PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Sidekick for Allen Iverson?

JordansBulls
05-20-2010, 12:19 PM
What player would be the ideal sidekick for Iveron to play with in his career?

Personally, I think someone like David Robinson would be ideal. He is incredibly efficient but needs someone who can take over in the 4th which Iverson can do.

Hawkeye15
05-20-2010, 12:28 PM
someone like Rodman with an incredible offensive rebound rate to collect all the misses

IAmKira
05-20-2010, 12:28 PM
why we talking about Mr. washed up Canswer? How about the ideal sidekick for Chris Paul or John Wall! :D

ShockerArt
05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
someone like Rodman with an incredible offensive rebound rate to collect all the misses

:rimshot:

Pierzynski4Prez
05-20-2010, 12:43 PM
an ideal sidekick for AI would be a 40 oz. and a few *****es.

igPay atinLay
05-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Stockton, Nash, Kidd, CP3, etc...Iverson was not a point guard and if he was with a great point guard than you would have seen a dynamic with both players that would have been one of the great duo's in NBA history.

I also think many people don't appreciate how amazing AI really was, they would rather trash him for off court issues but there may have never been a great warrior in league history.

tredigs
05-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Was this thread bumped from 1996? Wtf?

mvb815
05-20-2010, 12:52 PM
igoudala

miller74
05-20-2010, 12:53 PM

My thoughts exacltly, someone who will get him the ball so he can shoot more and someone he doesnt have to pass to

C_Mund
05-20-2010, 12:54 PM
The Admiral was a good pick.
I also think somebody like a prime Marion who plays defense, rebounds, and runs would be great...also doesn't require the ball in his hands to be effective on offense.

WashedOut87
05-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Dwight Howard. Won't happen, Iverson is done.

fadedmario
05-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Iverson was the most selfish NBA player in history. No one would want to play with him.

knickfan4life
05-20-2010, 01:01 PM
if iverson had the following players on his team the year he went to the finals, he would have swept the lakers...

1. zydrunas ilgouskas
2. kurt thomas
3. scottie pippen
4. ray allen
5. allen iverson

why? all he needed was 4 guys who can hit a god damn open jumpshot. he was the BEST PENETRATOR in the HISTORY of basketball. no0one cud ever get to the basket like he could and probably never will. he was a warrior. he never had a group of guys that could knock down the damn jump shot. obviously if they would have went man to man, no0one and their mother cud have stopped him one on one

THE MTL
05-20-2010, 01:21 PM
You know I really CANNOT stand all you new fans. All u do is bash Iverson like he wasnt good a mere three years ago. STFU all of you! Iverson is still one of the best little men to ever play the game of basketball and once he's mentioned now-a-days its cancer this, selfish that, he's washed up, and sucks.

Its really uncalled for. Maybe if you ppl payed attention to NBA history a little more, you would be better NBA fans.

Anyway, Iverson loved to penetrate and kick out; thus making Ray Allen a great sidekick. Also he never really had a post-presence. C-Webb was good for that one year.
I think if you give Iverson, Ray Allen it would be a done deal.

Anyway, sixers lost in the Finals because Shaq was SO DOMINANT! He beat up Mutumbo the whole series. I think if you had the ONLY PERSON who could stop Shaq on the Sixers they would have won! IM TALKING ABOUT HAKEEM OLAJAWON!

knickfan4life
05-20-2010, 01:51 PM
You know I really CANNOT stand all you new fans. All u do is bash Iverson like he wasnt good a mere three years ago. STFU all of you! Iverson is still one of the best little men to ever play the game of basketball and once he's mentioned now-a-days its cancer this, selfish that, he's washed up, and sucks.

Its really uncalled for. Maybe if you ppl payed attention to NBA history a little more, you would be better NBA fans.

Anyway, Iverson loved to penetrate and kick out; thus making Ray Allen a great sidekick. Also he never really had a post-presence. C-Webb was good for that one year.

Anyway, sixers lost in the Finals because Shaq was SO DOMINANT! He beat up Mutumbo the whole series. I think if you had the ONLY PERSON who could stop Shaq on the Sixers they would have won! IM TALKING ABOUT HAKEEM OLAJAWON!

i dunno man, though olajawan did kill shaq, i think by 2000 shaq was too dominant, he wuda had his regardless of who it was, even hakeem. i think in 95 shaq was not as good as 2000 shaq. maybe 2000 shaq wuda beat hakeem
in 95. that was a deadly magic team back then.... ahhh, the good ol' days of basketball when defense thrived

Sixerlover
05-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Any player who prides themselves on defense, and can hit the open 3.

