PDA

View Full Version : Celtics or Lakers

fairandbalanced
05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
We all have seen the weaknesses and strength of the teams left in the playoffs, we will only be deceiving ourselves if we act as if the Lakers and Celtics won't be in the finals, we don't live in a fantasy world. Phil has never lost a series up 2-0, and Magic have lost their magical powers after losing 2 at home.

Now yee shall speak the truth in all your conscience, who will win the 2010 championship.

abe_froman
05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
lakers

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Let's wait till' the series is over...;)

fairandbalanced
05-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Let's wait till' the series is over...;)

the series was over in game 2, we've you been?

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 07:39 PM
I've been here. I still think it's far from over. Call me out if we lose. I'm completely okay with that. All I know is, records don't stay perfect forever..;)

fairandbalanced
05-20-2010, 07:42 PM
I've been here. I still think it's far from over. Call me out if we lose. I'm completely okay with that. All I know is, records don't stay perfect forever..;)

Every Heat fans also thought they will still win the series when they was down 1-3, dude accept reality before it turns into depression.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 07:43 PM
When I recalled, 2-0 is much easier to dig out of, then facing elimination every game after that.

By the way, that same Miami Heat team was down 0-2 against the Dallas Mavericks in the FINALS, and still pulled it out. I'm not counting my team out yet. The way we've played is unacceptably bad.

fairandbalanced
05-20-2010, 07:46 PM
When I recalled, 2-0 is much easier to dig out of, then facing elimination every game after that.

By the way, that same Miami Heat team was down 0-2 against the Dallas Mavericks in the FINALS, and still pulled it out. I'm not counting my team out yet. The way we've played is unacceptably bad.

They wasn't down 0-2 playing at home.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 07:49 PM

What's your point? Boston is a better road team than they are a home team? Orlando is a better road team than Boston is. This could get interesting. All I'm saying is, if we win Saturday, we're still in this. If we don't, then yes, we're over. But come on, even you know crazier things have happened...:rolleyes:.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-20-2010, 07:53 PM
magic clearly are missing hedo more than there fans think they are hes the X factor late in the game that wouldve helped them in game 2...But ya its pretty much celtics vs lakers now and lakers should prevail:D

Raptor-54
05-20-2010, 07:55 PM
who do yu think will match up better against the lakers

magic or boston ?

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 07:58 PM
magic clearly are missing hedo more than there fans think they are hes the X factor late in the game that wouldve helped them in game 2...But ya its pretty much celtics vs lakers now and lakers should prevail:D

I'll say the same thing I've said time and time again. Hedo isn't the reason we lost. Vince Carter fills in fine. We're not 'missing' Hedo, by any means..Boston is just the better team right now..Why don't people understand this? This year's Boston Celtics are not the Boston Celtic's we played last year, WITHOUT Kevin Garnett, an upgraded Rondo, and an even hungrier Boston team. Both of these games have been relatively close, but all you guys can think about is Hedo. Why not think about something else? I don't know, maybe Boston being better than us? This Boston team is tougher than both the Boston team we faced last year, and the Cleveland team. And If I'm right, maybe even this LA team.

macc
05-20-2010, 08:06 PM

But see where your reasoning is flawed is the fact that Orlando lost two "close" games at home. Both were completely winnable. If Orlando was down 3-0, I would be agreeing with you, but since Boston is the worst home playoff team left and Orlando is great on the road. Anything can happen. If they win on Sat, they're only behind one game. So we should wait till this series is over before we start talking about the next one. Savy

dodie53
05-20-2010, 08:14 PM
suns!
;)

97NYer
05-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Celtics

whitemamba33
05-20-2010, 08:21 PM
If the Magic lost the first two games in Boston, i'd say it's no big deal. But they lost them at home. Teams typically play much better at home (60+ years of records don't lie). I'm not saying that it is not possible for the Magic to win...but i'd put it less than 5%.

RaptorizedKevin
05-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Lakers obviousily.

Raph12
05-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Whoever wins the East, which at this point, looks like the Celts.

IAmKira
05-20-2010, 08:54 PM

that same miami heat team had who on their side? Oh ya.. Mr. Infamous himself, Tim Donaghy. :facepalm:

Fad3Away
05-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Lakers vs. Celtics will be a tough series to call..Boston has definitely picked up their defense and Rondo seems unstoppable. Then again... there is a man named Kobe Bryant that is hungry to add a ring to his pinky finger. Lakers have also stepped up their defense. Both teams are clicking at the right time. But if I have to:

2010 Champions = Los Angeles Lakers

barreleffact
05-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Boston has the toughness that nobody out west has. they have the length and size to match up with LA(unlike anybody out west) and they have the leagues best defensive coach. they also are healthy with the deepest bench. lastly, they all know what its like to be a champion, esp rondo...a PG...our weakest link

ko8e24
05-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Boston has the toughness that nobody out west has. they have the length and size to match up with LA(unlike anybody out west) and they have the leagues best defensive coach. they also are healthy with the deepest bench. lastly, they all know what its like to be a champion, esp rondo...a PG...our weakest link

