PDA

View Full Version : Sign-and-Trade

fadedmario
05-17-2010, 04:46 PM
While many fans thought that the big name free-agents would just sign with a team that had cap-room. Reports in the last few days have Lebron and Bosh exploring sign-and-trade deals also. Do you think any of the big-name free-agents (Lebron, Wade, Bosh, J. Johnson, Stoudemire, Boozer) end up working a sign-and trade with a team? That opens the door for pretty much every team in the league.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I bet 1 of them does a S & T, a few resign, and very few outright sign with another team, of those 6 guys you have listed above at least.

L@ker4Life
Lakers...Bynum and Odom for LBJ23!!

NYK_kidd77
I can see some guys doing s&t like Bosh maybe JJ.

bctgg27
05-17-2010, 05:01 PM
I can see Bosh and the Raptors doing a sign and trade involving the Thunder.

abe_froman
05-17-2010, 05:02 PM
forgot to add gay,grizz said that they'll be doing a s+t

clutchski
05-17-2010, 05:03 PM
It's pretty much a guarantee Bosh will be part of a S&T

defender4m
05-17-2010, 05:04 PM

i would like the nets to try to go for gay

bedelato2
05-17-2010, 05:04 PM
HAHAHA LBJ not going to LA selfish Kobe wont allow someone to take the spotlight form him

SB75
05-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Of the 6 you named, if and when any of them move it will go the S&T rout. I don't think any of them will leave money on the table, In fact none of the big names have since Shaq back in the day, when he left Orl.

Horford and Williams for LBJ.

aperichak
05-17-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't think the Cavs are exploring a sign and trade and its not even a last resort for them. It seems like the feeling around here is that the front office is confident they can and will resign LeBron. He has the best chance to win here. And who says the Cavs cant explore a sign and trade for Bosh? They have expiring contracts in West and Jamison, can use Shaq or Z in a sign a trade, and have a young developing player in Hickson. Im not saying that the Cavs will land a Bosh, but they can maneuver around to get better. Jeff Van Gundy said it best, the Bulls will STILL NOT be a top team if they land LeBron. Yes they have Rose and Noah, but really they don't have a whole lot else. And after breaking the bank for LeBron they have no room to get any other help. New York can sign 2 top guys, but again they'll have no room to improve and theyre in worse shape than Chicago and even with those 2 they wont be a top team for 3-4 years. New Jersey is still the wild card here I think. As for Miami, Wade and LeBron cant coexist. Yes they did at the Olympics, but thats international play, not NBA.

Socceroholic
05-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I really hope Toronto can work a sign and trade. They seriously need to shore up their center situation with a big body presence to rebound and play DEFENSE. A defensive slasher would also be good haha.

Either way, REALLY excited to see how this all ends!

NYK_kidd77
05-17-2010, 05:08 PM
^ any team with Lebron on it will be considered contenders imo.

fadedmario
05-17-2010, 05:09 PM

That's who I wish the Pistons try for. Trade the draft pick, Hamilton, Maxiell.

superkegger
05-17-2010, 05:11 PM
I would be absoluely shocked if any of the big name FA's does a S&T. Absolutely shocked. It simply will not happen. S&T's are not common except among bored sports writers who have to write columns.

Kyle916
05-17-2010, 05:13 PM

I wonder if Geoff Petrie will explore that avenue.

abe_froman
05-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I really hope Toronto can work a sign and trade. They seriously need to shore up their center situation with a big body presence to rebound and play DEFENSE. A defensive slasher would also be good haha.

Either way, REALLY excited to see how this all ends!

lu deng and omer asik?(i know bulls,but both fit the bill of the type of players you described)

aperichak
05-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Contenders for the playoffs,yes, for the Championship, Id have to say not at least for a few years. It takes more than one offseason to build a winner for the most part. And I just can't see Chicago, New York, New Jersey, or Miami contending for a title next year with LeBron. Chicago will have to trade a few pieces to get another good player. IMO, Hienrich and Deng will have to be traded in order for the Bulls to improve this offseason and next.

