PDA

View Full Version : Nash Fires Back at Phil Jackson

cmellofan15
05-16-2010, 10:54 AM
"It's news to me. I'm fortunate. I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," he said after the Suns practiced Saturday, then he added straight-faced: "I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich [of San Antonio] didn't have a problem with it last week."

espn (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5191524)

Kakaroach
05-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Ohhhh I love it when players don't take crap from people. Way to tell em Steve.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2010, 10:59 AM
haha - I love hidden insults like that.

GrumpyOldMan
05-16-2010, 11:00 AM
I like how Nash got the whole Popovich is the best coach in the league dig in on his response to Jackson. Made me giggle. :)

Raidaz4Life
05-16-2010, 11:00 AM
LOL Nash is too funny

chitownbulls
05-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Jackson needs an ice pack on his *** 'cause he just got BUUURRNNNNEED.

GodsSon
05-16-2010, 11:10 AM
And so we enter...the game...

WadeCounty
05-16-2010, 11:12 AM
if this was a facebook status, I'd like this :clap:

td0tsfinest
05-16-2010, 11:13 AM
ooo snap, Nash went all subliminal on his ***. :D

RocketsRule
05-16-2010, 11:15 AM
:laugh:

This should shut Phil up for a little bit.

cr00zi3
05-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Nash is a real professional. He did not have to say his name or anything for him to treat his life

Corey
05-16-2010, 11:17 AM
He stays classy while still throwing a sharp jab.

Awesome move by Nash.

magichatnumber9
05-16-2010, 11:31 AM
I now have unconditional love for Canada, Way to tell that Grinch look alike off.

GANMAD
05-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Very nice.

Hawkeye15
05-16-2010, 11:36 AM
it was a nice response. He maintains class and still pokes at him.
Apparently in practice the other day, Thunder Dan, an assistant coach, blew the whistle during play, and called Nash for carrying
haha

Ragun
05-16-2010, 11:42 AM
LOL...o man...that is steve nash baby!

where the laker fans at?

Raidaz4Life
05-16-2010, 11:43 AM
it was a nice response. He maintains class and still pokes at him.
Apparently in practice the other day, Thunder Dan, an assistant coach, blew the whistle during play, and called Nash for carrying
haha

:laugh:

mikedesi1004
05-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Lmao. Steve nash is the man!

Iodine
05-16-2010, 12:04 PM
I would be very happy to have Nash's children

RadiantShot
05-16-2010, 12:07 PM
This is why Nash is so likable. Pokin' jabs.

Broncos@Denver
05-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Thats Funny

More-Than-Most
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
It made me lol... Nice move by Nash... He kept it quick and simple. :clap:

SirCalvin81
05-16-2010, 12:40 PM
:clap: Nash is the man

dougie5627
05-16-2010, 12:51 PM
smart and sharp both on the court and in an insult. how you like them apples phil

TheDetroitBlue
05-16-2010, 12:53 PM
:clap: Nash is the man

x2

madiaz3
05-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Now his own coach's feelings is hurt!

drama1386
05-16-2010, 12:56 PM
LOL, that's too funny! steve nash is awesome! go suns!

Stunner
05-16-2010, 12:56 PM
lmao

*Superman*
05-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Now his own coach's feelings is hurt!

Nice .gif sig lol

Steve. What a shot hahah.

homestarunner93
05-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, Phil is a douche. Way to go Steve.

cubulls
05-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Maybe if he spent more time working on his D than on his jokes, he would have a ring by now.

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm still trying to catch my breath from laughing so hard. I love Phil and all, but damn, Nash really got a really great gab in there.

One problem, Nash kinda dissed his own coach a little in the process of dissing Jackson. Still, great responce. Epic ownage!

Rego247
05-16-2010, 01:46 PM
i didnt a see a link to the video but its on nba.com i just saw it nash is awesome

his response

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2010/05/15/20100515_nash_on_phil.nba/

DerekRE_3
05-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Why is he insulting Larry Brown? :confused:

HoopsDrive
05-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Lmao, flawless

hineswardfan
05-16-2010, 02:39 PM
OMG that's awesome rofl

The Final Boss
05-16-2010, 02:41 PM
The mind games are working. Every player carries from time to time, but pay attention to Nash he carries more than Lebron travels.

randomness
05-16-2010, 03:16 PM
:clap:

More-Than-Most
05-16-2010, 03:20 PM
The mind games are working. Every player carries from time to time, but pay attention to Nash he carries more than Lebron travels.

