PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson doing it again

Kingz4L
05-14-2010, 08:40 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/05/14/lakers.jackson.suns.nash.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Now he claims that Steve Nash cant dribble...he tells the nba to keep a closer eye on his ball handling...the good news is that steve is probably ******** while reading that report. (He wont get caught up with phils talking like durant)

CowboysKB24
05-14-2010, 08:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/05/14/lakers.jackson.suns.nash.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Now he claims that Steve Nash cant dribble...he tells the nba to keep a closer eye on his ball handling...the good news is that steve is probably ******** while reading that report. (He wont get caught up with phils talking like durant)

Phil Jackson can say whatever he wants. He has one of the greatest basketball IQs in the history of the game. I think he is a pretty fair guy. Don't hate on the guy who has a ring for every single finger. He is now working on his toe rings.

ldc62
05-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't think so... nice try PJ.

Raidaz4Life
05-14-2010, 08:45 PM
I agree!!!

Shady66
05-14-2010, 08:47 PM
must be true if Phil Jackson said it.

Incublime24
05-14-2010, 08:52 PM
He's just saying to watch the feet. If Nash doesn't travel or anything then there's nothing to worry about. Don't really see why this is a big deal at all. Coaches say a lot of things in interviews and press conferences.

Kingz4L
05-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Personally If I was Steve Nash I would say "Can somebody tell Phil to go coach a lottery team so that everyone can truly see how great of a coach he is" that would probably piss him off lol.

Kakaroach
05-14-2010, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Stern fines him. It comes out as if he is complaining about reffing.

NYtilIdie
05-14-2010, 09:01 PM
must be true if Phil Jackson said it.

Obviously!

CowboysKB24
05-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Personally If I was Steve Nash I would say "Can somebody tell Phil to go coach a lottery team so that everyone can truly see how great of a coach he is" that would probably piss him off lol.

Yeah Michael Jordan, Kobe and Shaq are the onyl reasons these guys are good.

Phil had nothing to do with coaching these guys or bringing in their supporting case and putting those teams together. He had no influence on drafting them.

All he said was that he thinks Nash carries. He isn't stupid, he knows Nash is one of the best. Nash ripped him for two straight years, a couple years back.

dtmagnet
05-14-2010, 09:04 PM
must be true if Colonel Sanders said it.

Fixed.

cmellofan15
05-14-2010, 09:07 PM
was steve nash accused of never dropping the ball on the ground?

RadiantShot
05-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Steve Nash can't dribble? Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.

DieselPowered32
05-14-2010, 09:25 PM
i love phil jackson

Toenail Clipper
05-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Next thing he's gonna say, Stoudemire can't dribble. haha

MJ-BULLS
05-14-2010, 09:28 PM
What Phil says is always true. :rolleyes:

chonbon
05-14-2010, 09:30 PM
was steve nash accused of never dropping the ball on the ground?

i believe the correct word is .... dribbling

LA_Raiders
05-14-2010, 09:33 PM
lol, gotta love phil jax

Geargo Wallace
05-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Next thing he's gonna say, Stoudemire can't dribble. haha

Dunk*

AsiandudePH
05-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Personally If I was Steve Nash I would say "Can somebody tell Phil to go coach a lottery team so that everyone can truly see how great of a coach he is" that would probably p i s s him off lol.

A coach of his caliber is smart enough NOT to coach just for the sake of coaching.

If you're an NBA caliber coach, would you coach just for the money? That's tantamount to a player playing only for cash and not to win, no desire whatsoever.

And you know Phil would play his mind games. He's done this for years. Why act surprised? Geez.

Kevj77
05-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Personally If I was Steve Nash I would say "Can somebody tell Phil to go coach a lottery team so that everyone can truly see how great of a coach he is" that would probably p i s s him off lol.Um didn't he do that when he returned to the Lakers. They just came off a non-playoff season and drafted Bynum with the 10th pick. His team had Kobe, Odom and 18 year old Bynum and the rest was trash. Honestly do people forget that Kwame, Smush and Cook started on that team?