JordansBulls
05-17-2010, 05:29 PM
There is no way a guy like Lebron or Wade will accept a S/T. They don't want to hamper the team they are going to.

aperichak
05-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Plus I doubt LeBron wants his last image as a Cavalier on his home floor being what happened in Game 5. His ego is too huge for that.

hugepatsfan
05-17-2010, 05:44 PM
HAHAHA LBJ not going to LA selfish Kobe wont allow someone to take the spotlight form him

You mean selfish Lebron wouldn't go somewhere where he wouldn't be the #1 option. ;)

Niro
05-17-2010, 05:44 PM
ellis + maggette+ the next 50 first round picks for lebron

king4day
05-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Richardson, Dudley, Barbosa and Picks for Lebron or Wade :)

ryder78c
05-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Wade Lebron in miami would be crazy miami has a good team around wade right now but with Lebron and we know shaq would follow to mia for MLE that team would easily takeover the east

Anthony/possibly SHAQ
Haslem
James/Beasley
Wade
Chalmers/Arroyo

tdunk21
05-17-2010, 06:54 PM

lebron and kobe can exist together on a team..am sure about that....and moreover who will be the starting center for the lakers...mbenga???

tdunk21
05-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Richardson, Dudley, Barbosa and Picks for Lebron or Wade :)

teams would want atleast a star type player when they are parting with their superstar.....

Kakaroach
05-17-2010, 06:59 PM
There is no way a guy like Lebron or Wade will accept a S/T. They don't want to hamper the team they are going to. I see what your saying, but don't you think they also want that extra 30million?

Anyway I hope the Jazz can S&T Boozer and at least get something for him.

12loser12
05-17-2010, 07:04 PM
I don't think the Cavs are exploring a sign and trade and its not even a last resort for them. It seems like the feeling around here is that the front office is confident they can and will resign LeBron. He has the best chance to win here. And who says the Cavs cant explore a sign and trade for Bosh? They have expiring contracts in West and Jamison, can use Shaq or Z in a sign a trade, and have a young developing player in Hickson. Im not saying that the Cavs will land a Bosh, but they can maneuver around to get better. Jeff Van Gundy said it best, the Bulls will STILL NOT be a top team if they land LeBron. Yes they have Rose and Noah, but really they don't have a whole lot else. And after breaking the bank for LeBron they have no room to get any other help. New York can sign 2 top guys, but again they'll have no room to improve and theyre in worse shape than Chicago and even with those 2 they wont be a top team for 3-4 years. New Jersey is still the wild card here I think. As for Miami, Wade and LeBron cant coexist. Yes they did at the Olympics, but thats international play, not NBA.

He hasn't won anything the last 2 years and the Cavs are getting older and worse. Rose and Noah are better than anyone on the Cavs not named lebron and a lot of people would rather have Deng than the above. This years bulls team is a lot more solid than this years Cavs team minus lebron

12loser12
05-17-2010, 07:07 PM
There is no way a guy like Lebron or Wade will accept a S/T. They don't want to hamper the team they are going to.

It might not hamper it. For instance, if your Bulls were to use Deng in the S&T for Lebron or Wade, they could use the cap room for a 4. Short term it might hamper them, but Deng plays a similar position and the extra cap might actually improve the team

saucy1
05-17-2010, 07:07 PM
monta ellis,anthony randolph,and change

12loser12
05-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Contenders for the playoffs,yes, for the Championship, Id have to say not at least for a few years. It takes more than one offseason to build a winner for the most part. And I just can't see Chicago, New York, New Jersey, or Miami contending for a title next year with LeBron. Chicago will have to trade a few pieces to get another good player. IMO, Hienrich and Deng will have to be traded in order for the Bulls to improve this offseason and next.

