PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean that Coach Mike Brown is a dead man?

jusscallmez
05-14-2010, 03:01 AM
I think he's gone, to me he's never been a great coach, just a guy lucky to have arguably the best player in the league. IDK, he just looks dumbfounded and stupid looking on the sidelines.

CAVS21
05-14-2010, 03:08 AM
I think he's gone, to me he's never been a great coach, just a guy lucky to have arguably the best player in the league. IDK, he just looks dumbfounded and stupid looking on the sidelines.

Well put......I totally agree.:clap::clap:

Not just because we just got handled by the Cs either, but because for quite a while I've felt that way.....he just doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

MaHaRaJaH
05-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Curious as to how Phil Jackson could have molded him.
3 GOATS under one man...

iggypop123
05-14-2010, 03:17 AM
brown might have been fired during his press conference. i really beleive that.

Toenail Clipper
05-14-2010, 03:18 AM
Coach Mike Brown is a joke!

CAVS21
05-14-2010, 03:20 AM
Curious as to how Phil Jackson could have molded him.
3 GOATS under one man...

:clap:

ya never know....

CAVS21
05-14-2010, 03:21 AM
brown might have been fired during his press conference. i really beleive that.

hahahah good one, I hope

soonabooma
05-14-2010, 03:25 AM
Mike Brown is about as good of a basketball coach as Brad Childress is a football coach.....so there's your answer, get that fool out of there and get a real coach.

Seriously, that's about as close of a comparison as I can come up with. Take Adrian Peterson and Lebron James out of the equation, and those two guys are working at a freaking McDonalds......Taco Bell if they're lucky.

Sadds The Gr8
05-14-2010, 03:25 AM
He's longgggggg gone. Good riddance, and I'm not even a Cavs fan.

THE MTL
05-14-2010, 03:26 AM
He was always a bad coach. He just has Lebron James and you always gonna look good with the best player in the league. However, I look at his plays and coaching ability and its not good. His gameplan really doesnt incorporate other guys.

Especially Jamison. That guy averaged 20ppg in Washington for years and became a scrub on the Cavs. I mean Jamison is a product of a bad team, but at the same time they could have used him better.

COBY KARL
05-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Sure hope so. This guy is not a good coach, absurd that he even got COTY, and Jerry Sloan never did.
He doesn't know how to make adjustments and when he tries, he fails miserably.
For example: Shaq guarding Garnett resulted in him just stepping out and draining five jumpers in a row. He should've started Varejao in the first place, and given some minutes to J.J. Hickson.

rasajr23
05-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Mike Brown's bail out plan was Lebron... I think in order to entice Lebron to stay they will ask him his thoughts on keeping him or letting him go

Becks2307
05-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Mike Brown is the reason the Cavs never won. They should have fired him after last year

203 Uconn LaL
05-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Lebron said he liked mike brown but who knows about that now after last night. I think he's gonna get canned,wouldn't be surprised if ferry did either, that decision to go with jamison instead of stoudemire was a bone head one.

sventhedog
05-14-2010, 06:56 AM
say goodbye to brown. who else can you blame? you wish you could blame lebron but he controls this whole cavs organization.

great defenses didn't allow lebron to drive to the lane as much. that showed how his outside shot is still not that reliable. only stupid people will use the over-50%-fg argument.

THE MTL
05-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Lebron said he liked mike brown but who knows about that now after last night. I think he's gonna get canned,wouldn't be surprised if ferry did either, that decision to go with jamison instead of stoudemire was a bone head one.

Stoudemire wasnt a done deal. And in this trade they kept all their assets (didnt work but at the time it looked good lol).

sventhedog
05-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Stoudemire wasnt a done deal. And in this trade they kept all their assets (didnt work but at the time it looked good lol).

i agree.

another thing is they were targeting jamison and murphy because they want to match-up better with orlando. how can we say stoudemire will help them if ever they faced the magic. they'll probably get eliminated just a round later.

