PDA

View Full Version : Stevens Recalled - Caridad possibly back to DL

rjf15
05-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Jeff Stevens was recalled from Iowa this morning to replace Big Z in the pen. Announcement coming shortly.

gocubs2118
05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Jeff stevens just walked thru the door. From iowa. Caridad could be headed back to dl (elbow)

CST Twitter

croce_99
05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Opened this thread again. Rjf15, we deleted it because you didn't have any real sources. But it sounds like you were correct:

From Gordon Wittenmyer:

Jeff stevens just walked thru the door. From iowa. Caridad could be headed back to dl (elbow)

CubbieSteve
05-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I like Stevens. Hopefully he can eat some innings...

CUBDOM4life
05-19-2010, 05:27 PM
I am also fond of Stevens.

Mell413
05-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Nice to see Stevens get called up. The walks are somewhat of a concern. Hopefully he comes up and throws strikes.

MJ-BULLS
05-19-2010, 05:34 PM
good, cariblow back to the DL.

I like Stevens way more.

Jilly Bohnson
05-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Anyone else really worried about Caridad? Forearm. Then elbow. All he needs is a triceps strain and he'll have completed the "I need TJ surgery" trifecta.

mg420
05-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Anyone else really worried about Caridad? Forearm. Then elbow. All he needs is a triceps strain and he'll have completed the "I need TJ surgery" trifecta.

that would explain his ineffectiveness this year. hope stevens can finally get it together in the majors. he dominates in AAA and then looks like he has nothing against ML hitters.

windycityD
05-20-2010, 12:17 AM

Honestly, did you even know anything about Caridad prior to August of last season? I did not. I hope he's not hurt bad-like, but for the love of God, why has Stevens been leap frogged by both Caridad and Berg for this long. Both of them have been shite.

zambo4president
05-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Stevens is sick

Jilly Bohnson
05-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Honestly, did you even know anything about Caridad prior to August of last season? I did not. I hope he's not hurt bad-like, but for the love of God, why has Stevens been leap frogged by both Caridad and Berg for this long. Both of them have been shite.

Yeah, but before last year he was more of a back of the rotation type guy rather than a late inning reliever. But then he suddenly added a few mph's and boom, that's how he got to be as good as he was late last year.

Diehardcub
05-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Nice to see Stevens get called up. The walks are somewhat of a concern. Hopefully he comes up and throws strikes.

Definitely glad to see Caridad out. Stevens walks really concern me, although he should be much better than Caridad. Parker walks people too, but hasn't walked many batters lately. I would have preferred to give Parker a chance. Hopefully Stevens can put it together.

Ron!n
05-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Yeah, but before last year he was more of a back of the rotation type guy rather than a late inning reliever. But then he suddenly added a few mph's and boom, that's how he got to be as good as he was late last year.
Im thinking certain tests need to be run on Smiley's urine.

homestarunner93
05-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Stevens looked like a joke today. He bounced two consecutive pitches in front of the plate against Polanco. :pity:

Ron!n
05-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Stevens looked like a joke today. He bounced two consecutive pitches in front of the plate against Polanco. :pity:
Yeah a joke that got all 3 batters he faced out :rolleyes: