PDA

View Full Version : Swept Away, which of the Spurs big 3 is most likely to be traded.

fairandbalanced
05-09-2010, 11:00 PM
What do you think will happen to the Spurs? The big 3 haven't produced in the last 3 seasons, is it time they disband and rebuild?

Raph12
05-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Parker, Manu was just resigned, no one will want his contract, Duncan is Duncan, he's not going anywhere.

JordansBulls
05-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Duncan is not an option. Dude singlehandedly brought the franchise titles and was drafted by the organization.

COBY KARL
05-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Parker. Popps is all over George Hill's nuts..jk. sorta.

what54!?
05-09-2010, 11:22 PM
parker. Manu just got an extension and I don't know if many teams will take him (for anyone really good anyways), Duncan is still the face of the franchise and Hill has shown he can fill in nice on parkers spot

iggypop123
05-09-2010, 11:23 PM
they wont trade anyone. they will be stupid and beleive a window is open when truly it was shut down tonight.

PC
05-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Parker

Manu just signed an extension and there's no way they even entertain the thought of trading away Duncan

king4day
05-09-2010, 11:28 PM
If they make a trade, it'll be parker. But I doubt they do that.
I think they'll give it one more shot before making changes.

td0tsfinest
05-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Duncan will probably retire a Spurs. At least, I think he should.

Right now, TP looks like the biggest trade chip the spurs have. Of course, they could deal George Hill or Blair but they're two young promising guys. It'll be surprising to see what the Spurs do.

I remember reading the possibility of the spurs going after Chris Bosh.

LA_Raiders
05-09-2010, 11:39 PM
parker to the lakers... we need a pg

obanga
05-09-2010, 11:41 PM
I think Parker leaves. Like it's been mentioned, there's probably no way Tim Duncan leaves the Spurs, and I surely hope not.

fairandbalanced
05-09-2010, 11:51 PM

After what fisher did against Utah, you deserve a :facepalm:

marlinsfan24
05-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Parker to the Miami Heat paired with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, on a team that will win multiple championships.

And now way they ever trade Duncan...and Manu's basically untradeable with his contract.

TEXASTITAN
05-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Duncan is too old and if he goes pops retires as the coach. Manu is to injury prone to get any real value for. And parker is the only real piece of the big 3 that has any value trade wise. Even trading parker though is not going to get them back to the finals. The spurs era is over period.

Raph12
05-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Well it's unanimous, TP-20 TD-0 MG-0.

TEXASTITAN
05-10-2010, 12:02 AM

If parker is traded he will NOT be going to the lakers. I can pretty much guarantee that thats the 1 team in the NBA that the spurs wouldn't deal with just because of past bad blood it wouldn't happen.

Toenail Clipper
05-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Parker for Sasha Vujacic

Procision
05-10-2010, 12:14 AM
After what fisher did against Utah, you deserve a :facepalm:

Doesnt change the fact that the Lakers could use an upgrade at pg

kvrnm
05-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Doesnt change the fact that the Lakers could use an upgrade at pg

agreed,,, fisher is the one weak spot, he isnt very good defensively, and cant get to the hoop

Sinattle
05-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Richard Jefferson

kArSoN RyDaH
05-10-2010, 02:39 AM
parker to the lakers. lakers neeed a point guard. watch. i wouldnt doubt it if mitch gets it done. :D

bbcmillionaire
05-10-2010, 03:09 AM
tim duncan to chicago lol i can dream

Hellcrooner
05-10-2010, 03:23 AM
Well i can see Duncan being used in a FALSE deal.

I mean Ilgauskas like Mcdyess Like payton like.

Spurs see a player they like the team of tht player wants to get into Fa and so trades the player for Ducan (expiring) and whatever pick or money or wahteve and then cuts it so he can sgn for the minimum with Spurs.

akesh99
05-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Well i can see Duncan being used in a FALSE deal.

I mean Ilgauskas like Mcdyess Like payton like.

Spurs see a player they like the team of tht player wants to get into Fa and so trades the player for Ducan (expiring) and whatever pick or money or wahteve and then cuts it so he can sgn for the minimum with Spurs.

Duncan is still wayy too good at this point to be used in a deal like that. Besides, the guy is one of the classiest and most loyal players in the game. I would hate to see the Spurs organization disrespect him by EVER dealing him. He's a Spur for life.

kurivaimu
05-10-2010, 03:51 AM
Should trade parker and jefferson. George Hill has done a nice job at point, looks to be their future guy. Jefferson, sadly just doesn't fit on that team. He's a good player, but just the wrong fit.

jackdawson
05-10-2010, 04:04 AM
I wonder who voted for Duncan?!?!

JayW_1023
05-10-2010, 04:26 AM
Parker. No way Manu and Duncan will leave just yet.

Evolution23
05-10-2010, 07:15 AM
lol at the lakers fans wanting parker... so greedy u guys are

iHoop
05-10-2010, 08:40 AM
As alot of people said before it will be Parker.
Ducan will retire a Spur as well as Manu.