Daze9900
05-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Yeah I hate how mike brown doesn't make in game adjustments unless it's blatantly obvious (I.E bring Varajaeo when you're down 10 or getting killed inside) I was waiting for him to bring in J.J Hickson to make Sheed play just a little defense on the other end. I didn't understand putting Shaq on Garnett at the start. Mike Brown comes up with one game plan then it's all Lebron if it isnt' working. He needs to be out.

akay47
05-14-2010, 07:51 AM
**** mike brown, should've been fired a long time ago, he's not even a real coach man, just someone who does what lebron wants

PrettyBoyJ
05-14-2010, 07:53 AM

lmaoo:clap: I thought I was the only one who thought that.. this guy doesnt really look like a coach.. he's more of a fan.. especially of Lebron.. you never see phill jackson suck kobe D*** so much.. this guy constantly praising the guy as if he didnt have a gameplan or he had to get LBJ consent before doin anythin.. wen u coach a great player you gotta control them and they gotta respect you.. Kobe has it for phill and so did MJ.. Idk if anyone notices wen Kobe does somethin so impressive Phil Jackson never seems impressed.. Wen Lebron does somethin Mike Brown is all over him.. they guy is average mayb below..

superkegger
05-14-2010, 08:25 AM
I don't think they'll kill him, probably just fire him.

JayW_1023
05-14-2010, 08:48 AM
He was never a great coach to begin with. If he had to coach a team without a superstar like LBJ, he'd be a one and done coach like Jeff Bzdelik, Bob Hill or Michael Curry.

JasonJohnHorn
05-14-2010, 09:07 AM
I was always down that the Cavs fired Paul Silas. I thought he was actually a decent coach.

Mike Brown... he seems like a nice enough guy, in '08 when Boston ousted the Cavs, it was becuase Mike Brown had no play-set. I cant even count how many times the guy ran isolation plays for James and just had him do all the work. One guy can only do so much. Last year was better, but when it came to Orlando, he just didnt know how to respond to the match-ups that were hurting the Cavs. Gusy like Lenny Wilkens, Larry Brown, Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Gerg Popovic, when the playoffs role around and you have a seven game series, those guys know how to make adjustments to match-ups that are hurting their team. Mike Brown just never did that. Last year, or this year. and putting LBJ on Rondo? Seriously? I mean, we all know LBJ is a great defender, but the Cavs needed him on the wing, guard Pierce (Pierce made Jamison look like a grandmother that night). Last year the Magic exploited te small back court match-ups and Mike Brown never made any adjustments, this year he put his big defender on the wing (james) on the point guard and just made matter worse!

I would have fired him in '08 and 09. I just dont think he is the kind of coach that can get the job done in the post season.

and the Jamison trade didnt help. I know hind sight is 20/20, but even before the trade deadline I was saying the Cavs should have been calling up the Pistons and trying to work out a deal for Hamilton or Prince. The Cavs already had O'Neal, Anderson and Hickson, and would have likely got Big Z back, and wit Moon coming off the bench they could also move James to power forward for some minutes: THE CAVS DID NOT NEED ANOTHER POWER FORWARD!!! They needed a guard and Hamilton would have been perfect!

so fire the GM while you're at it, for not firing Brown and for not making the right moves.

mark1125
05-14-2010, 09:15 AM
I agree that Brown is not a good coach. However, I am amazed at how quickly everyone glosses over how KING MVP James disappeared at times. You can toss out the tanking or injury excuse. He just folded like a house of cards to the Celtics.