IAmKira
05-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Phil Jackson can say whatever he wants. He has one of the greatest basketball IQs in the history of the game. I think he is a pretty fair guy. Don't hate on the guy who has a ring for every single finger. He is now working on his toe rings.

nah.. Hes probably gonna get a piercing somewhere. maybe he'll go gangster and have a weenie ring. No HOMO :guns:

jackdawson
05-14-2010, 10:12 PM
That doesn't change the fact that Steve Nash is one of the greatest point guards of all time.

Btw, Pat Riley>>>Phil Jackson.

AsiandudePH
05-14-2010, 10:20 PM
That doesn't change the fact that Steve Nash is one of the greatest point guards of all time.

Btw, Pat Riley>>>Phil Jackson.

That doesn't change the fact that Phil loves playing mind games and having something to talk about (as you see, rather than talk about LeBron all week, you took notice of his comments).

That doesn't change the fact that Phil got the best out of his men despite having Smush and Kwame in the starting line up and Brian Cook a solid rotational player--imagine having that kind of roster in the west.

I don't see why there's all this disrespect and doubt against Phil. I really don't. I've been a fan of him since his Chicago days and I've always loved his unorthodox style of coaching and his winning ways.

Burkey3472
05-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Phil Jackson has been doing this for years so not shocking he'd do it with this series too.

_KB24_
05-14-2010, 11:10 PM
He's Canadian :shrug:

just kidding, we all know it's mind tricks. No need to get worked up.

Raph12
05-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Nash is a vet, he won't fall for PJ's mind games, to be honest, I just don't think the Suns can matchup with the Lakers bigs... Lakers in 6 or less.

JNA17
05-14-2010, 11:17 PM
phil the man! :clap:

WITZ
05-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Phil ******** or complaining about something ?? whats new.

lakersrock
05-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Well, Nash does take several steps between dribbles.

still1ballin
05-15-2010, 12:19 AM
gotta love the zen master

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-15-2010, 12:25 AM
If Phil didnt coach Kobe, he'd be talking **** about him all day

Kevj77
05-15-2010, 01:02 AM
If Phil didnt coach Kobe, he'd be talking **** about him all daySo true. Phil even calls out his own players through the media. He recently called out Artest in the media and has often called out Kobe via the press. It's how he does things and honestly only a coach with his credentials can do that to his own players effectively.

I remember Bill Parcells used to do this as well. You can't just be anybody to do it. Phil usually takes a well placed fine every playoffs to call out the refs and get the calls his team needs to win a game.

Phil is a master at mind games.

AI4MVP
05-15-2010, 01:21 AM
damn. all phil jackson does is talk ****

CrotchetyOldMan
05-15-2010, 01:22 AM
The thing that's most annoying about Phil's ridiculous comments he always makes between series is that the ref's almost always make calls in relation to what he says and players like Durant fall for it...If I were him I'm sure I'd continue to be petty and accusatory...If you're a great whiner and it works why stop?...the problem isn't Phil it's the way player's and refs respond to it...

Aarick
05-15-2010, 01:29 AM
this just in.

Phil Jackson says the refs need to watch Stoudamire when he dunks. He says it is always offensive interference according to the rules since his hands/fingers are always in the cylinder when he dunks. :D

AsiandudePH
05-15-2010, 01:31 AM
The thing that's most annoying about Phil's ridiculous comments he always makes between series is that the ref's almost always make calls in relation to what he says and players like Durant fall for it...If I were him I'm sure I'd continue to be petty and accusatory...If you're a great whiner and it works why stop?...the problem isn't Phil it's the way player's and refs respond to it...

Agreed.

Phil is just doing his thing, the rest follows.

