PDA

View Full Version : Impressions After 4 Games of Cavs vs Celtics

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 02:41 AM
I realize we have a game thread, but that game thread had a poll where people had their preconceived notions of who they thought would win the series.

However, now that you've seen all 4 games of this great series. Now who do you think will win the series?

What are certain things that you see will trouble each team. Do you think there is something that one team can do to the other (aka, certain adjustments they can make).

Discuss it. This series is now officially a best of 3 series. The first to 2 wins.......wins the series!

***Mods, please let this thread be it's own thread. You might as well close the other Cavs vs Celtics playoff series thread. This is the only series in these playoffs that is actually worth talking about because it is the most competitive, and we don't know who will actually advance to the ECF from this series.

kArSoN RyDaH
05-10-2010, 02:43 AM
ill take the celtics. rondo is playing amazing and no one on the cavs seems to be able to stop him. not to mention "lebrons elbow is hurt" and shaq isnt doing anything.

GoatMilk
05-10-2010, 02:46 AM
cavs have homecourt and lebron james
i'll take them

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Well, LeBron has taken the (Kobe on Westbrook approach) in saying that he wants to guard Rondo. He said that he'll "let the coaches" figure that out. So in game 5, we will have to expect that adjustment, seeing LeBron guard Rondo. But that will take a lot of energy as Rondo is not Pierce (aka, doesn't stay in one spot and comatose like Pierce), and Rondo will make LeBron run around in circles.

kArSoN RyDaH
05-10-2010, 02:52 AM
ko8e24- yeaa lebron is going to get really tired chasing around rondo all game. if he does that then that frees up pierce and co. to produce.

Hawkize31
05-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Cavs have 2 games in Cleveland, Boston has 1 in their building. Gotta give the Cavs the edge in that case.

kEviN21
05-10-2010, 02:53 AM
Celtic!

That way lebron leaves for sure lol

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 02:54 AM
I know I've been hard on Pierce the last couple of days, but something tells me that he goes off in game 5 in Cleveland, and the Celtics steal a close one and head back to Boston with a 3-2 lead.

Costra_Nostra
05-10-2010, 03:07 AM
This series is just way too unpredictable. I honestly have no idea who is going to win. It's literally 50-50. I give the edge to the Cavs because of HCA, but Boston can pull this off.

JayW_1023
05-10-2010, 04:49 AM
- It seems that whenever LBJ has a big game like he did in game 3, his teammates seem to think LBJ can do it all alone anyway. It's really frustrating to see the lack of help LeBron gets.
- The ball stops moving. Mo Williams, LBJ and ESPECIALLY Delonte West are ball-stoppers that overhandle the ball with pointless trick dribbles, eating precious shotclock time. Pass the damn ball!
- Whenever the Cavs did move the ball, the Cavs made a run. Both times it occurred when LeBron was on the bench.
- Anthony Parker is simply a short term solution...in the half court, he is effective in getting Rondo uncomfortable, like he did in game 3. But Rondo pushed the ball relentlessly in game 4, leaving Parker in the dust before the Cavs D was set. Maybe LeBron has more luck in Game 5
- Because no one stepped up and created for the Cavs, LeBron had to force the action...which resulted to many erratic decisions and turnovers.
- Mo Williams wisely started penetrating in the beginning of the 4th quarter, resulting in a Cavs run. But the Cavs failed to challenge the Boston frontline the rest of the way, settling for long range shots.
- While Shaq was terrific on offense, his lack of lateral quickness was exposed by Perkins, Glen Davis and Garnett with great off the ball movement. The Celtics center was frequently unguarded.

DitchDat
05-10-2010, 05:08 AM
I think Celts will take Game 5 in Cleveland and that we will win this series

Raph12
05-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Boston in 6, Cleveland in 7

streetballa
05-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Winner of game 5 wins series, but it has been back and forth so I think Cavs will win game 5 and 7 Celtics will take game 6

todu82
05-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Going with Boston in 7.

69centers
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM
A - Lebron not consistent enough on offense (they need him to be scorching hot every night to win).

B - No one on the Cavs can stop Rondo.

A + B = (C)eltics win the series. Either in 6 or 7, but they still win.

Unruly Fan
05-10-2010, 11:50 AM
After the game 3 massacre in Boston it's somewhat difficult to argue otherwise.