Niro
05-20-2010, 02:16 PM
dude you are like 10 years late

to answer the thread so how about billups or if you wanna score 140+ per game(and give up 150+) monta

sep11ie
05-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Dr. Phil

Sly Guy
05-20-2010, 02:21 PM
the only acceptable sidekick for AI is AI himself.

Rentzias
05-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Iverson was the most selfish NBA player in history. No one would want to play with him.

Wilt and Barry topped Iverson.

Honest answer, if we go with the NBA Jam approach, would be Rashard Lewis or Dirk Nowitzki, a rebounding "big" who can hit a three.

kntresistheheat
05-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Tmobile's

ryder78c
05-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Tim Duncan,Tony Parker,Manu Ginobili,iverson

iverson on the spurs would make that team better iverson was one of the best players to ever play the game! people dont know basketball obviously

looks like a team that could of beat the suns

Bonner
Duncan
Jefferson
Iverson
Parker

Ginobili
Hill
Blair
Mcdyess

sixers247
05-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Webber....o nevermind

mdm692
05-20-2010, 02:47 PM
if he was a true point guard him and carmelo shoulda had the chance to win a championship when they were together

IversonIsKrazy
05-20-2010, 02:47 PM
a post player with great defense and great post game. Admiral is a very good pick.

Raph12
05-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Dwight Howard, it would be a hand-in-glove fit.

BkOriginalOne
05-20-2010, 03:20 PM
I agree with David Robinson.

Also, Kevin Garnett, Shane Battier, Antwan Jamison, Dennis Rodman, Dwight Howard
Any of these big men who play D and are strong personalities would be great.

As far as backcourt mates. Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo! Deron Williams, Tyreke Evans, Billups.

BkOriginalOne
05-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Perfect AI Team:
And very possible if you imagine these players at different points in their careers.

Billups (very affordable early in is career, with virtually the same kind of game)
Iverson
Battier
KG
Camby

In their primes, Iverson is still the best player on this team.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
OneManArmy.

KeithLBC
05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Shouldn't this have been posted in the "Comparisons" forum :rolleyes:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Mike James

What a backcourt:drool:

fadedmario
05-20-2010, 03:45 PM

I verson was a ball-hog and a cancer to his team his whole career. His inflated stats are the only thing he's got. TRUE basketball fans know this.

rleg4305
05-20-2010, 03:57 PM
I always wanted to see AI and KG

RenegadeRiot36
05-20-2010, 04:12 PM

Thank You sir. There is no reason to bash iverson at this point. he was one of the best players to ever play the game and his life has made a signifcant turn for the worse. if you have any knowledge about the game of basketball, you know there is absolutely no reasoning for bashing AI right now. its just like some people to kick a man when hes down.

TheWatcher34
05-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Big up to Iverson!! this thread invites people who jump on to the bashing bandwagon. to me Iverson is and will be one of the most inspiring and contradictive players ever. love him. the whole league and beyond they fed off off him. leave him alone. Good luck A.I.!

xxseven72ducexx
05-20-2010, 05:42 PM
im surprised people even took their time out to answer this ******** thread...im only doing it bc i wanted to say how ******** i think this thread is

Hotone1401
05-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Stockton, Nash, Kidd, CP3, etc...Iverson was not a point guard and if he was with a great point guard than you would have seen a dynamic with both players that would have been one of the great duo's in NBA history.

I also think many people don't appreciate how amazing AI really was, they would rather trash him for off court issues but there may have never been a great warrior in league history.

I don't care what a player does off the court and I still don't really respect AI's game. Sure, he was a great individual talent and one of the toughest to guard one on one, but he never could fit in with any team or any system unless the whole team played all the defense and did all the rebounding for him.

Everybody who plays with him is a sidekick basically. He would basically need a team with players that do all the dirty work. The guy would never pass the ball unless it was a last resort and that's how his game was. He could never keep a guy in front of him and he only played the passing lanes on defense. The only success he ever had was on a team that required him to do nothing but score. The Sixers back than had a starting lineup of Dikembe, Eric Snow, Aaron Mckie, Tyrone Hill, and himself I believe. The guy was simply a hired gun and you really didn't get much else from him.

