PDA

View Full Version : shaq leaving ?

zadora5
05-13-2010, 12:33 PM
www.benmaller.com

Shaq won’t be back in Cleveland if Cavs lose

Shaquille O’Neal, who is in the last year of a contract that pays him $20 million, also will be a free agent. He has said that he’d like to play two more seasons. But if the Cavs ultimately consider this season a regression with O’Neal, it may be hard to consider re-signing him. — Cleveland Plain Dealer

;) seems like he's gonna follow lebron anywhere he goes... to think about it i think that he pushed himself away from every team just to end up playing with lebron... he did go to lebron's high school games... what a jumpoff. :facepalm:

RipVW
05-13-2010, 12:35 PM
If he follows Lebron around, he has to be flexible to playing for whatever.

godolphins
05-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Shaq should just retire!!!!!! His done

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-13-2010, 12:38 PM
kobe and shaq part 2, reunion?

sep11ie
05-13-2010, 12:40 PM
He'll follow him to American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, Yo MTV raps, the bathroom, ANYWHERE!

Jaji
05-13-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm following LeBron too. I've never been a Cavs fan. I'm a LeBron fan. When he moves on, so will I. And of course Shaq too.

Storch
Shaq NEEDS to go back to P&G in order to retire his jersey there. I would beg Buss to take me back if I were him.

zadora5
next thing you know lia is going to turn into a homie smasher :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
05-13-2010, 12:57 PM
So

pacofunk64
05-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Shaq doens't deserve the paycheck he is getting. I love Shaq but it's time to hang em up.

Thatruth32
05-13-2010, 01:04 PM
shaq should call it wrap sad to see him play at this level

The Ooh Child
05-13-2010, 01:04 PM
He'll follow him to American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, Yo MTV raps, the bathroom, ANYWHERE!

I'm pretty sure Yo! MTV Raps ended about 17 years ago

zadora5
05-13-2010, 01:06 PM
lol

sep11ie
05-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Yo! MTV Raps ended about 17 years ago

True that, but sarcasm is still alive and kicking...

KW93KB24
05-13-2010, 01:16 PM
next thing you know lia is going to turn into a homie smasher :facepalm:

who the **** is lia?

zadora5
05-13-2010, 01:22 PM
who the **** is lia?

the PSD whore :facepalm:

streetballa
05-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Shaq needs to retire he is like Betty White old....maybe he should eat Snickers?

pippsux
05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
At this point, pretty pathetic, sound bites alone won't get it done.

Kevj77
05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Shaq doens't deserve the paycheck he is getting. I love Shaq but it's time to hang em up.No doubt that he's not a 20 million dollar player anymore. I wonder if his ego can handle playing for what teams will offer him.

KW93KB24
05-13-2010, 01:27 PM
the PSD whore :facepalm:

the girl in your sig?

SluggeR
05-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Say what you want ,but with the current state of the NBA; Shaq is still a top 5-10 center in the league.

macc
05-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm following LeBron too. I've never been a Cavs fan. I'm a LeBron fan. When he moves on, so will I. And of course Shaq too.

Fans like this annoy me. To me they're not real fans. I've never understood how some people will follow a player like a puppy dog their entire career.

sep11ie
05-13-2010, 01:39 PM
the girl in your sig?

Burn

Wade_County
05-13-2010, 01:40 PM
He will be somewhere next year.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2010, 01:49 PM
i guess he can do two things.

1 Follow lebron and sign an MIN contract.....mmmm isnt shaq from Nj/Ny area?

2 try to sweet talk Buss into retiring a laker than it could happen two things.

a) Phil agrees Kobe sees it like some kind of humilliation for shq to have to sig a min contract crawling back t him to get more titles and accepts it.
Shaq signs for lakers.

b) phil says no Kobe says ****ING NO!!!! A media war between kobe and shaq happens again.
Shaq signs for Spurs, Celtics, Magic or wherever he thinks can be the best team with a chancee to win the title to throw it at kobe.

abe_froman
05-13-2010, 02:04 PM
think he'll retire

ManRam
05-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Say what you want ,but with the current state of the NBA; Shaq is still a top 5-10 center in the league.

No he's not.

