PDA

View Full Version : Wizards committed to getting rid of Arenas?

Wade_County
05-20-2010, 08:49 PM
According to former Washington Times beat writer John Mitchell, the Wizards are doing "everything in their power" to make sure Gilbert Arenas doesn't play with consensus #1 draft pick John Wall next season.
Mitchell cites "highly placed sources" who say that Washington will indeed draft Wall over Evan Turner. Despite publicly supporting Arenas, the Wizards are reportedly willing to consider a (very expensive) buy-out if they can't trade their tarnished franchise player. May. 20 - 5:42 pm et

Source: TheGrio.com

wow there even considering a buy out??!

jetsfan28
05-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Curry for Arenas + some kind of picks is still the only trade that makes any sense to me (if and only if whatever FA's go the Knicks want Arenas)

VIP1349
05-20-2010, 09:28 PM
I don't see them finding a way to trade this guy nobody wants him.

RaptorizedKevin
05-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Hedo turkoglu + calderon. get it done washington LOL. we'll throw in our 13th pick too.

RaptorizedKevin
05-20-2010, 09:34 PM
how expensive of a buyout are thye talking? the raptors should try doing that to turkoglu.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Haha. Good luck. He might try to shoot Bosh in the locker-room. I'm not sure you want to risk it. ;)

RaptorizedKevin
05-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Haha. Good luck. He might try to shoot Bosh in the locker-room. I'm not sure you want to risk it. ;)

just chuck a gun in his locker and void the contract :P.

SA5195
05-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Ew, I don't want him near Derozan, Weems, and Amir.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Haha, LMFAO. Gilbert might under-go an early-career-ending.

RaptorizedKevin
05-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Ew, I don't want him near Derozan, Weems, and Amir.

demar grew up in compton, there are people much worse than gilbert from where demar grew up, and it didnt stop him to achieve his dream of becoming a basketball player , did it?

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Iggy looks weird in a Raptors jersey! Sorry. :)

JasonJohnHorn
05-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Its too bad Thomas wasnt still working in NY, I have a feeling he would have been securing a deal for Arenas months ago! ;-)

A buy out looks like the best option. I think there are lots of teams that would take a gamble on Arenas, if the price was cheap (MLE), but nobody is going to be giving up first round picks or quality players for this guy.
Arenas's FG% is low (inpart because he takes so many 3's), he is a score first point guard, and those guys never really contend (Iverson was the last one that was able to make a decent run, and that didnt end well), and his assist-to-turnover ration is not even 2-1. Not to mention he is a liability of defence due to his size.

I could see a team in trasition picking him up if and when he clears waivers, a team like the T-wolves who needs some help scoring but are waiting for Rubio and need something to hold them over, but when one of the worst teams in the league doesnt think they will be better with the guy, then there isnt much hope for him.

Arenas always seemed like a nice enough guy, and the gun incident just seemed like a stupid mistake. I hope he can turn thigns around, but his style of play is just one I've never seen really achieve anything in terms of really contending, so...

thescore53
05-20-2010, 09:49 PM

who says bosh will be here next year

Sadds The Gr8
05-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Hedo turkoglu + calderon. get it done washington LOL. we'll throw in our 13th pick too.

wtf????? **** NO:no::no::no:

Avenged
05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
The Knicks will take him. ;)

C_A_S_H
05-20-2010, 09:56 PM
good luck wit dat

bal_ravens
05-20-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't see this happening. Gilbert Arenas made a stupid, stupid, stupid mistake. Everybody knows that. But other than that, the guy hasn't really done anything else bad. I mean, before being suspended, he was averaging 22ppg, 7apg, 5rpg and a steal on 41% shooting. Not the greatest shooting percentage, but he isn't a bum. Worth $20 million per year? No, but why not see what him and Wall can do first before wasting money in buying him out.

