PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Or Cleveland: Which was more disappointing

Fireworld
05-16-2010, 01:47 AM
I think both teams had high expectations of playing deep in the playoffs. Dallas was supposed to be the biggest threat to the Lakers and reach the NBA Finals while Cleveland was supposed to get to the Finals and win it all. Both teams have been eliminated prior to reaching the Conference Finals. So I ask you, Which of the two franchises was the bigger disappointment? Please, no LeBron James free agency talk. What FRANCHISE was more disappointing? I guess Denver can be considered too, I'll add them in the poll.

NYtilIdie
05-16-2010, 01:53 AM
The Mavs because according to Mavrix they were going to beat LA in 5 and then go onto win the Finals

COBY KARL
05-16-2010, 02:04 AM
Cleveland. Like most experts said, they were the best team in the league with the best player and they were supposed to win it all this year for the sake of keeping Lebron.

Preuss-is-right
05-16-2010, 02:04 AM
I had both in the finals.

-Big-Baby-
05-16-2010, 02:22 AM
What happen to Iraum ?

OnslaughtXX6
05-16-2010, 02:37 AM
He's not with us anymore.

PrettyBoyJ
05-16-2010, 02:58 AM
Cavs.. with all the hype about this being LeBron year.. and adding shaq to match up with Dwight Howard.. Then later adding Jamison.. Evry analyst wrote Cleveland in the Finals.. with all the LeBron FA tlk now its clear tht LBJ Not winning in cleveland was an upset in sports it self..

heathonater
05-16-2010, 03:16 AM
cleveland by far. they were the only team out of that group that i thought could win the title this year.

TopsyTurvy
05-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Denver was easily the most disappointing team this season. The Cavs loss potentially has long-term implications, but Denver was a team which lost its identity at the worst time possible. Considering the team easily had the best offense coming into the playoffs, for them to exit in the first round was shocking and disappointing.

abe_froman
05-16-2010, 03:37 AM
cle easily.they were one of the heavy title favs all year(only behind lakers)

LkrLand
05-16-2010, 03:41 AM
Cavs.. with all the hype about this being LeBron year.. and adding shaq to match up with Dwight Howard.. Then later adding Jamison.. Evry analyst wrote Cleveland in the Finals.. with all the LeBron FA tlk now its clear tht LBJ Not winning in cleveland was an upset in sports it self..

I think the fact that the Mavs didn't even make it past the first round is more disappointing. There was so much hype about them "adding the key pieces to a championship contender". They choked more than the Cavs in my opinion.

jackdawson
05-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Is that a joke or what?? It's easily Cleveland, the best record team in the league lost before reaching the finals. Mavs were not even the best team in the west.

abe_froman
05-16-2010, 04:00 AM
I think the fact that the Mavs didn't even make it past the first round is more disappointing. There was so much hype about them "adding the key pieces to a championship contender". They choked more than the Cavs in my opinion.

with the history of the mavs losing in the first round in 07 and 08(and choking away the finals in 06),they developed kind of a rep as playoff chokers..so it wasnt that surprising that it happened again

_KB24_
05-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Both were disappointing. I had the Celtics beating the Cavs before the series started and it is not that BIG of an upset considering how good the Celtics are, but the Mavs choking against the Spurs was shell-shocking, even for the choke artists of the NBA.

MTar786
05-16-2010, 07:00 AM
The Mavs because according to Mavrix they were going to beat LA in 5 and then go onto win the Finals

but that is just because mavrix is such a homer it brings out his most ******** side possible

thedfactor
05-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Is that a joke or what?? It's easily Cleveland, the best record team in the league lost before reaching the finals. Mavs were not even the best team in the west.Well for starters, the Mavs finished 2nd in a much tougher western conference.

And I go with the Mavs because their whole 10 straight seasons of 50 wins of more and zero titles to show for it blows.

This season many picked them to challenge the Lakers in the WCF, but they get ousted in the 1st rd for the third time in 4 years.