Cavs will probably win game 5 at home. And if they don't win the 6th they'll take the 7th.

Raoul Duke
05-10-2010, 11:53 AM
It's basically 0-0 right now. Both teams have stolen one on the road, both teams have been blown out once at home. The Cavs are looking slightly more mortal than they did prior to the series, while Boston is looking a little more like the Cetics we saw a couple years ago.

It's a toss-up. My moneys on Cleveland due to homecourt.

king4day
05-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Boston has only played 1 bad game so far this series.
Cavs should have the advantage since they have Home Court but I can see Boston winning.

If Lebron guards Rondo, then that leaves Pierce more open. It's pick your poison. Cavs need to close out the lane better. Make him a jump shooter.

69centers
05-10-2010, 11:57 AM
This is the best play of the 2010 playoffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRidBCzWexM

Seeing Rondo in the slow-mo replay of him gliding through the air past Lebron, then dishing behind the back is a play you'll keep seeing for years, in a playoff performance that will go down in history.

ShockerArt
05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
My impressions:

1. The rest of the Cavs suck. Hard.
2. Garnett can't jump anymore. It's sad to see how much he's fallen off.
3. Rondo is awesome.

xbrackattackx
05-10-2010, 12:29 PM
This is the best play of the 2010 playoffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRidBCzWexM

Seeing Rondo in the slow-mo replay of him gliding through the air past Lebron, then dishing behind the back is a play you'll keep seeing for years, in a playoff performance that will go down in history.

I just wish he was passing to one of the big 3 and they would have jammed hard all over Lebron. But that play is tied number one for me as best play with Gorans 4 point play in game 3. So either way Rajon is the man after that.

mikantsass
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Wow currently a 19-9 vote in favor of the C's? Get on the wagon!!!!

JordansBulls
05-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Hopefully Boston wins.

m26555
05-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Celtics in six, just like I said from the beginning.

Unruly Fan
05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
lol wow, I didn't expect this voting outcome at all. Makes me feel better for supporting the Cavs.

ldc62
05-10-2010, 01:09 PM
This is sad... Lebrick just can't win a ring.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2010, 01:21 PM
While I think the Cavs still win this series, Rondo is giving them so many problems, the Celtics could win it. Which is too bad imo, because Orlando will easily handle the Celtics I think. Cleveland is better suited to play against Orlando, so it would be knocking Cleveland out due to them not being able to stop Rondo at all, and put the Celtics into the ECF to play Orlando, where Rondo would not create as much chaos. But Cleveland had better wake up. But the eventual champs usually face diversity in round 2, which is interesting.
I still say Cleveland in 7 after all that however.

m26555
05-10-2010, 01:22 PM
While I think the Cavs still win this series, Rondo is giving them so many problems, the Celtics could win it. Which is too bad imo, because Orlando will easily handle the Celtics I think. Cleveland is better suited to play against Orlando, so it would be knocking Cleveland out due to them not being able to stop Rondo at all, and put the Celtics into the ECF to play Orlando, where Rondo would not create as much chaos. But Cleveland had better wake up. But the eventual champs usually face diversity in round 2, which is interesting.
I still say Cleveland in 7 after all that however.
Boston took them to seven games last year without Garnett. I understand that Orlando did not have Nelson for that series (nor did they have Carter, but I believe he and '08 Turkoglu are on the same level), but you can't just count the Celtics out automatically, especially based on that great series from last season.

joe j.09
05-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Cavs win this series, they have homecourt, series goes 7, cavs win.

joe j.09
05-10-2010, 01:35 PM
jus to add, pierce is shot!!!!

cav_till_i_die
05-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, LeBron has taken the (Kobe on Westbrook approach) in saying that he wants to guard Rondo. He said that he'll "let the coaches" figure that out. So in game 5, we will have to expect that adjustment, seeing LeBron guard Rondo. But that will take a lot of energy as Rondo is not Pierce (aka, doesn't stay in one spot and comatose like Pierce), and Rondo will make LeBron run around in circles.

MVP, first team all defense, I think he can handle it

thethingsido4u
05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
i find it funny how the celtics and cavs are battling it out only to get dismantled and embarrassed by orlando the next round.

cav_till_i_die
05-10-2010, 01:47 PM
i find it funny how the celtics and cavs are battling it out only to get dismantled and embarrassed by orlando the next round.

