PDA

View Full Version : If the Magic get swept will they deal Carter and Lewis?

Derick713
05-19-2010, 09:35 PM
If the Magic get swept they will have an older Vince Carter and an overpaid Rashard Lewis who comes up small when he is matched up with elite players at his position. The Magic would be the favorite to land D-Wade if they had cap room to afford him. The Magic may try and clear enough cap room to sign an elite player in 2010.

The Wizards have a ton of cap room and are willing to deal Gilbert Arenas. The Magic could offer to take back Arenas for Carter while forcing the Wizards to absorb Rashard Lewis's contract.

If the Magic can clear enough cap room they would a leading favorite to land Dwayne Wade or LeBron James. If the Magic can clear cap room they could pair Howard up with an elite talent player in his prime.

Gilbert Arenas/Jameer Nelson/
Dwayne Wade/JJ Redick/
Tracy McGrady/Mickael Pietrus/
Ryan Anderson/Brandon Bass/
Dwight Howard/Marcin Gortat/

iggypop123
05-19-2010, 09:36 PM
they are stuck with them. this was otis smith's plan now he has to live with it

Kakaroach
05-19-2010, 09:39 PM
They can't deal Lewis, that contract is pretty bad. Carter they might be able to cuz he is expiring right?

Ryan328
05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Carter is free after the 2011-2012 season.

kozelkid
05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
It's pretty simple. Celtics have proven that it's very hard to win a championship with one creator. Lewis is terribly overpaid and they'll never be able to deal him. Carter, on the other hand, is an expiring next year so who knows. Point is, they need another perimter player who can create his shot. Carter is past that and is garbage at this point. Unfortunately for them, they really don't have the flexibility to get another creator. A very lateral move that they may consider is maybe some deal involving Carter that can net Butler. Though he's fairly overrated as well.

Lakersfan2483
05-19-2010, 09:42 PM
The move for Carter was a bad move to begin with and now they are stuck with him. I don't know how many teams would be willing to make a move for him considering his age.

Edit: I didn't know he was coming off the books soon.

jetsfan28
05-19-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't see who would take them

ManRam
05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Lewis is probably going to stay by default. He isn't movable.

Vince will be an expiring, and probably more easily moved at the deadline. If the Magic make a move, it will probably surround the huge trade exception we have. But I don't see a total blow up of the team. They can win with what they have, they've proved it the last two years. They just need a little more progression from Dwight as a starting point.

A few tweaks is all I see, win or lose.

ManRam
05-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh...and I really doubt getting swept, or just losing this series in general, makes any difference to how they handle the off-season.

Just sayin'...

jimbobjarree
05-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Carlos Boozer sign and trade for Gortat and Bass

Orlando gets an allstar PF to slot in the rotation for 2 guys that dont really get minutes. The Magic are getting Vasquez, who is 6x cheaper than Gortat, to back up Dwight, and Bass literally never plays.

Jazz get the length they badly need in Gortat, and a back up Jerry Sloan type power forward to back up Millsap at the 4.

would Magic fans do that?

redsox0717
05-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Yeah have fun trying to trade by far the worst contract in the NBA.

ManRam
05-19-2010, 09:54 PM

Orlando gets an allstar PF to slot in the rotation for 2 guys that dont really get minutes. The Magic are getting Vasquez, who is 6x cheaper than Gortat, to back up Dwight, and Bass literally never plays.

Jazz get the length they badly need in Gortat, and a back up Jerry Sloan type power forward to back up Millsap at the 4.

We've talked about it in the Magic forum. I'm all for it. I think it's about the only realistic blockbuster I can see happening.

Having the league's best back up center is nice, but not a necessity with the league's best starting center. Bass doesn't get playing time at all really so he's expendable. I'd rather add some size, kick Shard back to SF where he's better...and go from there.

But yeah...if we make a big trade, that's the only one I actually can think of that is somewhat realistic.

CB29
05-19-2010, 10:03 PM
i would like to trade hedo and jose for vince carter :) magic get a guy who took em to the finals and jose would make an awesome backup for em... we get rid of two bad contracts. win - win.

Also i can wear my raptors Carter jersey again.

Derick713
05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
You have to imagine the Knicks would take back Lewis if Nelson was also included in the deal. The Knicks want players who can shoot. The Knicks aren't going to land James or Wade.

The Wizards are going to want to start fresh with John Wall. The Wizards should be desperate to deal Arenas so they can rebuild around McGee, Blatche, Thornton, and Wall. The Wizards really need to get rid of Arenas should they can make Wall the face of the franchise while making the team more appealing to fans.

You have to think that some team will take on Lewis if they fail to land an elite player in 2010. I could see the Clippers willing to take him on.

SeoulBeatz
05-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Lewis is terribly overrated and that contract is the 2nd worst in the NBA behind my boy Elton Brands lol.

you're stuck with him magic, and he better step the **** up soon because he's proving me right every day.

GspLAL
05-19-2010, 10:12 PM

No way Jazz does this.

iFYouSeekAmy
05-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Lewis is staying, again, I don't think anybody would want his contract unless it's expiring.

As for Vince Carter, maybe young teams or playoff contenders may deal with him.. although his prime years are coming to an end.

The Flash
05-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Wade to Orlando? never thought of that...

MacFitz92
05-19-2010, 10:16 PM

Elton Brand's contract is pretty damn bad.

ldc62
05-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Bosh for Lewis (read the other day in the Orlando Sentinel)?....

Nah.... we have enough jump shooters, also Raptors already have 2 bad contracts (Jose, Hedon't). Anyways I doubt Bosh wants to play on a team full of jumpshooters, and a Center who can't score in the paint.

abe_froman
05-19-2010, 10:22 PM

this

iFYouSeekAmy
05-19-2010, 10:22 PM
if Warriors somehow keeps Watson..

Watson + Wright or Randolph for Bass..

CJ is a great back up point guard .. and Magic has been eyeing him last off season.
Wright or Randolph can give length.. lmao.

macc
05-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Yes Lewis hasn't done much in THIS series but he's my favorite Magic player by far. Lewis is what makes my team unique, by putting him at the 4 it stretches our offense and gives us the identity we have.

Granted we live in the "what have you done for me lately" league but as a Magic fan and have watched pretty much every Magic game Lewis played in. I've been happy with him overall. He's hit big shot after big shot. Last year he was known as the "Cavs slayer." Unfortunetly after 2 bad games in this series and people are calling him overrated, over paid....blah blah blah. I'm fine with Lewis on our team.

Carter is the new guy on our team and the biggest question mark going into next season. He's really stepped up in spots but he's also had his droughts. Us Magic fans talk about it all the time. Overall I like him on our team and we wouldn't of made it as far as we have without him.

