2009mvp
04-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Showtime Super Six World Boxing Classic
Super Middleweight Tournament

Semi-Finals:

(1) Andre Ward vs (4) Arthur Abraham - Date/Location TBD
(2) Carl Froch vs (3) Glen Johnson - Date/Location TBD

Final Group Standings:

1. Andre Ward (2-0-0) (0) 6 Pts (2 points awarded by default)
2. Carl Froch (2-1-0) (0) 4 Pts
3. Glen Johnson (1-0-0) (1) 3 Pts
4. Arthur Abraham (1-2-0) (1) 3 Pts
5. Allan Green (0-2-0) (0) 0 Pts

Withdrawn: Jermaine Taylor (0-1-0) 0 Pts
Mikkel Kessler (1-1-0) (0) 2 Pts
Andre Dirrell (1-1-0) (0) 2 Pts

Group Stage 1:

Arthur Abraham KO12 Jermaine Taylor

Carl Froch SD12 Andre Dirrell

Andre Ward TKO11 Mikkel Kessler

Group Stage 2:

Andre Ward UD12 Allan Green

Andre Dirrell DQ11 Arthur Abraham

Mikkel Kessler UD12 Carl Froch

Group Stage 3:

Glen Johnson TKO8 Allan Green

Carl Froch UD12 Arthur Abraham

2009mvp
04-21-2010, 08:45 PM
^^Whoa whoa whoa, people like Crotch? Shoot his own countrymen don't even like him. This is one of the weakest fight of the tourney, but unless he's completely done mentally after being dominated by Ward I think Kessler handles Crotch and effectively counters those ridiculous leaping shots. Either way, don't think either of these guys end up being near the top at the end of this thing.

ULT WARRIOR408
04-21-2010, 11:17 PM
^^Whoa whoa whoa, people like Crotch? Shoot his own countrymen don't even like him. This is one of the weakest fight of the tourney, but unless he's completely done mentally after being dominated by Ward I think Kessler handles Crotch and effectively counters those ridiculous leaping shots. Either way, don't think either of these guys end up being near the top at the end of this thing.

Froch is no longer in the safe confines of the UK.We all know he lost that fight against Dirrell & all those dirty tactics he pulled in that last fight aren't gonna fly in Denmark.I hope Kessler knocks him the **** out.I cant stand this smug arrogant bastard but at the same time Kessler has lost his last two big fights ,there is that chance that he's not the same.But I say a less than 100% Kessler still wins this bout.:box:

2009mvp
04-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Really entertaining, close fight. I had Kessler by one round but I though a few rounds could have gone either way. Neither guys looked all that sharp though and like I said before neither are up there with Ward/Dirrell and both probably beaten by Abraham as well.

AddiX
04-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Really entertaining, close fight. I had Kessler by one round but I though a few rounds could have gone either way. Neither guys looked all that sharp though and like I said before neither are up there with Ward/Dirrell and both probably beaten by Abraham as well.

That was a great fight, I thought Kessler clearly won. Much closer than I would of ever anticipated, Kessler is towards the end of his career.

Froch is saying he wont fight Abraham unless it's in his hometown. I can see this being a real problem.

2009mvp
04-25-2010, 05:36 PM
That was a great fight, I thought Kessler clearly won. Much closer than I would of ever anticipated, Kessler is towards the end of his career.

Froch is saying he wont fight Abraham unless it's in his hometown. I can see this being a real problem.

Yeah Kessler's hands are really, really slow at this point, I dunno how much he's got left.

As far as Froch if they did indeed have an agreement that the fight was gonna be in the UK before I don't blame him for threatening to pull out. If it wasn't already, it's becoming increasingly clear that the hometown guys have a huge advantage in these fights and I can't blame him for not wanting to go into Germany if that wasn't the original agreement.

ULT WARRIOR408
04-29-2010, 02:29 PM
This fight was a lot closer than I anticipated.It just goes to show that Kessler has obviously lost a step b/c the Kessler of a few years ago wouldn't have let a bum like Froch hang around.Froch is garbage & if he had any faith in his skillset he wouldn't demand that he fights king Arthur in his hometown.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-18-2010, 04:37 PM
My boys Ward/Green who ya'll got in this?I like both fighters but I'll root for the local guy my boy Ward.

AddiX
05-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Green is a fake IMO. He might be able to pick off some of the Euro's but Ward will school him all day.

Bravo95
05-20-2010, 08:05 AM
My boys Ward/Green who ya'll got in this?I like both fighters but I'll root for the local guy my boy Ward.
Whoever wins the Dirrell-Ward match and I'd give the edge to Ward for now.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-10-2010, 12:11 AM
^True dat bruh.

