PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's, and the Cavs', postseason performance discussion

MoBASS
05-14-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm not even a LeBron fan (see my avatar) but enough is enough already. Give the kid a break.. he's only 25 and he has more expectations of him than anybody who has ever touched a basketball. He's simply the victim of bad coaching and poor management. Sure he doesn't always say the right things but questioning his desire to win is pretty ridiculous. Okay, so he wants to be a billionaire.. so what?

He's put in an incredible amount of work these past few years to improve his weak areas (defense, jumper) and he's going to get better and better. HGH or not (I stipulate he and Dwight have taken PEDs -- in fact I think at least a quarter of NBA players take them in the off-season, but that's another matter) he is the most athletic player to ever play in the NBA, and I enjoy watching him play. I don't know about you guys but I like seeing a guy knock someone's **** to half court or dunk from the free throw line.

Nobody on the Cavs showed up to play this series yet Lebron is getting all the blame. Sounds eerily reminiscent of the Lakers circa 2007.

The bottom line is that basketball is a 5-on-5 game and Kobe still has better players around him than Lebron. In fact, if we had both teams and there was a draft (minus KB/Lebron) I would take FOUR guys off the Lakers (Pau, Bynum, Odom, Artest) before I took ANYONE off the Cavs (Jamison? Mo Williams?)

Lebron's teammates are whack and please find me anyone who's won a championship with whack teammates. MJ and Kobe would tell you it can't be done..

lakersrock
05-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't remember anybody feeling bad for Smush, KOBE, Vlad Rad, Cook and Kwame.

Enough already. Kobe got railed for losing with garbage, LeBronze is getting it for losing with a MUCH better cast than Kobe had. He deserves it.

ManRam
05-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Kobe had already won. He had a free pass. LeBron has no such thing.

LeBron's cast up until this year have been laughable. He finally got some guys around him, albeit one was the oldest player in the league, the other guy never really got a chance to blend in, and the other is an "all-star" point-guard who notoriously runs away in big games.

But this year he wasn't great. The previous 2-3 years, he was phenomenal. This year, for whatever reason, he wasn't LeBron James. He deserves more blame this year than any year before.

And on that note, this thread probably will be euthanized.

Bruno
05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
LeBron has the teammates. He has three other players who were all-stars as recently as 2008-2009, he has an all team defender in A. Var. and a former coach of the year as his head coach.

The Cavs just don't match up well against Boston or Orlando.

chitownbears89
05-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Didn't the cavs have the most wins during the regular season? Like you said, its basketball is a team game. He has a decent supporting cast. Is it awesome, no, but it is decent, i think so.

kb24ap28
05-14-2010, 02:50 PM
hahah lebron has bad teammates? last time i checked they won 61 games this season

Toenail Clipper
05-14-2010, 02:51 PM
He has supporting cast now, what are you talking about?

JordansBulls
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry, but you can't justify having the best record in the league two years in a row and not winning a title is something good especially when most consider you the best player in the league.

Also considering that no other player in history who had the best record two years in a row walked away empty handed both times.

with the Cavs lost to the Celtics it is the 2nd straight year where every single analyst picked the Cavs to win the series and it will be the 2nd straight year that Lebron whenever he faced a team that won 50+ games in the playoffs lost the series with HCA. Lebron would be 0-2 in series against teams that won 50+ games when he himself had the HCA.

Don't like the double standards with Lebron. If he does good he is praised, but when he loses with the best record in the league it is everyone's fault.

Sorry but Game 5 ruined it for him. Tied up 2-2 and you have HCA in a pivotal game.

celtisox41
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
You have to be joking about the teammates, he has GREAT teammates (he's still conceded enough to call them his "supporting cast"), if you saw the end of the game you could see him and the cavs gave up. It was like the lakers in 2008 all over again. Both teams have no heart and James obviously doesnt care about winning since he's going to the knicks. Some of his teammates outplayed him this series so you cant say that its his teammates fault. You can't put the blame on one person or a few people, the whole cavs are to blame for their loss. Oh yeah and the celtics being better then them also had something to do with it.

Toenail Clipper
05-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Also, that's what his *** gets for dancing and showboating!

Raidaz4Life
05-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Also, that's what his *** gets for dancing and showboating!

Agreed it is amazing how many people make excuses for him.

mp3
05-14-2010, 03:01 PM
why do we always got to discredit people rather than give credit to people who did good. Rondo and KG played great. Boston just outplayed the Cavs. Lebron has a good core of players around him. Stop making excuses for the guy and just give the celtics credit

MoBASS
05-14-2010, 03:02 PM
You have to be joking about the teammates, he has GREAT teammates (he's still conceded enough to call them his "supporting cast"), if you saw the end of the game you could see him and the cavs gave up. It was like the lakers in 2008 all over again. Both teams have no heart and James obviously doesnt care about winning since he's going to the knicks. Some of his teammates outplayed him this series so you cant say that its his teammates fault. You can't put the blame on one person or a few people, the whole cavs are to blame for their loss. Oh yeah and the celtics being better then them also had something to do with it.

To everyone who says he has "great" teammates, please answer the hypothetical situation I put in my original post:

You're the capitan of a team and everyone on the Lakers and Cavs is available. After Kobe/LeBron, would you not take at least 3 (probably 4) Lakers before you pick a single Cavalier??

Greatness is relative.. so how is that having "great" teammates?

justinnum1
05-14-2010, 03:03 PM
The cavs are not built to win a 7 game series.

Switch
05-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Sorry, but you can't justify having the best record in the league two years in a row and not winning a title is something good especially when most consider you the best player in the league.

Also considering that no other player in history who had the best record two years in a row walked away empty handed both times.

with the Cavs lost to the Celtics it is the 2nd straight year where every single analyst picked the Cavs to win the series and it will be the 2nd straight year that Lebron whenever he faced a team that won 50+ games in the playoffs lost the series with HCA. Lebron would be 0-2 in series against teams that won 50+ games when he himself had the HCA.

Don't like the double standards with Lebron. If he does good he is praised, but when he loses with the best record in the league it is everyone's fault.

Sorry but Game 5 ruined it for him. Tied up 2-2 and you have HCA in a pivotal game.

Well said.

Toenail Clipper
05-14-2010, 03:04 PM
To everyone who says he has "great" teammates, please answer the hypothetical situation I put in my original post:

You're the capitan of a team and everyone on the Lakers and Cavs is available. After Kobe/LeBron, would you not take at least 3 (probably 4) Lakers before you pick a single Cavalier??