If putting Wall together with Arenas can potentially "damage" Wall's career, than I don't want a fragile player like Wall on my team.

fadedmario
05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Richard Hamilton and jason Maxiell for Arenas.

mrker
05-20-2010, 10:11 PM
if bosh feels adding Arenas makes this team good and he will sign... I say do it. you get to move hedo or jose if you want... i say keep turk and move andrea..Cause as
C. barkley say`s "you know what you call a PF that grabs 7 REBS" " A small Forward" and he is a C. No way that works..You can move caldron in the Arenas deal. Then move Andrea.. Only B.C knows what that could bring back?? #13, Andrea and say weems . that looks like a package to get an allstar out of a team..A former #1 an good young wing and a pick toss in banks for some good back-up mins on a young team

Caps1989
05-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I love these threads. You get all the people who dont watch DC sports and only read headlines. Stop acting like he's some kind of murderer and get over it. Hes staying put in DC. They aren't trying to get rid of him. Just get over it.

mrker
05-20-2010, 10:18 PM
No way..he is not a murder or even a bad guy he is just a guy who made a bad choice and as long as he stays in DC the longer every person on that team will have to answer questions about that choice. with a new owner. a fresh start with the message.. Mr leonis will not want to have to drag this issue around for very long.. And thats why Arenas will go. Nothing else

phoenix_bladen
05-20-2010, 10:19 PM
The Knicks will take him. ;)

sorry isiah thomas is not running the knicks anymore

you're about 2 years too late.......!

but if your team hires him sure !

thescore53
05-20-2010, 10:20 PM
I love these threads. You get all the people who dont watch DC sports and only read headlines. Stop acting like he's some kind of murderer and get over it. Hes staying put in DC. They aren't trying to get rid of him. Just get over it.

do you like overpaying for people

thescore53
05-20-2010, 10:20 PM
sorry isiah thomas is not running the knicks anymore

you're about 2 years too late.......!

but if your team hires him sure !

no... these knicks fans actually want him there seriously go to their forum

mrker
05-20-2010, 10:21 PM
But at 20mil a year you cant whisper firesale cause his value ain`t that high to start. And if and when Arenas puts it together and if his knees hold out i hope he can bring a team to the next level. it just won`t be in DC

Wiz kids
05-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Curry for Arenas + some kind of picks is still the only trade that makes any sense to me (if and only if whatever FA's go the Knicks want Arenas)

Deal.

how expensive of a buyout are thye talking? the raptors should try doing that to turkoglu.

$84 million

ryder78c
05-20-2010, 10:53 PM
im a blazers fan i would pick him up after the buyout he didnt even do anything really wrong i'd take him as a backup point and share minutes with miller alot of ppl will say no but i can tell he was just jokin he's Urkell of bball

UNLOADED guns come on now people its not like he planned on hurting anyone javaris told arenas he was gonna shoot him over a poker game arenas brought 2 guns and said pick one, what gilbert did was stupid yes but should his career be centered around a dumb gun case alot of players do dumb things...Telfair tried boarding a plane with a loaded gun, atleast arenas can lead a team

Nighthawk
05-20-2010, 10:54 PM
To be honest i think before the nba lottery there was definitely talks of getting rid of Arenas. Once it was clear they had the number one picked that changed everything. Wall is a stud. Arenas deserves to be moved. Get what ever you can and let the Wall era begin.

IndiansFan337
05-20-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't see them being willing to eat all of that money & settle for a buyout.

And they likely can get no more than 10 cents on the dollar for him in any trade right now, so I see him playing at least one more season with the Wizards.

Wiz kids
05-20-2010, 11:06 PM
im a blazers fan i would pick him up after the buyout he didnt even do anything really wrong i'd take him as a backup point and share minutes with miller alot of ppl will say no but i can tell he was just jokin he's Urkell of bball

UNLOADED guns come on now people its not like he planned on hurting anyone javaris told arenas he was gonna shoot him over a poker game arenas brought 2 guns and said pick one, what gilbert did was stupid yes but should his career be centered around a dumb gun case alot of players do dumb things...Telfair tried boarding a plane with a loaded gun, atleast arenas can lead a team

Are you serious with "at least he can lead a team."

jackdawson
05-20-2010, 11:10 PM
I think bulls will take him after the LeBron-shock.

xbrackattackx
05-21-2010, 12:03 AM

So you think they will run him as a sg...

Rose
Arenas
Lebron
Taj
noah?

abe_froman
05-21-2010, 12:19 AM

yeah its nice to dream of teams you dont like doing things that wont happen but you wish

Stunner
05-21-2010, 12:31 AM
He is a nice player but no dont want him on the Bulls. I hoping for Paul George at the 2 spot :) .