I think its funny your just assuming that based of them beating the crap out of the Lowly Bobcats and the No show Hawks. Its all about the matchups and Orlando isnt as good as last year.

Toenail Clipper
05-10-2010, 01:50 PM
ill take the celtics. rondo is playing amazing and no one on the cavs seems to be able to stop him. not to mention "lebrons elbow is hurt" and shaq isnt doing anything.

really? did you watch yesterday's game?

CAVS21
05-10-2010, 01:54 PM

You think? Cavs aren't a good match up for them if they get by Boston.....plus the fact that you played the Bobcats and Hawks.....Shaq will be ready if it comes to that series and LeBron will want revenge....it'll be a great series.

thethingsido4u
05-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I think its funny your just assuming that based of them beating the crap out of the Lowly Bobcats and the No show Hawks. Its all about the matchups and Orlando isnt as good as last year.
:rolleyes:

cav_till_i_die
05-10-2010, 01:59 PM
:rolleyes:

:facepalm:

Chacarron
05-10-2010, 02:12 PM
If Lebron gets the assignment of guarding Rondo in game 5, then Paul Pierce will have Parker on him, which would make Pierce's offensive struggles disappear. The way Cleveland wins game 5 is with their bench, Varejao has to step up, so does Delonte West. If Lebron has to take over the game, then I see the Celtics pulling a win. The Celtics also need to use the pick and roll with Rondo and Garnett, and even Perkins to bring out one of the bigs to show and allow Rondo to make a play.

kingkenny01
05-10-2010, 02:12 PM
every in this forum has utterly forgotten something
:LEBRON IS STILL LEBRON "GOD OF BASKETBALL" JAMES
no one in basketball can hold him control or do anything
don't worry game 4 really doesn't matter that much when it comes time to do play games that can eliminate either team he will step up and stop passing the ball so much

Hawkeye15
05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Boston took them to seven games last year without Garnett. I understand that Orlando did not have Nelson for that series (nor did they have Carter, but I believe he and '08 Turkoglu are on the same level), but you can't just count the Celtics out automatically, especially based on that great series from last season.

that was Orlando from last year. They are much better this year. That should be obvious. Its my opinion, you don't need to share it obviously. The Magic are playing better than anyone in the postseason, by a pretty decent margin. I don't think the Celtics main weapon, Rondo, can do as much damage against the Magic as he is against he Cavs. Which is why I think Orlando would handle the C's pretty easy

ldc62
05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
every in this forum has utterly forgotten something
:LEBRON IS STILL LEBRON "GOD OF BASKETBALL" JAMES
no one in basketball can hold him control or do anything
don't worry game 4 really doesn't matter that much when it comes time to do play games that can eliminate either team he will step up and stop passing the ball so much

God? 0 Rings...

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Cavs win this series, they have homecourt, series goes 7, cavs win.

Ya, but that's too predictable. Anything can happen. Last yr's 2nd rd, Magic beat Celtics in game 7 in Boston.

You just don't know.

Rivera
05-10-2010, 02:35 PM
my impressions of game 4??

this is why even though rondos # dont look SUPERSTARish or look like an ELITE PG in the game

this is why people from the boston area say Rondo> Rose and thats y rondos the best PG in the east

and he is just that a POINT GUARD he is a top 5 PG in the league today! he does more for his TEAM than rose

18 boards for a PG? insane!

sp1derm00
05-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I'd rather bank on the Celtics not being able to stop Lebron than the Cavs not being able to stop Rondo.

Cavs in 7.

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Wow, I've heard some great analysis and ideas of adjustments from many of you guys for both Cleveland adjustments and Boston adjustments. Good discussion.

RaiderLakersA's
05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
The team that wins the next game (game 5) wins the series.

I'm shocked at how little both Shaq and Paul Pierce have contributed to their respective teams.

And as of now, neither team has convinced me that they'll trump Orlando, which is the team that I picked to win the East.

ballpd05
05-10-2010, 03:32 PM
I think Lebron comes out with a vengeance. I think just as much as Rondo is a problem thought... KG punking Jamison on the block has to be just as much of a problem as Rondo on Mo & Parker

kurivaimu
05-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Winner of game 5 wins series, but it has been back and forth so I think Cavs will win game 5 and 7 Celtics will take game 6

I agree. Whoever wins game 5 will win the series.

