PDA

View Full Version : The Official Joe Johnson FA Speculation Thread

JordansBulls
05-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Where is he going?

Rumors were spreading that he may go to Chicago or Miami or NYK.

chitownbulls
05-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I want Johnson if we can't get bron bron or Wade. Just hope he shows up in Playoffs.

*Silver&Black*
05-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Where is he going?

Rumors were spreading that he may go to Chicago or Miami or NYK.

Why don't anyone ever give a player's team an option? He could stay you know. So can Lebron, Wade, Bosh. It prob won't happen but it would be funny if all 4 stayed put.

Kakaroach
05-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Most likely New York or a return to Atlanta. The Clippers and Nets also have a shot at him.

infamouskrs
05-14-2010, 11:49 PM
enjoyed watching him in ATL. i just hope, if he goes, that he does the franchise a favor and agrees to a "sign and trade". we did him a favor putting him in the drivers seat of his own offense...the least he can do is help us net something back as an act of appreciation.

i can hope right? :sigh:

_KB24_
05-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Who? The same guy who choked in the playoffs and called out his own fans and not giving a ****? Or the other Joe Johnson ;)

Yankees Suck
05-14-2010, 11:55 PM
I think Joe Johnson should sign with the Nets. That way next season the Nets will total 20 wins.

jjfan122
05-15-2010, 12:11 AM
:pray: i'm praying that he stays in the atl and hopefully they can get a good coach

tangent12
05-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Poor Joe Johnson, i almost forgot about him. :laugh2:

RocketsRule
05-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Pretty much anyone who misses out on the top tier free agents.

abe_froman
05-15-2010, 12:33 AM
the heat have to be the favorites right now,after that i'll go ny(if they miss on lebron),or a s+t with someone who failed to live up to expectations this year(dal,den,ect...someone like that)

infamouskrs
05-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Who? The same guy who choked in the playoffs and called out his own fans and not giving a ****? Or the other Joe Johnson ;)

i knew he was gonna catch alot of flack about his playoff performance....but make no mistake...the guy has got some serious game. his shoulders were just worn out from all the weight that was put on them in the regular season. he was a product of horrible coaching against superior gameplans. ATLANTA WAS NOT PREPARED-PERIOD !

in no way..can we blame all 4 "L's" on Joe. i was just as disappointed as the next fan that he wasn't the superhero he was all season. but outside of Dwight...our roster, on paper, was superior to Orlando's squad. this all points back to one thing --> the head coach !

so...with the 2010 playoffs disappearing act...or his response to the boo-ing from the rude home fans following the last loss...or his introverted personality on the court...he's still a top 15 player in this league who's gonna make some team very happy next year. :nod:

my honest guess...is alongside Wade in sunny Miami. beautiful women...wonderful weather...white sandy beaches...and Pat Riley ~

SAM I AM
05-15-2010, 01:01 AM
i throw Boston in the mix as well becuase Ray Allen is leaving boston and they need a SG

dodie53
05-15-2010, 03:15 AM
how is Ray Allen leaving boston?

abe_froman
05-15-2010, 03:27 AM
how is Ray Allen leaving boston?

maybe they think;well he's up there in years,maybe instead of keeping him around we just go younger

JordansBulls
05-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Joe Johnson hates Atlanta and they dislike him as well.

Raidaz4Life
05-15-2010, 10:34 AM

yeah I stopped caring at this point

Big Game Son
05-15-2010, 11:01 AM
If this guy doesn't leave Atlanta hes a poor decision maker. That team is destine for regular success and poor playoff showings. J Smith stinks, Evans stinks and Bibby im sure regrets goint here in the sense of..... wtf is this organization doing.

GrumpyOldMan
05-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Out of the 3 options in the post I think the Knicks makes the most sense for him. Chicago's backcourt looks fine without him, and if Miami retains Wade they will have greater needs than a guard. The Knicks could really use him.

ugafan
05-15-2010, 12:11 PM

That's a very brash and uninformed statement.

Lord Leoshes
05-15-2010, 01:00 PM
If the heat cant get Bron, & get one of Bosh/Amare, JJ would be a great 3rd option.

Chalmers
Wade
JJ
Bosh/Amare
Anthony

JordansBulls
05-15-2010, 02:50 PM
That's a very brash and uninformed statement.

He already said he didn't like the crowd and the crowd even booed him quite often in the series vs Orlando.

Kakaroach
05-15-2010, 02:54 PM
He already said he didn't like the crowd and the crowd even booed him quite often in the series vs Orlando. They booed the whole team, but you still can't make that judgement based on 2 games when they loved him just a series earlier.

Either way, that isn't the way you wanna go into free agency. I think he is New York bound.

JordansBulls
05-15-2010, 02:57 PM
They booed the whole team, but you still can't make that judgement based on 2 games when they loved him just a series earlier.

Either way, that isn't the way you wanna go into free agency. I think he is New York bound.

I can easily see Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer in NY next year with a fresh Mcgrady.