2009mvp
06-10-2010, 02:01 AM

Sounds like they're gonna settle on a neutral site in Montreal. Should be interesting coming into Bute's backyard with two guys a lot of people seem to think he'd dispose of right now. (Personally I think he'd have a field day with Froch despite Froch's impressive workrate, and that an Abraham fight would be a fantastic matchup. It's really a shame Jermaine Taylor got that invite instead of Bute).

ULT WARRIOR408
06-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Andre Ward is the new leader in this tourney.

2009mvp
06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Andre Ward is the new leader in this tourney.

Yup, updated the first post.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Ward vs Dirrell.Its the battle of the Andres.:box:

AddiX
07-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Andre vs Andre is a great matchup. I'm going with Ward because mentally he seems sharp. They both have suspect chins though and I give Dirrell the speed and power advantage. Real interesting fight though.

ULT WARRIOR408
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
^I agree that this will be the best fight of this tourney & your right about the advantage in speed going to Dirrell but imo Ward is the one who'll have the advantage in power.Oh & your right about Ward being more mentally tougher than Dirrell,im just not sold on Dirrell in those championship rounds yet.

AddiX
08-08-2010, 06:36 PM
^I agree that this will be the best fight of this tourney & your right about the advantage in speed going to Dirrell but imo Ward is the one who'll have the advantage in power.Oh & your right about Ward being more mentally tougher than Dirrell,im just not sold on Dirrell in those championship rounds yet.

Even against Abraham whom he was toying with it started getting tough in the late rounds for Dirrell.

But with every fight he's becoming stronger. I knew the Froch loss would be a blessing in disguise though. And I expect him to come out much more aggressive in a fight vs Ward now that he is facing elimination.

Bravo95
08-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm leaning toward Ward in this one.

ULT WARRIOR408
08-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Even against Abraham whom he was toying with it started getting tough in the late rounds for Dirrell.

But with every fight he's becoming stronger. I knew the Froch loss would be a blessing in disguise though. And I expect him to come out much more aggressive in a fight vs Ward now that he is facing elimination.

You make some valid points but I still gotta go with my boy Ward.Either I feel this will be a great fight,maybe the best fight of this tourney.Dirrell is facing elimination so he'll be more aggressive but Ward is just to smart and to crafty for him.

AddiX
08-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Looks like Kessler is out of the tourny and they may go to a 4 man tourny and boot Green. I'm all for it.

ULT WARRIOR408
08-26-2010, 09:09 PM
^Well if thats true then this is what I see happening.

Allan Green

Will move up to 175 pounds b/c that was his plan after this tourney.

Mikkel Kessler

Im not what sure what he'll do but I could see some good fights ahead with Bute,Pavlik,etc.But part of me thinks he'll do the same thing he did after he lost to Calzaghe & not fight for a year or at the least 6 to 8 months.

AddiX
09-01-2010, 10:39 PM
^Well if thats true then this is what I see happening.

Allan Green

Will move up to 175 pounds b/c that was his plan after this tourney.

Mikkel Kessler

Im not what sure what he'll do but I could see some good fights ahead with Bute,Pavlik,etc.But part of me thinks he'll do the same thing he did after he lost to Calzaghe & not fight for a year or at the least 6 to 8 months.

Kessler has an eye socket problem, who knows if he fights again. There is fighters in the past who have done it, Most notably Sugar Ray Leonard when he fought Hagler.

But it is never a good idea. Kessler, physically looked about done anyway TBH. Old Kessler would of waxed Froch.

As for Green. I never liked him, don't really want to see him unless it's to get knocked out. Guy is a complete fraud.

ULT WARRIOR408
09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Kessler has an eye socket problem, who knows if he fights again. There is fighters in the past who have done it, Most notably Sugar Ray Leonard when he fought Hagler.

But it is never a good idea. Kessler, physically looked about done anyway TBH. Old Kessler would of waxed Froch.

As for Green. I never liked him, don't really want to see him unless it's to get knocked out. Guy is a complete fraud.

I just got through watching that 360 show & Kessler said he'll fight in 6 month.I could see him fight 2nd tier fighters in his hometown for paychecks(although I'd like to see him fight Bute,Pavlik or Balsay).Man you are just a lil harsh on Green.I think he's aaaiiight.

AddiX
09-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I just got through watching that 360 show & Kessler said he'll fight in 6 month.I could see him fight 2nd tier fighters in his hometown for paychecks(although I'd like to see him fight Bute,Pavlik or Balsay).Man you are just a lil harsh on Green.I think he's aaaiiight.

I might be Harsh on him, but the guy is a fraud. I read recently in a article that boxing is the easiest sport to fake it, because no one knows anything about boxing. It's so true.