Deepest bench???? So are you saying that Orlando is making it to the finals? I think Boston made a horrible trade in trading away back-breaking 3pt shooter Eddie House for Nate Robinson who hasn't showed anything. Their bench is weaker than 2 yrs ago. They don't have a James Posey guy this time, they have Marquis Daniels. They have a much improved Glen Davis than 2 yrs ago (which was his rookie season), they have Sheed, but there's no way the big men of PJ Brown and Leon Powe are going to be replaced by a Shelden Williams. And the Celtics don't have a Sam Cassell type of guy either.

And how is that only the Celtics know what its like to be a champion? .....

The Lakers won the title last yr, Phil Jackson has 10 championships as an NBA Coach, 1 championship as an ABA coach and 2 championship with the Knicks as a player. Kobe and D-Fish have 4 titles looking for their 5th title in 7 finals appearances, Luke Walton and DJ Mbenga(06 Mavs) are going to be in their 4th NBA Finals appearance, Brown/Powell/Morrison in their 2nd, Artest in his first, everybody else in their 3rd finals appearance.

Though he is not fully healthy, having another big body like Andrew Bynum to clog the paint for easy layups that the Celtics might get will now be limited, Pau Gasol is sick of this "SOFT" **** that everyone has labeled him with, and now, there is finally someone to put Mr. Wheelchair in a wheelchair permanently, and that's TruWarier37!

The Cavs were basically centered around LeBron and his elbow the whole series and the whole 2010 summer free agency crap, and they ran into a buzzsaw healthy Celtics squad. They were an overconfident bunch.

The Magic players are showing their overconfidence and lack of the understanding of the situation. They thought Cleveland was going to be their roadblock to get back to the finals, but once Boston got rid of Cleveland, and Orlando "mightily swept the lowly BObcats and overrated Hawks", the overconfident Magic have now run into a buzzsaw in Boston.

The Lakers know this monster known as the Celtics. They know what they need to do, there is no state of relaxation or a sense of a gullible and innocent approach by the Lakers. Kobe, Phil and D-Fish are ashamed of that 2008 finals loss, and Kobe has said that with losing a finals there is pain that serves as motivation, but when you win the finals, there is an even greater motivation to acquire that joyous moment and happiness again.

Lakers in 6

unwantedplayer
05-20-2010, 10:06 PM
the series was over in game 2, we've you been?

You see what happened to the bruins?

It's not over till its over brah.

fadedmario
05-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Lakers are unbeatable in a 7 game series. Boston's luck runs out in the Finals.

Kevj77
05-20-2010, 10:19 PM
The Magic are done it's over. Going down 0-2 with homecourt is something that would take a miracle to overcome. You could argue that all the Lakers have done is hold homecourt, but it just looks like the Suns are overmatched. They still have two games coming up in Phoenix. Get ready for Lakers v. Celtics. Honestly I think Boston would have a better chance then the Magic against the Lakers anyways.

My prediction is Lakers in 6 against the Celtics. LA would have homecourt this time around and they aren't just going to be happy being there like they were in 08.

Lakersho
05-20-2010, 10:22 PM

i've gotta say,you have heart and your right, svg needs to keep gortat in with howard they cant guard that and it would open your 3's by havin tho's two rippin the rim down,the def. would have to collaspe to help...just a thought...

barreleffact
05-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Deepest bench???? So are you saying that Orlando is making it to the finals? I think Boston made a horrible trade in trading away back-breaking 3pt shooter Eddie House for Nate Robinson who hasn't showed anything. Their bench is weaker than 2 yrs ago. They don't have a James Posey guy this time, they have Marquis Daniels. They have a much improved Glen Davis than 2 yrs ago (which was his rookie season), they have Sheed, but there's no way the big men of PJ Brown and Leon Powe are going to be replaced by a Shelden Williams. And the Celtics don't have a Sam Cassell type of guy either.

And how is that only the Celtics know what its like to be a champion? .....

The Lakers won the title last yr, Phil Jackson has 10 championships as an NBA Coach, 1 championship as an ABA coach and 2 championship with the Knicks as a player. Kobe and D-Fish have 4 titles looking for their 5th title in 7 finals appearances, Luke Walton and DJ Mbenga(06 Mavs) are going to be in their 4th NBA Finals appearance, Brown/Powell/Morrison in their 2nd, Artest in his first, everybody else in their 3rd finals appearance.

Though he is not fully healthy, having another big body like Andrew Bynum to clog the paint for easy layups that the Celtics might get will now be limited, Pau Gasol is sick of this "SOFT" **** that everyone has labeled him with, and now, there is finally someone to put Mr. Wheelchair in a wheelchair permanently, and that's TruWarier37!

