PDA

View Full Version : Suns/Magic final????

soonabooma
05-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Okay, there's obviously still the intrigue of a Kobe vs. Lebron, LA/Cleveland finals. Those two teams are still as good as anybody. But how fun would a Phoenix/Orlando series be? That would just be unreal, the way these teams can run and score, and both have really sharpened up their defense. I'd be fine if we could get that matchup.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I agree, for the typical NBA fan, that would be a fun Finals matchup to watch. But of course, not something I personally would want to watch. :)

ink
05-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Best finals we could hope for.

I don't really want to see Lebron, Kobe, the Celtics, or anyone else currently in the playoffs. It would be great to see a fresh matchup of teams that play exciting ball.

todu82
05-08-2010, 06:01 PM
It's the final series I'm currently predicting, it would be a good series with Orlando winning in 7.

iggypop123
05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
the intrigue would= spurs vs pistons

soonabooma
05-08-2010, 06:12 PM
I agree, for the typical NBA fan, that would be a fun Finals matchup to watch. But of course, not something I personally would want to watch. :)

True, I saw LA up close and personal, and I've been telling people all along....they're not lucky, they're good(although Pau's last tip in was kinda smelly ;)). They're too damn big for most teams to deal with, they're well coached, they have talent, they have KOBE who is still KOBE, and they're just a good team. They can score, they can defend, and when they're in the mood to work, you're in trouble. I really do believe we could have advanced against quite a few other teams, but I don't think you can replace the kind of experience we gained by facing that team. It was a fun series. We're gonna be stronger becuz of it.

bahama0811
05-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I would love to see a Suns vs Magic finals. That would be fun.

heathonater
05-08-2010, 06:18 PM
i would be real happy to see the suns make the finals. they have had good teams for several years, but could never beat the spurs. not saying that they will make the finals, but i would be happy if they did.

abe_froman
05-08-2010, 06:19 PM
i would love to see it,but have a feeling it will be a rematch of last year

defender4m
05-08-2010, 06:22 PM
it would be good, but then again i dont see the lakers losing. I would also be suprised if the magic lose, they are too deep.

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Okay, there's obviously still the intrigue of a Kobe vs. Lebron, LA/Cleveland finals. Those two teams are still as good as anybody. But how fun would a Phoenix/Orlando series be? That would just be unreal, the way these teams can run and score, and both have really sharpened up their defense. I'd be fine if we could get that matchup.

This is my ideal final. I would love for the top seeds to get knocked off.:)

GunFactor187
05-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Amar'e vs. Dwight? I'm game!

theimortalone
05-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I would love that idea!

TheWatcher34
05-08-2010, 07:47 PM
:jumpy:

Raph12
05-08-2010, 07:53 PM
i would love to see it,but have a feeling it will be a rematch of last year

This... Personally, I'd rather we get LA, just to see how we match up this year.

iggypop123
05-08-2010, 08:04 PM
i have a feeling this is more about seeing the lakers lose than a basketball matchup

PatsSoxKnicks
05-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I'd love to see this final, it'd be entertaining and exciting. This is the matchup I'm hoping for.

GodsSon
05-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I actually wanted the Jazz to come out of the West but a Magic/Suns final would be very entertaining...I still think it's going to be an Orlando-LA rematch though

PatsSoxKnicks
05-08-2010, 08:19 PM
i have a feeling this is more about seeing the lakers lose than a basketball matchup

Or it could be the most entertaining final......If you actually watch the Suns and Magic play, both are very entertaining to watch.

Believe it or not the world doesn't revolve around the Lakers. Or are you one of those fans that thinks there is no other team in the NBA besides the Lakers?

marlinsfan24
05-08-2010, 08:20 PM
This final would probably go down as one of the greatest to watch for me.

*Superman*
05-08-2010, 08:21 PM
It would be fun, but the Magic have said they want the Lakers. Hopefully both teams make it back.

ink
05-08-2010, 08:41 PM
It would be fun, but the Magic have said they want the Lakers. Hopefully both teams make it back.

I don't care what the Magic want because I don't want to see them win the finals either. :D Out of the East I do not want to have to watch the Cavs or Celtics again.

So, out of the West my preference is to see the Suns. Out of the East, my desire not to see a couple of other teams leaves the Magic. Sorry, just tired of the usual suspects.

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-08-2010, 08:42 PM
This... Personally, I'd rather we get LA, just to see how we match up this year.

you make it seem like a forgone conclusion that the magic are coming out of the east. They have played 2 gravy teams in the first 2 rounds. Talk about luck of the draw.

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:32 PM
you make it seem like a forgone conclusion that the magic are coming out of the east. They have played 2 gravy teams in the first 2 rounds. Talk about luck of the draw.