Dwight
Duncan
P. Gasol
Bogut
Lopez
Horford
M. Gasol
Jefferson
Noah
Nene
Bynum

Hell, I'd take Lee, Kaman, and Oden when healthy. And Yao too of course.

n83417
05-13-2010, 02:24 PM
The cavs are much better with him on the bench anyway. Any combination of Z, Varajeo and Hickson is better than any combo including Shaq on the floor.

When Shaq went down for a few weeks, the Cavs won something like 12 straight and 17 out of 18 or something ridiculous.

He is a perfect back up big man for a contender. 15-20 min off the bench with the second unit, he would be as productive as he is in 25 as a starter.

AI4MVP
05-13-2010, 02:40 PM
i could totally see Shaq returning to the Lakers. I could totally see him going back to LA to take a bench/mentoring role for Andrew Bynum and saying things like "Andrew Bynum is gunna be one of the greatest centers in lakers history*deep shaq voice*"

ko8e24
05-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Shaq will sign a 2 yr deal worth part of the mid-level exemption to sign with the 2x defending NBA World Champion Los Angeles Lakers in the free agency summer of 2010.

spoonhoops
05-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Shaq is definitely going to follow LeBron or uniting with Kobe isn't necessarily a bad idea either...

ko8e24
05-13-2010, 02:53 PM
i guess he can do two things.

1 Follow lebron and sign an MIN contract.....mmmm isnt shaq from Nj/Ny area?

2 try to sweet talk Buss into retiring a laker than it could happen two things.

a) Phil agrees Kobe sees it like some kind of humilliation for shq to have to sig a min contract crawling back t him to get more titles and accepts it.
Shaq signs for lakers.

b) phil says no Kobe says ****ING NO!!!! A media war between kobe and shaq happens again.
Shaq signs for Spurs, Celtics, Magic or wherever he thinks can be the best team with a chancee to win the title to throw it at kobe.

Shows how much you know :rolleyes:

Phil has already said last yr that he would not be opposed to having Shaq back in a Laker uniform. Get your facts straight Crooner! :facepalm:

Or Cavs can do a S&T and we can trade Pau straight up for Shaq. :)

The Ooh Child
05-13-2010, 02:58 PM

Oh, the sarcasm wasn't lost on me. I just thought it would be a funny comment to make :cricket:

Jaji
05-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Fans like this annoy me. To me they're not real fans. I've never understood how some people will follow a player like a puppy dog their entire career.

You're right, I'm not a real fan. I have no loyalties whatsoever to the Cavs. Or any team for that matter. I'm a fan of the game. I'm from Buffalo, we don't have a team. I root for LeBron because I have family in Akron and I spent a lot of summers there growing up. It was like a 2nd home to me. So I'm sorry if you're annoyed but I rarely don't give a flying fukc.

chrism8188
05-13-2010, 03:16 PM
If he follows Lebron around, he has to be flexible to playing for whatever.

not so much to quote you on your quote, but on your sig....

1. Deron Williams
2. Derrick Rose
3. Steve Nash
4. Chris Paul
5. Rajon Rondo

....wow, d-rose is NOT better than nash or paul :facepalm:, and as a PG i repeat POINT GUARD, rondo is better, rose is a BEAST but im sure your chi-town bias had nothing to do with that :)

Raph12
05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Shaq should just retire, he's had a great career, just hang em up with your head held high.

ko8e24
05-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Shaq should just retire, he's had a great career, just hang em up with your head held high.

Or he can sign with Orlando to be worthy enough to hold Dwight's bags. Superman V 1.0 will be Superman V 2.0's *****!

ko8e24
05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
not so much to quote you on your quote, but on your sig....

1. Deron Williams
2. Derrick Rose
3. Steve Nash
4. Chris Paul
5. Rajon Rondo

....wow, d-rose is NOT better than nash or paul :facepalm:, and as a PG i repeat POINT GUARD, rondo is better, rose is a BEAST but im sure your chi-town bias had nothing to do with that :)

How the **** were you able to include the names of 5 point guards like Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Steve Nash, Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo into a thread about a legendary center in Shaquille O'Neal?

WTF? :confused:

tangent12
05-13-2010, 03:23 PM
So he's going to come to Chicago then?

JK. On a serious note, Shaq should just retire before he hurts his legacy like Roy Jones has. I'm sure there are fans who weren't around in his prime when he was that unstoppable dominant force down low. People forget and quickly, they tend to judge and rate according to the most recent things they see/remember. Shaq for your own good, just retire. You've done more than enough to secure your legacy and your body has taken enough punishment.

