PDA

View Full Version : Fatman gives Lou kiss of death

LeoGetz
05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Cubs GM says Piniella’s job is safe (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AgUrQ1yWfgjeS7bnhcvG2G85nYcB?slug=ap-cubs-piniella)

I’m absolutely, completely confident in Lou Piniella,” Hendry said before Monday night’s game against Colorado. “I have complete faith in the coaching staff, also. No intention of making any changes at all.

CUBDOM4life
05-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it seems to be taking JH a while to realize that this team would be better off without Lou, but Hendry will come around... One would think.

Sadly, Sandberg is next in line. Hello small ball!

Mell413
05-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah, it seems to be taking JH a while to realize that this team would be better off without Lou, but Hendry will come around... One would think.

Sadly, Sandberg is next in line. Hello small ball!

The Sandberg talk predates Ricketts so I don't understand why people think Sandberg is a lock.

Dmac
05-17-2010, 09:44 PM
The Sandberg talk predates Ricketts so I don't understand why people think Sandberg is a lock.

Supposedly Ricketts is a big Sandberg fan. Plus he is all about Cubs history, and it looks like he wants to do things he thinks fans would like. Sadly I think the odds of Sandberg being the next manager are pretty good.

Mell413
05-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Supposedly Ricketts is a big Sandberg fan. Plus he is all about Cubs history, and it looks like he wants to do things he thinks fans would like. Sadly I think the odds of Sandberg being the next manager are pretty good.

I'm not saying Sandberg won't be the manager, but it's far from a lock. Cubs fans like winning and I'd think Ricketts would hire the manager that would give us the best chance to win. I doubt he would hire Sandberg just for the sake of hiring him.

LaToyaHawkins
05-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Well, before we appoint Sandberg the next manager, I'd like to know who the GM will be. I gotta believe that Hendry is done if we finish with 70 wins. Who knows who Hendry's replacement will be and what vision he'll have.

Milnertime
05-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah, but he also has a lot of respect for the statistical side of the game, IMO.

He did spend time observing the Red Sox organization, after all.

Solid Snake
05-17-2010, 11:51 PM
I thought this was about Zambrano.

YankeeFan28
05-18-2010, 10:48 AM
While some have called for Lou Piniella's ouster, Cubs GM Jim Hendry says his manager is safe. "I'm completely confident in Lou Piniella," he said. "I've never given any thought to Lou not being the manager here this year. And I have compete faith in the coaching staff also, so no intention of making any changes at all." Piniella said he didn't mind speculation about his job status. "What do I care about speculation?" he said. "I've been doing this 23 1/2 years and I'm going to be worried about speculation? I don't think so. No, it doesn't bother me a bit. People can speculate all they want. The people that matter are the people I work for."http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/jim-hendry-lou-piniellas-job-is-safe.html

Ron!n
05-18-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/jim-hendry-lou-piniellas-job-is-safe.html
Your admin powers should be stripped.

Yagyu+
05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/jim-hendry-lou-piniellas-job-is-safe.html

Leave the thread/1979 World Series IGT creation to the pros.

Amateur.

behindmydesk
05-18-2010, 11:36 AM
to be fair, how was YF28 supposed to know with this shoddy title that it was the same thing.

Yagyu+
05-18-2010, 11:40 AM
to be fair, how was YF28 supposed to know with this shoddy title that it was the same thing.

He deleted The New Colossus!

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

...after I said it was in bronze outside PNC.