I only judge him on his play and I respect what the guy has done offensively in this league. I'm simply stating why he had such little success everywhere else he's played in his career. I still believe he deserved to end his career on a better note and pretty much go out on his own terms. I feel like he was kinda forced out of the league, but than again, I didn't see him making any team better if he was picked up.

jackdawson
05-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Mike James

What a backcourt:drool:

I figured no one on PSD has mentioned Mike James as much as you have thus far. In fact, now a days it's only you who mentions mike james. Like wtf is wrong with you? Guy made it to the nba and made millions.

PHX2daDEATH
05-20-2010, 06:43 PM
a couch and a remote control

timz-a-changin
05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Right now his best sidekich would be Kenny Smith and Barkley on the pregame shows...Iverson can talk about "Practice....Practice....Practice..."

Seriously though I always saw him as a ball hog too, but he had to be... he had no help!!!

Are you referring to Iverson at his peak or to choos players any at all?

I think Shaq in his prime would have been a good compliment along with a Ray Allen like shooter... maybe Reggie Miller...That would opent the floor and allwo Shaq to dominate the middle or AI for a drive and score or dish.

boolish
05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
the remote control for his flat screen.

blacknell
05-20-2010, 07:04 PM
the old shaq

dvda 89
05-20-2010, 07:14 PM
I verson was a ball-hog and a cancer to his team his whole career. His inflated stats are the only thing he's got. TRUE basketball fans know this.

Well when the four starters on the court with you are Eric Snow, Jumaine Jones, Tyrone Hill and Dikembe Mutombo you kinda have to take all the shots. and with the teams knowing hes gonna shoot every shot he still single handedly took the Sixers to the finals.

Hotone1401
05-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Well when the four starters on the court with you are Eric Snow, Jumaine Jones, Tyrone Hill and Dikembe Mutombo you kinda have to take all the shots. and with the teams knowing hes gonna shoot every shot he still single handedly took the Sixers to the finals.

Really?? I don't remember AI playing any defense that year. I don't remember him staying in front of any other guard and stopping penetration. He only played passing lanes and he depended on all of his teammates for help side defense. He didn't single handedly carry his team to the Finals. His team protected him all the way to the Finals and his only responsibility on the team was to score.

icon1914
05-20-2010, 07:32 PM

Well I'm far from a "new fan".... I've been watching Iverson since his rookie and year and the man can ball... but he is also a player who needs the ball in his hands at all times.

I really don't think Iverson could have, in his prime, co-existed with a Robinson or Hakeem. He could have used with a Healthy Grant Hill... but I don't see him being able to ball with another player that needed the ball to be effective.

And to say Philly would have beat the Lakers in 2000 if they had the "Dream" is a dream. They lost 4 straight games, and by 2000 Hakeem was not the dominant man he was in 94 & 95. Philly lost because they had a weak team, but the fact that they made it all the way to the Finals, and actually stole Game 1, let's anyone know how good Iverson was back in the day.

m26555
05-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Garnett would have been PERFECT for Iverson.

97NYer
05-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Iverson's sidekick?

Allen Iverson

bagwell368
05-20-2010, 08:28 PM
A grenade with the pin pulled.

FarOutIos
05-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Definitely Brandon Jennings. That way he could see what he looked like when he was younger... and probably realize that it's time to retire.

I can see it now... Iverson: "Son, this is how it's done in the NBA."
Jennings: "Fool, watch me take you to school."

Testaverde16
05-20-2010, 08:54 PM
He had the ideal sidekick, Dikembe Mutumbo... Great defensive big who required nothing offensively... they werent bad together either.

bgut222
05-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Dwight Howard. Won't happen, Iverson is done.

Agreed. AI can score and needs a guy who can rebound and catch Alley opps.

DenButsu
05-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Magic Johnson.

Seriously.

thesparky33
05-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Garnett would have been the perfect compliment. KG didnt care if he had the ball, and actually preferred and thrived when he had someone else to take the last shot (Cassell, Pierce/Allen).

Evolution23
05-20-2010, 09:53 PM

Personally, I think someone like David Robinson would be ideal. He is incredibly efficient but needs someone who can take over in the 4th which Iverson can do.