Imagine

PG Duhon
SG Joe Johnson
SF Mcgrady
PF C.Boozer
C David Lee

*Silver&Black*
05-15-2010, 03:03 PM

Like how Kobe threw a player on his own team under the bus a few years ago and wanted to leave L.A.? Or the Kobe who likes to cheat on his wife? ;) Or how about the Kobe who likes to dress up as E.T.?

Yankees Suck
05-15-2010, 04:56 PM
I can easily see Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer in NY next year with a fresh Mcgrady.

Imagine

PG Duhon
SG Joe Johnson
SF Mcgrady
PF C.Boozer
C David Lee

^ Yes I could imagine it. I could also imagine the Knicks doing what they do best and continue to lose.

JordansBulls
05-15-2010, 06:11 PM
^ Yes I could imagine it. I could also imagine the Knicks doing what they do best and continue to lose.

Not with that lineup.

pistonsfanomg
05-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Wow Chicago fans wants everyone lol

pistonsfanomg
05-15-2010, 08:57 PM

lol Duhon running the point

What a joke

Knicks should at least try to sign Will Bynum or something lol not Duhon

kozelkid
05-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow Chicago fans wants everyone lol

Umm no. A good number of Chicago fans want nothing to do with him. Overrated, inefficient, doesn't get to the line nearly enough, chokes, and not young either. Some team is going regret giving him a big contract. What's funny is that people don't realize just how identical his stats at this age are to Jalen Rose's at the same age.

You tell me which one is which.
Age 28, 20.5p 5.0r 6.0a 45.7%fg 17.8PER
Age 28, 21.5p 4.7r 4.7a 45.8%fg 19.1PER

Players like Jalen and Joe shouldn't get more than 14mil MAYBE 15 for a couple years, especially by age 28. Sadly, he'll likely get max.

What he should be is a third option. And I think Miami will go for him. They'll likely overpay in the process, but I guess it would be worth it for them if they can keep Wade and add Boozer, Bosh or Amare.

clutchski
05-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Why don't anyone ever give a player's team an option? He could stay you know. So can Lebron, Wade, Bosh. It prob won't happen but it would be funny if all 4 stayed put.

I hope that happens..at least one is bound to move but it would be funny :laugh2:

kurtismurray
05-15-2010, 09:22 PM
I could see Utah making a run at Joe Johnson. Although they couldn't sign him in free agency, a sign and trade could work. Possibly a Andrei Kirilenko and a future first round pick for Joe Johnson signing at about $15 million per season. AK's contract expires next off-season and would allow Atlanta to rebuild then to become a deeper, younger team. Utah would obviously benefit because they're in desperate need of a consistent scorer.

PG. Deron Williams/Ronnie Price
SG. Joe Johnson, Wesley Matthews
SF. CJ Miles/Xavier Henry (2010 pick)
PF. Carlos Boozer/ Paul Millsap
C. Mehmet Okur/Kyrlo Fesenko

infamouskrs
05-15-2010, 10:45 PM
I could see Utah making a run at Joe Johnson. Although they couldn't sign him in free agency, a sign and trade could work. Possibly a Andrei Kirilenko and a future first round pick for Joe Johnson signing at about $15 million per season. AK's contract expires next off-season and would allow Atlanta to rebuild then to become a deeper, younger team. Utah would obviously benefit because they're in desperate need of a consistent scorer.

PG. Deron Williams/Ronnie Price
SG. Joe Johnson, Wesley Matthews
SF. CJ Miles/Xavier Henry (2010 pick)
PF. Carlos Boozer/ Paul Millsap
C. Mehmet Okur/Kyrlo Fesenko

as a Hawks fan...this has got be to the most intelligent thing post that i've seen mentioned so far. expect the fact that i don't believe Boozer will be back. i would be all over this "sign and trade" in a heartbeat~:cheers:

the best part of the equation, besides the first round pick, for the Hawks would be that Joe would be shipped to the West like Jason Terry was. i'd really hate to see him on an Eastern Conference team come playoff time...if the situation presented itself with his new squad !

infamouskrs
05-15-2010, 11:02 PM
and now to the "airhead" posts that didn't receive any real thought before the "enter" button was pressed....

i throw Boston in the mix as well becuase Ray Allen is leaving boston and they need a SG

have you watched the playoffs this year?:facepalm:

this is just laughable. you're obviously upset the Bulls are still a step below the Hawks. the city of Atlanta luvs this guy. :bs:

If this guy doesn't leave Atlanta hes a poor decision maker. That team is destine for regular success and poor playoff showings. J Smith stinks, Evans stinks and Bibby im sure regrets goint here in the sense of..... wtf is this organization doing.

Josh is one of the best players in the league when it comes to filling up ALL of the stats lines in a game. "stinks"...o-k buddy...put down the vodka bottle.:drunk:

JordansBulls
05-16-2010, 01:42 AM
this is just laughable. you're obviously upset the Bulls are still a step below the Hawks. the city of Atlanta luvs this guy. :bs:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483752

DreamShaker
05-16-2010, 02:55 AM
He should go to the Clippers...they would be ridiculous if Griffin pans out...

sacgiants1213
05-16-2010, 02:55 AM
It would be nice if Sac could pick him up. I think he'd be a good fit alongside Tyreke Evans.

