PDA

View Full Version : Celtics were going to trade for butler and boozer?

BOSTON617
05-19-2010, 03:32 PM
I heard this on sports radio WEEI bostons sports radio talk back on the trade deadline their were talks of ray allen getting traded for caron butler and perkins getting traded for carlos boozer....

boozer
kg
pierce
butler
rondo

or

perk
kg
pierce
allen
rondo

what team would you feel is better i feel with boozer and butler you have a more physical and better defensive team but with ray allen and perk you have chemistry and with ray you have that spark on offense... just wondering your thoughts....

abe_froman
05-19-2010, 03:37 PM
good thing they didnt

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-19-2010, 03:41 PM
I heard this on sports radio WEEI bostons sports radio talk back on the trade deadline their were talks of ray allen getting traded for caron butler and perkins getting traded for carlos boozer....

boozer
kg
pierce
butler
rondo

or

perk
kg
pierce
allen
rondo

what team would you feel is better i feel with boozer and butler you have a more physical and better defensive team but with ray allen and perk you have chemistry and with ray you have that spark on offense... just wondering your thoughts....

I hope you're kidding!

Boozer can't even hold his arms up let alone play defense

Becks2307
05-19-2010, 03:41 PM
they would have lost to cleveland

RadiantShot
05-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I like the team they have now. It out-does everything that the supposed team would've done. The Celtics have the most mental-toughness in this league, or close to it.

shep33
05-19-2010, 03:52 PM
It would be hard for me to trade Perkins... the guy does almost everything he's asked to perfectly. He rebounds, defends, shoots a high percentage, and looks like he's about to eat you.

I wouldn't have traded Ray either, he and rondo have been their best players in the 2nd half of the season easily.

bigsams50
05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Both Trades would've destroyed the Celtics

JordansBulls
05-19-2010, 03:57 PM

boozer
kg
pierce
butler
rondo

or

perk
kg
pierce
allen
rondo

Not sure I would have done it either.

Sadds The Gr8
05-19-2010, 03:58 PM
they'd be way worse....the only 3 pt shooting threat would be Pierce, and he's not supposed to be a set shooter...and they'd lose their best post defender for a player that can score but hardly plays defense at all.

unwantedplayer
05-19-2010, 04:00 PM
You gotta be kidding me, lol. They would be a WORSE defensive team with Butler and Boozer. Ray and Perk are very valuable for their unique abilities. Perk is a defensive monster and Ray is a sharpshooter. What would have been the benefits of doing that trade? Nothing that would help us...

69centers
The Butler trade was talked about heavily at the time, just before the trade deadline. The Boozer deal was never heard about until these past few weeks, even though the deal was discussed before the trade deadline. They kept that one tightly lipped.

Wiz kids
Danny Ainge is overrated as a GM/President.

ballpd05
Ray Allen is better than Caron Butler in every facet of the game minus age.

Boozer can score, but he is an undersized PF. Perkins anchors that Defense. If they had Boozer and KG trying to stop D12 it would be a long series, but Perkins gives them that matchup as well as is a heck of a help defender too.

Giantwarrior
05-19-2010, 04:02 PM
celtics are up 2-0 on the magic. i think they are ok, with the team they have.

cheerio
05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
I love trade deadline rumors

king4day
05-19-2010, 04:04 PM
At the time it would have been a great move. Now though, Boston did right by not making the trades.
Besides, Perkins is a very underrated defender. You don't hear a lot, but it's rare you hear an opposing big have a scoring field day on him.

Giannis94
05-19-2010, 04:05 PM

boozer
kg
pierce
butler
rondo

or

perk
kg
pierce
allen
rondo

They still got further than 26 other teams....

ZioAx
05-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Danny Ainge is overrated as a GM/President.

overrated because of trades that never happened? :facepalm:

stop trolling

jimbobjarree
05-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Perk to Utah :drool:

shame that didnt happen for us, but boston wudda been kicking themselves

BradyIsTheMan12
05-19-2010, 04:11 PM
overrated because of trades that never happened? :facepalm:

stop trolling

x2

thekmp211
05-19-2010, 04:19 PM
being a uconn fan i've always liked butler. he'd always been underrated imo up until last year when he was scoring a ton for that ****** wizards team. now he gets the ball and tries to go iverson everytime. he really hurt the mavericks in the playoffs.

at the time a lot of people in boston would have been real happy about those trades. clearly it would have been a downgrade.