Dallas = disappointment.

kurivaimu
05-16-2010, 08:18 AM
To me its definately Dallas. I had them in the Western Conference finals with the Lakers..
I think the Cavs loosing the Celtics series, i mean Cavs were the favourites, but i never doubted the Celtics not having a chance. To me, before the series it was like 55% that Cavs win it, 45% that the Celtics do.
And seriously, i dont understand the media circus that is going around the Cavs-Celtics series. To say that Lebron and Cavs beat themselves and "Gave the series away"..thats nonsense. The Celtics just took it, played great team ball, knew how to defend the Cavs, and the latter just didnt have a soultion.

Reversed86Curse
05-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Mavs in a landslide- losing to the 7th seed (albeit a very good 7th seed) in the first round AGAIN, especially after getting Butler, is more shocking than the Lebrons losing to the C's in the 2nd round

m26555
05-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Dallas.

JordansBulls
05-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Cleveland for sure. Best Record two years in a row and the first time ever a team had the best record 2 consecutive years without a title.

Raph12
05-16-2010, 10:02 AM
The Cavs were the most disappointing, they were the favs, the Mavs were never really that good and Denver was playing without a coach and with a beatup Kmart, nobody expected much from those teams.

pistonsfanomg
05-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Cleveland

I honestly thought they would go all the way and that David Stern would make sure that happened

But I guess the NBA is not rigging this year which is good.

But yeah I liked how Lebron said congrats to the Boston Players

I guess that's what David Stern and Lebron was talking about last year when he said he wanted to meet with Lebron after Orlando beat the Cavaliers and Lebron stormed off the court.

Lebron101
05-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Cleveland Lost against Boston that sucks, On july 1st LeBron can go to the bulls and win it next year

AirCanada15ORL
05-16-2010, 01:29 PM
I got mixed feelings.

Dallas- They got so much fricken hype after the trade. So many "experts" chose them to be WCF lock, and many picked them in Finals. All these dam Dallas fans on here were talking them up to the max as well. Deep down I honestly thought they were gonna lose to the Spurs. I just had that gut feeling. 1st round exit with 2nd seed and max hype, stacked team? 90/100 on the disappointment scale. 50 from me

Denver- I was a fool and actually thought they were gonna bounce back in playoffs. All season I thought they were gonna step up and have a tough WCF with LA. I thought the Nuggets were scary, and they were hot throughout the season up until the end. Little effort and early exit? Dissapointment 65/100, 75 from me.

Cleaveland- Wow. I had this feeling from the beginning that they were so dam overrated once again. All this hype to the max again, non stop Lebron and Cavs are gonna win it all talk. 70% of ppl on PSD felt Cavs 2010 champs. 80% of experts, could be more, picked Cavs winning it all. I still thought they were overrated. But the hype GOT TO ME. I started getting all nervous and scurred that the Cavs might actually pull out and go to the finals. Fricken ESPN and their record actually convinced me. All I can say is LOL. And huge choke job. Dissapointment 100/100. 95 from me.

Lol at Lebron.

Hawkeye15
05-16-2010, 01:33 PM
well, since San Antonio was healthy, it should have been clear that series was up for grabs, and in fact, many had SA winning it. Denver had no coach, and their leadership suffered because of that, so I wasn't expecting them to do much. Cleveland literally gave up, was outcoached, their role players mostly nonexistant, and their star unconcerned. They literally showed they are a regular season team with no toughness when it comes to the playoffs. They were by far and away the biggest disappointment. If LJ stays, and Brown stays, I will not look at them as a contender until proven otherwise, even if they win 60 games again.

Raidaz4Life
05-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Dallas for me, I thought they'd have a cakewalk against the Spurs.

Hawkeye15
05-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Dallas's point differential, and constant play to the level of their competition suggested to anyone who understands basketball statistics that their record was overinflated.
Denver is like a glass jar. So many personalities, it needs their leader.

RocketsRule
05-16-2010, 01:39 PM
I'd say CLE.