JordansBulls
05-16-2010, 09:49 AM
He should go to the Clippers...they would be ridiculous if Griffin pans out...

Do they have cap room?

infamouskrs
05-16-2010, 10:13 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483752

you're still posting your opinion off of a poorly written opinion of some writer. "fans directed some of their boos toward Johnson"...come on, how does this writer know that? i'm sure they were just as pissed off as i was...and i was screaming for Woodson's head (set up a play already) !:mad:

if you really want to say the city of Atlanta "hates" him...you really don't know ATLANTA basketball. just don't post crap like that without real proof~

_Supreme_
05-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Do they have cap room?

The Clippers only have a cap amount of $33,5M this offseason, so more than enough room for a max free agent.

They are my dark horse for Lebron if he doesn't stay with Cleveland or sign with Wade & the HEAT.

However Joe Johnson doesn't make sense for them with Baron Davis at pg and Eric Gordon at sg.

Kakaroach
05-16-2010, 10:52 AM
The Clippers only have a cap amount of $33,5M this offseason, so more than enough room for a max free agent.

They are my dark horse for Lebron if he doesn't stay with Cleveland or sign with Wade & the HEAT.

However Joe Johnson doesn't make sense for them with Baron Davis at pg and Eric Gordon at sg. Yeah that would be a weird spot with the Clippers. Maybe bring Eric Gordon off of the bench? Still, it would be tough to get all 3 of those guys the minutes they deserve. Maybe even play JJ at the 3 spot.

JordansBulls
05-16-2010, 12:33 PM
you're still posting your opinion off of a poorly written opinion of some writer. "fans directed some of their boos toward Johnson"...come on, how does this writer know that? i'm sure they were just as pissed off as i was...and i was screaming for Woodson's head (set up a play already) !:mad:

if you really want to say the city of Atlanta "hates" him...you really don't know ATLANTA basketball. just don't post crap like that without real proof~

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/wan/1734814253.html

Link (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/johnson_booed_out_of_atlanta_AcsxKdFR84Alkkct28kmi K)

Joe Johnson's stint in Atlanta certainly appears over. Johnson got booed by the Atlanta crowd after being yanked with four minutes left tonight as Orlando swept the Hawks out of the playoffs. He just may have been booed out of Georgia.

It is hard to imagine him coming back after his recent comments about the fans.

Johnson, a four-time All-Star, stunk out Philips Arena again, finishing out a dreadful playoff run that could cost him a maximum free-agent contract. The Hawks were completely humiliated by the Magic in this four-game, second-round sweep, ending in Game 4's 98-84 Magic rout.

The Hawks were outscored by 101 points in the four games and Johnson didn't exactly look like the Knicks' franchise savior.

Johnson was 5 of 15 tonight after going 3 of 15 Saturday as he continued a seven-game playoff slump. Johnson was booed Saturday after which he ticked off the home fans afterward by saying, “That doesn’t bother me, and I hope it doesn’t bother anyone in this locker room. It’s about us in this locker room. We could care less if [fans] showed up.”

Mike D'Antoni, who coached Johnson in Phoenix, loves the guy. Agent Arn Tellem would love his client to be the leading man on Broadway. But as I've written,if this two-year push to open salaray-cap space nets Johnson and a re-signing of David Lee, I would ask for a do-over.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=348172

B33lo
05-16-2010, 12:40 PM
The Clippers only makes since when it come to the city, other than that he will not want to go to the clippers unless all else fails. Only play I see him moving is Miami unless he follows another big name free agent somewhere. The Clippers are not going to win a ring anytime soon and that's what he wants. I truely believe that he is going to be a #2 man on a team who already has a superstar. I actually see him leaving Atlanta on S&T before anyone else besides maybe Bosh.

jwn0303
05-16-2010, 12:58 PM
JB... you are basing waaaay too much into one comment after a blowout loss.. the city of Atlanta would love him back.. and welcome him with open arms.. along with an actual coach for a change

That being said.. if he gets a max.. hoping for a sign and trade

netsgiantsyanks
05-16-2010, 01:24 PM
you stole my thread idea dammit:mad::mad:

lol

netsgiantsyanks
05-16-2010, 01:25 PM
I think Joe Johnson should sign with the Nets. That way next season the Nets will total 20 wins.

:facepalm:signing joe johnson would kill the whole point of what the nets were doing the last couple of years

HOZ THE KNICK
05-16-2010, 01:43 PM
I hope that happens..at least one is bound to move but it would be funny :laugh2:I WOULD BE MAD AS ALL HELL :mad:

JordansBulls
05-16-2010, 04:53 PM
:facepalm:signing joe johnson would kill the whole point of what the nets were doing the last couple of years

It would kill what the Knicks and Bulls were doing as well.

