PDA

View Full Version : The Official Carlos Boozer FA Speculation Thread

JordansBulls
05-16-2010, 10:04 AM
This thread will pertain to any Carlos Boozer FA destinations and decisions.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-16-2010, 10:07 AM
close to max in the knicks

but he deserves 10-12 per year

pistonsfanomg
05-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Boozer

Ideally, he'd like to play in Miami and could wind up there depending on what LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Amare do. If Miami goes another direction, I'm told the Wizards are a real possibility, as are the Pistons via a sign-and-trade deal.

_Supreme_
05-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Carlos Boozer will probably end up in Chicago.

pistonsfanomg
05-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Carlos Boozer will probably end up in Chicago.

Chicago, Chicago, Chicago

So they will get Lebron, Boozer and Bosh?

Lmfao :facepalm:

_Supreme_
05-16-2010, 10:11 AM

No, that is not what I said. They will get just Boozer, not Lebron or Bosh.

pistonsfanomg
05-16-2010, 10:13 AM
No, that is not what I said. They will get just Boozer, not Lebron or Bosh.
I'm not saying you said that

I'm just saying everytime someone asks

"Where will Lebron"
"Where will Wade"

end up

People say Chicago

_Supreme_
05-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Well, that is PSD for you. Unfortunately a lot of the folks around are either very young and unknowing, or flat out morons even.

After a while you simply stop reading the threads... unless you are bored at work like I am now, although I should know better.

But yeah, it is damn annoying for sure.

Kakaroach
05-16-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd like for him to return to Utah, but it all depends on the type of money that he wants. The Jazz are close to luxury tax this year and if he wants a deal around a max, no way he is staying here.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd like for him to return to Utah, but it all depends on the type of money that he wants. The Jazz are close to luxury tax this year and if he wants a deal around a max, no way he is staying here.

Why you want him??

He was absolutely horrible against the lakers frontline!

Millsap is already better than him!

Kakaroach
05-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Why you want him??

He was absolutely horrible against the lakers frontline!

Millsap is already better than him! He is a lot more talented offensively than Milly is right now. Our offense last year was pretty anemic at times with no Boozer, so thats why.

But your right, he gets owned on offense and defense by anyone bigger than 6'11

hugepatsfan
05-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Boozer will go to the Heat. I think they move Beasely to SF.

dre1990
05-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Like waht other people said, it all depends on where LeBron, Dwayne and Bosh go. But I personaly think that D-wade will stay in a Heat uniform, and if that is the case, I would bet money the Heat sign him

Raidaz4Life
05-16-2010, 11:07 AM
14-15 mil a year with the Heat

Lo Porto
05-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Boozer will go to Chicago or Miami if he takes less than the max. If he wants the max, NJ is an option if they can't get anybody else. As for fit, he'd be perfect in Chicago next to Noah or NJ next to Lopez.

It is possible that Boozer AND LeBron go to Chicago if Utah signs and trades Boozer for Deng.

beasted86
05-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Miami isn't signing Boozer unless Wade + LeBron/Johnson already signed.

td0tsfinest
05-16-2010, 12:43 PM
surprised Wade and Bosh don't got one of these threads yet.

Catfish1314
05-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Nets, Heat, or Knicks.

If LeBron goes to the Knicks, Boozer or Johnson would be the perfect fit next to LeBron. Both are in their primes, and neither one is a big enough star to take some of the limelight away from LeBron in NY. I'm sure he'd like that.

shizzle09
05-16-2010, 02:37 PM

dont forget Wade.

hineswardfan
05-16-2010, 02:41 PM
I think Dwade and Boozer would be a nice combo

Stunner
05-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Miami
Pistons
Knicks
Bulls
Wizards

teams he might play for next year barring different things happening.

JOSKOMANG4
05-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Boozer is going to follow Lebron to the Nets

Boozer 5yr 80mill w/Nets.

C) Lopez
PF) Boozer
SF) T.Williams
SG) L.James
PG) D.Harris
SICKKK!

Ironman5219
05-16-2010, 03:16 PM
He is still a big name in Utah. Boozer knows that one of the reasons he is an all star caliber player is because of D-Will and Salon's system. If he goes elsewhere look for his numbers to drop. Unfortunatly for me and Utah, he will probably be offered max money somewhere and leave without us getting compensation for him.

abe_froman
05-16-2010, 04:10 PM

"Where will Lebron"
"Where will Wade"

end up

People say Chicago

because we're players in the market.its either/or,like bosh or boozer.its not a case of bosh and boozer

seriously,you couldnt figure that out???? do you have some kind of inability to grasp the concept implied notions...i feel kind of bad for you

JordansBulls
05-16-2010, 07:31 PM
surprised Wade and Bosh don't got one of these threads yet.

they all have one.