ElMarroAfamado
05-21-2010, 12:34 AM
im curious, why is there so many Raptors fans ?

and he should go to the Clippers whats the worst that can happen

BkOriginalOne
05-21-2010, 12:40 AM
I can't imagine the Knicks, Raptors and even the Pacers (who must be tired of losing) not taking a chance on Arenas for some of their bad contracts.

abe_froman
05-21-2010, 12:46 AM
I can't imagine the Knicks, Raptors and even the Pacers (who must be tired of losing) not taking a chance on Arenas for some of their bad contracts.

tinsley...thats why the pacers wont risk it

Caps1989
05-21-2010, 12:49 AM
People. He isnt leaving, he isnt going to be traded, and he isnt going to be bought out. You can mark my words. Yes he made some mistakes but he isnt washed up yet.

Broadwayjoe NY
05-21-2010, 12:50 AM

I cannot speak for the rest of the teams, but as far as the Knicks go: because for a guy who cannot stay on the court due to health and is a pg with a sg's mentality, he's not worth the contract that is going to escalate to $22 million in the next few years. Frankly, the Knicks did not dump salary and mortgage the last two years for a liability. Now, if he were to receive a buyout than I'm sure there would be plenty of suitors.

Derick713
05-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Whatever the Wizards do they should not buy him out.

I think the Magic should consider a deal if they can find a way to get the Magic to absorb Lewis's contract.

HOZ THE KNICK
05-21-2010, 01:09 AM
the knicks will be a fool to even entertain such a deal.

Stunner
05-21-2010, 01:22 AM
im curious, why is there so many Raptors fans ?

and he should go to the Clippers whats the worst that can happen

Diddy for Gil?

cali72888
05-21-2010, 01:23 AM

I hope you mean Curry from the Knicks, because Steph Curry is not going anywhere.

Boats.N.Hoes.
05-21-2010, 01:58 AM
I hope you mean Curry from the Knicks, because Steph Curry is not going anywhere.

LMFAO! No he means dell curry......Who else is he talking bout why would goldenstate even consider getting rid of steph "well warriors are known to do dumb stuff''One of the two are gonna happen,agent douchebag is gonna get traded for garbage.or his contract get vioded bet he gets traded for trash though.An first post!!! woot!.Yeah yeah I know how these forums act for sure though,Omg its a noob he or omg he isnt posting right to a post.Oh no like its the end of the world lmao.Anyways I was here years ago round the time of first life of site...:cool:

JiffyMix88
05-21-2010, 02:05 AM
:pity: what a shame kicked out before he could even show he was worth that contract

arkanian215
05-21-2010, 10:17 AM
According to former Washington Times beat writer John Mitchell, the Wizards are doing "everything in their power" to make sure Gilbert Arenas doesn't play with consensus #1 draft pick John Wall next season.
Mitchell cites "highly placed sources" who say that Washington will indeed draft Wall over Evan Turner. Despite publicly supporting Arenas, the Wizards are reportedly willing to consider a (very expensive) buy-out if they can't trade their tarnished franchise player. May. 20 - 5:42 pm et

Source: TheGrio.com

wow there even considering a buy out??!
Couldn't they still void his contract? Isn't pleading guilty to felony gun possession grounds for terminating a contract?

raptor fan
05-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Arenas' value around the league is extremely low, so they won't be getting anything of value for him. The best deal would probably be with Toronto where they can get Calderon and Turkoglu for Arenas and #30.

xbrackattackx
05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Arenas' value around the league is extremely low, so they won't be getting anything of value for him. The best deal would probably be with Toronto where they can get Calderon and Turkoglu for Arenas and #30.

Arenas would be great in Toronto.

knickfan4life
05-21-2010, 11:01 AM
no... these knicks fans actually want him there seriously go to their forum

we would take him, if we can sign 2 max players, we will give eddy currys expireing contract for him, we dont need cap space, we need players to get us a ring and gilbert is a clutch player, someone lebron would need cuz god knows lebron cudnt close out a damn game for his life.

JayW_1023
05-21-2010, 12:23 PM
They are getting a younger version of him in Wall anyway.

Gibby23
05-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Why didn't they just try and terminate the contract when they had the chance?

PraiseJesus
05-21-2010, 12:35 PM
They should just draft Evan turner to play SG with Arenas at pg

Wall is all overhype

mavwar53
05-21-2010, 12:44 PM

You my friend are stupid

Stunner
05-21-2010, 12:45 PM
You my friend are stupid

How Eddy Curry for Arenas? Get rid of Gilbert so Wall can run the show.

fadedmario
05-21-2010, 12:47 PM
I think Detroit would be a great fit for Arenas. We could finally move Stuckey to SG. I think we have some contracts that would matchup pretty good with the Wizards. Alot of Piston fans don't like Arenas. I disagree with them. If he stays healthy he can still produce at a high level. Gilbert needs a new start somewhere.

smith&wesson
05-21-2010, 12:53 PM
gilbert arenas = stephon marbury

gilbert arenas = steve francis

gilbert arneas = done!