Who would take Carter next year? Alot of people. He's an expiring contract so alot of people who want cap room will pick him up. Along with our trade exception we'll have some flexibily to work with if things don't pan out this year.

Shaddix
05-19-2010, 10:24 PM

Minus Gilbert Arenas of course.

macc
05-19-2010, 10:25 PM
if Warriors somehow keeps Watson..

Watson + Wright or Randolph for Bass..

CJ is a great back up point guard .. and Magic has been eyeing him last off season.
Wright or Randolph can give length.. lmao.

Yep, CJ was def on my wish list. Unfortunetly we didn't get him. J will has been great for us as a back up point so it wasn't to bad.

Derick713
05-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Lewis might be overpiad, but some team will like his skill set enough to take him back.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-19-2010, 10:27 PM
If the Magic get swept they will have an older Vince Carter and an overpaid Rashard Lewis who comes up small when he is matched up with elite players at his position. The Magic would be the favorite to land D-Wade if they had cap room to afford him. The Magic may try and clear enough cap room to sign an elite player in 2010.

The Wizards have a ton of cap room and are willing to deal Gilbert Arenas. The Magic could offer to take back Arenas for Carter while forcing the Wizards to absorb Rashard Lewis's contract.

If the Magic can clear enough cap room they would a leading favorite to land Dwayne Wade or LeBron James. If the Magic can clear cap room they could pair Howard up with an elite talent player in his prime.

Dwayne Wade/JJ Redick/

I laughed at that part

they need to clear at least 40 millions and that's not gonna happen:facepalm:

td0tsfinest
05-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Would you guys trade Jameer?

ne3xchamps
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM

Dwayne Wade/JJ Redick/

that is the most crazy trade ideas I have heard in awhile. No way will anyone take lewis unless the magic eat a good amount of that contract... then they would not have the cap space. and arenas is owed alot of money also if I remember right... still wouldn't be enough cap room... there is only a few teams in the league that will be able to get 1 type A free agent(i.e. LBJ, dwade, bosh)

jojoe1188
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh...and I really doubt getting swept, or just losing this series in general, makes any difference to how they handle the off-season.

Just sayin'...

:eyebrow:

macc
05-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Would you guys trade Jameer?

I would be against it. Well depending on the trade. Personally I really like what Nelson does for our team and what he brings every night. Plus he's on of our only guys who can create their own shot.

Derick713
05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
I get that Arenas might have some baggage. Arenas is still a better shooter than Carter while being younger. Carter isn't getting younger. Arenas would allow the Magic to trade Nelson. The Magic need to find a way to get Wade or James to pair with Howard.

The Knicks could use a player like Lewis. Any team with cap room would look at Lewis if they miss out on an elite free agent.

atomik102
05-19-2010, 10:36 PM
I agree with my boy mac he has been a beast during the season and last years playoffs 2 bad games doesnt make him over rated and over paid, realize he is playing pf not sf which is his normal position, i honestly think if we dont pass the celtics we will trade gortat, for a pf or a center, for cap space, bass hasnt played cause we are so deep, we are losing j will, barnes (maybe), a-j, foyal, and maybe JJ

I would trade Bass for Cj Watson and a pf

macc
05-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Yes I would love it if we did get a James or Wade. Its pretty much a pipe dream but its not impossible. We have a gm thats pretty creative with the trades he's done. I'm sure he could work something out. We didn't have enough cap space to pick up Carter either, yet Otis made it work.

atomik102
05-19-2010, 10:38 PM
I get that Arenas might have some baggage. Arenas is still a better shooter than Carter while being younger. Carter isn't getting younger. Arenas would allow the Magic to trade Nelson. The Magic need to find a way to get Wade or James to pair with Howard.

The Knicks could use a player like Lewis. Any team with cap room would look at Lewis if they miss out on an elite free agent.

Plus florida has a law where you can bring your gun to work if it is in your car so Arenas will like that lmao

RadiantShot
05-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Lewis will be staying. Nobody wants his contract. He's proven to be clutch for us, which is what we need, but maybe we should move him down to Small-Forward; And get a real Power-Forward. I don't want to go to much in depth, but I think if we lose this series against Boston, we MAY look to move Carter. I'm not saying it's for sure, but I'm not counting out the possibility. I'm tight with the Carter fans now, so it's so-so.

ManRam
05-19-2010, 10:41 PM
No way Jazz does this.

Why not. Boozer is as good as gone, might as well get something back in return. I think it's a great trade for both teams.

RadiantShot
05-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes I would love it if we did get a James or Wade. Its pretty much a pipe dream but its not impossible. We have a gm thats pretty creative with the trades he's done. I'm sure he could work something out. We didn't have enough cap space to pick up Carter either, yet Otis made it work.

I'd give my left nut and Carter for Wade.

Just kidding, I wouldn't give my left nut, But I'd trade anyone not named Dwight, Jameer, or Matt Barnes, for Dwyane Wade.

Derick713
05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
You have to think that the Magic will want to make a run at Wade. I could see the Heat agreeing to a sign and trade where they get Jameer Nelson.

RadiantShot
05-19-2010, 10:47 PM
I say there's no doubt we make a shot at Wade, but I doubt it will happen. I really WANT it to happen, and I can never doubt Otis, but Wade loves Pat Riley, and he's looking to contend with him still, so I'm pretty sure it's unquestionable.

mia305king
05-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Dwayne Wade/JJ Redick/

You have to think that the Magic will want to make a run at Wade. I could see the Heat agreeing to a sign and trade where they get Jameer Nelson.

:facepalm:

marvILLous
05-19-2010, 10:48 PM
VC for HEDO lol

RadiantShot
05-19-2010, 10:50 PM

That's not out of the question. Not sure why the facepalm. I know it doesn't sound good to you, but I wouldn't be shocked if somehow Otis pulled it out at the last second, like he always does.

ManRam
05-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Overpaid doesn't matter when you step on the court. Lewis hasn't really hurt the Magic at all salary-wise, until perhaps this upcoming off-season.

You can talk about him being overpaid when you are talking about trades and signing guys, but it doesn't matter when you are talking about how good they'll be.

mia305king
05-19-2010, 10:55 PM
That's not out of the question. Not sure why the facepalm. I know it doesn't sound good to you, but I wouldn't be shocked if somehow Otis pulled it out at the last second, like he always does.

Trading Lewis and Carter for nothing to clear cap to land Wade sounds pretty hard. Maybe, the Nelson one isn't too far-fetched, but it's doubtful.

RadiantShot
05-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Trading Lewis and Carter for nothing to clear cap to land Wade sounds pretty hard. Maybe, the Nelson one isn't too far-fetched, but it's doubtful.