The Cavs were basically centered around LeBron and his elbow the whole series and the whole 2010 summer free agency crap, and they ran into a buzzsaw healthy Celtics squad. They were an overconfident bunch.

The Magic players are showing their overconfidence and lack of the understanding of the situation. They thought Cleveland was going to be their roadblock to get back to the finals, but once Boston got rid of Cleveland, and Orlando "mightily swept the lowly BObcats and overrated Hawks", the overconfident Magic have now run into a buzzsaw in Boston.

The Lakers know this monster known as the Celtics. They know what they need to do, there is no state of relaxation or a sense of a gullible and innocent approach by the Lakers. Kobe, Phil and D-Fish are ashamed of that 2008 finals loss, and Kobe has said that with losing a finals there is pain that serves as motivation, but when you win the finals, there is an even greater motivation to acquire that joyous moment and happiness again.

Lakers in 6

Firstly, I never said they were the only ones who know how to be champions so chill.

Secondly, The roster they have now equals the roster of 08. No house but Tony Allen has proven very servicable on both ends of the court and has been an absolute monster all playoffs when in rotation. Davis is a great finisher and hustles with the best of them. He is vastly improved and is coming off the bench with starters talent. Sheed has veteran and championship experience but above all he has length. LA hasnt faced that from anyone yet. They have had a deeper front line but that isnt true against boston.

Thirdly, Boston is so physical and IDC what gasol is tired of, he is still soft. They have the single best defensive coach in the game and the players to maximize it. They foul pretty much every play but it doesnt matter because that deep bench can withstand players in foul trouble. this series has shown that when perkins gets 2 fouls early or pierce fouls out late in the game.

Bynum is a huge asset for LA if healthy and Artest is the biggest difference. he can stretch the floor for LA and guard the best player on any team. I just dont see it as enough. IDK if enough has changed in the last 2 years.

Lakersho
05-20-2010, 10:30 PM
The Magic are done it's over. Going down 0-2 with homecourt is something that would take a miracle to overcome. You could argue that all the Lakers have done is hold homecourt, but it just looks like the Suns are overmatched. They still have two games coming up in Phoenix. Get ready for Lakers v. Celtics. Honestly I think Boston would have a better chance then the Magic against the Lakers anyways.

My prediction is Lakers in 6 against the Celtics. LA would have homecourt this time around and they aren't just going to be happy being there like they were in 08.

x2 my friend...

jackdawson
05-20-2010, 10:54 PM
that same miami heat team had who on their side? Oh ya.. Mr. Infamous himself, Tim Donaghy. :facepalm:

You can start watching golf if you can't deal with watching Dwyane Tyron Wade. He was your daddy in the finals, ask mummy if you were still a fetus during the finals.

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-20-2010, 10:54 PM

That's pretty dumb to compare the Mavs with the Celtics! The Mavs always have been a softy defensive team! that was luck to be up 2-0 on Miami, the Celtics play defense and the Magic can't run around like they want. It's all about matchups and Orlando isn't as big or tough as Boston plain and simple. Both of these series are over!!!!! It's perfect to have the best 2 franchises in the NBA and the last 2 champs battle. I wish Orlando would beat Boston because the Lakers would stomp that azzz like they did last June, but then again getting revenge on Boston is what every real Laker fan wants

Lakers are more talented and better than 2008 and will beat Boston in 6

D Blue987
05-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Firstly, I never said they were the only ones who know how to be champions so chill.

Secondly, The roster they have now equals the roster of 08. No house but Tony Allen has proven very servicable on both ends of the court and has been an absolute monster all playoffs when in rotation. Davis is a great finisher and hustles with the best of them. He is vastly improved and is coming off the bench with starters talent. Sheed has veteran and championship experience but above all he has length. LA hasnt faced that from anyone yet. They have had a deeper front line but that isnt true against boston.

Thirdly, Boston is so physical and IDC what gasol is tired of, he is still soft. They have the single best defensive coach in the game and the players to maximize it. They foul pretty much every play but it doesnt matter because that deep bench can withstand players in foul trouble. this series has shown that when perkins gets 2 fouls early or pierce fouls out late in the game.

Bynum is a huge asset for LA if healthy and Artest is the biggest difference. he can stretch the floor for LA and guard the best player on any team. I just dont see it as enough. IDK if enough has changed in the last 2 years.

Ya having two great players that didnt play in the 2008 series isnt much of a change? Come on. The Lakers have punished everybody except the Thunder who exposed LA's main weakness in dealing with speedsters which Boston only has Rondo that can do that. All those other guys are slow. It would be a great series if it happened but you cant really state that not enough has changed in the last 2 years. LA is not the same team as 2008.

