PDA

View Full Version : Celtics Team Issue?

nbafan63
05-18-2010, 09:11 AM
There was a report this morning that Doc had to call a time out because 2 members of the Celtics were starring down each other after a defensive missed assignment.

The report did not name any names, but was anyone at the game to see who this report was talking about?

Here is the source from Boston sports news:
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/05/18/defensive_rotation_comes_full_circle/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Boston+Celtics+news

Bulls_fan90
05-18-2010, 09:24 AM
That's pretty funny. Im guessing Perkins and KG. Shows how much they want to win, they are a serious threat for the championship this year.

magichatnumber9
05-18-2010, 09:27 AM
I love it. This is the defensive intensity we need to win in the playoffs. Thanks for the info.

Wilson
05-18-2010, 09:32 AM
If anybody has a link to a decent source for this story, please share...

DenButsu
05-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Unsourced, unlinked rumors don't really fly here - we can only assume they're unfounded.

I'll check back on this in 30 minutes or so. If there's not a linked source to a credible news organization or journalist, it'll be locked up.

----------------
edit---

Or, what ^he said. :cool:

69centers
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
I thought I saw Pierce saying something to TA after a Magic score, but this isn't something new. It can happen every game with fierce defensive teams like the Celtics. Someone was jawing (I think Perk) at Big Baby from the bench in the Cleveland series, and Big Baby was screaming back "I know I (effed) up" and you could even hear it on TV. Nothing noteworthy or even media worthy as it's just their emotions coming out and wanting to win. It's not like they're taking it into the locker room and brawling afterwards.

Atticus Finch
05-18-2010, 09:43 AM
I heard the same thing on sportscenter last night. Didn't really make it seem like a big deal though.

ProPoster
I had to listen to the first 5 minutes of the game on the radio, but I remember hearing them say Rondo and Ray were jawing at each other.

69centers
Here's the linkL

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/05/18/defensive_rotation_comes_full_circle/

nbafan63
05-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Unsourced, unlinked rumors don't really fly here - we can only assume they're unfounded.

I'll check back on this in 30 minutes or so. If there's not a linked source to a credible news organization or journalist, it'll be locked up.

----------------
edit---

>>> Sorry, I just updated the post. Its also cited on hoopshype.com as well as hoopsworld.com

nbafan63
05-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I had to listen to the first 5 minutes of the game on the radio, but I remember hearing them say Rondo and Ray were jawing at each other.

I knew it!!! These 2 been hating each other during regular season all year. I originally posted i thought it was Ray and Rondo and the mod deleted it.

magichatnumber9
05-18-2010, 09:55 AM
It was because Ray didn't box out Jameer after the free throw miss were he got that put back. Rondo was pissed because all eyes are on Rondo when Jameer makes a big play. Ray was embarrassed but he wasn't going to let Rondo punk him out. Believe me these two are really good friends.

nbafan63
05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
It was because Ray didn't box out Jameer after the free throw miss were he got that put back. Rondo was pissed because all eyes are on Rondo when Jameer makes a big play. Ray was embarrassed but he wasn't going to let Rondo punk him out. Believe me these two are really good friends.

Ahhh...Thnx dude!!! I had a feeling it was these 2. There was a lot of talk during the regular season that Ray was upset that they gave the keys to rondo & signed him to that big contract which basically left him out with his contract situation. Ray probably felt rondo's emergence as a player put him in the back burner and probably out of Boston next year. I can't possibly belive they are really good friends.

BOSTON617
05-18-2010, 10:05 AM
they are hungry thre is always tension with a team that is playing has hard as them... somethings get frusterating i mean when i play ball i yell at my friends who igrew up with if they make a bad choice... some times its a fight sometimes its your right but never a grudge never a physical fight just kind of in the moment thing same thing with these guys intense ****

surf and turf
05-18-2010, 10:20 AM
It probably ended right after they won. Ray knew he was wrong. Rondo should know that. No big deal either way. Ray is playing amazing. He is going to the hole hard and often. Something that he is underated for.

AllTimeBest
05-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I knew that the Celtics would be more of a threat in the playoffs then they were in the regular season, but they are seriously becoming the favorites at this point to win a championship. They are so good and so deep

m26555
05-18-2010, 10:34 AM
I think this displays hunger more than anything.

The Final Boss
05-18-2010, 10:40 AM

----------------
edit---

There's no such thing.

DenButsu
05-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Here's the linkL

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/05/18/defensive_rotation_comes_full_circle/

Thank you. :cheers:

DenButsu
05-18-2010, 10:53 AM
There's no such thing.

