PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Would Consider Signing With Nets

phlp_bj
05-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Shaquille O'Neal will be a free agent this summer and has already proclaimed that he plans to continue his career.

O'Neal, a Newark native, told the New York Post that he would certainly consider signing with the Nets.

He praised the new Prudential Center and said he would rather the team not move to Brooklyn in 2013.

"I think it's better than most arenas, I think it's one of the best arenas in the country," O'Neal said. "Hopefully they can stay there forever. I don't know what's going on with the Brooklyn situation, but it says a lot for the city of Newark."

It's considered doubtful that the Cavaliers will re-sign O'Neal.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/new_jersey_shaq_Zaa9VjZtM29skkU7lpEyRM

SaimoNETS
05-15-2010, 06:21 PM
No thanks

abe_froman
05-15-2010, 06:29 PM
i'm sure he'd love that,retire with home team...but what the hell do they need him for?

TheRazorboy
05-15-2010, 06:33 PM
I would consider signing with Nets too. It would make only slightly less sense for them.

The Flash
05-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Shaq should be BOOED everywhere he plays from now on

marlinsfan24
05-15-2010, 06:38 PM
I hope no one signs Shaq. Stupid fat *** doesn't deserve a job.

_KB24_
05-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Could be a good thing for Lopez. I don't want Shaq to retire, I would love for him to come back to LA as a backup.

krest213
05-15-2010, 07:16 PM
i would take Shaq in SA next to Timmy. I'll gave him 6minutes a quarter just to save him for playoff time.. Shaq and Timmy would be a nightmare for guys in the paint.

Jahari Kavi
05-15-2010, 07:25 PM
if this means getting lebron you do it if you're NJ....shaq and lopez would be nice down low.....harris, lee, and bron.......might still have money for another allstar caliber player....

AirCanada15ORL
05-15-2010, 07:28 PM
This might sound crazy but OMG!

Pair up thee Shaquille O Neil with Lebron in NJ!!!!

He could come up with a slogan like, "win a ring for the king."
I mean Kobe-Shaq, Wade-Shaq all winning rings. You know Lebron and Shaq would win like 3 rings together

abe_froman
05-15-2010, 07:29 PM
if this means getting lebron you do it if you're NJ....shaq and lopez would be nice down low.....harris, lee, and bron.......might still have money for another allstar caliber player....

i can see shaq following lebron around,but not the other way around.i dont see him having any influence on where lebron would go

iggypop123
05-15-2010, 07:57 PM
i would take Shaq in SA next to Timmy. I'll gave him 6minutes a quarter just to save him for playoff time.. Shaq and Timmy would be a nightmare for guys in the paint.

they would be an opponents dream come true in pick and roll situations

ldc62
05-15-2010, 08:27 PM

Never gonna happen. Shaq has a huge ego and will want 1 more ring than Tim.

Wow please no... I'm a huge John Wall fan and if he goes to the Nets I really don't wanna watch Shaq play.

King Henrik
05-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Shaq is going exactly where Lebron is going. No debate about it.

PHX2daDEATH
05-15-2010, 08:47 PM
he'll jump onto a CONTENDER not the friggin nets.. are you kidding me

MU and UW Fan
05-15-2010, 08:52 PM
He will want to return to LA but Kobe wont let it happen.

RadiantShot
05-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't think Shaq's been tested once his entire career, in terms of being alone. He's slipped by with great teams, and Top 5 Players for as long as he's been in this league. If he went to the Nets, it would be interesting to see what he does. Doubt it though. Maybe if LeBron went. ;)

The Flash
05-15-2010, 08:53 PM
How long before Shaq will start talking smack about Cleveland?

jackdawson
05-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Shaq to desperate Knicks with a max contract--first man in nba history with a max contract at the age of 38...lol.

In all seriousness, I would love to see him go back to LA and retire there, but that ballhog will never let it happen.

Raph12
05-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Shaq will want to sign anywhere Lebron goes...

RadiantShot
05-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah, what Raph said. He's following LeBron till' he dies.

P-Willie M.V.P.
05-15-2010, 09:25 PM
How long before Shaq will start talking smack about Cleveland?

probably once he signs with a new team. :shrug:

Jah king
05-15-2010, 09:26 PM

thats one Bad *** dude..