Green was getting schooled by a Tarvis Simms on showtime his fight before he fought Ward. Simms is like a foot shorter than him and old as hell. I just really can't stand the guy and feel he's been forced on us more than he's actually earned anything.

Bravo95
09-24-2010, 03:41 PM
@DanRafaelESPN: Showtime announced 11/27 Super Six card: Ward-Dirrell from US & Froch-Abraham from Helsinki, Finland.

http://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/25420743740

@DanRafaelESPN: They are calling these Group Stage 3 bouts, not semifinals and Allan Green apparently will get a new opponent for Stage 3 with Kessler out.

http://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/25420787252

2009mvp
09-25-2010, 11:12 PM
This is really interesting now. Green is a bum but whoever he fights should be a hell of an entertaining fight considering a knockout is the only way for either of them to advance. The way I understand it, if Ward wins and there's a KO in the Green fight Dirrell could be out of the tourney, with Ward/AA/Crotch/Green advancing.

AddiX
09-27-2010, 05:37 PM
This is really interesting now. Green is a bum but whoever he fights should be a hell of an entertaining fight considering a knockout is the only way for either of them to advance. The way I understand it, if Ward wins and there's a KO in the Green fight Dirrell could be out of the tourney, with Ward/AA/Crotch/Green advancing.

Looks like Johnson is the new man in. Not sure how Showtime expects a man his age who hasnt fought in that weight in awhile to make weight.

But it's no surprise Johnson took the fight, that's for sure. I'll be rooting for Johnson to get the win.

ULT WARRIOR408
09-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Looks like Johnson is the new man in. Not sure how Showtime expects a man his age who hasnt fought in that weight in awhile to make weight.

But it's no surprise Johnson took the fight, that's for sure. I'll be rooting for Johnson to get the win.

Who's Johnson??

So this tourney picks back up in 11/27 huh?

2009mvp
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Oh wow, they're gonna make a 41 year old drop a full weightclass? I guess that means Bika turned the fight down. I've got nothing but respect for Johnson (how could you not?) but I dunno if that's gonna end well.

VillaMaravilla
09-28-2010, 04:27 PM
:facepalm:andre ward p4p someday?

ULT WARRIOR408
09-29-2010, 04:40 PM
So Glenn Johnson is gonna replace Kessler?WTF!!!!!!!

I would have much rather have seen Bika in their.I'm pretty sure they could've gotten someone else to fill in that vacant spot in this tourney like Pavlik,Balzsay or even Steiglitz.

AddiX
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
So Glenn Johnson is gonna replace Kessler?WTF!!!!!!!

I would have much rather have seen Bika in their.I'm pretty sure they could've gotten someone else to fill in that vacant spot in this tourney like Pavlik,Balzsay or even Steiglitz.

Pavlik completely ripped the tourny when it came out saying it didn't pay him enough. I don't even know who Balzsay is. Only saw Steiglitz once. And TBH Pavlik is a big check guy now, these guys who tasted HBO $ won't do tournys like this.

Bika I wouldn't mind but I'm not sure that he has shown he has anything left or that he's been active or can even make weight. I haven't heard a peep from him in a long time.

Johnson is a known name, and he always brings it. He gave a young Cloud more than everything he could handle. I'm happy to see johnson get a few more $ before he retires, this sport owes him some serious back pay.

Bravo95
10-07-2010, 01:03 PM
@DanRafaelESPN Showtime has announced Andre Dirrell is out of the Super Six. Tournament now an official disaster. Mystery injury.

:facepalm: Oh well...

AddiX
10-07-2010, 01:34 PM
@DanRafaelESPN Showtime has announced Andre Dirrell is out of the Super Six. Tournament now an official disaster. Mystery injury.

:facepalm: Oh well...

Showtime needs to man up and start handing out lawsuits. And not give anyone involved with this any time on there network anymore.

I was a Dirrell fan, but he basically ruined the best thing going on boxing. The european fighters have shown 10X more balls in this tourny than the Americans.

2009mvp
10-07-2010, 03:10 PM
How convenient, a fight that seemingly no one but Showtime wanted to get done fell apart. I dunno about you guys, but I've lost a lot of respect for Dirrell since the Froch fight. It's just always something with that guy.

Hero93
10-07-2010, 03:59 PM
well this sucks

Bravo95
10-07-2010, 05:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5659177

Super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell has withdrawn from Showtime's Super Six World Boxing Classic due to neurological problems that could end his career, Leon Lawson Jr., Dirrell's uncle and trainer, told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Lawson said that Dirrell's symptoms of "headaches and dizziness" began shortly after his March fight against Arthur Abraham in Group Stage 2 of the modified round-robin tournament. In that fight, Dirrell was on his way to a lopsided decision when he slipped to the canvas in the 11th round and Abraham nailed him with a flush right hand to the temple while he was down. Dirrell, who never saw the punch coming, was knocked out and declared the winner on a disqualification because of the flagrant foul.

