PDA

View Full Version : Is Bob Brenly a Racist?

Tabou71
05-09-2010, 01:34 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Fireworks-send-Lastings-Milledge-into-an-ill-fat?urn=mlb,239558

i know he is not, however they are trying to make it seem that way...everyone knows about "cadillac homerun" is

Tabou71
05-09-2010, 01:37 AM
the guy bringing this up in this story, should be looked as the racist here.

CubbieSteve
05-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Um no?

Captain Obvious
05-09-2010, 01:46 AM
They actually have a story for this? WTF?

RedHeadsRule
05-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Dang, I was expecting a hilarious Twan thread when I first saw the title.

But no, I don't think he's a racist. He just hates people who don't hustle.

StrandedCub
05-09-2010, 01:50 AM
Milledge was lucky the Pirates had a big lead at the time and won 11-1. Most of the criticism coming his way was going to be good-natured. It could have been very harsh.
Some of it was, actually. Bob Brenly, on the Cubs broadcast, said this:
"Milledge thought he had a home run," Brenly said. "[He] was Cadillackin' around the bases with his head down... Play the game. Play baseball. I hate to see that even in the opposition."
Ooh, I might object to "Cadillackin' " — not only because Brenly used a luxury car as a verb but for a connotation that might be misconstrued as racist (so why go there?).

I honestly never assumed it had anything to do with Milledge being black. I think that this guy is blowing it way out of proportion. I'm black and I know that at the time I took no offense whatsoever to it and still don't. And IMO just because somebody says something that can sound like it has racial overtones does not make a person racist.

Almost everybody, at one time or another, unknowingly makes some kind of comment that COULD be skewed to sound and look like a stereotypical or racist remark. To be honest, this is pretty ****ing stupid that this is even a thread. The guy isn't a racist, he loves D-Lee and Marlon Byrd. It is a stupid question bro.

Hockeyras
05-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Instead of Cadilacking around...would you rather he say...Volvoing around the bases?

:shrug:

Captain Obvious
05-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Instead of Cadilacking around...would you rather he say...Volvoing around the bases?

:laugh:

Canterbury
05-09-2010, 03:06 AM
They actually have a story for this? WTF?

Typical Pirate coverage?

AllStar44
05-09-2010, 03:33 AM

:laugh2:

HOWE do i do it
05-09-2010, 03:38 AM
get the **** out of here with this.

Milnertime
05-09-2010, 04:06 AM
I honestly never assumed it had anything to do with Milledge being black. I think that this guy is blowing it way out of proportion. I'm black and I know that at the time I took no offense whatsoever to it and still don't. And IMO just because somebody says something that can sound like it has racial overtones does not make a person racist.

Almost everybody, at one time or another, unknowingly makes some kind of comment that COULD be skewed to sound and look like a stereotypical or racist remark. To be honest, this is pretty ****ing stupid that this is even a thread. The guy isn't a racist, he loves D-Lee and Marlon Byrd. It is a stupid question bro.
Yeah, seriously.

It's not like he dropped an "N" bomb out there. A Cadillac is a type of car. If anyone makes racial overtones based on that, that's their own racism/false connotation coming through.

Plus, I'd venture a guess that Cadillacs can be associated with old people more than they can with black people.

Maybe Bob is ageist, instead.

zambo4president
05-09-2010, 04:37 AM
That is funny as **** he said cadillacin around the bases. I laughed out loud for a minute when I read that this morning

Cerberus
05-09-2010, 09:33 AM
For my 40 years Cadillacin has ment trying to look cool and looking instead like a goof ball. Like standing to admire a shot that hits the warning track, or Milliages goof. Some folks just speak before they think. In this case publish before they think.

Matchstckman
05-09-2010, 09:56 AM
What the **** is all of this "Soriano gave up on the ball" ****? It was a ****ing line drive off the top of the wall that he played perfectly?

The Stick
05-09-2010, 10:09 AM
I drive a 96 Caddy. Impressive I know. I don't drive it for show or to be a hot dog or anything, its all about the gas mileage for me. BTW I'm a white dude who doesnt run it out when I hit one back to the pitcher when I play softball.

Matchstckman
05-09-2010, 10:23 AM
I drive a 96 Caddy. Impressive I know. I don't drive it for show or to be a hot dog or anything, its all about the gas mileage for me. BTW I'm a white dude who doesnt run it out when I hit one back to the pitcher when I play softball.

You racist!

ReJo
05-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I think Bob needs to watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JDupjE3DTE

Hockeyras
05-09-2010, 11:03 AM
I think Bob needs to watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JDupjE3DTE

You know a video is legit when The Ladies Man does a special guest appearance for you

captainatheism
05-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Pontiacking