D-Will4Prez
05-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Perkins in Utah would've been amazing :drool:

Ray Ray for Butler would've been a very bad trade though.

igPay atinLay
05-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I say much better without the trade...you have a group with great on court chemistry and talent, but if you make the trade you may not have that chemistry

KnicksorBust
05-19-2010, 04:29 PM

Definately the team they have now.

Ray Allen is better than Caron Butler in every facet of the game minus age.
Boozer can score, but he is an undersized PF. Perkins anchors that Defense. If they had Boozer and KG trying to stop D12 it would be a long series, but Perkins gives them that matchup as well as is a heck of a help defender too.

Yep. Absolutely everything minus age... well and getting to the foul line, rebounding, and creating turnovers. BUT THAT'S IT!

At the time it would have been a great move. Now though, Boston did right by not making the trades.
Besides, Perkins is a very underrated defender. You don't hear a lot, but it's rare you hear an opposing big have a scoring field day on him.

Agree. It is funny to me that Perkins for Boozer is considered a bad trade for BOSTON considering Boozer is the all-star big FA and Perkins is simply a rebounding defensive center.

BOSTON617
05-19-2010, 04:33 PM
i think butler is better then ray allen defense wise and driving wise but ray is clearly better at shooting he has a better shot... and if boozer for perk i think boozer would be a good pick up... we would of had a big line up obv i want to keep it how it is but im just thinking about what could of happened

BOSTON617
05-19-2010, 04:35 PM
perkins play a big role for boston but its a small role for many... he accepts his orle thats why he is a great fit ofr boston he does what he needs to do simple as that but boozer could be a great pick up i like the perk for boozer trade.... but perk is better defense wise.... but butler is way better then allen defense wise

drama1386
05-19-2010, 04:40 PM
if those trades were to happen, they wouldn't have gotten past the cavs. i like the team they have now.

dukejazz
05-19-2010, 04:56 PM
I hope you're kidding!

He can hold his arms up. HE is also a great scorer. Doesnt matter because celtics will win championship with the team they have now. Great teamwork. Im rooting for them now that my jazz are done and hard to tell if there teamwork would be better or worse losing perkins and allen

majmarcus
05-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I hope you're kidding!

LoL...I was thinking the same thing!

magichatnumber9
05-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Danny Ainge is overrated as a GM/President.Listen don't come around here and start padding your post count. You can go to the NHL forum pick a team so far south they don't get snow and go nuts with single letter posts. You come here and write something bold and have nothing to back it up, then you don't belong here. You made an argument, present your ****ing case.

magichatnumber9
05-19-2010, 08:22 PM
First off, can we all agree that after the first 30 games of the regular season the Celtics played possum. I don't like that at all because I feel like I'm wasting my time when I watch 80 plus Celtic games a year. But if the ends justify the means; I Can live with that. Thank You Sheed

ILLN355
05-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Magic would of been up 2-0 on the Cavs if this trade went down.

Big Quett
05-19-2010, 08:31 PM

Damn that would have been a great trade.......for UTAH

Truheatfan
05-19-2010, 08:40 PM
WOW that wouldve sucked for them boozer cant play defense!

KB24PG16
05-19-2010, 08:51 PM
i think it wouldve been a bad trade for boston if they traded boozer for perkins they lose defense and would have a huge matchup problem if the lakers get to the finals boozer can never play against bigger guys

ldc62
05-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Boozer can't play D... for some reason alot of people are confused by that fact (I was too, not anymore). Just because the Jazz are known for physicality, doesn't mean that all their players are good defenders. Boozer is lucky everyone around him are tough.

ldc62
05-19-2010, 10:28 PM
First off, can we all agree that after the first 30 games of the regular season the Celtics played possum. I don't like that at all because I feel like I'm wasting my time when I watch 80 plus Celtic games a year. But if the ends justify the means; I Can live with that. Thank You Sheed

haha Just wondering... you read Bill Simmons stuff right (Im a huge fan, but I wanted to know what Boston Fans think of him)?

MacFitz92
05-19-2010, 11:35 PM
You seriously think Carlos Boozer would ever play center? He's 6'7" for crying out loud.

LA_Raiders
05-19-2010, 11:42 PM
lol, what a dream...

THE MTL
05-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Celtics would be a WORST team. They wouldnt have chemistry with Butler or Boozer. They would be more like the Mavericks (who looked pathetic in their first round loss).