PDA

View Full Version : The ghost

ULT WARRIOR408
05-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Whats next for Kelly Pavlik?From what I understand he'll be a 160 pounder no more.So what do you guys think is in his future?I think he should stay in between 168 & 175 & just fight fights in both of those weightclasses.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-17-2010, 07:59 PM
I really don't know about KP anymore...

He faught a hyped up-overrated jermaine taylor, so at that time considered two big wins... but then bit off more then he can chew with Bhop and Sergio, in a way it's startin to remind me of fernando vargas.

AddiX
05-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I said this a long time ago and I'll say again, he should only be fighting brawlers. They fought Hopkins for the PPV $, and it was a terrible mistake.

He needs to fight guys who are in front of him. And that's all he should be fighter. Put him in entertaining fights, just not top caliber boxers.

2009mvp
05-19-2010, 10:03 AM
HBO apparently wants Pavlik/Bute bad, which to me means they simply want a big-name on Bute's resume so he's one of the hotter commodities in the sport once opponents start falling out of the Super 6. On paper that actually seems like a relatively entertaining fight though, and would probably be a nice little payday for Pavlik if he's willing to come to Montreal to do it.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Addix makes a great point.He just might be better off fighting browlers.He's a flat-footed,one handed,power puncher so he could only win via KO b/c of his power.But at the same time I would love to see him in a bout with Bute.It's gonna be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Bravo95
05-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I think he's just about done, honestly, but if he and HBO want to go that route (vs Bute) to help another rising star get some exposure, fine by me. Won't be the first time, definitely not the last.

jetsforever
05-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I cant believe how much he fell. After he beat Jermaine (who I always said was ****) I thought he was going to be legit. Then Hopkins dominated him. I dont know if he will ever be a great fighter and I dont really know who he fights. I hope if the situation that MVP mentioned is true it works out well for Bute. I like him. Hes kind of a Canadian :p

ULT WARRIOR408
06-10-2010, 12:19 AM
:box:^I would root for Pavlik if they fought b/c I can't stand your adopted Canadian boy(Bute)he's overrated imo.With that being said Bute would more than likely win b/c he'd be the busier fighter & the people in Montreal will make sure he wins case in point Bute's first fight with Andrade.:nod:

2009mvp
06-10-2010, 01:53 AM
:box:^I would root for Pavlik if they fought b/c I can't stand your adopted Canadian boy(Bute)he's overrated imo.With that being said Bute would more than likely win b/c he'd be the busier fighter & the people in Montreal will make sure he wins case in point Bute's first fight with Andrade.:nod:

You mean the fight he wiped the floor with Andrade for the first 11 rounds? Yeah he got caught but his job is to beat the ref's count and he did that. Just like Douglas did against Tyson. Just like countless other fights, the count goes long the onus is on the ref, not the fighter. It helps that he dropped Andrade in the rematch as well.

I somewhat agree he's overrated simply because his resume isn't all that impressive, but he's looked fantastic against Andrade, especially the second fight and again against a rock-solid gatekeeper in Miranda. I'm not sure how he handles the speed of a guy like Dirrell or even Ward who's a touch slower IMO, but he's gotta be right there in the discussion at 168.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-10-2010, 02:06 AM
^That was a slowass count & him faster than Ward I dunno bruh well lets say he is he's still not in the class with Ward or any of the other super 6 tourney guys.He's done good against the good 2nd tier fighters like Bika,Miranda,Adrade,etc but I think he's a glorified B lister but at the same time he has good skills & hand speed.

2009mvp
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
^That was a slowass count & him faster than Ward I dunno bruh well lets say he is he's still not in the class with Ward or any of the other super 6 tourney guys.He's done good against the good 2nd tier fighters like Bika,Miranda,Adrade,etc but I think he's a glorified B lister but at the same time he has good skills & hand speed.

Whoa no, I meant Dirrell is a bit faster than Ward. Bute's not really in the conversation with either of those guys w.r.t. pure speed.