PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Suns Miracle Staff - Why don't more player go there?

BkOriginalOne
05-20-2010, 04:19 PM
I am not a Phoenix Suns fan, so I am speaking from an unbiased perspective.
Over the past few years the Phoenix Staff has done a marvelous job keeping their players in shape.

They had Shaq eating cactus and having a solid season.
Grant Hill, who many thought would have retired by now, and had a great season, even playing in 81 games. He turns 38 next season.
Amare who went down with horrible injuries, and he has returned to be a force in the NBA again.
And let's not forget Nash, who is 34 and playing at MVP level.

My question is: Why don't more players go here, try to win and rehab at the same time. Take a pay cut, so what, it's better for your career.
The first guy I was considering for a while was Tracy Mcgrady.
How could would a Mcgrady even at 60% of his former self be rotating with Grant Hill.

Secondly, How about a guy like Allen Iverson.
If he were willing to come off the pine, it could give them a chance to move Barbosa for more frontcourt help (he never really fit in with Gentry's system)
Here's a deal - Barbosa for Dalembert - simple.

Thoughts?

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Because they can't win a Championship.

Just kidding, I don't know why. It's hot as balls over there. :p

SteveNash
05-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Secondly, How about a guy like Allen Iverson.
If he were willing to come off the pine,

:laugh::laugh:

Anyway, I think the Suns medical staff is overrated and unproven. Just because some older players have been fairly healthy doesn't necessarily mean they're great, they could just be lucky.

marlinsfan24
05-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Shaq wasn't hurt when he went there. He was unomotivated in Miami and came out and played hard with the Suns to spite Riley.

Nash's production at 34 doesn't prove much to anyone. He's a great player and is still great. He's not a major slasher and for the most part avoids contact and takes care of himself from before.

Hill is the only one I really credit to the Suns staff. They have done great with him.

AI4MVP
05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Suns medical staff is legendary. thats why im hoping we make a push for Yao Ming

td0tsfinest
05-20-2010, 04:37 PM
There are too many Mexicans. :p
I kid, I kid.

Well after this years journey to the WCF, I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns were able to get a big name this off-season. Personally, I feel their biggest need is more depth.

Penetra8r
05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Who wants to live in the desert?

thephoenixson28
05-20-2010, 04:50 PM
This is a dream but how about this

Sign mcgrady fix him up

Sign redd fix him up

Sign yao fix him up

Let amare walk and sign dirk

Trade barbosa,and richardson for a decent player.

Pg.Nash
Sg.Redd
Sf.Mcgrady
Pf.Dirk
C. Yao

Not to mention our bench.

BOSTON617
05-20-2010, 04:52 PM
shaqtus!!!!!!!!!

sixer04fan
05-20-2010, 04:52 PM
It's not the "miracle staff"

It's Steve Nash... He makes everyone better around him.

BOSTON617
05-20-2010, 04:53 PM
This is a dream but how about this

Sign mcgrady fix him up

Sign redd fix him up

Sign yao fix him up

Let amare walk and sign dirk

Trade barbosa,and richardson for a decent player.

Pg.Nash
Sg.Redd
Sf.Mcgrady
Pf.Dirk
C. Yao

Not to mention our bench.

impossible to fix them up :facepalm: lol

thephoenixson28
05-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Who wants to live in the desert? Who doesn't. I rather be in the dry heat, than the wet heat.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-20-2010, 04:59 PM
maybe they trade amare for eddy"burger"curry

thephoenixson28
05-20-2010, 05:00 PM
impossible to fix them up :facepalm: lol They said the same about grant hill.

*Silver&Black*
05-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Anyway, I think the Suns medical staff is overrated and unproven.

I'm sorry, but these are not players. Unproven? What staff then has been proven? Is there an All-proven Staff team awards at the end of the year?

Grant Hill, Amare's issues. Sounds like that Staff is proven to me.

heyman321
05-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Steve Nash is not 34 dude. He's 36, which makes what he's doing even more unbelievable.

