PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Phoenix Suns!!!!

theimortalone
05-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Who would have ever guessed that the Suns would sweep the Spurs, and be on their way to the WCF!!!!! Mad props to Steve Nash for his performance in the 4th quarter with a swollen eye! Don't take the Suns lightly Lakers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jizzle
05-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Sweep !

Wooo Hooo !

Beat LA Beat LA !!!

LA SUCKS LA SUCKS !!!!

Shady66
05-09-2010, 11:09 PM
I have never seen this many Suns threads.

Raph12
05-09-2010, 11:11 PM
4 threads on the Suns on the first page, and that's not including the series thread.

You guys beat LA and we'll talk... Maybe even literally in the Finals lol.

still1ballin
05-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Sweep !

Wooo Hooo !

Beat LA Beat LA !!!

LA SUCKS LA SUCKS !!!!

I can't wait. This series will be very special for Laker fans. We have been waiting for this for a long time.

Raph12
05-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I can't wait. This series will be very special for Laker fans. We have been waiting for this for a long time.

If they beat you guys again, that would just be sad.

still1ballin
05-09-2010, 11:20 PM
If they beat you guys again, that would just be sad.

No doubt, but I don't think it would happen.

Raph12
05-09-2010, 11:42 PM
No doubt, but I don't think it would happen.

Exactly what Cavs fans said, just don't take them for granted... Your frontline should win you the series though.

td0tsfinest
05-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Another suns thread? lol

They've done a great job. We're talking about a team that didn't make the playoffs last year. Frye might be the only rotation guy that's new to the team.

And Steve Nash. Dude is amazing. 36 years old and he's still ballin' like he's in his 20s.

still1ballin
05-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Exactly what Cavs fans said, just don't take them for granted... Your frontline should win you the series though.

No way, I never take any team for granted, but if I would put my money on a team, it would be the Lakers. Like Utah, they don't play good against the Lakers, but anything could happen.

ldc62
05-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Suns vs Cavs would make an interesting series... The suns face the same blob of goo (shaq) that prevented them to win it all as a Sun comes back to try to prevent them from winning the championship. Personally, I want Magic vs Lakers since I can't stand Lebrick or Amare winning.

gcoll
05-09-2010, 11:58 PM
No way, I never take any team for granted, but if I would put my money on a team, it would be the Lakers. Like Utah, they don't play good against the Lakers, but anything could happen.

Eh. The 1-3 is a small sample size. 2/4 were on back to backs (we sucked in those). 2/4 we were missing a big. Robin Lopez out the first game. Channing Frye out the most recent game.

Can't tell much from a 4 game sample. Especially since most of them were prior to us (the Suns) getting it together.

Raph12
05-10-2010, 12:03 AM

I agree, I just don't think they could match up with your bigs in the series. Amare will have to be beast and J-Rich will be the X-factor.

I got Lakers in 6.

uptownfan
05-10-2010, 12:04 AM
It's crazy to think that they were as close as they were to blowing up this team. Now they have a shot to make it to the Finals.

TEXASTITAN
05-10-2010, 12:04 AM
None of it's gonna matter at seasons end amare is gone to whoever pays him the most. They disrespected him 2 years in a row trying to trade him and i just don't see him staying. And without him they don't make the playoffs next year much less advance past the spurs or rockets or the lakers or the mavricks next year.

Punkindrublic03
05-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Hey now Laker fans... you still have work to do against a very good Jazz team.

whitekimbo
05-10-2010, 12:33 AM

ur sig is awesome. that kid is dumb.

Rego247
05-10-2010, 12:43 AM
steve nash is a gangster who just happens to play basketball. lmao

but congrats to suns fans, finally the curse of the spurs is over for u guys lol

Voodoo Alchemy
05-10-2010, 12:47 AM
prior to this spurs series, i didn't think the suns had any shot against the lakers. right now, i don't know anymore. i think they could do some damage.

Bishnoff
05-10-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm glad that we've finally got the monkey off our back by beating the Spurs and given ourselves another chance at making it to the Finals.

ldc62
05-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Don't wanna rain on the parade... but why is everyone this happy??? They've been to the WCF before. I'm rooting for the Suns tho... but man its not like they've never been here; and its not like the Spurs were that good this year.

Rego247
05-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Don't wanna rain on the parade... but why is everyone this happy??? They've been to the WCF before. I'm rooting for the Suns tho... but man its not like they've never been here; and its not like the Spurs were that good this year.

i guess the history between the two teams is what makes this sweet for suns fans also everyone counted them out before the season.

spurs didnt have their best regular season but stepped up in the playoffs, good enough to beat the mavs, so still a dangerous team for suns i guess.

still1ballin
05-10-2010, 01:45 AM
ur sig is awesome. that kid is dumb.

willsayanything
05-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Los Suns go to WCF, and Spurs go to FNS.

