10pts or less. They were always in it... with no coach! Plus Devin Harris was never fully healthy. Groin injuries suck when your a basketball player because they take so long to fully heal. This team is easily a 25-30 win team barring injuries. Add in a good coach and we could have been better. But no matter because we now have a top 3 pick and can take Favors who is nearly identical to Dwight Howard in measurements and is just as athletic with his bust potential being only Al Horford.

Also Lawrence Frank got a raw deal. He had four starters out with injuries and a bunch of young players they got thru trade that were still learning the system. Then crazy game winners by great players. He shouldnt have been fired

christexaport
05-31-2010, 12:41 PM

PG Devin Harris
SG Courtney Lee
SF Lebron James
PF David Lee
C Brook Lopez

Its a nice squad, but too young to win now. Not enough experience winning. Dallas and Chicago could offer better squads, and Dirk and Rose are better than any two players on the Nets. Just my opinion.

But that team is good, just three years from now. That'll be halfway through his contract. Dallas allows him to win TODAY.

baller1532
05-31-2010, 12:53 PM
if anybody's wondering, this post is # 2467

Chill_Will_24
05-31-2010, 01:01 PM
How the heck did Dallas get into the Lebron picture? Are there any breaking news that i missed? I respect your opinion and your entitled to it, but you of all fans should know about Devin Harris. He was plagued by a groin injury. He is almost as good as Rose and while Dirk was at one point a superstar he is old and not as potent. Brook Lopez is a top 2 center in the east. You cant say that either Dirk or Rose is better than any two players on the Nets. That was just a pityful attempt at plugging in your team into the Lebron talk

Squad13
05-31-2010, 01:44 PM

Smush Parker
Kobe Bryant
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown

That was the starting line up, with nobody good coming off the bench. Its amazing they made the playoffs in the west.

the nightman
05-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Smush Parker
Kobe Bryant
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown

That was the starting line up, with nobody good coming off the bench. Its amazing they made the playoffs in the west.

almost as amazing as lebron making the finals with the team he had in 06-07

Bearsfan54
05-31-2010, 02:12 PM
LeBron will always be compared to MJ it does not matter where he Plays!!!! That's the only "reason"'people think he won't go to the bulls lmao... Haters

Dieselpi
05-31-2010, 04:58 PM
yes he will be compared to jordan no matter where he goes, there is no disputing that
just like kobe draws comparisons

but if he were to go to the bulls, anything less than 6+ rings and he will never live it down

abe_froman
05-31-2010, 05:12 PM
yes he will be compared to jordan no matter where he goes, there is no disputing that
just like kobe draws comparisons

but if he were to go to the bulls, anything less than 6+ rings and he will never live it down

not really,no one is expecting him to win 6+,just have at least 1

except maybe ny,i saw a shop creation where he had like 8 banners to his name from his time there

RaysFan
05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
So is the consensus pretty much that he is done with Cleveland? I haven't been paying much attention to all this crap but it sounds like Cleveland is pretty much completely out. The media doesn't even mention LeBron to the Cavs anymore. I was listening to Mike and Mike a few days ago driving to a meeting and they spent an hour talking about where LeBron would go and they didn't mention Cleveland once.

OT Thriller
05-31-2010, 05:45 PM
How the heck did Dallas get into the Lebron picture? Are there any breaking news that i missed? I respect your opinion and your entitled to it, but you of all fans should know about Devin Harris. He was plagued by a groin injury. He is almost as good as Rose and while Dirk was at one point a superstar he is old and not as potent. Brook Lopez is a top 2 center in the east. You cant say that either Dirk or Rose is better than any two players on the Nets. That was just a pityful attempt at plugging in your team into the Lebron talk

Are you arguing that Dirk is worse than Devin Harris? I know everyone wants Lebron but lets not get carried away here.