It's definitely doubtful. I agree. All I'm saying is, Otis is pretty good at pulling things out of his behind. Like we say back in the Magic forum, "In Otis we trust." ;)

ManRam
05-19-2010, 11:00 PM
It's definitely doubtful. I agree. All I'm saying is, Otis is pretty good at pulling things out of his behind. Like we say back in the Magic forum, "In Otis we trust." ;)

I thought it was facepalm worthy :)

He doesn't say he we get rid of two guys with huge salaries, and has us getting Gilbert Arenas (please God, NO!), T-Mac (again, thanks but no thanks) and Wade (I'd love him, but Miami would never deal him to us).

Never gonna happen. Probably couldn't even happen in NBA 2k10

Derick713
05-19-2010, 11:00 PM
The Magic would be a prefect fit for Wade. They've got the city, big man, shooters, and coach that would fit D-Wade prefectly.

If the Magic land Wade by signing and trading Nelson they can trade Carter for a PG like Arenas.

mia305king
05-19-2010, 11:03 PM
The Magic would be a prefect fit for Wade. They've got the city, big man, shooters, and coach that would fit D-Wade prefectly.

If the Magic land Wade by signing and trading Nelson they can trade Carter for a PG like Arenas.

Again :facepalm: the Wizards are in full rebuilding mode, They don't need Carter unless it's for his huge expiring. Also, you don't need Arenas if you have Wade who's basically a PG. And Nelson by himself won't land Wade.

CowboysKB24
05-19-2010, 11:11 PM

Dwayne Wade/JJ Redick/

Dwayne Wade would be the perfect guy to compliment Howard IMO. If it is possible to get Wade, then yes they would do that. The Magic would win a championship with the team they have. They need an all-star shooting guard to compliment Howard.

As for Gilbert Arenas not happening and wouldn't be a good idea IMO. Wade would be enough to make them contenders for a long time. Nelson would fit well because he doesn't demand the ball that much compared to other good PGs.

I would love to see that happen, but it is doubtful and long shot for sure. If it is possible I think Wade would love to go to the Magic, great chance at winning another title. So maybe it isn't that farfetched because we know Wade wants to win and is going to go to the team that gives him the best chances.

Derick713
05-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Again :facepalm: the Wizards are in full rebuilding mode, They don't need Carter unless it's for his huge expiring. Also, you don't need Arenas if you have Wade who's basically a PG. And Nelson by himself won't land Wade.

I doubt any team would give-up an expiring contract for Arenas. The Vince Carter for Gilbert Arenas swap is based on the notion that the Wizards need to get rid of Arenas to allow Wall to be the face of the franchise. The Wizards don't want Arenas anywhere near Wall. They don't want Arenas to hinder Wall's development. The Wizards need a fresh start.

The Knicks may opt to wait for 2011 free agency before they consider taking on Arenas if they fail to land an elite player in 2010

Both Carter and Arenas have bad contracts. The Magic get a younger shooter and the Wizards clear Arenas of the roster.

The Heat may have no choice if Wade is lured into signing with the Magic.

You take Arenas for his shooting ability at the PG position. He maybe an upgrade over Nelson or Carter

Jeff Boyd
05-19-2010, 11:16 PM

See Elton Brand.

Jeff Boyd
05-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Gorat and Carter for Iggy and Kappono?

CowboysKB24
05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
It's pretty simple. Celtics have proven that it's very hard to win a championship with one creator. Lewis is terribly overpaid and they'll never be able to deal him. Carter, on the other hand, is an expiring next year so who knows. Point is, they need another perimter player who can create his shot. Carter is past that and is garbage at this point. Unfortunately for them, they really don't have the flexibility to get another creator. A very lateral move that they may consider is maybe some deal involving Carter that can net Butler. Though he's fairly overrated as well.

Carter isn't garbage. Get real. He is great role player for a team. We all know he isn't the guy he used to be, but still a great player in this league. He could go to a team where he comes off the bench and brings in spurt offensively.

CowboysKB24
05-19-2010, 11:20 PM
I doubt any team would give-up an expiring contract for Arenas. The Vince Carter for Gilbert Arenas swap is based on the notion that the Wizards need to get rid of Arenas to allow Wall to be the face of the franchise. The Wizards don't want Arenas anywhere near Wall. They don't want Arenas to hinder Wall's development. The Wizards need a fresh start.

The Knicks may opt to wait for 2011 free agency before they consider taking on Arenas if they fail to land an elite player in 2010

Both Carter and Arenas have bad contracts. The Magic get a younger shooter and the Wizards clear Arenas of the roster.

The Heat may have no choice if Wade is lured into signing with the Magic.

You take Arenas for his shooting ability at the PG position. He maybe an upgrade over Nelson or Carter

Arenas is a PG and the Magic have a good PG in Nelson. Arenas isn't the answer for a championship. They will need more than him and he isn't going to be cheap. I don't see how that lineup works since the Magic have Nelson.

JasonJohnHorn
05-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Bring Bilbert Arenas in is not a good idea.

What the Magic need is a power forward. Lewis is a power forward in name only. The guy has the inside outside game of a small forward and rebounds like a small forward, and as amazing as Howard is, Howard needs some help in the paint. Gorat is a solid back up, but just getting a guy likew Drew Gooden would be huge for them (though he may not be the ideal defender they need). Or a guy like Haslem. Somebody who gets a double-double near nightly, or is capable of it at least. Moving Lewis to SF, and Carter to SG would make the team a huge size-match-up problem for everybody outside of LA.

But Howard himself needs to work on things. He is an all-star and the best player at his position, but he is not the best all-around player at his position. I respect him for working on his jumper in the offseason, hopefully he wont be discouraged by SVG's reluctance to use it in game time and hopefully he expands his post up game and passing. Shaq wasnt truly great until he developed his court vision. Howard needs to do the same.

But no, there will be no need to trade Lewis and/or Carter, though if they could get an upgrade a trade may be a good idea.

Perhaps they could send Carter back to Toronto for Hedo? lol

atomik102
05-19-2010, 11:40 PM
1. i dont want hedo back in a magic uniform
2. u want wade, but not for nelson, wade can replace carter @ sg
3. Otis Smith would never would break up Nelson and Howard

kEviN21
05-19-2010, 11:43 PM
and why would the Wiz want Rashard who cant match up at his position plus is overpaid AND an aging Carter??? They would much rather have Arenas play the 2 with Wall coming in. And how does Ryan Anderson starting at PF solve Rashards probs.

soonabooma
05-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Lewis is overpaid, just like Joe Johnson.....I'll take Kyle Korver for less than half the cost.

LA_Raiders
05-19-2010, 11:53 PM
lol, no way Orl would be able to trade them...they are stuck with that team for 1 more year...