Its not a mind game... Its down right cheating... and something severe needs to be done about Jackson... He is basically putting this crap into the heads of the refs and by doing so will make the refs feel obligated to call Nash for a travel when he doesn't travel. The Durant thing was a mind game but this will effect the rules... If you look at something long enough and hard enough you will find something and I can see the refs looking for travels from Nash and they may very well catch him doing so... But the cheating aspect comes in when they call him for a travel when he didn't travel and it happened all because they were looking a little to hard for something that just isn't there.

THEGREAT28
05-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Steve Nash = Quasi Moto

tredigs
05-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Its not a mind game... Its down right cheating... and something severe needs to be done about Jackson... He is basically putting this crap into the heads of the refs and by doing so will make the refs feel obligated to call Nash for a travel when he doesn't travel. The Durant thing was a mind game but this will effect the rules... If you look at something long enough and hard enough you will find something and I can see the refs looking for travels from Nash and they may very well catch him doing so... But the cheating aspect comes in when they call him for a travel when he didn't travel and it happened all because they were looking a little to hard for something that just isn't there.

Cheating? Don't be ridiculous dude, It's called gamesmanship, and it's nothing new.

Loved Nash's response. Boss.

CowboysKB24
05-16-2010, 03:42 PM

Oh please give me a break. Phil isn't cheating. It isn't a big deal. Phil responded today with laughter. Phil will get the last laugh when he sends Nash and company packing.

whitesoxfan83
05-16-2010, 04:02 PM
I hope the Suns win it all, Grant Hill and Steve Nash probably got their best shot right here.

Go get em boys.

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 04:14 PM

It's downright cheating because he is telling the refs to watch Nash's feet?? Wow. You guys are all overreacting a little to much. If there's a travel, the refs will call it. If there isn't, they won't. Just because PJ said he travels doesn't mean the refs are gonna call Nash for traveling when he isn't traveling. Wow. You guys are ridiculous to insinuate that PJ is CHEATING. You don't think coaches go up to the refs during the games, during time outs, during commercial breaks and tell the refs something like hey watch that guys feet or hey watch that guy he is pushing/pulling in the post on rebounds. Of course, the coaches will tell the refs to look out for these things. PJ saying it outside of the game is just to get into Nash's head. He is the Zen Master, he is all about the mental games. But seriously, to suggest that he is cheating because he mentioned this in an interview is absurd...completely ridiculous.

And for all of you sucking off Nash saying that he is the funniest guy and just burned PJ...get real. I think PJ is doing just fine with his 10 rings while Nash is still trying to win his 1st. PJ doesn't need to say anything back because his career and his resume say everything. Nash has to make a joke like this because he has no rings to do the talking for him

So funny how you guys turn a mental tactic from arguably the greatest coach ever into him cheating and Nash being some great comedic hero that is putting an all time great in his place.

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 04:23 PM

I keep reading your post and can't get over how ridiculous it is. If the refs call a travel when there is no travel, that is 100% on the refs and not on PJ. The refs are the only ones who can call a travel. So if they make a bad call...its on them. Can't believe you are suggesting that the refs will call a travel when there is no travel just because PJ suggested DAYS before the game that Nash travels from time to time.

Oh, and by the way, it should be More THAN Most.

X12Celtics3
05-16-2010, 04:26 PM

I highly doubt it. LeBron has perfected his 'crab dribble' technique, something that even the most dedicated NBA stars have yet to successfully replicate.

Toenail Clipper
05-16-2010, 04:27 PM

whatta noob

thapharcyd
05-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Nash is awesome.

RaptorizedKevin
05-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Phil jackson should shut his mouth . he isnt that great of a coach, he just has experience. hes coached two of the best players in teh history of the nba so he shouldnt feeel gases like hes so sick. I mean miachel jordan and kobe are amazing. i remember a point in jacksons life where he claimed kobe was uncoachable becaus they were losing. hes bs , and should shut his mouth. Grreg popovich is probably the best coach, and sloan IMO. and of course good ol larry brown and pat riley. jackson will only resign with a team that has lebron or wade/ someone else on. he knows he can only sign with a good team or else he'll look bad.