Boston became a championship team in one offseason and they were in a worse spot than Miami or Chicago the year before. Proof that two superstars added to a team can win a title the first year

tdunk21
05-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Boston became a championship team in one offseason and they were in a worse spot than Miami or Chicago the year before. Proof that two superstars added to a team can win a title the first year

r u sayin that rose, noah and lebron teamed up together can be a championship team?? nah....i dont think so....very little experience between the 3 of them and i think this year's playoffs have proved that regular season is BS and all that matters is the playoffs..

12loser12
05-17-2010, 07:20 PM
r u sayin that rose, noah and lebron teamed up together can be a championship team?? nah....i dont think so....very little experience between the 3 of them and i think this year's playoffs have proved that regular season is BS and all that matters is the playoffs..

Say they flipped Deng for Bosh in a S&T. Rose Hinrich Lebron Bosh and Noah could easily compete for a championship. Even if you take out Bosh and add someone like David Lee it's a contender. I personally thought Lebron's supporting cast was garbage this year and they won the east with him. I think if he goes to any team with another big FA (Wade, Bosh, Amare) they will be contenders for a championship. Lakers, boston, and spurs are getting older, other teams are losing key pieces (cavs, possibly suns). Teams making a splash this year have a great shot next year

ryder78c
05-17-2010, 07:22 PM
I see what your saying, but don't you think they also want that extra 30million?

Anyway I hope the Jazz can S&T Boozer and at least get something for him.

Id give the jazz joel przybilla & webster & bayless for boozer but idont know how the contracts would matchup

12loser12
05-17-2010, 07:23 PM
i think this year's playoffs have proved that regular season is BS and all that matters is the playoffs..

Cavs were one of the most experienced play off teams in the east, having made the finals 2 years ago and ECF last year. Also, the spurs :rolleyes: That same celts team had very little deep playoff experience when they won it year 1.

tdunk21
05-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Id give the jazz joel przybilla & Rudy And webster for boozer

boozer and aldridge on a team would be stupid....coz boozer and aldridge cant play center....and they are PF's

McPeak92
05-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I think there is a good chance Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay get S&T. I could also see LeBron, Wade or Bosh going for a S&T because they would make more money that way.

SouljahPhil...
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
I think there is a good chance Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay get S&T. I could also see LeBron, Wade or Bosh going for a S&T because they would make more money that way.

wrong man...They will sign for the same amount but 1 yr less... the team of the FA would have 1 yr more to sign him..

aperichak
05-17-2010, 08:17 PM
People truly overlook how much LeBron loves the Cleveland-Akron area. This is his home.....a place he won't be able to come back to if he leaves with a sour taste in his mouth and poor performance in his last home game as a Cavalier. He'll say it wouldn't bother him, but deep down, those types of things can affect a player. I believe LeBron is also a man of his word. He's never stated he was staying nor has he stated he was leaving. But he did promise multiple times that he wants to win at least one championship with the Cavs. It would of been different had the Cavs won a championship this year. He will be public enemy 1a just very slightly behind Art Modell. That's not the type of company youd want to be in not matter if he says he cares or not. My best bet....he signs a 3 year deal with options in years 4 and 5.

Big Quett
05-17-2010, 08:45 PM
i would like the nets to try to go for gay

Would u guys trade T Will for Rudy?

That's who I wish the Pistons try for. Trade the draft pick, Hamilton, Maxiell.

And nobody wants Rip nomo contract is not good. And dont you guys have like 4 SF's anyway?

dtmagnet
05-17-2010, 09:31 PM
wrong man...They will sign for the same amount but 1 yr less... the team of the FA would have 1 yr more to sign him..

Wrong, they get a higher pay increase year to year as well.

sp1derm00
05-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Artest and Bynum for Lebron?!

