PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter gets "Nick Anderson Syndrome"

ImeanCmon
05-19-2010, 03:55 AM
At the foul line Vince Carter had a chance to make MAGIC happen and put Orlando back in contention down 1 with about 36 seconds left in the game..CHOKE!!! Two missed free throws and a 35 ft. prayer from Nelson looked to end Orlando's return to the finals, knowing they'll have to survive atleast three more games in Boston. With the Celtics over powering over matching the Magic throughout game one and two, the big three has grown to the big four. Rajon Rondo, Pierce, Kg, and Ray Allen, along with solid bench play have been not only to much for the Magic, but Boston might have turned into the most impressive team left in the NBA's final four. Defensively the Celtics have battled there way from a average season winning fifty games to another possible showdown with the L.A. Lakers in this years finals. Vince Carters 5-15 performance was lack luster and to miss the late free throws shows he was not what the Magic needed to get over the hump. Dwight Howard's 30 played into the Celtics strategy and Rashad Lewis ... did he even play in this game???? Oh yeah he accounted for 5 POINTS in 41mins!!!... Nick Anderson's collapse in 1995 might have been a ghost from the past. The 95' Magic where in my opinion a great team that if stayed together could have captured championship(s) Penny and Shaq could of very well have done what Kobe and Shaq did, but as we seen events caused history to change, or so i thought until tonight. A Free Throw might sound like the easiest point to secure in sports, but unless you have that clutch factor(especially in the playoffs) that cant be taught you might find yourself with your face in your palm heading home to Disney world, In this case literally.

tredigs
05-19-2010, 04:03 AM
This just looks like a block of letters to me. If you're the thread starter, try to make it clear and concise, and actually have a coherent point behind it all.

Seriously dude, not trying to be a dick but what's your point? That VC choked at the line? Great, no ****.

Jahari Kavi
05-19-2010, 04:07 AM
lol...Nick The Brick syndrome...haha

Alleyeson49
05-19-2010, 05:34 AM
This just looks like a block of letters to me. If you're the thread starter, try to make it clear and concise, and actually have a coherent point behind it all.

Seriously dude, not trying to be a dick but what's your point? That VC choked at the line? Great, no ****.

Actually the OP has provided a very well written thought on the missed free throws and their impact in his mind. However, a few indents would definitely make it more easier to read, and you would see the transitions much clearer. Overall, it was a nice post from a new poster. Just try to take heed of what this other gentleman said, and place some space in between your paragraphs.

tredigs
05-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Actually the OP has provided a very well written thought on the missed free throws and their impact in his mind. However, a few indents would definitely make it more easier to read, and you would see the transitions much clearer. Overall, it was a nice post from a new poster. Just try to take heed of what this other gentleman said, and place some space in between your paragraphs.

haha well... I can appreciate your civility and would probably do well not to jump on people so quick, but let's be honest, the thing was hard to read. It was a run-on stream of consciousness post more than a topic starter.

Vince choked on the free throws, J.J. choked on the timeout call, Van Gundy choked in continuing to force offensive isolations for his center that does not seem to be capable of the role, and Rashard Lewis choked by becoming some docile shell of himself in this series.

It was a great game, and Vince definitely dropped the ball on those free throws, but he can't be the one to blame for this loss. They're playing a better team, plain and simple. I don't know where this Celtics team was all year, but they're here now. And I don't think they're going to lose another series.

RadiantShot
05-19-2010, 07:53 AM
I'll read this later.

xbrackattackx
05-19-2010, 09:23 AM
I'll read this later.

x2 It's a unabridged novel.

RadiantShot
05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I guess I'll have to personally space it out -_-"

Wcuracer29
05-19-2010, 09:39 AM

hyphens would have worked great in this case Radiant!

On another note- people who create a screen name just to start a bashing thread are childish and stupid. The kid that does these things thinks they're so cute and laughing while they type because they think they're such bada$$es for posting something negative and nobody knowing who they are.

king4day
05-19-2010, 09:42 AM
I stopped reading after the 'make MAGIC happen' reference.
He choked there but it still wouldn't have tied the game.
"Making Magic happen" would be hitting 2 FT's with less than a second left to give your team the lead and win.