"Andre was saying he was having headaches and dizziness," Lawson said. "My father [Leon Lawson Sr.] and me asked him how long it was going on and he said periodically since after the fight. It was something we suspected. We saw slight changes in his normal being. It alarmed us. We're going to take it serious. He's not only a fighter, he's our family. "We took him to a doctor and then a neurologist. When we took him to the neurologist, he was alarmed. He said Andre wasn't fit to fight right now. Before he would even consider letting him fight, he would need three months symptom-free. It would get to the point where Andre would have to sit down. He couldn't lay down because [the symptoms] would get worse."

Lawson said he understood the speculation about Dirrell and Ward not wanting to fight.

"For people who say that this is fake or they just didn't want to fight, I understand," Lawson said. "They're just fight fans and want to see a good fight. But you got to understand these are human beings and things like this can happen. Anyone who doubts this at all, just turn on the TV and watch the last fight, and see how he was hit while he was down and defenseless. I was there. I seen it first hand. I was very worried. The cameras didn't show everything. There was some damage done."

Al Haymon, Dirrell's manager, declined to comment when reached by ESPN.com. Promoter Gary Shaw, who said he was informed of the withdrawal on Wednesday and was upset because Showtime did not notify him of Thursday's teleconference, wouldn't discuss the specifics of the injury.

"He just wasn't the same since that fight," Lawson said. "That's what it's from. It happened in the Abraham fight. The problems definitely came from that. It's not something someone else would notice, but we're family and we noticed things after the Abraham fight. This was something me and my father discussed. So when Andre came to us and told me, my father, his brother [pro fighter Anthony Dirrell] and his wife, it alarmed us because it was already something we were thinking."

Lawson said that Dirrell suffered a concussion against Abraham and that when he recently saw a neurologist, he underwent a battery of tests, including a CAT scan and MRI and MRA exams.

"And the neurologist determined he was unable to fight," Lawson said. "Andre wanted to fight and get back in the ring like any normal fighter. They want to fight. But what's most important is his safety. That's my whole thing. Even his attitude now, we had to tell him, 'Man, you better respect this game.' He just wants to fight, but we told him we got to respect the doctor's opinion. This is not nothing to play with. It's really not a game.

ULT WARRIOR408
10-07-2010, 07:03 PM
:facepalm:This tourney is done imo.1st Taylor then Kessler & now Dirrell.So know whats gonna happen with this tournament?:shrug:

ULT WARRIOR408
10-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Karoly Balzsay is the former WBO 168 pound champ from Hungary(based out of Germany).He lost his title to Robert Stieglitz last year.

2009mvp
10-07-2010, 09:01 PM
"For people who say that this is fake or they just didn't want to fight, I understand," Lawson said. "They're just fight fans and want to see a good fight. But you got to understand these are human beings and things like this can happen. Anyone who doubts this at all, just turn on the TV and watch the last fight, and see how he was hit while he was down and defenseless. I was there. I seen it first hand. I was very worried. The cameras didn't show everything. There was some damage done."

Very well said.

I seriously doubt that it was the one punch after the bell that did the majority of the damage like his camp seems to want you to believe, but I don't see why he shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt about being injured. Wish him the best and move on. Scrap the tournament. Keep Froch/Abraham, let Ward fight a tuneup and pray the chips fall right and a fight between he and the Froch/AA winner gets done. Green/Johnson doesn't mean much now and I can't imagine Showtime will be too happy about having to pay those guys more than they're worth in this scenario. Alternatively HBO could jump in with their cash and make an offer for something like Bute/Ward. Either way there are still a lot of great potential matchups in this division.

ULT WARRIOR408
10-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Call me crazy but I think the two(Andre & Andre)are good friends & just didn't wanna fight each other TBH.The article that was on Bravo's link mentioned something about that,I also think there is really nothing wrong with Dirrell.Never the less I am still a fan of both fighters & I bet Dirrell will be fighting again soon.I could see him fighting a tuneup then he'll fight for a title whenever he returns to the ring.

VillaMaravilla
10-08-2010, 12:57 PM
its a shame the tourn. was really good and now who even knows if it continues.....SHAME

AddiX
10-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Everyone from Andre's camp see's to say that this is for real and he has serious problems.

