PDA

View Full Version : Looking back, could Antawn Jamison have been an even better fit for the Magic?

NightMayer1558
05-14-2010, 10:53 AM
When Jamison was traded to the Cavs, I was scratching my head wondering if the Magic were even pursuing the guy. While I'm not sure what they could've offered for him (maybe a combination of Redick, Bass, and filler since they were looking for expirings), I honestly think he would have been a perfect fit there. A stretch PF who was a very solid rebounder to take some of the pressure off Dwight, could bang in the post, and still stretch the floor with his 3 point shooting. Slide Shard to his natural SF position and have a lineup more like:

Nelson/Williams
Carter/Pietrus
Lewis/Barnes
Jamison/Anderson
Howard/Gortat

It was also a known fact that the Cavs were guaranteed Troy Murphy if they couldn't get Jamison, and Murphy, who was 2 inches taller than AJ, might've helped out against KG better.

If the Magic got Jamison, and the Cavs got Murphy, what do you think would be going on right now?

clutchski
05-14-2010, 11:26 AM
They probably didn't like his contract..and were happy with their team at the time. This may sound obvious, but just because the Cavs were after him doesn't mean other teams should jump on the bandwagon.

If they got Jamison I don't think the Magic would be that much better to justify his contract.

TrueFan420
05-14-2010, 11:45 AM
^^^^^^^^ dude that goal is so dirty

Sly Guy
05-14-2010, 11:49 AM
just one more SF jamison will look awkwardly smaller when standing beside.....

Lakerfrk
05-14-2010, 11:49 AM
I think what makes Rashard Lewis so effective is that he IS a power forward... sliding him to the 3 would mean that his quickness advantage is lost, and he does not utilize his size very well in the first place.

Also, trading away Redick for Jamison would have been HORRIBLE. J.J. has been an absolute stud for the Magic this year. Jamison would have been good for the Magic yes, but Lewis already fills those shoes, and is a better 3 point shooter.

mikantsass
05-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Rashard IMO cannot play SF. He is better as a PF and at this point in time he is a better PF than Jamison. I think the Magic did a job job not making any moves.

beasted86
05-14-2010, 12:07 PM
How about the Magic shouldn't waste $31M combined on 2 tweener PF/SFs...

Jamison $11.5M
Lewis $19.5M

$31M? why do this?

Raph12
05-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Shard is a better 4 than Jamison, he has the height, length, size and is a better shooter than Jamison and he's younger as well. Jamison is under contract until he's 35, not a risk the Magic want to take.

*Superman*
05-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm happy with Shard. He can hit clutch shots. Jaminson would have been nice, but screwed up the chemistry.

clutchski
05-14-2010, 12:35 PM
^^^^^^^^ dude that goal is so dirty

:p thanks but I just changed it..it was a great goal :D

clutchski
05-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm happy with Shard. He can hit clutch shots. Jaminson would have been nice, but screwed up the chemistry.

That's the way I see it, why risk the contract and screwing up the chemistry if you have a good thing going. I think the cavs were in a slightly different situation than that.

Sadds The Gr8
05-14-2010, 12:42 PM
I think what makes Rashard Lewis so effective is that he IS a power forward... sliding him to the 3 would mean that his quickness advantage is lost, and he does not utilize his size very well in the first place.

This.

jdmd3
05-14-2010, 01:06 PM
I don't think it makes them better. Lewis is a better fit because he draws defenders to the 3pt line and plays better D. The only upgrade that Jamison brings is rebounding especially offensive on the offensive end.