PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brewer (What If)

titanchased
05-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Does anyone else feel like that if the Jazz had kept Ronnie Brewer (and he hadn't gotten injured) they wouldn't be down 3-0 to the Lakers. This is no knock on Wes Matthews but Brewer is a superior player than he is. I remember in past years that Brewer was a beast around the basket for the Jazz. Always getting layups and finishing strong near the rim. What do you guys think?

jimbobjarree
05-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Matthews>Brewer

I had a stat of the +/- Brewer had while on the floor v the lakers this year, it was something like -60 odd when he was on court and +20 something when he was on the bench, I'll try and find it. He must not be worth what his agent was asking and we did well to get a future lottery pick for him.

I think being fully fit for the 3 games would have helped more than having Brewer IMO

iggypop123
05-09-2010, 04:42 PM
the lakers would win by about 5 more points. they would zone off him and let him chuck up bricks .

HouRealCoach
05-09-2010, 04:53 PM
IT would be better for the Lakers but Jazz needs defense on the inside the most

Lakersfan2483
05-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Mathews brings about as much to the table as Brewer with the exception of Brewer's experience. They are about equal on the defensive end, but Mathews is better on the offensive end. Brewer was strictly a slasher.

Kakaroach
05-09-2010, 05:03 PM
What Jimboby said. Matthews is so much better on offense than Brewer and does the same defensively, so its way better for us. If you don't believe me, look at the past 2 series where we lost.

defender4m
05-09-2010, 05:23 PM
who cares they didnt have him. Who knows what would have happened. Everything coulda turned out different.

Korman12
05-09-2010, 06:59 PM
It would make very little difference either way. Utah got first-rounder for him so I don't really think they're regretting it.

thescore53
05-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Matthews>Brewer

I had a stat of the +/- Brewer had while on the floor v the lakers this year, it was something like -60 odd when he was on court and +20 something when he was on the bench, I'll try and find it. He must not be worth what his agent was asking and we did well to get a future lottery pick for him.

I think being fully fit for the 3 games would have helped more than having Brewer IMO

you cant be serious, he's a rookie his mistakes arent analyzed because well he's a rookie and rookie's make mistakes,

TmacBryant
05-09-2010, 07:18 PM
he would be a better defender against kobe even though wes is doing okay... i think it would be 2:1 , but lakers would win the series in the end anyways.