What I don't get is why the hell hasn't Andre said a damn thing yet? If this is legit and there is nothing to hide than let the fans hear it from you.

krazylegz
10-13-2010, 01:24 AM
yea,thing tourney is now officially a joke....shame too,had alot of potetial

2009mvp
10-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Now Bika replaces Dirrell, Green/Johnson I read they're trying to squeeze on an undercard somewhere (perhaps Hop/Pascal in December?), and Froch/AA goes as planned. This thing really backfired on Showtime, I think most fans would prefer if it were simply scrapped, but money's in the air and all those guys (rightfully so) want the cut they agreed to.

ULT WARRIOR408
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
^^So its gonna be Bika vs Ward?I can dig it.This fight is still gonna be on 11/27 in Oaktown(oracle arena)right.

2009mvp
10-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Dunno, but I can't imagine Froch/Abraham would be very happy about Ward getting 3 fights in his hometown. Assuming he has to fight one of them down the line, negotiations for a venue could get really ugly.

AddiX
10-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Dunno, but I can't imagine Froch/Abraham would be very happy about Ward getting 3 fights in his hometown. Assuming he has to fight one of them down the line, negotiations for a venue could get really ugly.

The tourny was a great idea, but it was way to long for this kind of sport. Most of the problems were foreseeable. I think the tourny still has some interest, I just wish Showtime did more to protect themselves and the tournament.

But I'm excited about the Bantamweight tourny, and I think showtime is learning quickly how to do these things successfully. There always be good fighters looking for guaranteed paydays. 4 fighter, single elimination tournaments seems like the perfect way to go about it.

I'm excited for Froch/Abraham. I use to hate Froch and he turned me into a huge fan.

ULT WARRIOR408
10-22-2010, 02:08 AM
^I hated Froch before & I still hate him now(even more so TBH)but whenever I see his girl I get a rise in my levis.

AddiX
10-22-2010, 12:59 PM
^I hated Froch before & I still hate him now(even more so TBH)but whenever I see his girl I get a rise in my levis.

I was the same way but you know what I realized a long time ago. He is horrible. Technically there is nothing you would teach to a young fighter.

But he wins off of being tough and working hard. He is cocky as **** and when he talks smack you can tell he's confident about what he says no matter how dumb the comment is.

He never backs down to anyone, and no matter how tough the fight he keeps coming. His fights with Taylor, Kessler, Pascal, were all GREAT fights. A fighter with less heart and conditioning could of lost ANY of those fights. Technically he was out matched in all 3 of those.

Say what you want but the guy comes to fight. I use to hate on him with a passion and after the Kessler fight I realized this dude is the man.

VillaMaravilla
10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
I was the same way but you know what I realized a long time ago. He is horrible. Technically there is nothing you would teach to a young fighter.

But he wins off of being tough and working hard. He is cocky as **** and when he talks smack you can tell he's confident about what he says no matter how dumb the comment is.

He never backs down to anyone, and no matter how tough the fight he keeps coming. His fights with Taylor, Kessler, Pascal, were all GREAT fights. A fighter with less heart and conditioning could of lost ANY of those fights. Technically he was out matched in all 3 of those.

Say what you want but the guy comes to fight. I use to hate on him with a passion and after the Kessler fight I realized this dude is the man.

I cant stand that guy but must admitt i always make it a point to catch his fights

2009mvp
11-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Bute just signed a 3 fight deal with Showtime. The quicker this tourney ends the faster we can get Bute in the mix along with Ward/Abraham/Froch. I think I've said it before, but now I really would prefer them to just scrap the whole thing.

ULT WARRIOR408
11-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Bute just signed a 3 fight deal with Showtime. The quicker this tourney ends the faster we can get Bute in the mix along with Ward/Abraham/Froch. I think I've said it before, but now I really would prefer them to just scrap the whole thing.

Yeah I am with you on scraping this tourney(which is rapidly becoming a joke)& let showtime put together some bouts with Bute so we can really see what this cat is made of.

2009mvp
11-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Did anyone happen to catch the latest episode of Fight Camp 360? I don't wanna say he's faking it but damn I can see how some of the stuff said could do a number on Dirrell's rep.

Also, Glen Johnson is the ****ing man. I don't know anyone who doesn't like the guy, I really, really hope he advances on Saturday.

ULT WARRIOR408
11-05-2010, 01:45 PM
^^What happen on Fight Camp 360?

I said it from the jump that he was faking.

2009mvp
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Just the way his brother/father handled the interviews. His dad was asking for a lawyer to be present in the middle of a very private interview at his house with just the Showtime people and his brother said something like 'we're prize fighters, not pride fighters.' It came off like no one had any intention of making this fight in the first place, at least to me.