RaptorizedKevin
05-19-2010, 11:57 PM

Dwayne Wade/JJ Redick/

You clearly dont understand the consept called " REBUILD" why would the wizards take back big contracts for old players when they just cleared cap last season. you make no sense. lewis is obviousily overpaid nasty contract, carter is overpaid now, only because hes past his prime.

macc
05-19-2010, 11:57 PM

I don't know why you're face palming. I haven't seen Wade sign any extensions with your team yet.

macc
05-19-2010, 11:59 PM

I don't know why you're face palming. I haven't seen Wade sign any extensions with your team yet.

lakerboy
05-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Jameer + Gortat for Arenas

Boston Faithful
05-20-2010, 12:12 AM
I think the Magic can make trades, but it's not realistic to say that they could clear cap.

They can definitely get better through trades, but it's hard to say if people would want an old Carter or Lewis.

They won't have cap room until 2013/2014.

atomik102
05-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Jameer + Gortat for Arenas

Ok that should be deleted, thats gotta be one of the worse things i have ever seen written on here

THE MTL
05-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Rashard Lewis contract is AWFUL! And the only reason the Magic dont get more crap for it is because thay are winning.

RaptorizedKevin
05-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Rashard Lewis contract is AWFUL! And the only reason the Magic dont get more crap for it is because thay are winning.

agreed. rashard made some clutch shots in the past though.

atomik102
05-20-2010, 12:27 AM

He is a big reason why we are winning, Non Magic fans dont see what we see, you see him having 2 bad games and a big contract, it isnt the greatest contract but he earns his money

Derick713
05-20-2010, 12:33 AM
You clearly dont understand the consept called " REBUILD" why would the wizards take back big contracts for old players when they just cleared cap last season. you make no sense. lewis is obviousily overpaid nasty contract, carter is overpaid now, only because hes past his prime.

The Wizards were forced to rebuild because of the play and actions of Gilbert Arenas. The Wizards will have to take back a bad contract like Carter's if they want to get rid of Arenas. The Wizards want to start fresh with John Wall, Nick Young, Al Thornton, Andray Blatche, and JaValee McGee.

The Wizards aren't going to get an expiring contract for Carter. The Wizards are going to have to take back a player like Brand, Carter, or Davis to make a deal work.

Big Quett
05-20-2010, 06:04 AM
He is a big reason why we are winning, Non Magic fans dont see what we see, you see him having 2 bad games and a big contract, it isnt the greatest contract but he earns his money
He is not having bad games. He has disappeared completely. And you just cant do that at this stage of the game. Dude i understand all what your trying to say. But unless Lewis earns back to back finals MVP'S there is no way in hell he could earn that contract.

2009/2010 $18,876,000
2010/2011 $20,514,000
2011/2012 $22,152,000
2012/2013 $23,790,000

His contract is part of the reason why the NBA is in financial problems. I mean nobody cares what the "ELITE" players make like Bron, Kobe, and Wade make because they earn every penny in filling arena seats marketing and so on. But for role players and marginal all-stars to making the same thing. I MEAN FOR GODSAKES HE SIGNED THE SAME CONTRACT KOBE SIGNED A FEW YEARS AGO.:facepalm:

203 Uconn LaL
05-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Carter I would keep but lewis I never would have signed. He's does way too many no shows. They would be about as lucky as the wizards getting the number 1 pick if they can move that contract. They might want to contact the wizards about gilbert arena he'd fit a need they need real bad

kurivaimu
05-20-2010, 06:51 AM
When i heard that the Wizards got the no.1 pick and well, its a tough call what to do with Wall and Arenas i immediately thought that, the Magic could offer the sub-par lewis for Arenas. I mean, when the gun thing came along, the Magics GM spoke out that he really likes Arenas and his play style etc.
I really think there could be something here.

mia305king
05-20-2010, 08:06 AM

Did you read the comment's I facepalmed ? He basically said that you have to get rid of Lewis and Carter and not take on any salary in return in order to have enough money to sign Wade. Also, he said the Magic could S & T Nelson for Wade, I'm a fan of Nelson, but the Magic don't have enough pieces to land Wade imo, some teams can offer much better packages for him.

fredv
05-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Good luck moving those contracts! The better thing would be just to try and improve and come back next year wiser.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I thought it was facepalm worthy :)

He doesn't say he we get rid of two guys with huge salaries, and has us getting Gilbert Arenas (please God, NO!), T-Mac (again, thanks but no thanks) and Wade (I'd love him, but Miami would never deal him to us).

Never gonna happen. Probably couldn't even happen in NBA 2k10

I disagree. You're strictly basing your prior thoughts on facts, rather than what Otis can do, and will do, if we fail to win a championship this year. I know it's not likely, but it's not impossible either, by any means.

greenl9791
05-20-2010, 09:52 AM
I would love to get agent 00. He is someone that can create his own shot and create space and opportunity for others. Whether we win or lose, something has to happen. Is Rashard only able to shoot 3's for us? If teams are going to play us for the 3, why are we not driving to the basket? I've seen Pietrus do it once or twice but JJ has a complete understanding of it. Give me a Bosh or a Stoudimare(sp?)- someone that can hit the mid-range but you can also drive it and throw it down with authority.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 09:54 AM
greenl, are you a Magic fan? No. We don't want Gilbert Arenas. Trust me. It's just another shot-chucker, and we don't need that. We need someone of the likes of Melo, Wade, Iggy, Rudy, etc. A go-to guy, who can create offense, even when the team is off. Vince hasn't proved he can do that yet, so I'm not sure what to say. The younger Vince, with a prime Dwight would've won a Championship (Although I'm not ruling out the fact we could win one this year..*Knock on Wood*.)

If not a go-to scorer, we need at least a switch up in terms of Shard at the PF spot. We need a real Power-Forward. He's getting demolished inside the paint by Garnett, and he wouldn't be able to hold his own against Pau on defense. I love Rashard, but moving him down to the SF spot would be more ideal than having him at the PF spot. He's done a great job up until now as a PF, but I don't know how much longer this could last.

twoearl
05-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Here we go again. People are SO quick to jump ship. I mean c'mon a week ago people where screaming the Magic would be in the finals. Now after two very close losses people want to blow the team up?

The magic are not that far away from a ring. They don't need major changes just small tweaks....

Corey
05-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Here we go again. People are SO quick to jump ship. I mean c'mon a week ago people where screaming the Magic would be in the finals. Now after two very close losses
At home.

And, people were riding them for no reason. They hadn't been challenged in the first two rounds. Charlotte and Atlanta match up terribly against the Magic.