Geargo Wallace
05-16-2010, 05:27 PM
soooo Nashty!

Truheatfan
05-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Take that colonel sanders! :clap:

jim51990
05-16-2010, 05:41 PM
agree 100% phil really needs to stfu most of the time

WITZ
05-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Haha maybe phil will learn to Shut the **** up now.

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Phil jackson should shut his mouth . he isnt that great of a coach, he just has experience. hes coached two of the best players in teh history of the nba so he shouldnt feeel gases like hes so sick. I mean miachel jordan and kobe are amazing. i remember a point in jacksons life where he claimed kobe was uncoachable becaus they were losing. hes bs , and should shut his mouth. Grreg popovich is probably the best coach, and sloan IMO. and of course good ol larry brown and pat riley. jackson will only resign with a team that has lebron or wade/ someone else on. he knows he can only sign with a good team or else he'll look bad.

You don't think PJ is responsible for Kobe's maturity. You think it's that easy to get superstar players with superstar egos to play together as a team and win games. Yes, he had a bunch of great players on his team, but you have to give him credit for what he has done as a coach. He has TEN rings for christ's sake, and you want to say Jerry Sloan is a better coach??? Not taking anything away from Sloan, but that is just a Skip Bayless argument...taking the minority point of view and arguing it just to be different. How can you really sit there and say Sloan and his 0 rings is better than PJ and his 10. You do remember that Sloan had arguably two top 50 players playing for him at the same time in Karl Malone and John Stockton, and he could never get past PJ and his teams.

Does anybody fault Pat Riley for winning with the Lakers teams he had? Should we fault Poppovich for winning with arguably the best front court of all time with Duncan and Robinson? Are all of his championships discredited because he had arguably the best PF of all time on his team.

Seriously, if you try to make an argument that anybody with 10 rings is not a good coach then don't watch sports, cause you have NO idea what you are talking about.

All this hate on PJ is ridiculous. All of this because he is playing mind games before the series starts? Who plays mind games in sports???? Must only be cheaters and ****** coaches with 10 rings.

RaptorizedKevin
05-16-2010, 05:57 PM
You don't think PJ is responsible for Kobe's maturity. You think it's that easy to get superstar players with superstar egos to play together as a team and win games. Yes, he had a bunch of great players on his team, but you have to give him credit for what he has done as a coach. He has TEN rings for christ's sake, and you want to say Jerry Sloan is a better coach??? Not taking anything away from Sloan, but that is just a Skip Bayless argument...taking the minority point of view and arguing it just to be different. How can you really sit there and say Sloan and his 0 rings is better than PJ and his 10. You do remember that Sloan had arguably two top 50 players playing for him at the same time in Karl Malone and John Stockton, and he could never get past PJ and his teams.

Does anybody fault Pat Riley for winning with the Lakers teams he had? Should we fault Poppovich for winning with arguably the best front court of all time with Duncan and Robinson? Are all of his championships discredited because he had arguably the best PF of all time on his team.

Seriously, if you try to make an argument that anybody with 10 rings is not a good coach then don't watch sports, cause you have NO idea what you are talking about.

All this hate on PJ is ridiculous. All of this because he is playing mind games before the series starts? Who plays mind games in sports???? Must only be cheaters and ****** coaches with 10 rings.

He had Michael jordan + pippen ( two hall of famers) + kobe and shaq ( two hall of famers) hes not that great of a coach, he just has experience to not screw up with that much talent.

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Haha maybe phil will learn to Shut the **** up now.

Why? Because Nash thinks Pops is the best coach? Do you really think PJ cares what Nash has to say about him. Seriously, you guys are reading wayy too much into this. You act like a PG with 0 rings just taught arguably the best coach ever a lesson.

You act like Nash just single-handedly eliminated PJ and the Lakers from the playoffs and stole all 10 of his rings with that one comment. Hilarious.

RaptorizedKevin
05-16-2010, 05:58 PM
wow laker fans are extremly sensitivie when people get at Phil jackson.