Squad13
05-31-2010, 06:03 PM

Child please, they were much better than those turds. And the East was very weak

dbeastly
05-31-2010, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX-zzQs0aks

6:12 Lebron say's "LET'S" close it out.

ecorrea
05-31-2010, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX-zzQs0aks

6:12 Lebron say's "LET'S" close it out.

so? hes talking about his cavs team... what relevance does this have to bron free agency.

i always see you in the bulls forums telling bulls posters to basically get real about all the lebron to chi hype, and then you post stuff like this... lol

ldc62
05-31-2010, 06:25 PM

get out of here.... that Lakers team was garbage. Kwame Brown and Smush started... enough said.

ldc62
05-31-2010, 06:27 PM

Since when? Hes a good center but lets not start proclaiming everything. Dwight and Bogut are better than him. Also Devin Harris is not better than Dirk or Rose, neither is Brook.

Squad13
05-31-2010, 06:31 PM
get out of here.... that Lakers team was garbage. Kwame Brown and Smush started... enough said.

Don't forget Puke Walton

Chill_Will_24
05-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Since when? Hes a good center but lets not start proclaiming everything. Dwight and Bogut are better than him. Also Devin Harris is not better than Dirk or Rose, neither is Brook.

Learn to read man. Some idiot said that Dirk is better than any two Nets. And that Rose is better than any two Nets. Thats just disrespectful.

Rose is not that much better than Harris. Hes better but he doesnt outclass him.

Dirk is a great player but hes not better than any two players om the Nets.

And the whole Brook vs Bogut thing is debatable. Bogut was on a good team. Lopez was on a bad team with no help because not till the end of the year did Devin Harris start getting healthy. Which by the way was when we put up the most wins. Around the time Harris started bouncing back from his groin injury we were still struggling to get 8 wins

Dieselpi
05-31-2010, 07:36 PM
not really,no one is expecting him to win 6+,just have at least 1

except maybe ny,i saw a shop creation where he had like 8 banners to his name from his time there

so winning one championship in chicago will help him step out of mjs shadow and surpass him?

my point is if he goes to chicago, whatever he does he will always be in the shadow of mj, and rightfully so.

realistic ny fans would be happy with one after the decade of garbage that has been paraded through the garden.

jeter 2
05-31-2010, 07:48 PM
so winning one championship in chicago will help him step out of mjs shadow and surpass him?

my point is if he goes to chicago, whatever he does he will always be in the shadow of mj, and rightfully so.

realistic ny fans would be happy with one after the decade of garbage that has been paraded through the garden.

Well I just want to point out that there are question marks whether the combination of Derrick Rose and Lebron will work. I think if you look at Kobe. Do you think that a great point guard would have a better effect on the Lakers that Pau Gasol? Lebron does play like a point guard. I think the biggest thing he needs is a big man.

arkanian215
05-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Well I just want to point out that there are question marks whether the combination of Derrick Rose and Lebron will work. I think if you look at Kobe. Do you think that a great point guard would have a better effect on the Lakers that Pau Gasol? Lebron does play like a point guard. I think the biggest thing he needs is a big man.

yeah I think that's what every championship team needs. jamison, varejao, z and shaq are nice but can they be your go to guys if LeBron isn't having a good night? Looks like they couldn't back him up this past playoff series vs the celtics.

Chill_Will_24
05-31-2010, 08:06 PM
yeah I think that's what every championship team needs. jamison, varejao, z and shaq are nice but can they be your go to guys if LeBron isn't having a good night? Looks like they couldn't back him up this past playoff series vs the celtics.

Brook Lopez and Derrick Favors anyone??? Im just sayin...

Dieselpi
05-31-2010, 08:15 PM
a pg isnt a glaring need when you have a guy like lebron who handles the ball as much as he does, he needs a big man and a decent shooter to kick it out to.

arkanian215
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
a pg isnt a glaring need when you have a guy like lebron who handles the ball as much as he does, he needs a big man and a decent shooter to kick it out to.

It's a bonus if you have a good pg though, or at least someone else who can create off the dribble for you. We saw how ineffective LeBron and the Cavs were when he didn't have it going. We had to watch AP try to create a shot for himself...god.

dbeastly
05-31-2010, 10:13 PM
so? hes talking about his cavs team... what relevance does this have to bron free agency.

i always see you in the bulls forums telling bulls posters to basically get real about all the lebron to chi hype, and then you post stuff like this... lol

I can't tell if you are ******** or not from this post. Really he's talking about his Cavs team when he tells Wade "Let's close it out"?...Because he made it sound like he was playing with Wade when he said that. My point wasn't to go crazy like you Bull's fans over Lebron calling Rose. It was me simply pointing out that from this video, it doesn't look like ego would be a problem with either one of them playing together.