Greatness is relative.. so how is that having "great" teammates?

hahahaha no.
everyone would pick Pau Gasol, THEN Mo Williams. You fail

nigerianking
05-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Kobe didnt have Artest or Bynum when they made the finals in 08...basically didnt have Bynum last year and didnt have Artest..

Also, any Lakers fan knows that Odom isnt THAT good...all of a sudden hes All-NBA

shep33
05-14-2010, 03:05 PM
C'mon, they have a great team with great players.
1. LBJ- league MVP
2. Moe Williams- great offensive pg
3. Antawn Jamison- versatile forward who was an allstar last year
4. Shaq- still unguardable in the post 1-on-1; gives you great minutes
5. Their Shooters- West, Gibson, Parker
6. Varajao- hustle player does all the dirty things, makes any team he's on better
7. Hickson- great young pf that gives them energy
8. Big Z- Probably the best backup center in the league

That's a good cast, capable of winning a ring. They have a superior bench to the Lakers and Celts among other teams as well. No excuses for this team... they gave up at the end plain and simple, and looked scared.

RadiantShot
05-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Same story as last year. Next. :yawn:

nigerianking
05-14-2010, 03:08 PM
That not going to fly with me and im a cavs fan. I blame him for leading his team the way he does. all that handshaking and dancing, playing and circus act is what killed the team. They play well when they are having fun but choke when things get tight. On the other hand Jordan was a true leader, he would hold his team accountable and give them an earfull if they did not play well. And as much as I hate to say this. This is the reason why Kobe is still the best, cause he has that.

agreed...the Lakers would joking in practice during the playoffs, especially down 3-2

tangent12
05-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Bottom line is this:

The theory is proven that the Cavs franchise is cursed, much like the Clippers. Teams that are doomed to failure for eternity. No matter how good things get something has to happen to prevent success. That's just the way it's meant to be.

Toenail Clipper
05-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Bottom line is this:

The theory is proven that the Cavs franchise is cursed, much like the Clippers. Teams that are doomed to failure for eternity. No matter how good things get something has to happen to prevent success. That's just the way it's meant to be.

Hey, no need for that bro!

RadiantShot
05-14-2010, 03:13 PM
That not going to fly with me and im a cavs fan. I blame him for leading his team the way he does. all that handshaking and dancing, playing and circus act is what killed the team. They play well when they are having fun but choke when things get tight. On the other hand Jordan was a true leader, he would hold his team accountable and give them an earfull if they did not play well. And as much as I hate to say this. This is the reason why Kobe is still the best, cause he has that.

That was probably one of the most best posts I've read from a Cavs' fan.

tangent12
05-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Hey, no need for that bro!

LOL!! :D

No disrespect man! You guys have a very good team, i'm just saying you might not have had the best of luck. I laughed when i read that post man.. but yeah i meant no disrespect or to offend any fans of either team by saying that. Just a thought/opinion.

PLAYERS FAN
05-14-2010, 03:14 PM
If you can beat the Detroit Pistons in the ECF in 07 that, had the best record in the East that year with a far less talented team, theirs no excuse. Period! The Cavs have the deepest team in the league this year 1-12!

Toenail Clipper
05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
LOL!! :D

No disrespect man! You guys have a very good team, i'm just saying you might not have had the best of luck. I laughed when i read that post man.. but yeah i meant no disrespect or to offend any fans of either team by saying that. Just a thought/opinion.

alright alright, you're dope

Rivera
u have got to be kidding me lebrons stans are already making excuses i actually thought the elbow was going to comeup first then his teammates

saying he has bad teammates crazy since his team has had the best record in the LEAGUE the past 2 seasons

why doesnt lebrons stans try something new and blame this on lebron. i actually thought he didnt play all that well last night and he had a triple double honestly if i didnt look at the box scores and just watched the game KG had a bigger impact on that game. you cant blame his teammates for Lebrons performance in game five

you cant blame the cavs for lebrons 9 turnovers lebron was the first one to quit like that n when the leader of you team quits his teammates followed and quit and didnt even foul at the end of the game thats a disgrace to the game this was all lebrons fault and ima blame mike brown to for changing his rotation and not even using JJ Hickson when was the best matchup vs KG i honestly hate mike brown as a coach he sucks his offense is have the shooters in spread out and let lebron go 1 on 5 the thing with lebron is he needs the ball to b effective he cant get to the block and post someone up if u notice kobe gets to his spot then they give him the ball and kobe has the defense at his mercy. lebron needs the ball at the top of the key then he backs up then he goes to the whole and in this series he really didnt drive the ball like Lebron normally does he was passing it awful quick this series is all on LEBRON admit it lebron stans

RadiantShot
Toenail Clipper is sexier than all.

PLAYERS FAN
05-14-2010, 03:16 PM

1x

RadiantShot
The whole city is, im moving my *** to NY

Even worse.

You're better off just moving to LA or Boston. They could use more fake fans.

That wasn't a diss to you, so don't take it that way, LMAO. :)

Toenail Clipper
Toenail Clipper is sexier than all.

Matt Barnes and you make a cute couple<3

sp1derm00
05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Are you kidding me?!?!?!

Lebron came into the postseason with no excuses. He won 61 games, he got Antawn Jamison and Shaq for almost nothing. ESPN even stated that Lebron had no more excuses, he has a talented and deep team. What happens when Lebron loses? Excuses come flying in and fingers are pointed at his team mates.

RadiantShot
05-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm probably going to buy this if we win in the ECF.

http://www.thenolookpass.com/2010/04/20/fresh-nba-gear-matt-barnes-is-a-scary-man/

Stunner
05-14-2010, 03:33 PM
i'm probably going to buy this if we win in the ecf.

http://www.thenolookpass.com/2010/04/20/fresh-nba-gear-matt-barnes-is-a-scary-man/

lmfao

CLASSOF72
05-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I would include in his defense that he's also a victom of over selous preemptive advertising.

ldc62
05-14-2010, 03:51 PM
this is BS... wasn't everyone talking about how much of a difference Jamison and Shaq was going to make? Excuses...

still1ballin
05-14-2010, 03:52 PM
then don't watch

albertc86
05-14-2010, 03:56 PM
I see the majority of you suffer from short-term memory. LeBron is a victim of bad teammates? Are you serious? Are you forgetting that the Cavs had the best record in the NBA? Now, Kobe really had a terrible supporting cast around him and he was bashed to no end.

Raph12
05-14-2010, 04:04 PM
His supporting cast this year was great, like I said, he did too much on both ends, they became reliant on him and when he couldn't perform, they crumbled.

magikmc
05-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Did anyone even watch the game last night?