Hawkeye15
05-17-2010, 09:49 PM
this isnt new. I would guess a couple of the big FA's are dealt in a sign and trade. Houston will go after Bosh for example imo

97NYer
05-17-2010, 09:52 PM
I'll do Eddy Curry/Chandler for Amare.
Or S&T Lee for a PG (Devin Harris) or C(Bynum)

ryder78c
05-17-2010, 09:57 PM
if the bulls could get Lebron and pull off a sign and trade for Bosh sign and trade Hinrich & deng they would easily have the best team in the league but i dont know how possible it is and if the cap space would work but a team of(below) i think they could easily sign 2 vet players to MLE like Shaq and possibly Ray Allen

Noah
Bosh
Lebron
(Shooting guard)
Rose

fishfan79
05-17-2010, 10:32 PM
beasley cook, jones and some picks for bosh

ryder78c
05-17-2010, 10:53 PM
boozer and aldridge on a team would be stupid....coz boozer and aldridge cant play center....and they are PF's

You Must Not realize Camby And ODEN are the centers

who cares if there both PF's what are you getting at?

that really made no sense

Lebron and Mo williams arnt centers either

DR. Pepper
05-17-2010, 11:02 PM
i think ruday gay should go to the blazers.. Roy Gay and Aldridge would be pretty nasty big 3

ryder78c
05-17-2010, 11:07 PM
i think ruday gay should go to the blazers.. Roy Gay and Aldridge would be pretty nasty big 3

We got Batum

tdunk21
05-17-2010, 11:09 PM

i never said they are....wtf r u talkin about....ur argument makes no sense.....lebron is SF(small forward) and mo is PG(point guard)....lmao

IndiansFan337
05-17-2010, 11:29 PM
While many fans thought that the big name free-agents would just sign with a team that had cap-room. Reports in the last few days have Lebron and Bosh exploring sign-and-trade deals also. Do you think any of the big-name free-agents (Lebron, Wade, Bosh, J. Johnson, Stoudemire, Boozer) end up working a sign-and trade with a team? That opens the door for pretty much every team in the league.

Yes. No big name max F/A has departed without a S&T except for Shaq. Those guys want the biggest contract. And the current team can offer them that (whether it is by retaining them or S&T).

mrblisterdundee
05-18-2010, 01:55 AM
With LeBron's call to Rose, Chicago looks like a good bet. They could sign him outright, or work a sign-and-trade involving Luol Deng. If they sign LeBron outright, Deng would be a nice sixth man. Taj Gibson would play power forward and Kurk Hinrich would have it easier as part of the starting line-up, instead of the leader of the second unit.

mrblisterdundee
05-18-2010, 02:01 AM
A sign-and-trade between Portland and Toronto is also possible. Chris Bosh wants out of Canada. Since Toronto is most likely scared of losing Bosh for nothing, they could be more amicable to a trade involving LaMarcus Aldridge, Martell Webster, and other money fillers.

LA_Raiders
05-18-2010, 02:15 AM
Bynum & Luke for Bosh

mrblisterdundee
05-18-2010, 02:42 AM
Bynum & Luke for Bosh

That is the sanest sign-and-trade I've encountered. The contracts match decently.
Toronto doesn't want to lose Bosh for nothing. Bynum gives Toronto a defensive face and a similar set-up as Orlando. Bargnani moves down to power forward, a position he'll play better at.
Los Angeles gets Bosh, which is automatically a successful trade. He and Pau will form the best front court in the NBA. With those two, Kobe can average 15 points per game and the Lakers will still win championships. He'll become more and more of a point guard as he gets older, but still be there to hit the gamer winner.

ryder78c
05-18-2010, 03:08 AM
i never said they are....wtf r u talkin about....ur argument makes no sense.....lebron is SF(small forward) and mo is PG(point guard)....lmao

thats the point
thats the point i was makin what you said made no sense when you said boozer and lamarcus are PF who cant play center, why do you think i put that

juggla53
05-18-2010, 03:27 AM

Chicago was a playoff team this past season without lebron, and thats a lot more then you could say about cleveland if they didnt have him. Does anybody really see a team built around mo williams and antwan jamison as a playoff team? because i sure as hell dont. Eccpecially considering shaq is most likley gone and Big Z is starting to get up there in age.

bolts4ever
05-18-2010, 04:12 AM
I believe that another big name will be coming to the LAKERS in a SIGN an TRADE. LEBRON or BOSH one of them is headed to LA.

