PDA

View Full Version : If Boston could go back do you think they would still trade House?

Kobes a Killer
05-20-2010, 03:21 AM
I dunno if it was almost a bit of a panick move, I know they were slightly on the decline around the time of doing this. Obviously they're doing good right now but rondo barely rests and the Boston bench doesn't seem quite as good as it was, anyways right now I'd keep House without a doubt

iggypop123
05-20-2010, 03:24 AM
its tough. the more rondo plays the better. but then again kid could use some rest. but house is a horrible defender and he taunts on every play

Kobes a Killer
05-20-2010, 03:31 AM
I bet they're longing for that explosiveness off the bench now that I think of it, but you're definately right about the defensive part

DitchDat
05-20-2010, 03:47 AM
I loved House and I hated to see him go, but his 3-pointer had suddenly disappeared. It's not like we brought him in for defense or steady ball-handling, his shot wasn't falling and we needed to change up the bench. I love what we have going now with Finley, Sheed, Baby and TA. I really hate that we gave up Billy Walker though.
We should have gotten a veteran PG though, just to play 5-10 minutes per game.

ko8e24
05-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Eddie House was a momentum killer for the other team. His 3 pt shots would devastate the team and his energy was unquestioned. Nate Robinson is probably a better offensive player overall, but he hasn't had much playing time with Boston to get in sync with the other guys. And though Nate can hit 3's, he's not really known as a guy who will hit those back-breaking 3's.

ryder78c
05-20-2010, 04:00 AM
I loved House and I hated to see him go, but his 3-pointer had suddenly disappeared. It's not like we brought him in for defense or steady ball-handling, his shot wasn't falling and we needed to change up the bench. I love what we have going now with Finley, Sheed, Baby and TA. I really hate that we gave up Billy Walker though.
We should have gotten a veteran PG though, just to play 5-10 minutes per game.

Nate robinson is selling jerseys i think thats why they got him, and he's good trade bait

mvb815
05-20-2010, 05:10 AM
i really can't tell if the celtics did that as a panic move, or as a genius plan to make everyone think they were panicking, then slip under the radar.

well it is working, so lets go with that.

Lil Rhody
05-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Wish we kept him

PHX2daDEATH
05-20-2010, 07:22 AM
how many minutes is Nate Robinson playing? Yeah exactly...this is will haunt the celtics somewhere down the line

godolphins
05-20-2010, 08:12 AM
I don't know why they traded him :confused:

AllTimeBest
05-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Would they have been a better team if they kept him? Probably.

Do they regret it? I don't think so. I think they are very happy with the team they have and with Nate as the 2nd string.

johnwayne
05-20-2010, 08:22 AM
did this guy just make a thread for eddie house?:facepalm:

avrpatsfan
05-20-2010, 08:23 AM
I wish we didn't. Mostly because we gave up Bill Walker.

clutchski
05-20-2010, 08:27 AM
No they wouldn't have.

Kobes a Killer
05-20-2010, 08:29 AM
^ ya i made a thread on Eddie House and Nate and the Celtics, don't worry about it hater, man the face palm used to be funny but losers like you have just kiiiiiiilled it. I should actually be complemented for not starting a thread about lebron, Kobe, free agency, Derrick rose..... Oh by the way as a laker fan I'd like to make it clear Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose hahahaha, honesty though

JordansBulls
05-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Interesting topic to say the least, but I don't think they regret it.

magichatnumber9
05-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Great question, maybe. Eddie could seal games when he caught fire.

Oakmont_4
05-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Boston doesn't regret this

1. Eddie sucks at defense - something the Celtics covet if you haven't noticed
2. His 3 ball was not nearly as effective in 2010 as it had been the past 2 seasons
3. Eddie is not a true PG and would not be an option to replace Rondo in this series.

Why they make the trade?

Practice, practice and practice. When the team actually does practice who did the Celtics have on their roster that can simulate another teams PG for Rondo? NOBODY, that is why you make this trade. Robinson can simulate an offensive PG for Rondo to guard in practice, somehting the team needed.

In these playoffs Rondo's not going to come off the floor much. For the few minutes he does Doc trusts PP and TA to take care of the ball in his absence. As do I. Not one of those trades you get excited about but it had a purpose. Eddie would be sitting on the bench instead of Robinson had the trade not been made anyways.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Nate will become much more useful next season, but this season, he's not seeing much Playing Time. The Celtics are making the run at the title, and building chemistry with Nate will take a while, so I think that's why he doesn't get much time right now.

RipVW
05-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Its not that I watched the Celtics all the time but it seems like whenever House got on a roll knocking down threes, it was when the team was playing ahead. Basically, he was kind of a frontrunner. I dont really remember House stopping momentum from going the other teams way as much as I remember him pushing a Celtics lead from 5 to 8 points.

Giaps
05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
I think they are probably more pissed that they gave up on Bill Walker more than anything. He was a very productive player after the trade and will be on the roster in 2010.

ldc62
05-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I doubt they regret is but I thought the trade shouldn't have been made. Nate Robinson is all about dribbling and then jacking up a shot, too self oriented for a PG. Are they even gonna bring him back?

n83417
05-20-2010, 10:34 AM
They haven't yet. However they might soon. House rode the bench in the 08 playoffs too for a while. However when the offense went stale, it was House that came in and provided some instant offense and energy,when Doc put House back in the rotation, it was a nice spark for the Celtics.