SeoulBeatz
05-15-2010, 01:44 AM
haha ridiculous statement, maybe he's just tryna piss steve off :)

GspLAL
05-15-2010, 02:50 AM
damn. all phil jackson does is talk ****

He can back it up no? Anyways, I don't think it's gonna affect Steve Nash, he should have went after Amare who probably isn't considered a veteran just yet.

dodie53
05-15-2010, 03:06 AM
f.u. Phil
hehe.

OA SLAY
05-15-2010, 03:44 AM

If you didnt notice, dude said " IF I was Steve Nash..." And yeah that would be funny to hear Phils reaction. Someone needs to put delusional old folks in their place. BTW Jerry Sloan>>>PJ+Riley;)

J-Relo
05-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Steve Nash is a veteran...

kblo247
05-15-2010, 04:32 AM

2005-2006 says whats up as he took a lotto team that had less talent than the one that went to the lotto to the 7th seed out west. :eyebrow:

Nirvanaskurdt
05-15-2010, 05:00 AM
2005-2006 says whats up as he took a lotto team that had less talent than the one that went to the lotto to the 7th seed out west. :eyebrow:

yeah but he didnt win anything.. he got eliminated by the Suns :)

Then he got Gasol in a trade and won with an all star cast yet again :rolleyes:

If the refs take a close look at Nash's dribbling fine.. but lets take a close look at Kobe and Bynums Elbows and Artests' hand checks :p

jbterrelle
05-15-2010, 05:01 AM
I think this makes this series a little more interesting, now i'll be watching to see if he does actually carry the ball

magichatnumber9
05-15-2010, 07:52 AM
You gonna call out Steve you better call out your Princess Japanese Steak

SNYmets86
05-15-2010, 09:02 AM
definitely respect phil but damn dude shut your mouth !!!! hope suns take it

MTar786
05-15-2010, 09:28 AM

If the refs take a close look at Nash's dribbling fine.. but lets take a close look at Kobe and Bynums Elbows and Artests' hand checks :p

wow you are dumb and ignorant.

a team that was one of the low lotto teams gets the seventh seed in the playoffs the following season and takes phoenix to 7 games and almost made it to the second round. And to add to that they traded caron butler for KWAME brown. thats season should have been another lottery season yet phils GOAT coaching skills takes us nearly to the second round

Hawkeye15
05-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Nash is a vet, he won't fall for PJ's mind games, to be honest, I just don't think the Suns can matchup with the Lakers bigs... Lakers in 6 or less.

seeing as Amare cancels out Gasol, and Bynum's knee is going to give him issues running up and down, I think Phx's depth pretty much cancels LA's size advantage. This should be a great series

Hawkeye15
05-15-2010, 12:05 PM

coaching a team that has a prime Kobe, and had one sub par year in the scheme of things is not remotely close to coaching the Timberwolves or Nets. Laker fans are like Yankee fans. They are spoiled.

lakersrock
05-15-2010, 12:40 PM

Do you honestly believe ANY coach could have won with Kobe and then Kwame, Smush, Cook, Vlad, etc.? With how loaded that Suns team was, I still haven't figured out how LA even got up 3-1. It's FAR crazier than Phoenix winning the last three.

doriandodo
05-15-2010, 01:04 PM
he just said that the key in offense is nash distributing ball

Kingz4L
05-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Do you honestly believe ANY coach could have won with Kobe and then Kwame, Smush, Cook, Vlad, etc.? With how loaded that Suns team was, I still haven't figured out how LA even got up 3-1. It's FAR crazier than Phoenix winning the last three.

I bet Larry Brown could of led them to the playoffs

USMCLaker
05-15-2010, 02:07 PM
You gonna call out Steve you better call out your Princess Japanese Steak

Wow that's not even clever.

Anyway, Phil should keep his trap shut; his little mind games in the media only hurt the Lakers in the last series. Besides, Kobe carries the ball more than Nash.

arkanian215
05-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Very clever by Phil. I think it had an effect on the Thunder series. If the Lakers go to the finals, I expect one more line just like this one.

hugepatsfan
05-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah Michael Jordan, Kobe and Shaq are the onyl reasons these guys are good.