ULT WARRIOR408
11-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Like I said before I think both he & Ward are just to good of friends & just didn't wanna fight one another.I wouldn't be surprised if both he & Ward were behind this together(meaning Dirrells baking out of the tourney).

krazylegz
11-07-2010, 11:34 PM
although,this tourney has turned into a joke....it was still cool to see the old man glen johnson win

ULT WARRIOR408
11-12-2010, 04:57 PM
I guess Allan Green is a fraud after all.Not to discredit Glenn Johnson but it looked like the stage was set for Green to advance,putting him in the ring with a 40 something year old dude who fought at a weight he hadn't fought at in over 10 years & then he gets knocked out.:facepalm:

AddiX
11-12-2010, 07:40 PM
I guess Allan Green is a fraud after all.Not to discredit Glenn Johnson but it looked like the stage was set for Green to advance,putting him in the ring with a 40 something year old dude who fought at a weight he hadn't fought at in over 10 years & then he gets knocked out.:facepalm:

Yeah man, hate to say I told you, but boy did watching Glenn KO Green put a smile on my face.:clap:

Nothing like seeing a fraud's career ended, and seeing the hardest working man in boxing getting the opportunity he deserves.

Glenn is such a classy dude at the post fight interview too. Glenn really represents the sport well. No matter what happened in his career he takes the next fight and keeps moving, and by now he's made a lot of money when at one point it seemed like he never would. This guy is the perfect example of how staying active will get you paid.

Johnson vs Abraham/Froch - Oh Hell ya, the Super 6 lives on! I'm rooting for Johnson to get the storybook ending.

ULT WARRIOR408
11-12-2010, 07:43 PM
^^My pops calls him the Jamaican Rocky.:box:

But you cant expect him to beat King Arthur b/c lets face it thats who he'll be fighting next & Abraham is a much better fighter than Green.

2009mvp
11-13-2010, 04:20 AM
Johnson just amazes me. You guys remember the Roy Jones fight when he answered the bell throwing wild flurries the entire first round? Everyone thought the old man was gonna gas out by the 6th but he just kept coming and got the KO. That had to be over 5 years ago and he's still doing the same thing today! I dunno how you could not pull for him to win this whole thing.

As far as Green he is a fraud and an embarrassment. You lose to a fight you give your opponent his dues, you don't protest the fight over supposed rabbit punches that you were leaning into all night. What's worse is if he didn't get KO'd I don't think there's a single boxing fan who would have been shocked to see him get a gift decision.

faze38
11-14-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't really care who else they put in this tourny we all know who is going to win! Without Dirrell in here Ward is the winnr hands down! I think Johnson might be able to get to the finals but thats were the story book ending will end!

AddiX
11-20-2010, 03:49 PM
^^My pops calls him the Jamaican Rocky.:box:

But you cant expect him to beat King Arthur b/c lets face it thats who he'll be fighting next & Abraham is a much better fighter than Green.

I don't believe that all. Abraham has power but only throws 10 punches a round. Froch is active and has a chin and has proven he win tough fights. Abraham also needs room to load those punches, Froch is very good at getting in your face and grinding it out, no matter how ugly it is.

And Johnson I think is a good match up for either of them. He is tough enough to hang with either of them and skilled enough to find ways to win the way he has his entire career.

Unfortunately for him he will have to fight in there hometown and will need a KO to win. I actually think Green was brought in to lose. The promoters didn't want to bring in a guy who could win. But when you need a last minute opponent with a name you go to Glenn. And now these guys got a tough fight on there hands whoever it is.

RZZZA
12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Allen Greene is like the worst I've ever seen. He has no heart. When I saw him introduced into the super six after jermain taylors embarrassing loss, I thought "oh this guy could be a contender"

then after his 2 losses I thought "this guy sucks, he fights with no passion at all." You'd think he would have something to prove

besides Ward, the star of this tournament has been Dirrel imo. Very impressive boxer. I'm not a fan of Abraham or Froch.

edit: oh i didnt know that Dirrel is out of the tourney now. God damn it. Stupid Abraham, i hate him. what a dirty fighter, hitting a guy after hes slipped and was down. Should have known Dirrell was seriously injured the way he was convulsing on the canvas after that. They should have kicked Abraham out of the tournament and revoked his boxing license after that

2009mvp
12-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Allen Greene is like the worst I've ever seen. He has no heart. When I saw him introduced into the super six after jermain taylors embarrassing loss, I thought "oh this guy could be a contender"

then after his 2 losses I thought "this guy sucks, he fights with no passion at all." You'd think he would have something to prove

besides Ward, the star of this tournament has been Dirrel imo. Very impressive boxer. I'm not a fan of Abraham or Froch.

edit: oh i didnt know that Dirrel is out of the tourney now. God damn it. Stupid Abraham, i hate him. what a dirty fighter, hitting a guy after hes slipped and was down. Should have known Dirrell was seriously injured the way he was convulsing on the canvas after that. They should have kicked Abraham out of the tournament and revoked his boxing license after that

Yup, let's take away his right to earn a living for throwing a punch a split second after his opponent took a knee. Besides, if you wanna knock Abraham his skills (or lack thereof) are probably the target. It's not as if he'd ever try and get out of the way.