Really think about it the CAVS and the Raptors have to do a sign and trade brcause if they dont they will be left with nothing.

and the Lakers have the #1 chip on the trade market Center ANDREW BYNUM(management tires of his constant injuries even thought were winning). I guarantee theres not a more valuable player any other team could offer.

I'd say

Andrew Bynum+ walton= Bosh

but dont discount

Bynum+Artest= Lebron

Fireworld
05-18-2010, 04:41 AM

Don't be a trader brotha. We don't need someone who can't deliver in the playoffs. James will never win a title.

_Supreme_
05-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Miami will probably aquire one of the big names in a S&T, which at the same time opens up the last bit of cap space needed to aquire a third max free agent.

Miami happy, free agent (who gets more money) happy, team losing the free agent happy, everybody happy.

Big Quett
05-18-2010, 07:36 AM

The point is how are you going to pay to pf's 11 to 13 mil a year? One of them has to start. If it is LA. So your back-up pf is going to make 13 mil? Prz , Greg, Camby and LA make about 34 mil. And then pay Booz 13 mil?. That is 47 mil of a 53 mil salary cap on center's and pfs? Just doesnt make sense to pay a back-up that much.

JoeSchroeduh
05-18-2010, 08:01 AM
I believe that another big name will be coming to the LAKERS in a SIGN an TRADE. LEBRON or BOSH one of them is headed to LA.

Really think about it the CAVS and the Raptors have to do a sign and trade brcause if they dont they will be left with nothing.

and the Lakers have the #1 chip on the trade market Center ANDREW BYNUM(management tires of his constant injuries even thought were winning). I guarantee theres not a more valuable player any other team could offer.

I'd say

but dont discount

Bynum+Artest= Lebron

Sick of his constant injuries, and looking to trade him...

So does the rest of the league not see the injuries? Is that why he's the MOST VALUABLE PIECE in your eyes?

Big Quett
05-18-2010, 08:39 AM

I'd say

but dont discount

Bynum+Artest= Lebron

HOW IN THE HELL IS BYNUM THE #1 TRADE CHIP IN THE LEAGUE WHEN HE CANT EVEN PLAY 1 HEALTHY SEASON? Bynum is starting to be as overrated as Greg Oden. Lakers fans are just as delusional as Knicks fans.

JordansBulls
05-18-2010, 08:44 AM
I would be absoluely shocked if any of the big name FA's does a S&T. Absolutely shocked. It simply will not happen. S&T's are not common except among bored sports writers who have to write columns.

Exactly!! Also these big time FA do not want to take away from the talent on the team they are going to.

SouljahPhil...
05-18-2010, 09:07 AM

So does the rest of the league not see the injuries? Is that why he's the MOST VALUABLE PIECE in your eyes?

he's better than most players that I heard that could be offered in a sign and trade..

SouljahPhil...
05-18-2010, 09:08 AM
HOW IN THE HELL IS BYNUM THE #1 TRADE CHIP IN THE LEAGUE WHEN HE CANT EVEN PLAY 1 HEALTHY SEASON? Bynum is starting to be as overrated as Greg Oden. Lakers fans are just as delusional as Knicks fans.

not no 1 for me but one of the nice trade chip available in a S&T..

And pls don't compare oden to bynum..let him first play at least 20 games...

bolts4ever
05-18-2010, 09:16 AM

No he's the best trade chip on the market because he's 22 yrs old 7'1ft tall plays Center and could give any team without Kobe and Pau Gasol on it 20pts and 10rebs 2blks. He's just allways seems to have some kind of legitimate injury

And I challenge you to find 2 REALISTIC players you think you can get in a Sign an Trade better than BYNUM and ARTEST.

icon1914
05-18-2010, 09:24 AM
It might not hamper it. For instance, if your Bulls were to use Deng in the S&T for Lebron or Wade, they could use the cap room for a 4. Short term it might hamper them, but Deng plays a similar position and the extra cap might actually improve the team

Why would The Cavs take on Deng's horrible contract just to give a Division rival the option to add another max player alongside LeBron?