I really hope Jefferson opts out! :(

xxseven72ducexx
05-10-2010, 09:29 AM
haven't ready any1 elses responses but I'm gonna go ahead and say Parker has the best chance and if they're smart should trade him to get some draft picks...Ginobili isn't going anywhere considering he just signed an extension and if I'm gonna make an educated guess I'm gonna say Duncan is gonna spend the rest of his career in San Antonio, i think he'd retire b4 he goes to another team...but with the emergence of George Hill, Parker has become expendable...the Spurs need some more size and should try and trade Tony P to a team with a top 10-20 pick to try and draft a big man or a legit wing player...I personally hate the Spurs but if they're smart which I think they are then they'll try and get some value for Parker before he starts to decline and so George Hill can begin starting everyday and develop into the player they drafted him to be

mikantsass
05-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Tony Parker because they already have a successor lined up (Hill)

Maybe a Parker for Andrew Bynum swap?

rocky4104
05-10-2010, 09:43 AM
haven't ready any1 elses responses but I'm gonna go ahead and say Parker has the best chance and if they're smart should trade him to get some draft picks...Ginobili isn't going anywhere considering he just signed an extension and if I'm gonna make an educated guess I'm gonna say Duncan is gonna spend the rest of his career in San Antonio, i think he'd retire b4 he goes to another team...but with the emergence of George Hill, Parker has become expendable...the Spurs need some more size and should try and trade Tony P to a team with a top 10-20 pick to try and draft a big man or a legit wing player...I personally hate the Spurs but if they're smart which I think they are then they'll try and get some value for Parker before he starts to decline and so George Hill can begin starting everyday and develop into the player they drafted him to be

agree, on the point that parker has the best trade value among the big 3

nearyG
05-10-2010, 10:37 AM
THIS IS AN INTERESTING TOPIC....

I was listening to the Suns-Spurs broadcast the other day and I heard the possibility of Tony Parker being moved in the off-season. This gave me a thought.

It seems that Chris Bosh is all but gone in Toronto and he will most likely use the Raptors as a tool to maximize his value via sign and trade. Bosh will be looking to go to a contender and San Antonio is a very viable option. Popovich can utilize both big men easily (think Duncan-Robinson days) and Bosh would be comfortable close to home (Texas). Toronto doesn't really have any use for another point guard in Parker but this could turn into a 3-team deal if another team that needs a point guard (Knicks, Bobcats, Pacers, Grizzlies, Lakers) gets involved as well...this is a very interesting scenario for all teams involved and think that fans from all sides could see the prospects...

Below are some potential trade ideas:

1) Spurs-Raptors-Bobcats

To Spurs: S&T PF Chris Bosh, S&T PG Raymond Felton

To Raptors: F/G Stephen Jackson, PF Dejaun Blair, (Future 1st Round Pick via Spurs)

To Bobcats: PG Tony Parker

2) Spurs-Raptors-Knicks

To Spurs: S&T PF Chris Bosh, PG Toney Douglas, PG Marcus Banks

To Raptors: G/F Wilson Chandler, PF Dejaun Blair, (Future 1st Round Pick via NYK)

To Knicks: PG Tony Parker, PF Reggie Evans

3) Spurs-Raptors-Grizzlies

To Spurs: S&T PF Chris Bosh, PG Mike Conley, PG Marcus Banks

To Raptors: S&T SG Ronnie Brewer, PF Dejaun Blair, C Hasheem Thabeet

To Grizzlies: PG Tony Parker, PF Reggie Evans, SG Marco Bellinelli

hgtiger32
05-10-2010, 11:02 AM
parker is a FA in the 2011 offseason - something no one has mentioned yet, so prolly gone by trade deadline..duncan also has an ETO...so it should be interesting. i'm just glad the spurs took RJ from my bucks and gave us kurt thomas hah

Raph12
05-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Tony Parker because they already have a successor lined up (Hill)

Maybe a Parker for Andrew Bynum swap?

I was thinking about that also, it would make sense for both teams, but does LA really want to break the twin towers look up? May hurt them against teams like Orlando, skilled 7footers are hard to come by in today's league.

MikefromMars
05-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Jefferson will be a valuable expiring next year. I think he will be moved easily, regardless of what most may think. He just doesn't fit with the Spurs half-court offense.

JNA17
05-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I was thinking about that also, it would make sense for both teams, but does LA really want to break the twin towers look up? May hurt them against teams like Orlando, skilled 7footers are hard to come by in today's league.

only way the lakers would trade bynum for a PG is one of the following PGs.

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Russel Westbrook

none of which the lakers would get. The only way the lakers would get parker is by giving picks and a guy like farmar or brown. Something like that, not sure if the spurs would do that one unless they don't have better offers and they are desperate in trading him.

Also for the people that think the lakers getting parker is impossible. It's really 90% impossible. Think about Eva Longoria, she loves LA and maybe she can convince her husband for LA to be possible :D

GSRaider
05-10-2010, 01:29 PM
parker...

i could see the lakers trading artest to get parker...

lakerssssssss
05-10-2010, 06:49 PM
None

Sinattle
05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
parker...

i could see the lakers trading artest to get parker...

Why would the Lakers want to get rid of their best defensive player? It's not really a good trade off for Parker. I'd rather the Lakers get rid of Odom instead.