I think it is unlikely that either House or Robinson would be back with the Celtics next year anyway, so maybe a shake-up was what the team needed.

n83417
05-20-2010, 10:35 AM
I doubt they regret is but I thought the trade shouldn't have been made. Nate Robinson is all about dribbling and then jacking up a shot, too self oriented for a PG. Are they even gonna bring him back?

That is kind of what the Celtics needed though. At the time of the deal, they were lacking any sort of scoring from the second unit.

nbafan63
05-20-2010, 10:50 AM
nate needs to learn the system. you cant just trade for him and throw him in the playout 8 man rotation.

m26555
05-20-2010, 11:10 AM
how many minutes is Nate Robinson playing? Yeah exactly...this is will haunt the celtics somewhere down the line
Well, time is running out on this "haunting" them. They are up 2-0 in the conference finals. They haven't missed a beat.

johnwayne
05-21-2010, 08:53 AM
^ ya i made a thread on Eddie House and Nate and the Celtics, don't worry about it hater, man the face palm used to be funny but losers like you have just kiiiiiiilled it. I should actually be complemented for not starting a thread about lebron, Kobe, free agency, Derrick rose..... Oh by the way as a laker fan I'd like to make it clear Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose hahahaha, honesty though

im a loser?

Kobes a Killer
05-21-2010, 09:16 AM
^ya you are...

Kobes a Killer
05-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Rondo>>>>>Rose

Chronz
05-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I was wrong about this one, House helped them out more. Whats up with this

ballpd05
05-21-2010, 03:24 PM
It also helped with the salary cap. I heard them say by not playing Nate they saved a couple mil on his incentives. So they not only buried him to the back of the pine, but cut a hole in his wallet.

JNA17
05-21-2010, 03:34 PM
They should have kept house imo. Even though he was not doing that good for them this season, it does not look like their using nate at all and it seems like a waste to me, House in the playoffs was great and a game changer in close games when he's needed.

just my two cents

Shaddix
05-21-2010, 03:36 PM
I think it's pretty clear that they wouldn't have considering that nate doesn't play and house did.

kEviN21
05-21-2010, 03:41 PM
It gives Tony Allen more minutes and he is playing lights out

The Final Boss
05-21-2010, 03:48 PM
No.

AntiG
05-21-2010, 03:56 PM
absolutely. I hated the trade. Nate was mediocre at best in NY and House is as clutch a shooter as you'll find in the NBA.

Sadds The Gr8
05-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I think it worked out well because his absence made room for the emergence of T.Allen. If House was still in the lineup they would be missin out on Allen's defense and athleticism because House was takin Allen's minutes.

BAMF
05-21-2010, 09:28 PM
I dunno if it was almost a bit of a panick move, I know they were slightly on the decline around the time of doing this. Obviously they're doing good right now but rondo barely rests and the Boston bench doesn't seem quite as good as it was, anyways right now I'd keep House without a doubt

U guys got Nate, granted he doesnt play but he's 1 hell of a spark plug off the bench when he is playing so i dont know why they dont play him

jackdawson
05-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Isn't Tony Allen giving some rests to Rondo. Tony Allen has been playing great so far and he is a very good defender too. But I agree Celtics made a mistake trading House away since they don't play Nate much. House could be very very dangerous when he starts knocking down threes.

BAMF
05-21-2010, 10:09 PM
House didnt play much for NY

Super.
05-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Nate will become much more useful next season, but this season, he's not seeing much Playing Time. The Celtics are making the run at the title, and building chemistry with Nate will take a while, so I think that's why he doesn't get much time right now.

Robinson is a FA and most likely will not be retained

bagwell368
05-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I hated House (circa '09-'10). The trade was awful. Whatever height Nate is - he's probably one of the best 1 on 1 players in the world that height and below. Big deal, NBA basketball is 5 on 5, and at that, Nate is major bust. I'd rather have House, and as I said, he sucks, just less sucky then Nate.

Nighthawk
05-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Id do the trade again. Finley pretty much takes up Eddies role. So having a backup pg is a good thing. EVen though its a undersized, streaky, hit or miss ball hog of a pg. Nate could get a ring!!

69centers
05-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Finley is pretty similar to House wit his 3 point range, but he has bigger size, and more of a veteran knowledge of the game. With that being said, we don't really need House, and while he was a key player in the LA Finals, he wasn't much of a factor in last year's playoffs.

I'd still do the deal, as we freed up 3 spots with the trade. Nate is definitely gone after this year, so might Finley if he retires. It also allowed us to sign Tony Gaffney and Oliver Lafayette right at the end of the season. A couple of young, wait and see replacements for Bill Walker and JR Giddens who didn't really get much PT here.

_KB24_
05-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Eddie House was such a momentum and energy player, it was sickening
He destroyed us in Game 4 of the Finals.