Actually, I'd disagree with that very strongly.

td0tsfinest
05-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Must have been Scal

The Final Boss
05-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Actually, I'd disagree with that very strongly.

You do that. I am a journalist, so I'll take anything you ever write with a grain of salt. Especially in regard to journalism.

tr3ymill3r
05-18-2010, 11:19 AM
I would have to guess Big Baby and KG. I've already seen KG get on to him this post season and if I recall correctly I remember Big Baby crying a season or two ago after KG scolded him. It was last series against ATL when the camera crews had to pull away from Davis after he committed a foul and was yelling to the bench that he knew he F'd up. The Celts have a lot of fire power and they don't want mental mistakes to cost them what might be there last shot at a ring.

ProPoster
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM

No, i don't think that was it. I was listening to the beginning of the game when i heard this. The free throw miss was at the end of the game. It probably happened during the first 5 minutes of the 1st qtr.

magichatnumber9
05-18-2010, 11:43 AM
No, i don't think that was it. I was listening to the beginning of the game when i heard this. The free throw miss was at the end of the game. It probably happened during the first 5 minutes of the 1st qtr.
Are you sure because I could of sworn that was what it was. There not revealing very much. They prob shouldn't have covered the story if they were not going to reveal the names.

ProPoster
05-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty sure because I heard that part at the beginning of the game before i got home and caught the rest of the game on tv.

nbafan63
05-18-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm pretty sure because I heard that part at the beginning of the game before i got home and caught the rest of the game on tv.

It has to be Rondo and Allen. KG gets on teammates a lot but he is always spits out contructive criticism and he is the leader. Teammates understand how much KG wants out of them. On the other hand, Rondo has been opening his big mouth a lot this year. And I still do not believe deep down inside the big 3 needs to take criticism from a young pg in Rondo. So if Rondo called Ray out, I think Ray would react. If KG called Ray out, I doubt anything would go further than just that.

The report said Coach had to call a time out because both players were starring each other down. Can you imagine KG and Ray having a stare down? Can you imagine Peirce and KG or Peirce and Ray having stare downs and need a time out to sort it out? They might yell at each other but it wont go further than that. Rondo on the other hand is a different story.

RaiderLakersA's
05-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Nothing to see here.

Players have to hold each other accountable. Even on good teams. Most usually do it behind the scenes, but in the heat of battle, sometimes correction is warranted right then and there. This isn't the first time this has happened in the NBA and it won't be the last. It's a good thing.

Carey
05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
They police themselves, they push each other, it gets a little heated because they have some strong personalities on the team but i think its a good thing for them.

AntiG
05-18-2010, 12:34 PM
This is what makes Doc good. He's a below average schemer in general (the defensive credit mostly goes to Thibideux), but he has an uncanny knack for handling difficult personalities. All of the starters, Wallace, Baby and Tony Allen all are relatively difficult in one way or another - all 5 starters and Wallace are extremely competitive and extremely critical Alpha males that don't hold their tongue when they have something to say. Baby acts immature too often and also will snap with too much criticism from the older guys. Allen is mostly fine but tends to get himself into potentially dangerous beef with his mouth away from the team when he visits his hometown Chicago.

As we've all seen in the past, these personalities when managed correctly, are an unstoppable force. I don't really see a problem here. At least they are getting into spiffs over trying to fix problems and not out of personal beef.

Ray_R
05-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Theres nothing wrong with that. They probally fell deeply in love.

avrpatsfan
05-18-2010, 01:58 PM
This isn't a bad thing. It's keeping others accountable for mistakes which is what a championship team needs.

nbafan63
05-18-2010, 03:01 PM
This is what makes Doc good. He's a below average schemer in general (the defensive credit mostly goes to Thibideux), but he has an uncanny knack for handling difficult personalities. All of the starters, Wallace, Baby and Tony Allen all are relatively difficult in one way or another - all 5 starters and Wallace are extremely competitive and extremely critical Alpha males that don't hold their tongue when they have something to say. Baby acts immature too often and also will snap with too much criticism from the older guys. Allen is mostly fine but tends to get himself into potentially dangerous beef with his mouth away from the team when he visits his hometown Chicago.
As we've all seen in the past, these personalities when managed correctly, are an unstoppable force. I don't really see a problem here. At least they are getting into spiffs over trying to fix problems and not out of personal beef.

What happened in Chicago? Please do tell...
I love stuff like this, did ray get beat up or something that I didnt read about?

ProPoster
05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
I think he means Tony Allen.