Phil had nothing to do with coaching these guys or bringing in their supporting case and putting those teams together. He had no influence on drafting them.

All he said was that he thinks Nash carries. He isn't stupid, he knows Nash is one of the best. Nash ripped him for two straight years, a couple years back.

PJ went to Chicago in 1989. MJ was already there. He went to LAL in 1999 - Shaq (FA signing) and Kobe (draft) were both added in 1996. So no, he didn't have any effect on the drafting any of them.

JNA17
05-15-2010, 04:45 PM
seeing as Amare cancels out Gasol

:laugh:

Hawkeye15
05-15-2010, 04:55 PM
:laugh:

how is that funny. They basically cancel each other out. Amare actually produces more, but Gasol is better on the defensive end

kblo247
05-15-2010, 05:56 PM
coaching a team that has a prime Kobe, and had one sub par year in the scheme of things is not remotely close to coaching the Timberwolves or Nets. Laker fans are like Yankee fans. They are spoiled.

I don't take you seriously after your Artest was an overpaid, bad acquisition who couldn't play defense like he did anymore nonsense. You ate too much crow for me to understand the words that are coming out your mouth :p

Nirvanaskurdt
05-15-2010, 07:57 PM
wow you are dumb and ignorant.

a team that was one of the low lotto teams gets the seventh seed in the playoffs the following season and takes phoenix to 7 games and almost made it to the second round. And to add to that they traded caron butler for KWAME brown. thats season should have been another lottery season yet phils GOAT coaching skills takes us nearly to the second round

Your obviously a Laker Fan.. :pity:

Yeah he took a lottery team and got them the 7th seed but he didnt make them a contender :eyebrow:

Im not saying hes not a good coach but he is only great cause of the hall of fame players he had on his teams :)

Hawkeye15
05-15-2010, 09:27 PM
I don't take you seriously after your Artest was an overpaid, bad acquisition who couldn't play defense like he did anymore nonsense. You ate too much crow for me to understand the words that are coming out your mouth :p

sorry, I follow statistical trends and watch games. He was absolutely on the decline on both sides of the ball in Houston. He played ok defensively for the Lakers due to him not being asked to do squat on the other end. And even then, his defense was still not that great. He had a very low defensive rebound rate, his defensive win shares were below last season's, and he has only had a worse defensive rating two out of the fifteen seasons he has played. So not sure where you are going here. And honestly, don't really care. The Lakers defensive improvement came from paint protection, not Ron Artest. Its an absolute fact that Artest is not the defender he once was. There is no debating it.

GspLAL
05-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Your obviously a Laker Fan.. :pity:

Yeah he took a lottery team and got them the 7th seed but he didnt make them a contender :eyebrow:

Im not saying hes not a good coach but he is only great cause of the hall of fame players he had on his teams :)

And you're obviously a dumbass. You expect a coach to make Kwame, Brian Cook, Smush, and a bunch of other garbage players to be a contending team? Maybe you should check what you write before you throw insults at a fan base cuz you just made yourself look stupid.

Discr3t
05-15-2010, 11:28 PM
LOL @ Steve Nash's response. I liked it.

mdm692
05-15-2010, 11:34 PM
great response by nash and gentry

sventhedog
05-16-2010, 01:35 AM
with the number of titles jackson has, it's very difficult to question what he does.

cdnsportsfan
05-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Awesome response by Nash, he's one of the better players quote-wise in my opinion:

"It's news to me. I'm fortunate. I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," he said after the Suns practiced Saturday, then he added straight-faced: "I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich [of San Antonio] didn't have a problem with it last week."

Get it? Popovich the best coach in the league?

"We have the best officials in the world," Nash continued. "I'll just leave it up to them."