You can link from here. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485371

Tony_Starks
05-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Boozer is the one player that I can say I have 100% no idea whatsoever where he's going because for him its not about winning at all. Its all about the benjamins. Thats been evident by his screwing of Cleveland and his monkey business he's been playing with Utah. If he stays in Utah and they add pieces they can eventually take the thrown from an aging Lakers...

Basically wherever the most $$ is thats where he'll be !

Lo Porto
05-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Boozer is the one player that I can say I have 100% no idea whatsoever where he's going ... Basically wherever the most $$ is thats where he'll be !

So many uncertain factors to this year's FA. Who gets taken first? Which star stays? Do the stars team up?

Even as a Jazz fan, I think you're half right about the money. If he goes to NJ or NY, he's chasing the paycheck. If he goes to Chicago, Miami or stays in Utah, he could do it for the right reasons. He might even take a pay cut...

JordansBulls
05-17-2010, 08:32 AM
So many uncertain factors to this year's FA. Who gets taken first? Which star stays? Do the stars team up?

Even as a Jazz fan, I think you're half right about the money. If he goes to NJ or NY, he's chasing the paycheck. If he goes to Chicago, Miami or stays in Utah, he could do it for the right reasons. He might even take a pay cut...

Boozer isn't taking a paycut.

Lo Porto
05-17-2010, 08:56 AM
When I mean take a pay cut, I mean slightly less than the max. Which really, only Wade and LeBron really deserve to make the max this summer. Bosh, Boozer, Joe and Parker don't deserve max contracts. I'm with Barkley - there should only be 5-10 max contract players in the entire NBA.

ldc62
05-17-2010, 12:24 PM
The loser of the Bosh and Amare sweepstakes will try to get Boozer.

ldc62
05-17-2010, 12:25 PM
When I mean take a pay cut, I mean slightly less than the max. Which really, only Wade and LeBron really deserve to make the max this summer. Bosh, Boozer, Joe and Parker don't deserve max contracts. I'm with Barkley - there should only be 5-10 max contract players in the entire NBA.

Why would the best (top3) PF not get a max? If Rashard Lewis deserves a max then so do all of those guys.

sventhedog
05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
boozer is a good player but as with other undersized big men, it's harder to play against taller and longer players. given the lack of talented big man scorers in the league, he'll get a bigger contract than what he deserves.

abe_froman
05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Why would the best (top3) PF not get a max? If Rashard Lewis deserves a max then so do all of those guys.

1.he will get max

but to your argument as to way.just because one gm and owner was foolish and to quick to give in to an agents demands,doesnt mean they all are.secondly,the magic were desperate for a sidekick to pair with howard,especially one who fit the system perfectly ;and finally the economic climate was way different then.throwing away money was more tolerated

Lo Porto
05-17-2010, 03:44 PM

I'm in the Barkley school of thought. I don't think that there so many max players in the league. In my mind, there are only 5-10 max deserving players out there and Bosh isn't one of them. Bosh, Boozer, Amare and others have had the chance to be a star and lead their teams to huge seasons, but it's never happened. In most ways, those guys would be signed on potential instead of what they've accomplished come playoff time.

Max players, to me, are LeBron, Melo, Kobe, Wade, Deron, Paul, Durant, and someday Rose. All of those guys have the combination of talent, potential, accomplishment and star power. I made the list quickly so I might have missed 1 or 2...

jackdawson
05-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Boozer in miami for sure as their 3rd star (After signing 2 possible max).

thescore53
05-17-2010, 04:00 PM
close to max in the knicks

but he deserves 10-12 per year

donnie walsh said they arent overpaying people, he will not ruin the franchise

thescore53
05-17-2010, 04:02 PM

"Where will Lebron"
"Where will Wade"

end up

People say Chicago

cause they have cap room and are the most desireable destinations

thescore53
05-17-2010, 04:04 PM
He is a lot more talented offensively than Milly is right now. Our offense last year was pretty anemic at times with no Boozer, so thats why.

But your right, he gets owned on offense and defense by anyone bigger than 6'11

if utah gets the num 1 pick would you welcome a trade for bosh

abe_froman
05-17-2010, 04:06 PM
donnie walsh said they arent overpaying people, he will not ruin the franchise
i wouldnt be so sure.getting mike d.(overrated),mortgaging your future for capspace(there's no guarantee you'll get anyone with it)

JordansBulls
05-17-2010, 04:34 PM
if utah gets the num 1 pick would you welcome a trade for bosh

I love how you sigged that guy. He probably won't ever show up on him till next year.

dukejazz
05-17-2010, 05:03 PM
I see boozer coming back to utah. If miami doesnt want him. Hoepfully the azz can do a sign and trade and get something for him. But depends on how much the jazz pursue him after they see what draft pick they get.