Nets fan 93
05-31-2010, 10:25 PM
the Nets have a lot of pieces that Bron sould consider.
Lee: A nice shooter(sometimes) and a perimeter defender.
Yi: Still young, getting better and stronger every summer.
Favors: Rebounding beast, very athletic.
Lopez: 2nd best TRUE center in the East.
Harris: was an allstar when he had help around him. Good slasher, extremely fast, good at getting to the line.
Williams- Plays similar to LeBron.. would be a nice sixth man in the League.
CDR: good scorer( has a big mouth though)
Chris Quinn-JK

The Nets also have a rich owner who is willing to spen money, and expects the Nets to be in the finals in 2 seasons. He has the money to get the type of players. who knows? The owner that owns the smallest part of the Nets (JayZ) is one of LeBrons better friends... Who knows?

More talent the knicks imo. I dont see why he would go to Chi... it would ruin his legacy.

Dieselpi
05-31-2010, 10:29 PM
the fact that the nets owner is loaded and willing to spend is made to be a bigger deal than it should be, there is a cap in place. If this were baseball that would be a much larger issue where he could spend to no end.

xxxplicit69
05-31-2010, 10:35 PM
All 3 of the threads should be talking about Lebron coming to Chicago. :smoking:

Ny3r97
05-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Lebron to the Knicks. Because he can make the biggest name in New York and if he goes to chicago he may never be as good as Jordan so then he isn't even the best ever on the bulls

td0tsfinest
05-31-2010, 10:42 PM
According to an Economist from the University of Illinois, Lebron could bring upto $2 Billion dollars to the Chicago market if he signs with bulls.

:shrug:

D1JM
05-31-2010, 11:00 PM
wow the bulls should just retire their franchise cuz everyone will be in the shadow of MJ. What coach wants to be in the shadow of Phil Jackson winning six championships or what coach wants to be in the shadow of Vinny Del Negro's hair?

Cubsfan365
05-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Enlighten me...what great big man did Michael Jordan have?

Chill_Will_24
05-31-2010, 11:34 PM
the Nets have a lot of pieces that Bron sould consider.
Lee: A nice shooter(sometimes) and a perimeter defender.
Yi: Still young, getting better and stronger every summer.
Favors: Rebounding beast, very athletic.
Lopez: 2nd best TRUE center in the East.
Harris: was an allstar when he had help around him. Good slasher, extremely fast, good at getting to the line.
Williams- Plays similar to LeBron.. would be a nice sixth man in the League.
CDR: good scorer( has a big mouth though)
Chris Quinn-JK

The Nets also have a rich owner who is willing to spen money, and expects the Nets to be in the finals in 2 seasons. He has the money to get the type of players. who knows? The owner that owns the smallest part of the Nets (JayZ) is one of LeBrons better friends... Who knows?

More talent the knicks imo. I dont see why he would go to Chi... it would ruin his legacy.

Your just setting yourself up for bashing. Im with you but 60% of this forum are Knicks and Bulls fans. The fact that the media is promoting CHI and NY so bad dont help either

Ny3r97
05-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Lebron to the Knicks. Because he can make the biggest name in New York

christexaport
06-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Lebron to the Knicks. Because he can make the biggest name in New York

Yeah, like all those other Knicks stars did. Allan Houston, Ewing, Starks, etc...

LeBron's name is already big! Probably the biggest in the NBA. He doesn't need NY's help growing that part being the face of the NBA right now. From what I see, you can build that name in any top ten media market, especially if you win.

LeBron wants to win first. He won't care about love if he's losing, I promise.

christexaport
06-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Dirk and Rose are better than any two players on the Nets. Just my opinion.

I meant THOSE TWO GUYS are better than any pair on the Nets, not individually. But honestly, Dirk is almost as valuable as Harris and Lopez together, and definitely more than Harris and any other Net. He does more for his team and has results. The others haven't proven they can win in a featured position. Dirk has for a decade.

arkanian215
06-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Enlighten me...what great big man did Michael Jordan have?