His TEAMMATES were TRASH!

Okay, lets talk basketball shall we?

The celtics are a superior defensive team, period. In crunch time i would rate them probably the best defensive team in the league. Most of the time, they had, one if not two, great defenders on LeBron. He still managed to put up respectable numbers on his own, but his team did nothing to help him. All the celtics had to do, was focus on LeBron James, because no one else could hit a shot. The Cavs couldn't focus on one player because the C's have 4 capable top notch players. The lakers have 3 or 4 capable players. etc... The biggest difference between the regular season and the playoffs is that players "step up". The Cavs only have one player who can elevate his game at that time of the year (LeBron). The other contending teams are proven to have players that can step it up when called upon.

In reality LeBron could not have done anything more in Game 6. Sure his 9 turnovers weren't pretty, but thats again, because of the C's defense combined with no one on the Cavs end "making a play", and LeBron probably "trying too hard" to make something happen when it wasn't there.

Lets take the projected 4 best teams in the league.... just using this as an example because i actually think the Suns are a darkhorse but anyways...

Look at this list of players...

I think these are the top players left from those teams in order....

Gamechangers-

Kobe Bryant, LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Pau Gasol
Rajon Rondo
Vince Carter
Ron Artest
Rashard Lewis

2nd tier

Jameer Nelson
Ray Allen
Mo Williams
Antawn Jamison
Lamar Odom
Rasheed Wallace

if you notice, each team left has 3 quality game changers. The Cavs have one, with two 2nd tier players.

Lebron's team isn't as good. They got by with DEPTH in the regular season. Teams don't win in the playoffs with depth, they win with a 9 man rotation.

slapnutz69
05-14-2010, 04:10 PM

The celtics are a superior defensive team, period. In crunch time i would rate them probably the best defensive team in the league. Most of the time, they had, one if not two, great defenders on LeBron. He still managed to put up respectable numbers on his own, but his team did nothing to help him. All the celtics had to do, was focus on LeBron James, because no one else could hit a shot. The Cavs couldn't focus on one player because the C's have 4 capable top notch players. The lakers have 3 or 4 capable players. etc... The biggest difference between the regular season and the playoffs is that players "step up". The Cavs only have one player who can elevate his game at that time of the year (LeBron). The other contending teams are proven to have players that can step it up when called upon.

In reality LeBron could not have done anything more in Game 6. Sure his 9 turnovers weren't pretty, but thats again, because of the C's defense combined with no one on the Cavs end "making a play", and LeBron probably "trying to hard" to make something happen when it wasn't there.

Lets take the projected 4 best teams in the league.... just using this as an example because i actually think the Suns are a darkhorse but anyways...

Gamechangers-

Dwight Howard
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Pau Gasol
Rajon Rondo
Vince Carter
Ron Artest
Rashard Lewis

2nd tier

Jameer Nelson
Ray Allen
Mo Williams
Antawn Jamison
Lamar Odom
Rasheed Wallace

if you notice, each team left has 3 quality game changers. The Cavs have one, with two 2nd tier players.

Lebron's team isn't as good. They got by with DEPTH in the regular season. Teams don't win in the playoffs with depth, they win with a 9 man rotation.

weak dude

Raph12
05-14-2010, 04:17 PM

In reality LeBron could not have done anything more in Game 6. Sure his 9 turnovers weren't pretty, but thats again, because of the C's defense combined with no one on the Cavs end "making a play", and LeBron probably "trying too hard" to make something happen when it wasn't there.

Gamechangers-

Dwight Howard
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Pau Gasol
Rajon Rondo
Vince Carter
Ron Artest
Rashard Lewis

2nd tier

Jameer Nelson
Ray Allen
Mo Williams
Antawn Jamison
Lamar Odom
Rasheed Wallace

Horrible post, capped off with the fact that Mo outplayed Lebron last night, your arguements have no merit.

magikmc
05-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Horrible post, capped off with the fact that Mo outplayed Lebron last night, your arguements have no merit.

Right...

Mo Williams who did nothing in the 2nd half.. and had 22 points, 4 assists, and 7 rebounds.... and played no defense.

Outplayed Lebron who had 27 points, 10 assists, and 19 rebounds who was solid defensively.

Rivera
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM

x2

magikmc
05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
You guys ignore the stats too...

In the playoffs LeBron LED his team in....

Points (29)
Reounds(9.3)
Assists(7.6)
Blocks(1.82)
Steals(1.73)

Thats EVERY major category he led in. Seriously, what more can a guy do?? Aren't you supposed to have other players that pick up the slack in other areas?

Kyben36
05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
so what your saying is, is that lebron needs to find a better suporting cast, well, if its not good enough there, Chicago and or Miami are avalible, so what your saying is he will be a FA and go to one of the teams if he is smart.

and NY isnt a good choice either.

sep11ie
05-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Enough of the LeBron threads, we're victims of bad PSDing

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2010, 04:42 PM
then don't watch

I got a warning for that stillballin:)

but back to the thread

I'm done arguing over lebron supporting crew

he has had the best record in the league for the last 2 years and now your saying his teammates suck...what a joke this thread is

this thread will lead to nowhere

RaiderLakersA's
05-14-2010, 05:06 PM
...he's only 25 and he has more expectations of him than anybody who has ever touched a basketball.

I stopped reading at about this point.

I would argue that LeBron has the same expectations on his shoulders as every other #1 player that has ever suited up for any professional sports organization, to wit, win a title. Call me when he pulls a Magic Johnson and plays every position on the floor, if that's what it takes to win a title.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not anti-LeBron. I'm just not buying the premise that he's a "victim." Those teammates were good enough to help the Cavs to the best record in back to back seasons. They should have been good enough to go deeper than the second round in the playoffs.

SteveNash
05-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I think it's down to 2 things.

1. His teammates aren't that great.

2. LeBron isn't that great.

Iron24th
05-14-2010, 05:14 PM
I think it's down to 2 things.

1. His teammates aren't that great.

2. LeBron isn't that great.

3. And his coach is a moron.

heathonater
05-14-2010, 05:17 PM
you can partially blame the supporting cast, but his no show in game 5 was inexcusable. with all the coverage and numerous comparisons made to great players, he should shoulder alot of the blame for the series loss.

jdmd3
05-14-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm probably going to buy this if we win in the ECF.

Holy crap! That shirt is hilarious!

Lakersfan2483
05-14-2010, 05:30 PM

:clap: +1

Duff
05-14-2010, 05:32 PM
I dont know how many of you noticed but in game 5 i hardly noticed lebron on the court and cavs got smoked... I didnt focus much on him in game 5 and just enjoyed watching the celtics pound on the cavs.

