PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio update: Rubio starting to live up to hype

asandhu23
05-10-2010, 03:15 PM
If you thought TD Garden was loud Sunday, as the Celtics rode an historic performance from Rajon Rondo to tie up their best-of-seven Eastern semifinal with Cleveland, you should have heard the noise coming from the Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, site of the Euroleague Final Four.

Or, more accurately, you should have tried to hear Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn on the phone.

"I can't hear you," Kahn said, and that was appropriate, because it was impossible to hear him, too -- and that was during the third-place game between CSKA Moscow and Partizan Belgrade.

Let's be honest: Other than a brief blip from Oklahoma City in the first round, and Milwaukee taking Atlanta to seven games, and the Cavs and C's taking turns dazzling ("It's probably gonna go seven games," Mo Williams said afterward), the playoffs have been underwhelming this year. Every once in a while, they've whelmed. Rondo overwhelmed Sunday, becomingy just the third player in NBA history to amass at least 29 points, 18 rebounds and 13 assists in a playoff game (the others were Oscar Robertson, with 32, 19 and 13 in 1963, and Wilt Chamberlain's 29, 36 and 13 effort in 1967).

So there's time to check in across the pond. That's where Kahn and execs from other wannabe playoff contenders were, checking out the talent at the European Final Four. Kahn, of course, was there to look in on the Timberwolves' future, 19-year-old Ricky Rubio, whose Regal FC Barcelona team won the championship Sunday over Olympiacos, 86-68, for its second Euroleague title. Former Grizzlies player Juan Carlos Navarro, with 21 points and five assists against Olympiacos, was named Final Four MVP; Rubio, who scored nine points, was the first player to cut down the nets.

"Barcelona will not sleep tonight," said the play-by-play guy on the TV feed, and Kahn may be sleeping easier these days as well. When Rubio chose to play in Barcelona for two seasons instead of coming to Minnesota (the team that picked him sixth overall in the 2009 Draft), Kahn got a lot of heat and a lot of people around the league expected the Wolves to eventually deal away their rights to him. But Kahn said Sunday that the plan to bring Rubio over after next season is still in place, and that the Wolves anticipate Rubio to be the beneficiary of two years of seasoning, two years of growing physically and two years of working on his jumper.

So while coach Kurt Rambis and the Wolves took some serious lumps this season, Rubio has been playing with veterans like Navarro, former NBA camper Pete Mickeal and Fran Vasquez, the Magic's 2005 first-round pick who has yet to come over to the States. Barcelona rolled through the European season, winning the ACB Super Cup in October and tore through the ACB League with a 30-3 first-place mark. In Friday's semifinal win over CSKA Moscow -- Mikhail Prokhorov's soon-to-be former team -- Rubio had 10 points and eight assists in 32 minutes.

"He makes plays one can't see," gushed a veteran NBA personnel man who was in attendance this weekend. "He knows how to play the point."

(Here, I will interrupt, because my guy then compared Rubio to both Steve Nash and Jason Kidd, and unless the young man is going to average a triple double for his whole career, that's too rich. OK. Back to the gushing.)

"He's shooting much better and has gotten stronger with the upper body," my guy says. "He's already won the Copa Del Rey. Now he (has) a Euro championship ... won this summer's European championship and has a silver medal from 2008 (at the Beijing Olympics) at the age of 19. You gotta love that record."

Kahn doesn't gush as much. Maybe it's because he knows how important Rubio's future success is both to the franchise and to his own employment down the road.

"Ricky had a good year, especially in the big games in Euroleague play Friday night included," Kahn said via text, once continuing the interview via phone proved hopeless. "Kurt told Ricky through me to work on his shot and it is obvious Ricky spent a lot of time on it this season. Nothing needed to be coordinated (with the Barcelona team); everybody knew that it was something that needed improving."

Rubio also had to weather the emotional pull of playing in his first Euro Final Four.

"The crowd is just a little different," said Cavaliers guard Anthony Parker, who led Maccabi Tel Aviv to Euroleague titles in 2004 and 2005 and was Final Four MVP in '04.