AIsixersFK
05-21-2010, 01:30 PM
He can't go to Toronto. He's a criminal now :). Can't leave the country

thescore53
05-21-2010, 01:34 PM
He can't go to Toronto. He's a criminal now :). Can't leave the country

:laugh2:

hugepatsfan
05-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Arenas sucks. Any team that takes on that mostrosity of a contract should have their whole FO lined up to be kicked in the nuts.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-21-2010, 02:12 PM
How Eddy Curry for Arenas? Get rid of Gilbert so Wall can run the show.

i think he thought that the other guy meant Stephen Curry:laugh2:

Stunner
05-21-2010, 02:29 PM

lol dumbass

KnicksorBust
05-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Why didn't they just try and terminate the contract when they had the chance?

From what I heard it would have been extremely difficult to terminate the contract and they would most likely lose. They realized it would absolutely destroy any bargaining power they had if they tried to trade him so instead they tried to act committed. Now I guess that just said screw it we're not letting him even meet John Wall. I'd love to know what the biggest buy out of all-time is because $84 million has to crush it.

Boats.N.Hoes.
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM

lmao why the hell would they tradethere new franchise player?? there not gonna.What i was saying was no **** itd be for eddy curry.cause trading steph would be one the dumbest things ive seen them do.An they have done some stupid stuff.lol...

The Prodigy
05-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Am I the only one that still supports Areanas (no I dont want him on my team tho)

smith&wesson
05-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Am I the only one that still supports Areanas (no I dont want him on my team tho)

If you dont want him on your team ? what are you suporting exactly ?? for another team to get him ??

washington will have to take really bad contracts back. or buy him out becase its not gonna be easy to trade this guy.

also I would never want him to play with wall, arenas is like a cancer.

blah-blah
05-21-2010, 06:35 PM
i think hes still going to be a 20ppg player

Wiz kids
05-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Question about buyouts. Is there a yearly cap hit to doing it? Or is it a one time thing and its off the books?

Kakaroach
05-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Question about buyouts. Is there a yearly cap hit to doing it? Or is it a one time thing and its off the books? Its still a yearly cap thing. Buy-outs mainly help the franchise save some money and get rid of a player they don't want/need.

And yes, most expensive buy-out in NBA history no doubt.

gmac2824
05-21-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't trust the source at all. An ex writer from the Post from a website I've never heard of. This guy probably got s**t canned from the Post for creating bogus rumors. Gil's knee is gonna be 100%, after all the rest he's gotten, and him playing the 2 and Wall at the point is gonna be scary. The Wiz are rebuilding so if Gil sucks this year no big deal, no one is expecting them to win and they'll cut ties at the end of next season

JDMVP
05-23-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/66759/20100523/report_wizards_ready_to_dump_arenas_will_consider_ buyout/

Former Washington Times reporter John Mitchell writes for TheGrio.com that the Wizards are committed to removing Gilbert Arenas from the roster before next season.

According to a source, the team will "definitely consider buying out" Arenas' contract if he cannot be traded.

The Wizards will select John Wall with the first overall pick and, according to two league sources with knowledge of the team's future plans, will do everything in their power to make sure that Wall is never in the same locker room as Arenas.

One source with intimate knowledge of the team's plans says that Ernie Grunfeld does not want Arenas anywhere near Wall.

Grunfeld and Arenas used to share a strong relationship but they have barely spoken over the last two months.

http://www.thegrio.com/sports/will-the-washington-wizards-axe-arenas.php

RipVW
05-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Thats an expensive buy out but, to their credit, its for the best.

RaptorizedKevin
05-23-2010, 11:42 AM
this isnt news. already been posted by someone else.

Shadee
05-23-2010, 11:44 AM
So he gets like what? 80 mill for doing nothing? I'd love that lol.