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN!

soonabooma
05-10-2010, 02:20 AM
None of it's gonna matter at seasons end amare is gone to whoever pays him the most. They disrespected him 2 years in a row trying to trade him and i just don't see him staying. And without him they don't make the playoffs next year much less advance past the spurs or rockets or the lakers or the mavricks next year.

Rockets???????:laugh2:

ldc62
05-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Rockets???????:laugh2:

:facepalm: the Rockets are going to be extremely dangerous next year. They have a lottery pick plus some quality players. :laugh2: @ u.

rocky4104
05-10-2010, 03:27 AM
Who would have ever guessed that the Suns would sweep the Spurs, and be on their way to the WCF!!!!! Mad props to Steve Nash for his performance in the 4th quarter with a swollen eye! Don't take the Suns lightly Lakers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

prefer it that way sir! much more sweeter... :)

rocky4104
05-10-2010, 03:31 AM

almost all the so-called experts said at the beginning of the season that the Suns WILL NOT even make it to the playoffs.. even if Phoenix had some good runs in the regular season, people would still insist its nothing that even if they make the playoffs they'll fade and lose in round 1.. Spurs not that good? they beat the number 2 team in the west!

kurivaimu
05-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Good job Suns!
I hope Robin Lopez gets back so the suns could give the lakers a battle

JayW_1023
05-10-2010, 04:25 AM
I must say, even though it hurts to lose like this...I'm glad it was vs. The Suns. They came out and imposed their gameplan. It's sort of poetic to sweep the Spurs after the Spurs were 4-0 against the Suns this decade.

Congrats to the Suns for being a well deserved Western Conference finalist. But as a Spurs fan, it's tough to watch the end of an era unfold like this.

rocky4104
05-10-2010, 04:55 AM
I must say, even though it hurts to lose like this...I'm glad it was vs. The Suns. They came out and imposed their gameplan. It's sort of poetic to sweep the Spurs after the Spurs were 4-0 against the Suns this decade.

Congrats to the Suns for being a well deserved Western Conference finalist. But as a Spurs fan, it's tough to watch the end of an era unfold like this.

you really think the era's over bro? if they can get another big to pair up with duncan, like the admiral-duncan tandem before, and having manu, parker, and hill for support, the spurs will be over the top again.. they played great against the mavs.. i think tthe problem was they had some, no, a lot of match-up problems with the suns.. the suns are just too explosive when the 3's are falling and it also helps that different players have been stepping up evry game for the suns esp in this series.. i mean how do you plan for that? or even adjust mid-game for that?

ldc62
05-10-2010, 01:11 PM
almost all the so-called experts said at the beginning of the season that the Suns WILL NOT even make it to the playoffs.. even if Phoenix had some good runs in the regular season, people would still insist its nothing that even if they make the playoffs they'll fade and lose in round 1.. Spurs not that good? they beat the number 2 team in the west!

Factor in that the Mavs are choke artists...

lakerssssssss
05-10-2010, 06:38 PM
I am shocked the suns swept the spurs.

JayW_1023
05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
It's good to see Amare commit himself more to things like defense and rebounding...for Phoenix to have a chance against the Lakers, he has to do more things than just score. And he has done that against my Spurs. It's good to see his game finally maturing.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I am shocked the suns swept the spurs.

i am shocked the jazz pretended to have toughness and heart.

dodie53
05-10-2010, 08:19 PM
go suns!

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2010, 08:37 PM
If you had told me this series was going to be a sweep, I would have put my money on the Spurs!

I bow before the might Suns! I concede I was wrong.

Now lets hope I am wrong again, and that the Suns do the same to the Lakers, because as much as i will be pulling for Nash to get to the finals for the first time, I just cannot see them even remotely competing with L.A., but I am hoping they do. Their pick and roll was hard to guard, so lets hope LA has as much trouble as the Spurs did.

I'm hoping for a 7-game series.

evadatam5150
05-10-2010, 08:54 PM

Wow... Did the Suns win the Finals..?? :clap::clap:

Congratulations Suns fan you beat an overrated Spurs team and still haven't won the Finals.. But yeah go ahead with the celebration.. It's a little premature but yeah if thats all you have to look forward to then by all means, enjoy your finest moment..

By the by, the Suns have far exceeded any expectations I had at the beginning of the season.. I have to say the improvement has been amazing.. Gentry's a damn good coach..

evadatam5150
05-10-2010, 09:02 PM
i am shocked the jazz pretended to have toughness and heart.

HEH

Spurs had a Ginobili who's a shell of himself, Jefferson who hasn't made a difference all season long and Parker with a bad wing.. It is what it is and the Suns dismantled them and earned the sweep.. Spurs are still a tough team without those issues so Yeah I have to say that a sweep was absolutely surprising..