"They carry over that soccer mentality," Parker said. "You see flares in the stands and people beating drums and blowing trumpets, and they're doing chants and stuff. Maybe that's the only factor that's a little different. The pressure's still there. Everything else is still there. But because it's only one game, I liken it more to a college Final Four atmosphere than the NBA ... they hadn't won a Euroleague championship in like 20 years or something. We went from Israel, and the Final Four was in Paris, and we had like 10,000 Maccabi fans there, all wearing their yellow. It was just a great, great experience."

Rubio has a busy summer ahead. He goes almost immediately into the Spanish League playoffs, which will run through mid-June. That's followed by practice for the Spanish national team beginning in July, as Spain prepares for its defense of its FIBA world championship next August in Turkey. And nothing else has changed; Minnesota still expects Rubio no earlier than the summer of 2011, which is the first time he can opt out of his six-year contract with Barcelona.

"He will be all of 20 by then," Kahn texted.

Bringing Rubio over in '11 could also be a public relations salve that summer. There's a slim, slim chance the Wolves might not have their first-round pick in 2011; they owe the Clippers a first from the long-ago Marko Jaric deal, and 2011 is the last year the pick is top 10 protected. After that, L.A. gets the pick outright with no strings and no protections. Now, it's highly likely that Minnesota will retain that pick for '11, considering that the eight playoff teams in the West each won at least 50 games this season, and the Wolves won ...15.

At either rate, after another year's apprenticeship abroad, Rubio needs to start showing what all the fuss is about.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/05/10/morning.tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Ahh PSD's favorite Spanish guy

TYoung21
05-10-2010, 03:21 PM
10 points 8 assists, didn't finish out the game, not even the best player on his team...yea he's great

Jonathan2323
05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I heard that Rubio only wants to play for Miami, LA or NYC.

AI4MVP
05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
what yall. this guy is going to be a legend. keep on hating. but u can just wait and see me make another "i told u so" thread when he breaks assits records as a rookie

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2010, 03:54 PM

I'd welcome him:D

Waiting Hellcrooner comments...

king4day
05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
what yall. this guy is going to be a legend. keep on hating. but u can just wait and see me make another "i told u so" thread when he breaks assits records as a rookie

Can't break assist records when you have no one to pass to. Minny needs help to allow him to excel.

ldc62
05-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Hes not even that good... (Jennings is >) Also what is Kahn so excited about? Rubio doesn't wanna play in Minni. Rubio would probably wanna go to Tor also seeing as how his agent asked BC to move up in the draft to get him.

jimbobjarree
05-10-2010, 04:02 PM

tough titties for Rubio then

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Hes not even that good... (Jennings is >) Also what is Kahn so excited about? Rubio doesn't wanna play in Minni. Rubio would probably wanna go to Tor also seeing as how his agent asked BC to move up in the draft to get him.

lol Rubio to the Toronto

he will freeze to death

Donnie Brasco
05-10-2010, 04:12 PM
It's funny how a lot of people in the US thought Rubio was not that good throughout the season. He actually is a star playing in a team full of stars and he is only 19 years old. Ask any expert who watch the Euroleague, FC Barcelona could probably beat any NBA team if they were in the NBA. That is why he is not the best player on his team. Plus, the game is very different in Europe, you don't have big time scorers or franchise players like in the NBA, my point is you can't judge a player playing in Europe only by his stat sheet.
Think of what Gasol or Ginobili did before coming to the NBA, they were great players but didn't have a typical NBA stat sheet for the guy who is the best player in his team.

I'm not saying that Rubio will definitely be a superstar in the NBA (even tough i think he will be) but don't judge him on his stat sheet or an article just watch him play.

eric1501
05-10-2010, 04:13 PM

Find me one quote from Rubio saying anything CLOSE to this and I will give you everything in my checking and savings account immeadiatly.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2010, 04:15 PM
It's funny how a lot of people in the US thought Rubio was not that good throughout the season. He actually is a star playing in a team full of stars and he is only 19 years old. Ask any expert who watch the Euroleague, FC Barcelona could probably beat any NBA team if they were in the NBA. That is why he is not the best player on his team. Plus, the game is very different in Europe, you don't have big time scorers or franchise players like in the NBA, my point is you can't judge a player playing in Europe only by his stat sheet.
Think of what Gasol or Ginobili did before coming to the NBA, they were great players but didn't have a typical NBA stat sheet for the guy who is the best player in his team.

I'm not saying that Rubio will definitely be a superstar in the NBA (even tough i think he will be) but don't judge him on his stat sheet or an article just watch him play.