SNYmets86
05-10-2010, 03:54 PM
if lebron is on rondo ....pierce is going to light it up

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 04:01 PM
I think Lebron comes out with a vengeance. I think just as much as Rondo is a problem thought... KG punking Jamison on the block has to be just as much of a problem as Rondo on Mo & Parker

What does that even mean? He's had "vengeance" games in the playoffs where Cavs don't win, because his fellow soldiers haven't stepped up their game at the same time that he dominates. LeBron can score 50 against this Celtics squad and still lose if the other Cavs don't showup.

Unruly Fan
05-10-2010, 04:18 PM
LeBron has to bring his game EVERY game. Unlike other teams; If/ When one player slumps there are (at least) 1 or 2 players capable of bearing the load.

magichatnumber9
05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Why don't you show Boston some courtesy and just say Thank You! Thank You for not being the Hawks, Spurs, and Jazz. Thank you for providing a series that is worth watching. Thank You Boston. There that's my impression. And two middle fingers to those previous teams for putting there tail between there legs and cowering in a corner. I'll never get that wasted time back

Sportfan
05-10-2010, 04:39 PM
The amazing thing is the Big 3 has yet to do anything special in this series....if Lebron guards Rondo (which would be pretty tough for Lebron, just look at that sick pass to Allen) Pierce could have a big game

Raph12
05-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Idk why everyone keeps saying Lebron should guard Rondo, Lebron couldn't guard Rafer Alston on the perimeter. Rondo is too quick for him and will just draw fouls on him all game long, while freeing up Paul Pierce as well.

DaBUU
05-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Cavs arent a Championship team and Rondo is........i cant bring myself to say it

JWO35
05-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Cavs arent a Championship team and Rondo is better than Derrick Rose

Fixed

DaBUU
05-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Fixed

see, and all you talk crap about us, but when i have something halfway decent to say someone has to act like a *****. hows that big BG signing working out for ya?

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:05 PM
MY impressions so far are that we have two great teams beating the crap out of each other. The cavs got home court back which is great news for them.

Expect Lebron on Rondo. Rose was killing us until Lebron shut him down. Lebron Won't shut down Rondo, But he will slow him down thats for sure.

I just can't see Lebron allowing Boston to win in cleveland again. he needs to drive to the rim. Just keep driving and driving. Boston can't stop him.

cavs in 6.

RaiderLakersA's
05-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Idk why everyone keeps saying Lebron should guard Rondo...

The idea was proposed in a press conference (see below link), to which LeBron responded that he'd be open to the idea, if his coaches and team asked him to guard Rondo.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/93249664.html

I agree with you, though, that putting LeBron on Rondo could be playing into the Celtics' hands.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Fixed

This is a opinion based forum, you have no right to "fix" other peoples opinions. Don't act like a child.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Idk why everyone keeps saying Lebron should guard Rondo, Lebron couldn't guard Rafer Alston on the perimeter. Rondo is too quick for him and will just draw fouls on him all game long, while freeing up Paul Pierce as well.

mmm wow.

Lebron has guarded smaller players very well, just look at last series vs bulls and Rose.

Parker on Pierce, West on Allen, Lebron on Rondo would be very smart for the Cavs. I would like Moon to get some minutes also, He can cover all three of those guys.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2010, 05:18 PM
MY impressions so far are that we have two great teams beating the crap out of each other. The cavs got home court back which is great news for them.

Expect Lebron on Rondo. Rose was killing us until Lebron shut him down. Lebron Won't shut down Rondo, But he will slow him down thats for sure.

I just can't see Lebron allowing Boston to win in cleveland again. he needs to drive to the rim. Just keep driving and driving. Boston can't stop him.

cavs in 6.

Really? His highness will not like to lose a home game. Lebron doesn't "allow" anyone to win - if they play better they win. ANd it isn't all about Lebron either. If you Cavs fans have learned anything in his career it should be that one guy can never will a team to a championship. This is not LBJ vs. Boston, it is CLE vs. Boston. Don't forget that. If CLE doesn't play well, they will lose - Lebron will just have to "allow" it to happen if he and his teamates play poorly.