ZioAx
05-20-2010, 11:08 PM
It would be Celtics in 5

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Ya having two great players that didnt play in the 2008 series isnt much of a change? Come on. The Lakers have punished everybody except the Thunder who exposed LA's main weakness in dealing with speedsters which Boston only has Rondo that can do that. All those other guys are slow. It would be a great series if it happened but you cant really state that not enough has changed in the last 2 years. LA is not the same team as 2008.

x2

Lakers are ten times different than 08. They're tougher and flat out way better on defense. I think the C's are too old to matchup with L.A

barreleffact
05-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Bynum still isnt 100%. he played 19 minutes in game 1 and how many in game2? thats against a team that isnt capable of defending him. The artest part is VERY viable tho but i dont see bynum being a huge factor. Nobody besides westbrook killed the lakers. rondo can do the same but i honestly see them placing kobe too guard rondo like they eventually put him on westbrook. I think it would be a great series but i would be more surprised as of now to see LA win than to see boston win considering boston is taking down actual threats

still1ballin
05-20-2010, 11:17 PM
It would be Celtics in 5

Come on dude. Seriously? 5 games?

ZioAx
05-20-2010, 11:23 PM

Lakers are soft. I'm really not that concerned.

avrpatsfan
05-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Good job on jinxing it ;). I hope we are able to advance and have a great series with the Lakers!

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-20-2010, 11:25 PM

thats a typical chowderhead......living in 2008 still. He forgot were the defending champs NOW and were going to smoke those guys. It's gonna be sweet revenge with back to back titles as the iceing on the cake.

JordansBulls
05-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Whoever wins the East, which at this point, looks like the Celts.

It's the East turn this year to win.

2003- Spurs
2004 - Pistons
2005 - Spurs
2006 - Heat
2007 - Spurs
2008 - Celtics
2009 - Lakers
2010 - Celtics or Magic.:)

still1ballin
05-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Lakers are soft. I'm really not that concerned.

LOL if you say so amigo

ZioAx
05-20-2010, 11:29 PM
thats a typical chowderhead......living in 2008 still. He forgot were the defending champs NOW and were going to smoke those guys. It's gonna be sweet revenge with back to back titles as the iceing on the cake.

Should I just pick LA to make you happy? How long have you been on the bandwagon?

Celtics would hit the Lakers in the mouth like they did in 08.

LA_Raiders
05-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Lakers in 5

_KB24_
05-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Lakers in 6. Kobe is having the best post season of his career, and Artest will shut down Pierce. I have a feeling Rondo is going to have a very average series in the Finals.

still1ballin
05-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Should I just pick LA to make you happy? How long have you been on the bandwagon?

Of course not, you are a Celtics fan and its okay to pick them to beat the Lakers, but the way you are saying it is that the Celtics are gonna whoop the Lakers, especially in only 5 games. Being a little cocky? The Lakers are not the Magic.

All I am saying is don't talk so much garbage because it may bite you in the *** and you may end up in my sig. Just like Mavrix

Apophis
05-20-2010, 11:34 PM
I say celtics in 6...

still1ballin
05-20-2010, 11:35 PM
I think it might go 7. Rondo will go off as usually, averging nearly a triple double. The match up I want to see is Artest/Pierce. We signed up to go against the elite SF's and now is the time. They both have somewhat a history. I am confident that he can somewhat shut down Pierce. I say Lakers in 6 or 7. Keep in mind Lakers will have HCA this time.

ZioAx
05-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Of course not, you are a Celtics fan and its okay to pick them to beat the Lakers, but the way you are saying it is that the Celtics are gonna whoop the Lakers, especially in only 5 games. Being a little cocky? The Lakers are not the Magic.

All I am saying is don't talk so much garbage because it may bite you in the *** and you may end up in my sig. Just like Mavrix

Can I assume you'll attack the kid who just said Lakers in 5?
Of course not because god forbid I say anything negative about your little Lakers.

This is why people hate your fan base. I don't know which is worse, Philly or LA

Jahari Kavi
05-20-2010, 11:37 PM
u can't call out a fan for having faith in their team...even if they are down 2-0

mrtrey1992
05-20-2010, 11:37 PM
is dat a trick question lakers

still1ballin
05-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Can I assume you'll attack the kid who just said Lakers in 5?
Of course not because god forbid I say anything negative about your little Lakers.

This is why people hate your fan base. I don't know which is worse, Philly or LA

Well comments like yours makes people hate your fan base as well.

You simply put Celtics in 5, and I basically wanted your opinion on why Celtics would beat the Lakers in 5 and you just posted complete garbage, but thats fine, I am cool with it because like many other posters have posted the same comments and their team lost and I made them look like a fool.

shep33
Gonna be a good series.... The Celtics just match up so perfectly against the Magic and Cavs that its ridiculous... with the Lakers though its like they're almost evenly matched... weird situation

Rondo> Fish... but Kobe will likely guard Rondo
Kobe>Allen
Pierce vs Artest is gonna be one of the keys; Ron shut him down in the season
Pau>KG... but all KG needs to do is play good D; Pau has been on fire though since the 2nd half of the year
Bynum and Perk are just about even, Bynum better on offense, Perk a solid defender... interesting matchup here

Odom vs Wallace... both playing well in the post season, but Odom has been lights out lately

Tony Allen and Big Baby vs Farmar and Shannon Brown... again very close in terms of production

B-Ray
orlando and phoenix are not out yet ......