That made my day!
Thanks!

eric1501
05-10-2010, 04:16 PM
10 points 8 assists, didn't finish out the game, not even the best player on his team...yea he's great

How many points did Jennings average overseas? Or better yet, how was his whole stat line per game?

ldc62
05-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Find me one quote from Rubio saying anything CLOSE to this and I will give you everything in my checking and savings account immeadiatly.

I knew Minni fans (didn't know there were any on PSD) were going to get defensive. Hmmm how about him not showing up to play this year? Not enough evidence? I guess we will see when he never plays in a Wolves uni.

Jetsguy
05-10-2010, 04:18 PM
tough titties for Rubio then

Ahh what an amazing sig

ldc62
05-10-2010, 04:19 PM
How many points did Jennings average overseas? Or better yet, how was his whole stat line per game?

You're ignoring the fact that the coach basically left Jennings to rot on the bench.

Rubio wasnt even the best player on the team... Juan Carlos Navarro was. Rubio still hasn't lived up to the hype...

ldc62
05-10-2010, 04:21 PM

Your last "i told u so" thread was garbage (something about the Suns making the WCF... big whoop, they've been there before).

Hes a good passer, but sucks at everything else. Terrible shooter, bad Defense... I watched most of his games (not live obviously) and he was just ok. Obviously everyone else just watched the highlight mixes and assume he plays like that all the time.

ldc62
05-10-2010, 04:24 PM
lol Rubio to the Toronto

he will freeze to death

I'm not telling him to walk on the streets naked..... Actually nvm because all the PGs in the league will undress him badly when he tries to guard them.

eric1501
05-10-2010, 04:27 PM
I knew Minni fans (didn't know there were any on PSD) were going to get defensive. Hmmm how about him not showing up to play this year? Not enough evidence? I guess we will see when he never plays in a Wolves uni.

Not even close to be defensive. Just think its hilarious that you really think you know what you are talking about. Again find me one quote or anything close to him not wanting to play in Minnesota. Please.

Iodine
05-10-2010, 04:27 PM
ldc, you have made me proud

eric1501
05-10-2010, 04:31 PM
And the ONLY reason he won't play in a Wolves uniform is if we land John Wall on May 18th. Then we package #18 or #23 and Rubio for a tier 3 or 4 star.

ldc62
Not even close to be defensive. Just think its hilarious that you really think you know what you are talking about. Again find me one quote or anything close to him not wanting to play in Minnesota. Please.

OMG... seriously. I can't believe you are this blind. If a player doesn't show up and doesn't play with the team, goes back to Europe... then clearly he doesn't wanna play for them.

No wait but you're correct: Rubio just LOVES Minni... yet doesn't even report to them? Great Logic.

eric1501
ldc, you have made me proud

I am glad that this was your response. Just proved everything.

ldc62
05-10-2010, 04:32 PM
And the ONLY reason he won't play in a Wolves uniform is if we land John Wall on May 18th. Then we package #18 or #23 and Rubio for a tier 3 or 4 star.

Wall is a million times the player Rubio will ever be. At least you showed some sense by saying Wolves should package Rubio.

eric1501
05-10-2010, 04:32 PM
OMG... seriously. I can't believe you are this blind. If a player doesn't show up and doesn't play with the team, goes back to Europe... then clearly he doesn't wanna play for them.

No wait but you're correct: Rubio just LOVES Minni... yet doesn't even report to them? Great Logic.

What happened with Manu? What happened with Gasol? Are you dumb?

ldc62
05-10-2010, 04:34 PM
What happened with Manu? What happened with Gasol? Are you dumb?

Are you ********? The teams let them stay there. Kahn (the idiot) clearly wanted Rubio to join the Wolves.

ldc62
05-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Theres a huge difference between letting a guy develop in Europe and having a guy stay there because he doesn't wanna be apart of the franchise.

thescore53
05-10-2010, 04:37 PM

or chicago, he either wants a big market or a warm city for his parents to live

eric1501
05-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Didn't say he loved Minnesota either buddy. I bet Brandon Jennings just LOVES Milwaukee too. Do you have any idea on how hard it was to complete the buyout to get over here without being a top 3 pick? Rubio flat out assumed he would be a top 2 or 3 pick.