I'd say the league is a bit different from when MJ played. Look at the past ten years. Pretty much the only similarities are that they all had "dominant" bigmen (except Detroit) and HOF coaches (except Doc).

jeter 2
06-01-2010, 01:03 AM
I'd say the league is a bit different from when MJ played. Look at the past ten years. Pretty much the only similarities are that they all had "dominant" bigmen (except Detroit) and HOF coaches (except Doc).

Thank You! Jordan had a hall of fame coach. The Knicks have the best coach among the teams with significant cap room.

Lord Leoshes
06-01-2010, 01:44 AM

Technically, that doesn't apply till Wade opts out, so for now Wade is still property of the Miami Heat franchise, & when you comparing who has the biggest star today between MIA/CHI, it would be Wade, & Miami.;)

+ with Wade leading the recruiting party, it is pretty clear where his heart is.

D1JM
06-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Thank You! Jordan had a hall of fame coach. The Knicks have the best coach among the teams with significant cap room.

d antoni aint no future hall of fame coach

jackdawson
06-01-2010, 02:51 AM
I just had a dream where LeBron James said in an interview that he likes oprah winfrey's show!!!

ldc62
06-01-2010, 03:00 AM
How many more days til free agency finally begins?

D1JM
06-01-2010, 03:15 AM
I just had a dream where LeBron James said in an interview that he likes oprah winfrey's show!!!

he likes her billion dollars not her show

arkanian215
06-01-2010, 07:23 AM

Three of the teams, don't even have a coach yet (NJ, LA and CHI), so it's a race between Spoelstra and D'Antoni. Not much of a contest but you're right.

DitchDat
06-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Anyone hear the song? It's called "I Am The Man"
http://www.zshare.net/audio/76757641443755bd/

Jadakiss:
Come to the city where the ball drops at on new year /
You win one chip, it's like you won two here /
You love playin in the Garden, you run through there /
Just picture LeBron in the orange and blue gear /
Champion soon to be, bigger exposure /
More opportunities, that's between you and me /
No more Mr. Nice Guy, billboards, life size /
Jersey sales through the roof, sneakers, likewise /
Right now, the city is all yours /
You don't have to thank me, nah, just bank me /
And your favorite baseball team is the Yankees /
Frankly, I know you debatin',
I just wanna let you know you got NYC just waitin', patient

Uncle Murda:
Ain't nothin' like playin' at the Garden /
LeBron, you a star, but New York is a different level of stardom /
You go hard in the mutha****in' paint /
You the truth, but the Cavaliers ain't /
Tell Cleveland you never comin' back /
Their city ain't bright enough, keep their contract /
I can see you in New York doin' ya thing /
With Stoudemire or Bosh, we gon' get you that ring /
Yeah, we got money to play with /
Just spoke to Obama, he said the Knicks is who you should play with /
New York, New York, the new home of LeBron James /
Spike Lee and Jay-Z at all the home games /
Chris Lighty, P-Diddy, 50, we all in /
Showin' you mad love, woulda thought you was born here /
If I ain't convince you to come to New York yet,
it's all good, go sign with the Brooklyn Nets /

Brisco
Welcome to the home of Versace, T's and mahi-mahi /
Dan Marino gone, it's the city of Pat Riley /
I think it's the city, you should call it ya home /
Just know that money long, and you can take ya time /
Headed to the Finals, everybody packin up /
I can see him in Miami now ...

Mikey Rocks
You need a ring on ya finger? Come to Chicago /
We will trade Deng, everyday same thang /
Wake up a King, get ya name on the Sears Tower /
It's Mike, Money ain't a thing for a super power /
Cleveland just ain't it, Miami got a nice beach /
NY is filthy, unite us in the box seats /
This is where champs get made, if you a King come play,
just no more rings for L-A

Nipsey Hussle
... LA State of Mind, but I ain't talkin Nipsey
I just want the trophy, and y'all should want it with me /
So I'm on my way to Staples, tell the Cavs they can clip me /
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To make this a thread:
what kind of effect will all the public pitches have? We have had songs, marches, local politicians making pitches... entire cities are trying hard to get LeBron. Will it even matter or will he go where the money is?

king4day
06-01-2010, 10:52 AM
The Heat and Clippers ones are just gross. But they are all desperate sounding.