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-20-2010, 11:42 PM

I've been a Laker fan since I was a young boy watching Magic get drafted outta Michigan State and watch them build a team with Kareem, Worthy, Byron Scott, Cooper, Rambis etc.......Actually I think it took Boston 20+ years to finally win a championship when they did in 2008.I do know that this championship this season will be the 5th since 2000 for the Lakers son. Get over 2008 that was 2 long years ago. Where were your C's last year while we took the trophy back to L.A were it belongs?????

NPH
05-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Every Heat fans also thought they will still win the series when they was down 1-3, dude accept reality before it turns into depression.

Leave it aloneeeeeee.

ZioAx
05-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Well comments like yours makes people hate your fan base as well.

You simply put Celtics in 5, and I basically wanted your opinion on why Celtics would beat the Lakers in 5 and you just posted complete garbage, but thats fine, I am cool with it because like many other posters have posted the same comments and their team lost and I made them look like a fool.

I might have been too generous to call it a "fan base", you're all front runners like the homie a couple posts above.

How was it garbage? What was the main reason why you lost to us in 08? We were TOUGHER, Lakers were too SOFT. LA player's even admitted that was the case.

You made me look like a fool? Did I miss something?

That Laker fan only put "Lakers in 5" I'm waiting for you to quote him a cry like a little girl about it. You're going to hold him to the same standard too...right? Kid just stop

Did I just make you look like a fool? I think so

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Gonna be a good series.... The Celtics just match up so perfectly against the Magic and Cavs that its ridiculous... with the Lakers though its like they're almost evenly matched... weird situation

Kobe>Allen
Pau>KG... but all KG needs to do is play good D; Pau has been on fire though since the 2nd half of the year
Bynum and Perk are just about even, Bynum better on offense, Perk a solid defender... interesting matchup here

Odom vs Wallace... both playing well in the post season, but Odom has been lights out lately

Tony Allen and Big Baby vs Farmar and Shannon Brown... again very close in terms of production

Artest is a lock down defender, I doubt Pierce is old and can't create is own shot like he still could in 2008. Ron will shut him down like he did in both meetings this season.

fadedmario
05-20-2010, 11:47 PM
It's the East turn this year to win.

2003- Spurs
2004 - Pistons
2005 - Spurs
2006 - Heat
2007 - Spurs
2008 - Celtics
2009 - Lakers
2010 - Celtics or Magic.:)

interesting...

JordansBulls
Lakers in 6. Kobe is having the best post season of his career, and Artest will shut down Pierce. I have a feeling Rondo is going to have a very average series in the Finals.

You gotta be kidding me here? He isn't even leading the team in PER or Win Shares this postseason. How is it the best of his career? At least last year he led in both.

NPH
:laugh2: You obviously have not been watching the playoffs this year. Homecourt doesn't mean squat this year. Did Boston not win one in Miami to close them out in 5? Did they not win Game 2 and Game 5 in Cleveland to finish the Cavs in 6? Did Orlando not win 2 in Charlotte and in Atlanta to get consecutive sweeps? The Lakers won 2 in Utah for the sweep. As did the Suns in San Antonio. If Boston plays the Lakers and steals one in LA, they will do all they can to make sure it doesn't go back to LA for a Game 6. Seriously dude, homecourt is pointless in these playoffs. There have been more home blowouts this year in the postseason then I can remember. Boston over LA again!!! EPIC FAIL!!! :facepalm:

PLEASE! Please, just touch my nipples.

MJ-BULLS
Lakers.

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-20-2010, 11:48 PM
:laugh2: You obviously have not been watching the playoffs this year. Homecourt doesn't mean squat this year. Did Boston not win one in Miami to close them out in 5? Did they not win Game 2 and Game 5 in Cleveland to finish the Cavs in 6? Did Orlando not win 2 in Charlotte and in Atlanta to get consecutive sweeps? The Lakers won 2 in Utah for the sweep. As did the Suns in San Antonio. If Boston plays the Lakers and steals one in LA, they will do all they can to make sure it doesn't go back to LA for a Game 6. Seriously dude, homecourt is pointless in these playoffs. There have been more home blowouts this year in the postseason then I can remember. Boston over LA again!!! EPIC FAIL!!! :facepalm:

Homecourt means something to the Lakers they haven't lost yet this postseason and aren't about too.

J$mo0th_3o5
05-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Celtics.