DP06
05-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Even though I agree that mike brown is not the worlds greatest coach, he was just blessed to have Lebron on his roster, I feel that clevelands monumental collapse is not his fault. There is only so much a coach can do and the rest falls on the players and let's face it the cavs simply showed no interest whatsoever in wanting to advance. They gave up plain and simple. Towards the end of last nights game, mike brown was scream for them to foul and none of the cav listened, they looked like a team that had no will to win. Don't get me wrong mike brown will get fired because it is easier to fire the coach than replace 15 players, but I don't think it was his fault. Lebron needs to man up and take the blame for this, because it was all his fault. His infatuation with being a billion dollar athlete cost him and his team a chance at a title.

ryder78c
05-14-2010, 09:19 AM
i dont get how avery johnson doesnt have a job but some how mike brown does....id take alot of former players over brown! i take patrick ewing over mike brown Julius"DR.J" Erving needs to take a crack at coaching i'd take him over brown even without experience

i think Gary Payton talks enough to be a coach and would be a better coach then brown lol

kareem abdul jabbar would be a better coach,Magic would be a better coach,even mutumbo over brown

JasonJohnHorn
05-14-2010, 09:43 AM
I agree that Brown is not a good coach. However, I am amazed at how quickly everyone glosses over how KING MVP James disappeared at times. You can toss out the tanking or injury excuse. He just folded like a house of cards to the Celtics.

Yeah, totally folded, with that 27 points 19 rebounds and 10 assists? I mean, Dwight Howard does better than that night in and night out, and Kobe puts up better numbers on his worst day. Yes, totally folded. Like in game one when he only got 35 points and 7 assists and 7 rebounds? He wasnt even trying. And the 24, 7 and 7 in game to. the Clipper's bench posts better number than that. And game three he only got 38, 8 and 7? Who does this guy think he is slackin off like that. And game four's near tripple double 22, 9 and 8? i mean, this guy has no all around game, especially considering he only got 2 steals and 1 block that game.

So he has one bad game in the series, and another game where he gives up 7 turnovers. James had a great series, he closed it out strong, and post number that were better than the averages posted by anybody in Boston that series. Rondo had that amazing game, but James was up there every night save one, and one bad game out of 11 playoff games this year, not bad at all.

the lakers, Celtics and Magic can all afford to watch their star player shoot like $#!T or get in foul trouble early because they all have guys like Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Garnett, Pierce, Rondo, Allen, Nelson, Lewis and Carter to back them up. LBJ doesnt have the kind of support those teams have. Old Shaq. Old Z, aging Jamison and a point guard who wouldnt crack most people's top ten point guard lists. There is no consistent big time scorer with James to help ease the load and Mike Brown didnt know how to use the other tools he had to help his team win.

twoearl
05-14-2010, 09:49 AM

Was it Mike Brown's fault that Lebron has almost 10 Turnovers last night?

Was it mike brown fault that Jamison had about four open 3 pointers and missed them ALL?

Was it Mike Brown's fault that Moe Williams came only played well in ONE game?

I am not saying Mike Brown is a Hall of Fame coach, But how are you going to penalize him for having a great player? All coaches need great players to win. Has PHIL Jackoson ever won WITHOUT MJ or what about Papavich has he ever won WITHOUT Duncan? People were calling for Doc River's job before he got the big 3 in Boston, now all of a sudden he is a good coach? LOL

SirCalvin81
05-14-2010, 09:54 AM
hes definitely going to be fired

RadiantShot
05-14-2010, 09:56 AM
He's not a good coach. He had arguably one of the most talented teams in the league, and couldn't make it past the 2nd round? What a joke.

He choked, and not the way people think; I know I'm going to get some arguments. Plain and simple. If LeBron leaves, he's gone. I doubt anyone would want Mike Brown as a head coach for quite some while.

Coaches have a big influence on their team. I mean, look what they wired the other night. I heard Doc Rivers saying, "GUYS...I KNOW YOU WANT IT...IF YOU WANT IT...YOU HAVE TO DO IT TOGETHER."

They didn't even wire Mike Brown. Goes to show you somethin'.