Nobody hes done

Evolution23
05-20-2010, 09:54 PM

Best sidekick would be a book on how to how quit gambeling and a free guest pass to an AA meeting... LOL

n83417
05-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Wilt and Barry topped Iverson.

Honest answer, if we go with the NBA Jam approach, would be Rashard Lewis or Dirk Nowitzki, a rebounding "big" who can hit a three.

Neither Dirk or Lewis rebound. Lewis plays like his 6'3". And Dirk stopped rebounding a few years ago.

ryder78c
05-20-2010, 10:17 PM
people love to hate iverson when half of you kids were wearing his shoes and jersey.....Iverson still can play he just dont wanna take a back seat to crap players when he could easily lead a team put him on the Bobcats and they sign david lee there one of the top teams in the nba

chandler
Lee
Wallace
Jackson
Iverson

AIverson
05-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Shaq in his prime.

That's the ideal sidekick for everyone pretty much.

n83417
05-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Definitely Brandon Jennings. That way he could see what he looked like when he was younger... and probably realize that it's time to retire.

Brandon Jennings is terrible

Googlyeyes101
05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Brandon Jennings is terrible

that statement makes zero sense

Googlyeyes101
05-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Really?? I don't remember AI playing any defense that year. I don't remember him staying in front of any other guard and stopping penetration. He only played passing lanes and he depended on all of his teammates for help side defense. He didn't single handedly carry his team to the Finals. His team protected him all the way to the Finals and his only responsibility on the team was to score.

that just shows you don't know anything about our playoff run that year, Iverson wasn't only responsible to score he was responsible to be a play maker...in our second round series against toronto the dude averaged 7 dimes a game after he dropped 54 and 4 in one game and 52 and 7 in another...and that includes the game six where he had 21 and 16

and everyone calls him a ballhog but when you look at the games where he didn't score that much outside of the lakers series in that particular playoff run and the sixers lost because that team was not that good aside from mutumbo's D and AI shouldering the scoring load.

it's sad to see everyone bash him cuz of the last few years, but if you guys watched some of his games instead of listening to some BS that gets regurgitated by media and people who didn't like his style of play, you would see that he put his heart and soul into every game and i def respect how he played cuz it's tough to be barely 6' tall and play in the nba. people need to take a look back at some history before they jus spit out nonsense that they think they know

loufor2
05-20-2010, 11:00 PM

what are you talking about? Are you saying Jennings is bad and is similar to Iverson...which would then lead Iverson to want to retire.

Either way, Jennings will be 1/2 as good as Iverson.

ryder78c
05-20-2010, 11:12 PM
that just shows you don't know anything about our playoff run that year, iverson wasn't only responsible to score he was responsible to be a play maker...in our second round series against toronto the dude averaged 7 dimes a game after he dropped 54 and 4 in one game and 52 and 7 in another...and that includes the game six where he had 21 and 16

and everyone calls him a ballhog but when you look at the games where he didn't score that much outside of the lakers series in that particular playoff run and the sixers lost because that team was not that good aside from mutumbo's d and ai shouldering the scoring load.

It's sad to see everyone bash him cuz of the last few years, but if you guys watched some of his games instead of listening to some bs that gets regurgitated by media and people who didn't like his style of play, you would see that he put his heart and soul into every game and i def respect how he played cuz it's tough to be barely 6' tall and play in the nba. People need to take a look back at some history before they jus spit out nonsense that they think they know

off topic nice sig j.dilla was the *****!!!! Best producer ever!!! I got a bunch of his instrumentals and made them full songs just by looping em and I spit over em I'm BOUT TO MAKE A CD WITH JUST DILLA BEATS CUZ I DONT MESS WIT OTHER PRODUCERS UNLESS ITS HIS LIL BROTHER ILLA J BUT IM PRETTY SURE HIS BROTHER ONLY RAPS HE PLAYS JDILLA IN THE WONT DO VIDEO IM BOUT TO GO LISTEN TO DAT NOW....R.I.P. James Yancey AKA JDILLA