JIDsanity
05-20-2010, 10:30 AM
They shouldnt. Carter as everyone has pointed out is an expiring, and its not like they can get a good deal for Lewis, so give it another shot next season then let Carter walk. But if they still believe they can win, then I do too.
With a few adjustments to the starting line up they'd take apart the Celtics.

twoearl
05-20-2010, 10:37 AM
At home.

And, people were riding them for no reason. They hadn't been challenged in the first two rounds. Charlotte and Atlanta match up terribly against the Magic.

I agree that Char and ATL were good matchups for them but I think it's really important to look deeper at things.

Take ATL for instance. They were swept, embarrased and basically looked like they didn't even belong on the same floor as Orlando. This is the case when a team needs major change.

Now let's take Orlando. Two very closes loses. The games came down to the wire the winner was in doubt until the end. This shows the teams are evenly matched. This is not when you make a major change, just a minor tweak...

Hawkeye15
05-20-2010, 11:41 AM
without reading a single post in this thread, anyone who thinks Lewis and his ridiculous deal can be traded is ********.

JOSKOMANG4
05-20-2010, 12:02 PM
We've talked about it in the Magic forum. I'm all for it. I think it's about the only realistic blockbuster I can see happening.

Having the league's best back up center is nice, but not a necessity with the league's best starting center. Bass doesn't get playing time at all really so he's expendable. I'd rather add some size, kick Shard back to SF where he's better...and go from there.

But yeah...if we make a big trade, that's the only one I actually can think of that is somewhat realistic.

I like this trade alot. This trade would only work if Boozer, currently a UFA, agrees to re-up with the Jazz.

Starting Five:

C) Howard
PF) Boozer
SF) R.Lewis
SG) V.Carter
PG) J.Nelson

Lo Porto
05-20-2010, 12:18 PM
The Magic should trade Gortat, Bass and their 2011 1st for Carlos Boozer. Booz would be perfect next to Howard, Lewis could at least start the game at SF. Booz has proven this season that he can play some at C meaning Lewis would still get ample time at PF when Howard goes to the bench.

Orlando doesn't even use Bass, and Gortat is a luxury on a team that needs a great post up threat (no offense Dwight).

For the record, I think Lewis has an untradable contract. Vince would be very hard to move too.

rapjuicer06
05-20-2010, 01:00 PM
i say we try to do a sign and trade for bosh. trade gortat and bass with the exception. toronto has no center and bosh is a perfect compliment to howard. and would be the MUCH needed help howard needs for rebounding. then we draft a back up center.

howard/rookie
bosh/anderson
lewis/barnes
carter/redick
nelson/FA

thats what i'd guna for at the very least. then we become a traditional team and play inside out and then we have the shooters to shoot the three ball still

JordansBulls
05-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Just so others know. The Rockets in 1994 lost the first two games at home against Phoenix and came back and won the series.

Blackjack24
05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
without reading a single post in this thread, anyone who thinks Lewis and his ridiculous deal can be traded is ********.

Agreed 100%. Especially since he chose the last few games to go invisible. And then underperform even by invisible standards.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm still not giving up. In my mind the series isn't over yet.

C_Mund
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Just so others know. The Rockets in 1994 lost the first two games at home against Phoenix and came back and won the series.

1. True, but Howard is NOT the Dream. I'm not saying that Orlando can't do it because they're a really good team. I'm just saying that Hakeem was meant to win every championship that Jordan didn't until Timmy came along.

2. I actually wouldn't mind getting Gortat for Bosh, but we'd need more. You can't give up bench garbage for a perrenial all star. Like Bosh/Jose for Gortat/Nelson. That's still in Orlando's favor but more realistic unless we're taking two first rounders with Gortat/Bass.

Aiwokote
05-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Elton Brand's contract is pretty damn bad.

I'm sorry. That winner is actually Gilbert Arenas

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/washington.htm
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/philadelphia.htm
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

Lewis and Arenas have nearly identical contracts, but Gil has one extra year.

shep33
05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
What about Stan Van? Wonder if he stays or not... I think he's a good coach, but man when I look at that bench with Gortat and Bass, I mean is Bass injured? Cause I'd play him and Howard together, or Gortat and Howard together more.

shep33
05-20-2010, 02:05 PM
They're screwed with Lewis' contract... Hedo was more clutch than Vince plain and simple, when they needed buckets down the stretch last year, they went to Hedo who produced. Haha how about a Carter for Turkoglu trade??

Sixerlover
05-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Is there a market for Vince? I know they are stuck with Rashard thanks to that deal, but I'm wondering what team would bite on Vince, or if a team would bite on Vince.

Sly Guy
05-20-2010, 02:20 PM
They're screwed with Lewis' contract... Hedo was more clutch than Vince plain and simple, when they needed buckets down the stretch last year, they went to Hedo who produced. Haha how about a Carter for Turkoglu trade??

post this in the raps forum and see how it goes over.....oh wait, it's already been discussed. Haha

Lo Porto
05-20-2010, 02:28 PM
i say we try to do a sign and trade for bosh. trade gortat and bass with the exception. toronto has no center and bosh is a perfect compliment to howard. and would be the MUCH needed help howard needs for rebounding. then we draft a back up center.

howard/rookie
bosh/anderson
lewis/barnes
carter/redick
nelson/FA

thats what i'd guna for at the very least. then we become a traditional team and play inside out and then we have the shooters to shoot the three ball still

The reason Boozer works better is because he's probably not going to be a max contract player this summer. He'll probably get offers making about $13 or $14 million year one. Bosh will be a max contract player making about $17 million year one. To get Boozer, it would work financially to use Gortat and Bass. To get Bosh, you'd also have to throw in Reddick or Pietrus to have it work financially.

ko8e24
05-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Other teams I think would still want Vince Carter, but nobody would want Rashard Lewis' overpaid, overrated sorry *** contract. (Sorry for being so harsh, but the Magic were dumb in doing a S&T with Seattle Sonics a few summers back for that one-dimensional bum).

Raph12
05-20-2010, 02:53 PM
They won't get swept, Carter will get traded regardless (he's an expiring next season) and Shard is untradable.

This series is far from over, just watch.

slapnutz69
05-20-2010, 03:13 PM
the one thing that made a difference last year is the one thing that would make the difference this year, the big Turk, and to all of you who said v.c was better for the magic this year.....lmfao

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Haha. I laugh at this, and every other thread on the Magic so far. Everyone's talking about Hedo being better than Vince, but in reality, even though our team is better this year, think about some things.

-We wouldn't have even come close to being in the ECF last year if Kevin Garnett was back; and Hedo was on our team.

-Hedo was inconsistent in the Playoffs, just like Vince.

-Boston is better than us this year, or at least has more mental toughness than us, and they weren't last year.