However in game 6 i watched lebron from start to finish. That guy was making terrible pass after terrible pass, even great passes he did make that managed to get through were questionable.

He wasnt playing D at all and went out of his way to grab rebounds whenever he could. He didnt go for a single block all game and was jumping at every pump fake. He was constantly running out to his man because he was drifting around not helping or doing a single thing.

On offense the dude drove to the net only when it was an easy bucket. Taking long 2s and threes was a joke because you could tell he wasnt trying to hit the shots. Suddenly at the first 4 min of the fourth you could actually see him starting to play and try but then out of nowhere again he just stopped playing. He called it quits, began to coast and started playing like Vince Carter's last month with the raptors.

Also note worthly is lebron was looking at the clock everytime he came down the court. Reminded me of that movie blue chips when that kid was shaving points. It was a fix for sure...

I dont get how this is getting over looked and no threads are being posted about how lebron fix the game to lose. I have my own theories as follows:

1) lebron wants outta cleavland so he just blew the game so he has an excuse to leave
2) lebron pulling a kobe to show everyone how **** his team mates are ****
3) lebron's fam is getting death threats and he threw the game to save someone
4) someone on the cavs talked too much **** to lebron saying how they could win without him and lebron cried and is proving a point
- dude is not injuried you can tell when he was trying and not.

There is no denying the facts that lebron threw the game. There is no ifs ands or butts... They should take away the guys mvp trophy for that performance, your thoughts?

marlinsfan24
05-14-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm not even a LeBron fan (see my avatar) but enough is enough already. Give the kid a break.. he's only 25 and he has more expectations of him than anybody who has ever touched a basketball. He's simply the victim of bad coaching and poor management. Sure he doesn't always say the right things but questioning his desire to win is pretty ridiculous. Okay, so he wants to be a billionaire.. so what?

He's put in an incredible amount of work these past few years to improve his weak areas (defense, jumper) and he's going to get better and better. HGH or not (I stipulate he and Dwight have taken PEDs -- in fact I think at least a quarter of NBA players take them in the off-season, but that's another matter) he is the most athletic player to ever play in the NBA, and I enjoy watching him play. I don't know about you guys but I like seeing a guy knock someone's **** to half court or dunk from the free throw line.

Nobody on the Cavs showed up to play this series yet Lebron is getting all the blame. Sounds eerily reminiscent of the Lakers circa 2007.

The bottom line is that basketball is a 5-on-5 game and Kobe still has better players around him than Lebron. In fact, if we had both teams and there was a draft (minus KB/Lebron) I would take FOUR guys off the Lakers (Pau, Bynum, Odom, Artest) before I took ANYONE off the Cavs (Jamison? Mo Williams?)

Lebron's teammates are whack and please find me anyone who's won a championship with whack teammates. MJ and Kobe would tell you it can't be done..

2006 Heat, Wade had a worse team around him and won.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2010, 05:34 PM
bring on more lebron threads

NYKnickFanatic
05-14-2010, 05:36 PM
These never get old...:yawn:

Lakersfan2483
05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Lebron's supporting cast was good enough to help him have the top record in the entire NBA for the past 2 yrs, yet he doesn't have enough help? I am not buying that argument at all. He has an all star point guard in Mo Williams, a serviceable center in Shaq (made the all star team last season) and a very solid backup in Big Z, a top 6th man and premier defender in Varejao, 3 of the top 3 point shooters in the NBA in Parker, Gibson, and Williams. He also has a former all star player in Jamison(20 and 9 for his career but Mike Brown didn't use him properly) that his team got for nothing. Not too mention guys like West, Moon, etc.. that would start on a lot of teams and have done so in the past. Stop with the excuses for Lebron, he had a great opportunity to win it all this year and failed to do so. He was a no show in the most important game of the year.

Most of the analysts in the NBA picked the Cavs and guys like Barkley, Van Gundy, and co. all felt like the Cavs had the deepest team in the NBA and were destined to be champs. All of the so-called NBA analysts were picking Cleveland to win it all and not giving Boston a chance. The Cavs only have themsevles to blame for their failures. Stop with the pity party for Lebron. No one and I mean no one was saying this a few wks. ago, you had guys like Magic Johnson saying the Cavs were the best team in the NBA and were poised to win a title. Now all of a sudden, he doesn't have the teammates to help him win? I am calling BS on that argument.

Raidaz4Life
I hope the mods revoke your ability to ever make a thread again.

AntwanN21
My opinion is he was hurt, i was also watching him closely an no guy can just stand there on the opposite side of the court and watch Delonte West run the offense on the other side and not do anything. Lebron wants a championship odvbiously and this was his chance again to try and get it. Why in the wolrd would he blow one of the biggest games of his career if there wasnt something else that affected his play. While your points are valid I cant see Lebron giving up on a city, his team and himself so he has an excuse to leave

tangent12
05-14-2010, 05:38 PM
This is getting pretty old now. I believe it's best for all of us if we just move on.

RadiantShot
05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm seriously considering QUITTING PSD.

theimortalone
05-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Wow. :pity: What is with these Lebron threads? It's gonna keep on coming all summer long. :yawn: Give it a rest.

Lol I totally agree with you. These LeBron threads are getting old VERY FAST!!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2010, 05:40 PM
My opinion is he was hurt, i was also watching him closely an no guy can just stand there on the opposite side of the court and watch Delonte West run the offense on the other side and not do anything. Lebron wants a championship odvbiously and this was his chance again to try and get it. Why in the wolrd would he blow one of the biggest games of his career if there wasnt something else that affected his play. While your points are valid I cant see Lebron giving up on a city, his team and himself so he has an excuse to leave

nice sig:cool:

GspLAL
05-14-2010, 05:42 PM

And to add to that, you can't go through the season dancing around in games as you blow teams out and acting cocky while humiliating your opponents. Then as the playoffs roll around, suddenly his team isn't good enough?

nycsports2
05-14-2010, 05:43 PM
wwwwhhheeennnn you in nnneeewwwww yoooorrrrrrkkkkk!!!!!!!!

RadiantShot
05-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Holy crap! That shirt is hilarious!

Haha.
Seriously, he really will Kill You.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I rooted for lebron to lose against boston but after seeing the chaos in PSD I wish the cavs could have won the series

Lakersfan2483
05-14-2010, 05:51 PM
How many Lebron threads are created on average?

Ezekial
05-14-2010, 05:52 PM
wwwwhhheeennnn you in nnneeewwwww yoooorrrrrrkkkkk!!!!!!!!