JordansBulls
05-17-2010, 07:12 PM

That's because the Magic were desperate.

JordansBulls
05-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I see boozer coming back to utah. If miami doesnt want him. Hoepfully the azz can do a sign and trade and get something for him. But depends on how much the jazz pursue him after they see what draft pick they get.

I don't see why he would at this point.

Sadds The Gr8
05-22-2010, 12:30 PM
lol Boozer's thread fails:laugh2:

OT Thriller
05-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Out of all the free agents, Boozer is the biggest lock to leave his team imo. The Jazz obviously are set to move on with Milsap as their power forward and not overpay for Boozer. I can see Boozer in New Jersey, also him going to Washington might be a wild card option as well. Again everything will make more sense when Lebron and Bosh and Wade decide their future landing spots.

drobe86
05-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Boozer is going to the knicks

Montana_Rob
05-22-2010, 02:12 PM
i see the bulls getting D Wade, Lebron, Boozer, and Bosh all to go with Rose.

haha naw jk, but I would guess Booz either goes to MIA, NY, or maybe OKC? OKC seems to be a legit big away from being legit

JordansBulls
05-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Boozer is going to the knicks

With JJ probably.

gmm902
05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
boozer like all the good free agents will be a mystery but i will say he will not be staying with the jazz

td0tsfinest
05-22-2010, 03:43 PM
With JJ probably.

Ye thats the feeling I have as well. JJ and Carlos in NY. Not sure how Boozer will fare in the run and gun offense.

97NYer
05-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Not NY please...trash

Vidball
05-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Hard to speculate where he goes because he's more of a 2nd-tier prize. I think he will end up in MIA after Amar'e and Bosh land elsewhere.

Kakaroach
05-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Ye thats the feeling I have as well. JJ and Carlos in NY. Not sure how Boozer will fare in the run and gun offense. Yep I posted the same thing in the other thread.

As for Boozer in the run-n-gun, I could see him performing well. His jumpshot would be lethal as a PF, he runs the floor well, and he is a fantastic finisher. He could also give them a real offensive post thread when they were in the half-court.

drobe86
05-22-2010, 09:36 PM
With JJ probably.

Joe Johnson is not going to the Knicks. That's a fact. JJ is a quiet guy and won't be able to deal with the big time media market there. Trust me man, JJ will be in Miami....

JordansBulls
05-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Joe Johnson is not going to the Knicks. That's a fact. JJ is a quiet guy and won't be able to deal with the big time media market there. Trust me man, JJ will be in Miami....

Again, how is Miami not a big market city?

RadiantShot
05-23-2010, 10:47 PM
All the Magic fans want Boozer in Orlando. I don't disagree either. I know we probably have the pieces to land Carlos, but I'm not sure if Otis is thinking the same. Hopefully.

JordansBulls
05-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Ye thats the feeling I have as well. JJ and Carlos in NY. Not sure how Boozer will fare in the run and gun offense.

to me that is a good summer. Hell even if the Bulls got both I'd be satisfied.

JordansBulls
05-27-2010, 02:33 PM
ESPNChicago.com

Carlos Boozer doesn't believe his fellow free agents will view playing in Chicago -- under the shadow of Michael Jordan's legacy -- as a negative. In fact, the Utah Jazz forward sees it as one of Chicago's selling points when free agency opens on July 1.

"A lot of people in my era, in my age group, we watched MJ do what he did: win championships, be the face of the NBA and continue to dominate the game," Boozer said Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I think most of the free agents this summer [think it's] probably an attractive thing to have that history, where MJ played, where [Scottie] Pippen played for those six championships.

"I can remember being a kid and watching that. I think everybody, whoever it is this summer, can remember watching MJ do his thing in Chicago, so I think that will be more of a positive thing than a negative thing."

Although LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh have gotten most of the attention among this summer's vaunted free-agent class, Boozer is an established inside scoring threat, averaging 19.5 points and 11.2 rebounds with the Jazz this season.

While Bosh released a top-five teams list, Boozer was coy about his preferred destinations, but stressed that Utah is still very much in the running. He also said the Bulls would have to be in the mix as well, and they likely will be for every free agent this summer.

"Really good, really young," Boozer said when asked for his impression of the Bulls. "They're young but with a lot of experience. They've gone to the playoffs for a couple years and had some great battles with the Celtics. This year was tough with the Cavs who went through them fast. They have a lot of talent, a lot of guys who can play. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with that franchise this summer."

JordansBulls
06-03-2010, 02:42 PM

But that is still a good summer. Even as a Bulls fan getting both of them would be a great summer IMO for us.