Now w/ all that being said, I still se CLE winning the series. The only change I have made from the start of the series is I thought it would be a 6 game series - I now think it goes 7.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Really? His highness will not like to lose a home game. Lebron doesn't "allow" anyone to win - if they play better they win. ANd it isn't all about Lebron either. If you Cavs fans have learned anything in his career it should be that one guy can never will a team to a championship. This is not LBJ vs. Boston, it is CLE vs. Boston. Don't forget that. If CLE doesn't play well, they will lose - Lebron will just have to "allow" it to happen if he and his teammates play poorly.

Now w/ all that being said, I still se CLE winning the series. The only change I have made from the start of the series is I thought it would be a 6 game series - I now think it goes 7.

Your star players have to do well to win the ship. thats just common knowledge, and it all starts will the best player in the world. It started With MJ, Bird, Magic, Russell etc.... If Lebron does not play well, The cavs will not win. Just like the Bulls would not win if MJ sucked.

Lebron is just so unstoppable driving inside. In game 4 he settled to much, He does not need to do that. Even if he draws some charges, he needs to drive. They will never double Lebron if he's just taking jumpers all game. When he drives everybody runs towards him, which leaves guys with wide open looks.

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Really? His highness will not like to lose a home game. Lebron doesn't "allow" anyone to win - if they play better they win. ANd it isn't all about Lebron either. If you Cavs fans have learned anything in his career it should be that one guy can never will a team to a championship. This is not LBJ vs. Boston, it is CLE vs. Boston. Don't forget that. If CLE doesn't play well, they will lose - Lebron will just have to "allow" it to happen if he and his teamates play poorly.

You hit the nail on the head hugepatsfan. And as I mentioned before, Boston can bait LeBron to scoring 40-50 points and overexerting himself and not getting others going, and the Celtics can still win.

Mo Williams and Jamison both have to be 20 pt scorers the rest of this series. If they don't, then Boston will win and move on to face Orlando.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Your star players have to do well to win the ship. thats just common knowledge, and it all starts will the best player in the world. It started With MJ, Bird, Magic, Russell etc.... If Lebron does not play well, The cavs will not win. Just like the Bulls would not win if MJ sucked.

Lebron is just so unstoppable driving inside. In game 4 he settled to much, He does not need to do that. Even if he draws some charges, he needs to drive. They will never double Lebron if he's just taking jumpers all game.

Then why didn't he beat the Spurs in the finals? Why did the Cavs lose the the Celts a few years back when Lebron went off in game 7? Why did he "allow" Orlando to beat him at home twice last year? It's about more than Lebron. His supporting cast is playing like **** right now. Mo has been atrocious. Shaq has been awful expect one good game (but he can't defend well consistantly at all). Jamison has been pretty bad save a few plays. That is why the Cavs have to worry. Your right - the Bulls would have lost if MJ played bad. But a supporting cast that sucked would have done them in all the same. Lebron cannot and will not will a team to win by himself.

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Lebron is just so unstoppable driving inside. In game 4 he settled to much, He does not need to do that. Even if he draws some charges, he needs to drive. They will never double Lebron if he's just taking jumpers all game. When he drives everybody runs towards him, which leaves guys with wide open looks.

Game 6 of the 2006 Western Conference 1st rd, the Suns beat the Lakers in OT 126-118 to tie the series up at 3 games a piece.....

The great Kobe Bryant scored 50 pts in the game. Nobody else really got going where they could help Kobe in the scoring department towards the end of regulation and in overtime.......LAKERS LOST.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:30 PM
You hit the nail on the head hugepatsfan. And as I mentioned before, Boston can bait LeBron to scoring 40-50 points and overexerting himself and not getting others going, and the Celtics can still win.

Mo Williams and Jamison both have to be 20 pt scorers the rest of this series. If they don't, then Boston will win and move on to face Orlando.

LOL, your mistaking Lebron for Kobe. look at Leborns career. When he scores 40+ he always has real good assit numbers. If he scores 40+ they win period.