Lebron isn't going to New York..... The only thing coming to New York this year is West Nile.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2010, 05:53 PM
How many Lebron threads are created on average?

2 per minute

AntwanN21
05-14-2010, 05:54 PM
nice sig

yeeahhhhhh

jdmd3
05-14-2010, 05:54 PM
His supporting cast this year was great, like I said, he did too much on both ends, they became reliant on him and when he couldn't perform, they crumbled.

Definitely agree with this. Lebron had a good supporting cast, but as Lebron goes so do the Cavs. Against the Celtics, Lebron was not the usual Lebron that we all know. Lebron settled for a ton of jumpers and often passed the ball too much to his teammates. When Lebron became passive the Cav's confidence crumbled.

macc
05-14-2010, 06:00 PM
and yet another Lebron thread.....:mad:

Korman12
05-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Bull ***t.

Stupid crap, unbelievably stupid.

igPay atinLay
05-14-2010, 06:08 PM
No comment because anything I say the mods will take down.

Maybe this post should be closed.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2010, 06:10 PM
No comment because anything I say the mods will take down.

Maybe this post should be closed.

you mean this thread:laugh:

hugepatsfan
05-14-2010, 06:10 PM
You should quit PSD and never watch another basketball game again.

igPay atinLay
05-14-2010, 06:11 PM
you mean this thread:laugh:

Nice catch.

GspLAL
05-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Pulling a Kobe? The difference is Kobe's team was actually bad, they weren't the number 1 seed with 60+ games dumbass

magikmc
05-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah, it's also the teams fault for having the best record in the NBA, being favored to win it all, and being 1 of the best defensive teams or Lebron takes credit for that only?

Well LeBron could take a lot of credit for that. He did it in the regular season in most of the categories as well. Difference is, teams gameplan in the playoffs, and other players choke in the playoffs/big lights-therefore more attention can be put on one player.

Refer to my post about "gamechanging" players and how the Cavs don't have anyone other than LeBron when it comes to crunch time.

The Prodigy
05-14-2010, 06:20 PM
To the OP and everyone else saying give Lebron a break. Maybe if they spent more time practicing during practice than coming up with new handshakes, making new dances, new picture ideas and three point contests. They should have been practicing how to rebound the ball and stop the Celtics. Im pretty sure Doc Rivers and the Celtics weren't fooling around. Everyone gave Lebron a break when he commited all those childish acts such as dancing during game and said he finally has a supporting cast but as soon as they lose you guys change your opionion bout him and his team. There is absolutely no way you can have the best record two years in a row by a good margin and to have the so called best player in the world and not make it too the Finals once. The Cavs and Lebron are overrated as a whole. They sweep the floors with the bad teams but struggle to survive against other elite teams.

RaiderLakersA's
05-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I hope the mods revoke your ability to ever make a thread again.

:clap:

Kleonidas
05-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Funny stuff, got Lebron's grandma in a Brooklyn basement.

sep11ie
05-14-2010, 06:38 PM

I really am too. At least all the "news threads". It's just overrun by mindless idiots. Maybe all the ESPN reporters/announcers/sportscasters decided to start posting here.

carter15
05-14-2010, 06:39 PM
some of ur theories r great. just great.

Toenail Clipper
05-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Posted May 14 2010 5:00PM

INDEPENDENCE, OH (AP) -- Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry says the elbow injury that bothered LeBron James during the NBA playoffs was bad enough that the team would have rested him during the regular season.

Ferry revealed for the first time that the league's MVP complained about his elbow before an April 8 game in Chicago. He was a late scratch from the starting lineup that night and sat out Cleveland's final four regular-season games.

James was diagnosed with a sprained elbow and bone bruise. He said earlier this week that the elbow was "an issue" he would take care of in the offseason.

Ferry has not been told by anyone that James needs surgery. He said James was informed he couldn't damage the elbow further by playing with the injury.

Yeah LeBron's elbow is the reason why they lost

kEviN21
05-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Number 3

homestarunner93
05-14-2010, 07:01 PM
ToenailClipper making misleading and vague thread titles!

tdunk21
05-14-2010, 07:01 PM
seen enough threads about him from immature people talkin **** about his loss.....if he plays for ur respective teams then all this talk is gone and evry will just stfu and defend him....

td0tsfinest
05-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't think he's making excuses, he's just making it known that's its been a problem since the season was wrapping up.

D1JM
05-14-2010, 07:18 PM
seen enough threads about him from immature people talkin **** about his loss.....if he plays for ur respective teams then all this talk is gone and evry will just stfu and defend him....

don't comment or c things u don't want read about. Or quit PSD for awhile cuz people can post wutever they please even if it hurts ur feelings

jackdawson
05-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Clippers should be moved to Seattle.

stawka
05-14-2010, 07:22 PM

This, especially if he was a Laker

macc
05-14-2010, 07:33 PM
and another lebron thread...

Niro
05-14-2010, 07:44 PM
haha oh man some of you are just full of ....

1. this is the 636348349234 lebron thread this day

2. how is explaining the situation = making an excuse???
he did not say that lebrons elbow is the only reason they lost

tr4shb0t
05-14-2010, 07:51 PM
1) lebron wants outta cleavland so he just blew the game so he has an excuse to leave
4) someone on the cavs talked too much **** to lebron saying how they could win without him and lebron cried and is proving a point

1) No. Doesn't make sense.
2) No. No one would throw away all that work put in for something stupid.
3) maybe
4) Huh? That's random.

I agree that he isn't injured, but just because he isn't hitting jumpers doesn't mean he wasn't trying. Lebron has always been streaky when he doesn't get the calls like usual. Yes, something was definitely wrong with game 5 because Lebron was refusing to guard his man most of the game and had several strange encounters with his team mates. Really it could only be a sudden chemistry thing where he was just emotionally distraught or a threat. Game 6 really just came down to lack of confidence, heart, and good defense by the celtics. Game 5 was the only confusing part.

tdunk21
05-14-2010, 07:56 PM
don't comment or c things u don't want read about. Or quit PSD for awhile cuz people can post wutever they please even if it hurts ur feelings

i never said these comments hurt my feelings....these kinda comments just shows how mature people are....am amazed at the double standards people express in here.....

Oaktown R8ers
05-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Clippers should be moved to Seattle.

seriously how the **** re they still in LA? they have like 50 fans

MrFastBreak
05-14-2010, 07:59 PM
acknowledge: Celtics outstanding play on both ends, Bron's elbow injury, and Mike Brown scrambling his usage patterns, that saw fit to shake up a team that was doing fine already.