Honestly if Minnesota would have traded up to #2 like they were rumored to and take Rubio, we might have honestly saw him at the Target Center this year.

Hellcrooner
05-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Your last "i told u so" thread was garbage (something about the Suns making the WCF... big whoop, they've been there before).

Hes a good passer, but sucks at everything else. Terrible shooter, bad Defense... I watched most of his games (not live obviously) and he was just ok. Obviously everyone else just watched the highlight mixes and assume he plays like that all the time.

:rolleyes: im not ging to even discuss about it.

I mean o only get to see like ALL his games...... so yeah i must be wrong if i think his DEfENSE is one of his biggest assests.
And it may be some confuson in my mind seeing him shooting better and better everyday.

eric1501
05-10-2010, 04:39 PM
And back to the WARM cities. Go play in New York. Makes alot of sense.

ldc62
05-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Didn't say he loved Minnesota either buddy. I bet Brandon Jennings just LOVES Milwaukee too. Do you have any idea on how hard it was to complete the buyout to get over here without being a top 3 pick? Rubio flat out assumed he would be a top 2 or 3 pick.

Honestly if Minnesota would have traded up to #2 like they were rumored to and take Rubio, we might have honestly saw him at the Target Center this year.

Seriously why would you even want him? All the PGs drafted after him in last years draft is just as good. Jennings, Flynn, COllision etc etc.

Hellcrooner
05-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Theres a huge difference between letting a guy develop in Europe and having a guy stay there because he doesn't wanna be apart of the franchise.

Do you knwo anything bout BUYOUTS?

Pau gasol could only report inmedialty because his rookie contract was enough for him to PAY HIMSELF the buyout and still have something to earn for hi.

Rubio fell to 5th so the saaly wanst enough for doing that.

ANyway if stupid khan didnt draft FLYNN right agftr him its POSSIBLE they could have found a way.

Iodine
05-10-2010, 04:41 PM
I am glad that this was your response. Just proved everything.

I hadn't even talked to you?

If your going to get in a 3rd grade pissing contest at least keep it to the people involved

JNA17
05-10-2010, 04:42 PM

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/59803-1/oh_god_yes.jpg

central2003
David Kahn is a dumb *** for picking rubio and then not trading him because rubio has no interest in playing for the wolves. Rubio wanted to play for sacramento and he was shocked when kings chose tyreke evans now rubio wants to play in a bigger market where he will get the credit he really deserves.

ldc62

Pau gasol could only report inmedialty because his rookie contract was enough for him to PAY HIMSELF the buyout and still have something to earn for hi.

ANyway if stupid khan didnt draft FLYNN right agftr him its POSSIBLE they could have found a way.

So is it the buyout or the fact that Flynn was drafted after? Or is it the FACT that he was drafted to Minni... all factors.

ClayMatthews
05-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Ricky Rubio is a baby. How do you tell a team your ready to play for them and then decide im not gonna come play anymore. By the way his numbers hes putting up arent that good. Especially considering the level of talent hes playing against compared to the other rookies this year.

eric1501
05-10-2010, 04:46 PM
How dumb would Kahn have been to draft Rubio at 5 then Demar Derozan? Then Rubio still didn't play? Had to have some kind of PG there in case that happened. Kahn knew the buyout was going to be extremely tough so he had to take what he thought was "the next best point guard" in Flynn. And lets not even go to the subject of passing up on Rubio twice. A gem fell into Kahns lap and he made the right choice at #5 hands down.

Nate David+ Co.

Whats funny is that Jennings is cocky but he backed it up. Rubio didn't even work out agianst other pg's.:confused:
where is all this hype coming from? rubio hasn't proven anything until he plays agianst some good ppl. c'mon navarro is a star over there, he was nothing over here. he was iite, nothing special. rubio is gonna get torn apart by wall, jennings, evans etc watch and see.

td0tsfinest

I was actually going to mention this. Even if he wanted to come to the nba, he would've been in enormous debt. The nba teams aren't allowed to put in more than $500 K into a buy out, add that with the rookie salary Rubio would've earned his first year and he'd probably have to sleep over at David Khan's house :D.

It's one of the reasons why his stock dropped, probably the biggest. I know teams like the Thunder and Grizzlies were heavily interested in him.

thescore53
05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
lol Rubio to the Toronto

he will freeze to death

talk a walk sir, there's nothing wrong with cold weather it's actually builds character, it's not like it's cold 365 days a year

Hellcrooner
05-10-2010, 04:57 PM
lol yeah Rubio has not proven himselg.