Obviously Nash is just playing around with the Zen Master, gotta admit it's a fun back and forth to watch! :)

Nirvanaskurdt
05-16-2010, 02:20 AM
And you're obviously a dumbass. You expect a coach to make Kwame, Brian Cook, Smush, and a bunch of other garbage players to be a contending team? Maybe you should check what you write before you throw insults at a fan base cuz you just made yourself look stupid.

Well I thought he was such a great coach and can get a Chip with just Kobe.. :rolleyes:

I guess mods dont even bother with Laker Fans anymore.. haha lmfao :laugh:

LakersIn5
05-16-2010, 02:51 AM

he coached the 2005-2006 lakers which was a lottery team and led them to the playoffs

rapjuicer06
05-16-2010, 10:51 AM
he coached the 2005-2006 lakers which was a lottery team and led them to the playoffs

for all of you claiming jackson is amazing for getting the lakers team with out an all star starting line up to the playoffs....here ya go

carlos arroyo
dwayne wade
quentin richardson
michael beasley
jermaine o'neal

smush parker
kobe bryant
lamar odom/devean george
bryan cook/kwame brown
chris mihm/bynum

yea i'm going to go out on a limb here and say the lakers had the better team still....and kobe on any team IN HIS PRIME should be able to make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed. just like d-wade. so unless you all are saying dwayne wade is a better player than kobe, just stfu. phil jackson has got his 10 rings from coaching the likes of MJ/Pippen and Kobe/Prime Shaq and Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Odom....with out an all-star cast phil is an average coach and would be NO WHERE near 10 rings if 1...most overrated coach in nba history

Hawkeye15
05-16-2010, 11:35 AM
^remember how strong the west was at that time?? Making the playoffs in the west was no small task. In the east however, yes, Kobe himself could have led a team to the 4th seed.

leftymo
05-16-2010, 11:39 AM

Uh, he did go to a lottery team. This current stint with the Lakers, he started coaching them when they had finished as a lottery team, and picked Andrew B ynum with the 10th pick in the draft.

Sorry can't use that anymore.

leftymo
05-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Awesome response by Nash, he's one of the better players quote-wise in my opinion:

Obviously Nash is just playing around with the Zen Master, gotta admit it's a fun back and forth to watch! :)

1. I do like Nash's response, but why wouldn't he pick his own coach?

2. Phil's comments are a reach. I've watched the Suns a lot over the years, and I know there are a lot of players that get away with crap, but there isn't a Sun that does. They play pretty fundamentally well. So, not really sure what Phil is chirping about. What he should've said in the last series is the ridiculous amount of times Deron Wiliams carries the ball, its ridiculous. All of his cross overs are carry overs!

3. And speaking of that, the Celtics Paul Pierce gets away with traveling a lot.

Hawkeye15
05-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Uh, he did go to a lottery team. This current stint with the Lakers, he started coaching them when they had finished as a lottery team, and picked Andrew B ynum with the 10th pick in the draft.

Sorry can't use that anymore.

Well, while this is technically true, going to a "lottery" team that has a prime Kobe Bryant, and the finacial resources greater than any other NBA team, and one that missed the playoffs by just a number of games, isn't coaching the Wolves or Nets from this year.
I think that is what the original post means. Phil has never gone to a situation that didn't have huge opportunity for growth immediately at the very least, and other times, situations that were right there and just needed a little more

Voodoo Alchemy
05-16-2010, 01:51 PM
with the number of titles jackson has, it's very difficult to question what he does.