Or maybe Dwest did smash Gloria and caused damage to the team's chemistry.

tr4shb0t
05-14-2010, 08:11 PM
that's what sports have always been about. if you don't like it then, well you know

mikantsass
05-14-2010, 08:11 PM
I love the "Blue Chips" shout out in the OP

JasonJohnHorn
05-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Ferry should be fired as fast as mike Brown. Bringing Jamison in was not what the Cavs needed. They needed a guard that could shoot and play some D: Rip Hamilton. THEY ALREADY HAD TWO POWER FORWARDS!!! Hickson and Anderson had been playing well all season, and when Moon steps in off the bench LBJ can play some power forward. And They have BiZ and Shaq at center, so why trade for another power forward? They needed a guard! Delonte West? At shooting guard? The guy is smaller than a lot of point guards!

Ferry has made some moves, but when pus comes to shove, he didnt make the moves that the Cavs really needed.

A new coach would help matters as well, but none of it will matter if LBJ leaves.

captaincharisma
05-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Give me a break. Bad team mates? Z and Shaq aren't in their prime but they're not bad. Anderson is a good hustle player. Jamison is a solid player. All star. Mo is an all star. West can score. Hickson is a good young player. Its not the team.

CowboysKB24
05-14-2010, 08:21 PM

He deserves the criticism. He had the best record two years straight. Last year the Cavs lost to the Magic when they were the favorite and the same thing happened this year. They lost in the second round. You don't win 60 plus games back to back years with no help. His teammates are underrated IMO, but I do agree that Kobe's supporting cast and coaching is better.

This year there is no excuse. Jameson is nasty. He has Shaq, Z, Delonte West, Anderson, and Mo Willaims. That is a pretty good supporting cast. I agree that his coaching staff is terrible. LeBron just isn't there yet. He has bad leadership qualities and isn't great in clutch situations. He can't close series or handle himself well with the media. He creates skits and videos with his players before games, and it shows there lack of focus and immaturity.

LeBron has a ways to go. I actually feel bad for him because he has all this pressure and it is not all his fault that he can't get it done.

zpunk
05-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah on paper the supporting cast sounds good but how many turned up during the playoffs. No one did besides James. So he's team mates still are hopeless.

LA_Raiders
05-14-2010, 08:35 PM
lol, ok

IDB Josh M
05-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Maybe, just maybe, after this flameout the NBA media will finally realize that there's NO SUCH THING as a guarantee to win a ring.

People have been giving LeBron ring cred when he hasn't won crap for his entire career now. Nobody did that for Jordan. Nobody did that for Bird, or Kareem, Hakeem, or KG. Even when Kobe won three people found a way to discredit those three and say he needed to win a fourth. And guess what, Kobe has that dubious honor of being DISCREDITED for the wins he did win!

Kenny Smith couldn't have won a ring without Hakeem. But you know what? Charles was with Hakeem, and he didn't win a ring! So look at it this way LeChoke. You had SHAQ! And Shaq has always had the best wingman at his back.

Lebron James is not as good as the world praises him to be.

whitemamba33
05-14-2010, 08:40 PM
How this stupid thread came to be:

He watched Blue Chips a night before the game. Having been completly blown away by this movie (who wouldn't be), he decided that the entire Nationanl Basketball Association is corrupt just so that he could live out his own personal "Blue Chips" fetish.

Next, he decided to watch game 6 of the Cavs game and did nothing but stare at LeBron James and connect every single move he made to the movie. Did LeBron James just look into the stands? Yes, it was to make eye contact with the criminals sitting in the 3rd row. Did a LeBron James 3-point attempt just rattle out of the net? Yes..he could have made the contested 3, but the man is point shaving!

OOOOOORRRR......MAYBE....

He had an elbow injury that hurt so bad that he had to shoot left handed in a previous game. He still worked his *** off, and managed to put up an incredible triple double.

I dunno which one seems more likely....but what I do know is that this topic didn't need to be made.

Good day.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-14-2010, 08:41 PM
david stern asked lebron to play in slo-mo.

LA_Raiders
05-14-2010, 08:44 PM
what a sore loser...

CowboysKB24
05-14-2010, 08:46 PM
I dont know how many of you noticed but in game 5 i hardly noticed lebron on the court and cavs got smoked... I didnt focus much on him in game 5 and just enjoyed watching the celtics pound on the cavs.

However in game 6 i watched lebron from start to finish. That guy was making terrible pass after terrible pass, even great passes he did make that managed to get through were questionable.

He wasnt playing D at all and went out of his way to grab rebounds whenever he could. He didnt go for a single block all game and was jumping at every pump fake. He was constantly running out to his man because he was drifting around not helping or doing a single thing.

On offense the dude drove to the net only when it was an easy bucket. Taking long 2s and threes was a joke because you could tell he wasnt trying to hit the shots. Suddenly at the first 4 min of the fourth you could actually see him starting to play and try but then out of nowhere again he just stopped playing. He called it quits, began to coast and started playing like Vince Carter's last month with the raptors.

Also note worthly is lebron was looking at the clock everytime he came down the court. Reminded me of that movie blue chips when that kid was shaving points. It was a fix for sure...

I dont get how this is getting over looked and no threads are being posted about how lebron fix the game to lose. I have my own theories as follows:

There is no denying the facts that lebron threw the game. There is no ifs ands or butts... They should take away the guys mvp trophy for that performance, your thoughts?

Just stop trying to defend LeBron.
I am not hating, he is the best player in basketball when it comes to talent.

He lacks the mental phase of the game. He doesn't know how to close out series. He was never mentored by an older veteran. He has no coach to teach him anything because his coach knows less than LeBron does.

I think he will get there sometime in his career, but people forget how hard it is to win a championship. Playoffs are different than the regular season. Celtics played great defense on LeBron and are IMO the best team at defending guys like Kobe, Wade, Bron, or other shooting guards/small forwards.

Bron has some maturing to do. He needs to go to a team with a coach and guys to teach him the intangibles.

DenButsu
05-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I just merged two threads, one originally posted by MoBass (" Enough with the LeBron bashing.. he's a victim of bad teammates"), and the other originally posted by Duff (" Something was fixed about Game5&6... Lebron played half fast"), since they're both essentially about LeBron's performance (in itself and vs. that of his teammates), and changed the thread title accordingly.

Overriding reason: Too many LeBron threads:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485371

tjlipford
05-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Lebron needs to be held accountable for this series. It was not all his fault but he IMO had a lot to do with it. Mike Brown needs to be held accountable for this loss and so does the players. 2 years in a row of having the best record and not even making the championship in either of the two years.