RaptorizedKevin
05-16-2010, 05:32 PM
who wants joe johnson? like seriously. hes just a fame craving player who cracks in the playoffs and cannnot lead his team, and can only emabress them and make fans upset. he shouldnt get more than 12 mil imo. but because of this whole 2010 cap stuff he iwll get alot f money. anyone besides wade and lebron do not deserve a max money contract. Bosh is a loser, he thinks hes gonna get a max, hes lucky the heat have cap.

JordansBulls
05-16-2010, 07:23 PM
who wants joe johnson? like seriously. hes just a fame craving player who cracks in the playoffs and cannnot lead his team, and can only emabress them and make fans upset. he shouldnt get more than 12 mil imo. but because of this whole 2010 cap stuff he iwll get alot f money. anyone besides wade and lebron do not deserve a max money contract. Bosh is a loser, he thinks hes gonna get a max, hes lucky the heat have cap.

People still want Joe Johnson.

BTW, you have Bosh in a Bulls uniform wearing #4. If he came to Chicago he would have to change his number.

superkegger
05-16-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm going out on a limb and saying Minnesota.

JordansBulls
05-18-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm going out on a limb and saying Minnesota.

How much money do they have?

jwn0303
05-19-2010, 01:54 AM
They have a shade over 35M on the books for next season..

JordansBulls
05-19-2010, 08:52 AM
They have a shade over 35M on the books for next season..

They would need a bit more than JJ. Who else would go there?

OT Thriller
05-19-2010, 02:26 PM
People saying joe johnson isn't a good player just doesn't watch basketball. He is a great player and he'll get a good contract from a team that misses out on Wade or Lebron. My guess: New Jersey because I don't think they'll get Wade or Lebron.

gmm902
05-19-2010, 03:08 PM
joe has had it in ATL i think but he could go anywhere but he may not get the money or deal he wants due to his shotty performance in the playoffs this year

J-Relo
05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
sign and trade with Wizards?

nycsports2
05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
knicks along with bosh(unless bron)

magichatnumber9
05-19-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't want my team to bother with this guy. We drafted him, and should of kept him but now,, no thanks

JordansBulls
05-19-2010, 04:04 PM
sign and trade with Wizards?

For Arenas.

JordansBulls
05-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I don't want my team to bother with this guy. We drafted him, and should of kept him but now,, no thanks

Why would the Celtics go after him anyway?

netsgiantsyanks
05-22-2010, 10:11 AM
People saying joe johnson isn't a good player just doesn't watch basketball. He is a great player and he'll get a good contract from a team that misses out on Wade or Lebron. My guess: New Jersey because I don't think they'll get Wade or Lebron.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: i already said signing joe johnson will kill the whole point of what the nets are trying to do

JordansBulls
05-22-2010, 06:28 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: i already said signing joe johnson will kill the whole point of what the nets are trying to do

Wouldn't that apply to NY, Miami and Chicago as well?

Sixerlover
05-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Joe Johnson is a perfect 2nd signing for the teams with extreme cap space. He shouldn't be any of their first options.

JordansBulls
05-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Joe Johnson is a perfect 2nd signing for the teams with extreme cap space. He shouldn't be any of their first options.

It depends if the team already has an elite player already or not.

Jaji
05-22-2010, 08:43 PM
He should go to Chicago with LeBron.

drobe86
05-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Joe is a quiet guy and won't embrace a huge city like chi, or ny. Joe will end up in Miami or NJ. Book it....

JordansBulls
05-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Joe is a quiet guy and won't embrace a huge city like chi, or ny. Joe will end up in Miami or NJ. Book it....

How exactly is Miami not a huge city?

JordansBulls
05-29-2010, 12:46 AM
He should go to Chicago with LeBron.

:nod:

cav_till_i_die
05-29-2010, 03:34 AM

:facepalm:

Lord Leoshes
05-29-2010, 03:37 AM
Just read this, then MODs merge it if you want.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...1153098.column

Dwyane Wade confirmed plans for a summer summit involving the NBA's top free-agent players to discuss their plans. So inside an ocean-side penthouse resort suite

LeBron James: "OK, fellas, where we playing?''

Wade: "By we, you mean "

LeBron: "You and me, first of all."

Wade: "Every game will be a two-ring circus!"

Chris Bosh: "You mean a three-ring circus?"

Wade: "We'll be Batman and Batman!"

Chris Bosh: "And Robin."

Wade: "We'll be Starsky and Starsky!"

Bosh: "And Hutch."

Joe Johnson: "What about "The Four Horsemen!?"

LeBron: "Uh, can you get me a drink, Joe?"

Wade: "And one for me while you're out?"

Johnson (leaving): "Again, fellas?"

Wade: "OK, let's go over the options."

LeBron: "Well, New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov says he'll give us some Russian oil rigs."

Wade: "But the Nets play in Newark."

LeBron: "Right. What about Chicago?"

Wade: "That comes with the ex-wife factor."

LeBron: "Cleveland?"

Wade: " Now you're scaring me."

LeBron: "Kidding!"

Wade: "OK, what about New York?"

