PDA

View Full Version : Which Team, Suns or Magic, Is Most Likely To Challenge Their Opponent.

ko8e24
05-20-2010, 01:35 AM
The Orlando Magic completely lost home court advantage by losing both games 1 and 2 in Orlando at the hands of the Boston Celtics (Games 3 and 4 in Boston). The Los Angeles Lakers lead the Phoenix Suns 2-0 (Games 3 and 4 in Phoenix). Which team, the Suns or Magic, is most likely to make it a series.

Things to keep in mind

1) The Suns have yet to play a game at home in their conference finals.

2) The Magic lost the two games against the Celtics by a combined of just 7 points (4 points in game 1 and 3 points in game 2)

I feel that by looking at in which way each team has been overwhelmed, and by looking at the margin of losses for both teams, I think the Orlando Magic (though they completely lost HCA), with their style of play can still "challenge" Boston. Phoenix has yet to figure out LA.

What are your thoughts?

soonabooma
05-20-2010, 02:34 AM
It's pretty simple....which team is most likely to win at least a game or two?????? Based on everything we've seen so far, the answer is......PHOENIX.

Bulls_fan90
05-20-2010, 03:17 AM
It's pretty simple....which team is most likely to win at least a game or two?????? Based on everything we've seen so far, the answer is......PHOENIX.

I'd say the exact opposite, I think Orlando have looked the most likely to take a game from the Celtics.

iggypop123
05-20-2010, 03:25 AM
magic could shoot lights out from 3 one game and get back into it. the suns have already shot lights out in both games and still lost.

ko8e24
05-20-2010, 03:45 AM
magic could shoot lights out from 3 one game and get back into it. the suns have already shot lights out in both games and still lost.

Phoenix Suns shooting percentages in the first 2 games

Game 1
39-79 FG (49.4%)
5-22 3pt (22.7%)
24-32 FT (75.0%)

Game 2
41-83 FG (49.4)
10-24 3pt (41.7%)
20-26 FT (76.9%)

So yea, they basically shot 50% in both games, got to the line a good amt of times in both games, and they started hitting their 3-balls in game 2 (doubling it from game 1)

They will have to shoot a ballistic 60-65% from the field to beat the Lakers, because you know that they simply cannot defend the Lakers that well.

nickdymez
05-20-2010, 04:03 AM

Your joking right?

soonabooma
05-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Phoenix will get an opportunity to make something happen at home. They're usually pretty capable of playing well at home, if LA is too much for them then so be it, but they should at least get one. Orlando on the other hand just got smoked twice at home. The final scores didn't even show how bad Boston dominated them. So honestly...who's more likely to get swept? Right now, I'd say Orlando.

ko8e24
05-20-2010, 04:16 AM
Phoenix will get an opportunity to make something happen at home. They're usually pretty capable of playing well at home, if LA is too much for them then so be it, but they should at least get one. Orlando on the other hand just got smoked twice at home. The final scores didn't even show how bad Boston dominated them. So honestly...who's more likely to get swept? Right now, I'd say Orlando.

Boston's tendency to let Orlando get back into the game will be costly for them perhaps in one of these 2 games in Boston. In fact, they've been building and blowing leads left-right throughout the entire playoffs.

JordansBulls
05-20-2010, 08:54 AM
The Orlando Magic completely lost home court advantage by losing both games 1 and 2 in Orlando at the hands of the Boston Celtics (Games 3 and 4 in Boston). The Los Angeles Lakers lead the Phoenix Suns 2-0 (Games 3 and 4 in Phoenix). Which team, the Suns or Magic, is most likely to make it a series.

Things to keep in mind

1) The Suns have yet to play a game at home in their conference finals.

2) The Magic lost the two games against the Celtics by a combined of just 7 points (4 points in game 1 and 3 points in game 2)

I feel that by looking at in which way each team has been overwhelmed, and by looking at the margin of losses for both teams, I think the Orlando Magic (though they completely lost HCA), with their style of play can still "challenge" Boston. Phoenix has yet to figure out LA.

What are your thoughts?

Phoenix simply because they are going home now. It is tough beating Kobe with HCA.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Orlando. I've listened to everyone talk in the post-game conferences, and everyone still seems to think we can win, (Dwight Howard, Stan Van Gundy, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if we stole two up in Boston, just like they did up here in Orlando. It's the Playoffs. Anything can happen. I think Dwight realizes now that they are down 2-0, and if they lose Saturday...You know what happens. I say we make a good run at Game 3, win that, and make Game 4 a nailbiter, but I'm not sure who would win. (Being a Magic fan, of course I'd give the edge to us.) I think we're still resilient enough to win, but it's not going to be easy, by any means.

greenl9791
05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
As a Magic fan, of course I feel we have a better chance. Ok, yeah, we lost HCA but we haven't lost the series. When we win both games in Boston, will that end the BS? Then everyone that wrote us off, will be back in our corner, AGAIN. We will right the ship and make a series out of this. We were use to playing J.V teams and now we are playing a NBA team with a hellafied defense. We have came back from 20 and 17 down which lets us know that we are capable of winning in Boston. "Pride comes before Destruction".

m26555
05-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Phoenix, mainly because it has yet to play a home game in its series.