Googlyeyes101
05-20-2010, 11:26 PM
off topic nice sig j.dilla was the *****!!!! Best producer ever!!! I got a bunch of his instrumentals and made them full songs just by looping em and I spit over em I'm BOUT TO MAKE A CD WITH JUST DILLA BEATS CUZ I DONT MESS WIT OTHER PRODUCERS UNLESS ITS HIS LIL BROTHER ILLA J BUT IM PRETTY SURE HIS BROTHER ONLY RAPS HE PLAYS JDILLA IN THE WONT DO VIDEO IM BOUT TO GO LISTEN TO DAT NOW....R.I.P. James Yancey AKA JDILLA

lol i respect that man....i just bought that yancey bros cd by illa j and it's real good, all those dilla beats on that are so laid back

but for real no one could do the drums like dilla...get that jay stay paid album, "king" and "coming back" are my two favs off that

Ebbs
05-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Chris Bosh, KG,

Nash, Kidd

DenButsu
05-21-2010, 01:47 AM
I think it's funny that everyone is choosing bigs when the hardest complimentary player to find for AI on every team he played for was the other guard.

Which is why I still say Magic. A guy who can play the point alongside AI, but who's also tall, so he can guard opposing SGs (which AI can't). A great distributor who's unselfish, but at the same time has the leadership and strength of character to prevent Iverson from dominating the ball too much. And (at least in the latter part of his career) a guy who could hit the 3 with enough regularity to keep defenses honest and space the floor.

KG? Shaq? Hakeem? Robinson? Duncan? Dwight? There are a whole host of interchangeable bigs who would have complimented AI well enough (as Mutombo in fact did). But the real ***** of building a team around Iverson was finding a guard he could play alongside without being an overly ball-dominating liability on offense or a badly undersized, mismatched liability on defense.

And there's not one guard who would have completed the holes in AI's physique and skill set better than Magic. Not even close.

B.JenningsMVP
05-21-2010, 01:52 AM
J.Kidd

Catoblepas
05-21-2010, 02:25 AM
hmm idk if a sidekick for AI would be what he needs/needed.. He was/is a great scorer no doubt.. but he hurt his teams because he couldnt guard anyone..Well that and he i dont think he is able to get his teammates hot..
I think he needs a team of pure role players and veterans.

Love AI but he is a one man show.. no sidekick is good for him.. He had Iggy, Melo, Webber, and many other players he could have won with

dev0
05-21-2010, 02:31 AM
^^^ Hakeem and the Admiral are both good picks,
maybe Garnett could have inspired some defensive tenacity out of him

as a backcourt duo it would have to consist of somebody like Jordan who could really straighten him out more than a Pippen-esque sidekick for himself

in terms of a team environment he could really have ruled the NBA in his prime with this year's Orlando Magic, a desastating penetrating point guard that can really score while the defense is sucked away by the presence of Howard or the ability to drive and kick to the best shooters in the league? a perfect fit imo. or the Pacers back in the day, with the defensive toughness, swagger (if you please), and the kickout to Reggie. nuff said

dev0
05-21-2010, 02:33 AM
i feel like Magic and Iverson would have just run loose too though, no control like Iverson would have needed, a little structure and a little discipline to get to that next level of "dynasty," "champions"

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-21-2010, 03:54 AM
I figured no one on PSD has mentioned Mike James as much as you have thus far. In fact, now a days it's only you who mentions mike james. Like wtf is wrong with you? Guy made it to the nba and made millions.

Are you kidding me???:pity:

MJ is the GOAT!

Iron24th
05-21-2010, 03:58 AM
Was this thread bumped from 1996? Wtf?

Yeah WTF?

JayW_1023
05-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Nothing living. The ball itself perhaps.

JayW_1023
05-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Shaq in his prime.

That's the ideal sidekick for everyone pretty much.

Shaq in his prime would be no ones sidekick.

Jeff Boyd
05-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Ray Allen.

johnwayne
05-21-2010, 08:45 AM

the reason the general population doesn't like iverson is because he has alot of tattoos, he raps, he dresses street, he had cornrows, and he talked hood.........if steve nash would put up iverson numbers he'd be 5- time mvp....the fact that steve nash has more mvp's than allen iverson is comical......hate iversons personality all u want, he was arguably the best little man to ever play the game...

champ101695
05-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Shaq.

DenButsu
05-21-2010, 10:02 AM
the reason the general population doesn't like iverson is because he has alot of tattoos, he raps, he dresses street, he had cornrows, and he talked hood.........if steve nash would put up iverson numbers he'd be 5- time mvp....the fact that steve nash has more mvp's than allen iverson is comical......hate iversons personality all u want, he was arguably the best little man to ever play the game...