Standings post is updated, and really this thing has turned out as less of a cluster**** than I had previously thought. Froch/Johnson should be a hell of a fight and so should the winner of that one against Ward. I just hope Abraham doesn't follow through on his thoughts about quitting the tourney altogether. That would make me lose total respect for the man and really end up giving Ward a(nother) huge advantage.

RZZZA
12-10-2010, 02:08 AM
I saw it, he knew what he was doing, imo it was a terrible thing to do. Yes, he should have had his boxing license revoked especially after seeing the aftermath of that punch.

Seeing Dirrell convulsing on the canvas is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in the sport of boxing

AddiX
12-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I saw it, he knew what he was doing, imo it was a terrible thing to do. Yes, he should have had his boxing license revoked especially after seeing the aftermath of that punch.

Seeing Dirrell convulsing on the canvas is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in the sport of boxing

I was a big Dirrell fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7a-O2iHarQ

After I saw this, it's pretty clear he ruined the Super 6 (even though its still fine IMO, thanks for Johnson) and ruined the best fight that I been waiting to see. Ward vs Dirrell

raiderNlakerfan
12-14-2010, 06:57 PM
i agree. its gona b ward vs johnson in the final. wit ward winning it all

2009mvp
12-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Probably not that wise to be counting Froch out or handing Ward the tournament at this point. Hell if you look at it objectively I'd take the Froch that dominated Abraham over the Ward that looked very ordinary against Bika 10 times out of 10. Much different opponents I know, but Froch has shown a little bit of everything in his past 5 or 6 fights.

RZZZA
12-15-2010, 01:44 AM
I hope there's a rematch between Dirrel and Abraham at some point, and Dirrel knocks Abrahams jaw loose again. Abraham is such a bastard, he's not even remorseful about what he did.

ULT WARRIOR408
12-15-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't like Froch but you've gotta give him his respect.I say he beats Johnson & advances in the final against Ward.

AddiX
12-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Probably not that wise to be counting Froch out or handing Ward the tournament at this point. Hell if you look at it objectively I'd take the Froch that dominated Abraham over the Ward that looked very ordinary against Bika 10 times out of 10. Much different opponents I know, but Froch has shown a little bit of everything in his past 5 or 6 fights.

I thought Ward fought a perfect fight against Bika.

I think Bika KO's Abraham, as I mentioned before Abraham has always been over-rated because of his big KO's. Without those, he's looked very ordinary.

Ward man-handles Froch IMO. Ward is fighting for greatness, you can see how focused this guy is. IMO he's the next Hopkins, he's the guy who shuts fighters out.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-26-2011, 04:04 PM
So when will this tourney be resuming?

anybody know?

AddiX
02-11-2011, 02:20 PM
So when will this tourney be resuming?

anybody know?

I think there putting together the venues as we speak. I heard Ward-Abraham will be in cali. Have not heard anything about Johnson-Froch.

I'm going with Johnson against Froch, its a perfect match up for Johnson, he won't need to go looking for Froch at all. I think Johnson is to schooled for Froch, but than again age might finally show.

And I think Ward will end Abraham's career for good, I wouldn't of been surprised if Abraham pulled out of the tournament. Ward probably TKO's him.

ULT WARRIOR408
02-17-2011, 10:14 PM
^^Where in Cali is the Ward/Abraham taking place?I'd sure like to know b/c if its in Oakland ima go this time.

Yeah I say Ward shuts Abraham out.I dunno if I see him TKOing Abraham though.

Its amazing how Abraham is being exposed at 168,I guess its b/c at 160 he fought a bunch of fighters that played into his strategy.

ULT WARRIOR408
02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
I read that Abraham is planning to go ahead with the Ward fight(although I can see him backing out)but after the super 6 he plans to return to middleweight.

ULT WARRIOR408
03-17-2011, 06:11 PM
The Ward-Abraham fight is on may 14th at LA's home depot center.

I'm not sure about where/when the Froch-Johnson fight is.

AddiX
05-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Nice to see ward get the w. He's my favorite American fighter right now. The guy has a game plan and he executes. But eventually he needs to end a fight and be more willing to take a chance.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-17-2011, 11:50 PM
I'd say that this pretty much puts a fork in king-Arthur.B/c it looks like he's about done now.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-05-2011, 01:20 AM
You've gotta respect Johnson b/c he's game & he always brings it.But I think we al knew that this was gonna happen.

Ward-Froch I cant wait.