RadiantShot
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Just retire Shaq. :)

evadatam5150
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Shaq NEEDS to go back to P&G in order to retire his jersey there. I would beg Buss to take me back if I were him.

The problem with this is I can easily Shaq attempt to rape the Lakers with what he would want monetarily to come back to LA.. What should be a no brainer at this stage of Shaq's carrier could ultimately turn into Shaq wanting, demanding way more than he's worth..

Raph12
05-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Or he can sign with Orlando to be worthy enough to hold Dwight's bags. Superman V 1.0 will be Superman V 2.0's *****!

LMFAO!!! With Shaq's ego? Yeah right, the only boot he licks is Lebron's.

OA SLAY
05-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Lazy azz sports fans telling pro athleles to retire...comical, kills me everytime!

evadatam5150
05-13-2010, 03:33 PM
The cavs are much better with him on the bench anyway. Any combination of Z, Varajeo and Hickson is better than any combo including Shaq on the floor.

When Shaq went down for a few weeks, the Cavs won something like 12 straight and 17 out of 18 or something ridiculous.

He is a perfect back up big man for a contender. 15-20 min off the bench with the second unit, he would be as productive as he is in 25 as a starter.

As last game proved you know because Varajeo and Z were so dominant in that game whilst Shaq was the best player on the floor for Cleveland.. There is no way, not in this lifetime or any dream world you've made up for yourself where Z or V is better than Shaq on a basketball court.. You're attempting to compare two average (specialty) type player against a future Hall of Famer.. Fail..

evadatam5150
05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
No he's not.

Dwight
Duncan
P. Gasol
Bogut
Lopez
Horford
M. Gasol
Jefferson
Noah
Nene
Bynum

Hell, I'd take Lee, Kaman, and Oden when healthy. And Yao too of course.

Did you really put Noah's name in that list.. I can't tell I'm laughing so hard.. :speechless:

mia305king
05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
the girl in your sig?

:laugh:

ldc62
05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
He just wants that ring so he has more than Duncan. I don't expect him to quit until he gets 5..

joe j.09
05-13-2010, 03:53 PM
hes finished.

prodigy
05-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Cleveland will most likely not want him back. No disrespect. But a 39 year old shaq is not really worth 5-6 mill which is what he will get.

E.O.21
05-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Whoever said shaq is going to the lakers is a moron. He straight up hates kobe

ko8e24
05-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Whoever said shaq is going to the lakers is a moron. He straight up hates kobe

:facepalm:

Looks like you've missed Shaq's comments the last 3 yrs. Looks like you missed the 2009 all-star game when Shaq was getting all misty and was losing his voice during the post-game conference when he was getting all emotional saying "Kobe's a great guy, he let me take the all-star game mvp trophy for my kids, a class A guy and a class A player. We were the greatest big man-little man duo in the history of the NBA. If we stayed together we could've easily won 6-7 titles together, blah blah blah"

PLAYERS FAN
05-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't like Shaq as a basketball player! I hope he never come back to the lakers.The Lakers fans that don't mind if Shaq comes back to the lakers are soft. What the hell is wrong with y all!

PrettyBoyJ
05-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I I was him I wud try to get a tix to LA only way he winning another is teaming up wit his old teammate Kobe.. pretty simple..

still1ballin
05-13-2010, 04:23 PM
He'll come back to the Lakers

ko8e24
05-13-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't like Shaq as a basketball player! I hope he never come back to the lakers.The Lakers fans that don't mind if Shaq comes back to the lakers are soft. What the hell is wrong with y all!

Once a Laker, always a Laker. Things happen in life, the wrong things are said in life, it was the MEDIA and the haters and all the outside unnecessary pressures that elevated both guys' ego which led to the break-up of the greatest duo in National Basketball Association history. From 2004-2006, Shaq said some despicable things about Kobe, Phil, Dr. Buss, and kind of downgraded the Laker fans (saying Miami fans are true fans).

But from 2006 onwards after Kobe and Shaq patched it up on MLK day, Shaq has said nothing but positive things about Kobe (of course he wants to see if he can get more rings outta playing for the Lakers before he retires), but they got along during the 09 ASG MVP, Shaq graciously thanked Kobe in front of the b-ball world saying that Kobe "let Shaq take the trophy home for his kids, knowing it would be his last all-star game" and all that stuff.