LeBron: "Tabloid hell. Besides, the jury's out on their management."

Wade: "Don't mention juries to me."

LeBron: "All right. Let's talk about the supporting cast Pat Riley has assembled for us over the past few years with the Heat."

(Pause.)

Wade: "Hmm."

(Longer pause.)

Wade: "On the plus side, there's no state income tax in Florida. That's a few more million a year for you right there."

LeBron: "Hey, my decision isn't about money."

(Laughter from everyone.)

LeBron: "Or personal statistics."

(More laughter.)

LeBron: "I'm only thinking about winning!"

(Even more laughter.)

Wade: "Let's talk money. The Heat can sign two maximum contract players, then dump Michael Beasley for a draft pick I'd say Memphis, since they have three first-round picks and then pay a third free agent $13 million a year."

Bosh: "Count me in on that."

Wade: "You get the $13 million, Chris."

Bosh: "Count me out the door to New York."

Wade: "What if we divide everything up."

LeBron: "Evenly?"

Bosh: "Can we do that?"

LeBron: "Give me the phone. I'll ask David Stern."

Wade: "Don't make him call you, "Commissioner" again, OK?"

LeBron: "I'll tell him I'm considering Oklahoma City."

Wade: "Make sure he's taken his medicine first."

LeBron: "And I won't say we're meeting. He warned us not to have a summit. He might discipline us."

(Laughter from everyone.)

Bosh: "Who do we want as coach?"

Wade and LeBron: "Who cares?"

Bosh: "Let's leak we want Phil Jackson just to so we can play that drinking game with his name on ESPN again."

LeBron: "Anything else?"

Wade: "One more thing. NBA Finals. Game 7. Last possession. Clock running down. Who gets the last shot?"

LeBron: "I don't think there's any doubt about that, do you?"

Wade: "Nope."

LeBron: "Glad we agree."

Wade: "Me, too."

LeBron: "It's about winning."

Wade: "No 'I' in team."

(Pause.)

LeBron: "I'll call Stern now."

Wade: "Good idea."

J-Relo
05-29-2010, 03:56 AM
stupidity

ldc62
05-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Not bad... but maybe thats because I'm tired and wasted.

Nirvanaskurdt
05-29-2010, 06:53 AM
^ lol :laugh:

Badluck33
05-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Lol.

Cavs_Fan24
05-29-2010, 07:51 AM
I like how joe johnson wasnt involved whatsoever lol

Chill_Will_24
05-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Poor attempt at humor.

Chill_Will_24
05-29-2010, 08:47 AM
My 2010 offseason preenactment was funnier:

Knicks- "Oh hey Lebron! How are you? I wanted to know if you had reached a decision on joining our team? I know our guys are inconsistent and mediocre but playing along with a superstar of your caliber, i have a feeling they might become solid pieces someday.

Lebron- "Well i have many options on the table, and i just wanna win."
Knicks- "Well we have the CAP room to sign you another max guy..."
Lebron- "Really?! Who?"
Knicks- "Well... Who do you want?"
Lebron- "Ok... i like Bosh. I think we could compliment each other..."
Knicks- "Done!"
Lebron- "Really?..."
Knicks- "Weeeeeellll... actually... We were hoping you could convince him to come..."
Lebron- "........"
Knicks- "Lebron?..."
Lebron- "Yea, im here... i just... Listen i would prefer to just sign with another team. Your team is not in a position to contend. Basically your gonna be putting your entire franshise on my shoulders like the Cavs, and thats already a proven way to lose..."

Knicks- "But Leb--!"
Lebron- "The Bulls and Nets already have a good roster for me to join with proven coaches that actually like defense. Ill see you guys next year when i light MSG up for 66pts against the Knicks. Good Luck."

Knicks- "Hey Joe!... Listen... Lebrons overrated... You still want that max deal?..."

JordansBulls
05-29-2010, 09:07 AM
:facepalm:

:)

Mplsman
05-29-2010, 12:13 PM
He'll go to a contender.

JordansBulls
05-29-2010, 01:52 PM
He'll go to a contender.

Can we say Chicago is a contender?

footballer2369
05-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Not close.

hawks4
05-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Josh Smith sucks? Haha. Wow that's news to me. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

JordansBulls
05-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Not close.

Why not? A top 4 team is a contender is it not?

*Silver&Black*
05-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Josh Smith sucks? Haha. Wow that's news to me. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

I wouldn't listen to him dude. He didn't even name the good players on the team. He is a hater.

*Silver&Black*
05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Why not? A top 4 team is a contender is it not?

When did the Bulls become a top 4 team?

justinnum1
05-29-2010, 04:19 PM
When did the Bulls become a top 4 team?

:laugh2: Seriously...I think he meant to put a 1 in front.

*Silver&Black*
05-29-2010, 04:47 PM
:laugh2: Seriously...I think he meant to put a 1 in front.

I thought I prob didn't see the news Lebron and Joe signed with the Bulls.:D

It's funny pre-season that people say their team improved to a contender, but never seen someone say that before the pre-season even starts and nothing has happened.