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 06:03 PM
He had Michael jordan + pippen ( two hall of famers) + kobe and shaq ( two hall of famers) hes not that great of a coach, he just has experience to not screw up with that much talent.

I understand that. But you can't say he is a bad coach because of that. Is Pat Riley a bad coach cause of the teams he won with? Is Red Auerbach a bad coach because he had Bill Russell and some other hall of famers. What about Pops having Duncan and Robinson? Sloan must be GOD AWFUL if he couldn't win even one without Malone and Stockton. Remember when PJ and the Bulls won 55 games and made some noise in the playoffs when Jordan was playing baseball? Seriously, give the guy credit. Yes, he coached some of the greats, but how do you know he's not the difference between the Bulls winning 3 championships and winning 6. Or the Lakers winning 2 instead of 4. I mean seriously, even if you want to give most of the credit to the players, which is understandable, you act like he did NOTHING to win these championships. Out of the 10 rings that he has...you won't even give him credit for 1 of them? 2 of them? 3 or 4??? No, you're right...he won 10 but he didn't deserve any and he is worse than coaches that never even won one (Sloan).

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 06:04 PM
wow laker fans are extremly sensitivie when people get at Phil jackson.

No...I get extremely sensitive when people make horrible arguments and discredit the resume of a Hall of Famer simply because Steve Nash made one comment.

sunnydayin'zona
05-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Why? Because Nash thinks Pops is the best coach? Do you really think PJ cares what Nash has to say about him. Seriously, you guys are reading wayy too much into this. You act like a PG with 0 rings just taught arguably the best coach ever a lesson.

You act like Nash just single-handedly eliminated PJ and the Lakers from the playoffs and stole all 10 of his rings with that one comment. Hilarious.

pj should stfu because he just got burned. its not like nash started the ***** talking, pj did, and he got burned back. to counter your argument, do you think nash cares what pj has to say about him? he did teach "arguably the best coach ever" a lesson, nash taught pj that he's not untouchable in his comments, he can get burned back as well. and as far as your second quote? NO, nobody is acting like that, nobody said anything like that, you're just crying because your coach got burned.

you act like pj just single-handedly eliminated nash and the suns from the playoffs and stole both of his mvp trophies with his palming comment. Hilarious. :rolleyes:

sunnydayin'zona
05-16-2010, 06:10 PM
No...I get extremely sensitive when people make horrible arguments and discredit the resume of a Hall of Famer simply because Steve Nash made one comment.

horrible arguments to discredit him? no, we're just saying he's not untouchable, and he just got burned by a comment, and maybe he should stfu, as he has chosen to do

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 06:14 PM
pj should stfu because he just got burned. its not like nash started the ***** talking, pj did, and he got burned back. to counter your argument, do you think nash cares what pj has to say about him? he did teach "arguably the best coach ever" a lesson, nash taught pj that he's not untouchable in his comments, he can get burned back as well. and as far as your second quote? NO, nobody is acting like that, nobody said anything like that, you're just crying because your coach got burned.

you act like pj just single-handedly eliminated nash and the suns from the playoffs and stole both of his mvp trophies with his palming comment. Hilarious. :rolleyes:

HOW DID HE GET BURNED??? Nash said he doesn't travel and that he thinks Poppovich is the best coach in the league. That is his opinion, and probably a lot of people who play the game of basketball disagree with him since most people would take the guy with 10 rings over the guy with 4. Do you think PJ cares about what Nash said anymore than Nash cared about what PJ said. They are both taking shots at each other in the media (whether they are mind games or just joking), but you act like Nash WON something with his comment.

These are just words. Nothing matters until we see who wins the series. If the Lakers win, Nash gets burned. If the Suns win, PJ gets burned. But right now, all it is is talk. That's it. Quit acting like Nash did something worthy of all this admiration. Win ONE championship before you get to declare who you think is the best coach in the league. "I have 0 rings and I think the guy with 4 rings is better than the guy with 10". OOOOOO...BURNNNN!!!!

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 06:17 PM
horrible arguments to discredit him? no, we're just saying he's not untouchable, and he just got burned by a comment, and maybe he should stfu, as he has chosen to do

Of course he's not untouchable. Did he ever say he was or did he even ACT like he was?? He is simply playing mind games, which the majority of people do in sports. It's not all about who is the best talent or the most athletic. There is a lot of mental games played in sports, and PJ happens to be one of the best at that. And you can't say its fabricated because the guy is the Zen Master...he is all about the mental side of things...on and off the court.