He didnt play against Paul , Deron and Kidd.....

ANd didnt drive CHildress crazy yesterday...

masalex1205
05-10-2010, 04:58 PM

Dude is this the first time you've read anything on Rubio? He's got a buyout, he couldn't come over now because of contractual issues w/ Barcelona.

Geez, I thought PSD has been over this 1 trillion times.

BoognishMN
05-10-2010, 05:02 PM
God damn Rubio threads are like Groundhog's Day. Rubio has buyout issues, MN is only slightly colder than NY, Of course he'd rather play in LA or NY most players would, MN is not a small market it's the 16th largest TV market in the US, did I miss any?

ldc62
05-10-2010, 05:12 PM
:rolleyes: im not ging to even discuss about it.

I mean o only get to see like ALL his games...... so yeah i must be wrong if i think his DEfENSE is one of his biggest assests.
And it may be some confuson in my mind seeing him shooting better and better everyday.

His D is avg... at best. It won't translate to the NBA. I watch him soo much its not even funny...

ldc62
05-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Dude is this the first time you've read anything on Rubio? He's got a buyout, he couldn't come over now because of contractual issues w/ Barcelona.

Geez, I thought PSD has been over this 1 trillion times.

Still doesn't disprove the fact that he doesn't wanna play in Minni... funny how PSD posters put words in peoples mouths; when did I state that the Buyout wasn't an issue?

ldc62
05-10-2010, 05:16 PM
lol yeah Rubio has not proven himselg.

He didnt play against Paul , Deron and Kidd.....

ANd didnt drive CHildress crazy yesterday...

So did other countries PGs...

PS: How about people make this thread after hes played in the NBA... because he has yet to live up to the hype... Jaun Carlos NAvvaro played better than him yesterday.

td0tsfinest
05-10-2010, 05:31 PM
So did other countries PGs...

PS: How about people make this thread after hes played in the NBA... because he has yet to live up to the hype... Jaun Carlos NAvvaro played better than him yesterday.

But not many played as well as Rubio did. I'm not saying I'm sold on the Kid after watching that one game but he's an interesting prospect. He's a pure pass first point guard, something we haven't see a young guy possess in a very long time.

AI4MVP
05-10-2010, 05:39 PM

its cuz of his buyout. dont talk about things u dont know about. hes said that his future is with the timberwolves and he plans to play for them in 2 years. i dont feel like finding the quote becuz im not gunna use energy to prove to things to people like u

SteveNash
05-10-2010, 05:40 PM
So Rubio's worse than Juan Carlos Navarro who sucked in the NBA>

DitchDat
05-10-2010, 05:43 PM
let's wait and see

ldc62
05-10-2010, 05:45 PM
its cuz of his buyout. dont talk about things u dont know about. hes said that his future is with the timberwolves and he plans to play for them in 2 years. i dont feel like finding the quote becuz im not gunna use energy to prove to things to people like u

You don't know that either.... Also I don't wanna talk to a guy whose name is AI4MVP. Next time make the thread when Rubio has actually played in the NBA...

BALLER71
05-10-2010, 05:47 PM

Let's be honest here. Who the **** wants to play in Minnesota.

Slimsim
05-10-2010, 05:58 PM

Brett Favre ?

Jonathan2323
05-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Brett Favre ?

:laugh2:

sargon21
05-10-2010, 06:09 PM
enough rubio talk until he comes to the NBA

thescore53
05-10-2010, 06:13 PM

wow, thats harsh,

Hawkeye15
05-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I love the fact that so many of you idiot posters still think he won't play for Minnesota. If he doesn't, its because John Wall is manning the point. Other than that, he is the most untouchable thing the Wolves have.

thescore53
05-10-2010, 06:36 PM
athletic pg are taking this league over

lakerssssssss
05-10-2010, 06:42 PM
After all this hype about him, he better be amazing. not just good.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-10-2010, 06:59 PM

I promise you Miami is 3rd on his list if at all.

He should be a Knick right now and maybe could be by summer, among others.