Lo Porto
06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Joe Johnson to Chicago and then Hinrich and Taj for Boozer (after sign and trade).

Now that's a Jazz fan's dream of getting something for Booz, but in the end I think he goes to Miami.

JordansBulls
06-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Joe Johnson to Chicago and then Hinrich and Taj for Boozer (after sign and trade).

Now that's a Jazz fan's dream of getting something for Booz, but in the end I think he goes to Miami.

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

td0tsfinest
06-03-2010, 10:58 PM
But that is still a good summer. Even as a Bulls fan getting both of them would be a great summer IMO for us.

I agree. If the knicks could get some nice fillers, the team would look nice on paper.

JordansBulls
06-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I agree. If the knicks could get some nice fillers, the team would look nice on paper.

Are they still planning on signing Mcgrady again?

td0tsfinest
06-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Are they still planning on signing Mcgrady again?

I doubt it. From what was going on during the season, Mcgrady wasn't in the knicks plan.

There are still a lot of good FAs. He may not be a superstar but Anthony Morrow could be a great spark plug off the bench, especially under D'Antoni's system.

JordansBulls
06-04-2010, 12:51 AM
I doubt it. From what was going on during the season, Mcgrady wasn't in the knicks plan.

There are still a lot of good FAs. He may not be a superstar but Anthony Morrow could be a great spark plug off the bench, especially under D'Antoni's system.

I'm crazy, but I'd take him on the Bulls for MLE.

td0tsfinest
06-04-2010, 01:00 AM
With the emergence of Reggie Williams, Warriors might not match any offers. Derrick Rose's ability to get into the paint, could open up the floor for a guy like Anthony Morrow. But I wouldn't be surprised if this kid gets a lot of attention.

JordansBulls
06-04-2010, 09:09 AM
With the emergence of Reggie Williams, Warriors might not match any offers. Derrick Rose's ability to get into the paint, could open up the floor for a guy like Anthony Morrow. But I wouldn't be surprised if this kid gets a lot of attention.

Yeah I think many Bulls fans want Morrow as well.

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 01:00 AM
I can see this guy going to a number of different places. Basically whoever pays the most.

Bucsfan
06-21-2010, 02:24 AM
boozer wont be with the jazz i can almost guarantee that....i say he is a chicago bu

i would love a sign and trade for marc gasol or chris bosh lol....but thats wont happen

Bucsfan
06-21-2010, 02:25 AM
boozer wont be with the jazz i can almost guarantee that....i say he is a chicago bu

i would love a sign and trade for marc gasol or chris bosh lol....but thats wont happen

Mike515089
06-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Well since all the talk is focused on Lebron, DWade, Bosh, Johnson, and Stoudamire I havent heard much on Boozer. Boozer being a free agent is a big deal to me since most the big names are players in the East moving to other teams in the East.

Where does everyone think Boozer will end up and where would you want to see him play next year?

Also any news or recent updates on who is interestead in him?

Chives
06-29-2010, 09:36 PM
I think Carlos Boozer can be a breakout player next year for some team. And it's kindof irrelevant to compare Boozer's numbers against the Lakers this year in the playoffs. He was Utah's best big, and he's a power forward. How can you expect him to matchup to Gasol/Bynum? When he moves in free agency, and you put him beside a capable center (Like Lopez in NJ, or Noah in Chicago), then he will be very affective.

But I've heard of a possible sign and trade between the Utah Jazz and the Orlando Magic. The Magic would send Marcin Gortat and Brandon Bass to the Jazz for Boozer. I think that would benefit both parties and Boozer would be losing only a few million dollars. So here's the difference, either make 15-16 million dollars next with the Nets or possibly the Pistons, and he won't make the playoffs or he can make 10-11 million dollars for the Magic or the Heat, and make a deep run in the playoffs.

JordansBulls
06-29-2010, 11:39 PM
I'd still take Boozer for the Bulls.

ruslan898
07-06-2010, 10:56 AM
The Heat are having "backburner" sign-and-trade talks with the Jazz about free agent Carlos Boozer.
The Heat would likely be offering Michael Beasley and possibly Jermaine O'Neal to get a deal done. They'd also be asking for Kyle Korver. Of course, dominoes like Boozer aren't going to fall until Dwyane Wade and LeBron James make their decision.

Source: Michael Wallace on Twitter

http://twitter.com/wallacesports/status/17832693480

Kakaroach
07-06-2010, 11:01 AM
As a Jazz fan at least its something for Boozer, maybe Sloan can whip Beasley into shape but I don't think Jermaine O'Neal would be in the deal. Jazz won't have the MLE to sign him after we re-sign Wesley Matthews.