He does not need to suddenly stfu just because Nash expressed his own opinion. PJ has done this in the past and it's worked. He is doing it now and its obviously working. Why would he stop doing it just because Nash thinks Pops is the best coach?

sunnydayin'zona
05-16-2010, 06:17 PM
look, all we're saying is we're sick of hearing phil jackson every year get fined 30k because he feels the need to play mind games. dont tell us he hasn't, because he's done it with durant and nash this year alone. dont get your panties in a bunch because nash said something clever in return, and we're all happy about it. calm down

sunnydayin'zona
05-16-2010, 06:21 PM
HOW DID HE GET BURNED??? Nash said he doesn't travel and that he thinks Poppovich is the best coach in the league. That is his opinion, and probably a lot of people who play the game of basketball disagree with him since most people would take the guy with 10 rings over the guy with 4. Do you think PJ cares about what Nash said anymore than Nash cared about what PJ said. They are both taking shots at each other in the media (whether they are mind games or just joking), but you act like Nash WON something with his comment.

These are just words. Nothing matters until we see who wins the series. If the Lakers win, Nash gets burned. If the Suns win, PJ gets burned. But right now, all it is is talk. That's it. Quit acting like Nash did something worthy of all this admiration. Win ONE championship before you get to declare who you think is the best coach in the league. "I have 0 rings and I think the guy with 4 rings is better than the guy with 10". OOOOOO...BURNNNN!!!!

it pretty clear you're too polarized by man-love to phil jackson to just accept that he got burned. nobody is acting like anybody won something, just you. we all just find it funny that finally somebody, whether it be nash or had it be durant, said something in return. you seem to be the only person on psd who is so terribly offended by the comment

and by your comment in bold, you are officially a hypocrite with that statement. you think pj is the best coach in the league? how many rings have you personally won, sir? :eyebrow:

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 06:22 PM
look, all we're saying is we're sick of hearing phil jackson every year get fined 30k because he feels the need to play mind games. dont tell us he hasn't, because he's done it with durant and nash this year alone. dont get your panties in a bunch because nash said something clever in return, and we're all happy about it. calm down

I am not denying he is playing mind games. I've actually said numerous times that that is exactly what he is doing. And obviously there is no problem with mind games in sports...they are intertwined.

I am not getting upset because you guys like what Nash said. I am getting upset because you guys are taking that one comment and running away with it. He made that comment and suddenly PJ is overrated and undeserving of his championships. That is all I really care about. OK, yes what Nash said may have been funny. I actually like Nash a lot ( I went to Santa Clara University and I am very familiar with the guy and what he has accomplished in his career). But it's like you guys are taking this quote as an opportunity to bash PJ and diminish all of his accomplishments. Completely unfair.

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 06:24 PM
it pretty clear you're too polarized by man-love to phil jackson to just accept that he got burned. nobody is acting like anybody won something, just you. we all just find it funny that finally somebody, whether it be nash or had it be durant, said something in return. you seem to be the only person on psd who is so terribly offended by the comment

and by your comment in bold, you are officially a hypocrite with that statement. you think pj is the best coach in the league? how many rings have you personally won, sir? :eyebrow:

Is it that far-fetched for me to say that the coach with the most rings is the best coach?? I'd say that if you want to make such a bold statement as Pops being better than PJ than you yourself should accomplish something first.

sunnydayin'zona
05-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Of course he's not untouchable. Did he ever say he was or did he even ACT like he was?? He is simply playing mind games, which the majority of people do in sports. It's not all about who is the best talent or the most athletic. There is a lot of mental games played in sports, and PJ happens to be one of the best at that. And you can't say its fabricated because the guy is the Zen Master...he is all about the mental side of things...on and off the court.