AddiX
06-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Ward will school froch all day IMO, props to johnson, he made it a tough fight and is a class act as always. A true of example of how a fighter should handle themselves.

Kesssler also looked pretty decent, he def is nothing close to what he used to be though. But a fight with him and bute is looking like a pretty decent scrap right now.

2 very good middleweight fights to look forward to.

zn23
06-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Ward will school froch all day IMO, props to johnson, he made it a tough fight and is a class act as always. A true of example of how a fighter should handle themselves.

Kesssler also looked pretty decent, he def is nothing close to what he used to be though. But a fight with him and bute is looking like a pretty decent scrap right now.

2 very good middleweight fights to look forward to.

Yea Ward will most likely win but I think he'll have his hands full with Froch. Froch took some heavy bombs from Johnson and he never looked stunned at all. Johnson is still a very worthy opponent, he might be 42 years old but he's still a tough guy and he has some power still, unlike Mosley.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Ward-Froch=skill/brains-toughness/grit.:box:

drobe86
06-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Ward-Froch=skill/brains-toughness/grit.:box:

Froch is amazing... I'm really impressed with his size speed and length... Ward has great skill also... This super 6 tournament was awesome!!

ULT WARRIOR408
06-25-2011, 08:23 PM
It looks like the fight will be in Las Vegas around holloween.

AddiX
07-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Fight is in atlantic city. I want to go to this, but I'm def going to the cotto fight, and maybe the Martinez fight. I'll probably have to decide between the Martinez and super 6.

I have no clue why the fck this is in Atlantic city btw. It's like the promoters ask themselves, "where is the best place to out a fight, so that I don't sell tickets."

SMH, only in boxing.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Its in Atlantic city b/c all the Las Vegas venues were booked from what I understand.

AddiX
07-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Its in Atlantic city b/c all the Las Vegas venues were booked from what I understand.

I get that, but England or Cali could of sold 15k tickets or so. Instead they will be lucky to break 4k in Atlantic city. with froch if sky know, who knows, maybe you can make this into a mega event there.

It's amazing after all these years these promoters haven't realized that a bad decision doesn't hurt a boxers career. And they are even willing to give up money to try and make sure that doesn't happen. It's insane...

raiderNlakerfan
10-25-2011, 04:51 AM
I got ward via split Dec

zn23
12-13-2011, 10:40 PM
lmao the showtime staredown is so much worse than HBO. But Froch actually made it interesting and exciting. Ward is not marketable at all, he can not sell a fight to save his life, so lets hope he keeps winning fights.

Ward is going to smash him though, I think he might even finish him in the 8th.

AddiX
12-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I think I've been right about all my super 6 predictions except for dirrel froch, which IMO was a clear robbery.

Ward is going to make froch look real bad. I've never seen froch's face smashed up, this will be the first time.

ULT WARRIOR408
12-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Andre "S.O.G." Ward 168 lbs

Carl "The Cobra" Froch 167.5 lbs
:box:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-17-2011, 10:07 PM
The replay of Pacquiao-Marquez is on TV before the Froch-Ward fight and I'm seeing Marquez winning more and more.

AddiX
12-17-2011, 10:49 PM
anyone got link?

Vikes_Fan04
12-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Froch is right when he says Andre can't KO him. So I'll just watch Andre win the scorecards. :box: :cheers:

zn23
12-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Froch sucks, Ward won easily.

zn23
12-17-2011, 11:25 PM
I swear boxing is dead if Froch wins this was sooo one sided. I'll be very upset.

zn23
12-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Ward wins!

Havoc Wreaker
12-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Froch :(

Bravo95
12-18-2011, 03:11 AM
:cool:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:15 AM
This thing finally came to an end.

With the talent in the Jr Welterweight/Welterweight, this would be a great concept for that division.

zn23
12-18-2011, 01:46 PM
I noticed the judges tried their best to screw Ward. The 115-113 scores were a huge joke, the fight was nowhere near that close. Because if Froch got some lucky knockdown, Ward would lose the fight or it would go to some BS split decision....

I gave Froch two rounds only, I gave him the 5th and 9th. The British judge had it right ironically.

AddiX
12-18-2011, 08:01 PM
This thing finally came to an end.

With the talent in the Jr Welterweight/Welterweight, this would be a great concept for that division.

As long as it's single elimination. The tournament was great, but it went on far to long and was way to many rounds.

We watched careers basically come to an end during this tournament.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 09:28 PM
As long as it's single elimination. The tournament was great, but it went on far to long and was way to many rounds.

We watched careers basically come to an end during this tournament.

I'd prefer it to be single elimination too. Though it's not like they have seeds compared to other sports. So it might be something weird to figure out who advances. There will probably be like "He advanced because he got an easier opponent compared to me".