Truheatfan
05-20-2010, 11:49 PM

WTF what heat fans are you talkin about! i didnt even think we were gonna win the series let alone when we were down 1-3, which is why most heat fans wanted to play the hawks so if 1 moron makes a dumb statement like that it doesnt mean EVERY heat fan felt that way :facepalm:

and celtics are gonna win they play the best defense and are mentally tougher than the lakers :cool:

barreleffact
05-20-2010, 11:49 PM

Kobe>Allen

rondo>fisher
allen<kobe
pierce >= artest. it all depends on artests shot but this matchup is key
KG=Pau KG defense is legit plain and simple
Perkins=Bynum but Perkinswill likely play more

Wallace<Odom

T Allen and Big Baby >>> Farmar and Brown and its not even close

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-20-2010, 11:50 PM
I love Boston scrubs that win 1 championship since the 80's and now they're cocky? LOL-God I can't wait for that series to start, Imma go find that kid that rides Rondo's package and rub it in his face like I would dog crap.

ZioAx
05-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I love Boston scrubs that win 1 championship since the 80's and now they're cocky? LOL-God I can't wait for that series to start, Imma go find that kid that rides Rondo's package and rub it in his face like I would dog crap.

Just look at this tough kid. Typical Laker fan. :facepalm:

Hey kiddo, what's the all-time matchup W/L for when we face you in the Finals? It may be too embarrassing for you to post.

still1ballin
05-20-2010, 11:54 PM
I might have been too generous to call it a "fan base", you're all front runners like the homie a couple posts above.

How was it garbage? What was the main reason why you lost to us in 08? We were TOUGHER, Lakers were too SOFT. LA player's even admitted that was the case.

You made me look like a fool? Did I miss something?

That Laker fan only put "Lakers in 5" I'm waiting for you to quote him a cry like a little girl about it. You're going to hold him to the same standard too...right? Kid just stop

Did I just make you look like a fool? I think so

Indeed, Celtics were more physical then us in 08 and out played us. But remember, Lakers were missing 2 of their starters with Ariza in Bynum. Not saying with their contributions Lakers would of won the series but anything could of happen.

You say Celtics in 5. This Lakers team is by far better then the one in 08 and the team in 08 went 6 games, and you say that this Lakers team will only win 1 game in the series. I disagree. But hey I am a Lakers fan.

Regardless, I am here to be realistic, of course I am going for the Lakers and want them to win, and thats normal for any fan to root for their team and think they are gonna win, but when you post stupid **** like Celtics in 5 and Celtics are gonna whoop the Lakers like they did in 08 is garbage. Posts like that make people hate you and your fan base. You certainly remind of Mavrix.

Here is a couple of posts of Mavrix

I'm 90% sure we'll make the finals which is why I made the bet.

Let the haters hate, we will all see who the last team standing is in June.

Mavs vs Lakers in the WCF, book it.

ToLiveInDieInLA
interesting...

2000-Lakers
2001-Lakers
2002-Lakers

The Lakers got homecourt this time and they haven't forgot about 2008, the difference is Ron Ron he will shut down Pierce like he did in BOTH GAMES THIS SEASON. Pauly thinks he is tough cause he is from Inglewood, but Ron Ron is legit tough and Paul knows to bow down when they play. He don't want any part of that there...........

still1ballin
Celtics.

come mierda!!!!!:mad:

lol

lakerboy
05-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Lakers in 5. I'm not kidding. It isn't 2008.

Gasol will TOUGHEN UP. Trust me.

You're going to wish Posey were there to guard Kobe.

WHO THE **** WILL GUARD KOBE? PAUL PIERCE? Ha.

I am going to the game with a freaking Pierce jersey in a freaking wheelchair and a fake Oscar award. I'm going to throw the wheelchair on the court if I see Paul Pierce go down on the floor.

Bynum will be a good addition.

No more Radmanovic or Walton at the SF, we have freaking Ron Artest to stop an older Pierce

Ray Allen vs Fisher

Rondo will have his, but we will win in the end.

The series starts 2-0, Boston wins game 3, then we will finish them in 5.

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Just look at this tough kid. Typical Laker fan. :facepalm:

Hey kiddo, what's the all-time matchup W/L for when we face you in the Finals? It may be too embarrassing for you to post.

Hey donk, you and I weren't even around for all those Finals so I don't really care :) Where were you guys last year? Aren't we the defending champs RIGHT NOW??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your getting owned by multiple peeps in here do yourself a favor now, go hang yourself from the shower-rod.:clap:

ZioAx
05-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Lakers in 5. I'm not kidding. It isn't 2008.

Gasol will TOUGHEN UP. Trust me.

Bynum will be a good addition.

No more Radmanovic or Walton at the SF, we have freaking Ron Artest to stop an older Pierce

Ray Allen vs Fisher

Rondo will have his, but we will win in the end.

The series starts 2-0, Boston wins game 3, then we will finish them in 5.

That's some grade A logic there holy ****!