Wcuracer29
05-19-2010, 09:46 AM
I stopped reading after the 'make MAGIC happen' reference.
He choked there but it still wouldn't have tied the game.
"Making Magic happen" would be hitting 2 FT's with less than a second left to give your team the lead and win.

quoted for truth

Sadds The Gr8
05-19-2010, 12:38 PM
I was so glad that piece of crap missed those FTs.

nickdymez
05-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Are people really mad that he didn't space out his post? wild...

Anyway, it was a good read and was dead on... Good post

C_Mund
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I (like so many raptor fans) would be cheering so hard for Orlando in this series if it wasn't for Vince. I don't mean any ill will on the Magic but Wince Quitter has no clutch unless he's playing Toronto. I was happy to see him brick those shots because he doesn't deserve to play for a 'chip. Get rid of him this offseason and watch as you're back in the finals next year!

SirCalvin81
05-19-2010, 01:00 PM
I was so glad that piece of crap missed those FTs.

LOL i love your passion

smith&wesson
05-19-2010, 01:19 PM
I (like so many raptor fans) would be cheering so hard for Orlando in this series if it wasn't for Vince. I don't mean any ill will on the Magic but Wince Quitter has no clutch unless he's playing Toronto. I was happy to see him brick those shots because he doesn't deserve to play for a 'chip. Get rid of him this offseason and watch as you're back in the finals next year!

speak for your self. not all raptor fans hate on carter. some of us understand that he gave us the best years of his career. mlse F'd carter not vice versa.
remember that. i wouldnt want to play for rob babcock either. would you ??

any ways carter is a big upgrade over turk. he cant be blamed alone for orlando dropping two at home. its a team game.

bottom line, the best offense in the league (magic) vs the best defense in the league (celtics) who did you think was gonna win ??

defense wins championships.

MTar786
05-19-2010, 01:54 PM
speak for your self. not all raptor fans hate on carter. some of us understand that he gave us the best years of his career. mlse F'd carter not vice versa.

any ways carter is a big upgrade over turk. he cant be blamed alone for orlando dropping two at home. its a team game.

bottom line, the best offense in the league (magic) vs the best defense in the league (celtics) who did you think was gonna win ??

LOL :facepalm:

C_Mund
05-19-2010, 01:57 PM

Sorry dude, I'm not trying to put words in your, uh, keyboard. The whole mlse-carter thing was a two way street, though.
I never meant to speak for ALL raptor fans. I was speaking for myself and the 18,000 people that boo him every time he touches the ball at the ACC.
I've moved on and don't hate VC the way I used to but in my eyes he doesn't deserve to be hoisting the l.o.b.trophy in the end. Not just 'cause of the raps situation, but for the doofus he's proven himself to be throughout his career.

JIDsanity
05-19-2010, 02:01 PM
If your Boston and your bragging you arent too smart. Your winning close games where your playing at your highest level, and relying on the poor play of 4 out of the 5 starters on the previous EC Champions. They better expect more in Boston. BTW isnt this what happened last year, both teams could not win at home.

rawz
05-19-2010, 02:01 PM
What happened with nick anderson is WAY diffrent. He missed 4 consecutive shots, where 1 would have probally won it for them. Plus, even if vince makes 1, they still probally lose.

JIDsanity
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Sorry dude, I'm not trying to put words in your, uh, keyboard. The whole mlse-carter thing was a two way street, though.
I never meant to speak for ALL raptor fans. I was speaking for myself and the 18,000 people that boo him every time he touches the ball at the ACC.
I've moved on and don't hate VC the way I used to but in my eyes he doesn't deserve to be hoisting the l.o.b.trophy in the end. Not just 'cause of the raps situation, but for the doofus he's proven himself to be throughout his career.

He doesnt seem like much of a doofus when you consider the fact that the Raptors have been anything more than terrible without him. There is a reason he left, there is a reason Bosh wants to leave.

C_Mund
05-19-2010, 02:16 PM
I guess I'll have to agree to disagree with people on this then.
The guy goes down like a ton of bricks once a week, misses clutch shots, puts himself ahead of the team and is said to be a downer in the locker room.
I actually thought most of those things were myths invented by disgruntled raps fans, but after reading Bill Simmons' "Book of Basketball", there's a LOT of information that details how little many nba insiders think of what vc has become....but Simmons has a personal grudge for some reason as well.