Young2Kinsler
05-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Joe wants to join Dirk in Big D

LTS
05-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Come on give sacramento something to look forward to plus we have Tyreke(ROY) and he is most likely even if thats still only 1% chance to join out of FA stars

*Silver&Black*
05-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Joe wants to join Dirk in Big D

Would have to be sign and trade, and why would the Hawks take back stupid contracts for weak players when they can just let him go? A sign and trade would have to be decent for both ends. Atlanta isn't going to take back contracts to help a team over the cap get Joe. They would need a fair trade as if Joe wasn't a free agent. If not, we'll say bye to Joe to a team under the cap, and let Atlanta save $.

JordansBulls
05-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Joe Johnson to Dallas would be pretty good on both ends.

fin_frenzy_84
05-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Does Mavs have the money for him? Im not sure...

Danny24113
05-29-2010, 11:53 PM
i hate how people say the nets have a good roster for a max player to go there when they were the worst team last year n dont have enough money to sign anything else y would lebron or johnson go there if they want to win

JordansBulls
05-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Does Mavs have the money for him? Im not sure...

They would have to trade someone like Butler for him.

pistonsfanomg
05-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Joe Johnson either goes to the Nets, Knicks or Clippers this Summer

arkanian215
05-30-2010, 10:15 AM
What do you think he'll get next year? What do you think he deserves?

I was hoping that the Nets would make up for a smaller first year contract by offering an additional year. I'm guessing most teams would offer 4 years. He'll be 32 when that 4 year contract ends and probably won't get a decent contract at that age considering the new CBA will have a lot more not fully guaranteed contracts and smaller contracts overall.

JordansBulls
05-30-2010, 05:13 PM
What do you think he'll get next year? What do you think he deserves?

I was hoping that the Nets would make up for a smaller first year contract by offering an additional year. I'm guessing most teams would offer 4 years. He'll be 32 when that 4 year contract ends and probably won't get a decent contract at that age considering the new CBA will have a lot more not fully guaranteed contracts and smaller contracts overall.

He will get at least a 5 year deal worth 75 million from someone.

KnicksorBust
05-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Joe Johnson is underrated. The players say so:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/02/02/roundtable/index.html

and the numbers in the clutch says so:
http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

For some reason he drops off in the playoffs but to me it should be obvious why. He's not supposed to be a #1 option and imo he doesn't even have a legit #2 scoring option in ATL to help carry the burden. You put him with some players who can keep the offense going without him and I think he'll start to thrive again. As long as he ends up teaming up with a superstar he'll be great.

fin_frenzy_84
05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Joe will be going to which ever team will be getting burnt this offseason...

raptor fan
05-31-2010, 06:23 PM
my guess, he's going to be vastly overpaid (eg. 5 year 90M) by a team like the timberwolves. They have a lot of cap space, and they could use some veteran help at the wing position. They already have good players at the other positions:

PG: Rubio
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Welsey Johnson
PF: Kevin Love
C: Al Jefferson

JordansBulls
06-01-2010, 08:30 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/02/02/roundtable/index.html

For some reason he drops off in the playoffs but to me it should be obvious why. He's not supposed to be a #1 option and imo he doesn't even have a legit #2 scoring option in ATL to help carry the burden. You put him with some players who can keep the offense going without him and I think he'll start to thrive again. As long as he ends up teaming up with a superstar he'll be great.

I agree Joe Johnson is clearly underrated. He needs to be the 2nd option to a megastar. Examples: Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Melo, Dwight, Duncan, etc.

hugepatsfan
06-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Caron and maybe another expiring like Deshawn Stevenson to ATL for JJ makes a lot of sense for DAL.

raptor fan
06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Caron and maybe another expiring like Deshawn Stevenson to ATL for JJ makes a lot of sense for DAL.

yeah that's a good deal for both teams. caron can replace johnson in the lineup, and they could bring back childress.

OT Thriller
06-01-2010, 02:25 PM

Thank you! This is what ive been saying all along. Johnson is a great player and would strive as the number 2 option.

OT Thriller
06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
my guess, he's going to be vastly overpaid (eg. 5 year 90M) by a team like the timberwolves. They have a lot of cap space, and they could use some veteran help at the wing position. They already have good players at the other positions:

PG: Rubio
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Welsey Johnson
PF: Kevin Love
C: Al Jefferson

Very interesting. I wonder how big of a player the TWolves will actually be.

JordansBulls
06-01-2010, 11:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/features/freeagentslotmachine

JordansBulls
06-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Very interesting. I wonder how big of a player the TWolves will actually be.

Do you think the Twolves would even make the playoffs with that lineup?

magichatnumber9
06-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Ray Allen is more thread worthy then this bum. Overrated

ugafan
06-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Do you think the Twolves would even make the playoffs with that lineup?

Lack of scoring options IMO. Definitely not in the west and maybe not even if they played in the east.

JordansBulls
06-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Lack of scoring options IMO. Definitely not in the west and maybe not even if they played in the east.