Those two gravy teams would make both the Cavs and Celts sweat;

Charlotte went 3-1 against the Cavs, they matchup well with them, they have about 4 guys they can guard Lebron with who are each athletic enough to give him trouble. Atlanta swept the Celts 4-0, they are too young and athletic for the Celts to keep up. Just because the Magic present mismatches against just about every team, doesn't mean they should be penalized for it...

I'm not saying we're winning the East for sure, but I do like our chances against anybody.

superkegger
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Best finals we could hope for.

I don't really want to see Lebron, Kobe, the Celtics, or anyone else currently in the playoffs. It would be great to see a fresh matchup of teams that play exciting ball.

I don't get why that is the best finals we could hope for.

If they don't get to the finals, then, they're not the best teams. I don't know about you, but I want to see the best teams battle for the championship. If that happens to be the Suns and Magic, that's fine, but if it's not, then to me, that is not the best finals we could hope for.

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:45 PM

If they don't get to the finals, then, they're not the best teams. I don't know about you, but I want to see the best teams battle for the championship. If that happens to be the Suns and Magic, that's fine, but if it's not, then to me, that is not the best finals we could hope for.

Well if the Magic and Suns make it to the Finals, you'll know that there won't be as much biased officiating. Plus it will be fresh, watching LA and Boston go to the Finals over and over is like watching the Yankees get to/win the World Series over and over... It just gets a bit boring after a while.

Tommyh1331
05-08-2010, 11:45 PM
I would like to play LA for revenge purposes, but if were in the finals I don't think I would question who we play one second, let's get there first! God I am nervous as hell, but the way they are winning they make it alot easier on me lol

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Nty. Lakers Dynasty time.

LA/Boston or LA/Cleveland would probably bring in the best ratings as well.

iggypop123
05-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Well if the Magic and Suns make it to the Finals, you'll know that there won't be as much biased officiating. Plus it will be fresh, watching LA and Boston go to the Finals over and over is like watching the Yankees get to/win the World Series over and over... It just gets a bit boring after a while.

then dont watch

ink
05-09-2010, 12:02 AM

For starters the best teams don't always make it to the finals. Secondly, different people will have different ideas of what the best finals would be regardless of who qualifies.

Lakersho
05-09-2010, 12:05 AM

then get a better team,and beatem... if you hate watchin lakers win , then dont watch...

Costra_Nostra
05-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I'd shoot myself in the head if the Lakers lost the Suns. Think about all the possible matchups their can be: LA/CAVS, BOS/LA, and ORL/LA. And then you have PHX :gross:

I am 90% sure it's going to be a rematch of last years Finals, with the Lakers a slight favorite.

Lakersho
05-09-2010, 12:11 AM
For starters the best teams don't always make it to the finals. Secondly, different people will have different ideas of what the best finals would be regardless of who qualifies.

out of 7 game series, if you win 4 your the best thats why you keep playing.if you dont make it your not the best. period...

Bruno
05-09-2010, 12:11 AM
I want a tight nail biting NBA finals.

I think the Magic would destroy the Suns. No offense, but they would get destroyed by Dwight, especially if the don't have Lopez. The Suns are exciting, and fun- but they match up horribly with Orlando (who doesn't?).

PrettyBoyJ
05-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Amar'e vs. Dwight? I'm game!

Thats wud be a good match up..

Ironman5219
05-09-2010, 12:24 AM
So it looks like the confrence finals will either be the Sun or Lakers from the west and the Cav'/Magic from the east.... can you really go wrong with any of those matchups? Confrence finals are going to be intense, finals will be even better. All these teams are playing great basketball. Its a great time to be an NBA fan.

ldc62
05-09-2010, 12:24 AM
The suns bandwagon is filling up again.

lakersrnumber1
05-09-2010, 12:28 AM
im sure stern would be mad about that the rating would be very low.It would be nice 2 see boston and lakers again but it looks like it will be the magic again there hot right now jus want 2 see how they rebound from a lost in the playoffs

Raph12
05-09-2010, 01:02 AM
then get a better team,and beatem... if you hate watchin lakers win , then dont watch...

That's exactly what we plan to do come June...

JPHX
05-09-2010, 01:19 AM
It just sucks that this would probably never happen. Underdogs don't have much of a shot against the superior teams. Unlike in the NFL. This would be a great finals to see. Just think of how many threes would be taken.

ink
05-09-2010, 01:29 AM
out of 7 game series, if you win 4 your the best thats why you keep playing.if you dont make it your not the best. period...

Thanks, I understand the rules.

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 02:35 AM
Stern would **** in his pants if this would happen

J-Relo
05-09-2010, 03:17 AM
ohhh....one of those "if" treads...

yes i would unbelievably happy to see Suns making it to the finals and even winning!!!

RaiderLakersA's
05-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't think that I would watch a Suns v. Magic finals.