PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Has New York Max Money On Radar

JordansBulls
05-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Link (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/05/12/2010-05-12_if_san_antonio_guard_tony_parker_becomes_availa ble_new_york_knicks_could_be_will.html#ixzz0niPDeC Eo#ixzz0niPDeCEo)

"Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source, referring to San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."

Now if people thought Joe Johnson and Boozer didn't deserve max money, then why would anyone pay Parker max money?

jmtapia
05-12-2010, 04:57 PM
wow...im sure this is a joke

GSW Hoops
05-12-2010, 04:57 PM
I love Tony Parker, but max money? No way.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-12-2010, 05:08 PM
how the hell he could get max money when he's under contract

stupidity:facepalm:

TheRazorboy
05-12-2010, 05:08 PM
This is Donnie Walsh we're talking about.

GoatMilk
05-12-2010, 05:12 PM
how the hell he could get max money when he's under contract

stupidity:facepalm:

read the article

it says the knicks would trade for him and extend him since he's a FA after next season

hugepatsfan
05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Knicks should:

1.) sign Joe Johnson
2.) sign Stat
3.) sign Brendan Haywood
4.) trade Eddy Curry and Wilson Chandler to SA for Parker

PG: Tony Parker, Tony Douglas
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Danilo Galinari, Bill Walker
PF: Stat
C: Haywood

That's not a bad 1-7. Then maybe S&T David Lee and Al Harrington for some role players. Not sure if this is cap possible, but I don't know that much about NBA salary rules so don't hammer me if this is off.

Reyes6
05-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Knicks should:

1.) sign Joe Johnson
2.) sign Stat
3.) sign Brendan Haywood

That's not a bad 1-7. Then maybe S&T David Lee and Al Harrington for some role players. Not sure if this is cap possible, but I don't know that much about NBA salary rules so don't hammer me if this is off.

Except for the fact that San Antonio is not ********.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Except for the fact that San Antonio is not ********.

A promising/somewhat proven young 2-WAY (offense and defense) SF (something SA has been looking for every year) and a valuable expiring that could be useful at the deadline for their backup PG doesn't sound too bad to me.

tdunk21
05-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Knicks should:

1.) sign Joe Johnson
2.) sign Stat
3.) sign Brendan Haywood

lol....i dont see spurs takin on crap for parker....

king4day
05-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Knicks should:

1.) sign Joe Johnson
2.) sign Stat
3.) sign Brendan Haywood

They'd have to offer more for Parker. Not sure they'd go for someone like Lee. He could play PF alongside Timmy and be their first non veteran (Mcdyess / Kurt Thomas) / Non Oberto Elson they've had in years.

It might make more sense though for them to trade him for Joe Johnson (S/T). That would be a fair deal and make Atlanta better too.
Then move Manu back to the bench.

29$JerZ
05-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Knicks will not get Toney Parker unless SA really wants an Eddy/Wilson for Tony swap

SA5195
05-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Max, really?

NYK_kidd77
05-12-2010, 05:53 PM
The only way this happens is if SA takes a crap offer for him.(Not going to happen)

Giaps
05-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Yea, outside of Curry and Chandler and maybe Walker or Douglas I don't see the Knicks doing it... and certainly NOT extending him to a max.

Curry ($11 million expiring), Chandler and Douglas I would think is a really good package...

That would give the Knicks a few extra million in cap space too. Not sure TP is worth it at this point in his career, to be honest.

joe j.09
05-12-2010, 06:18 PM
if lbj and bosh sign with the knicks then they might make a play for parker.....

LBJ
parker
bosh
gallo

is a great core.

smith&wesson
05-12-2010, 06:35 PM
tony parker
joe johnson
lebron james
bosh
amare

off the bench

tmac
gallo
harington
lee

i cant wait to see the knicks next year. :laugh:

hineswardfan
05-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Not happening

blah-blah
05-12-2010, 06:37 PM
i wouldnt give him 10m

SouljahPhil...
05-12-2010, 06:44 PM
tony parker
joe johnson
lebron james
bosh
amare

off the bench

tmac
gallo
harington
lee

i cant wait to see the knicks next year. :laugh:

:speechless:

knickerbockerny
05-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Frank Isola is just making this stuff up. No way are the Knicks offering anything for and then signing Tony Parker to a max deal. Tony Parker is breaking down! He can't even beat out Parker for the starting job, now what would make you think he would outplay Toney Douglas.

Every other team seems to be choosing the draft to get their future pgs. If anything the Knicks would buy a first and grade another young pg.

RaptorsFanatic
05-12-2010, 06:47 PM
A "source" has reported. Anyways, if this is true then all I have to say is "lol".

RaptorsFanatic
05-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Frank Isola is just making this stuff up. No way are the Knicks offering anything for and then signing Tony Parker to a max deal. Tony Parker is breaking down! He can't even beat out Parker for the starting job, now what would make you think he would outplay Toney Douglas.

Every other team seems to be choosing the draft to get their future pgs. If anything the Knicks would buy a first and grade another young pg.

Okay, I understand Tony is not the same as before, but Toney Douglas? Are you ****ing kidding me?

bkmikeyy
05-12-2010, 06:52 PM
It is possible if they get the players they want in free agency. If they lock up two max or close to max players and can manage to somehow get tony parker in a deal that includes eddy curry, they can offer him a backloaded contract close to the max and it wouldnt matter if they have 2 of the games top 20 players locked up for the next 5-6 years.
imagine
Parker
LBJ
Gallo
Bosh
Walker
TD

as their core.

knickerbockerny
05-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Okay, I understand Tony is not the same as before, but Toney Douglas? Are you ****ing kidding me?

I mean the proof is in the pudding man. He could not officially beat out George Hill, so I'm not confident he is going to beat out Toney Douglas. Toney Douglas single handedly won us a couple of games on the offensive side, defensive side, and in the clutch, when he got minutes towards the end of the season.

All the Knicks need to do is purchase a late first and draft another pg to come in and battle with TD, competition brings out the best in players. No way are the Knicks paying Parker his current contract or extending it.

fairandbalanced
05-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Knicks should:

1.) sign Joe Johnson
2.) sign Stat
3.) sign Brendan Haywood

Will you also accept a trade of Jonathan Bender and Eddie House for Dwayne Wade while we are at it.

avrpatsfan
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Why would you give him a max contract? He's a good PG but not worth a max contract.

NYK_kidd77
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Will you also accept a trade of Jonathan Bender and Eddie House for Dwayne Wade while we are at it.

I would :D

AI4MVP
05-12-2010, 07:50 PM
why not? when healthy tony parker is one of the best point guards in the league, and arguably the most unstoppable. hed be amazing in that system. if they have the money, why not?

JOSKOMANG4
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
IMO..what the Knicks will do.

1) Max Contract to A'Mare Stoudamire(17.8 per season)

2) Signs SG Joe JOhnson(5yr 82.5 mill): 16.5 mill per season.

3) Trade for a Steve Nash-like PG( Either Tony Parker or Kirk Hinrich). I honestly believe the Knicks have a better shot trading for Kirk Hinrich b/c the Bulls will be looking to relinquish some money off their salary to offer up for Dwayne Wade. They'll take an expiring contract from the deal(Eddie Curry Perhaps??)

4) Offer MLE to Al Harrington; he'll start at PF.

5) Draft Picks; 38th & 39th .

PF/SF Stanley Robertson, Uconn
PG Scottie Reynolds, Nova

Projected 2010-2011 lineup:

C) A'Mare
PF) Al Harrington / S.Robertson
SF) Gallanari /Wilson Chandler(6th man) / B.Walker
SG) J.Johnson /T.Douglass / JR Giddens
PG) K.Hinrich / S.Rodriguez

cmellofan15
05-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm seriously confused about players' worth nowadays

dtmagnet
05-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Tony Parker isn't getting max money.

jeter 2
05-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Tony Parker isn't getting max money.

^^^^^ agreed. Even if the Knicks trade him, he still won't get max money. The Knicks although have made many bad decisions, won't be that dumb to give him a max contract.

Big Quett
05-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I mean the proof is in the pudding man. He could not officially beat out George Hill, so I'm not confident he is going to beat out Toney Douglas. Toney Douglas single handedly won us a couple of games on the offensive side, defensive side, and in the clutch, when he got minutes towards the end of the season.

All the Knicks need to do is purchase a late first and draft another pg to come in and battle with TD, competition brings out the best in players. No way are the Knicks paying Parker his current contract or extending it.

That logic is flawed. He was injured this year so Manu moved into the starting line-up meaning they needed scoring punch off the bench. by what your saying that means Manu for the last few years couldnt beat out Finley and Roger Mason. Just like Manu in past years everybody knew Tony was the starter who just came off the bench. Want more proof?

Parker in the 2010 play-offs
17.3ppg 5.4 assists

Hill
13.4 ppg and 0.7 assists

Toenail Clipper
05-12-2010, 08:35 PM

Yeah and DJ Mbenga and Luke Walton for LeBron

Indi23
05-12-2010, 09:01 PM
at max hes work 12 mill. However Tony Parker healthy is so dangerous him Joe and Boozer/Bosh would definitely be a sweet team.

dodie53
05-12-2010, 09:01 PM
max for TP?
no.