It's actually a pretty tough choice, but considering the importance of this playoffs to the Cleveland organization, it was a total let down.

shep33
05-16-2010, 01:54 PM
I never understood why the Mavs were so hyped, don't get me wrong they're a good team but really what have they proved even after the trade? They had a long winning streak but were also very inconsistent, and their D was not that good. I think people forget how close the west was this year... we look at LA and Phoenix, and I bet it'd surprise people that they were only seperated by 3 losses.

Answer has to be the Cavs.. they looked so dominant in the regular season, they had great team chemistry, the league MVP, the best record, great shooters, good defense, but in the end they played terrible down the stretch against Boston.

Denver is another team, but people forget that they didn't have their head coach, who is one of the best coaches in the league, plus they had numerous injuries. Melo was ridiculous against the Jazz, but they didn't look sharp at all.

Still i think Cavs is the answer.

CNIELD
05-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Dallas only because they got rocked by a Spurs team that got swept the series after. Cleveland wasn't going to get into the finals with anyways...Orlando had their number and the Celtics are healthy

RadiantShot
05-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure. Both were facing former Champions. I'd say Cleveland though. Dallas' loss was upsetting to the fans, but it should have been expected. They choked, and they were going up against former NBA Champions. Cleveland on the other hand was in the same position, but I think Boston was just the better team, in that scenario.

sventhedog
05-16-2010, 11:11 PM
cavs - best regular season record. period.

cr00zi3
05-16-2010, 11:12 PM
When the Bulls got booted i was really hoping for the nuggets to go places. obviously everyone knows the outcome lol

dodie53
05-16-2010, 11:15 PM
LBJ (mvp)
+ shaq + jamison,
+ winning record,
= fail (still)
disappointing!

SteveNash
05-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Mavericks.

At least Cleveland lost to a good team.

Truheatfan
05-16-2010, 11:35 PM
cavs by far, denver fell of at the end of the season and the mavs are soft.

LkrLand
05-17-2010, 02:19 AM
with the history of the mavs losing in the first round in 07 and 08(and choking away the finals in 06),they developed kind of a rep as playoff chokers..so it wasnt that surprising that it happened again

I think you can also say the same thing about Lebron and the Cavs. Just my opinion. Also, the Celtics have proven to be a better team than most gave them credit for, whereas, the Spurs kind of showed that they simply aren't at that elite level anymore.

bigmac8675
05-17-2010, 03:47 AM
They all were pretty disappointing....

Jenceman
05-17-2010, 03:54 AM
Cleveland. Two straight years of having the number one seed and 60+ wins, and couldn't even get to the finals either time.

The Mavs choked as expected.

Tblaze
05-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Dallas. I felt like the Cavs would be out before the finals.. the way they went out last year..

todu82
05-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Cleveland, they had the best record in the league and you had to think it was their year.

spoonhoops
05-17-2010, 10:19 AM
A few years ago Dallas I would have chosen as more disappointing, but knowing what we do now about the Mavs, I expect them to lose early in the playoffs now. Cleveland, on the other hand had a great talented team and they still couldn't get it done. Sure, they played a rejuvenated Celtics team, but they have the best regular season player in the league.

akay47
05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Dallas and Denver were bigger disappointments, Cleveland at least reached the 2nd round, both Dallas & Denver were upset in the first, that's a much bigger disappointment. But everyone here is going to say Cleveland because of this odd hatred towards LeBron & the Cavs.

tp13baby
05-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Dallas and Denver were bigger disappointments, Cleveland at least reached the 2nd round, both Dallas & Denver were upset in the first, that's a much bigger disappointment. But everyone here is going to say Cleveland because of this odd hatred towards LeBron & the Cavs.

Denver's collapse was mostly due to Karl. But they did play bad.

Dallas was very surprising. I thought Mavrix siad they were going to win it all.? They had a really good team. Biggest disappointment.

Cleveland i never believed they were as good as their record. You can't win it all with one player.

jdmd3
05-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Cleveland of course

RaiderLakersA's
05-17-2010, 11:30 AM
I have to say it's a tie between Dallas or Denver. I wasn't expecting the Cavs to go all the way. I thought the Magic would/will. But Dallas seemed to make the right moves at the deadline. I never saw them getting one and done'd by the Spurs.