Deng is not terrible, but his contract is and if the Cavs lose Lebron I'm sure they don't want to tie up cap room with Deng.

icon1914
05-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Say they flipped Deng for Bosh in a S&T. Rose Hinrich Lebron Bosh and Noah could easily compete for a championship. Even if you take out Bosh and add someone like David Lee it's a contender. I personally thought Lebron's supporting cast was garbage this year and they won the east with him. I think if he goes to any team with another big FA (Wade, Bosh, Amare) they will be contenders for a championship. Lakers, boston, and spurs are getting older, other teams are losing key pieces (cavs, possibly suns). Teams making a splash this year have a great shot next year

One more thing about the s/t Deng option.... I doubt any team that will be in rebuild mode would take on his contract.... Teams like Toronto and the Cavs would most likely be looking to pick put the pieces if they lost James or Bosh, no need in getting weighed down with a bad contract.... But a team like the jazz might bite.... They would still try to compete after losing Boozer, and maybe even the Suns... I would say the hawks, but they are much set at the 3 spot.

Point is moving Deng in a sign and trade is possible, but it depends on what a team is trying to do.... Any team looking to rebuild will most likely stay clear of Deng since he is not a franchise player, but is paid like one.

Amaradio15
05-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Pistons give up Hamilton, Prince, and 5 first round picks starting next year

PG: Stuckey
SG: Gordon
SF: James
PF: Villenueva
C: Wallace

Big Quett
05-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Pistons give up Hamilton, Prince, and 5 first round picks starting next year

PG: Stuckey
SG: Gordon
SF: James
PF: Villenueva
C: Wallace

For James i would rather be a Cav

kobe4life1
05-18-2010, 10:09 AM

why wouldnt they do a sign n trade?? then the players get an extra 30 mill, and then the teams that they leave even get something in return!!!!

Lo Porto
05-18-2010, 10:36 AM
3 big factors go into a sign and trade:

1. The S&T team has to be willing to trade their asset - Example - the Cavs won't trade LeBron because the fans would rather him just leave and he be the culprit than the Cavs FO being the culprit by trading LBJ. Same with Wade.

2. The player has to be worth his Bird Rights if he's being traded to a team with cap space. If Booz and Johnson aren't max $ or years players, then teams with cap don't need to worry about a S&T because they won't pay them that much for that long. To me, only LBJ, Wade and maybe Bosh are worth max this summer.

3. The player has to sign off to go to his future team. Bosh is the best candidate for a S&T, but that's not going to happen to OKC or NJ even if they have the money because he's said he doesn't want to go there.

So Bosh looks like the only player that might be worth the max that his current team would be willing to trade. He's interested in NY and Miami so he could be the only option. I doubt Toronto gets anything more back than a huge trade exception, a future protected pick or maybe even Michael Beasley, but that's better than nothing. Booz and JJ might get S&T, but that would only be if a team over the cap wants them and they want to go there. But more likely, JJ and Booz go to Miami with Atlanta and Utah getting nothing in return.

The Final Boss
05-18-2010, 10:43 AM

How can you take the spotlight from the best player this league has seen since Magic?

BTW the only way Lebron could ever win a ring is by playing with Kobe.

tdunk21
05-18-2010, 10:58 AM
How can you take the spotlight from the best player this league has seen since Magic?

BTW the only way Lebron could ever win a ring is by playing with Kobe.

oops....someone forgot or this guy doesnt know about micheal jordan(he played for the bulls btw and has 6rings) :facepalm: ......clown

MELO 15
05-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I could see the raptors going 4 this trade

Nene and Jr smith 4 Chris bosh in a sign and trade. It's probably close to what the raptors are looking 4. Put Nene in the east and watch him flourish, not to mention, he is 1 of the top 5 centers in the game. Jr needs a change of scenery,and an opportunity 2 start, we all know that the talent is there. Last but not least, the raptors send him to the west, where they don't have 2 worry about bosh haunting but twice all year. I think the Nuggets have a realistic chance of landing bosh

spoonhoops
05-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Boozer to Miami for Beasley and a 2nd round pick. The Jazz then trade away Beasley to the highest bidder.

