PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Richards - Who is he?

bkmikeyy
05-20-2010, 11:13 PM
I was watching the NBA Combine and they were talking about a 6-11 19 year old from England and how he was tearing it up at the combine. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about him and where he might project in the draft.

I found this youtube video on him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyCbDcqGnKE

td0tsfinest
05-20-2010, 11:16 PM
first time I've heard about him.

He looks alright, he should stay an extra year or two and polish up his game a little more.

bkmikeyy
05-20-2010, 11:18 PM
This is the ESPN link

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5205139&categoryid=2459788

IndiansFan337
05-20-2010, 11:20 PM
I was watching the NBA Combine and they were talking about a 6-11 19 year old from England and how he was tearing it up at the combine. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about him and where he might project in the draft.

I found this youtube video on him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyCbDcqGnKE

I saw that online. Jay Williams & Chad Ford said that he had impressed & his "surprise factor" would help him in the Draft.

WestCoastSportz
05-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Scouting Report:

Considering that the other top prospects here were pretty well known, Ryan Richards was one of the most interesting features in advance of this Nike International Junior Tournament. And while he had some productive games, he didnít blow away people with his performances, leaving some mixed feelings about his talent and feel for the game.

First of all, we have to always take into consideration his youth, as Richards is a 1991-born player, but still he surprised with a pretty strong frame for his age, especially his upper body, despite being reportedly a rather skinny guy not long ago. He stands 6-10 and could be done growing (he looks physically rather mature); itís nice size, but not outstanding considering his array of skills and his average athleticism, although he does enjoy a mammoth wingspan.

Left-handed, Richards showed a decent perimeter stroke, displaying increasing consistency as the tournament advanced, from the mid-range area and out to the three-point line. However, he didnít look like a face-up player, and if heís not shooting the ball, chances are you will see him bruising in the low post. Not a finesse player, he relies on his strength, his length, some basic footwork and a certain ability to finish with his left hand, to get the job done. His footwork is pretty raw, and he really doesnít have much in the ways of moves at this point.

On defense he looked again pretty physical, and was probably the most successful player guarding the MVP Dejan Musli all tournament long. His length and size also makes him a very solid rebounder. In the team setting, his poor awareness stood out at times, though, particularly when forced to step out and hedge a screen or rotate in the post. Heís not the most reactive player youíll find.

You can feel the game doesnít come easily to Richards. He doesnít look like the most naturally gifted player, and his decision making often looks underwhelming. Heís not much of a passer, and generally speaking, his team Real Madrid had a pretty disappointing showing compared to what we had witnessed in LíHospitalet. Despite his very solid production, Richards might be partially to blame.

magichatnumber9
05-30-2010, 08:10 PM
2nd round to undrafted. Probably had no access to decent coaching. If this guy has a love for the game a gm will invest. Prob, needs 3 years to develop, will prob be a journeyman in the league.

arkanian215
05-30-2010, 08:22 PM
I was watching the combine and the guy was ridiculous athletically. He has pretty good form for a guy his size. Good combo of speed, strength and jumping ability. Nets should draft him and stash him in Springfield.

jimbobjarree
06-01-2010, 12:02 AM
to Utah with the 55th pick :pray:

being english myself it would be so awesome to have an english guy on the Jazz....that isnt a raging homosexual

and hopefully some more help for BG, Deng and Pops on the British national team in London 2012, I hope that team does at least a respectable job.

arkanian215
06-01-2010, 09:48 AM

being english myself it would be so awesome to have an english guy on the Jazz....that isnt a raging homosexual

and hopefully some more help for BG, Deng and Pops on the British national team in London 2012, I hope that team does at least a respectable job.

i don't know who you're referring to...

RipVW
06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
His scouting report should be like this:

Ryan Richards Scouting Report

* Englishman
* Gentleman

gilly
06-05-2010, 02:04 PM

This. I wanna see more British guys in the league. If we could produce a top PG, we'd have a decent staring 5 for European competition (PG - Gordon - Deng - Richards - Pops). I think Azubuike was considering playing for Team GB too, since he was born in London.

jimbobjarree
06-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Buike has tried playing for us, some legality is holding him back I think, I cant remember but I'll look it up. BG needs to sort his life out and come play for us though.

RnF
06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
i don't know who you're referring to...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2757105

arkanian215
06-10-2010, 04:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2757105

Interesting...