IAmKira
05-23-2010, 11:47 AM

that would make starbury look like a chump. LOL :clap:

Shadee
05-23-2010, 11:50 AM
that would make starbury look like a chump. LOL :clap: HAHA yeah man it would.

sixerfixer
05-23-2010, 11:55 AM

80 million...for doing Nothing ?...Wouldn't that Qualify Arenas for a Management job at Goldman Sachs ?:clap:

gmm902
05-23-2010, 12:13 PM
he is go tho someone will give him a second chance and pick him up but i am not sure who

hgtiger32
05-23-2010, 12:15 PM
maybe gilbert will go play over in europe where he'd be a star. or sign with the lakers if he could play the role, doubt the lakers part tho-just a thought...

sNaKeS
05-23-2010, 12:18 PM
he is go tho someone will give him a second chance and pick him up but i am not sure who

He said he would like to play for orlando. Earlier in the year he said he has a great relationship with otis smith because he was his GM at golden state, the team that drafted him. Otis didn't make any comment on the matter because it was in the middle of the season, but from what I've seen in this round from jameer nelson, I wouldn't mind it if he would come cheap.

Ragun
05-23-2010, 12:30 PM
^^ he would be awesome with orlando IMO.

lewis for arenas works for both sides.

RaptorizedKevin
05-23-2010, 12:31 PM
calderon + turkoglu for gilbert. i rather take the risk. hopefully we can get like consouling for himand try to change his attitude. :|

Kdirt
05-23-2010, 12:53 PM
The only way they move him is to a team desperate, trying move an equally bad contract. Names like Brand and Rashard Lewis come to mind. Maybe the Knicks make a plunge using Eddy Curry or something.

mrker
05-23-2010, 12:54 PM
calderon + turkoglu for gilbert. i rather take the risk. hopefully we can get like consouling for himand try to change his attitude. :|

I would make this deal in a second, upside for both teams ans BIG downside for both. Looks like a good trade. only thing is keep turk and move some other parts. Cause in my opion you have to move andrea and then you can have turk as your 3rd option behind bosh arenas. then if demar is a true threat you can move turk after next year for parts to win a championship with

mrker
05-23-2010, 12:58 PM
You could try and move turk to 76ers for iggy. Big if... 76ers might get better offers but if we go for broke turk and demar for iggy, then Jose, banks and the 13 to WAS for gilbert.

Andrea
Bosh
Iggy
Arenas
Jack
Sounds good!

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Orlando won't end up with Gilbert Arenas. I just don't see it happening.

RaptorizedKevin
05-23-2010, 01:04 PM
You could try and move turk to 76ers for iggy. Big if... 76ers might get better offers but if we go for broke turk and demar for iggy, then Jose, banks and the 13 to WAS for gilbert.

Andrea
Bosh
Iggy
Arenas
Jack
Sounds good!

taking turkoglu doesnt benefit the sixers. iggy is yunger and better. while turkoglu is a smallforward and is hella old evne though his contract is smaller.

mrker
05-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Arenas to NJ, Cause its the only max deal the Nets will get this year. hahaha. hope they lose 75 next year and then fall to 4th next year

mrker
05-23-2010, 01:10 PM
taking turkoglu doesnt benefit the sixers. iggy is yunger and better. while turkoglu is a smallforward and is hella old evne though his contract is smaller.

I know thats why i think it would take demar to get the deal past a quick phone call. 76ers could move turk if they felt there is market for him and go for young pieces. and might need some veteran people in the lockerroom if they can move brand or dalembert. or the 76ers frontoffice might just suck at there jobs... i dont know.. they did sign brand to that monster deal

mrker
05-23-2010, 01:14 PM
could anyone tell me what Jose is Worth as trade bait or is his only value is in a trade where lots of people get moved, Cause i can`t figure out who would trade straight up for Jose

GrumpyOldMan
05-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Can someone help me out with the NBA rule about buyouts? Let's say Arenas is bought out of his contract, is it at 100% or is it a negotiable buyout? Would he be unrestricted at this point to sign with anyone at any salary?
If it is allowed I can see a team taking a chance with him, but not with the crazy contract he has now. Any info people can give me would be appreciated.

Evolution23
05-23-2010, 01:16 PM
It nice that the Knicks aren't the team with TERRIBLE contracts anymore lol... I hope Gilbert gets a new start somewhere because I used to like him as a player before the whole gun mess.