He does not need to suddenly stfu just because Nash expressed his own opinion. PJ has done this in the past and it's worked. He is doing it now and its obviously working. Why would he stop doing it just because Nash thinks Pops is the best coach?

well, he did stop making jabs at the suns, didnt he now? i guess that would mean he's stopped for now. oh and did he act like he was untouchable? yeah, by making comments about the refs and other teams and other players consistently, every year, regardless of how many times the nba fines him. that acting untouchable.

but none of this matters, the only reason we talk about our slight enjoyment of the back and fourth we see here is because we have nothing else to talk about before game time. calm yourself, or go get the zen master to help you

sunnydayin'zona
05-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Is it that far-fetched for me to say that the coach with the most rings is the best coach?? I'd say that if you want to make such a bold statement as Pops being better than PJ than you yourself should accomplish something first.

no, its not far fetched, but its hypocritical to say who you think is the best coach, and criticize nash for having an opinion of the best coach by saying he has no rings. unless you have an nba championship ring, you should stop talking, by your own logic.

AI4MVP
05-16-2010, 06:29 PM
yeah sit the **** down phil. sit the **** down

sunnydayin'zona
05-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I am not denying he is playing mind games. I've actually said numerous times that that is exactly what he is doing. And obviously there is no problem with mind games in sports...they are intertwined.

I am not getting upset because you guys like what Nash said. I am getting upset because you guys are taking that one comment and running away with it. He made that comment and suddenly PJ is overrated and undeserving of his championships. That is all I really care about. OK, yes what Nash said may have been funny. I actually like Nash a lot ( I went to Santa Clara University and I am very familiar with the guy and what he has accomplished in his career). But it's like you guys are taking this quote as an opportunity to bash PJ and diminish all of his accomplishments. Completely unfair.

i said nothing of his accomplishments, so...dont go there. to be quite honest, if people are saying they think pj is overrated, their views on that did not start because of this comment, they probably started long ago. really, reference your reflective jesuit education and calm yourself

Nirvanaskurdt
05-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Nash pwned Phil :laugh2:

Nash FTW :D

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 06:36 PM
well, he did stop making jabs at the suns, didnt he now? i guess that would mean he's stopped for now. oh and did he act like he was untouchable? yeah, by making comments about the refs and other teams and other players consistently, every year, regardless of how many times the nba fines him. that acting untouchable.

but none of this matters, the only reason we talk about our slight enjoyment of the back and fourth we see here is because we have nothing else to talk about before game time. calm yourself, or go get the zen master to help you

i said nothing of his accomplishments, so...dont go there. to be quite honest, if people are saying they think pj is overrated, their views on that did not start because of this comment, they probably started long ago. really, reference your reflective jesuit education and calm yourself

I am responding to other peoples' posts about calling PJ overrated and being undeserving of his 10 rings. Let those people respond. You are responding to things I am saying and arguing different things. I'm done going back and forth with you. I went to Santa Clara University, but I never said I was catholic or even christian. Soooo why don't you save that religious mumbo jumbo for another forum.

sunnydayin'zona
05-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I am responding to other peoples' posts about calling PJ overrated and being undeserving of his 10 rings. Let those people respond. You are responding to things I am saying and arguing different things. I'm done going back and forth with you. I went to Santa Clara University, but I never said I was catholic or even christian. Soooo why don't you save that religious mumbo jumbo for another forum.

haha well...i'm not religious either, and if you've ever payed attention at your former school, jesuit education isnt religious, its just reflective. open to growth intellectual compentency loving? i think you fell asleep alot at your school, sir. or santa clara isnt like my school, i guess. sorry if i offended you. i didnt mean to bring up anything religious on you...

More-Than-Most
05-16-2010, 06:59 PM
whatta noob

Nice Post...You should smack yourself for calling someone a noob... It must have taken you hours to think of such a well thought out post.

My thoughts on the cheating are simple... He has been fined for his continuous propaganda each series and continues to talk his trash to gain some kind of advantage. I was not saying the refs are gonna call travels just because Jackson said something... I am saying they will look extra close at it now and by doing so will probably get him for traveling but will also miss a call or 2 and get him for traveling when he isn't traveling. That is an unfair advantage especially if it happens late in a close game.

mdm692
05-16-2010, 07:04 PM
The only reason phil has all those rings is a guy by the name of michael jordan and kobe+descent big man....**** put vinny del negro in his position he would have 10 rings too

ChicagoFan4Eva
05-16-2010, 07:09 PM
I like how Nash got the whole Popovich is the best coach in the league dig in on his response to Jackson. Made me giggle. :)

haha that did make me laugh..

omg!
i love your sig
thats hilarious! :clap:

teckmunny
05-16-2010, 07:19 PM
yeah nash is funny! but im almost positive he didnt mean it! phil is the best coach! its all mind games!

albertc86
05-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Nash inadvertently dissed his own coach with that opinion. Not that anyone ever considered Gentry a great coach but that's just as much as a swipe at his own coach.