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Then why didn't he beat the Spurs in the finals? Why did the Cavs lose the the Celts a few years back when Lebron went off in game 7? Why did he "allow" Orlando to beat him at home twice last year? It's about more than Lebron. His supporting cast is playing like **** right now. Mo has been atrocious. Shaq has been awful expect one good game (but he can't defend well consistantly at all). Jamison has been pretty bad save a few plays. That is why the Cavs have to worry. Your right - the Bulls would have lost if MJ played bad. But a supporting cast that sucked would have done them in all the same. Lebron cannot and will not will a team to win by himself.

Orlando only won 1 game in Cleveland, and that was the 1st game of the series. It would have been two had LeBron not hit that miracle shot at the buzzer to prevent the Cavs from going down 2-0.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:32 PM
The great Kobe Bryant scored 50 pts in the game. Nobody else really got going where they could help Kobe in the scoring department towards the end of regulation and in overtime.......LAKERS LOST.

How many assits Kobe get?

ko8e24
LOL, your mistaking Lebron for Kobe. look at Leborns career. When he scores 40+ he always has real good assit numbers. If he scores 40+ they win period.

NO, not period.

LBJ and Pierce both had 40+ pts 2 yrs ago in game 7 (in fact, I think LBJ outscored Pierce by 4 points), and Boston still won.

hugepatsfan

Exactly. 45 points from LBJ, 10 from Jamison and 10 from Mo is 65 points total. But 30 from LBJ, 15 from Jamison, and 20 from Mo is much better, despite being the same total of points. Balance > one individual going off.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:34 PM
NO, not period.

LBJ and Pierce both had 40+ pts 2 yrs ago in game 7 (in fact, I think LBJ outscored Pierce by 4 points), and Boston still won.

Perice is clearly not good enough anymore to do that again. to old and tired.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Orlando only won 1 game in Cleveland, and that was the 1st game of the series. It would have been two had LeBron not hit that miracle shot at the buzzer to prevent the Cavs from going down 2-0.

I thought Orlando won game 5 in CLE? My point still stands anyway.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2010, 05:35 PM

You totally missed his point.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I thought Orlando won game 5 in CLE? My point still stands anyway.

Your point was that Lebron let the Magic win two games in Cleveland. But they only won 1 game. How does your point still stand? lol. you were wrong.

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 05:37 PM
How many assits Kobe get?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=260504013

He had 5 assists, which is really good for a guy who scores 50. He also had 8 rebounds and 3 steals, going 20-35 FG, 5-8 3pt, and 5-6 FT. Lamar had 22, Kwame had 17, Devean George had 14 and Luke Walton had 10.

And the Lakers still lost. Of course, due to that infamous offensive rebound and 3 pter by Tim Thomas.

That's why it's good to have your superstar score his points, but also get everyone else going, AND MOST OF ALL......TEAM DEFENSE.

But, that Phoenix Suns squad was just something else offensively :speechless:

Oh, while Kobe had 35 field goal attempts in that game....the next guy to have field goal attempts was Lamar Odom with just 14.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:39 PM
You totally missed his point.

No I got it. But Paul had 2HOF'ers on his team with him. You need help from your team. Lebron has much better players around him now. If he scores 40+ with is normal 7-10 assits, i can't see the cavs losing.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Your point was that Lebron let the Magic win two games in Cleveland. But they only won 1 game. How does your point still stand? lol. you were wrong.

My point was that he can't will his team to victory if he gets little/no help. Him losing one home game is no different than losing 2 in the context of that argument.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Oh, while Kobe had 35 field goal attempts in that game....the next guy to have field goal attempts was Lamar Odom with just 14.

Like Kobe would let anyone else shoot lol.

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 05:40 PM

True, I have to agree with this. But there can be a game where he can hit like 5 or 6 3 pointers, get to the line 10+ times, and score 30-35 pts. I don't know why, but I think he may have one more game in him to have a game like that in this series. So in that regard, Cleveland should be a tad bit wary of Paul Pierce if he waks up from his coma.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:41 PM
My point was that he can't will his team to victory if he gets little/no help. Him losing one home game is no different than losing 2 in the context of that argument.

Well your point is kinda Dumb. Of course Lebron needs Some help. But If he's scoring at will and still passing at a high level, I can't see them losing. Thats my point.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2010, 05:42 PM
No I got it. But Paul had 2HOF'ers on his team with him. You need help from your team. Lebron has much better players around him now. If he scores 40+ with is normal 7-10 assits, i can't see the cavs losing.