Rentzias
05-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Mike Brown without LeBron is like Jenna Jameson without the pr0n industry.

sventhedog
05-14-2010, 10:07 AM
that's just the way it is. people wants results. if they don't get it, they find someone to blame. since you can't easily waive any player on the team, the coach would be the most convenient person to blame and change. another thing is the cavs wouldn't be stupid to blame lebron and give any reason for him to consider leaving them. whatever lebron says, the cavs have to obey. if lebron wants jay-z to coach the team, it would happen. lol.

so much blame on brown but lebron had major influence in the team he has. he molded them to be clowns instead of basketball players. he taught them how to be so concerned with showing off while he could've taught him more important things. when they needed to make shots, they were thinking about the game 7 pre-game skit or making the 3pt gesture or dancing.

i think lebron also deserves to share with brown how they failed. it's just that anything that will upset lebron would mean hundreds of millions lost profit.

mark1125
05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, totally folded, with that 27 points 19 rebounds and 10 assists? I mean, Dwight Howard does better than that night in and night out, and Kobe puts up better numbers on his worst day. Yes, totally folded. Like in game one when he only got 35 points and 7 assists and 7 rebounds? He wasnt even trying. And the 24, 7 and 7 in game to. the Clipper's bench posts better number than that. And game three he only got 38, 8 and 7? Who does this guy think he is slackin off like that. And game four's near tripple double 22, 9 and 8? i mean, this guy has no all around game, especially considering he only got 2 steals and 1 block that game.

So he has one bad game in the series, and another game where he gives up 7 turnovers. James had a great series, he closed it out strong, and post number that were better than the averages posted by anybody in Boston that series. Rondo had that amazing game, but James was up there every night save one, and one bad game out of 11 playoff games this year, not bad at all.

the lakers, Celtics and Magic can all afford to watch their star player shoot like $#!T or get in foul trouble early because they all have guys like Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Garnett, Pierce, Rondo, Allen, Nelson, Lewis and Carter to back them up. LBJ doesnt have the kind of support those teams have. Old Shaq. Old Z, aging Jamison and a point guard who wouldnt crack most people's top ten point guard lists. There is no consistent big time scorer with James to help ease the load and Mike Brown didnt know how to use the other tools he had to help his team win.

Lebron is supposedly a god.....part of being this god is putting a team on your shoulders and taking them to the next level. He disappeared at times, his shooting was suspect, and he was sloppy with his passes. Sure he was decent, but nowhere close to the player he should be and will be paid to be.

Hawkeye15
05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
He does need to go. He was outcoached badly. In fact, not really. The Celtics don't change gameplan. Why on earth were Shaq and Big Z in the game??????????? You take away the single advantage you have, athletic ability on the inside. He made the wrong adjustments, didn't play the right people, didn't attempt to set up James anywhere but up top, I could go on and on. He did a terrible job. He needs to be fired.

Melo15
05-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Mike Brown is a joke, they had no offensive schemes at all it seemed like. The only reason he was around was because they wanted someone that LeBron could use as the puppet while he basically ran the team. Mike Brown is as good as gone.

JasonJohnHorn
05-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Lebron is supposedly a god.....part of being this god is putting a team on your shoulders and taking them to the next level. He disappeared at times, his shooting was suspect, and he was sloppy with his passes. Sure he was decent, but nowhere close to the player he should be and will be paid to be.

I'm not saying he played perfect, but you're saying he "folded". A guy who is folding, a guy who is giving up, he doesnt pull in 19 rebounds. He had three games with high turnovers, but that is how he played most of the season. Turnovers are not always caused by the guy passing, they are often caused by the recipient fo the pass who doenst come to the pass or handles the pass well. So one night he get 7 assists and 1 turnover, the next he'r 10 and 9. 10 and 9 is not good, but its still better than Dwight Howard could ever hope for, and not all those were his fault. Yes, he had three nights with bad shooting, but he was also smart enough to defer those nights and pass first. He had a solid series though and the triple double he dropped in game six is a clear indication that he was not foldning by a long shot. Pierce is a great defender and has always got James to shoot a lower percentage, just like James gets him to shoot a lower percentage. But over all James played well. Kobe, Pierce, Garnett, Howard, those guys can all have quite nights and even horribly bad nights, because they have guys who are more talented than anybody on the Cavs. I'd take Rashad Lewis and Carter over any of the wing players on the Cavs outside of LBJ, (though I might take Anderson over Carter for his rebounds) and Garnett has Pierce, Rondo and Allen, all of whom are better than anybody outside of LBJ on teh Cavs, and the Cavs would give up anyone player on their roster to have a guy like Gasol, Bynum or Odom next to LBJ, but we know the Lakers wouldnt trade any of those three for anybody on the cavs.