AI4MVP
05-15-2010, 09:28 PM
two years ago, Shaqs last year with PHX, he was a top two center inthis league. I dont know if everyone really realized it, but me being a suns fan and watching him play on a night to night basis, he was right there. Still offensively unstoppable and got 10 boards. the second half of the year he averaged 20 and 10. This year with cleveland he just didnt get into a good rythm. i think going to NJ would be good for him.

CowboysKB24
05-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Could be a good thing for Lopez. I don't want Shaq to retire, I would love for him to come back to LA as a backup.

I don't think so. Shaq was great when he was here, but I don't think Kobe or Phil would want him back. This is Kobe's team now. Why give Shaq more bling when it isn't really deserved.

CowboysKB24
05-15-2010, 10:13 PM
two years ago, Shaqs last year with PHX, he was a top two center inthis league. I dont know if everyone really realized it, but me being a suns fan and watching him play on a night to night basis, he was right there. Still offensively unstoppable and got 10 boards. the second half of the year he averaged 20 and 10. This year with cleveland he just didnt get into a good rythm. i think going to NJ would be good for him.

Probably because Mike Brown and Company have no idea what they are doing. LeBron ran the team IMO. That is how it felt. They were a great team but they could have been better

iFYouSeekAmy
05-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Curry/Ellis/Lebron = beast

LOL @ fantasy

PrettyBoyJ
05-16-2010, 12:22 AM
If they the Nets cud pick him up after makin all the major moves why not pick him up not like he's goin after money.. if he is he wont get it so might as well jus take the vteran minimum and retire

hugepatsfan
05-16-2010, 12:24 AM
I don't think Shaq's been tested once his entire career, in terms of being alone. He's slipped by with great teams, and Top 5 Players for as long as he's been in this league. If he went to the Nets, it would be interesting to see what he does. Doubt it though. Maybe if LeBron went. ;)

In MIA w/ Wade this was the case. But in ORL and LAL (until the end), Shaq was the top 5 player and his teamates were the ones "slipping by."

sventhedog
05-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Shaq will want to sign anywhere Lebron goes...

so nearing retirement when all shaq wants is to win the title, he will want to join someone who wants something else? lol.

JOSKOMANG4
05-16-2010, 12:56 AM
We're a high-pace team now.. no need to slow down.. I'd offer him a job on the coaching staff; dude can help out both Lopez & Boone alot.

JOSKOMANG4
05-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Regarding Lebron. Nets!

1) Sign Lebron to max contract( 19.5 mill per season)

2) Sign Carlos Boozer 5yr 70mill( 14.0mil per season)

3) Draft John Wall(PG) , Lance Stephenson(SG), and a Center.

Lineup:

C) Lopez / Boone / Draftee
PF) Boozer/ Yi/Humphries
SF) T.Williams/ CDR4
SG) Lebron James / C.Lee / L.Stephenson
PG) D.Harris / J.Wall

Jahari Kavi
05-16-2010, 03:09 AM
Regarding Lebron. Nets!

1) Sign Lebron to max contract( 19.5 mill per season)

2) Sign Carlos Boozer 5yr 70mill( 14.0mil per season)

3) Draft John Wall(PG) , Lance Stephenson(SG), and a Center.

Lineup:

C) Lopez / Boone / Draftee
PF) Boozer/ Yi/Humphries
SF) T.Williams/ CDR4
SG) Lebron James / C.Lee / L.Stephenson
PG) D.Harris / J.Wall

carlos boozer sucks against anyone over 6'10 ....I'd go after Shaq before Boozer, because he cost less and gives u a solid center...slide lopez down to the PF, put Lebron at SF, possibly sign Joe Johnson at SG, Harris at PG ......that team would be dangerous

Chill_Will_24
05-16-2010, 02:44 PM
carlos boozer sucks against anyone over 6'10 ....I'd go after Shaq before Boozer, because he cost less and gives u a solid center...slide lopez down to the PF, put Lebron at SF, possibly sign Joe Johnson at SG, Harris at PG ......that team would be dangerous

Lopez a PF????? Joe Johnson? So glad your not our GM