Agreed. Problem is they're not playing like it. That's why CLE needs to be really worried not only in this series (I think they still win), but in the future as well. Lebron won't be able to carry them through ORL and LAL/PHX if his supporting cast plays like it has this series.

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Like Kobe would let anyone else shoot lol.

Well, but Kobe had it going. He was 20-35 FG (57.1%), 5-8 3pt (62.5%). But I also thing the Lakers fell into the trap of playing small and fast ball with PHX. And you know very well in the mid 2000s (from 2004-2007), you could not beat the Phoenix Suns by playing small ball and trying to outscore them. You HAD to defend them very hard.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Agreed. Problem is they're not playing like it. That's why CLE needs to be really worried not only in this series (I think they still win), but in the future as well. Lebron won't be able to carry them through ORL and LAL/PHX if his supporting cast plays like it has this series.

Look at game 3, Lebron played great and the supporting cast played great. it all starts with your best player. if lebron can't make plays then cavs will most likely lose. Thats the whole point of having a superstar.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Well your point is kinda Dumb. Of course Lebron needs Some help. But If he's scoring at will and still passing at a high level, I can't see them losing. Thats my point.

No - your original point was "I can't see Lebron allowing CLE to lose another home game." My point was that if he doesn't get the help he needs, BOS will win game 5, whether Lebron "allows" it or not. He hasn't consistantly gotten that help at any point in his career. He can pass at will all he wants, but the guy at the other end needs to make shots. His scoring alone cannot get them to where they want to be. I still think they get by BOS, but I would be real worried about their chances to put it together and win another 3 series.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Well, but Kobe had it going. He was 20-35 FG (57.1%), 5-8 3pt (62.5%). But I also thing the Laker's fell into the trap of playing small and fast ball with PHX. And you know very well in the mid 2000s (from 2004-2007), you could not beat the Phoenix Suns by playing small ball and trying to outscore them. You HAD to defend them very hard.

I watch Kobe a lot. i seen him do some really nice passes behind the back or threw the legs. I just don't understand why he can't score 35+ and still be a big time play maker for other guys like lebron does.

That has always been my bash on Kobe.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 05:49 PM
His scoring alone cannot get them to where they want to be.

thats what the Pistons said.

Sportfan
05-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Because Lebron said that himself....

hugepatsfan
05-10-2010, 05:53 PM
thats what the Pistons said.

I thought Lebron wanted to be a world champion, not an eastern conference champion. Because Lebron has never been where he wants to be if that's the case. The reason - he has never got the CONSISTANT help he needs. I can't think of any player (other than Booby Gibson) who really stepped his game up and was the Pippen to Lebron's Jordan (not comparing the two - just using an example of a star and sidekick) for a whole postseason.

lakerssssssss
05-10-2010, 06:48 PM
I still say the Cavs will win the series.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Well with everything said the Cavs got home court back. So It's theirs to lose.

Celts437
05-10-2010, 08:14 PM
My perception is that as a fan all I want to see is good officiating the rest of the way and let the best team win.

Cleveland has had an incredible home record over the past 2 years and should be the favorite because of that.

Putting Lebron on Rondo would be the dumbest thing the Cavs could do...Pierce has been off his game from good defense by Lebron and whatever the heck else is wrong with him. Put Parker on Pierce and its back to the basket shoot over the top of Parker ball in the hoop all night. If the Cavs do go that route it wont last but maybe 3 possessions.

The Cavs need to use Z..I dont know what the deal is if he is hurt or not but Z has always given the Celtics fits and that would be a great move IMO.

The best way to stop Rondo as ridiculous as it may sound is for the Cavs to make baskets. Rondo does the majority of his damage off of missed shots.If its half court Rondo isnt nearly as effective.

Pierce has been non existent on offense the first 4 games. He gets going and the series is over.

Been a great series thusfar. Good luck to the non-jerk Cavs fans and I hope everyone enjoys the series.

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 08:18 PM
My perception is that as a fan all I want to see is good officiating the rest of the way and let the best team win.

Cleveland has had an incredible home record over the past 2 years and should be the favorite because of that.