All of this doesn't necessarily make sense. All you guys are seeing is that we're down 2-0 to a VERY hungry Boston squad. Some of you are giving too much credit to Hedo, and not enough to this year's Boston squad. Look at the facts, and they point toward Vince's favor, in all actuality.

Also, I agree with Raph. It's not over yet. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, folks.

Lo Porto
05-20-2010, 03:25 PM
It's not that the Magic is worse this year. It's that the Celtics are healthy and just a better team. Vince for Hedo is not the problem. The problem is that the Magic don't have a true post up threat. That's why they should go after Carlos Boozer. He would be their missing piece and a lot easier to get than Bosh.

The question is - do the Magic have the balls to trade Gortat and either Bass, Pietrus or Reddick to Utah for Boozer?

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 03:28 PM
It's not that the Magic is worse this year. It's that the Celtics are healthy and just a better team. Vince for Hedo is not the problem. The problem is that the Magic don't have a true post up threat. That's why they should go after Carlos Boozer. He would be their missing piece and a lot easier to get than Bosh.

The question is - do the Magic have the balls to trade Gortat and either Bass, Pietrus or Reddick to Utah for Boozer?

Thank. You.

I like this statement. This is basically mine in a nutshell. It's not Vince or Hedo that made the team. Boston is just better right now, and they're showing it. Anyone who thinks Hedo could've taken us farther than Vince this year, and help leading us to an 8-0 record before this Boston series, isn't thinking straight.

I think we'll approach Wade, or Boozer, in the off-season, but I don't know, I don't want to talk about it just YET. We need to see what happens, the series isn't over yet.

mia305king
05-20-2010, 03:33 PM

Good Post. Imo, people are overreacting, Orlando is a damn good team, but Boston's on fire. I don't think the Magic need to make all these moves that people are posting. Boozer would be a good fit imo.

*Superman*
05-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Rashard isn't going anywhere, the Magic are stuck with him. Vince can be expendable, but I want to wait for the season to be over before I judge any Magic player. If we were to trade Vince, I would think someone in return could be Iggy? Maybe Rudy Gay but I doubt it.

Boozer could be a addition and then we could move Lewis to SF, but when the playoffs and Finals come and we verse the teams like LA, we will get killed again because Boozer is only 6'9". I want a tall PF that will be able to guard and score, not a taller Brandon Bass.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 03:42 PM
That's true. People seem to forget Bass is pretty much a poor-man's Boozer. Bass is 6'8, Boozer is 6'9. In that case, we'd just try to pick up someone else, and move Bass to starting PF. Even Rashard is taller than him. Rashard is taller than Boozer, isn't he? Isn't Rashard 6'10?

*Superman*
05-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah Shard is 6'10. Utah got killed by LA's size this playoffs. Boozer didn't perform well.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Eh. I don't know what we should do right now. We'll have all off-season to discuss this, and we haven't lost this series yet. Let's see if we can pull it out, before discussing any trades.

*Superman*
05-20-2010, 03:51 PM
^I'm with you. ;)

BkOriginalOne
05-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Purely Speculation.
I think if they lose Vince is gone either way because his contract is expiring.

Why wouldn't the hawks see this opportunity to snag Vince in a S+T.
Hawks would get Carter in exchange for Joe J, who is going to bolt anyways.
They also get cap relief for next reason to pursue or retain players.

The Hawks get a younger Joe Johnson who not impede what the Magic are trying to do.

Disagreements?

RadiantShot
Yeah, and you'll be with me Saturday watching the game, no homo. ;)

RadiantShot
Purely Speculation.
I think if they lose Vince is gone either way because his contract is expiring.

Why wouldn't the hawks see this opportunity to snag Vince in a S+T.
Hawks would get Carter in exchange for Joe J, who is going to bolt anyways.
They also get cap relief for next reason to pursue or retain players.

The Hawks get a younger Joe Johnson who not impede what the Magic are trying to do.

Disagreements?

After seeing Joe Johnson in the Playoffs against us, choking, and talking smack about his own city, I'll pass, thanks.

*Superman*
05-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah JJ is not a guy that looks like he wants to win. Who knows, maybe in a Magic jersey, playing with Nelson, Howard, Shard, he will play good, but depends on when our season ends.

*Superman*
05-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, and you'll be with me Saturday watching the game, no homo. ;)

:o

Want to play bball Sat. before the game?

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 04:00 PM
:o

Want to play bball Sat. before the game?

Yeah, sure. You can take a shower at my house if you want. Bring an extra set of clothes, I don't want you stankin' up the place. :p

After that, we'll drive up to Little Caesar's, or Papa John's, and get a couple Pizzas, and some Soda! Sound good Broseph? ;)

*Superman*
05-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah, sure. You can take a shower at my house if you want. Bring an extra set of clothes, I don't want you stankin' up the place. :p

After that, we'll drive up to Little Caesar's, or Papa John's, and get a couple Pizzas, and some Soda! Sound good Broseph? ;)

LOL. I'll pass, but Dylan is driving anyways, so he can drop me off home and ill get a ride back to your house, all depends on what time we play though....we have to leave before 8. Or we could just try playing tomorrow.

NBAfan4life
05-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I read somewhere with the pending lockout expiring contracts may not be as attractive if the owners think there will be a lockout. Carter may not end up having any trade value

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 04:04 PM
LOL. I'll pass, but Dylan is driving anyways, so he can drop me off home and ill get a ride back to your house, all depends on what time we play though....we have to leave before 8. Or we could just try playing tomorrow.

LOL. Okay. That's good. We can play tomorrow, I guess. I don't think I'm doing anything. Hopefully it won't be H.A.B.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 04:04 PM
I read somewhere with the pending lockout expiring contracts may not be as attractive if the owners think there will be a lockout. Carter may not end up having any trade value

I read somewhere Otis does what he wants. ;)

Lo Porto
05-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Boozer got beat up by Gasol. If you look around, that is happening to everybody because Gasol is on a tear. But having Dwight next to Booz and Rashad spreading the floor changes things. Remember, Utah was a few bounces away from winning 3 of those 4 against LA without a center and their starting SF. Orlando doesn't have Deron Williams, they are a much more complete team than the 2010 playoff Jazz.

Raph12
05-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Boozer got beat up by Gasol. If you look around, that is happening to everybody because Gasol is on a tear. But having Dwight next to Booz and Rashad spreading the floor changes things. Remember, Utah was a few bounces away from winning 3 of those 4 against LA without a center and their starting SF. Orlando doesn't have Deron Williams, they are a much more complete team than the 2010 playoff Jazz.

Gasol will get destroyed by KG/Sheed/Perk, they play too physical for him and he can't handle that type of play. If Boston beats Orlando, LA better watch out, because just like the Magic, the Lakers have yet to be tested in the playoffs.