I agree. So I see no need to pay a guy a max contract if you are not even a playoff team with him.

uprightciti
06-04-2010, 01:53 PM
he blew it in the second round scouts are gonna let him stay put in atl...they are a great team that is missing a solid bench other than crawford

JordansBulls
06-04-2010, 02:22 PM
he blew it in the second round scouts are gonna let him stay put in atl...they are a great team that is missing a solid bench other than crawford

I actually think it would have served him better if they lost in round 1 to the Bucks.

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 12:59 AM
Ray Allen is more thread worthy then this bum. Overrated

How so?

Tony_Starks
06-21-2010, 01:19 AM
I don't see why people hate on JJ so much. I mean he was good enough to get them to the 2nd round. Thats about where they should be talentwise its not like they were favored to come out of the East or anything.

With a few more pieces ATL could be looking at conference finals real soon.

The Raven
06-21-2010, 06:06 AM
He'd be better served as a second option rather then a first. I dont consider him a real franchise player who can lead a team to a championship

Lou Holtz Lisp
06-21-2010, 02:18 PM
A rude awakening. This guy is a me-first, non-winner type player who will never be able to lead a team. Just look at his playoff stats, he chokes in the big moments. I hope the Hawks don't re-sign him, let him go to New York or New Jersey and fade, he is at the end of his prime and whoever signs him to contrac beyond two years is not smart. Go Hawks!! Get Stoudemaire! Forget this loser!!

Wade_County
06-21-2010, 02:31 PM
/thread

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 02:40 PM
A rude awakening. This guy is a me-first, non-winner type player who will never be able to lead a team. Just look at his playoff stats, he chokes in the big moments. I hope the Hawks don't re-sign him, let him go to New York or New Jersey and fade, he is at the end of his prime and whoever signs him to contrac beyond two years is not smart. Go Hawks!! Get Stoudemaire! Forget this loser!!

Put him as a 3rd option behind Wade and Bosh and i bet he shines like he did in Phx.

JordansBulls
06-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Put him as a 3rd option behind Wade and Bosh and i bet he shines like he did in Phx.

Joe Johnson can be a 3rd option behind Lebron and Rose as well.

ROCKYDENNIS
06-30-2010, 12:38 AM
He goes o NY in S & T for E.Curry and 2nd rd. He will get to play w Amare.

Young2Kinsler
06-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Joe and Dirk would be the best Duo for him!

Young2Kinsler
06-30-2010, 04:12 AM
Would have to be sign and trade, and why would the Hawks take back stupid contracts for weak players when they can just let him go? A sign and trade would have to be decent for both ends. Atlanta isn't going to take back contracts to help a team over the cap get Joe. They would need a fair trade as if Joe wasn't a free agent. If not, we'll say bye to Joe to a team under the cap, and let Atlanta save $.

Caron Butler, Erik Dampier, Future 1st is a hell of a deal for Johnson and would allow ATL to dump another bad contract they did not want anymore. To me, it would serve you better than to let him walk for free to another eastern conference contender.

I say this, because I believe ATL can still be a playoff threat in the east without Johnson, and extra cap, talent, and picks wouldn't hurt.

JordansBulls
06-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Joe and Dirk would be the best Duo for him!

I think so as well, but as long as they keep Butler as well.

S-Dot
06-30-2010, 09:00 AM
I think so as well, but as long as they keep Butler as well.

I would love to see him in New York, but I do feel Dallas is his best fit if and only if they keep Butler as well. This would keep another team in the West strong too, which is good for the NBA.

Young2Kinsler
06-30-2010, 12:40 PM
I would love to keep Caron, but I'm not sure we could get a deal for Johnson done without him unless Joe forces ATL's hand.

I think because we cannot outright sign some one, Dallas won't get one of the big 4 or 5, but some one like Al Jefferson sounds nice.

JordansBulls
06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I would love to see him in New York, but I do feel Dallas is his best fit if and only if they keep Butler as well. This would keep another team in the West strong too, which is good for the NBA.

With whom?

JordansBulls
06-30-2010, 11:16 PM
I would love to keep Caron, but I'm not sure we could get a deal for Johnson done without him unless Joe forces ATL's hand.

I think because we cannot outright sign some one, Dallas won't get one of the big 4 or 5, but some one like Al Jefferson sounds nice.

I think the Mavs could keep him with Joe Johnson.

bredsox33
07-01-2010, 03:25 AM
If the report about the 6 year max offer is true, then he'll stay in Atlanta. He can't pass up that ridiculous overpay.

JordansBulls
07-01-2010, 08:29 AM
If the report about the 6 year max offer is true, then he'll stay in Atlanta. He can't pass up that ridiculous overpay.

Unless it is a sign and trade.

Young2Kinsler
07-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo!, is reporting that the Atlanta Hawks did offer free agent Joe Johnson a full max contract said to be worth $127 million yesterday and that he is close to agreeing to those terms to remain in Atlanta.

Johnson also met yesterday with Knicks' coach Mike D'Antoni and may meet with Dallas Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban today.

The Bulls and Rockets have also expressed interest in meeting with Johnson.

