PDA

View Full Version : Rondo!!!

JayW_1023
05-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Since my Spurs are knocked out, I'm enjoying the non-pressure of watching basketball as a neutral spectator. And I sort of realized how much I love Rondo's game for the following reasons.

- He plays mature for his age. This kid goes out and just plays...he doesn't pad any stats, but concentrates on making the right play at the right time. It's refreshing to see a player being able to dominate without having to score big numbers.

- The kid is flashy. Yet he isn't flashy in the sense that he forces it, but it all comes in the flow of the game. Example: in game 1 he got a pass from Allen around the arc that wasn't spot on. He had to chase that ball down, and while doing that he noticed Pierce in the corner. In one swift motion he delivered a behind the back pass and Pierce was money. Rondo is one of the craftiest players in the league.

- He plays defense. It was great how he was able the slip past the screener and still troubled Jameer Nelson with his long wingspan. He is also very aware of the team defense as a whole and not just concerned with his guy. He anticipates screeners before they step out.

- He still made some mistakes, and his shooting is still off. But he can only improve there. When he does he'll be the best pure PG in this league.

Yes. I am a Rondo fan.

COBY KARL
05-17-2010, 05:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/rajonrondovideos?blend=1&ob=4

fredv
05-17-2010, 05:07 AM
I like his game, too bad he's a douche.

TheWatcher34
05-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Rondo makes 3 future HOF's look like role players. :D

69centers
05-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Amazing that he used to be on the receiving end of a lot of alley oops at Kentucky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmU2695Dac

Let's not forget last year's playoffs vs. the Magic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY1nIFbs6NY

Unruly Fan
05-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Rondo makes 3 future HOF's look like role players. :DWhich future HOF's are those?

Havoc Wreaker
05-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Which future HOF's are those?
:pity:

mikantsass
05-17-2010, 10:02 AM
We've been trying to tell you guys all year that Rondo is sick.

Sly Guy
05-17-2010, 10:03 AM

this.
I hate him, but he's good.
Still needs to learn to make an open look, and range from 3 might help too.

GSW Hoops
05-17-2010, 10:09 AM

That's about 80 percent of the players in the NBA :)

bigsams50
05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
kid is a beast

KnicksorBust
05-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Last year watching him in the Chicago vs. Boston epic series, I remember thinking how awesome he was for 3 quarters... and then he'd disappear in the 4th. This was a consistent thing. Amazing in the first quarter. Outstanding in the second. Phenomenal in the third. Houdini act in the fourth. Now please don't go throwing statistics at me. I know about the triple doubles. I also watched everyone of those games. I'm just saying that I was very hesitant to get on the Rondo bandwagon. I don't like players that crumble or disappear in the big moments. However, after watching him this year, and seeing him take that big step forward and consistently impact the game on both ends of the floor for all four quarters... I can't deny it anymore. He's a legit player and among the elite PGs now.

ackar
05-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Just like i said this time last year i love Rondo's game.

tp13baby
05-17-2010, 10:42 AM
this.
I hate him, but he's good.
Still needs to learn to make an open look, and range from 3 might help too.

and still he is a top 5 point guard.

GSW Hoops
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Rondo's flair and quickness remind me of Steve Nash when he was winning MVPs. I'm not saying Rondo is anywhere near Nash, but his style of play is similar.

Raoul Duke
05-17-2010, 12:53 PM

I dunno man. I love that about him.

I too have been enjoying being able to watch the playoffs without any real emotional investment and just appreciate some good performances, and Rondo has really won me over. I love what a smarmy little bastard he is and how he's always talking mad ****. And I love his killer instinct. He takes pleasure in embarassing the opposition.

sep11ie
05-17-2010, 01:02 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Sly Guy
05-17-2010, 01:04 PM
and still he is a top 5 point guard.

that's debatable, and although I have not given it much thought, I can still think of at least 3-4 pgs I'd take over him off the top of my head. Taking nothing away from the guy, cuz he's more than solid.

tredigs
05-17-2010, 01:11 PM

I too have been enjoying being able to watch the playoffs without any real emotional investment and just appreciate some good performances, and Rondo has really won me over. I love what a smarmy little bastard he is and how he's always talking mad ****. And I love his killer instinct. He takes pleasure in embarassing the opposition.