you forgot the add the asterisk. for every championship jackson has won with great players, there's also the years when he fell flat on his face without them.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-16-2010, 01:55 PM
for all of you claiming jackson is amazing for getting the lakers team with out an all star starting line up to the playoffs....here ya go

carlos arroyo
dwayne wade
quentin richardson
michael beasley
jermaine o'neal

smush parker
kobe bryant
lamar odom/devean george
bryan cook/kwame brown
chris mihm/bynum

yea i'm going to go out on a limb here and say the lakers had the better team still....and kobe on any team IN HIS PRIME should be able to make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed. just like d-wade. so unless you all are saying dwayne wade is a better player than kobe, just stfu. phil jackson has got his 10 rings from coaching the likes of MJ/Pippen and Kobe/Prime Shaq and Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Odom....with out an all-star cast phil is an average coach and would be NO WHERE near 10 rings if 1...most overrated coach in nba history

i wouldn't call jackson a overrated coach because he did win those titles. however, the knock on him is his ability to win titles without great players. he's yet to prove that.

J-Relo
05-16-2010, 01:59 PM
coaches make players good...

CLASSOF72
05-16-2010, 02:08 PM
i wouldn't call jackson a overrated coach because he did win those titles. however, the knock on him is his ability to win titles without great players. he's yet to prove that.

Who's won without great players? And don't say LBrown cause the Pistons cast was wery great over all.

The Final Boss
05-16-2010, 02:09 PM
When has Phil ever strayed from the truth?

Kingz4L
05-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Having Kobe,Odom,Bynum,etc. is not considered a lottery team regardless of what the rest of your cast is surrounded with...when you got the best player in the league in his prime, there is no way you should miss the playoffs...I mean look what Lebron is doing with 4 guys that are about to retire..Im sorry but I am not impressed with Phil Jackson...any coach in this league can lead that team to the finals because the Lakers are the #1 team that creates mis-matches to every team in this league.

kblo247
05-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Having Kobe,Odom,Bynum,etc. is not considered a lottery team regardless of what the rest of your cast is surrounded with...when you got the best player in the league in his prime, there is no way you should miss the playoffs...I mean look what Lebron is doing with 4 guys that are about to retire..Im sorry but I am not impressed with Phil Jackson...any coach in this league can lead that team to the finals because the Lakers are the #1 team that creates mis-matches to every team in this league.

Why did you include Bynum who was a 17 year fat kid, entering the NBA that year? You also do know that Odom was coming off shoulder surgery to start that year as well right?

Just shut that other **** down though.

Phil had the number 1 record in the west with

Fisher (coming off a bad season in Utah)
Kobe (a year after his knee surgery and pisses w/ the front office)
Luke
Odom (started the year off bad because of shoulder surgery)
Bynum
Farmar (sophomore)
Vujacic
Ariza (was seen as a "delusional" player and discarded by 2 teams)
Radmanovic
Turiaf
Kwame
Critter

Before Pau came that was his rotation that was the 1st seed out west. It featured 6 players that he groomed into rotation NBA players and into starters. Andrew and Trevor got hurt, and then he got Pau for Kwame, Critter, and Marc's rights.

That team steam rolled through the playoffs, but they were the youngest team in the playoffs. That team had no one who had even had playoff success before in their life outside of Kobe and Fisher. Odom and especially not Pau had never even came close to winning before so you have to give him credit for taking that team in midseason with young and inexperienced players that he brought up all the way to the Finals without even the benefit of a training camp to integrate Pau. No other acquisition made midseason that year was integrated as successfully as Pau was, and no coach defused a situation of as star being upset like he did. That takes coaching skills.

Getting Jordan and Pippen to win something takes coaching skills. Developing Pippen and winning 50 games without MJ takes coaching skills. Getting Shaq to win when he couldn't with 2 other all star guards plus a 15 and 8 PF, and developing Kobe into a starter with Fisher, Fox, and Horry as the main support for a 3 peat takes coaching skills. Taking a Laker team that was in the lottery and lost depth to the playoffs, takes coaching skills. Getting your team to two finals in a row and the best record in the west with the injuries the team had takes coaching skills.