WSU Tony
05-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Why is it all of you fans from other teams feel you know more about Rubio than us Wolves fans? We literally had no basketball to watch this year and many of us dedicated much of our time seeing how Rubio was doing by watching him play and reading articles. Even though this, though, you all feel your womans intuition is more substancial and your opinions are rock solid on this kid.

You guys are so far off when it comes to Rubio, your opinions aren't even valid.

thescore53
05-10-2010, 07:25 PM
i dont think rubio is good enough to choose where he plays

ldc62
05-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I love the fact that so many of you idiot posters still think he won't play for Minnesota. If he doesn't, its because John Wall is manning the point. Other than that, he is the most untouchable thing the Wolves have.

Well he still hasn't played... also wtf are you talking about. My Rockets are gonna get John Wall :p

ldc62
05-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Why is it all of you fans from other teams feel you know more about Rubio than us Wolves fans? We literally had no basketball to watch this year and many of us dedicated much of our time seeing how Rubio was doing by watching him play and reading articles. Even though this, though, you all feel your womans intuition is more substancial and your opinions are rock solid on this kid.

You guys are so far off when it comes to Rubio, your opinions aren't even valid.

I don't even feel like telling the truth anymore (That Rubio won't live up to the hype)... I kinda feel sorry for Wolves fans after reading that.

thescore53
05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Well he still hasn't played... also wtf are you talking about. My Rockets are gonna get John Wall :p

:pity:

ldc62
05-10-2010, 07:52 PM
^ But i wanted to be optimistic like you....

ZHawk1123
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM
I really want to think this kid will be good in the NBA, but I just can't see it happening.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

thescore53
05-10-2010, 08:04 PM
^ But i wanted to be optimistic like you....

who me ???

AIverson
05-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Hopefuly we can trade his rights and get something decent. Let's get a good shooting gaurd.

murphturph
05-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Come yo T.O

cwilson21
05-10-2010, 08:24 PM
It amazes me how many stupid people still comment on this situation yet have no ****ing clue what they're talking about. How many times does PSD have to go over this? Seriously?

As for "Juan Carlos Navarro sucks so Ricky will too", go look at what Navarro did in his only season playing. As a rook in '07, he played 26 min/game and average 10.9 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.2 assists. He shot 36% from 3-point range and was an 85% FT shooter. Yeah that's hardly what you would call "terrible". This was also playing on a 22-60 team a.k.a. a horrible ****ing team.

AI4MVP
05-10-2010, 08:31 PM
You don't know that either.... Also I don't wanna talk to a guy whose name is AI4MVP. Next time make the thread when Rubio has actually played in the NBA...

cool. too bad i wasnt the one who made this thread

AI4MVP
05-10-2010, 08:33 PM

this:clap:

montazingmvp
05-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Still doesn't disprove the fact that he doesn't wanna play in Minni... funny how PSD posters put words in peoples mouths; when did I state that the Buyout wasn't an issue?

how ironic...this whole time you've been insisting on the fact that rubio does not want to play in minni, yet you have not provided one piece of evidence to support it...you're making yourself look like a fool

montazingmvp
05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
athletic pg are taking this league over

tell that to goran dragic, stephen curry, chris paul...

thescore53
05-10-2010, 08:56 PM
paul is pretty athletic

montazingmvp
05-10-2010, 09:02 PM
paul is pretty athletic

no more athletic than stephen curry...he's more of a skilled player than he is an athletic player

Bulls_fan90
05-10-2010, 09:41 PM

He will be a bigger bust than Kwame Brown. ;)

Preuss-is-right
05-10-2010, 09:46 PM
how ironic...this whole time you've been insisting on the fact that rubio does not want to play in minni, yet you have not provided one piece of evidence to support it...you're making yourself look like a fool

I've read every post on this thread and thats what I've deduced. Theres one dude with no merit or real answers arguing with everyone.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
05-10-2010, 09:48 PM
He will end up in Brooklyn if Wall is not there.