J$mo0th_3o5
come mierda!!!!!:mad:

lol

:p I still love you puto

no homo:cool:

ZioAx
Hey donk, you and I weren't even around for all those Finals so I don't really care :) Where were you guys last year? Aren't we the defending champs RIGHT NOW??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your getting owned by multiple peeps in here do yourself a favor now, go hang yourself from the shower-rod.:clap:

It's way past your bedtime

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Indeed, Celtics were more physical then us in 08 and out played us. But remember, Lakers were missing 2 of their starters with Ariza in Bynum. Not saying with their contributions Lakers would of won the series but anything could of happen.

You say Celtics in 5. This Lakers team is by far better then the one in 08 and the team in 08 went 6 games, and you say that this Lakers team will only win 1 game in the series. I disagree. But hey I am a Lakers fan.

Regardless, I am here to be realistic, of course I am going for the Lakers and want them to win, and thats normal for any fan to root for their team and think they are gonna win, but when you post stupid **** like Celtics in 5 and Celtics are gonna whoop the Lakers like they did in 08 is garbage. Posts like that make people hate you and your fan base. You certainly remind of Mavrix.

I know that Mavrix guy is the worst homer around........even worse than these moron Boston fan that is living something from 2yrs ago! LOL

ZioAx
05-21-2010, 12:00 AM

You're a joke. You still havent quoted the Laker fan who said they would win in 5. Just admitt I have to pick the Lakers or the "fans" will jump down my throat.

ZioAx
05-21-2010, 12:01 AM
I know that Mavrix guy is the worst homer around........even worse than these moron Boston fan that is living something from 2yrs ago! LOL

You're living from 1 year ago! LOL

DCB/LAL
05-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Ron Artest was brought in to slow down guys like Pirece we ALL saw how bad Pierce is when he has great D played on him if he though LBJ was hard to score on Artest will be just as hard if not harder.

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-21-2010, 12:04 AM
It's way past your bedtime

Brillant statement: You never answered my question? Who are the defending champs? Your talking big! You would think the C's are the champs?? oh wait that was 2yrs ago.........let it go son, I know you know as well as I do that it will be another 20+yrs before you see another championship.

Your a clown and need a solid life. Im going to find you when we win and I'm going to be that bottle of salt in that nasty cut.

still1ballin
05-21-2010, 12:06 AM
:p I still love you puto

no homo:cool:

:love:

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-21-2010, 12:06 AM
You're living from 1 year ago! LOL

Thanks for posting that now you proved yourself to be the biggest fool on here............Congrats!!!

It's called being the champs until someone takes it from you "smartguy" :facepalm: Like we did last year, we would've loved to play Boston last year to get revenge but you scrubs couldn't even get outta the 2nd round. Were on the verge of going to the Finals for the 3rd straight year. Im going to find you in a couple of weeks after game 6 and Ron is yelling "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!"

ZioAx
05-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Brillant statement: You never answered my question? Who are the defending champs? Your talking big! You would think the C's are the champs?? oh wait that was 2yrs ago.........let it go son, I know you know as well as I do that it will be another 20+yrs before you see another championship.

Your a clown and need a solid life. Im going to find you when we win and I'm going to be that bottle of salt in that nasty cut.

You sound like a 5 year old. Grow up kid.

Stop living in the past. Its been a year since you won. I love your ****ing brilliant logic.

still1ballin
05-21-2010, 12:09 AM
You're a joke. You still havent quoted the Laker fan who said they would win in 5. Just admitt I have to pick the Lakers or the "fans" will jump down my throat.

LOL I am a joke? No you are a joke, just like Mavrix was. Your posts are so similar among you guys.

I don't care what other Laker fans have to say, if you don't agree with them, then you talk to him, thats not my problem. This conversation was between us so don't try to change the subject and bring other people into this.

ZioAx
05-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Thanks for posting that now you proved yourself to be the biggest fool on here............Congrats!!!

It's called being the champs until someone takes it from you "smartguy" :facepalm:

We're both different teams from when we won. You are beyond stupid.

How many time have you beaten us in the Finals? What's it at....9-2? Something along those lines.

ZioAx
05-21-2010, 12:12 AM
LOL I am a joke? No you are a joke, just like Mavrix was. Your posts are so similar among you guys.

I don't care what other Laker fans have to say, if you don't agree with them, then you talk to him, thats not my problem. This conversation was between us so don't try to change the subject and bring other people into this.

You claim to be upset that I stated my prediction with no other substance. A Laker fan did the same thing and you said nothing to him. You cried like a little girl about how I was being cocky. Yes, you are an absolute joke.

GspLAL
05-21-2010, 12:14 AM
I'll say the same thing I've said time and time again. Hedo isn't the reason we lost. Vince Carter fills in fine. We're not 'missing' Hedo, by any means..Boston is just the better team right now..Why don't people understand this? This year's Boston Celtics are not the Boston Celtic's we played last year, WITHOUT Kevin Garnett, an upgraded Rondo, and an even hungrier Boston team. Both of these games have been relatively close, but all you guys can think about is Hedo. Why not think about something else? I don't know, maybe Boston being better than us? This Boston team is tougher than both the Boston team we faced last year, and the Cleveland team. And If I'm right, maybe even this LA team.