SteveNash
05-20-2010, 04:48 PM
They might be able to do:
Rashard for Monta and Biedrins

Carter for Arenas.

I don't think they'll break up the team though.

NBAfan4life
05-20-2010, 05:00 PM
I read somewhere Otis does what he wants. ;)

Thats a relief now that I know lebron and howard will be winning a championship in orlando next season :p

Lo Porto
05-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Gasol will get destroyed by KG/Sheed/Perk, they play too physical for him and he can't handle that type of play. If Boston beats Orlando, LA better watch out, because just like the Magic, the Lakers have yet to be tested in the playoffs.

Not arguing with that. Utah, without any help from the stripes by the way, damn near beat LA in Game 1, 2 and 3 without a single guy above 6'8" who was worth a flip. The Celtics length and team D should cause LA some trouble. If LA wins it all, I hope they earn it instead of relying on phantom fouls sending Kobe to the line in crunch time.

NBAfan4life
05-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Not arguing with that. Utah, without any help from the stripes by the way, damn near beat LA in Game 1, 2 and 3 without a single guy above 6'8" who was worth a flip. The Celtics length and team D should cause LA some trouble. If LA wins it all, I hope they earn it instead of relying on phantom fouls sending Kobe to the line in crunch time.

Kobe has not gotten very phantom fouls this year

Lo Porto
05-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Against OKC, he got none.

Against Utah, he got 3 fouls (5 FT's) in game 1 and 2 fouls (4 FT's) in game 2 right at the 4 minute mark in each game.

Against Phoenix, there has been a few fouls called on Grant Hill that made no sense whatsoever.

TheWatcher34
05-20-2010, 05:20 PM
who knows.

rapjuicer06
05-20-2010, 11:01 PM
bosh over boozer. bosh is taller, shoots better and can rebound and play defense. the PERFECT FIT for orlando. three 6'10/6'11 guys that will give every team in the NBA fits

IndiansFan337
05-20-2010, 11:07 PM
They wouldn't be able to get full value for Lewis, based on his long term contract. I believe that Carter is expiring next year, so his contract will have value next season. I am sure the Knicks wouldn't mind him as a fallback option this summer, because they then would maintain their cap space the following summer. But I don't see ORL dealing him just for salary cap relief, so the NYK probably wouldn't be willing to deal assets in exchange for him. I don't think that ORL would be willing to consider Curry in a deal either.

sNaKeS
05-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Orlando packages vince, rashard, jameer, gortat, and pietrus for lebron........I wish we could do that!

IndiansFan337
05-20-2010, 11:09 PM
They might be able to do:
Rashard for Monta and Biedrins

Carter for Arenas.

I don't think they'll break up the team though.

There was a report after Arenas gun charge last season that ORL would be one of the only teams interested in bringing him in via trade. With how great Nelson has played this season though, I am not sure if they would bring in another PG, even though they would likely play alongside one another often.

I don't think ORL would be willing to make that trade with GS. They probably wouldn't be willing to take on the long term salary in the Arenas trade either.

jackdawson
05-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Lewis might be overpiad, but some team will like his skill set enough to take him back.

Such as bulls?

_KB24_
05-20-2010, 11:17 PM
How about you deal Dwight for Odom and Bynum? ;)

SteveNash
05-20-2010, 11:44 PM
How about you deal Dwight for Odom and Bynum? ;)

Lakers wouldn't do that.

_KB24_
05-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Lakers wouldn't do that.

They would do that in a heartbeat, just like the Suns would trade any of the Suns players for him.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 11:58 PM
They would do that in a heartbeat, just like the Suns would trade any of the Suns players for him.

Don't listen to him. Just see his signature (Lost to Raph12, betting Orlando wouldn't make it to the ECF). He's not the brightest crayon in the box.

SteveNash
05-20-2010, 11:58 PM

The salaries don't match.

_KB24_
05-21-2010, 12:52 AM
The salaries don't match.

Doesn't change the fact that the Suns would be willing to trade any of their players for Dwight.

IversonIsKrazy
05-21-2010, 02:13 AM
LeBron + Hickson for Lewis + Rashard

Nelson/Pietrus/LeBron/Bass/D12
holy ****

MAC10TIZZY
05-21-2010, 03:59 AM
LeBron + Hickson for Lewis + Rashard

Nelson/Pietrus/LeBron/Bass/D12
holy ****

hmm, you do know rashard is lewis, lewis is rashard, agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiTownCubbies
05-21-2010, 04:20 AM

Very true, oh yea, by the way, see you in the finals. Love, Rondo, the "one creator." Also, the Magic need a solid 4 spot. The reason the Celtics are beating them is beacause they have someone who can guard Howard one on one in the post, and don't need to double, thus not giving thier shooters open threes. They are balanced, until they meet someone who can guard Howard.

mia305king
05-21-2010, 10:11 AM
hmm, you do know rashard is lewis, lewis is rashard, agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

IversonIsKrazy
05-21-2010, 04:17 PM
LOL, ahaha my bad. I ment to say Lewis + Carter LOL!!

ballpd05
05-21-2010, 04:23 PM

Dwayne Wade/JJ Redick/

Gilbert and D Wade could never co exist. There arent enough balls in the NBA for them to get up enough shots. That and Dwight would never touch the ball except on rebounds.

pistonsfanomg
05-22-2010, 02:18 AM

What a beautiful pitch your sig has

But yeah I don't see Lewis getting traded

Maybe Carter

kikeyanez
05-22-2010, 03:13 AM
the clippers wouldint even take on lewis contract

nearyG
05-22-2010, 03:19 AM
to raptors: carter
to magic: turkoglu

this is supposed to be ironic

AI4MVP
05-22-2010, 05:45 PM
the Magic needa get rid of ***** *** rashard lewis and try to being over Fran Vasquez. Hes younger then lewis and hes an actually power. hes also just plain and simple BETTER then rashard lewis

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 05:46 PM
I disagree. For one, we haven't seen Fran play. For another, Rashard has established his spot on this team as our source of three's, and our clutch player. He spreads the floor. That's what we need, unless we calm down on the threes, then we'd need a real PF.

RaptorsFanatic
05-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Even though this may sound ******** and completely impossible, I wouldn't mind welcoming Carter back to where it all started. Imagine that, lol.

RadiantShot
05-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Haha. After you guys got Hedo..Nothin' could be worse, huh? ;)

Vidball
05-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Would they have many/any takers for Vince?

jacquewho?
05-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Really? Nobody is gonna want Rashard's contract. This team is so close to the Finals, I don't see them giving up on the team just yet. They (the team) made great strides this year, they just couldn't put the pieces to the puzzle against Boston.