Putting Lebron on Rondo would be the dumbest thing the Cavs could do...Pierce has been off his game from good defense by Lebron and whatever the heck else is wrong with him. Put Parker on Pierce and its back to the basket shoot over the top of Parker ball in the hoop all night. If the Cavs do go that route it wont last but maybe 3 possessions.

The Cavs need to use Z..I dont know what the deal is if he is hurt or not but Z has always given the Celtics fits and that would be a great move IMO.

The best way to stop Rondo as ridiculous as it may sound is for the Cavs to make baskets. Rondo does the majority of his damage off of missed shots.If its half court Rondo isnt nearly as effective.

Pierce has been non existent on offense the first 4 games. He gets going and the series is over.

Been a great series thusfar. Good luck to the non-jerk Cavs fans and I hope everyone enjoys the series.

Wow, that's some great analysis there. I don't know about the Z situation, you may know better by seeing more regular season games between the two teams than I've seen.

But yes, Rondo does get his momentum going off of getting defensive rebounds off of Cavs' miss shots. That is why Cavs need to shoot higher percentage closer to the basket shots. But, we all know what happens when a team misses a layup. The other team usually rebounds and almost every time scores on the other end. So if Cleveland does get those easy looks and opportunities down low, they MUST convert on the majority of them, b/c then Rondo will just get the rebound, Cavs big men like always will be slow in transition, and easy buckets for the Celts with Rondo running the show.

cav_till_i_die
05-10-2010, 08:25 PM
if lebron is on rondo ....pierce is going to light it up

Have you watched the games??? Pierce is always in foul trouble because of Lebron and parker can match up with him, he doesnt at all have the speed rondo does. Plus his shot isnt falling.

cav_till_i_die
05-10-2010, 08:29 PM

yeah you could see with the cavs making shots in game 3 is really slowed rondo down. But we have Moon as well, its not like hes a liability on the offensive end. We need him in the game more and need to keep throwing guys at rondo, not james the whole game. Thats all we can really do. Rondos game is incredible right now.

drama1386
05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
i'll take the celtics in 6. i think they win game 5 and finish up the series in boston.

dtmagnet
05-10-2010, 08:58 PM
It seems to me that neither of these teams can beat Orlando.

blastmasta26
05-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Rondo is amazing right now, but I still think the Cavs can win this series if some of the other Cavs show up. I'm going with Cavs in 7 because Rondo won't be superhuman every night or atleast LBJ will be superhuman for 2 games.

streetballa
05-10-2010, 09:56 PM
How about bench Mo Williams put Jamison at SF and start Varejao....Lebron basically plays the point anyways and it gives them a size advantage....But that is just one possible solution

m26555
05-10-2010, 09:58 PM

I completely agree with this. Pierce would abuse anyone on Cleveland not named LeBron, and James cannot stay with Rondo; period. I don't care how athletic he is; he just does not have the lateral quickness to keep up with him, and he will wind up expending so much energy trying to do so.

prodigy
05-10-2010, 10:18 PM

Its been bad for both teams lol. That counts as consistent, I guess.

Putting Bron on Rondo would be the dumbest thing the Caves could do...Pierce has been off his game from good defense by Bron and whatever the heck else is wrong with him.

Well Parker, Moon and sometimes West will get that assignment. All three VERY good defenders. So its not like pierce Will have a cake walk. Plus he's been missing open shot after open shot. Either he's hurt or just does not have much left in the tank.

The Cavs need to use Z. I dont know what the deal is if he is hurt or not but Z has always given the Celtics fits and that would be a great move IMO.

I love Z. But I don't like using him in this series. Z is very slow and we need to run more. JJ has played very well and I want him to get more mintues.

The best way to stop Rondo as ridiculous as it may sound is for the Cavs to make baskets. Rondo does the majority of his damage off of missed shots.If its half court Rondo isn't nearly as effective.

The way I would defend Rondo is play for the pass. If he wants to take 20+ shots then thank you very much. But we cannot allow him to get 18 rebounds and 13+ assits.

Well if Jamison, Williams, AV, Shaq were on their games this would not even be a series. So it goes both ways.

Been a great series thus far. Good luck to the non-jerk Cavs fans and I hope everyone enjoys the series.

Same to the non-jerk Celtic fans. I take that back, I have nothing against the fans, I just hate the Celtic players. Garnett, Davis, Wallace, Perkins are just not good people.