The Final Boss
05-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Orlando. I've listened to everyone talk in the post-game conferences, and everyone still seems to think we can win, (Dwight Howard, Stan Van Gundy, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if we stole two up in Boston, just like they did up here in Orlando. It's the Playoffs. Anything can happen. I think Dwight realizes now that they are down 2-0, and if they lose Saturday...You know what happens. I say we make a good run at Game 3, win that, and make Game 4 a nailbiter, but I'm not sure who would win. (Being a Magic fan, of course I'd give the edge to us.) I think we're still resilient enough to win, but it's not going to be easy, by any means.

I have yet to ever see Orlando portray any type of resiliency.

Btw, people said Utah who is ridiculously good at home was gonna take two from L.A. and they got embarrassed.

Raidaz4Life
05-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Phoenix

hugepatsfan
05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
I think PHX wins game 3 and ORL wins game 4. Both lose in 5 though.

RaiderLakersA's
05-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Orlando has a shot to make their series competitive.

I think it's safe to say that most feel that Orlando is playing out of character. Sure, Boston's defense has something to do with that, but Orlando could be in the series at 1-1 with even the tiniest bit of execution from one of their players not named Howard.

Phoenix, on the other hand, are playing to their strengths. Nash is being Nash and Amare is being Amare. They have gotten contributions from Grant and Richardson. Their bench is contributing. Doesn't matter, down 0-2. They are simply outmatched.

The only way that the Suns would have had a shot is if the games were played back to back to back and Kobe and Bynum didn't have any time to recupe their nagging injuries. But a long break break in between the semis and conference finals helped the Lakers, just as the time off between last night's game2 and Sunday's game 3 helps the Lakers. You're giving the Lakers 4 days to heal up and gameplan a desperate, albeit limited, Phoenix squad. I think the Lakers take game 3, and the series is all but over at that point.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I have yet to ever see Orlando portray any type of resiliency.

Btw, people said Utah who is ridiculously good at home was gonna take two from L.A. and they got embarrassed.

Do you have a television? Orlando is one of the most resilient teams in the league, by far. If coming back after being down double-digits at the start of the fourth quarter, TWICE, and almost taking the game, isn't resiliency, I don't know what is. You don't know what it is either.

AntiG
05-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Suns. They are going home for games 3 and 4.

Raph12
05-20-2010, 03:33 PM
The Magic can challenge Boston and even make it a 7-game series, but in order for that to happen, they'll need more from Shard, Carter/Nelson and their bench. They have played very poorly but have lost by only 4 and 3 pts, they need to put it together for 48mins, Shard/VC/Nelson need to step up and Dwight needs to continue to dominate on both ends.

I got Magic in 7.

ko8e24
05-21-2010, 11:25 PM
The Magic can challenge Boston and even make it a 7-game series, but in order for that to happen, they'll need more from Shard, Carter/Nelson and their bench. They have played very poorly but have lost by only 4 and 3 pts, they need to put it together for 48mins, Shard/VC/Nelson need to step up and Dwight needs to continue to dominate on both ends.

I got Magic in 7.

Like your confidence, but you know it's going to be tough winning 4/5.

iggypop123
05-21-2010, 11:31 PM
rashard lewis is playing like frye out there. the only difference is lewis makes 9 times more than frye!

shep33
05-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Its amazing, when you look at the Orlando Boston series, its been very close even though Boston is up 2 zip. Both games, Boston showed vulnerability by losing those leads, something they've been doing all year. I think the Boston Orlando series goes 6 (Boston winning), with all the games really being close.

Lakers Magic is interesting... i think the Suns have to win by 20 points... i mean they have to show that they can take it to the Lakers, cause if they're close games, the Lakers will win everytime. Gotta get physical on D, and Amare is averaging what 2 rebounds a game? They also have to hit probably 15 3's to try and win. I know the Suns are at home, but you know what i don't think the Lakers care... when Phoenix basically gives up 130 a game to LA, the Lakers are thinking they can do that every night and LA even played very poor D at times and still won both games by double digits. Thats what made the first 2 games critical... LA is now full of confidence, and even Nash in an interview says that Phoenix has a "very small margin for error". They played well in game 2 and still lost by 12.

_KB24_
05-21-2010, 11:56 PM

I got Magic in 7.

Bro, I know you wouldn't be willing to put money down on this ;)

sixer04fan
05-22-2010, 12:13 AM
I would say the Magic have the best shot because I think they can still be a better team than the Celtics. While the Suns still have their home games, I never thought they were a better team than the Lakers... Not even close.

Robbw241
05-22-2010, 12:29 AM
I think Magic can make a series out of this. Suns IMO have no chance if Amare continues playing like crap.