I dont care what his numbers were in game 6, he was not the same player that I have been watching for 7 years. His aggression and usual bounce was just not there. I dont want to hear about his elbow or anything like that. Basketball is a game of mental and u have to be strong in that aspect because when u are regarded as the best then thats when expectations start to arise and pressure starts to builds.

Im not making excuses and no one here in Cleveland is making any excuses for the L that Boston gave us. No one is making excuses for Lebron either, but people here who have seen every game since he has been in the league know, that was not the same Lebron that we have been watching. Boston did play some solid defense but he just didnt look like he cared.

Again I am not making any excuses at all. Boston was clearly the better team with more heart and a better coach. I mean Lebron just didnt look into the game and his body language showed it to. No excuses being made for him. Maybe the pressure was just too much for him and he didnt know how to handle it, is what I am really trying to get at. The thing is no one ever said that winning a championship would be easy and every champ has to battle some type of adversity and that is why only the strong survive.

Just a great series by the Boston Celtics!!!!

evadatam5150
05-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Kobe had already won. He had a free pass. LeBron has no such thing.

LeBron's cast up until this year have been laughable. He finally got some guys around him, albeit one was the oldest player in the league, the other guy never really got a chance to blend in, and the other is an "all-star" point-guard who notoriously runs away in big games.

But this year he wasn't great. The previous 2-3 years, he was phenomenal. This year, for whatever reason, he wasn't LeBron James. He deserves more blame this year than any year before.

And on that note, this thread probably will be euthanized.

Let's be complete honest here, the league was shamed and forced to make Mo an All Star cause he sure wasn't voted an All Star that year.. I've said it once I'll say it again and again, it never ceases to amaze me how That team won so many games during the regular season with the guys surrounding LJ..

Trouble87
05-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Lebron and that Cavs team just dropped the ball. I honestly couldn't believe they lost more than 2 games to the Celtics.

Mo Williams, Delonte West, Antwan Jamison, and Anderson Verajao shouldve stepped it up a lil more. Team chemistry aside that team wasn't built to win, The Cavs were built to contend. They have to make some trades and do a serious roster revamp regardless of what Lebron does this summer. That team is going nowhere with the current cast of characters. They also need a young scoring big man in the worst possible way.

I feel bad for Ilgauskas... Cleveland needed to win for him. I was rooting for Cleveland on the low this postseason.

dodie53
05-15-2010, 02:58 AM
imo,
LBJ's supporting cast is good,
all of them are to blame for their early exit

_KB24_
05-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Yeah right, his cast is still trash? Too bad Mo was the only one who showed up in Game 6 early on. Wasn't for him, you could expect another 30 point massacre. He was their best player that night. Lebron was a walking turnover machine. 9 turnovers in an elimination game. ouch.

CAVS21
05-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Yes, they were just terrible, all of them. But how divided did that team get if the DWest/Gloria James rumors are true? I know its old news by now but maybe finding out Delonte was puttin his hot sauce in Gloria's bag:speechless: really messed with LeBron's head a bit and that consumed his every thought. I'm not laying it out as an excuse but imagine being LBJ in that situation ya know?

J-Relo
05-15-2010, 04:34 AM
Cavs roster is quite good but they don't stick...

they needed second option - Jamison didn't deliver... i guess Amare would have...

DCB/LAL
05-15-2010, 04:58 AM
I said they weren't built for the playoffs and ALOT OF THESE PSD "EXPERTS" argued with ME.

I should look up posts and call them out......they know who they are!! :D

CrotchetyOldMan
05-15-2010, 12:36 PM
There's a ton of reasons the cavs lost the series...First and foremost, Mike Brown is not a good head coach and was completely outclassed by Doc Rivers...LeBron's elbow was obviously bothering him...but what I think hurt the most going into the playoffs was the resting of players losing their chemistry (IMO Resting players before the playoffs is one of the worst things a team in any sport can do), the inability to work in Antawn Jamison, and Shaq's injury keeping him out so long that there was little cohesion in the lineup when he returned, and Brown not being man enough to sit shaq...Not saying they would have won but they would have been much better off maintaining their consistency with Hickson and Varejao playing alot more minutes...Mike Brown is who I would say is the biggest disappointment this season...On top of all that I would say overall once the playoffs started the Celtics rolled back the clock and are playing like the HOFers they are...They were dominant and I'm not sure there's much the Cavs could have done even playing well...I've got the Celtics in 6 against the Magic who have not been tested and took 7 to get past a battered beat down Garnettless Celtics last year...

JordansBulls
05-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Bulls.com (http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bulls_blog/2010/05/cavs-out-of-playoffs-lebron-headed-to-bulls.html)

Forget positions. He can play anywhere, and probably one of the bigger issues with the Cavs is he has monopolized the ball too much. That took Mo Williams, for instance, out of games, and I thought the first half Thursday for the Cavs was better because Williams plays better with the ball. When James took over more after halftime, Williams became more a standstill player, which is when hes not at his best.

CowboysKB24
05-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Everyone loves LeBron and praises the hell out of him all season long until they lose game 5. Then it is about how bad his teammates are and what not. Cavs are stacked like any other great team in this league. They didn't get it done. ESPN rode them all year long and so did most of us. I sure as hell thought they'd get past the second round.

Lakersho
05-15-2010, 01:38 PM

scary post because it is the truth

Lakersho
05-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes, they were just terrible, all of them. But how divided did that team get if the DWest/Gloria James rumors are true? I know its old news by now but maybe finding out Delonte was puttin his hot sauce in Gloria's bag:speechless: really messed with LeBron's head a bit and that consumed his every thought. I'm not laying it out as an excuse but imagine being LBJ in that situation ya know?

and knowing that his mom got ate by a dude with that herpe sore in corner of his mouth would suck... valtreks is cheap, Lbj chokin cuz his mom got choked is not valid excuse...

RadiantShot
05-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Posted this in another thread :

I think it will be mixed. If I was LeBron, I'm not sure I'd want to stay either. It's basketball. They are all trying to win a Championship, and although LeBron is young, he wants it now. He's hungry for one, and he just got shut down in the Playoffs, twice in a row, while having one of the best regular-season teams in a couple years. Some fans will boo him, strictly for their ignorance; While others will praise what he did for Cleveland, and the memories, and excitement he brought along with him. They have to see it from his perspective too. They can't just expect LeBron to stay there forever, because THEY want him to, even if he's not winning a Championship.