There will still be a little bit of hard feelings b/w the two. You can forgive, but it's very hard to forget certain things in life. But for a championship, those guys have put aside their differences in the past winning 3 straight, and I'm sure Shaq wouldn't mind announcing to the world "This is obviously Kobe's team and I would love it to end my career playing for Phil, playing as a teammate of Kobe Bryant, and playing for the Lakers organization while going out winning a championship or two to finish with 5 or 6 for his illustrious legendary iconic career".

sep11ie
05-13-2010, 04:33 PM
I I was him I wud try to get a tix to LA only way he winning another is teaming up wit his old teammate Kobe.. pretty simple..

Sometimes I wish PSD had T9.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-13-2010, 04:40 PM
Did you really put Noah's name in that list.. I can't tell I'm laughing so hard.. :speechless:

ummm....what's so funny

PLAYERS FAN
05-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Once a Laker, always a Laker. Things happen in life, the wrong things are said in life, it was the MEDIA and the haters and all the outside unnecessary pressures that elevated both guys' ego which led to the break-up of the greatest duo in National Basketball Association history. From 2004-2006, Shaq said some despicable things about Kobe, Phil, Dr. Buss, and kind of downgraded the Laker fans (saying Miami fans are true fans).

But from 2006 onwards after Kobe and Shaq patched it up on MLK day, Shaq has said nothing but positive things about Kobe (of course he wants to see if he can get more rings outta playing for the Lakers before he retires), but they got along during the 09 ASG MVP, Shaq graciously thanked Kobe in front of the b-ball world saying that Kobe "let Shaq take the trophy home for his kids, knowing it would be his last all-star game" and all that stuff.

There will still be a little bit of hard feelings b/w the two. You can forgive, but it's very hard to forget certain things in life. But for a championship, those guys have put aside their differences in the past winning 3 straight, and I'm sure Shaq wouldn't mind announcing to the world "This is obviously Kobe's team and I would love it to end my career playing for Phil, playing as a teammate of Kobe Bryant, and playing for the Lakers organization while going out winning a championship or two to finish with 5 or 6 for his illustrious legendary iconic career".

Good point:D

blacknell
05-13-2010, 04:47 PM
i'm sure if shaq plays next season it will be for the league min

OA SLAY
05-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Now Shaq n Kobe are best friends, some of you guys are so gullible

ko8e24
05-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Now Shaq n Kobe are best friends, some of you guys are so gullible

Anything can happen in the world of sports.

td0tsfinest
05-13-2010, 05:00 PM
He needs to retire. I really don't see a contendor going out and getting this guy. He's not really helping out Lebron and it seems he can't play more than 25 minutes a game.

Hang it up shaq.

bigsams50
05-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Returning to LA makes the most sense

hineswardfan
05-13-2010, 05:14 PM
shaq is done.

OA SLAY
05-13-2010, 05:16 PM
So is Crysby!!

jackdawson
05-13-2010, 05:20 PM
He's done and should not let his numbers decline anymore sharply. It's time to stfu and say good bye mr big-mouth.

djeller1139
05-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Both of them will end up in the NFL.

CAVS21
05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
fans like this annoy me. To me they're not real fans. I've never understood how some people will follow a player like a puppy dog their entire career.

+1

CAVS21
05-13-2010, 05:59 PM
So is Crysby!!

Wow really, I know this is a Shaq thread but you do realize he scored the game winning goal in the GOLD MEDAL game of the olympics? Oh yeah don't forget he's the best player in the world and has won a Cup.

Shaq isn't done....if he's used correctly in the regular season he can be rested enough to bang during the playoffs in the right situation, albeit he's a role player now but I'd take him back for two more years at the right price.

Gibby23
05-13-2010, 06:02 PM
i could totally see Shaq returning to the Lakers. I could totally see him going back to LA to take a bench/mentoring role for Andrew Bynum and saying things like "Andrew Bynum is gunna be one of the greatest centers in lakers history*deep shaq voice*"

lol

magicdouglas
05-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Isn't everybody leaving Cleveland?

Gibby23
05-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Isn't everybody leaving Cleveland?

No, Just Lebron, Shaq, Big Z, and Mike Brown. Next year, they will be like the Wizards of this year, but worse.