Skullduggery
06-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Id like to see him with the Kings : )

Wade_County
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
LeBron James told Larry King the Cavaliers have an edge in re-signing him this summer.
"Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years," James said. "And, you know, for me, it's comfortable. So I've got a lot of memories here. And - and so it does have an edge." This is about as much information as you can plan on getting out of LeBron prior to July 1, but you can watch the whole interview on Friday night. Jun. 1 - 3:43 pm et
Source: CNN.com

RNess78c
06-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Smoke Screen he's gettin his ring in MIA Watch MIA S&T Beasley and jones and there 1st round pick to the Raptors for Bosh! and watch everybody jump on the MIA bandwagon

KnicksorBust
06-01-2010, 05:45 PM
**LATEST UPDATE** I heard LeBron was having french fries for lunch today.

And you know where French Fries come from right? FRANCE.

And you know whose from France right? TONY PARKER

And you know whose teammates with Tony Parker right? TIM DUNCAN

And you know what tattoo Tim Duncan has right? MERLIN THE WIZARD

And you know what Merlin the Wizard does for a living? MAGIC

And you know what team Magic Johnson played for? THE LAKERS

And you know whose the best player on the Lakers? KOBE BRYANT

And you know where Kobe Bryant lived when he was 6? ITALY.

And you know who else is from Italy? DANILO GALLINARI

And you know what team Danilo Gallinari plays for? THE NEW YORK KNICKS!

Looks like he gave it away. LeBron to the Knicks! Someone tweet me if they see what type of toilet paper Dwyane Wade uses. I want to see if they are coming to NY together.

hugepatsfan
06-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Looks like he gave it away. LeBron to the Knicks! Someone tweet me if they see what type of toilet paper Dwyane Wade uses. I want to see if they are coming to NY together.

We could learn a lesson from you. You have a great ability to connect the dots.

Sadds The Gr8
06-01-2010, 10:36 PM

lol wow...clever connections

RipVW
06-01-2010, 11:44 PM
LeBron James told Larry King the Cavaliers have an edge in re-signing him this summer.
"Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years," James said. "And, you know, for me, it's comfortable. So I've got a lot of memories here. And - and so it does have an edge." This is about as much information as you can plan on getting out of LeBron prior to July 1, but you can watch the whole interview on Friday night. Jun. 1 - 3:43 pm et
Source: CNN.com

He also said that Clevelands economy cant factor into his decision and that having a chance at winning multiple titles is his biggest priority.

jeter 2
06-02-2010, 12:12 AM
He also said in the interview:

He also plans to meet with Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and others in a star-studded summit of free agents to talk about their future plans.

“I am the ringleader,” James told King.

"But at the same time, it’s not always about the city. It’s about winning. If you put me and Bosh on the same team, if you put me and Dwayne Wade on the same team, a lot of teams would be much better."

Lets not start saying he is going back to Cleveland now.

Sadds The Gr8
06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aky4iKUaIOAOA6cljp7UmsVShgM6?slug=ap-mealsforlebron

CLEVELAND (AP)—One of the Cavaliers’ most famous fans is hoping the way to LeBron James’(notes) heart is through his stomach.

Cleveland native Michael Symon, one of Food Network’s Iron Chefs, has offered to go to James’ house once a month and cook a meal for the MVP’s family and friends if he re-signs as a free agent with the Cavaliers. Symon posted a letter to James on his Facebook page.

Symon thanked James for all he has done for the city and urged him to follow his heart when making his decision. Symon also pointed out that some legendary athletes—Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Jim Brown, Bill Russell and Michael Jordan — created their legacies primarily with one team.

how desperate are these people? I dunno about u guys but this is the most desperation I have ever seen in a city

Southsideheat
06-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I love Lebron, but does he have any intention to develop a post game? With his size and quickness, it's embarrasing that he doesn't have a semblance of one.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 01:58 PM
I love Lebron, but does he have any intention to develop a post game? With his size and quickness, it's embarrasing that he doesn't have a semblance of one.

Its probably due in large part to having to handle the ball too much.