Nirvanaskurdt
05-20-2010, 07:06 PM
maybe they trade amare for eddy"burger"curry

terrible trade :pity:

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Guys, SteveNash is the complete definition of Troll. Don't listen to him.

whitemamba33
05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
They aren't anything spectacular..they are just doing their job. You can look at a whole bunch of teams and make the same arguments. Every team has a top-of-the line support staff that know what they are doing. They don't just hire people off the street. What varies is the types of injuries and the willingness of the players to participate.

Bishnoff
05-20-2010, 08:49 PM
i'm sorry, but these are not players. Unproven? What staff then has been proven? is there an all-proven staff team awards at the end of the year?

grant hill, amare's issues. Sounds like that staff is proven to me.

lol!

+1

Bishnoff
05-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Shaq wasn't hurt when he went there. He was unomotivated in Miami and came out and played hard with the Suns to spite Riley.

He may not have been injured but he sure as hell was unfit when he joined the Suns. Shaq managed to play 75 regular season games in 2008-09 with the up-tempo Suns. That's the most games he'd played in a regular season since 1999-00. In fact, he's only ever played more than 75 regular season games 4 times in 18 seasons.

Nash's production at 34 doesn't prove much to anyone. He's a great player and is still great. He's not a major slasher and for the most part avoids contact and takes care of himself from before.

Nash is actually 36 years of age and penetrates the paint at every opportunity to find passing lanes. Nash gets more banged up than any other player in the NBA (i.e. Black Eye against the Spurs in the 2010 WC Semi-Finals) and always ranks amongst the league leaders in charges taken. Hes perennially had back problems and yet he still plays on.

rocky4104
05-20-2010, 09:16 PM
because its not a big basketball city like NY, Chicago, and LA

ldc62
05-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Most of the suns players follow a good proper diet. Don't give the staff that much credit. Take Nash for example: He stops consuming too much sugar in his diet. The staff could recommend this idea, but if Nash wanted to, he could ignore it.

hotpotato1092
05-20-2010, 10:23 PM
It's simple: as great as the medical staff is, the ownership is equally bad. Just a few players they missed out on due to their utter refusal to pay the luxury tax: Rajon Rondo, Joe Johnson (debatable, but still), Andre Iguodala/Luol Deng, Kurt Thomas (had but traded for salary purposes), two first round picks (to OKC), and I'm sure there are some others that aren't as well known. The bottom line is this: players don't want to go somewhere with an ownership that isn't committed to winning, and Robert Sarver CLEARLY isn't.

Bishnoff
05-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Most of the suns players follow a good proper diet. Don't give the staff that much credit. Take Nash for example: He stops consuming too much sugar in his diet. The staff could recommend this idea, but if Nash wanted to, he could ignore it.

So by your logic, removing sugar from one's diet cures Knee (Amar'e), Ankle (Hill), and Back (Nash) injuries?

Yes, Nash is a fanatic when it comes to his health & diet (and some of the other players have followed suit), but please don't discredit what the Suns' trainers (Nelson in particular) have done over the last 5 or so seasons.

Bishnoff
05-20-2010, 10:35 PM
It's simple: as great as the medical staff is, the ownership is equally bad. Just a few players they missed out on due to their utter refusal to pay the luxury tax: Rajon Rondo, Joe Johnson (debatable, but still), Andre Iguodala/Luol Deng, Kurt Thomas (had but traded for salary purposes), two first round picks (to OKC), and I'm sure there are some others that aren't as well known. The bottom line is this: players don't want to go somewhere with an ownership that isn't committed to winning, and Robert Sarver CLEARLY isn't.

So true :(

SteveNash
05-20-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm sorry, but these are not players. Unproven? What staff then has been proven? Is there an All-proven Staff team awards at the end of the year?

Grant Hill, Amare's issues. Sounds like that Staff is proven to me.

A lot of it is down to luck.

I don't know why you bring up Amare since he had to have microfracture surgery, then allowed him to come back early which didn't do any good. Along with his eye injury where he injured it, then allowed him to take his glasses off where he wound up suffering another eye injury and had to sit out the rest of the season?

Is that a miracle? No, they're not some mythical healers that can resurrect McGrady.