PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol or Amare - Who will have greater impact in the Lakers vs Suns series?

JordansBulls
05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Who will be better in the series between the Lakers and Suns?

JNA17
05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Gasol. For the past couple of years including this year, amare struggles against bynum or gasol when guarded.

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Gasol. Amare is good, but he gets owned by all 3 of the Laker Bigs either Bynum, Gasol, or Odom.

king4day
05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
The only chance Amar'e has of being effective this series is if Lopez plays. And even if he does, the lane will be too congested. Gasol will be hard to handle.

Sly Guy
05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
for better or worse, amar'e. If he's playing well, they stand a chance, if he doesn't, then it'll be a short series. Gasol playing well or not doesn't make as big a difference to the overall line as the lakers are still the more talented team.

bahama0811
05-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Gasol will have the bigger series.

mikantsass
05-11-2010, 10:57 AM
If Lopez plays then Amare, if not then Gasoft

G-Funk
05-11-2010, 11:03 AM
If Lopez plays then Amare, if not then Gasoft

I scratch my head everytime you call a player who won a championship as the 2nd best player,who lead his country to a silver metal and made the All-star game and can average 20pts 9rbs per game 'Soft'.

G-Funk
05-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Gasol will defend Lopez and Bynum will play Amare.

kimchi'sworld
05-11-2010, 11:09 AM
They both will have a great impact. But if their both playing their absolute best I would pick Stat.

LakersIn5
05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
if gasol is soft then amare is softer

Me and Jack
05-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Gasol will have better numbers stat wise but will not dominate as Amare is the only premiere big man on the Suns and will accumulate numbers... Gasol will share time with Odom and Bynum. However.. Amare's impact will be limited as he spreads himself thin defending and attempting to score on our three tower all stars.

BurbankCALI
05-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Gasol. Hes more savy on the offense. And on defense hes smarter an has big drew behind him. Amare had his way vs duncan n who ever else guarded him. Hurry up n beat phx. So amare can leave phx and make that team suck again. That team belongs at the bottom.

Iron24th
05-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Gasol,no doubt,as good as Amar'e is,he hasn't the same impact in the game and the same basketball IQ.

Raph12
05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Easily Pau, for Phoenix, it will be J-Rich's play that could make the difference.

hineswardfan
05-11-2010, 11:47 AM
I can't stand Gasol, but he will be by far more effective this series, mostly because Amar'e will get shut down by Bynum. I also have no clue why I hate Gasol, he's a great player and good teammate.

Toadman
05-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I scratch my head everytime you call a player who won a championship as the 2nd best player,who lead his country to a silver metal and made the All-star game and can average 20pts 9rbs per game 'Soft'.

I agree. He got that nickname earlier like when the Boston frontline manhandled him during the finals. Since then he has hit the weight room & dedicated himself to defense.
During the Lakers Magic finals when Bynum was largely nonexistant it was largely Pau that guarded Howard. Dwight Howard is the most physical Center since Shaq. It was Pau ability to single cover Howard that limited the Magic's
3 point shooters.
If U are a real follower of BBall U should be able to recognize a player that's worked on the areas of weakness in their game. All the greats in the game have done the same. Early in his career MJ was not a great perimeter shooter
but he worked on it. Look at J. Kidd's evolution as a point guard.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-11-2010, 12:23 PM

he averaged 11.3 rpg this season

and against utah 24 and 15

RaiderLakersA's
05-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Gasol.

blams
05-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Amare>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gasol

Da Knicks
05-11-2010, 12:26 PM
This could be a wild series if Kobe shoots more the suns could even win they need to run run run. The lakers have the best pf in the league imo Gasol would dominate but only if kobe doesnt shoot them out of the game. If the Lakers go to Gasol and Bynum early I could see a short series but thats a big if. Glory hogs will come into the picture and make the size advantage non existant. my two cents.

mikantsass
05-11-2010, 12:36 PM

I never said he wasnt good, but he is the biggest pu$$y in the NBA. And the guy is over 7 feet tall with an even longer wingspan, if he cant average 20 and 9 he belongs back in Europe

if gasol is soft then amare is softer

How so? Amare is one of the most physical offensive players in the league. He absolutely POSTERIZES people. By soft i mean timid, scared, not physical, flopper, not passionate.

Tony_Starks
05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
This could be a wild series if Kobe shoots more the suns could even win they need to run run run. The lakers have the best pf in the league imo Gasol would dominate but only if kobe doesnt shoot them out of the game. If the Lakers go to Gasol and Bynum early I could see a short series but thats a big if. Glory hogs will come into the picture and make the size advantage non existant. my two cents.

Kobe averaged over 30 points against Utah and Gasol still dominated them so that idea is out the window. Phoenix is done Lakers beat the hell out of them all year, just like Utah, I don't see that changing now especially with the finals on the line.

Also Im not sure if you've been watching Kobe the past couple of years but he's one of the main ones that gets Gasol the ball, their two man game is damn near unstoppable...

JNA17
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM

this alone shows the education system going down the toilet. :facepalm:

JPHX
05-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Gasol, just for the sheer fact that if you say otherwise on PSD, Laker fans will rip you so hard that you'll probably have a new vagina.

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Gasol, just for the sheer fact that if you say otherwise on PSD, Laker fans will rip you so hard that you'll probably have a new vagina.

Or you could go by head to head numbers and playoff numbers.

Avenged
05-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Gasol is one of the most productive and efficient players in the game so I'll give the nod to Gasol. He's done it all season long and continues his amazing play in the playoffs. Get the ball to Gasol and Bynum and the Lakers have this series.

JNA17
05-11-2010, 01:09 PM

common sense is another option as well.

AI4MVP
05-11-2010, 01:10 PM
If Lopez plays, which he prolly will, then Amare

P-Willie M.V.P.
05-11-2010, 01:12 PM

:facepalm: As good as Amare is, Gasol definitly will have more of an impact. Chances are Bynum will eventually get hurt again like he's done every year. Kobe, Lamar, Fisher, and maybe a couple of bench players will get their shots, but much of the laker's success falls on Gasol's defense. (just ask Dwight Howard last year). Amare's good, but Nash is still the best player on the Sun's IMO. if he starts sucking, then chances are the rest of the team will fall apart.

Pluvious
05-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Depends who is double teamed the most. Lakers might actually try to guard Amare 1 on 1 because of their size...which will result in foul trouble. Highly unlikely the Suns do not double...and even more likely they play a lot of zone.

Avenged
05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
The greater impact will most likely be the 3pt shooters for the Suns. That could very well be the deciding factor if the Lakers bench doesn't step up.

Tony_Starks
05-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah we need to be talking about Dragic or whatever the hell his name is, Dudley, and Barbosa. Just like Matthews and Miles for Utah, the lakers have a problem with quick guards.

Also they've never defended the screen/roll well so I look to see alot of wide open 3's for PHoenix the first couple of games. After that Lakers should make whatever adjustments and then Phoenix can join OKC and UTah for vacation.

airraptor8
05-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I really do not understand why Amare playing well has to do with Lopez? What does Lopez do on offense that allows Amare to be dominate? Would Frye be a better combination for Amare to draw one of the bigs outside?

Also, what's with people saying that Pau can't guard Lopez? Is he the twin that doesn't have an offensive game? Why does Bynum have to guard Lopez?

Sly Guy
05-11-2010, 01:31 PM
the question is the greater impact, not the greater player or simply the more positive player for their respective team.

I see the lakers being able to produce better without gasol playing well than amar'e with the suns. So Amar'e will be more critical than Gasol.

sunnydayin'zona
05-11-2010, 01:44 PM
How so? Amare is one of the most physical offensive players in the league. He absolutely POSTERIZES people. By soft i mean timid, scared, not physical, flopper, not passionate.

see mikantsass' sig

Voodoo Alchemy
05-11-2010, 01:48 PM
he averaged 11.3 rpg this season

and against utah 24 and 15

that's really impressive against an undersized jazz team.

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
that's really impressive against an undersized jazz team.

And now he moves on to another undersized team with a bad rebounding PF, atleast Boozer was still grabbing boards.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-11-2010, 02:00 PM
instead of individual match ups, what about the team that plays the best? wow, that's a novel idea. laker fans are all about 1 on 1 match ups, owning someone, posterizing people. i'm more interested in the suns playing the game the right way and putting themselves in a postion to win. and most importantly, not listening to the experts who claim they know the suns better than the suns themselves.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-11-2010, 02:01 PM
And now he moves on to another undersized team with a bad rebounding PF, atleast Boozer was still grabbing boards.

who else?

ManRam
05-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Pau is a better player. But Amare means more to his team.

Therefore, I don't know. Whoever does have the greater impact might be the difference.

showtym24
05-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Lets compare shall we?

Post offense: Pau
Mid range shot:=
Passer: Pau
IQ: Pau
Rebounder: Pau
Post D: Pau

Pau is the best PF in the world today.

king4day
05-11-2010, 02:09 PM
I really do not understand why Amare playing well has to do with Lopez? What does Lopez do on offense that allows Amare to be dominate? Would Frye be a better combination for Amare to draw one of the bigs outside?

Also, what's with people saying that Pau can't guard Lopez? Is he the twin that doesn't have an offensive game? Why does Bynum have to guard Lopez?

I probably missed this, but who actually said Gasol can't guard Lopez?
Lopez doesn't try to score so I don't get how Gasol would have any trouble giving Robin problems with his limited post play.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Lets compare shall we?

Post offense: Pau
Mid range shot:=
Passer: Pau
IQ: Pau
Rebounder: Pau
Post D: Pau

Pau is the best PF in the world today.

ability to get to the free throw line: amare
ability to posterize: amare
ability to score and1: amare
ability to play pick/roll: amare
ability to drive 1 on 1: amare
ability to get guys into foul trouble: amare
ability to run the floor: amare
ability to take care of business in the bedroom: amare

guess it doesn't seem so one sided now does it?

G-Funk
05-11-2010, 02:31 PM

Im basing it on basketball IQ

showtym24
05-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Not gonna ask how you know that. BTW all the things you named the only true one is posterize. Pau's got him in every other category.

G-Funk
05-11-2010, 02:38 PM

Suns fans have this scenario in their heads where Bynum has to guard Lopez and Gasol will get worked by Amare. little do they know that they can actually switch.

rocky4104
05-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Gasol. Hes more savy on the offense. And on defense hes smarter an has big drew behind him. Amare had his way vs duncan n who ever else guarded him. Hurry up n beat phx. So amare can leave phx and make that team suck again. That team belongs at the bottom.

dude... we're in the WCF... how can we belong at the bottom? phoenix defied all expectations, beating better teams on paper by playing as a team where everybody supports everyone on and off court.

what the hell happened to you in AZ? did somebody rub your *** the wrong way when you were there? i believe i read somewhere tthat you once lived in Phoenix and eted it there... if im not mistaken

rocky4104
05-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Suns fans have this scenario in their heads where Bynum has to guard Lopez and Gasol will get worked by Amare. little do they know that they can actually switch.

wrong bro.. Lopez' play compliments Amare, he does not take away too much space inside, his offensive game is basically more on putbacks and drop passes from Nash, he allows Aare to operate inside more freely, he defer to amare on offense and concentrate mainly on defense.

I don't know if you knew, we had what we call "the Shaqtus Experiment", that didn't work out, he came in here boasting that he's gonna make Amare the best PF in the league, then what happened? midway through the season, he started complaining, demanded more of the ball, clogged the lane, and basically changed the way the Suns play, the thing that made Phoenix good as a team - what happened? we missed the playoffs! when RoLo came in as a starter, that's when things started to around for the Suns, that's when they started to gel together as a team and turn from a lottery team to where they are now, that's why we want him back - Suns were abe to stay competitive without Lopez thru scrappy plays but we understand we need Lopez to help Amare inside, on offense and defense.

amoore87
05-11-2010, 03:00 PM
i guess pau..but i wanna see phx do work and win the series

rocky4104
05-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Not gonna ask how you know that. BTW all the things you named the only true one is posterize. Pau's got him in every other category you lil fruit.

dont know about that, i think amare can give pau a run for his money on the abilities to: score and1, run the floor, ad drive 1 on 1 (pau s more of a post player, he mostly pays with his back to the basket), and nobody runs the pick and roll better than Nash/Amare IMO in the NBA.

Pau's bigger, yes and plays more defense, and he plays alongside Bynum, Odom, and Bryant, that's hs distinct advantage

gcoll
05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Gasol. For the past couple of years including this year, amare struggles against bynum or gasol when guarded.
He struggles against Bynum. Not Gasol.

And Gasol doesn't do that well against us. From what I remember of the most recent meeting, Almundson was able to guard him pretty well.

JNA17
05-11-2010, 03:26 PM
He struggles against Bynum. Not Gasol.

And Gasol doesn't do that well against us. From what I remember of the most recent meeting, Almundson was able to guard him pretty well.

Nah it's gasol as well. Very rarely i see amare get by gasol when he's on defense.

What are you talking about? Pau was 7-11 FG that game with 15 points, 8 boards and FOUR blocked shots. Obviously not much on the points side but with him only missing 4 shots out of 11 is not really great defense from almundson is it?

Unruly Fan
05-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Can't say for sure but Amare HAS to have the bigger impact or the Suns arent going anywhere. The Lakers are stacked enough for Gasol to slack off a game or two.

JPHX
05-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Im basing it on basketball IQ

Your being bias is what it is. I for one am not denying that the Gasol/Bynum combo is lethal. In fact its probably the best big man tandem in the league when healthy. Im just saying when one is under achieving, it makes them beatable. For the suns its a similar scenario. When you have an offensive beast at the 4, and defensive minded 7 footer at center, their games compliment each other or alleviates pressure from their weaknesses. However when one is out it puts that pressure back on. You probably havent seen how Amare and Lopez have been able to mesh because you are a Laker fan. But denying it doesnt make it untrue. They've proven that they can just be as lethal as a Gasol/Bynum frontcourt. Just give the Suns big men a little credit for knocking out the likes of Camby/Aldridge and Duncan/Mcdyess. They deserve to be here and saying otherwise is unfair.

JPHX
05-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Nah it's gasol as well. Very rarely i see amare get by gasol when he's on defense.
What are you talking about? Pau was 7-11 FG that game with 15 points, 8 boards and FOUR blocked shots. Obviously not much on the points side but with him only missing 4 shots out of 11 is not really great defense from almundson is it?

Very rarely do you see Amare period. Obviously theres no convincing a laker fan that you'll be seeing a better Amare or a better team for that matter, but im sure you'll be a surprised.

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Very rarely do you see Amare period. Obviously theres no convincing a laker fan that you'll be seeing a better Amare or a better team for that matter, but im sure you'll be a surprised.

You do know Amare shot 45% against the Lakers this year, he is in for a long series.

Unruly Fan
05-11-2010, 04:02 PM

Not gonna ask how you know that. BTW all the things you named the only true one is posterize. Pau's got him in every other category you lil fruit.

:laugh2:

gcoll
05-11-2010, 04:03 PM
You do know Amare shot 45% against the Lakers this year, he is in for a long series.

Possibly. But the Suns offense is quite deep. If Amare is slowed down a bit, I'm not too worried.

JPHX
05-11-2010, 04:04 PM

Yeah im done with all these past references to the season. Its post season play now.

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Possibly. But the Suns offense is quite deep. If Amare is slowed down a bit, I'm not too worried.

Like the Suns leading scorer J Rich in the playoffs averaged 8ppg and 30% shooting in 4 games against the Lakers?

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah im done with all these past references to the season. Its post season play now.

He just shot 47% against the Spurs because of alittle size in front of him and is averaging 7rpg in the playoffs.

SeoulBeatz
05-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Amare because his impact is felt more than paus because the lakers are just a much better team, but this will be a very interesting series.

lakers can't let up or i can see the suns getting by them.

gcoll
05-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Like the Suns leading scorer J Rich in the playoffs averaged 8ppg and 30% shooting in 4 games against the Lakers?
Sure.

4 games is a small sample.

I'm not worried about the Suns offense. Let's put it that way.

JPHX
05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
He just shot 47% against the Spurs because of alittle size in front of him and is averaging 7rpg in the playoffs.

Yeah cause he had Jarron Collins in the middle. Do you really need to guard Jarron Collins? Like i said with Lopez returning.....

rocky4104
05-11-2010, 04:12 PM

yup! he stepped up big time in the playoffs, and steve nash, and grant hill, and dudley, and frye, and barbosa, and dragic, they all are stepping up so far in the playoffs, regular season's over bro, dont bother yourself with regular season's stats, cause you obviously had to go look and research on the internet to get those figures... this is the playoffs.. "its where amazing happens"

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Sure.

I see you took out the part about portland having a better defense than the Lakers, because you must have checked the stats. The Lakers had a better defense than Portland in the regular season and are top 1 or 2 defensive team in the playoffs.

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah cause he had Jarron Collins in the middle. Do you really need to guard Jarron Collins? Like i said with Lopez returning.....

Does Collins shoot for Amare?

rocky4104

you know who our leading rebounders are bro? hill and jrich - why? because amre's boxing out the big men....

gcoll
I see you took out the part about portland having a better defense than the Lakers, because you must have checked the stats. The Lakers had a better defense than Portland in the regular season and are top 1 or 2 defensive team in the playoffs.

Yeah. The FG% was better. But Portland played better defense on us than the Lakers did.

During the regular season, and I predict playoffs as well.

rocky4104
05-11-2010, 04:18 PM

he is our secret weapon, he actually is our best shooter on the team, he's just staying under the radar, biding his time, reserving himself for the Lakers... watch out for him bro... he's gonna be huge!

JPHX

My point was that Amare got doubled every time he touched the ball. Last series our guard play had to carry us. This time Amare has help.

ko8e24
Pau + Drew can make life difficult for Amare. There's no one on the Suns to make life difficult for Pau.

Gibby23
you know who our leading rebounders are bro? hill and jrich - why? because amre's boxing out the big men....

Really? Tim Duncan and McDyess averaged over their season averages in rebounds against the Suns in the playoffs.

JPHX
05-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Pau + Drew can make life difficult for Amare. There's no one on the Suns to make life difficult for Pau.

Once again no credit for the Amare/Lopez tandem. Thats okay though.

gcoll
05-11-2010, 04:22 PM
And/or Frye.

They talk about Drew/Bynum...but how can those two be on the floor if we go Frye/Amare?

They're gonna have to take at least one out. Unless Gasol is going to get out on the perimeter.

rocky4104
05-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Really? Tim Duncan and McDyess averaged over their season averages in rebounds against the Suns in the playoffs.

we will never be a great defensive-oriented rebounding team with this line up bro.. you said amare ave. only 7rpg, because he's mainly boxing out.. i never said amare limited duncan and mcdyess rebounds, he was out there helping, thats why the 7rpg ave. did i say amare stopped the SAS bigs? off tangent bro..

gcoll
05-11-2010, 04:23 PM

Didn't the Suns out-rebound San Antonio though?

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
we will never be a great defensive-oriented rebounding team with this line up bro.. you said amare ave. only 7rpg, because he's mainly boxing out.. i never said amare limited duncan and mcdyess rebounds, he was out there helping, thats why the 7rpg ave. did i say amare stopped the SAS bigs? off tangent bro..

You said he was boxing out the other bigs, I just stated it didn't stop them.

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Didn't the Suns out-rebound San Antonio though?

I was talking about the great job the Suns PF did boxing out, because that was the reason he couldn't avg double digit rebounds or shoot over 50%.

ko8e24
05-11-2010, 04:26 PM

Lopez has to come back first and establish himself. It's too premature right now. Let the guy get his groove back. And Amare is okay defender, but becomes very lazy and unaware several times throughout the course of a 48-min game.

ko8e24
05-11-2010, 04:28 PM
And/or Frye.

They talk about Drew/Bynum...but how can those two be on the floor if we go Frye/Amare?

They're gonna have to take at least one out. Unless Gasol is going to get out on the perimeter.

Pau is not opposed to being around the perimeter on the offense or defense end. He can do it.

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 04:28 PM
And/or Frye.

And how can Nsh be on the floor if the Lakers Put Odom in the game at SF and Kobe at PG. The Lakers can go Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum

Can Nash guard Kobe or Artest in the post without fouling?

rocky4104
05-11-2010, 04:29 PM
You said he was boxing out the other bigs, I just stated it didn't stop them.

yea.. boxing out, if i recall correctly, dunc and mcdyess played at the same time most of the time, you are right bro, he didnt stop them, i was explaning to you his 7rpg ave., and besides he never was a great rebounder - thats what we were talking abt right? or was i the one taht's off-tangent?

gcoll
05-11-2010, 04:29 PM
I was talking about the great job the Suns PF did boxing out, because that was the reason he couldn't avg double digit rebounds or shoot over 50%.
Ok. I don't quite understand the point.

You are saying that Amare played poorly against San Antonio, therefore he will against LAL as well?

If that's your point, it's worth noting that despite Amare shooting less than 50%, and not averaging 10 rebounds....we swept the series.

JPHX
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Lopez has to come back first and establish himself. It's too premature right now. Let the guy get his groove back. And Amare is okay defender, but becomes very lazy and unaware several times throughout the course of a 48-min game.

Ok but saying that there is no one on the suns to combat the Gasol/Bynum tandem is a little premature as well, wont you agree?

showtym24
05-11-2010, 04:36 PM
dont know about that, i think amare can give pau a run for his money on the abilities to: score and1, run the floor, ad drive 1 on 1 (pau s more of a post player, he mostly pays with his back to the basket), and nobody runs the pick and roll better than Nash/Amare IMO in the NBA.

Pau's bigger, yes and plays more defense, and he plays alongside Bynum, Odom, and Bryant, that's hs distinct advantage

Agree on them two.

ko8e24
05-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Ok but saying that there is no one on the suns to combat the Gasol/Bynum tandem is a little premature as well, wont you agree?

Yes, you have a point there as well.

rocky4104
05-11-2010, 04:40 PM
And how can Nsh be on the floor if the Lakers Put Odom in the game at SF and Kobe at PG. The Lakers can go Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum

nash will never guard kobe, unlless there's a switch... Artest thouh... hm i honestly dont know.. how good is his back to the basket offensive game btw? i really dont know.. my question is if they have the big 3, gasol, odom, and bynu, and they will post artest up, that is one clogged lane in there, unless thay wil take one or 2 of the bigs outside the paint while artest is posting.. will that negate their size advantage then?

bear with me on this one bro.. so here's the scenario.. artest posting up.. kobe's guys have to stay with him naturally.. so if the big 3 will be IN/or around the paint for a possible rebound and putbacks, the lane will be clogged.. making it hard for artest (given that he has a good post-up game, i really dont know him well) to operate.. so they have to take odom (best shooter among the big 3) and/or gasol outside the paint... if you watched the spurs/suns series you will notice that the suns now have a scrambling double team set-up they like to do... so either odom's or gasol's man will double team artest forcing hm to kick out to odom or gasol who will now have to make a long 2 or a 3-point shot for that particular play.... i will take it, thats what they did to the spurs and look how far they had gotten

im not saying that the suns will sweep or even run LA to the ground, LAL is a far bettter team thatn SAS, plus of course the kobe factor - i was just explaining how the suns will react to your scenario - i've seen them do that to the spurs

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 04:43 PM
nash will never guard kobe, unlless there's a switch... Artest thouh... hm i honestly dont know.. how good is his back to the basket offensive game btw? i really dont know.. my question is if they have the big 3, gasol, odom, and bynu, and they will post artest up, that is one clogged lane in there, unless thay wil take one or 2 of the bigs outside the paint while artest is posting.. will that negate their size advantage then?

bear with me on this one bro.. so here's the scenario.. artest posting up.. kobe's guys have to stay with him naturally.. so if the big 3 will be IN/or around the paint for a possible rebound and putbacks, the lane will be clogged.. making it hard for artest (given that he has a good post-up game, i really dont know him well) to operate.. so they have to take odom (best shooter among the big 3) and/or gasol outside the paint... if you watched the spurs/suns series you will notice that the suns now have a scrambling double team set-up they like to do... so either odom's or gasol's man will double team artest forcing hm to kick out to odom or gasol who will now have to make a long 2 or a 3-point shot for that particular play.... i will take it, thats what they did to the spurs and look how far they had gotten

im not saying that the suns will sweep or even run LA to the ground, LAL is a far bettter team thatn SAS, plus of course the kobe factor - i was just explaining how the suns will react to your scenario - i've seen them do that to the spurs

Haha, I just threw that out there. Phil won't do that, though I would like to see it for limited mins. He only used that lineup once this year and that was in the 1st round against the Thunder for like 5 min.

JPHX
05-11-2010, 04:46 PM
actually if the Lakers played a Kobe,Artest,Odom,Gasol,Bynum lineup i would think Gentry would pull Nash and go to his bigger guards. Speed and Defense can combat this lineup.

rocky4104
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Haha, I just threw that out there. Phil won't do that, though I would like to see it for limited mins. He only used that lineup once this year and that was in the 1st round against the Thunder for like 5 min.

whew!! that line-up would be scary... lol

ok tell phil that, dont use that line-up! rocky said it wont work LMAO

Gibby23
05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
whew!! that line-up would be scary... lol

ok tell phil that, dont use that line-up! rocky said it wont work LMAO

Lol. It seems scary, but it doesn't work. No spacing.

sunnydayin'zona
05-11-2010, 05:18 PM

he obviously wasn't the leading scorer in those 4 games...but he's our number 3 option. look, this suns team is a top 3 offensive team in the history of the game, i dont think you really have much that could question their ability to score

sunnydayin'zona
05-11-2010, 05:28 PM

i think if this did happen, since it would be in limited minutes, could we maybe see grant hill running the point position, guarding kobe, jrich at SG on artest, lou or frye on odom(frye didn't do a bad job on duncan), then amare/lopez and gasol/bynum. i feel like you would have to have grant hill or dudley running the point. dudley has only dont it for like a total of 6 minutes this season haha
or..could putting barbosa at the point, but guarding artest, negate the whole lineup because it would bring a fast offense that that laker lineup could not keep up with? put hill/jrich at sg and either one guard kobe?

JordansBulls
05-27-2010, 04:32 PM
What do you think now?

Gibby23
05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
What do you think now?

It's even right now. Gasol had 2 better games then Amare had 2 better games.

FaM0us Skins
05-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Gasol

LTS
05-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Amare has the talent to make or break this series for Suns. Pau handed the lakers series over to Kobe

JordansBulls
05-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Gasol played better tonight than Amare.