Ray_R
05-10-2010, 10:09 PM

Brndon Jennings is Black.:rolleyes:

Lindystud36
05-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Rubbio wil end up in Jersey with Wall
Jersey will trade Harris and their bottom of the first round pick for Rubio
That way Lebron realizes what a team he will have in 2011
It also creates a dynamic back court thats very cheap
Prok already has Rubio under contract
PG:Rubio
SG: Wall
SF: Lebron
PF: David Lee/ Boozer/ Bosh
C: Lopez

Marketing Machine, Pretty Talented with more money for that 6th player thats a star
Or in my other opinion to sign Carmelo in 2011

Think i am crazy, but something like that will happen

Miltown34
05-10-2010, 10:33 PM

that doesn't mean anything.I think Rubio will be a above average player but I don't see him doing anything special...just because a guy does well or doesn't overseas you can't tell how good someone will be in the NBA....if that was the case everybody in EUrope would be stars....since BJ had a bad year, but his coach said he was one of the most or the most talented player in Europe.

Miltown34
05-10-2010, 10:38 PM
enough rubio talk until he comes to the NBA

Same for Wall, people always Jizz/Wet in their pants when it comes to prospects then if the guys have a good career and not great like they thought there there 2 diss them....THE NBA is filled with great prospects some lived up 2 the hype some didn't

SteveNash
05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
tell that to goran dragic, stephen curry, chris paul...

Dragic and Paul are better athletes than Rubio.

And Curry's a much better shooter.

ldc62
05-10-2010, 11:29 PM

I'm bookmarking this... 3 years from now we will see if the so called "spanish sensation" lives up to the hype.

ldc62
05-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I've read every post on this thread and thats what I've deduced. Theres one dude with no merit or real answers arguing with everyone.

How bout you re-read everything again... the main point of my posts were to say how Rubio will not live up to the hype. No one has any evidence that Rubio wants to play in Minni, either... as some members have already stated on page 1; Rubio has listed his preferences.

boeknows
05-11-2010, 12:00 AM
How bout you re-read everything again... the main point of my posts were to say how Rubio will not live up to the hype. No one has any evidence that Rubio wants to play in Minni, either... as some members have already stated on page 1; Rubio has listed his preferences.

When did he list his preferences and what exactly are they. Be sure to actually provide a link this time.

ldc62
05-11-2010, 12:05 AM
When did he list his preferences and what exactly are they. Be sure to actually provide a link this time.

according to some guy on page 1... Im not stating it... that guy did. Damn has the education in the US deteriorated or something? Learn to read everything.

ldc62
05-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Fine.. heres your god damn link: Rubio is overrated and does not prefer to go to Minni (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Report-Ricky-Rubio-s-father-says-son-may-remain?urn=nba,172985&cp=2) Its the first sentence btw, incase you decide to skip half the article.

ldc62
05-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Heres another link: Rubio's Preferences (http://www.interbasket.net/news/2009/05/22/ricky-rubio-wants-los-angeles-not-memphis-okc/)

The reply I am going to get is... "He didn't say anything about Minni!!!!!"
My reply: Yea because he didn't expect to drop so much in the draft.

montazingmvp
05-11-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm bookmarking this... 3 years from now we will see if the so called "spanish sensation" lives up to the hype.

when did i say he would?...i'm arguing the fact that you keep insisting that rubio is hell bent on not playing in minni, when he has never said anything of the sort.

montazingmvp
05-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Heres another link: Rubio's Preferences (http://www.interbasket.net/news/2009/05/22/ricky-rubio-wants-los-angeles-not-memphis-okc/)

of course he has preferences. that doesn't mean he doesn't want to play in minni now that he was drafted by them...every player has preferences.

ldc62
05-11-2010, 02:42 AM
^ Check the Yahoo one. Rubio has made it be known that he doesn't want to go to a small market team. He told teams not to draft him

alencp3
05-11-2010, 04:08 AM
H o f .

JayW_1023
05-11-2010, 06:33 AM
This muppets name is fun to pronounce in french:

Le Riecke Rúbio, douze l'assistes!

cambovenzi
05-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Meh he had a decent game over in europe.
no big deal.

Rentzias
05-11-2010, 09:39 AM
The best part of Draft Day was when Rubio was a bit late to the commentator's table right after he was drafted; they start talking to him about how he feels, etc., and how he's going to run the team... but then they have to interrupt him because the T-Wolves were picking again ("Well Ricky, let's see who your teammate will be...")... "Jonny Flynn!"

It was the most awkward 2 minutes. Kahn is a genius.