Hedo was a mis match for Boston plus he would create for other players.

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-21-2010, 12:19 AM

How many time have you beaten us in the Finals? What's it at....9-2? Something along those lines.

9-3 in a few weeks............and the Lakers will be back to back champs. I could care-less about what happened when you and I weren't even born yet! LOL!! The Lakers championship this year will be 5 championships since 2000. WOW!!!!

Kobe gonna get his 5th ring its gonna be sweet and tie Jordan with his 6th next year!!! ANYTHING IS POSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIBLE!!!!

still1ballin
05-21-2010, 12:20 AM
You claim to be upset that I stated my prediction with no other substance. A Laker fan did the same thing and you said nothing to him. You cried like a little girl about how I was being cocky. Yes, you are an absolute joke.

Upset? Why would I be upset of that? I was just amaze that you are so confident that the C's will beat the Lakers in 5. You make it seem it will be a no contest in which I just said don't get ahead of yourself and because if the Celtics do indeed lose you will look even more dumb

kobe24>lebron23
05-21-2010, 12:22 AM

i think that laker fan said lakers in 5 to mock you for saying celtics in 5 happy:rolleyes:

kobe24>lebron23
05-21-2010, 12:25 AM
i got L.A in 6

kobe to motivated maybe more then last year
gasol best big man in the league at least offensively
artest will contain pierce
rondo will get his
and bynum will have some good games but im only expecting 8-8 from him

bench edge goes to boston but all in all lakers will prevail!!!!!

lets go lakeshow!!!!!!!!!!!

ZioAx
05-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Upset? Why would I be upset of that? I was just amaze that you are so confident that the C's will beat the Lakers in 5. You make it seem it will be a no contest in which I just said don't get ahead of yourself and because if the Celtics do indeed lose you will look even more dumb

And you just keep ignoring the fact that you paid no attention to the Laker fan being too confident by saying Lakers in 5.

The intelligence by Laker fans in these past few pages is astounding. If its not a 5 year old obnoxiously saying "LaKeRs1111!!! cElTiCs SRUBS1!!" its another attacking a Celtic fan because he picked the Lakers to go down too quick for his taste. The Lakers "toughness" wasnt an issue in 08 huh?

Just admit you have no damn point. You just keep looking dumber with each post.

ToLiveInDieInLA
05-21-2010, 12:27 AM

Your bragging about a great record from decades ago but want me to get over the Lakers championship 11 months ago?

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner.

Gotta go, this stupid guy is wasting my time we all know the champs will stay at the top and win the series in 6.

ZioAx
05-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Your bragging about a great record from decades ago but want me to get over the Lakers championship 11 months ago?

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner.

Gotta go, this stupid guy is wasting my time we all know the champs will stay at the top and win the series in 6.

It was 11 months ago, stop living in the past. Your team is soft and I'm sure you are too Mr. Forum tough guy.

fadedmario
05-21-2010, 12:32 AM
2000-Lakers
2001-Lakers
2002-Lakers

The Lakers got homecourt this time and they haven't forgot about 2008, the difference is Ron Ron he will shut down Pierce like he did in BOTH GAMES THIS SEASON. Pauly thinks he is tough cause he is from Inglewood, but Ron Ron is legit tough and Paul knows to bow down when they play. He don't want any part of that there...........

I just thought it was interesting. I still think LA wins (check previous posts)

jackdawson
05-21-2010, 12:34 AM
My pick: celtics because...

Their chemistry has started working and it's near impossible to stop them when it does work.

To me Pau Gasol is the main winning machine for the lakers not kobe and Gasol will have his hardest times against Garnett.

Rondo will make fisher look like a school kid.

fairandbalanced
05-21-2010, 12:35 AM
I got the Celtics in 5. Playing the Suns in the western conference finals is not good for L.A because Celtics defense would catch them off guard. Boston bench with Rasheed, tony Allen and big baby is just too much for L.A.

Home court advantage is also not a good thing in the finals because of the 2-3-1-1 format.

tr4shb0t
05-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Both teams are pretty different from 2 years ago. Rondo will be a tough cover for the Lakers, but their length should help some. I think Boston has worse perimiter defense

Mainly I have the Lakers over the Celtics becasue Artest will do a pretty good job to shut down Pierce, Ray Allen will be streaky, and Pau is healthier than KG. Lakers don't want to be beaten again like in 08 and especially with HCA this time. You can bet they will come out ready and focused.

Can't wait for the finals to start.

Wilson
05-21-2010, 12:38 AM
There are two series going on right now, and this thread has just become an insult laced arguments. I'm closing this.