Just playing, but if all those guys left, the Cavs would only be about 7 million under the CAP with no MLE to spend.

OA SLAY
05-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Wow really, I know this is a Shaq thread but you do realize he scored the game winning goal in the GOLD MEDAL game of the olympics? Oh yeah don't forget he's the best player in the world and has won a Cup.

Shaq isn't done....if he's used correctly in the regular season he can be rested enough to bang during the playoffs in the right situation, albeit he's a role player now but I'd take him back for two more years at the right price.

:facepalm: to you to:cool:

CAVS21
05-13-2010, 06:30 PM
No, Just Lebron, Shaq, Big Z, and Mike Brown. Next year, they will be like the Wizards of this year, but worse.

Just playing, but if all those guys left, the Cavs would only be about 7 million under the CAP with no MLE to spend.

Yea next year could be an absolute disaster if that scenario plays out....IMO it's 55-45 he stays though so then at least Shaq would stay and Ferry could attempt a trade of some sort.

Lakerfrk
05-13-2010, 06:40 PM
If the Cavs lose tonight... Shaq will come back to LA.

Bishnoff
05-13-2010, 07:00 PM
How has this got anything to do with LeBron? Shaq makes every team he goes to nowadays worse. Us Phoenix fans laughed when we traded Shaq because we knew he would hurt the Cavs, just like he hurt us.

Cavs won't offer him a decent contract so he'll go where the money is, which won't be much. I seriously don't believe that he will follow LeBron. If LeBron signs for another team, I highly doubt that that team would want to waste cap space on Shaq.

NPH
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM

That made me chuckle.

magicdouglas
05-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Oh is that all? Well at least they still have their fans.:rolleyes:

Aarick
05-13-2010, 11:20 PM
All the focus has been on LBJ and where he will go. What about Shaq. Will he be offered a new small contract with the cavs or any other team or will he retire.

I honestly can't see him retiring, he will look for a contract but will anyone want him.

IndiansFan337
05-13-2010, 11:26 PM
All the focus has been on LBJ and where he will go. What about Shaq. Will he be offered a new small contract with the cavs or any other team or will he retire.

I honestly can't see him retiring, he will look for a contract but will anyone want him.

Teams will want him. The question will be if he is willing to accept the roles in which he is wanted.

The Cavs will want him back if LBJ returns.

LA_Raiders
05-13-2010, 11:26 PM
he is done...i can see him in the lakers bench next year...

IndiansFan337
05-13-2010, 11:27 PM
He'll be back with the Cavs, assuming LBJ re signs.

MTar786
05-14-2010, 12:19 AM
mark my words. Shaq is going back to LA on a 2 year contract for the vets minimum.. he will come off the becnh and play on the second unit.. maybe about 16-20 mins a game.
after the contract ends he will retire and hang his #34 jersey on the rafters of the staples center

pistonsfanomg
05-14-2010, 01:29 AM
So Shaq retiring now?

zadora5
05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
your guys are like a whole bunch of ****ing kids

Giantwarrior
05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
i have a strange feeling he will be in NY with lebron and company.

greenl9791
05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Bring Shaq to Orlando. He can end where he started. I don't believe he will start next year on any team. We can trade Gortat for a pg to take Anthony Johnson's spot. If he's willing to take the back seat to Kobe Penny LeBaby and Nash then he may be willing to coach up Dwight and not tear him down. To me Dwight is just what Shaq was when he 1st came into the league. When Shaq comes into the game, he will command the same double teams that Dwight does. Which would allow us to continue having wide open looks at the basket. 1 BIG GUY and 4 shooters

Sly Guy
05-14-2010, 10:47 AM
but he didn't win the ring for the king?

maybe he's planning on buying a whopper or two from another one instead.

JasonJohnHorn
05-14-2010, 10:49 AM
I actually think Shaq would be great in Orlando. I'm not an "Orlando" fan exactly, but that is the team he started with, and it would be interesting to see him mentoring Howard and Howard playing at power forward and Shaq at center. Imagine that.

C:Shaq
PF: Howard
SF: Lewis
SG: Carter
PG: Nelson

that is a prett big line up in the front court.

mfb_lt1birdman
05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Shaq would be a downgrade for Orlando. Gortat is a pretty good back-up already.