Who is player A, and who is player B? (career #s)

FG% 3P% FT% AST TS% eFG% AST% STL% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
Plr A .425 .313 .780 5.4 .518 .452 28.8 2.7 12.2 31.8 105 106 60.9 38.1 99 0.13
Plr B .489 .432 .903 9.5 .605 .556 40.3 1.3 18.8 21.2 119 110 97.4 14.1 111.5 0.17

Here's a hint...

Player A has an advantage in steals, turnovers, and defensive rating & defensive win shares.

Player B has the advantage in... well, everything else.

yanks19791024
05-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Player A- AI
Player b-Nash

xbrackattackx
05-21-2010, 10:43 AM
4 guys who are amazing at Rebounding and Defense and can hit wide open shots inside the arch.

$KnicksAndKobe$
05-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Pair him up with Jordan

C_Mund
05-21-2010, 11:44 AM

...and you expect somebody listed at 6'0 (really more like 5'10 with shoes on) to protect the rim?
This guy was a revolutionary scorer. No matter how much you want to say he didn't do anything or win anything, he was THE go-to scorer in the NBA for a couple of years.
...not to mention his heart. This guy would take the ball into Shaq at full speed, get knocked, get up and try to steal the next pass.
Put it like this....if he had the heart of Vince Carter, he never would have made the NBA. If Carter had his heart and drive, he would have been the next "one". There's more to it than just points vs. assists.

ballpd05
05-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Guys who say he needed a point guard are wrong. Iverson needed the ball in his hands. He wasn't ever a great spot up shooter or a guy who moved with out the ball (which the Pistons system prefers). He is the type who needs the ball in his hands to get going, whether off iso or pick n rolls.

You cannot put him next to another scorer. It failed in Denver with melo, it failed with Jerry Stackhouse (who went to Detroit and was a 25+ a night guy), or a whole championship contending team in Detroit.

You need to put great defensive players around AI and great rebounders. Not too mention some shooters. AI led that sixers team because while he got the credit for basically being their whole offense, they were one of the most dominant defensive teams I've ever seen.

If they would have had some spot up shooters who could play D (like Bruce Bowen or James Jones or Trevor Ariza) along with the Mutombo's and Tyrone Hill's they would have been better.

But I don't care who he had from 2000-2002 though. Shaq was just on another planet from any competition they put in front of him. That and Kobe wasn't too bad either. I think the best one two punch of my lifetime.

levignjw
05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
My thoughts exacltly, someone who will get him the ball so he can shoot more and someone he doesnt have to pass to

This

sixers247
05-21-2010, 12:44 PM
"THe NBA Forum- Where idiotic threads and posts happen"

BAMF
05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
AI given the opportunity and the will to play again would still be better then half these fools on the floor today. killer crossover, and a hell of a driver. why u all hatin on the answer?

nycsports2
05-21-2010, 05:45 PM

shaq

DenButsu
05-21-2010, 07:27 PM
"THe NBA Forum- Where idiotic threads and posts happen"

Well, you've posted nearly 1,000 posts here, so you must be getting something out of it. :eyebrow:

blacknell
05-21-2010, 08:53 PM
well he did average 6 assist a game so he does pass more than MJ did

sventhedog
05-21-2010, 10:13 PM
i'm not discounting his accomplishments but the fact that he is considered the best 'little' man to ever play the game is not the same as one of the best players to ever play the game. take note of the word 'little' to narrow down the competition.

another thing is if you consider his assist totals high. don't you think most allstars in iverson's position can do the same. how many possesions does he hold the ball in a game? and how many times does he dribble the ball while the shot clock gets drained then boom. iverson gives it up, and the teamate has no chance but to shoot??? these isolation plays dazzle but gets easily defended. ask dirk, ask lebron.

iverson is really a talented player, especially (i repeat, especially) for a guy his size. but you just can't teach size or height. no matter how you want to deny it, do you guys think teams like the lakers would be this good if they had little guys instead of tall, lengthy players?

also he has other priorities other than basketball. read other past news if you don't know this. add this with his size disadvantage, age, dependence on speed and isolations, iverson is not helping his career.

JordansBulls
05-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Well, you've posted nearly 1,000 posts here, so you must be getting something out of it. :eyebrow:
:laugh2: