PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher and Laker Fans

thethingsido4u
05-08-2010, 11:03 PM
:rolleyes:

they sure dont appreciate what they have

RollinDeep
05-08-2010, 11:05 PM
We're definitely eating alot of crow at this moment.

But I love it. The man knows how to play playoff basketball.

IAmKira
05-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Only in the playoffs. Regular season.. hes trash.

thethingsido4u
05-08-2010, 11:09 PM

id rather have a player who plays like trash in the regular season but lights it up in the playoffs then vice versa.

JNA17
05-08-2010, 11:10 PM

for once i am agreeing with you.

anyway, yes a lot of lakers fans including myself have talked so much **** on him since yes he has sucked in the regular season but right now, im eating crow. He's been the **** so far.

iggypop123
05-08-2010, 11:13 PM
they hated him when he shot 36% from the field. right now they cant stop praising him. he found his legs in the playoffs

asandhu23
05-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Look at them loving Fish all of a sudden. fickle they are.

GspLAL
05-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Honestly how could you not have said something during the season? He was TERRIBLE on defense. Either way, he's the man.

kblo247
05-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I am not eating crow. I have defended him all year and said he would play well in the postseason when his minutes were increased. I also pointed out that Phil limited his time even more so the last weeks of the season. He didn't sit like Kobe but he did only play in the 1st and 3rd.

He got some more spring in his legs, just like Kobe and now both are basically playing solo in the back court with Shannon and Jordan only there to give them breathers as opposed to the season where those 2 had a longer leash out of the necessity of managing Fish's minutes and Kobe's health.

Plain and simple Phil pulled an Horry/Shaw with him this year even at the expense of losing.

Costra_Nostra
05-08-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm still standing on my position that he should retire after this year, or take a bench role. As much as he is great in the playoffs, his play during the regular season is just too much of a liability.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Just like kblo247, I too am not eating crow. :D

Because I too have supported him in the ups and downs. Ask any poster, I've never been down on D-Fish.

superkegger
05-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Phil is not going away from Fish anytime soon. He could literally have his right arm cut off and Phil would still start him. Phil loves his veteran proven PG's to a fault. Ron Harper wouldn't have made many rosters, let alone started, but somehow did for Phil in the early 2000's there. Phil just loves guys he can trust, and he can trust Fish, and Fish doesn't let him down when it matters most.

kblo247
05-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Fish is Mr. Big Shot. He has hit more big shots in his life than any PG in the league today. He is also giving Deron much more resistance than Billups did when he was taking it up the *** and letting him kill the Nuggets whole team defensive schemes.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Fish is Mr. Big Shot. He has hit more big shots in his life than any PG in the league today. He is also giving Deron much more resistance than Billups did when he was taking it up the *** and letting him kill the Nuggets whole team defensive schemes.

:clap:

SouljahPhil...
05-08-2010, 11:27 PM
we still need a pg nxt season..bench role for fish to conserved him for the playoffs...

Iodine
05-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Phil is not going away from Fish anytime soon. He could literally have his right arm cut off and Phil would still start him. Phil loves his veteran proven PG's to a fault. Ron Harper wouldn't have made many rosters, let alone started, but somehow did for Phil in the early 2000's there. Phil just loves guys he can trust, and he can trust Fish, and Fish doesn't let him down when it matters most.

I missed having you around keegy

GoatMilk
05-08-2010, 11:28 PM
always seems to hit those big shots

now sure, deron was giving him hell tonight, but he's DWill

this is why Phil was saving him in the reg season

superkegger
05-08-2010, 11:29 PM
we still need a pg nxt season..bench role for fish to conserved him for the playoffs...

That may be what you want, but if Phil is going to start a 37 year old hobbled Ron Harper for 122 games with the Lakers 10 years ago, he's not benching Fish, when the next best option is ****ing Jordan Farmar.

kblo247
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
That may be what you want, but if Phil is going to start a 37 year old hobbled Ron Harper for 122 games with the Lakers 10 years ago, he's not benching Fish, when the next best option is ****ing Jordan Farmar.

True. If anything Phil may be more inclined to letting Sasha get all the guard minutes that Shannon and Jordan eat up. Like it or not, when he got the time they did he was much more disciplined, clutch, and dependable on both ends. His ankle set him back lat year like this year.

I see LA getting a wing to backup Kobe especially with Luke's back and the fact Kobe shouldn't log SF time to the playoffs, and a backup center on the cheap. Maybe splitting the MLE on T-Mac and JO for 2 years or so.

JNA17
05-08-2010, 11:36 PM
True. If anything Phil may be more inclined to letting Sasha get all the guard minutes that Shannon and Jordan eat up. Like it or not, when he got the time they did he was much more disciplined, clutch, and dependable on both ends. His ankle set him back lat year like this year.

I see LA getting a wing to backup Kobe especially with Luke's back and the fact Kobe shouldn't log SF time to the playoffs, and a backup center on the cheap. Maybe splitting the MLE on T-Mac and JO for 2 years or so.

i don't know about JO but T-Mac or mike miller would be great.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Superkegger the f'kn man is back! :clap:

kblo247
05-08-2010, 11:39 PM
i don't know about JO but T-Mac or mike miller would be great.

You ain't getting no cheaper than a guy who shot 16% :p

He is friends with Kobe and Ron, and has openly said he wanted to be a Laker years ago. If not him, someone like Kurt Thomas. That way if Pau, LO, or Drew goes down you don't have to play the other 2 almost 40 minutes a night because Powell and Mbenga aren't full time rotation player worthy.

Teeboy1487
05-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes, I'm eating so much crow right now. I just wanted him to play to his capabilities. I thought he was slowing down. Fish is a huge part of this team especially in the clutch. I just lost my patience with him around the Denver game when Billups killed us. Nevertheless, I'm sorry Fish. Kblo and Ko8e tried to tell us. Both of them did not lose faith in Fish.

SouljahPhil...
05-08-2010, 11:48 PM

yeah i know..good ole stubborn phil...But the lakers still need a pg nxt yr..

DCB/LAL
05-08-2010, 11:51 PM

Laker fans? Ive stuck with Fish through the good and the bad what you talking? This is when Fish comes to play.

kblo247
05-08-2010, 11:54 PM
yeah i know..good ole stubborn phil...But the lakers still need a pg nxt yr..

Who though?

Felton got torched by Nelson more than Fisher ever has without going back at him.
Duhon is worse than how he played during the season at times.
Lowry is a guy I'd like but he is restricted
CJ Watson is restricted and Earl has never been starter good.
Hinrich's bill is large and we don't have the deals to make it happen

The best hope is Sasha returning to form in the role Brian Shaw had backing up both guard spots, converting Reddick to our side, signing Blake for the right price, or just getting a guy like T-Mac to do what Harper did.

plpfctn
05-09-2010, 12:45 AM
i've always loved fish. he's a laker legend. we need to resign him even though his regular season is weak and he's getting very old. but fisher is a big time player in the playoffs and thats the time when it matters. fish is clutch and he can play for me anyday.

DCB/LAL
05-09-2010, 12:51 AM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12755243&postcount=13

See ive stuck by Fish. :)

heathonater
05-09-2010, 12:57 AM
lakers fans did have legitimate reasons to not like what fisher did in the regular season. he was getting beat badly on defense and wasnt providing much on offense.

king4day
05-09-2010, 01:23 AM
He made a 3 near the end of the game that I thought was a really bad decision to shoot it. I'm sure had he missed and LA ended up losing, that he woulda been the goat becuz of it.

kblo247
05-09-2010, 01:37 AM
He made a 3 near the end of the game that I thought was a really bad decision to shoot it. I'm sure had he missed and LA ended up losing, that he woulda been the goat becuz of it.

Fish has been hitting that shot since 01 in tighter situation and with less time to gather than that.

:eyebrow:

Lakersfan2483
05-09-2010, 01:42 AM

Most Laker fans were upset with Fish for legitimate reasons as he was struggling this year. He's too old to be a starter for a full season, however he's still capable of stepping up during the playoffs. He hits big shots and is a clutch shooter. He was great tonight and has stepped up during the playoffs.

Hopefully, we can resign him next year and have him come off the bench in a more limited role and conserve him for another postseason run. He would be an excellent backup as he knows the system and is capable of perfoming during crunch time.

JayW_1023
05-09-2010, 04:19 AM
I've been saying it all along Fisher doesn't deserve the crap he's been getting. The guy is a winner who steps up when it matters most.

SouljahPhil...
05-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Who though?

Felton got torched by Nelson more than Fisher ever has without going back at him.
Duhon is worse than how he played during the season at times.
Lowry is a guy I'd like but he is restricted
CJ Watson is restricted and Earl has never been starter good.
Hinrich's bill is large and we don't have the deals to make it happen

The best hope is Sasha returning to form in the role Brian Shaw had backing up both guard spots, converting Reddick to our side, signing Blake for the right price, or just getting a guy like T-Mac to do what Harper did.

4 players come to my mind when it comes to pg this offseason...
My top 4 choice would be(not in order) any will do
Foye for the full mle..I think he would be great for this team..wonder though if he will accept it..
Hinrich-nice shooter and defender...contract sucks but would be the perfect fit for this team..
Jack-If we indeed sign nd trade for bosh I want him included in the deal since we have the leverage..
Felton- I was so hign on him before and was my no target but not anymore... still a decent option and better than farmar..

Btw I think we will add a vet..either tmac-jo-or kurt thomas to solidify our bench...

Tony_Starks
05-09-2010, 11:31 AM
We know exactly what we have in Fish just like when we had Horry. Coast through the season and come up big in the playoffs. As a laker fan you can't help but get frustrated with Fish during the season but the big payoff is well worth it!

godolphins
05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Fisher really step it up in the playoffs

J4KOP99
05-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Fans that have been watching this team over the years understand what Fisher is all about.

Some Lakers fans get tired of his constant shooting and his declining quickness on the defensive end but with those negatives you get some huge positives come playoff time.

RaiderLakersA's
05-09-2010, 01:31 PM

Not true.

The last two Lakers jerseys that I bought were the white Horry and Fisher (just before Fisher left to sign with the Warriors) jerseys.

I identify most with those kinds of players...they don't get much glory, spend most of their time fighting off critics, and every day is an uphill battle to prove that they belong, that they can contribute in a significantly impactful way. The Fishers of the world are vital to championship teams. You can often find them in the moment accomplish great things when absolutely no one in the building expects it.

And don't get me started on how many times Fisher has come up HUGE in the playoffs.

ElMarroAfamado
05-09-2010, 01:39 PM
i like how d fish always shuts everyone up come playoff time...

smith&wesson
05-09-2010, 01:47 PM

i dont understand why shannon brown doesnt start ? can't he play pg ? i thought he was a pg.

Bring The Heat
05-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Man its almost like I knew when he shot it that it was going in... That stupid mofo always hits those clutch shots out of nowhere

mvb815
05-09-2010, 01:55 PM
forget fisher, it's farmar who gets the most **** on this team, and i still don't understand why.

he is a decent player, very strong basketball IQ with the potential of being a really good shooter.

you guys are drooling over all your all stars so much you overlook your other talant, like fish, farmar, and brown