C_A_S_H
05-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Who buys out a max contract one year in?

abe_froman
05-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Who buys out a max contract one year in?

teams that have no other options left

abe_froman
05-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I know thats why i think it would take demar to get the deal past a quick phone call. 76ers could move turk if they felt there is market for him and go for young pieces. and might need some veteran people in the lockerroom if they can move brand or dalembert. or the 76ers frontoffice might just suck at there jobs... i dont know.. they did sign brand to that monster deal

turk as trade kicker at the max amount limit, in his contract.no way to the take him on+the extra from being traded for someone of greater value both for their team and someone who can net better/more pieces in the market.

mrker
05-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Can someone help me out with the NBA rule about buyouts? Let's say Arenas is bought out of his contract, is it at 100% or is it a negotiable buyout? Would he be unrestricted at this point to sign with anyone at any salary?
If it is allowed I can see a team taking a chance with him, but not with the crazy contract he has now. Any info people can give me would be appreciated.

It absolutely benefits the team financially IF they are over or close to the salary tax. Whenever a team goes over the cap they owe the league a dollar for dollar "luxury tax".

For example, let's say that the WAS are over the cap and Arenas is due $20million dollars this year.

Scenario 1
The WAS pay Anreas his $20 million to sit on the bench
AND
they pay the league $20 million luxury tax
Scenario 1 total cost to WAS=$40 million

Scenario 2
The WAS pay Arenas his $20million and release him
Scenario 2 total cost to WAS 20$ million

Scenario 2 also offers WAS some options as they now have a roster spot open. They can leave it unfilled or sign someone for $2 million (or $1 million or $3 million--you get the idea). Even then their tax cost to the league would be less than if they kept Arenas
If they Are not close to the cap it is just to remove him from the team and open up spots. the thing is most deals are and lock up so yo have to pay no matter what the player does ... He Will get his money..(few ways around them) . it is a negotion with a agree upon number

PraiseJesus
05-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Scenario 3: Arenas goes to Lakers

Los Angeles native, makes so much sense

mrker
05-23-2010, 01:41 PM
turk as trade kicker at the max amount limit, in his contract.no way to the take him on+the extra from being traded for someone of greater value both for their team and someone who can net better/more pieces in the market.

I don`t think the 76ers move iggy with out moving brand of dalembert... so i think raps not in the running but if they will move him alone demar and turk would work.. but your right it would have to be a 3 team trade to get more for the 76ers cause they dont want turk.. but they don`t want garbage back from someone else and if magic swept ... 3-4 team deal with the big names being turk, iggy, carter and someone with capsace to help make it work

kurivaimu
05-23-2010, 01:43 PM
it nice that the knicks aren't the team with terrible contracts anymore lol... I hope gilbert gets a new start somewhere because i used to like him as a player before the whole gun mess.

+1

mrker
05-23-2010, 01:43 PM

who is going back in a trade... if he is a FA.. someone will offer him more than MLE

abe_froman
05-23-2010, 01:49 PM
I don`t think the 76ers move iggy with out moving brand of dalembert... so i think raps not in the running but if they will move him alone demar and turk would work.. but your right it would have to be a 3 team trade to get more for the 76ers cause they dont want turk.. but they don`t want garbage back from someone else and if magic swept ... 3-4 team deal with the big names being turk, iggy, carter and someone with capsace to help make it work

the point of trying to move dally and brand is to try ridding themselves of toxic contracts.giving flexibility for the coming years,while building a young core.turk is counter-intuitive to this.

turk,because he's on the downslide of his career and the trade bonus's in his contract,make him had to move.the raps would have basically take back crap for him.(worth it imo though)

now getting iggy to tor(i'm guessing you a rap fan who wants him?),would probably be a 3 way deal(maybe involving bosh in a s+t to the third team)

mrker
05-23-2010, 01:56 PM
no point in getting iggy if bosh leaves.. B.C would have to Move andrea. for pieces to a iggy but not brand or dalembert deal.. and turk will be moved only if his contract is needed to balance any deal.. If bosh wants a S&T then you make turk part of it.

Raoul Duke
05-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Scenario 2
The WAS pay Arenas his $20million and release him
Scenario 2 total cost to WAS 20$ million

I could be wrong here, but wouldn't his contract, or at least a portion of his contract, still count against the salary cap?

Forgive me if I'm way off, but I coulda swore that's how it works...

mrker
05-23-2010, 01:57 PM
How about this Andrea and TURK for Iggy and Dalmerbert. find a 3rd team to help with the salary cap issues

PraiseJesus
05-23-2010, 02:00 PM
who is going back in a trade... if he is a FA.. someone will offer him more than MLE

Gilbert is comin home baby im tellin you. :clap:

mrker
05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
I could be wrong here, but wouldn't his contract, or at least a portion of his contract, still count against the salary cap?