AZCardsFan
05-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Nash inadvertently dissed his own coach with that opinion. Not that anyone ever considered Gentry a great coach but that's just as much as a swipe at his own coach.

Im sure Gentry would agree that he is not the "best coach in the league"

Duncan = Donkey
05-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Phil Jackson should shut the **** up. He has no right to comment on Steve Nash, especially his ball handling.

Phil Jackson was a SCRUB of a player.

Phil, stick to what you do best which is sitting your fat *** on the bench and letting Hall of Famers win you titles.

MK-E-MK
05-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Nice one Nash! That was a very nice stab at Colonel Sanders, right there...

Incublime24
05-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Phil Jackson should shut the **** up. He has no right to comment on Steve Nash, especially his ball handling.

Phil Jackson was a SCRUB of a player.

Phil, stick to what you do best which is sitting your fat *** on the bench and letting Hall of Famers win you titles.

1. He is a coach in the NBA. How is it NOT his right to comment on Steve Nash and his ball handling?

2. What is the relevance of Phil Jackson as a player in this discussion?? He is speaking as a coach, not as a player...and as a coach he is damn good.

3. He is sticking to what he does best which is playing late in the playoffs and possibly being the last team standing yet again.

LA_Raiders
05-16-2010, 09:50 PM
lol, can't wait to see his loser face in 1.5 weeks...

Duncan = Donkey
05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
1. He is a coach in the NBA. How is it NOT his right to comment on Steve Nash and his ball handling?

2. What is the relevance of Phil Jackson as a player in this discussion?? He is speaking as a coach, not as a player...and as a coach he is damn good.

3. He is sticking to what he does best which is playing late in the playoffs and possibly being the last team standing yet again.

Who do you think knows more about Ball Handling. A PG with 2 MVP's or some scrub who is now a coach who gets ridden to championships. He just shouldnt speak about the subject becasue he has no idea about it.

How many times has Phil jackson ran an offense?? ZERO

If this guy has never ran an offense, its comical that he has the nerve to even speak about Steve Nash's ball handling.

dodie53
05-16-2010, 10:30 PM
what a move by nash

Indi23
05-17-2010, 12:49 AM
..... Damn!

Kevj77
05-17-2010, 12:57 AM
The only reason phil has all those rings is a guy by the name of michael jordan and kobe+descent big man....**** put vinny del negro in his position he would have 10 rings tooNo way. He couldn't handle players with those egos. Give him credit where it's due. I'm so tired of the haters comments about him having great players. Last time I checked Pop had Duncan and tons of other really good players on his 4 title runs. Great coaches have great players. Red, Riley, Pop, Phil and Daly all coached teams full of talent get over it.

CavsYanksDuke
05-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Gotta love Nash...

Fool
05-17-2010, 01:03 AM
This thread is hilarious. Do people not realize that Phil has gotten Nash's attention? That's sort of the whole point of the comments that Phil puts out there. Phil certainly did not get burned.

Evolution23
05-17-2010, 01:37 AM
I love Nash hes the man

Penetra8r
05-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Phildo fire one back please

Evolution23
05-17-2010, 01:40 AM
Im starting to lose respect for Phil because he used to be all Zen Buddhist and his calm like deminer.. But thenhe started complaining about Durant going to the fou line a lot and now hes talking about nash carrying? whats going on Phil? Talking a lot for a guy that invented KFC.

Jenceman
05-17-2010, 02:22 AM
He's always done this......You haven't watched the NBA much have you?

pippsux
05-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Great comeback

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2010, 02:47 AM
i like the "Pop is the best coach in the league" jab at Phil

Frezhnitz
05-17-2010, 10:58 AM
phil likes to mess with the opponents mind. And it worked. Haha

Hellcrooner
05-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Good jab