C_Mund
05-19-2010, 02:27 PM
He doesnt seem like much of a doofus when you consider the fact that the Raptors have been anything more than terrible without him. There is a reason he left, there is a reason Bosh wants to leave.

Very true, but there's also a reason that's he's been sold for a bag of wristbands more than once in his career. Toronto didn't give him what he wanted, but he also didn't give us proper time to rebuild after he bricked that shot in the EC semi's then went down the next year right before the playoffs.
Besides, the nets only beat a "terrible" raps team in the playoffs with him RJ and Kidd, and it's looking like the magic took a sideways step (at best) with him.
I just don't see why people are defending the guy that could have been an all time great but turned out like a prima donna Joe Johnson

Bruno
05-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Vince has all the pressure on him in this series. I felt bad when he missed those free-throws.

SteveNash
05-19-2010, 04:54 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2ihl8o0.gif

Everyone misses free throws.

cdnsportsfan
05-19-2010, 05:01 PM
VC was a great Raptor, the break up was messy and was a two way street, he'll live in infamy in the city but bottom line is, regardless of past feelings he has drawbacks no question at all!

One analyst in the past (I can't remember who) said that Carter could be one of the best in the NBA if he actually played to his talent level all the time, he just refuses to do that. Watch his career, he's played near the top of the league at times but also spends large portions of seasons under criticism for lacklustre play. His effort is not consistent and it's really a sad waste of ridiculous talent!

He's not really that clutch and I think part of it is that his effort has been so inconsistent, and I think part of that is because he has a part of him that does just give up at times. As a result it's easy for him to get down on himself and if you're a clutch performer you're nothing short of absolute in your knowledge that you're king ***** and no one is stopping you period!

So, long story short, I was not surprised one bit that Carter missed both of those crucial shots last night.

tredigs
05-19-2010, 05:38 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2ihl8o0.gif

Everyone misses free throws.

There isn't a place in the world he wouldn't rather be than that free throw line. Jesus.

Iodine
05-19-2010, 05:41 PM
I gave VC some props after the game one performance, Now I remember why I ****ing hate him so much.

JordansBulls
05-19-2010, 05:44 PM
How is it Nick Anderson Syndrome when the Magic were leading in that game in 1995?

Dwight Howard got the Nick Anderson syndrome last year in game 4 when the Magic were up 3.

CowboysKB24
05-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Magic just lost their chances last night.

SF25
05-19-2010, 06:52 PM
It wouldn't have made much a difference in the end, JJ would have still tried to advance the ball up the court rather then call timeout and the Magic would be in the same situation, just down 1 or 2 instead of 3. However, with that being said, for a veteran player who is an 84% free throw shooter and known to be clutch in multiple situation in the past go to the free throw line and miss both of them is inexcusable.

JJ_JKidd
05-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Since when did this guy not choke!?!?!?!!?! Chrisake!

RadiantShot
05-19-2010, 10:48 PM
You're a fine one to talk ^ Mr. Jason Kidd & Vince Carter in your avatar. :rolleyes:

DenButsu
05-19-2010, 11:03 PM

One of my favorite hobbies... :rolleyes:

King P
05-19-2010, 11:15 PM
VC has hit his fair share of clutch shots, so let's not say his always falls in the clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sQxpGhMTE

King P
05-19-2010, 11:17 PM
But I remember watching 1st & 10 and Jalen Rose (who played with Vince Carter) said that VC could have been the best player in the league, but he never wanted to. VC had superstar talent, but he never had superstar ego. He always wanted to be "one of the guys". This coming from a former teammate.

But in a way, I kinda respect that.

RadiantShot
05-20-2010, 09:52 AM
One of my favorite hobbies... :rolleyes:

Mine too..Next to watching grass grow. ;)

Rentzias
05-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Legler made a good point the other day that Vince's misses were all over the place, left and right, instead of short or long, and he read that as the pressure getting to him instead of a straight up miss. As an expert rec league choker, I will vouch for that.

nbafan63
05-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Vince carter takes bad shots after bad shots. You are bound to make some when you take so many, and when you make it...you look like a talented all star. But the truth is, he is just a showboat and will never win anything.