JoeSchroeduh
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
1. The S&T team has to be willing to trade their asset - Example - the Cavs won't trade LeBron because the fans would rather him just leave and he be the culprit than the Cavs FO being the culprit by trading LBJ. Same with Wade.

If he is leaving anyway, then the Cavs FO would look like heroes for at least getting something in return. I highly doubt the fans would look at it the way you are.

Also, in a S&T I'm sure it is the player choosing the team... they are afterall a free agent, the Cavs don't have the option to force him to sign and then send him somewhere... he wants to go somewhere that doesn't have space so he pitches a S&T to the Cavs, it works out for both parties.

Lo Porto
05-18-2010, 11:37 AM
If he is leaving anyway, then the Cavs FO would look like heroes for at least getting something in return. I highly doubt the fans would look at it the way you are.

Also, in a S&T I'm sure it is the player choosing the team... they are afterall a free agent, the Cavs don't have the option to force him to sign and then send him somewhere... he wants to go somewhere that doesn't have space so he pitches a S&T to the Cavs, it works out for both parties.

I think the Cavs are in a situation to where you watch LeBron leave and not facilitate it. If LeBron goes, he's going to a team that already has the space to sign him (Chicago, NY, NJ, or Miami). Those teams aren't going to give much if they don't have to. Cleveland has to put LeBron in a situation that if he wants to leave, he has to take a pay cut to do it. That's the only leverage they have left other than it's his hometown.

Tony_Starks
05-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Well Bosh is the only one that I can definitely see doing it. He made a comment earlier this year that whatever happens he's going to "work with management" this summer so that pretty much says it all right there.

I think he's down to work with them since they didn't panic and just ship him anywhere at the deadline just to save face.....

JOSKOMANG4
05-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Out of the big free agents, I can see Chris Bosh being the person doing the Sign & Trade to land in, guess where!!! HOuston Baby!!

Houston would trade PF/SF J.Jefferies, SF/SG S.Battier, PF L.Scola, and 2 future 1st rd picks(1 of which from the knicks) in exchanged for PF Chris Bosh.

Rockets Lineup:

C) Yao(player option)/D.Anderson
PF) Bosh/J.Hill/C.Hayes
SF) T.Ariza/C.Budinger
SG) K.martin/J.Taylor
PG) A.Brooks/K.Lowry

On Paper.. Def a nice looking squad.

Raptors Outlook:

C) L.Scola
PF) A.Bargnani/ R.Evans
SF) Hedu Turk/J.Jefferies
SG) D.Derozen/S.Weems/M.Bellinelli
PG) J.Calderon/J.Jack/M.Banks

the_jon
05-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Bosh to NJ for John Wall. :D

Kobe2324
05-18-2010, 11:58 AM
bosh will sign and trade or just sign with miami, Wade isn't going anywhere, LBJ will sign with the bulls, Joe Johnson will sign somewhere else but I dont think it will be for a contender and stoudemire will stay with pheonix since they have had a great season. Boozer will join miami with wade and possibly bosh. Should be a fun summer!

uprightciti
05-18-2010, 12:07 PM
sign and trade bosh + pick for lee + curry :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lo Porto
05-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Boozer to Miami for Beasley and a 2nd round pick. The Jazz then trade away Beasley to the highest bidder.

I'd absolutely love this deal. Wade is done waiting on Beasley to mature, and Miami would be better with Booz than Beas anyway. Miami could then turn and sign Joe Johnson and still have money left to add another player.

Utah would definitely deal Beasley. He's not a fit at all in Utah with Sloan. Seems like Beasley would be a good fit in GS, and Utah could definitely use a guy like Biedrins or Turiaf or even both.