PDA

View Full Version : Does Shaq enjoy playing anymore...is he just in it for the money?

RipVW
05-09-2010, 06:08 PM
He doesnt seem as animated as he used to be. Also, didnt he get divorced recently? Is it possible that money is the only reason, he's still playing? I get it that they all play for money, but, like I said, he used to show more excitement/personality.

smith&wesson
05-09-2010, 06:31 PM
im pretty sure he is only playing for another ship.

he has money. more money then we can imagine. he isnt as exciting or animated because he is getting old man. he alsmost 40.

he only sticking around to get that 5th ring.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 06:34 PM
He should have been in the game late. I don't care how bad his free throws are, but at least Rondo and everyone else wouldn't have gotten all those offensive rebounds late in the game. If I were Mike Brown, I'd put Shaq in, not Varejao. When Shaq was in the game, The Cavs were still in the game. Once he went out and the Cavs went small ball, Rondo and his play won.

td0tsfinest
05-09-2010, 06:35 PM
I think he wants to finish off on a good note ,like David Robinson did, by winning a championship. But his return has been very disappointing. I would be really shocked if Shaq doesn't retire.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I think he wants to finish off on a good note ,like David Robinson did, by winning a championship. But his return has been very disappointing. I would be really shocked if Shaq doesn't retire.

After Cavs get eliminated sometime in these playoffs, I wouldn't be opposed to Shaq signing a 2yr deal worth vet's min to come off Laker bench. Finish his career where his career was really made.

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2010, 06:40 PM
In it for the money? No.
In it for the rings? Yes.

Raph12
05-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Well when you're getting bullied by the likes of Perkins and Davis, it doesn't seem that much fun. Like I said many times before, Shaq game was bully-ball in the past and he just isn't the same player who could just run over big guys like Perk/Davis anymore... As for the thread question, I'm sure he still enjoys playing.

Sly Guy
05-09-2010, 07:10 PM
haha, you're never the loudest on the floor when you aren't anywhere near the focus of a team

what54!?
05-09-2010, 07:12 PM
he's 38 years old. what do you expect. he's not the 1st or second option (hell even third anymore). he's playing his role to win a chip

Jahari Kavi
05-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Mods please abort this thread........

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh btw, more proof that Shaq should have been in the game at the end.

Shaq's +/---->+1
Varejao's +/---->-9

ldc62
05-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Shaqs loaded... I doubt he cares about money that much. Hes one more away from getting more rings than Duncan so I would say hes in it for the ring. Shaq has a huge ego.

PS: Your top 5 PG list is a joke and now you know why Bulls fans are ridiculed so much.

m26555
05-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Shaq has just fallen off a cliff. Did anyone see that one play where Big Baby put his shoulder down into Shaq and sent him flying back a few feet? That was the first time I've EVER seen Shaq get overpowered.

JiffyMix88
05-09-2010, 09:10 PM
cause LeBron said theres no playing anymore its time to get serious......LMAO what a joke

thescore53
05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
he's almost 40 and he still busting ***

LA_Raiders
05-09-2010, 09:27 PM
He wants to get 1 more ring than duncan & Kobe....

Too bad Kobe is going to get it 1st....

Kakaroach
05-09-2010, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he were in it for the money. The guy has a 100mill house. Thats like 5-6mill of taxes every year for the rest of his live.

But I'd say he is in it to win the ship, not just for the money.

E.O.21
05-09-2010, 09:44 PM
He wants to get 1 more ring than duncan & Kobe....

Too bad Kobe is going to get it 1st....

WOW :facepalm:

LeonFSU
05-09-2010, 10:49 PM
He should have been in the game late. I don't care how bad his free throws are, but at least Rondo and everyone else wouldn't have gotten all those offensive rebounds late in the game. If I were Mike Brown, I'd put Shaq in, not Varejao. When Shaq was in the game, The Cavs were still in the game. Once he went out and the Cavs went small ball, Rondo and his play won.

Agreed. He was playing very well, and Varejao is obviously not an offensive threat.

I think he is just annoyed that the Cavaliers, Lebron, and Mike Brown aren't utilizing him like they should and that the Cavaliers don't have any fluidity on offense. Their offense consists of just giving the ball to Lebron and waiting for the double team so that he can pass the ball around for an "open" 3. Only Mo Williams seems to be able to drive and dump it to Shaq for easy dunks/layups. They need to post up Shaq a lot more in the half court and let him make plays because Lebron isn't getting his teammates involved enough.

LeonFSU
05-09-2010, 10:54 PM
He should have never left/wanted out of Miami. Wade knew how to get Shaq involved. If the Heat get Bosh or even Boozer, they should really consider signing Shaq instead of JO or any other weak center they could get. I know it won't happen because Riley and Shaq seem to dislike each other now, and I also wouldn't doubt that Wade would be against it too.