Its easier for teams ro focus their defence on James, so it harder for him to shoot consistently high percentages in a seires because he gets different defensive sets throw at him and gets little help from teammates AND NONE FROM HIS COACH! considering what he had to play through, James did very well.

you can disagree, and i see where you are coming from, because he did have a couple of high turnover nights, and he did shot low percentages a couple nights, but he still had a better series than anybody on either team and outisde of game 5, his team's losing had nothing to do with his performance.

mavwar53
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
He should be gone, unless LBJ says he's coming back only if he's coach.

GSW Hoops
05-14-2010, 11:35 AM
It's hard to justify firing a coach who has won 60+ games. Having said that, I think he's failed to produce in the playoffs one too many times.

RaiderLakersA's
05-14-2010, 11:42 AM
I think he's done. I hate to say it, but he appears to have been outcoached in every playoff series that they've been in these last few seasons. He'll pick up somewhere as an assistant coach.

Slimsim
05-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Mike Brown > Phil Jackson.

GSW Hoops
05-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Mike Brown > Phil Jackson.

:laugh2:

kyleh1987
05-14-2010, 11:55 AM
if mike brown isnt fired i would be completely shocked.

path2zion
05-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Funeral is scheduled for 9 AM Monday morning.

DMasta718
05-14-2010, 12:41 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/b832g4.jpg

Sadds The Gr8
05-14-2010, 12:45 PM

:laugh:

*Superman*
05-14-2010, 12:51 PM
You should see the one with words on it, even funnier.

*Superman*
05-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Someone on ESPN said it best, LeBron needs a coach not a fan.

CAVS21
05-14-2010, 12:53 PM

bahaha yep that's Mike Brown in a nutshell

jdmd3
05-14-2010, 12:54 PM
He'll be fired. Just too many mistakes for a team that had high expectations.

CrotchetyOldMan
05-14-2010, 01:23 PM
He definitely needs to be fired...He is a defensive assistant and a great one at that but he is not a head coach...He has no, i mean absolutely no offensive gameplan after coaching for what 5-6 years...He still has no idea what to do on offense and neither do his assistants...I do place alot of the blame for the Cavs offensive offense on Mike Brown...He has good enough players to score alot of points and yet every night and especially in the playoffs with the stakes highest i rarely saw a set play run that didn't look like some sort of playground street ball...If Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson or even Doc Rivers had this team they would be dominant offensively...They probably would have won 2 titles by now...It is inexcusable that he has been unable to solve any offensive problems, not to mention his inability to stand up to a player like LBJ and his complete ineptitude at seeing and making positive adjustments during a series...The biggest problem for the Cavs is that I don't see a coach available that has the ability to coach LBJ as a superior if he stays...Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Doc, Larry Brown or even Mike D'Antoni are the only coaches I can think of that could command the respect they need from LBJ in order to be a true coach as opposed to a fan or manager...Can you guys think of any other coaches that could pull it off?

Raph12
05-14-2010, 01:35 PM

LMFAO!!!!!

Poor Lebron lol.

CrotchetyOldMan
05-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I know its off topic but all I can say to you Raph12 is good luck...Boston is playing as good if not better than 2 years ago and it took the Magic 7 to beat them last year without Garnett and with a lesser Rondo...I really see the Celtics taking the title again this year...Should be a fun series to watch though cause the Magic are playing at a high level too but they have yet to be tested at all in the playoffs this year and I think that's gonna hurt them this series...