Not a bad source, but I still think it is early to close the books on these big names when the first report comes out.

Young2Kinsler
07-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo!, is reporting that the Atlanta Hawks did offer free agent Joe Johnson a full max contract said to be worth $127 million yesterday and that he is close to agreeing to those terms to remain in Atlanta.

Johnson also met yesterday with Knicks' coach Mike D'Antoni and may meet with Dallas Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban today.

The Bulls and Rockets have also expressed interest in meeting with Johnson.

Not a bad source, but I still think it is early to close the books on these big names when the first report comes out.

The ChILL
07-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I thought this was interesting...

Atlanta may well come to regret this offer -- they just paid a good player superstar money, they just paid a perimeter player big money until he was 34. The fifth and sixth years of this deal it could be a burden. A franchise with an estimated net worth of $306 million just agreed to a $124 million deal. But they got their man.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/report-joe-johnson-about-to-accept-hawks-max-deal-offer.php

That is a whole lot of money to commit and I imagine they will want to lock-up Horford in the near future.

*Silver&Black*
07-01-2010, 12:16 PM
So if we sign Joe to the Max then trade him to the Mavs, are the Mavs still wanting James? Will you all have up to 3 Max players (Joe, Lebron, Dirk)?

BkOriginalOne
07-01-2010, 02:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5344459

Thoughts?

KB24PG16
07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
thats what i pretty much thought

AllTimeBest
07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
He would be crazy not to accept that max contract as the Knicks would be the only team to come close to matching that, but I want to see him sign the dotted line before I say for sure he is returning. Too many teams who could be interested to hear a rumor saying he is returning.

ManRam
07-01-2010, 02:22 PM
It's still speculation. It says he's likely...which basically doesn't mean anything at all.

He wants the money, however, so that probably does mean he'll stay.

Sucks for probably either NY, Chi or NJ...because the odds of one of those teams missing out completely this summer increases if he stays in ATL.

ABOMB_56
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
This is a really bad signing for the Hawks, and even worse for the Knicks. Joe Johnson is not even close to being worth 20 million a year. Hawks are digging themselves into a grave by offering him a max. He chokes in the playoffs and they would be better going off signing some younger players. Also, for the Knicks their Plan A is LeBron and that is looking unlikely, and their plan B was JJ and Amare. Signing Amare is still very likely, but JJ seems like he is out of their equation. The Knicks offseason is turning out to be a bust.

effen5
07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
oh my god JJ, take the money...god knows your not worth that much.

KB24PG16
07-01-2010, 02:27 PM
The Atlanta Hawks offered Joe Johnson a six-year, $119 million contract Thursday morning, and sources close to the All-Star guard expect him to accept the max deal soon.

The Hawks moved quickly at midnight ET to try to secure their franchise star and offered the contract that Johnson’s agent Arn Tellem sought from the organization. Sources say ownership OK’d the max offer and general manager Rick Sund delivered it in Los Angeles.

After receiving the Hawks’ offer, Johnson met with a contingent from the New York Knicks that included coach Mike D’Antoni, Johnson’s former coach with the Phoenix Suns. Knicks GM Donnie Walsh didn’t attend.
The Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks were pushing for meetings with Johnson on Thursday afternoon in Los Angeles where they could discuss possible sign-and-trade scenarios. The Chicago Bulls also have interest in Johnson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...gentbuzz063010

AllTimeBest
07-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I think this impacts Bosh the most out of any free agent. In my opinion, I think that Lebron returns to Cleveland, Wade and Stoudemire sign with the Heat. Boozer is going to either the Bulls or the Magic. That leaves Bosh either going to NYK by himself, or maybe being traded to the Lakers. His best hope of joining a big star was going to the Knicks with Johnson.

JordansBulls
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Joe Johnson is getting a max deal so that he can be traded to a team like the Bulls or Knicks so that the Hawks can get some players back in return.

dnewguy
07-01-2010, 05:29 PM
anyone read this article? I kinda agree with everything he said. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Joe-Johnson-to-sign-a-ridiculous-deal-with-the-A?urn=nba,252877

VillaMaravilla
07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
hope he stays in atlanta i want no part of him plz knicks dont sign this dude atleast not for max

Mike515089
07-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Atlanta just ****** there whole franchise :facepalm:

Sportfan
07-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I have a feeling there's a S&T trade coming soon. I was sure that both sides didn't want to be with each other

*Silver&Black*
07-01-2010, 08:05 PM
YahooSports
The Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks were pushing for meetings with Johnson on Thursday afternoon in Los Angeles where they could discuss possible sign-and-trade scenarios. The Chicago Bulls also have interest in Johnson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoyzaD9zVU8HadGKIPNY.905nYcB?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz063010

So someone else might have the "worst" contract in the NBA after all.

JordansBulls
07-01-2010, 11:07 PM
YahooSports

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoyzaD9zVU8HadGKIPNY.905nYcB?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz063010

So someone else might have the "worst" contract in the NBA after all.

So the Bulls are still interested?