Like it or not the man can coach and he has outcoached Adleman, Pop, Riley, and Van Gundy over and over again. You can say well he had talent, and he did but his teams talent was never deeper than Red's, Pop's, or other coaches. His dynamic duos have been stellar, but the overall depth of most Phil Jackson coached teams isn't so he gets role players like Fisher, Horry, Fox, and so on and places them in a situation to win. He builds confidence in them over and over again to be rewarded later.

Last time I checked managing stars, maximizing role players, teaching, developing players, and winning above all else is a coach's job. He does just that and at the end of the day he does it better than any coach who is, was, or has been in the league as he has won in different eras, under different rules, and with different core units . You don't luck your way into that and never having a losing record even dating back to the CBA. You just don't.

Give him some ****ing credit.

kblo247
05-16-2010, 05:58 PM

How did that work out for Larry in New York with the better roster since both signed on with LA and NY in the same year and he was predicted to win more games by every analyst?

RaptorizedKevin
05-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Let phil jackson coach a lottery team like the raptors, lets see if he makes them better. He wont. he just got lucky with superstars and teams that were built well enough because of the gm of the lakers and chicago.

Duncan = Donkey
05-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Most over rated coach of all time.

The Ooh Child
05-17-2010, 11:03 AM
I think Phil may be wasting his time trying to get in Nash's head. Nash doesn't really seem like the type that would fall for that kind of ****.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Who's won without great players? And don't say LBrown cause the Pistons cast was wery great over all.

i just said that

Voodoo Alchemy
05-17-2010, 11:08 AM
better than what your team would ever have

another poster who recently got banned and created a new account.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2010, 11:09 AM
How is Phil Jackson overrated? A 10 time championship winner is never overrated. I don't care what level of talent he had on his team.

ManRam
05-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't like this trend. I don't have a big problem with trying to get in player's heads and all...but both this time and the Durant-case, he was pleading with officiating before the games even started. That's not a move I'd like to see my coaches playing if I'm and NBA exec, like Stern. Preemptive referee-whining is an all-time low in a league where referee complaining and the integrity of the game is already a big issue.

Not a fan of these tactics. Kind of scummy. At least wait for a game to be played before you complain about the officiating. :confused:

Tha-King is right, he's not trying to get in Nash's heads, he's trying to influence the refs, and there should be no place for that in this game.

Sly Guy
05-17-2010, 12:10 PM

carlos arroyo
dwayne wade
quentin richardson
michael beasley
jermaine o'neal

smush parker
kobe bryant
lamar odom/devean george
bryan cook/kwame brown
chris mihm/bynum

sheeeeeeeiiiiit, 10 rings and he gets compared to erik spoelstra. PJ just got knocked the **** down!
/thread

sventhedog
05-17-2010, 03:29 PM
all these debates never end. but the fact of the matter is, results is what is the most important obvious thing in this world. nobody would care much how a player or coach gets a title as long as you didn't steal it or hold the commissioner at gunpoint to give yourself the trophy.

had micheal jordan didn't hit his game winning shot for the bulls to win his last title, people would be criticizing him for that. if he did miss the shot and they lost, would people be caring about if his wife or kid got sick; or her mom not making it to watch the game; or his dog dying; or whatever reason he might have for not getting the result, which is the championship. people look at results, and if you didn't get it, they will say you're not good no matter what stopped you from getting it done. if you were applying for a job and they look at your resume for your credentials, would they ask you who helped you get those?

only people who can't accept defeat; who wished they were in that 'lucky' person's shoes; or haters would think of anything to say to somehow downplay an accomplishment. oh and i forgot critics, they'll have something to say because that's their job. but their criticisms can only reach a certain point. they won't be able to deny every single thing.

nrwskinny
05-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Phil Jackson has always coached when it was in his best intrest..He left the Lakers and came back when the pieces started to fall...he didn't stay around because it would hurt his win percentage...and the fact that he has coached three HOF's in their PRIME...

lakersrock
05-17-2010, 04:47 PM

Phil did that, big deal.