BAMF
05-12-2010, 09:17 PM
TP for max is what Isaih Thomas would do but he's no longer with us.

DMasta718
05-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Tony Parker not getting no max. At least not here.

Sadds The Gr8
05-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Tony Parker a Max? :laugh2:

heathonater
05-13-2010, 12:21 AM
first of all, i dont think the spurs should necessarily trade parker, considering he's only 27 years old right now. he isnt good enough though to warrant a max contract from any team.

xbrackattackx
05-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Ny may pick him up, No way he commands a Max he is 27 and Injury prone to boot.

phoenix_bladen
05-13-2010, 12:31 AM
^^^^^ agreed. Even if the Knicks trade him, he still won't get max money. The Knicks although have made many bad decisions, won't be that dumb to give him a max contract.

uh yea you mean Isiah Thomas era he was the stupid one and brought down the knicks

we now have Donnie walsh who is a genius he's not gonna give out max to those that font deserve it and Tony Parker does not deserve it

But this article was bs anyways I wonder who the source was lol

JordansBulls
05-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Tony Parker a Max? :laugh2:

He does have a finals mvp.:p

king4day
05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
This might have been posted already but I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and they said the 'supposed offer' would be Parker for Gallinari and Chandler.
If this is true, then the Knicks continue to bury their franchise. Yes they'd have a great PG, but your depth is gone and you will likely need to pay parker 15+mil a year.

tdunk21
05-13-2010, 09:27 AM
RC buford said in his exit interview that TP will stay...TP is not goin anywhere.....close thread

xbrackattackx
05-13-2010, 11:02 AM
This might have been posted already but I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and they said the 'supposed offer' would be Parker for Gallinari and Chandler.
If this is true, then the Knicks continue to bury their franchise. Yes they'd have a great PG, but your depth is gone and you will likely need to pay parker 15+mil a year.

Yea NY would have a great starting point guard, But lose their future talent. But from spurs view that would def give them some youth to go with hill and Blair

Hill
Manu
Duncan
Blair
Gallinari
Chandler
Splitter
Mahimi (sp?)

That's not a bad roster.

D1JM
05-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Tony Parker already said that he wants to stay in San antonio and that he wasn't open to a move to new York. I bet he would be open to a move to the lakers though.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Knicks should:

1.) sign Joe Johnson
2.) sign Stat
3.) sign Brendan Haywood

Wow

OA SLAY
05-13-2010, 06:09 PM

I can see the Knicks doing something as dumb as this :facepalm: :mad::facepalm:

Kakaroach
05-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Haha I posted in the other thread that the Knicks would be a team interested.

Max money? No, but they could put a good package for Parker.

sep11ie
05-13-2010, 06:29 PM
IMO..what the Knicks will do.

1) Max Contract to A'Mare Stoudamire(17.8 per season)

2) Signs SG Joe JOhnson(5yr 82.5 mill): 16.5 mill per season.

3) Trade for a Steve Nash-like PG( Either Tony Parker or Kirk Hinrich). I honestly believe the Knicks have a better shot trading for Kirk Hinrich b/c the Bulls will be looking to relinquish some money off their salary to offer up for Dwayne Wade. They'll take an expiring contract from the deal(Eddie Curry Perhaps??)

4) Offer MLE to Al Harrington; he'll start at PF.

5) Draft Picks; 38th & 39th .

PF/SF Stanley Robertson, Uconn
PG Scottie Reynolds, Nova

Projected 2010-2011 lineup:

C) A'Mare
PF) Al Harrington / S.Robertson
SF) Gallanari /Wilson Chandler(6th man) / B.Walker
SG) J.Johnson /T.Douglass / JR Giddens
PG) K.Hinrich / S.Rodriguez

Did you just call Hinrich a Steve Nash type PG? :facepalm:

xxcubs22xx
05-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah close thread.

Tony Parker flat out was insulted for even hearing that rumor. His heart is with the Spurs, for the rest of his career

PrettyBoyJ
05-13-2010, 10:18 PM
lol.. MAX?? damn they jus throw money at anybody now.. note steve nash doesnt even have a max and he was 2x MVP

AddiX
05-13-2010, 11:02 PM
He's not getting Max from anyone. Get over it. I would love in him NY if hes willing to let them team test him to make sure he physically still has it. But not for Max. TBH I don't think very many players are worth max or anything close to it.