Oefarmy2005
05-11-2010, 12:57 PM
I really don't get what we are arguing about? This thread was not started by a Minni fan, so it's not like we came here to brag. And yes, we are a horrible team - but how else you get better if not by drafting the best talent? I am not sold on Rubio myself, but he has the potential to be a great player, I will emphasize POTENTIAL. Was he the best prospect at #5 when the Wolves were picking? Yes, hands down. Should the Wolves have taken Jennings and Curry instead of Flynn and Rubio - perhaps, but hind sight is always 20/20. If the Wolves new who to draft they would have taken Roy and Granger over Foye and Mccants. I don't know if Rubio's game will translate to the NBA, but if you guys watched any of his games - he is pretty good and is a spectacular passer. Maybe Kahn is dumb for picking who he did, maybe he is not - time will tell. But he has definitely made a bad situation better with the coming picks and cap.

ldc62
05-11-2010, 06:36 PM
^I guarantee you would've won 10 more games with Curry and Jennings, but its not like that would help since you are guaranteed a top 5 pick this year. Its not like Kahn could make the team worse... IMO he is not even doing a good job. McHale was better.

boeknows
05-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Fine.. heres your god damn link: Rubio is overrated and does not prefer to go to Minni (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Report-Ricky-Rubio-s-father-says-son-may-remain?urn=nba,172985&cp=2) Its the first sentence btw, incase you decide to skip half the article.

Actually it doesnt have Rubio say anything in that article. If you can find anywhere in that article that it actually quotes Rubio then i might believe u but not once does it say anywhere in there that Rubio does not want to be in Minnesota. It quotes his dad on a couple things but not Rubio.

boeknows
05-11-2010, 10:40 PM

Once again Rubio was never actually quoted in this article. His agent said he would love for Rubio to be drafted by LA or by the Kings. His agent said that not Rubio. Neither of the 2 articles that u posted supports ur argument one bit about Rubio not wanting to play in Minnesota.

Hellcrooner
05-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Lol

just from today.

Use some translator

http://www.marca.com/2010/05/12/baloncesto/nba/1273666438.html

title " Ricky Rubios Parents took dinner with Wolves staff in Paris"
Khans words = Another year and then Wolves.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2010, 10:09 AM
the notion that he won't play for the Wolves is ridiculous, and unless you can provide an accurate quote of Rubio saying he won't play there, why waste your time posting it? Get over it. he is going to a small market, and playing for the Wolves.

Hellcrooner
05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
the notion that he won't play for the Wolves is ridiculous, and unless you can provide an accurate quote of Rubio saying he won't play there, why waste your time posting it? Get over it. he is going to a small market, and playing for the Wolves.

unless you get lucky with the lotry pick this year and land wall.

Then you can choose Gallinari or chandler for Rubio:D

Hawkeye15
05-12-2010, 10:21 AM
unless you get lucky with the lotry pick this year and land wall.

Then you can choose Gallinari or chandler for Rubio:D

Well, if the Wolves land Wall, of course they may entertain trading Rubio, but it would have to be something that blows the Wolves away. Of course, I don't know if there is a better fit for the triangle, then a shooter like Gallo

MiamiLoyal926
05-12-2010, 10:42 AM
You're ignoring the fact that the coach basically left Jennings to rot on the bench.

Rubio wasnt even the best player on the team... Juan Carlos Navarro was. Rubio still hasn't lived up to the hype...

Rubio and Jennings’ Euro stat lines are very similar. Minutes:Points:Assists ratios are very close.

I do not know what you are arguing here... but I do know that ricky rubio can transition equally as good as jennings based on their stats in euro play. Matter of fact... if jennings averaged those numbers in a sub par team... and rubio averaged that in a stacked team... then that must mean rubio can do better than that if he was in a sub par team himself.

I am not saying it is a sure shot that rubio will rock the nba as a rookie like Jennings did… but if it is based on there stats… rubio is going to be the better nba player.

hineswardfan
05-12-2010, 11:10 AM
he's gonna be second coming of Nash I hope :)

Hawkeye15
05-12-2010, 11:22 AM
eh, can't shoot like Nash. I am hoping to see Jason Kidd

MJ-BULLS
05-12-2010, 11:28 AM
So much hype around this kid, really looking to see if he pencils out and becomes the next Nash. :rolleyes:

Hellcrooner
05-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Nash is not his target.
He needs to become the next Jason Kidd

should also watch som Stockton and Payton tapes and try to do like they did.