Lakersho
05-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Lebron needs to be held accountable for this series. It was not all his fault but he IMO had a lot to do with it. Mike Brown needs to be held accountable for this loss and so does the players. 2 years in a row of having the best record and not even making the championship in either of the two years.

I dont care what his numbers were in game 6, he was not the same player that I have been watching for 7 years. His aggression and usual bounce was just not there. I dont want to hear about his elbow or anything like that. Basketball is a game of mental and u have to be strong in that aspect because when u are regarded as the best then thats when expectations start to arise and pressure starts to builds.

Im not making excuses and no one here in Cleveland is making any excuses for the L that Boston gave us. No one is making excuses for Lebron either, but people here who have seen every game since he has been in the league know, that was not the same Lebron that we have been watching. Boston did play some solid defense but he just didnt look like he cared.

Again I am not making any excuses at all. Boston was clearly the better team with more heart and a better coach. I mean Lebron just didnt look into the game and his body language showed it to. No excuses being made for him. Maybe the pressure was just too much for him and he didnt know how to handle it, is what I am really trying to get at. The thing is no one ever said that winning a championship would be easy and every champ has to battle some type of adversity and that is why only the strong survive.

Just a great series by the Boston Celtics!!!!

x2

CowboysKB24
05-15-2010, 02:05 PM
They just got outplayed and out coached. The team was good enough, they just didn't execute. It is really not that hard to comprehend. Everyone makes excuses. There is no excuses in the playoffs. When the playoffs started no one was talking about how bad Mike Brown is, no one was talking about how terrible the supporting cast was. Everything was "Cavs all the way, LeBron is going to win."

There are only reasons now. LeBron can't handle the pressure, he isn't a great leader. He isn't great at closing series or playing well in clutch games. Mike Brown is a joke. Cavs were held to under 90 four times in that series. The supporting cast wasn't ready and couldn't handle the pressure either. They didn't come together or look in sync at all. Give credit to Boston. Most of the Cavs problems are directly related to how great the Celtics played. Their defense was unreal and the offense was good.

Stay_Swim
05-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Any arguments about this years best player was put to rest after he failed yet again to deliver a ring. Oh wait though he had no help remember!

Well thats funny because i remember Clev fans telling before the season started how great of a team hey had. How Mo Williams was a perfect second option, Del West, the perfect guard coming off the bench. Shaq. You name it, clev was diggin it. Now look what happened.
'Brick got Antawn Jamison, and really failed with him. How can he not make it work with Antawn Jamison? All he does is hit jumpers and rebound the ball, and he's done tat wherever he's ever been, so whats the problem?

hugepatsfan
05-30-2010, 08:27 AM
The Cavs built their team wrong, IMO. This is the starting unit you try to surround LBJ (SF) with:

PG: A Derek Fisher type - bring the ball up to halfcourt, pass to LBJ, run to the 3 point line, make a shot if passed to, Delonte West is good for this
SG: A guy that can shoot for himself but also get open on screens, think Joe Johnson or Ray Allen (although a lesser but similar player is fine)
PF: A pick and roll OR pick and pop player, this should be where the #2 option is, I think J.J. Hickson could develop into this
C: Energy, rebounding, defense - Vareajo is perfect

Stay_Swim
05-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Oh look another excuse thread for Lebrick James! You kids kill me with this Lebrick talk.

Hey you want some real advice.

Turn on your TV.

Turn on the Lakers game.

Watch Kobe play.

Any questions after that you still have, address them with a hammer to your fourhead because it's not even close between Lebrick and the Greatest Player in the World, Kobe Bryant.

You wanna watch a real Superstar handle bizz, watch Kobe dominate...IN THE PLAYOFFS.

You know when it REALLY matters.

Stay_Swim
05-30-2010, 08:54 AM
The Cavs built their team wrong, IMO. This is the starting unit you try to surround LBJ (SF) with:

PG: A Derek Fisher type - bring the ball up to halfcourt, pass to LBJ, run to the 3 point line, make a shot if passed to, Delonte West is good for this
SG: A guy that can shoot for himself but also get open on screens, think Joe Johnson or Ray Allen (although a lesser but similar player is fine)
PF: A pick and roll OR pick and pop player, this should be where the #2 option is, I think J.J. Hickson could develop into this
C: Energy, rebounding, defense - Vareajo is perfect

Right because Antawn Jamison hasn't been a perfect pick and pop type of player his ENTIRE CAREER.:rolleyes:

You know I could make a show out of this. It would be called "Next" and it would be me, just taking calls about exuses why Lebrick can't deliver. And I'll just take excuse after excuse saying NEXT after each excuse, then I'll talk about why each excuse is just as pathetic as the next. God knows there are enough people drooling on his undercarriage.:facepalm:

Raph12
05-30-2010, 12:48 PM
No excuses, he had a great cast this year and still screwed it up after being up 2-1, it's all on him, don't try to put the blame on others.

hugepatsfan
05-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Right because Antawn Jamison hasn't been a perfect pick and pop type of player his ENTIRE CAREER.:rolleyes:

You know I could make a show out of this. It would be called "Next" and it would be me, just taking calls about exuses why Lebrick can't deliver. And I'll just take excuse after excuse saying NEXT after each excuse, then I'll talk about why each excuse is just as pathetic as the next. God knows there are enough people drooling on his undercarriage.:facepalm:

I made a mistake in my original post - I meant pick and roll AND (not or) pick and pop player. In other words, a great all around scorer. This is where his second superstar should be. They should have dealt for Amare. Antwan Jamison is not the superstar, although I like him as a player.

marlinsfan24
05-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Lebron chocked again

NBAfan4life
05-30-2010, 01:24 PM

Well put^^

I think he might of been more concerned with getting to summer to plan his future. I dont think he thinks his team could of beat the Magic or the Lakers and he did not give it his all. I know he will be back next year to defend his MVP and most likey compete for a championship

JNA17
05-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Any arguments about this years best player was put to rest after he failed yet again to deliver a ring. Oh wait though he had no help remember!

Well thats funny because i remember Clev fans telling before the season started how great of a team hey had. How Mo Williams was a perfect second option, Del West, the perfect guard coming off the bench. Shaq. You name it, clev was diggin it. Now look what happened.
'Brick got Antawn Jamison, and really failed with him. How can he not make it work with Antawn Jamison? All he does is hit jumpers and rebound the ball, and he's done tat wherever he's ever been, so whats the problem?

:facepalm:

Stay_Swim
05-30-2010, 01:50 PM
:facepalm:

I call your :facepalm:, and raise you :facepalm::facepalm: for disagreeing with me.