PDA

View Full Version : Change the Face of the Detroit Pistons?

DetroitsYear
05-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Pistons should be looking to move up in the draft. They have a very nice opportunity in front of them. They need to change the face of the franchise and by doin that they would need to look to get rid of Tayshaun Prince's expiring contract and Richard Hamilton's long contract that shouldn't of been made. If they offered the 76ers Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince along with 7th pick in the 1st round for Elton Brand and there 2nd pick in the draft. Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince's contract would cancel out Elton Brands contract and we would bring Evan Turner to Detroit. Stuckey, Turner, Jerebko, Brand, or Villanueva or Wallace at the 5. I think this would change the face of the pistons for the better. What do you guys think? And thats not even considering that Dumars might be thinking about going and grabbing a SF or C in the Free Agency.

OT Thriller
05-21-2010, 04:16 PM
If the numbers agree, I like the idea for the pistons, not so much for the sixers though.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I just don't get it why in the hell they signed gordon and villanueva

both got 5 year mega contracts with freaking player options....for god sake:facepalm:

Isiah syndrome???

gmm902
05-21-2010, 04:46 PM
the 76's are getting the bad deal. they want cap space thats why they are offering elton who has a huge contract. the 76's are more likely wanting to land a star player it seems than building around a potential star in a rookie.

fadedmario
05-21-2010, 04:54 PM
A realistic deal is

Detroit - Prince (expiring contract), Wilcox (expiring contract), (maybe Maxiell instead of Wilcox), 1st round 7th pick, 2nd round 7th pick

Philly - Brand, 1st round 2nd pick

Detroit might even have to throw in a future lottery-protected 1st round pick. This is a realistic approach to a trade with Philly.

Sports Illustrator
05-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I don't even think they are that bad. All they need to do is find a new coach, start Ben Gordon and have him be the number 1 option of Pistons. Then try trading Hamilton for younger pieces, perhaps for a solid front-court player.

SteveNash
05-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Detroit would be foolish to give up Rip and Tayshaun to take on another huge contract and move up 5 places in the draft.

Turner isn't that good.

ChiSox219
05-21-2010, 08:04 PM
A realistic deal is

Detroit - Prince (expiring contract), Wilcox (expiring contract), (maybe Maxiell instead of Wilcox), 1st round 7th pick, 2nd round 7th pick

Philly - Brand, 1st round 2nd pick

Detroit might even have to throw in a future lottery-protected 1st round pick. This is a realistic approach to a trade with Philly.

:clap:, this is a solid baseline for any deal the two teams would make.

Detroit would be foolish to give up Rip and Tayshaun to take on another huge contract and move up 5 places in the draft.

Turner isn't that good.

Hamilton and Prince aren't that good, especially in comparison to Brand. Rip's deal ranks right up there with Brand's as worst contracts in the league.

If I'm the 76ers, the only way I'm moving the #2 pick is if I clear Brand's contract completely. They are at $67m right now, that's likely close to luxury tax territory for a team that best case scenarios competes for the 8 seed.

jackdawson
05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I just don't get it why in the hell they signed gordon and villanueva

both got 5 year mega contracts with freaking player options....for god sake:facepalm:

Isiah syndrome???

Joe Dumars played with Isiah and he thought "why wouldn't I play like my partner and **** up the pistons for years to come??"

BAMF
05-21-2010, 08:35 PM
:d:d:d

joe dumars played with isiah and he thought "why wouldn't i play like my partner and **** up the pistons for years to come??"

pistonsfanomg
05-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Sorry Bro

Why would they want Hamilton's contract when they already trying to get rid of Brand's contract?

Doesn't make sense to me and I'm a Pistons Fan

Now I can see this trade happening

Sixers Receive:
Rodney Stuckey
Tayshaun Prince
Jason Maxiell
Pistons 7th Overall
Pistons 2011 First Overall

Detroit Receive:
Elton Brand
2nd Overall Pick

While the Sixers will give up their #2
They will still receive young talent in Rodney Stuckey a proven talent PLUS an expiring contract AND a productive guy from the bench AND 2 more young talents for the future.

RaptorizedKevin
05-22-2010, 01:59 AM
the pistons need to get to play run and gun style of basketball so everyones stats go up and then desperate contending teams wiht expirings will trade their players for piston players so they can win a championship and so the pistons can rebuild properly.

pistonsfanomg
05-22-2010, 02:02 AM
the pistons need to get to play run and gun style of basketball so everyones stats go up and then desperate contending teams wiht expirings will trade their players for piston players so they can win a championship and so the pistons can rebuild properly.

Who would the Raptors have to give up to acquire Igodala?

I didn't spell his name right but ya kno who I'm talking about.

itsripcity32
05-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Sorry Bro

Why would they want Hamilton's contract when they already trying to get rid of Brand's contract?

Doesn't make sense to me and I'm a Pistons Fan

Now I can see this trade happening

Sixers Receive:
Rodney Stuckey
Tayshaun Prince
Jason Maxiell
Pistons 7th Overall
Pistons 2011 First Overall

Detroit Receive:
Elton Brand
2nd Overall Pick

While the Sixers will give up their #2
They will still receive young talent in Rodney Stuckey a proven talent PLUS an expiring contract AND a productive guy from the bench AND 2 more young talents for the future.
stuckey and 7th is way too much already and now ur adding a potential lottery picky for 2011
woah woah woah...

RaptorizedKevin
05-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Who would the Raptors have to give up to acquire Igodala?

I didn't spell his name right but ya kno who I'm talking about.

im sorry , does this pertain to the topic?

pistonsfanomg
05-22-2010, 02:07 AM
im sorry , does this pertain to the topic?

Umm No need to be a smart azz

I just asked what would you guys have to give up to acquire him.

I seen your sig so I felt the need to ask.... smh