RaptorizedKevin
05-23-2010, 01:21 AM
Would they have many/any takers for Vince?

yes. they can have turkoglue back/.

xabial
05-23-2010, 01:26 AM
yes. they can have turkoglue back/.

You may not know it but your on to something

SluggeR
05-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Lewis' contract is unmoveable and I havn't looke at VC's, but I bet his is too. The magic only hope to shed some payroll is to move some of those bench players for some expirings that can contribute or draft picks.

RaptorizedKevin
05-23-2010, 01:39 AM
turk got them to the nba finals maybe ottis might want him back and try to trade for him now that his value has decreased.

abe_froman
05-23-2010, 01:44 AM
turk got them to the nba finals maybe ottis might want him back and try to trade for him now that his value has decreased.

no way,he has a 15% trade kicker to his contract.the desire to ok that for turk isnt high(sorry)

also think howard and the rest of that team had something to do with it as well

Derick713
05-23-2010, 01:52 AM
Maybe the Magic are banking on the Celtics getting old and hoping next year is their chance. Ray Allen may leave. The Magic would be the favorite in the East next season with the current roster.

Raph12
05-23-2010, 01:53 AM
They can deal Carter, he's an expiring next season, Shard is immovable.

Derick713
05-23-2010, 01:54 AM
I could see the Magic trading Lewis for Brand and the 2nd Pick. The 76ers would deal Brand for a PF who fit their style of play. I could see the 76ers favor a Brand and the 2and Pick for Jamison.

The 76ers need shooting badly and Rashard Provies that.

Jrue Holliday/
Andre Iguodala/
Thaddeus Young/
Rashard Lewis/
Samuel Dalembert/

RaptorizedKevin
05-23-2010, 01:59 AM
he has two season left.

Shadee
05-23-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd love to move Rashard but that is like Mission Impossible lol.

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 12:11 PM
As someone mentioned above me, maybe Orlando will explore that offer, of Brand & the Second pick, for Rashard...Think about it, we get Brand, who would bring the 'Real' Power-forward mentality, and game..While bringing experience..Toughness, etc..And also, we'd get the Second pick in the draft....? Get this done Otis..;)

sixerfixer
05-23-2010, 12:14 PM
I could see the Magic trading Lewis for Brand and the 2nd Pick. The 76ers would deal Brand for a PF who fit their style of play. I could see the 76ers favor a Brand and the 2and Pick for Jamison.

Jrue Holliday/
Andre Iguodala/
Thaddeus Young/
Rashard Lewis/
Samuel Dalembert/

Brand and # 2 for Lewis ?...Absolutely Stupid and Clueless!!:facepalm:

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Brand and # 2 for Lewis ?...Absolutely Stupid and Clueless!!:facepalm:

What if something else was added into the equation?

sixerfixer
05-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Add something ? Even if you added Dwight,,,it would still be a resounding NO!!!

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Add something ? Even if you added Dwight,,,it would still be a resounding NO!!!

That's pretty stupid. Personally, I think Philly would trade, Brandon, Iggy, and the second round, just for Dwight. You're not Basketball smart, are you?

sixerfixer
05-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Really,,what has Dwight ever done ? The dude has NO Offensive skills whatsoever. All he can do is Dunk. And come playoff time, when the games tend to be more half court, Dwight can't even muscle his way down close to dunk alot of the time. Oh and in a MUST GAME last night,,,remind me again,,,what did Mr. SUPERMAN do ?

Yeah I thoght so! Dwight is a great rebounder and shot-blocker yes. But at 7ft, 1 he should be,,,he should be MORE...and he Isn't. Dwight is ALL Hype!!

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Really,,what has Dwight ever done ? The dude has NO Offensive skills whatsoever. All he can do is Dunk. And come playoff time, when the games tend to be more half court, Dwight can't even muscle his way down close to dunk alot of the time. Oh and in a MUST GAME last night,,,remind me again,,,what did Mr. SUPERMAN do ?

Yeah I thoght so! Dwight is a great rebounder and shot-blocker yes. But at 7ft, 1 he should be,,,he should be MORE...and he Isn't. Dwight is ALL Hype!!

At 24 years of age, Dwight Howard has :

-One Finals Appearance
-2 ECF Appearances
-3 All-Star Game Appearances
-2 DPOY Awards (Back-to-Back)
-Led the league in FG%, Blocked Shots, and Rebounds, two times in a row.

Not just that, but he's the best defensive player that this league has seen since Ben Wallace in his prime, and he shows no signs of letting up. He will continue to beast on defense most likely, and his offense will only get better, in a system, that right now, is based around the three-point shot, and he barely get's touches. Come talk to me at the end of Dwight's career, and tell me you wouldn't trade your whole Sixer's roster, just for Dwight Howard. All he can do is dunk? Please, you're making yourself look like an idiot.

sixerfixer
05-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Orlando ONLY got to the finals last year cause Boston was crippled. And they are PROVING that this year. And what did L.A. do to Dwight last year, remind me again.
Individual awrads are for geeky little weenies like yourself. Yes Dwight is a good Shot-blocker and Rebounder. But, after 6 years in the league, has he developed ONE Offensive move ?...NO! Has he Improved at all on his FT Shooting ?.....NO!

He is a good player. But not CLOSE to a Franchise player.

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Orlando ONLY got to the finals last year cause Boston was crippled. And they are PROVING that this year. And what did L.A. do to Dwight last year, remind me again.
Individual awrads are for geeky little weenies like yourself. Yes Dwight is a good Shot-blocker and Rebounder. But, after 6 years in the league, has he developed ONE Offensive move ?...NO! Has he Improved at all on his FT Shooting ?.....NO!

He is a good player. But not CLOSE to a Franchise player.

I drew the line there. Your stupidity is beyond believable.

Truheatfan
05-23-2010, 01:05 PM
They can't deal Lewis, that contract is pretty bad. Carter they might be able to cuz he is expiring right?

that pretty much sums it up,carter can be moved not so sure about lewis

Raph12
05-23-2010, 08:39 PM

Dude, you guys have been a joke since Malone left in 86, AI brought some excitement to the city, but that's about it. Dwight would be the greatest thing that happened to Philly since the cheesesteak.

td0tsfinest
05-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Dude, you guys have been a joke since Malone left in 86, AI brought some excitement to the city, but that's about it. Dwight would be the greatest thing that happened to Philly since the cheesesteak.

Well the Phillies won the World Series a couple of years ago and the Flyers are at the brink of going to the Stanley Cup Finals.

jackdawson
05-23-2010, 08:53 PM

Jrue Holliday/
Andre Iguodala/
Thaddeus Young/
Rashard Lewis/
Samuel Dalembert/

:facepalm::facepalm:

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 08:55 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

I'd have to agree. Haha.