PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudamire witnesses his mother's arrest

JordansBulls
05-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Link (http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0oKLz6GI3)

TMZ has learned the 6'10" NBA star was named in a police report involving an incident with his mother, Carrie Mae Stoudemire, that took place Saturday afternoon.

According to the report, police in Scottsdale, Arizona pulled Carrie over for allegedly driving erratically -- and eventually placed her in handcuffs for refusing to take a field sobriety test. But soon after the stop, another car -- a Bentley -- arrived to the scene.

Two incredibly tall men emerged from the car -- and a responding officer claims he recognized one of them as Amar'e. According to the report, Carrie began kicking the patrol car and yelling for Amar'e to "get a lawyer."

The officer claims he then asked Amar'e and his friend to leave the scene because they were causing Carrie to "act out." According to the report, Amar'e immediately complied with the officer's request.

Carrie -- who has a long history of alcohol abuse -- was eventually booked for speeding, failure to drive in a single lane and operating a vehicle without a court-ordered breathalyzer ignition interlock device.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-18-2010, 07:57 PM
i thought she was still in prison.

JNA17
05-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire's mother was arrested on Saturday in Scottsdale, Ariz., for failing to have an ignition interlock device on her vehicle, according to a report in the Arizona Republic.

Carrie Mae Stoudemire, 54, was stopped at 3:25 p.m. after her Lincoln Navigator was straddling two lanes and going 60 mph, according to the Scottsdale police report. Her eyes were "watery and glassy," according to the officer.

Carrie Stoudemire told the officer the Navigator was rented and she was unaware she needed to have an ignition interlock device on all of her vehicles. She added that she was on her way to an alcohol class.

Police said Carrie Stoudemire's driver's license says she must have the device on her vehicles until Oct. 30.

After Carrie Stoudemire refused to participate in a field sobriety test, the officer handcuffed her and put her in the back seat of his patrol car.

According to the report, Amare Stoudemire and another man arrived at the scene a few minutes later. Carrie Stoudemire began to yell "Amar'e!" and asked for a lawyer.

Police said Carrie Stoudemire was charged with speeding, operating a vehicle without an ignition interlock device and failure to drive in a single lane. She was booked into the Scottsdale jail and later released.

Carrie Stoudemire has been in and out of jail throughout Stoudemire's life for charges ranging from drunken driving to drug possession to prostitution.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5200331

holy ****!!

JNA17
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm guessing no one finds this interesting :laugh2:

Gibby23
05-19-2010, 11:18 AM
It was posted yesterday.

clutchski
05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
:yawn: I found the prostitution part interesting.

JNA17
05-19-2010, 11:29 AM
It was posted yesterday.

it was? Where?

bal_ravens
05-19-2010, 11:29 AM
And Amare goes insane for 40 points and 15 rebounds!

GSW Hoops
05-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Haha, she had a few cocktails before heading to her alcohol class.

And why do drunks always have to get the biggest, heaviest vehicles they can find when they tool around drunk? Dump the Lincoln Navigator and get a Geo Metro...that way you're less likely to kill someone if you get in a wreck.

cheerio
05-19-2010, 11:38 AM
i like how he instantly asked for a lawyer, momma didnt teach him that

Gibby23
05-19-2010, 11:39 AM
it was? Where?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486879

xbrackattackx
05-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Late Pass.

beasted86
05-19-2010, 11:42 AM
And why do drunks always have to get the biggest, heaviest vehicles they can find when they tool around drunk? Dump the Lincoln Navigator and get a Geo Metro...that way you're less likely to kill someone if you get in a wreck.

:hi5:

Statik1
05-19-2010, 11:43 AM

Best logic EVER!

:laugh:

clutchski
05-19-2010, 11:43 AM
i like how he instantly asked for a lawyer, momma didnt teach him that

She asked for the lawyer

tdunk21
05-19-2010, 11:45 AM
already posted yesterday.....old news....but amare has a bentley???wow

effen5
05-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Why does that shock you?

I saw Dwades Bently the other day in front of my work. He was going to city hall to go to court against his baby's mama?

CowboysKB24
05-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Gross. I feel bad Amar'e's (<----- is that grammatically correct?) mother is so messed up. All the money just made everything worse.

GSW Hoops
05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Gross. I feel bad Amar'e's (<----- is that grammatically correct?) mother is so messed up. All the money just made everything worse.

I forgot where I read it, but money doesn't change people--it only allows them to be what they already are.

Thus, a drunk who wins the lottery will continue to be a drunk, except he can now afford more booze and a bigger house to get drunk in.

Thatruth32
05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
:shrug: where is the dolphins GM when u need him

smith&wesson
05-19-2010, 12:23 PM
wow PROSTITUTION ?? wow

Voodoo Alchemy
05-19-2010, 12:38 PM
wow PROSTITUTION ?? wow

what do you think most nba wives are?

amoore87
05-19-2010, 12:40 PM
whats up with all the mom news this month..dex..lebron..now amare

Voodoo Alchemy
05-19-2010, 12:47 PM
whats up with all the mom news this month..dex..lebron..now amare

their vaginas gave birth to nba players for the world to enjoy. now the world is giving back.

SirCalvin81
05-19-2010, 01:12 PM
their vaginas gave birth to nba players for the world to enjoy. now the world is giving back.

LOL

Yea that way, the drunk would most likely get hurt.

tangent12
05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm guessing the prostitution ended once Amare got drafted into the NBA? Or was it recent?

Thatruth32
05-19-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm guessing the prostitution ended once Amare got drafted into the NBA? Or was it recent?

never thought of that but yea that would be bad if she is still trickin when her son is papered up

mdm692
05-19-2010, 01:54 PM

lol @ you being surprised that amare has bently...no hate...but the guys makes 17 mill a year he probably has 2 or 3 bentleys...common sense....

Larry Fitzgeralds bentley is sick as ****...he lives near my house in phx :)