Exactly. Which is just another reason why The Green Goblin is a perfect nickname for him... even if I'm the only one who uses it. Rondo/Celts = the villains. Dwight/Magic = the heroes. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

Rondo's insanely talented, and if he can develop a consistent outside jumper soon, then the rest of the leagues PG's should be put on suicide watch.

edit.
that's debatable, and although I have not given it much thought, I can still think of at least 3-4 pgs I'd take over him off the top of my head. Taking nothing away from the guy, cuz he's more than solid.

I can think of two in Deron and Paul, but Nash is debatable for me at this point being that Rondo is so far ahead of him defensively, and is still hugely productive on O - save for a 3 game. It's a lot closer debate than most give it credit for. Besides that, there's nobody better right now.

Vincent
05-17-2010, 01:28 PM
As a Chicago fan,

I definitely have to say I'm a closet Rondo fan.

I really appreciate when he plays against anyother team outside the Bulls.

He's the type you would love to hate, but can't because you know you'd absolutely love the dude on your team.

Raoul Duke
05-17-2010, 01:30 PM
The Green Goblin is a perfect nickname for him... even if I'm the only one who uses it.

Yeah that is a perfect nickname for him. I'ma start calling him that.

Jaji
05-17-2010, 01:43 PM
....is a beast. But that's old news.

dtmagnet
05-17-2010, 04:22 PM
He does look like a goblin come to think of it. But yes I agree he really is a terrific point guard.

P-Willie M.V.P.
05-17-2010, 04:35 PM

Me too. although I haven't really seen/ heard him talk any mad **** lately but whatever :shrug:

boolish
05-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I love Rondo. He plays the game the right way. He is a pleasure to watch in this day and age of "anointed ones".

CowboysKB24
05-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Since my Spurs are knocked out, I'm enjoying the non-pressure of watching basketball as a neutral spectator. And I sort of realized how much I love Rondo's game for the following reasons.

- He plays mature for his age. This kid goes out and just plays...he doesn't pad any stats, but concentrates on making the right play at the right time. It's refreshing to see a player being able to dominate without having to score big numbers.

- The kid is flashy. Yet he isn't flashy in the sense that he forces it, but it all comes in the flow of the game. Example: in game 1 he got a pass from Allen around the arc that wasn't spot on. He had to chase that ball down, and while doing that he noticed Pierce in the corner. In one swift motion he delivered a behind the back pass and Pierce was money. Rondo is one of the craftiest players in the league.

- He plays defense. It was great how he was able the slip past the screener and still troubled Jameer Nelson with his long wingspan. He is also very aware of the team defense as a whole and not just concerned with his guy. He anticipates screeners before they step out.

- He still made some mistakes, and his shooting is still off. But he can only improve there. When he does he'll be the best pure PG in this league.

Yes. I am a Rondo fan.

You should try and get with him.

Lil Rhody
05-17-2010, 05:39 PM

Yes. I am a Rondo fan.

I have a club for people like you

skinsfan4life80
05-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Not sure if any of you saw this but there was a nice read about him and becoming a top 5 point guard
http://www.playersvoice.com/nba/another-spring-rondo-vous.html

Kakaroach
05-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Rondo has been amazing, but like people have said that is old news. He has been great for a while now.

And I love that nickname, the Green Goblin. :laugh2:

X12Celtics3
05-17-2010, 08:02 PM

He is the perfect point guard for this Boston team, though. I can honestly say that I would rather have Rondo than any other point guard in the league, although I can understand why many teams might want somebody else.

Agility
05-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I like Rondo's game alot. Only thing i don't like is his jumshot.