Your Right this is from the nba CBA
How do buy-outs affect a team's salary cap?
The agreed-upon buy-out amount (see question number 57 ) is included in the team salary instead of the salary called for in the contract. If the player had more than one season left on his contract, then the buy-out money is distributed among the seasons in proportion to the original salary. For example, say a player had three seasons remaining on his contract, with salaries of $10 million, $11 million and $12 million. The player and team agree to a buyout of $15 million. The $15 million is therefore charged to the team salary over the three seasons. Since the original contract had $33 million left to be paid, and $10 million is 30.3% of $33 million, 30.3% of the $15 million buyout, or $4.545 million, is included in the team salary in the first season following the buyout. Likewise, 33.33% of $15 million, or $5 million, is included in the team salary in the second season, and 36.36% of $15 million, or $5.455 million, is included in the team salary in the third season. Note that this is true even if the player is paid all of his buy-out money in a lump sum. The distribution of the buy-out money itself is a matter of individual negotiation.

Montana_Rob
05-23-2010, 02:08 PM

kinda thinking the same thing. If gilbert would sign cheap with the Show...wow. that might be too many scorers on one team tho

mrker
05-23-2010, 02:08 PM

Your Right this is from the nba CBA
How do buy-outs affect a team's salary cap?
The agreed-upon buy-out amount (see question number 57 ) is included in the team salary instead of the salary called for in the contract. If the player had more than one season left on his contract, then the buy-out money is distributed among the seasons in proportion to the original salary. For example, say a player had three seasons remaining on his contract, with salaries of $10 million, $11 million and $12 million. The player and team agree to a buyout of $15 million. The $15 million is therefore charged to the team salary over the three seasons. Since the original contract had $33 million left to be paid, and $10 million is 30.3% of $33 million, 30.3% of the $15 million buyout, or $4.545 million, is included in the team salary in the first season following the buyout. Likewise, 33.33% of $15 million, or $5 million, is included in the team salary in the second season, and 36.36% of $15 million, or $5.455 million, is included in the team salary in the third season. Note that this is true even if the player is paid all of his buy-out money in a lump sum. The distribution of the buy-out money itself is a matter of individual negotiation

PraiseJesus
05-23-2010, 02:20 PM
kinda thinking the same thing. If gilbert would sign cheap with the Show...wow. that might be too many scorers on one team tho

Too many cooks in the kitchen?

Arenas
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

I dunno man... that starting lineup looks amazing to me.

king4day
05-23-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't get why they would consider buying him out. They may as well have gone through with terminating his contract.

mrker
05-23-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't get why they would consider buying him out. They may as well have gone through with terminating his contract.

I Heard that the legal dpt with the wiz and the nba head office were not totally sure they had all this lockdown and didnt want a nasty and lengthy court fight when a buyout with the option to go that route if needed later will work better for everyone in the case..

RaptorizedKevin
05-23-2010, 04:02 PM
raptors should trade turkoglu and calderon and get a theerapy and counsoling sessions for areanass befor he comes here .

thekmp211
05-23-2010, 04:32 PM
if they trade him:

not a ton of teams out there that are looking for a contract like his. i could actually see the magic being interested, their core besides howard is not terribly young and they have a soon-to-be worse contract than gils in lewis. could be an interesting fit. maybe the pistons could try to pawn off some of their contracts, off the top of my head i don't know if any are expiring (rip and tayshaun maybe)

if they cut him:

i'd see him getting a one or two year deal or a contract with a player option. if he proves he's still a borderline-elite player i'm sure he'll want to cash in on another contract. it seems unlikely but i feel like the wizards really want to start fresh with the culture of that team, and unless they can acquire expiring contracts they have no need for equally-pricey veterans. he could be an intersting wildcard in the FA story.

PatelJ1010
05-23-2010, 05:14 PM
If you guys trade Areanas you guys will be in huge play for Lebron James. Plus Ms. Cleo says she saw in her crystal ball that the Wizards will get Lebron... NY Knicks should trade Eddy Curry for Areanas yes Wizards fans he is lazy and horrible contract and player but it won't hurt the development of John Wall and Curry can play Center averaging 8 PPg, 5-9 RBg, 0-2 APg........Curry & 1st round pick 2013 for Areanas

Robbw241
05-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Don't see anyone taking on Arenas although when healthy he is a truly remarkable player.